PDA

View Full Version : Go Jacks or Jacks?

BisonHorns
11-27-2013, 01:55 AM
Lumberjacks against the a Jackrabbits and both teams go by Jacks. I am going to cheer for SDSU to meet us in Frisco. My allegiance to the Valley is stronger than wanting them to lose. How are you guys feeling about this?

56BISON73
11-27-2013, 02:01 AM
Lumberjacks against the a Jackrabbits and both teams go by Jacks. I am going to cheer for SDSU to meet us in Frisco. My allegiance to the Valley is stronger than wanting them to lose. How are you guys feeling about this?

Why would you want to play them again? Plus I dont need to have SDSU in the game for me to know how tough our conference is.
I would rather play one of those east coast teams who think they are the end all when it comes to football.

MNLonghorn10
11-27-2013, 02:03 AM
ill be cheering for NAU. F the Jacks. this hand in hand conference foe shit needs to end, we should all want our conference mates to lose so we can laugh at them later.

BisonHorns
11-27-2013, 02:05 AM
ill be cheering for NAU. F the Jacks. this hand in hand conference foe shit needs to end, we should all want our conference mates to lose so we can laugh at them later.

See, this is why I seek advice. Pure wisdom, plus I already have experience hating the rabbits!

90 BISON
11-27-2013, 02:09 AM
See, this is why I seek advice. Pure wisdom, plus I already have experience hating the rabbits!

did you forget the purple?

tjbison
11-27-2013, 02:13 AM
I want SDSU to beat NAU but I don't want them in the NC

BisonHorns
11-27-2013, 02:19 AM
did you forget the purple?

Not purple at all. I do want them to knock some wanna be teams off before they lose. Although if we beat them in Frisco it would be the ultimate rivalry memory. I am so torn. I am entering fetal position until Saturday, their game is on espn3.

CaBisonFan
11-27-2013, 02:26 AM
Not purple at all. I do want them to knock some wanna be teams off before they lose. Although if we beat them in Frisco it would be the ultimate rivalry memory. I am so torn. I am entering fetal position until Saturday, their game is on espn3.

There's a better matchup than the Bison and the Rabbits in the NC game.

SDBison92
11-27-2013, 02:32 AM
SDSU and there is no way they make it to the NC game either way.

BisoninNWMN
11-27-2013, 02:50 AM
SDSU by a TD

Bisonwinagn
11-27-2013, 02:51 AM
SDSU for sure...not even a question.

jack power
11-27-2013, 02:57 AM
There's a better matchup than the Bison and the Rabbits in the NC game.
I agree. SHSU vs SDSU

HerdBot
11-27-2013, 03:01 AM

I feel completely different but + rep for making me laugh!

Herd890
11-27-2013, 03:02 AM
I will cheer for SDSU. D1 partners and in the best conference in the country....not like them winning will impact recruiting, they are still in Brookings and still only have two jiffy Johns at their stadium like a high school track meet!

CaBisonFan
11-27-2013, 03:04 AM
I agree. SHSU vs SDSUIf you say so.

ZHerd
11-27-2013, 03:16 AM
I definitely would like to see the Jacks dominate deep but I'd prefer facing someone else in the NC. Facing them again would be boring. Some MVC domination (really Dakotas domination) would be cool.

Hammerhead
11-27-2013, 03:24 AM
I'm rooting for NDSU and every other team that plays against the Big Sky. I'd also have no problem with an all-MVFC title game even though it would be more fun to beat the top dog from different conferences.

Tatanka
11-27-2013, 03:29 AM
I'm rooting for NDSU and every other team that plays against the Big Sky.
no argument here whatsoever.

Bison03
11-27-2013, 05:00 AM
Bunnies ain't going to Frisco. So it's ok if they win. I mean, it took over 100 years of football for them to finally get a playoff win last year, might as well go back to back years with one.

BisonTeacher
11-27-2013, 05:31 AM
Why would you want to play them again? Plus I dont need to have SDSU in the game for me to know how tough our conference is.
I would rather play one of those east coast teams who think they are the end all when it comes to football.

Im with you two. This whole hand holding, besties, allegiance to them because they went DI with us is crap. I say screw em. If they are supposedly one of the better teams in the playoff field because of what conference they are in...then I want them to lose to make things potentially easier for us.

reformedUNDfan
11-27-2013, 06:10 AM

i think we can be pretty confident ndsu would beat sdsu again. would you complain if the knocked ewu and eiu?

ndsubison1
11-27-2013, 07:05 AM

i will be cheering for sdsu in most games. go mvc

stevdock
11-27-2013, 12:01 PM
i think we can be pretty confident ndsu would beat sdsu again. would you complain if the knocked ewu and eiu?

Exactly this. I'm confident in whoever we play, but if SDSU wants to knock off one or two of these better teams that could cause problems for us, I'm all for it. If they make it all the way to Frisco and we play them, I'm confident in a similar result as during the regular season. That game wasn't as close as what the scoreboard said.

Plus there will be a season where we are on the playoff bubble and we are going to need some help getting in. The better the MVFC does in the playoffs, the more teams will get in. The one thing I don't want to see are any rematches in the playoffs. That was awful playing SDSU in the first playoff game last year.

Tatanka
11-27-2013, 12:13 PM
I want to see the mvfc win as many games as possible in the playoffs. Four big skirts? Three Ohio valley teams? Preposterous. Having said that, I would rather not see the bunnies again. They might actually get positive yardage on the ground the second time around but more than that I like seeing new teams.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

NorthernBison
11-27-2013, 12:15 PM
The Jacks better roll NAU. I don't think much of SDSU but NAU is highly overrated IMO.

Then, I REALLY want to see how EWU handles SDSU and their running game. That game will be an indication of just how strong the playoff field really is. Unless the SDSU defense has figured things out since their game in the Alerus, EWU could break the scoreboard if the Jacks don't control the ball.

runtheoption
11-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Buttzenner

gotts
11-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Jackrabbits by 10. Confirms the NCAA decision to not give NAU a seed because they are highly overrated.

extremerouge
11-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Gotta cheer for the Missouri valley. Proving that we has a good conference is good for NDSU and future playoff selections.

Mayville Bison
11-27-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm rooting for NDSU and every other team that plays against the Big Sky. I'd also have no problem with an all-MVFC title game even though it would be more fun to beat the top dog from different conferences.

Completely agree with all of this

Mayville Bison
11-27-2013, 01:27 PM
The Jacks better roll NAU. I don't think much of SDSU but NAU is highly overrated IMO.

Then, I REALLY want to see how EWU handles SDSU and their running game. That game will be an indication of just how strong the playoff field really is. Unless the SDSU defense has figured things out since their game in the Alerus, EWU could break the scoreboard if the Jacks don't control the ball.

If EWU didn't break the scoreboard at the tin shed, they sure aren't going to do it against a MVFC team outside in December.

NorthernBison
11-27-2013, 02:01 PM
If EWU didn't break the scoreboard at the tin shed, they sure aren't going to do it against a MVFC team outside in December.

You completely missed the comparison.

UND "lit up" the Jacks pass defense at the Alerus after Mollberg entered the game. I shudder to think what EWU's offense could do to that defense unless they have fixed a lot of things. That's why the Jacks offense needs to control the game and the clock (assuming they get past NAU).

1bizon1
11-27-2013, 02:18 PM
SDSU, like others have said, are our D1 partners. They made the "trip" with NDSU. It would be super cool to play (and BEAT!) them in Frisco. Show the FCS the power which is the MVFC and 'hopefully" prove to the fools (that are the selection committee) that they should NEVER doubt placing more of our teams in the play-offs. Next year, NDSU may be that team "on the bubble" for getting in.

DePereBisonFan
11-27-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm going for the Jacks...eh, SDSU.

Zach Zenner already has 300 carries this year. :eek: I don't see his body holding up when he gets 30 carries in each playoff game. A bye week would have really helpful for him (not that they had a chance at a seed).

bisonmike2
11-27-2013, 02:32 PM
I'd love to see us go up against SDSU. We match up against them very favorably. I just don't see SDSU making it though that bracket.

Mayville Bison
11-27-2013, 02:42 PM
You completely missed the comparison.

UND "lit up" the Jacks pass defense at the Alerus after Mollberg entered the game. I shudder to think what EWU's offense could do to that defense unless they have fixed a lot of things. That's why the Jacks offense needs to control the game and the clock (assuming they get past NAU).

I just took it one step further :)

That game had more to do with the offense being terrible in the second half than the defense - especially in the 4th quarter. 4th quarter drives
3 plays for 7 yards - Punt
3 plays for 1 yard - Punt
6 plays for 28 yards - Punt - this should have been 3 plays for 5 yards, but a stupid personal foul kept the drive going (3 plays for 8 yards after the PF).
3 plays for 3 yards - End of game

Their defense didn't help them out, but I was screaming at the radio because SDSU kept passing - it's like they didn't want Zenner to break 300 yards.

gumby013
11-27-2013, 02:49 PM
It will be interesting to watch the Jack-off.

:biggrin:

EC8CH
11-27-2013, 03:00 PM
BUTTT then I want them to feel free to pull out all their cheep shots, body slam tackles, trying to take out knees, ect. and soften up EIU for the Bison to play in the NC.

You should really be ashamed of yourself for posting such trash. :facepalm:

EC8CH
11-27-2013, 03:16 PM
What??? This is how they play us!!!! Watch the old games from SD this fall or BOTH games last year. The players try and put in a little "EXTRA" in every hit. watch the film, it doesn't lie.

So that's not OK when they play the Bison, but you're all for it when they play a potential oppenent???

Think about it and then decide if that's really the kind of sentiment you want to express as a Bison fan.

BisonNeil
11-27-2013, 03:22 PM
I think it is prudent to look ahead. Someday the Bison will need help to get into the playoffs. The current selection committee really blew it by looking past teams like YSU from a quality conference and letting a team with a better record from a s#!t conference like the MEAC or Patriot in. Big Fluffy with four teams? I'm sorry. Pure unadulterated, triple-distilled bullshit.

So, SDSU beating NAU is important in the whole scheme of things. We need the MVFC to flex it's muscle. So, I would like to see the Bunnies make a run in their half of the bracket, regardless of how deep that is.

IBleedYellow
11-27-2013, 04:03 PM
I want the Jacks to reach the semis. That's close enough for me.

EC8CH
11-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Sorry, you missed my point. I don't condone their cheep style of play at all. I was pointing it out. I want the bunnies to make the semi's then soften up EIU for the BISON in the NC. SDSU, NO. Iowa, Ill. State all lost to SIU after the BISON "softened them up", as well as Ind. State and Youngstown lost their next games.

I didn't miss anything. You suggested SDSU play cheap and dirty in the hopes of injuring NDSUs possible NC opponent because you feel they've played that way in the past against NDSU. A disgusting sentiment.

Man up and admit you said something incredibly stupid.

NorthernBison
11-27-2013, 04:53 PM
I think it is prudent to look ahead. Someday the Bison will need help to get into the playoffs. The current selection committee really blew it by looking past teams like YSU from a quality conference and letting a team with a better record from a s#!t conference like the MEAC or Patriot in. Big Fluffy with four teams? I'm sorry. Pure unadulterated, triple-distilled bullshit.

So, SDSU beating NAU is important in the whole scheme of things. We need the MVFC to flex it's muscle. So, I would like to see the Bunnies make a run in their half of the bracket, regardless of how deep that is.

Instead of blaming the selection committee, somebody needs to slap the YSU AD for scheduling TWO Pioneer League teams and a Patriot League team in their OOC schedule. They did this to themselves with scheduling AND getting bitch slapped by SDSU AT HOME in the final game of the season. They are an embarrassment to the conference.

BisonNeil
11-27-2013, 05:24 PM
Instead of blaming the selection committee, somebody needs to slap the YSU AD for scheduling TWO Pioneer League teams and a Patriot League team in their OOC schedule. They did this to themselves with scheduling AND getting bitch slapped by SDSU AT HOME in the final game of the season. They are an embarrassment to the conference.

Fair enough, but you think those teams are worse than say Delaware State and Ferris State? The whole MEAC is weak. Check out the records and conference schedules. They are s#!t! There is no way that the strength of schedule favored some team like SC State over YSU. Your argument is a poor one.

But, you clearly missed my point. NDSU isn't always going to win the MVFC every single year. Everything is cyclic. They aren't always going to beat their FBS opponent. They will, however, continue to have scheduling issues simply because of where we are located and who we are, so we may very well have the same weak non-conference schedule as we had this year or as YSU had. SC State should not be in the playoffs, as a number of other really shitty small schools. I blame the make up of the committee which was dominated by small schools that have never been in wanting to make a statement.

Bookem
11-27-2013, 05:42 PM
First round win and 2nd round close loss for the Jacks (SDSU), we don't need them stealing any recuits from us.

NorthernBison
11-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Fair enough, but you think those teams are worse than say Delaware State and Ferris State? The whole MEAC is weak. Check out the records and conference schedules. They are s#!t! There is no way that the strength of schedule favored some team like SC State over YSU. Your argument is a poor one.

But, you clearly missed my point. NDSU isn't always going to win the MVFC every single year. Everything is cyclic. They aren't always going to beat their FBS opponent. They will, however, continue to have scheduling issues simply because of where we are located and who we are, so we may very well have the same weak non-conference schedule as we had this year or as YSU had. SC State should not be in the playoffs, as a number of other really shitty small schools. I blame the make up of the committee which was dominated by small schools that have never been in wanting to make a statement.

My argument is not a poor one. You're bringing Delaware State and Ferris into this? We finished 11-0. They matter very little.

We simply don't know how much the YSU scheduling mattered. Maybe if they HAD played and BEATEN better opponents, the committee might have overlooked their losses to the 7th/8th Team in the MVFC in addition to their 42-13 loss to SDSU. They lost their last 3 games and didn't give the committee much to work with in their OOC season.

I predicted this way last Spring. It was easy to see that 8 wins was likely to be a minimum for teams looking for an at-large bid. There was going to be enough 9 and 10 win teams out there to make it very dicey for teams only winning 8 games.

You have to get very lucky if you want to get in when you lose your last game to a team you should beat. We did it in 2010 and only because we had the Kansas win.

I didn't miss the point about NDSU possibly being in the same position. I've made that point before when discussing scheduling. That's one of the reasons I have said I could support home and homes that result in only having 5 home games. Any MVFC team that loses their FBS game and 3 conference games is likely to be a bubble team and the OOC schedule quality should matter. IMO, YSU should have been in before two OVC teams but they didn't really give much ammunition to back that up by their play late in the season and their WEAK OOC opponents.

Mayville Bison
11-27-2013, 07:18 PM

The DSU and FS games are most likely the reason why we finished second in the SRS even with an undefeated record. But, that's not the argument here, it's more about getting more valley teams in and specifically YSU vs. SCSU.

Reason is pretty simple for both. MVFC beats each other up week-in and week-out. Had UNI played us the last week of the year, they would probably be X-1 right now, in the playoffs, and resting during their bye week. Similar situation for SDSU. Unless the conference gets some "bye-week teams", there will always be higher teams that get picked off throughout the year. Compare that to the MEAC and more specifically SCSU. There is a pretty clear hierarchy in that division and the gaps are wide enough where upsets don't happen as often.

Translation - win the games you are supposed to win. If you do that and finish in the top 3 in the MVFC, you will be in the playoffs. Do that in the MEAC and finish in the top 2, you will need some help to get to the playoffs. Bottom-line, UNI didn't win the games they were supposed to. YSU won the games they were supposed to, but the games were a lot closer than they should have been (USD by 4? ISUb by 11?). YSU was the 4th or 5th best team in the Valley this year. They appeared better because they didn't play anyone until their 10th game (obviously not counting Mich St). They had to win one of the last three games to get in the playoffs.

NorthernBison
11-27-2013, 07:47 PM
The DSU and FS games are most likely the reason why we finished second in the SRS even with an undefeated record. But, that's not the argument here, it's more about getting more valley teams in and specifically YSU vs. SCSU.

Reason is pretty simple for both. MVFC beats each other up week-in and week-out. Had UNI played us the last week of the year, they would probably be X-1 right now, in the playoffs, and resting during their bye week. Similar situation for SDSU. Unless the conference gets some "bye-week teams", there will always be higher teams that get picked off throughout the year. Compare that to the MEAC and more specifically SCSU. There is a pretty clear hierarchy in that division and the gaps are wide enough where upsets don't happen as often.

Translation - win the games you are supposed to win. If you do that and finish in the top 3 in the MVFC, you will be in the playoffs. Do that in the MEAC and finish in the top 2, you will need some help to get to the playoffs. Bottom-line, UNI didn't win the games they were supposed to. YSU won the games they were supposed to, but the games were a lot closer than they should have been (USD by 4? ISUb by 11?). YSU was the 4th or 5th best team in the Valley this year. They appeared better because they didn't play anyone until their 10th game (obviously not counting Mich St). They had to win one of the last three games to get in the playoffs.

That's about right. The other factor that messed up the MVFC was how dominant NDSU was. When the #1 team goes 8-0 in the conference and everybody else beats themselves up so there are 4 teams tied at 5-3 for 2nd place, more weight gets placed on the OOC games and the last games of the season. YSU came up short in both areas. SIU with a 7-5 record was short a win and lost to YSU making it hard to pick them.

UNI might have been the best team we played all season but they finished in a tie for 7th in the conference with the Coyotes. Since they LOST to the Coyotes, some would argue that they were 8th in the conference. A 3-5 conference record and an overall 7-5 record probably took them off any radar the committee set up. How can you skip over 5 other teams that finished higher than them in the conference considering they actually lost to a bunch of them?

Of course, the MVFC deserved another team but the mix of wins and losses was the perfect storm. Who do you pick? I don't like it but I see why it happened.

heffray
11-27-2013, 09:56 PM
First round win and 2nd round close loss for the Jacks (SDSU), we don't need them stealing any recuits from us.

This is the best point I've heard for chearing against them...

...that, and they're from South Dakota.

jacksfan29
11-27-2013, 10:06 PM
What??? This is how they play us!!!! Watch the old games from SD this fall or BOTH games last year. The players try and put in a little "EXTRA" in every hit. watch the film, it doesn't lie.

Seriously? Let me pose a question dear little one. NDSU have been accused of taking players out against UNI, SIU and YSU. Now, anyone who has watched those games knows those accusations are bs. Do you really, and can you really point out a number of "cheep" (sp) plays SDSU has had against NDSU? Please oh wise one let us in on your little secret. Since your saying watch the film post some clips.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-27-2013, 11:57 PM

EWU in the championship game and it isn't even close.

Their fans need a huge helping of humble pie and a huge dose of reality.

For this weekend though, Go Jacks (SDSU that is).

17>1
11-28-2013, 01:30 AM
I'm pulling for SDSU all the way until a semifinal matchup with either EIU or EWU. Then I'd love to see EWU in the final. Prefer not to play the same team twice in a season.

heckler
11-28-2013, 01:56 AM
Sdsu can suck my left nut.

17>1
11-28-2013, 02:51 AM
Sdsu can suck my left nut.

So just to clarify, does that mean you want NAU to win? Or you just want SDSU to suck your left nut?

stevdock
11-29-2013, 08:50 PM
That's about right. The other factor that messed up the MVFC was how dominant NDSU was. When the #1 team goes 8-0 in the conference and everybody else beats themselves up so there are 4 teams tied at 5-3 for 2nd place, more weight gets placed on the OOC games and the last games of the season. YSU came up short in both areas. SIU with a 7-5 record was short a win and lost to YSU making it hard to pick them.

UNI might have been the best team we played all season but they finished in a tie for 7th in the conference with the Coyotes. Since they LOST to the Coyotes, some would argue that they were 8th in the conference. A 3-5 conference record and an overall 7-5 record probably took them off any radar the committee set up. How can you skip over 5 other teams that finished higher than them in the conference considering they actually lost to a bunch of them?

Of course, the MVFC deserved another team but the mix of wins and losses was the perfect storm. Who do you pick? I don't like it but I see why it happened.

You are absolutely right. Especially concerning UNI's lost to USD. If they just win that game, they are in the playoffs somewhere. UNI had great wins over an FBS school and absolutely destroying 6th seeded McNeese. Plus throw in good losses to us by a point and overtime losses to both SDSU and SIU. But you throw in an OT loss to USD and that's just too much.

As far as YSU goes, please go talk to some of these other teams that at least try to schedule good OOC games (us with MSU, SIU with EIU, SDSU with SELA and at least UND is in a power conference, and UNI with McNeese and Northern Colorado in a power conference.

G_Funky
11-29-2013, 09:17 PM
Go Lumberjacks...eff the Fudge Packrabbits

With that being said I dont like NAU will compete...

MN_BISON
11-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Sorry if this has been addressed already but I got a call from someone who doesn't get ESPN3 who wants to watch this game, anyone know of a pirate site that is showing the Jacks game or another way of getting it?

EndZoneQB
11-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Sorry if this has been addressed already but I got a call from someone who doesn't get ESPN3 who wants to watch this game, anyone know of a pirate site that is showing the Jacks game or another way of getting it?

Give them your login information?

BisonHorns
11-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Today is the day. after listening to some lunkheads heads saying big sky is the better division, I want the rabbits to destroy the lumberjacks.

TAILG8R
12-01-2013, 12:08 AM
I predict Zenner is going to run all over this NAU team. Already a huge hole and big run less than a minute in.

bri-dog
12-01-2013, 12:09 AM
Anyone else notice they said Sumner is from Brandon, North Dakota???

StL Bison Fan
12-01-2013, 12:11 AM
Anyone else notice they said Sumner is from Brandon, North Dakota???

Yes........