1pm - Coastal Carolina @ #8 Montana
1pm - New Hampshire @ #5 Maine

2:30pm - Furman @ #1 North Dakota State
3pm - South Dakota State @ #3 Eastern Washington
6pm - Jacksonville State @ #6 McNeese
7pm - Sam Houston State @ #4 SE Louisiana

Thomas96
12-01-2013, 04:24 AM
Coastal played well. Anyone see an upset here?

onbison09
12-01-2013, 04:27 AM
I think Montana will be nervous for awhile. Could see McNesse, Maine going down (not saying it will happen). Would love for the Jacks to win but don't see it.

Thomas96
12-01-2013, 04:31 AM
I believe your correct however if they can quick strike like today it will take the Griz out of their game.

NDSUstudent
12-01-2013, 04:32 AM

They did play well but I don't like picking southern teams heading into a deep freeze. Plus Bethune-Cookman is vastly overrated.

90 BISON
12-01-2013, 04:32 AM
I think Montana will be nervous for awhile. Could see McNesse, Maine going down (not saying it will happen). Would love for the Jacks to win but don't see it.

I expect Maine will lose to NH as NH pounded them in the last week of the regular season. I also predict SHSU beats SELA.

Tatanka
12-01-2013, 04:53 AM
They did play well but I don't like picking southern teams heading into a deep freeze. Plus Bethune-Cookman is vastly overrated.

this, and this.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

devin45k
12-01-2013, 05:42 AM

I said that it could happen when the playoff brackets were first announced. Most people disagreed with me though.

ndsubison1
12-01-2013, 07:09 AM

i can see them giving them a game but ultimately i think home field is the difference for the grizz

A1pigskin
12-01-2013, 01:44 PM
I would like to see SDSU beat Eastern Washington.

tony
12-01-2013, 01:46 PM
How much more interesting would this round be without all the conference rematches? Hint: More than a little.

SHSU v Maine and SELA v New Hampshire, for example, are a lot more compelling than SHSU v SELA and Maine v New Hampshire.

Tatanka
12-01-2013, 01:57 PM
How much more interesting would this round be without all the conference rematches? Hint: More than a little.

SHSU v Maine and SELA v New Hampshire, for example, are a lot more compelling than SHSU v SELA and Maine v New Hampshire.

this.

A1pigskin
12-01-2013, 01:59 PM

It would be more interesting but I think they do it this way to save money.

stevdock
12-01-2013, 02:17 PM

They either need to get rid of this or be consistent though.

A1pigskin
12-01-2013, 02:29 PM
They either need to get rid of this or be consistent though.

They are inconsistent.

CarringtonBison
12-01-2013, 02:53 PM

agreed completely

BisonCardinal
12-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Whatever they're doing, I like it. I am glad we are not playing a conference mate in the second round.

A1pigskin
12-01-2013, 05:08 PM
I suppose the Bison coaches are fine tuning the game plan. I wonder how many pots of coffee they went through last night.

SDbison
12-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Still don't agree at all..........seeding should take precedence over any regionalization of games. Actually would help fan interest and revenue. No way the FCS should ever make money off the playoffs. Use it all to pay for travel if needed, and if they need to take a higher percentage to make travel possible do so. There is a reason the playoffs are different than regular season. A team should never have to play their conference rival, except in maybe a final, or occasional semi-final game only because more than 2 teams from a conference, or seeding that just turns out that way.

Mayville Bison
12-01-2013, 08:19 PM

I also called CC a week ago but it had more to do with Montana being soft than CC being good. CC hasn't really played anyone but I still like them against a Big Fluffy team.

I expect Maine will lose to NH as NH pounded them in the last week of the regular season. I also predict SHSU beats SELA.

Gotta remember UNH won at home and this one will be in Maine. Will be a tight game for sure but home field means a lot!

90 BISON
12-02-2013, 02:41 AM
Gotta remember UNH won at home and this one will be in Maine. Will be a tight game for sure but home field means a lot!

I am not trying to trivialize home field advantage but there is a reason Sagarin gives the home team a three point (and only a three point) edge. New Hampshire decimated Maine 24-3 which leads me to believe that UNH is simply better than Maine.

90 BISON
12-02-2013, 02:43 AM
Still don't agree at all..........seeding should take precedence over any regionalization of games. Actually would help fan interest and revenue. No way the FCS should ever make money off the playoffs. Use it all to pay for travel if needed, and if they need to take a higher percentage to make travel possible do so. There is a reason the playoffs are different than regular season. A team should never have to play their conference rival, except in maybe a final, or occasional semi-final game only because more than 2 teams from a conference, or seeding that just turns out that way.

You are correct my friend seeding should take precedence, but unfortunately money talks. And as it is the NCAA pays for the playoffs they make the rules.

GrizAlum'10
12-02-2013, 02:47 AM
I also called CC a week ago but it had more to do with Montana being soft than CC being good. CC hasn't really played anyone but I still like them against a Big Fluffy team.

Yeah, go ahead and ask your conference mate UNI just how soft Montana is.

MNLonghorn10
12-02-2013, 02:54 AM

didn't that game happen 2 years ago?

Tatanka
12-02-2013, 03:13 AM

Shhhhhh.... he's on a roll.

Soon he'll ask about South Dakota. You know, the one that got mercilessly pwn3d in Fargo that they took to OT?

GrizAlum'10
12-02-2013, 03:47 AM

So did our team just soften like butter, even though a good chunk of those players are still around, especially on defense?

MNLonghorn10
12-02-2013, 03:59 AM
So did our team just soften like butter, even though a good chunk of those players are still around, especially on defense?

You tell me, you're the ones who missed the playoffs last year and lost to Northern Arizona who just got pummeled by a conference mate.

GrizAlum'10
12-02-2013, 04:26 AM
You tell me, you're the ones who missed the playoffs last year and lost to Northern Arizona who just got pummeled by a conference mate.

I'm guessing a sudden coaching change, missing our starting QB without having a viable backup, and terrible secondary play had a lot to do with it. If the Griz lose in Fargo it won't be because they're "soft", however you want to define that.

HerdBot
12-02-2013, 04:39 AM
I'm guessing a sudden coaching change, missing our starting QB without having a viable backup, and terrible secondary play had a lot to do with it. If the Griz lose in Fargo it won't be because they're "soft", however you want to define that.

The soft Big Sky generally doesn't include Montana. Its the likes of the Cats that really drive the Big Fluffy image

MNLonghorn10
12-02-2013, 05:09 AM

werent you just bragging about how all of the defense was in tact from the UNI game?

GrizAlum'10
12-02-2013, 01:24 PM
The soft Big Sky generally doesn't include Montana. Its the likes of the Cats that really drive the Big Fluffy image

Fair enough.

Mayville Bison
12-02-2013, 01:35 PM

You can say that, but I'll stand by my statement. I hope I'm wrong because a good, close game between NDSU and UM is exactly what the FCS playoffs need to showcase, but I don't see it. I'll agree the Griz are one of the few in the Big Sky that doesn't live up to the Big Fluffy image, but I called them soft and I'll stick with that.

I must be missing something. On your board, you claim how what happened earlier in the year shouldn't matter and it's all about how you're playing righ now going into the playoffs (completely agree) and now you are talking about a game 2 years ago?

I guess you could use that game to show how you were playing so well and the momentum from that win helped you the rest of the way in the playoffs, right?

GrizAlum'10
12-02-2013, 02:20 PM
You can say that, but I'll stand by my statement. I hope I'm wrong because a good, close game between NDSU and UM is exactly what the FCS playoffs need to showcase, but I don't see it. I'll agree the Griz are one of the few in the Big Sky that doesn't live up to the Big Fluffy image, but I called them soft and I'll stick with that.

I must be missing something. On your board, you claim how what happened earlier in the year shouldn't matter and it's all about how you're playing righ now going into the playoffs (completely agree) and now you are talking about a game 2 years ago?

I guess you could use that game to show how you were playing so well and the momentum from that win helped you the rest of the way in the playoffs, right?
On my board? WTF are you talking about? I don't post under this name on eGriz.

Mayville Bison
12-02-2013, 02:36 PM
On my board? WTF are you talking about? I don't post under this name on eGriz.

you as in the collective sense (ie. Griz fans)

GrizAlum'10
12-02-2013, 03:26 PM
you as in the collective sense (ie. Griz fans)

Alright, I'll be sure to hold you accountable for everything your fellow Bison fans say on the internets.

As far as whether or not the narrow win over USD has any bearing on how the Griz fare going foward, I'd say it's about 50/50. Johnson threw 3 times as many picks in that game as he had all season to that point, so I think that was a big factor. The Griz also had a characteristically sluggish first half, which needs to be corrected in order to have a chance against the Bison.

It's also worth noting that the Griz D has only allowed 1 TD since the first half of that game, so they appear to be playing their best at the right time.

Tatanka
12-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Against whom?

Mayville Bison
12-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Alright, I'll be sure to hold you accountable for everything your fellow Bison fans say on the internets.

Sounds good. I typically don't post on other boards trying to start something but when I do I usually use the handle lakesbison

As far as whether or not the narrow win over USD has any bearing on how the Griz fare going foward, I'd say it's about 50/50. Johnson threw 3 times as many picks in that game as he had all season to that point, so I think that was a big factor. The Griz also had a characteristically sluggish first half, which needs to be corrected in order to have a chance against the Bison.

It's also worth noting that the Griz D has only allowed 1 TD since the first half of that game, so they appear to be playing their best at the right time.

It's not quite as funny if you have to explain the joke/reference, but I'll try to be more clear this time.

Since you were discussing the UNI/UM game from 2 years ago, I wanted to know if that momentum helped you the rest of the way in the playoffs.

GrizAlum'10
12-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Sounds good. I typically don't post on other boards trying to start something but when I do I usually use the handle lakesbison

It's not quite as funny if you have to explain the joke/reference, but I'll try to be more clear this time.

Since you were discussing the UNI/UM game from 2 years ago, I wanted to know if that momentum helped you the rest of the way in the playoffs.

Well, we were an underthrown pass away from beating a tough SHSU team on the road and playing you guys in Frisco.

KSBisonFan
12-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Well, we were an underthrown pass away from beating a tough SHSU team on the road and losing to you guys in Frisco.

fixed ^ for accuracy.

Mayville Bison
12-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Well, we were an underthrown pass away from beating a tough SHSU team on the road and playing you guys in Frisco.

It definitely would've have been an interesting championship game. Both NDSU and SHSU were in the game a year or two before they were expected to based on their key players being underclassmen. Could a senior-heavy UM team (I seem to remember they were senior-loaded, but could be wrong) have beaten NDSU that year? I guess we'll never know.

But, one play/call is all it takes sometimes and NDSU was also that close the previous year out in Washington (could also be that close to not having any of those trophies!). Since you ruined/I failed on my attempted humor, I guess all that's left is I hope we both take care of business this week!

BlueBisonRock
12-02-2013, 04:49 PM

Which BTW a number on this board were pulling for.

No shit. There we were. A small group of Bison fans sitting in a side room at the Gastro. All pulling for the Griz to win that particular game. We wanted the matchup. There was a group of Griz fans up front being inspired by a young lady with a lot of pep and bounce. And as we later discovered a couple of dudes sitting off to the side being extremely quiet.

Alas, things were not going well for the Griz. Our tables were shaking our collective heads and making selected comments regarding the (lack of effort / results) on the field. Really! It was quite pathetic. The quiet dudes got up to leave. And then it began. The younger of the two old dudes started stammering and slurring out various phrases as he walked by our tables. During his tirade, we were told that the Griz defined champions and we were nothing but wanna be loosers. A number of other phrases were also tossed out. One of our group (the individual who was sitting right in the path) tried to understand the transgression, but was only engaged in a one sided drooling of drivel and dung. There was no sense to be made of the outburst. Then as the slurring perp was leaving the room, another of our group made a comment (No names here Oman) attempting to resolve and the whole conversation started again. The group up front had no idea that this encounter occurred as they ordered yet another round.

It was a moment. This was followed by a delusional letter to the local fishwrap and a significant outburst on the Griz board. And the dilusional dude continues to this day.

I do not hold this against all Griz fans and despite this encounter, I still prefer the Griz to the Cats. All I can ask is that you keep this person and those who share his ability to see pink when green was presented be kept in Warm Springs or Deer Lodge and not allowed to move to a halfway house.

Oh, If your outside LB played his role rather than being sucked inside, the Griz would have owned the BearKats.

MNLonghorn10
12-02-2013, 04:57 PM

congrats, Sam Houston took their foot off the gas after they went up like 42-0 and you were able to crawl back

NDSU's 2-0 vs that tough Sam Houston team, outscoring them 56-19.

GrizAlum'10
12-02-2013, 05:07 PM
Which BTW a number on this board were pulling for.

No shit. There we were. A small group of Bison fans sitting in a side room at the Gastro. All pulling for the Griz to win that particular game. We wanted the matchup. There was a group of Griz fans up front being inspired by a young lady with a lot of pep and bounce. And as we later discovered a couple of dudes sitting off to the side being extremely quiet.

Alas, things were not going well for the Griz. Our tables were shaking our collective heads and making selected comments regarding the (lack of effort / results) on the field. Really! It was quite pathetic. The quiet dudes got up to leave. And then it began. The younger of the two old dudes started stammering and slurring out various phrases as he walked by our tables. During his tirade, we were told that the Griz defined champions and we were nothing but wanna be loosers. A number of other phrases were also tossed out. One of our group (the individual who was sitting right in the path) tried to understand the transgression, but was only engaged in a one sided drooling of drivel and dung. There was no sense to be made of the outburst. Then as the slurring perp was leaving the room, another of our group made a comment (No names here Oman) attempting to resolve and the whole conversation started again. The group up front had no idea that this encounter occurred as they ordered yet another round.

It was a moment. This was followed by a delusional letter to the local fishwrap and a significant outburst on the Griz board. And the dilusional dude continues to this day.

I do not hold this against all Griz fans and despite this encounter, I still prefer the Griz to the Cats. All I can ask is that you keep this person and those who share his ability to see pink when green was presented be kept in Warm Springs or Deer Lodge and not allowed to move to a halfway house.

Oh, If your outside LB played his role rather than being sucked inside, the Griz would have owned the BearKats.

Pics? :biggrin:

GrizAlum'10
12-02-2013, 05:08 PM
congrats, Sam Houston took their foot off the gas after they went up like 42-0 and you were able to crawl back

42-0? I sure hope you don't exaggerate this much in other aspects of your life, but I suspect there's a few disappointed ladies out there.

tony
12-02-2013, 05:10 PM

Wait... what?

I think that you are thinking of Eastern Washington. You know, the team whose fans think that they should have won despite giving up 400+ yards of rushing and being down 35-0 at the half.

Heh, I just checked the box score and Eastern Washington gave up 400+ yards rushing to Sam Houston State in this year's game too.

MNLonghorn10
12-02-2013, 06:01 PM
apologies, they jumped up 21-0

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=313502534

i get all of Sam Houstons ass kickings of the Big Sky screwed up.

DePereBisonFan
12-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Wait... what?

I think that you are thinking of Eastern Washington. You know, the team whose fans think that they should have won despite giving up 400+ yards of rushing and being down 35-0 at the half.

Heh, I just checked the box score and Eastern Washington gave up 400+ yards rushing to Sam Houston State in this year's game too.

Wow. Zenner should have a record breaking day. I guess his 200+ against NAU was a warmup. I'm very curious to see how this game goes down. Hopefully no let down like they did against Montana a few years back in their first DI playoff appearance.

tony
12-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Wow. Zenner should have a record breaking day. I guess his 200+ against NAU was a warmup. I'm very curious to see how this game goes down. Hopefully no let down like they did against Montana a few years back in their first DI playoff appearance.

Well, with Sam Houston, you have to defend at least three different options. I don't see EWU giving up 400+ yards rushing to one-option SDSU. 399 tops.

cbline
12-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Well, with Sam Houston, you have to defend at least three different options. I don't see EWU giving up 400+ yards rushing to one-option SDSU. 399 tops.

I realize that I am not an astrophysicist who is used to very large numbers, but 100 Zenner's in rushing is almost unimaginable!

GrizAlum'10
12-02-2013, 07:02 PM
apologies, they jumped up 21-0

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=313502534

i get all of Sam Houstons ass kickings of the Big Sky screwed up.

Would also love to see any evidence that they "let off the gas" in that one. God forbid you give any credit to the Griz D for making the right adjustments.

MNLonghorn10
12-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Would also love to see any evidence that they "let off the gas" in that one. God forbid you give any credit to the Griz D for making the right adjustments.

Adjustments? K they held SHS off the board in the last 3 qtrs, but when youre in a 21-0 hole early..most teams lose that game. Besides, 496 total yards given up to SHS, 296 of them by 1 guy on 26 carries? Maybe my view of making the right defensive adjustments is skewed from yours, since you know, the Bison play defense and have shut the same guy down in consecutive years. Kudos to the 2011 Montana defense.

Tatanka
12-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Adjustments? K they held SHS off the board in the last 3 qtrs, but when youre in a 21-0 hole early..most teams lose that game. Besides, 496 total yards given up to SHS, 296 of them by 1 guy on 26 carries? Maybe my view of making the right defensive adjustments is skewed from yours, since you know, the Bison play defense and have shut the same guy down in consecutive years. Kudos to the 2011 Montana defense.

Was one of these adjustments letting said individual put up video game numbers on you, then hoping he's too tired to continue?

GrizAlum'10
12-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Was one of these adjustments letting said individual put up video game numbers on you, then hoping he's too tired to continue?

No, the adjustment was figuring out a way to stop him after he ran all over us for a quarter. Too tired? Surely you can do better than that.

GrizAlum'10
12-02-2013, 09:32 PM

Never claimed our D is on the same level as the Bison's, that year or this one.

Tatanka
12-02-2013, 09:59 PM
No, the adjustment was figuring out a way to stop him after he ran all over us for a quarter. Too tired? Surely you can do better than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5t5_O8hdA

GrizAlum'10
12-02-2013, 10:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5t5_O8hdA

I thought about spelling it that way but figured you guys would be sharp enough to pick up on it.

Kat78
12-03-2013, 12:41 AM
I got a kick out of reading some of the griz comments. They seem to remember they were "one pass reception away from winning", when in fact, we (Bearkats) were inside their ten yard line at the end of the game, with the griz defense giving Flanders 8-10 yards per carry, and our coach was too much of a gentleman to ram it in with the last minute ticking away. The video of the game is available, in case any of them need to refresh their memory. We drank beer with some of the griz before the game, and they said, "After the game, no matter who wins, let's meet right here and have a few beers together". We waited for forty-five minutes, and when we finished the beer we had waiting for them, we went back to our trucks and drank alone. I've been to two NC's now, and my team lost. But Bison fans welcomed us to the party. MVC trumps BSC on good sports to party with.

BisonHorns
12-03-2013, 02:32 AM
I got a kick out of reading some of the griz comments. They seem to remember they were "one pass reception away from winning", when in fact, we (Bearkats) were inside their ten yard line at the end of the game, with the griz defense giving Flanders 8-10 yards per carry, and our coach was too much of a gentleman to ram it in with the last minute ticking away. The video of the game is available, in case any of them need to refresh their memory. We drank beer with some of the griz before the game, and they said, "After the game, no matter who wins, let's meet right here and have a few beers together". We waited for forty-five minutes, and when we finished the beer we had waiting for them, we went back to our trucks and drank alone. I've been to two NC's now, and my team lost. But Bison fans welcomed us to the party. MVC trumps BSC on good sports to party with.
I like this guy! I think it is safe to say the majority of Bison fans want to play Montana in the Dome, but I don't think a Big Sky team can beat SamHouston.

BisonTeacher
12-03-2013, 02:41 AM
Has mayor maher filled out his bracket yet?

GRAFTONBISON
12-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Has mayor maher filled out his bracket yet?

Was wondering about this last night as I was watching the 2nd half of last season's Championship. I am guessing it would have found it's way to Bisonville by now if he did?