PDA

View Full Version : KFAN- Pro Bison!!

lakesbison
10-12-2006, 02:00 AM
I was on KFAN tonight, with Barriero... over 3 phone calls talkin about how 20,000 Bison fans will be at the Metrodome!

Barreiro loved it.. (he HATES mason!!) (said nothing would better than seeing more NDSU fans than Gopher fans!!!)

talk about how KFAN will be getting swamped with phone calls in the next week for the big game.

Common Man 12pm-2pm always talks about this fball game and how NDSU will win.

Paul Allen (PA) is a HUGE fan of Tim Miles and lives next to Tim's H.S buddy...

KFAN is pro bison.. everyone should be calling in pumpin up the NDSU GAME!!

651 989 1130 * 800 320 5326 <<< phone #'s

if you hear NDSU talk.. post it here!! thanks!!

Mr_Meanor
10-12-2006, 02:05 AM
I don't know if I would go as far as saying they are pro bison...most of the time when they are talking about NDSU beating the gophs is to take cheap shots at the U. Dan even didn't know NDSU was in Fargo...he thought it was in Bismarck.

lakesbison
10-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Im saying.. they would love to see NDSU beat the Gophs to get rid of Mason.. and PA talked about beating Monson the same way we beat Wisconsin.

great exposure!

Gothmog
10-12-2006, 06:32 PM
I don't know if I would go as far as saying they are pro bison...most of the time when they are talking about NDSU beating the gophs is to take cheap shots at the U. *Dan even didn't know NDSU was in Fargo...he thought it was in Bismarck.

That's just a running Common Man gag. For years he'd talk about Bob Dylan being from Bemidji just to see if he could get some rube caller to correct him.

lakesbison
10-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Common Man & Dan B.... at 1:30.. talkin about BISON beating MINNESOTA again..

how bison fans could create a delay of game penalty vs minnesota with 20,000 fans.. .and like IOWA FANS take the goal posts out.... but we would be smarter than them to get it through the revolving doors cuz NDSU is an engineering school

Mr_Meanor
10-12-2006, 08:18 PM
I don't know if I would go as far as saying they are pro bison...most of the time when they are talking about NDSU beating the gophs is to take cheap shots at the U. *Dan even didn't know NDSU was in Fargo...he thought it was in Bismarck.

That's just a running Common Man gag. For years he'd talk about Bob Dylan being from Bemidji just to see if he could get some rube caller to correct him.

Actually it was Dan Barreiro who didn't know where NDSU was not Common Man

bisononce
10-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Common and Dan talking about a trophy between NDSU and Minnesota ala Paul Bunyan's axe, such as a taxidermied hybrid .... a gophallo. Also, fearing Mason going to stay for another 20 years in attempt to get the Gophers to more third or fourth level bowls or even to third place in the Big 10.

Shawn-O
10-12-2006, 09:48 PM
If the Gophers lose to Wisconsin and NDSU comes into this game undefeated, the KFAN boys will go berzerk. It will be fun radio.

bisonaudit
10-13-2006, 12:28 AM
It's only a matter of time before Bump makes up a Gerbschmidt like Bison Rube from Casselton.

jzillmer
10-13-2006, 03:23 AM
It's only a matter of time before Bump makes up a Gerbschmidt like Bison Rube from Casselton.

Why would he need to make one up? I'm sure one of us would be more than willing to do it for real. I know I could probably be talked into it.

"The Gophers are teewwwible. Our defense can't be scored on, all we need to do is rush 10 and drop Joe May, and Joe Mays will cover eeeevvvveryybooody." ;D

Sticks
10-13-2006, 02:35 PM

Why would he need to make one up? I'm sure one of us would be more than willing to do it for real. I know I could probably be talked into it.

"The Gophers are teewwwible. Our defense can't be scored on, all we need to do is rush 10 and drop Joe May, and Joe Mays will cover eeeevvvveryybooody." *;D

This guy?
http://static.flickr.com/19/114280212_df25e2d567_m.jpg

Gothmog
10-13-2006, 07:51 PM

Actually it was Dan Barreiro who didn't know where NDSU was not Common Man

OK, a running KFAN gag.

mn-bison
10-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Mike Morris and the Power Trip Morning show are big time Gopher football rubes. They have mentioned the Bison a couple of times in the first ten minutes of today's show. They will not however discuss the potential ramnifications of a Bison win though...

This is going to be a great week...

westsidebison
10-16-2006, 12:14 PM
can't wait to listen to all the shows today! unfortunatly im out of town for the rest of the week, and the only show i can listen to regularly is barrero

suherdscribe
10-16-2006, 12:39 PM
just read Hartman's Monday column...he predicts 40-0 Gopher win and UofM going 4-1 in the final 5 games to make it to a bowl at 6-6 again. hartman should be wearing a cheeleader outfit. the gophers need to concentrate on the Bison and not look past NDSU to Ohio State next week.

lakesbison
10-16-2006, 02:31 PM
NDSUguy (whoever that is) was on with Mike Morris and was really talking up NDSU and telling them NDSU will compete..

Watch for Common Man & Barerrio today.... Barerrio will have a long diatribe about how bad MINNESOTA SUCKS!!

RedRiver
10-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Some guy just called in and said the Gophers will destroy, destroy the Bison.

lakesbison
10-16-2006, 04:06 PM
LOTS of NDSU talk 9:30-11:30 on PA/Dubay!

Chip scoggins beat writer for gophers says, "at beginning of year I laughed at this game, now Im thinking 2 touchdowns or less, put it this way, if NDSU gets off to a fast start and puts doubts in the gophers minds, its gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG day"

my oh my!!!! lets start with a trick play or 5!!!

p.s- I heard 5 phone calls about NDSU this morning already

KFGO- NOT A FREAKIN MENTION !!

WDAY- Scott Hennen - I called in they said "we will be exclusive politics today" I said... GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

virgfoss
10-16-2006, 04:08 PM
If you wanted to talk about UND's win over Quinnipiacaciacica in hockey Hennen would have put you on. Guaranteed. He's the guy that needs to be let go from Forum Comm., not McFeely.

BisonBacker
10-16-2006, 05:32 PM
LOTS of NDSU talk 9:30-11:30 on PA/Dubay!

Chip scoggins beat writer for gophers says, "at beginning of year I laughed at this game, now Im thinking 2 touchdowns or less, put it this way, if NDSU gets off to a fast start and puts doubts in the gophers minds, its gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG day"

my oh my!!!! *lets start with a trick play or 5!!!

p.s- I heard 5 phone calls about NDSU this morning already

KFGO- NOT A FREAKIN MENTION !!

WDAY- Scott Hennen - I called in they said "we will be exclusive politics today" *I said... GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

Hennen's a und idiot.

central_mn
10-16-2006, 06:20 PM
This morning on KFAN, they were wondering if NDSU was still called The Sioux????

tcbison
10-16-2006, 06:44 PM
This morning on KFAN, they were wondering if NDSU was still called The Sioux????

To me the morning show on KFAN is worthless.

mn-bison
10-16-2006, 07:22 PM
I too have given up on the morning show... I normally tune in @ 9 for the PA and Dubay show & then if I can stomach common, listen to him...

lakesbison
10-16-2006, 07:47 PM
They corrected him on morning show when he said SIOUX.

REMEMBER GUYS.. they love to make fun of everything and joke with everything.

Common man said "Does NDSU play 9-man?? and will the gopher's be able to play only 9, or being hometeam they can dictate how many players to use"

ha ha

then a caller from NDSU said "Iowa fans couldn't get the goal posts out... but here at NDSU we are an engineering school, we'll get them out!!"

mikelsch
10-16-2006, 08:12 PM

To me the morning show on KFAN is worthless.

Agreed --- Mike Morris and his band of clowns are meat heads that know about the Vikes and not much else. PA/Dubay, Common Man, Chad Hartman, and Barrero are much better.

Bisonguy
10-16-2006, 09:43 PM
LOL- Bison Fun Facts on KFAN right now!!!

No_Skill
10-16-2006, 10:38 PM
On the Barreiro Show it is "Bison Week" this week. High-larious.

It's funny, of course there is a ton of sarcasm, but he also sounds genuine at times.

lakesbison
10-17-2006, 01:13 AM
Fargo Flash (justin conzemuis)..... his old man from Breckenridge was a standout at NDSU.... and Mike Hasbargen,etc etc

Justin does a show on morning show every week, but I forget which day, does anyone know!!

Shawn-O
10-17-2006, 01:15 AM
Fargo Flash (justin conzemuis)..... his old man from Breckenridge was a standout at NDSU.... and Mike Hasbargen,etc etc

Justin does a show on morning show every week, but I forget which day, does anyone know!!

It's Thursday mornings, around 7:30.

sambini
10-17-2006, 03:47 AM
JUSTINS DAD MIKE IS MY STATE FARM AGENT IN FARGO. FORMER BISON PLAYER AND IS A TEAMMAKER.+++++++++++

Gully
10-17-2006, 10:53 AM
I listen to Justin every Thursday on KFAN on the way to work, it's a good segment. This week should be better.

mn-bison
10-17-2006, 01:28 PM
More talk on the Bison - Gophers with Mark Rosen today on the morning show. Talked about a couple of articles in the St. Paul Pioneer Press also...

NDSU_grad
10-17-2006, 01:32 PM
I was able to listen to just about a 1/2 hour of KFAN yesterday (I think it was Berriero). He was poking a little fun at the Bison without being pretentious about it. It was more putting down the Gophs than anything. He made a pretty funny reference about the new football office complex.

Trimmy
10-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Berriero was great last night. I like the guy who called in from Andover and told him how to pronounce Bison. Also, informed he could call them the "Thundering Herd" which he said is very intimidating to opponents. Plus, told him the name of the mascot. Dan had a good chuckle over all that. Then, Berriero said there are rumors going around the cities that Gopher fans are going to where Green and Gold to help the Bison so Mason can get fired. Hilarious!!

99Bison
10-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Someone needs to call in now! Explain why the bison can win seriously.

99Bison
10-17-2006, 03:34 PM
651-989-1130

mn-bison
10-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Dubay is giving a couple of radio segments to the Bison fans. The co-host today is going to where green and gold to help cheer on the Bison. He wanted Mark Rosen to be the grand marshal for the Fire Mason parade. Great listening!!!

Shawn-O
10-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Berriero was great last night. *I like the guy who called in from Andover and told him how to pronounce Bison. *Also, informed he could call them the "Thundering Herd" which he said is very intimidating to opponents. *Plus, told him the name of the mascot. *Dan had a good chuckle over all that. *Then, Berriero said there are rumors going around the cities that Gopher fans are going to where Green and Gold to help the Bison so Mason can get fired. *Hilarious!!

There are quite a few Gopher fans here that actually feel that way. Lose to NDSU, go 0-8 in the Big Ten, and Maturi will be forced to cut Glen a check and move on.

Sticks
10-17-2006, 03:58 PM

Why don't you do it?

lakesbison
10-17-2006, 04:07 PM
THIS IS AMAZING!!

all the CALLS into KFAN about NDSU!!

GREAT GREAT exposure!!!! hell yea!!! keep it up!

99Bison
10-17-2006, 04:15 PM

Why don't you do it?

I really wanted too... Working, actually figured I should get something done if possiblet this week :-/

lakesbison
10-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Im counting...

Since KFAN's sunday sermon. NDSU has been on KFAN's talker list 75% of the time.

Sunday monday tuesday

Dan's Rant morris- 1 hour morris/Rosen 1 hr
2 hours Pa/Dubay- 30 min Dubay 3 hours SOLID
Common 2 hours
Hartman/chip scoggins 30 min
Dans fun facts 2.5 hours

Ill keep this updated.. Great Calls boys!! jarrod essler called in, right???

A few "sioux suck" references, then Dubay said "they are just hockey, and NDSU moved on from them" <<<< TRUE TRUE..... moving on....

LOOK AT THIS EXPOSURE!!!!! DIVISION 1 ROCKS!!

tcbison
10-17-2006, 04:59 PM
I got to listen to a couple of calls. One was a Sioux fan, and guess what, he changed the subject to hockey! Isn't that always the case. NDSU gets some attention and the Sioux fans change the topic to hockey.

lakesbison
10-17-2006, 05:06 PM
COMMON MAN is playing the FINAL COUNTDOWN for the BISON!! ha ha

its freakin TUESDAY!.. wait until friday for the phone calls and fun!!

virgfoss
10-17-2006, 05:41 PM
I got to listen to a couple of calls. One was a Sioux fan, and guess what, he changed the subject to hockey! Isn't that always the case. NDSU gets some attention and the Sioux fans change the topic to hockey.

Of course they change it to hockey because no one else on earth cares too switch the topic to hockey.

TheBisonator
10-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Hockey is all they have to hold on to... :-/

99Bison
10-17-2006, 08:14 PM
This exposure all around is amazingly great... Even on this NDSU message board there are Iowa and MN fans having "discussions" pretty much unrelated to this game... hehe

Jeffdaryl3rd
10-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Speaking of Iowa, let's get Northern Iowa on the schedule. It's a game that makes too much sense not to happen. Anyhow, all the exposure NDSU is getting in the Twin Cities area in the build-up to this game can't be a bad thing when it comes to recruiting in the area, whether they win or lose this game.

Trimmy
10-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Berriero also said last night that Mason kept some guys out of the Wisconsin game because he knew he had to beat NDSU! True or not, I don't know, I'm sure Mason would never admit it if it were true. It's funny to imagine. This game is taking on a whole crazy life of its own. And just think, we get to do it again next year.

Jeffdaryl3rd
10-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Berriero also said last night that Mason kept some guys out of the Wisconsin game because he knew he had to beat NDSU! *True or not, I don't know, I'm sure Mason would never admit it if it were true. *It's funny to imagine. *This game is taking on a whole crazy life of its own. *And just think, we get to do it again next year.
I'm the first person who thinks Glen Mason should get canned in favor of just about anyone else, but even I think that Mason wouldn't resort to something that desperate. You have to remember, that however slim the odds of Minnesota beating Wisconsin were, a win in Camp Randall would have completely salvaged their season so I expect Mason would put everyone at his disposal on the field for that one rather than save them for SU. I agree though, this game is getting ridiculous and I love it.

Shawn-O
10-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Conzemius segment with Morris coming up.

Gully
10-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Morris says we're better than Ball State and Kent State......I think we knew that though.

Gully
10-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Conzemius says a Bison win would be huge for recruiting.

UofM is banged up. DBs, LBs, and OL hurt.

Conzemius thinks they'll get us with the play action pass......I'm worried about Spaeth.

Conzemius says they win by 2-4 touchdowns.

scottheck
10-19-2006, 02:22 PM
[quote author=Gully link=1160618442/45#52 date=1161261442]

Conzemius thinks they'll get us with the play action pass......I'm worried about Spaeth.quote]

...and Payne. They overmatch our DBs.

lakesbison
10-19-2006, 02:49 PM
TRIM... that was a barriero "sarcasm" shot at glen mason.

he didnt hold out starters, I was at the game.

Gophers are banged up BIG TIME!! RIPE for the upset!

WE GOTTTA DO THIS!!

p.s- MORE bison talk on Pa/Dubay and Common Man today!!

ON FRIDAY, LETS TRY AND GET EVERYONE TO CALL IN!! AND PUMP IT UP!!

WYOMING BISON-- Great Call in yesterday!! and Jarrod Essler!! and Fire Denny Guy!!

broke_back_mnt
10-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Hockey is all they have to hold on to... :-/

Well, they have the name too! ;D ;D ;D

KFAN likes NDSU, no doubt.

WYOBISONMAN
10-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Time for some others to call in to the Common Man........let the Cities FEEL THE THUNDER!

Mr_Meanor
10-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Someone should call in with AC/DC thunder struck playing in the background ;D

lakesbison
10-20-2006, 05:08 PM
common!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is on

call in!!!!!!!

pa/dubay took calls bout ndsu!!!!!!!

WYOBISONMAN
10-20-2006, 05:08 PM
common!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is on

call in!!!!!!!

pa/dubay took calls bout ndsu!!!!!!!

GET ON THE DAMN PHONE LAKES!!!!!!!

lakesbison
10-20-2006, 05:44 PM
DONE WYO.. u were on earlier this week. good job

bisononce
10-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Anybody got a problem with the KFAN jocks making unqualified predictions? As in "haven't seen 'em play, don't know who they've played, can't name a single member of their team" yet can predict an EXACT score/ outcome!! They could at least do a couple keystrokes and look at the Bison site predating all this "Thundering Herd" discussion. Maybe they could do a little program prep based on football, rather than on school lunch versus recess, gay ads on city buses or stubborn Muslim cab drivers... * ::)

No_Skill
10-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Anybody got a problem with the KFAN jocks making unqualified predictions? As in "haven't seen 'em play, don't know who they've played, can't name a single member of their team" yet can predict an EXACT score/ outcome!! They could at least do a couple keystrokes and look at the Bison site predating all this "Thundering Herd" discussion. Maybe they could do a little program prep based on football, rather than on school lunch versus recess, gay ads on city buses or stubborn Muslim cab drivers... * ::)

You took the words right out of my mouth. Who's prdictions do you think will be more accurate? Someone who only see's a Big Ten vs. I-AA game and knows nothing about the Bison, or someone who has watched both teams intently?

BisonMav
10-21-2006, 02:59 PM
Most of the predictions coming out of Minnesota are based on IA vs I-AA.

bisononce
10-21-2006, 03:46 PM
At 10:45 AM before the big game it is INTENSE fantasy football talk!!! *>:(

No_Skill
10-21-2006, 04:04 PM
In Bismarck on KFAN the local "sports" show is talking about high school football playoffs and UND hockey getting pounded by Maine. Lame.

Shawn-O
10-22-2006, 02:26 PM
Barreiro going into great depth about the game on Sunday Sermon right now.

NoDakSt
10-22-2006, 02:34 PM
Bohl had to be disappointed. This is the second time this season that his team has exhibited its tendency to play down to the mediocre level of its competition. It did so at Ball State on Sept. 23, but managed to come away with a 29-24 victory. It did so again on Saturday and it cost the Bison.

From Bump's Blog.

lakesbison
10-23-2006, 08:17 PM
KFAN, 4:30 today.. BARRIERRO will be NDSU HUGE!

PA/DUBAY talker tuesday, will try and get TIM MILES ON!

DIBISON
10-23-2006, 08:29 PM
KFAN, 4:30 today.. BARRIERRO will be NDSU HUGE!

PA/DUBAY talker tuesday, will try and get TIM MILES ON!

CH is talking about the Bison right now. Said the Bison should have won the game by double digits if they wouldn't have gotten in their own way. Also, that is was good to be playing the Bison again next year at the Metrodome, because Fargo would have a 5 to 1 ratio of fans at the game. Thought it would be good for the Gophers to play the Bison in the opening game of the new stadium.

Scooter
10-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Chad Hartman show was pretty good, he took a couple of calls and got o few Bison fans. *I agreed with most everything that was said by the Bison fans with the exception of one glaring thing.... one of the callers started comparing our defense to the defense to the U of Michigan and started throwing out comparative scores. ::) ::) ::) ::)

I'm a huge Bison fan....we have a very good defense....but to compare them in any way to Michigan is just silly.

Last saturday we played a Gopher team that played EXACTLY like I thought they would. *The gophers are a team that will jump on a team that they know they can beat, but will quit as soon as you punch them in the mouth. *This is a typical Glen Mason team. *

broke_back_mnt
10-23-2006, 09:27 PM
That sounds right. *2 big Gopher fans at work and both thought the failure of the Gophers to score a TD early hurt them. *If they had scored early they might have put it away early. *I agreed, but to score early they have to rise above the competion. *I dont think the Gophers could do that and thats the big reason in my mind they didnt roll.

99Bison
10-24-2006, 12:58 AM
Thought it would be good for the Gophers to play the Bison in the opening game of the new stadium.

That would be a great idea... for the region's football interest... However, not sure it's the best idea for the gophers.

NDSUstudent
10-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Dan Barrierro's interview with Coach Bohl from Sunday is archived over at KFAN.com if anybody wants to listen to it.