PDA

View Full Version : Marcus collins chooses ndsu!!!!

SamsRams
11-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Just got word from Marcus he verballed to NDSU today Unbelievable!!!

http://bisonation.info/athlete-marcus-collins-madison-wi-offer/

MAKBison
11-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Great news!

just got word from marcus he verballed to ndsu today! Unbelievable!!!

NDSUstudent
11-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Just got word from Marcus he verballed to NDSU today! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Wow!!! This is a bigtime get for the Bison!

Vitojr130
11-17-2013, 07:53 PM
whoa this is pretty big!

Bison-Knuckle
11-17-2013, 07:53 PM
Wow...congrats Marcus! Welcome to the family.....thanks for all the good info SAMs

MAKBison
11-17-2013, 07:54 PM
I thought he verbaled to Pitt? WHat happened to that? Huge for us and huge for him---communing to win NCs

td577
11-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Nice

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Kermit
11-17-2013, 07:56 PM
What a roll this program is on. Winning titles, unreal exposure, and great recruiting. Wow!

SamsRams
11-17-2013, 07:57 PM
I thought he verbaled to Pitt? WHat happened to that? Huge for us and huge for him---communing to win NCs

He did, but changed his mind. He took an official to NDSU in October after he took back his verbal. Plans to play TE........wow talk about some offensive weapons in this class!! here I was searching the depths of hudl and social media looking for who had to be the TE with an offer and he was right under my nose the whole time!

Herd890
11-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Welcome Marcus. Great coverage Sams!!!

reformedUNDfan
11-17-2013, 07:59 PM
poor pitt, losing recruits to NDSU two years in a row.

MAKBison
11-17-2013, 08:01 PM
who was the other

SamsRams
11-17-2013, 08:02 PM
who was the other

http://bisonation.info/dl-nick-jacobsen-prescott-wi/

MAKBison
11-17-2013, 08:04 PM
love it...hits and eyes!

NDSUstudent
11-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Solid article on Marcus from Madison.com

http://host.madison.com/sports/high-school/football/prep-football-preview-madison-la-follette-s-marcus-collins-a/article_10627bd2-a93c-5f85-ae5c-f1188f843583.html

SamsRams
11-17-2013, 08:14 PM
Solid article on Marcus from Madison.com

http://host.madison.com/sports/high-school/football/prep-football-preview-madison-la-follette-s-marcus-collins-a/article_10627bd2-a93c-5f85-ae5c-f1188f843583.html

love it and thanks. Lots of stuff operating the website, I dont get the time I would like to find articles like this. Love that you guys can find them, and then I can add to his page. great teamwork everyone!!! This kid really excites me!!

Mr. Burgundy
11-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Is this real life? My goodness!!! Love this program. Great coverage Sams!!!

Jay
11-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Absolutely love this tweet:

@MCtheDream10: At the end of the day, I want to WIN.

https://twitter.com/mcthedream10/status/402184131229913088

SamsRams
11-17-2013, 08:29 PM
If you guys are on twitter, its nice if you could at least favorite the tweets where I mention the athletes handle. Shows the NDSU support, even if its in a small way

reformedUNDfan
11-17-2013, 08:37 PM
https://twitter.com/Alec_kocour2/status/402177759255859201

another NDSU offeree

Herd890
11-17-2013, 08:49 PM
Absolutely love this tweet:

@MCtheDream10: At the end of the day, I want to WIN.

https://twitter.com/mcthedream10/status/402184131229913088

It is awesome to see kids committing to us over bigger schools because they want have a passion for winning. So excited!! Let's go get Kocour, Ferch and Vega next!!!!!

Tony Almeida
11-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about it!!

I do hope we take a serious look at him playing the safety spot as well, sounds like a beast on defense...I could see a Collins and Board duo someday.

We could use a safety more than a TE not?

devin45k
11-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Holy! This is awesome!

A1pigskin
11-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Good size. Awesome!

HoopsBison
11-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Any idea what pos he was recruited for?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

HerdBot
11-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Wow 10 D1 offers, 5 FBS! We just re-load! Welcome aboard!

JustinTyem
11-17-2013, 09:56 PM
The State of Wisconsin is LOADED !!!!!

BisonTeacher
11-17-2013, 09:58 PM
The State of Wisconsin is LOADED !!!!!

:rofl:.....not sure if you meant the pun...but this made me laugh.

Hammerhead
11-17-2013, 09:59 PM
NDSU > Pitt.

gumby013
11-17-2013, 10:04 PM
NDSU > Pitt.

Someone let Mark May know.

devin45k
11-17-2013, 10:11 PM
NDSU > Pitt.

It has always been that way in my head

westnodak93bison
11-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Someone let Mark May know.

Lmao, 2nd recruit

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

EndZoneQB
11-17-2013, 10:23 PM
https://twitter.com/Alec_kocour2/status/402177759255859201

another NDSU offeree

If you go to Collins' page, you can see Easton Stick also welcomed him. LOVE to see that early brotherhood being built...that's what teams are made of...

A1pigskin
11-17-2013, 10:39 PM
Relationship building going on already. Good to see.

reformedUNDfan
11-17-2013, 11:56 PM

I do hope we take a serious look at him playing the safety spot as well, sounds like a beast on defense...I could see a Collins and Board duo someday.

I think we need to good TE's more. Lots of good secondary talent out there.

Mr. Burgundy
11-18-2013, 12:32 AM
Athlete at tight end? Yes please!!!!

MankatoBison
11-18-2013, 12:34 AM
Athlete at tight end? Yes please!!!!

Seriously! We got some bulldozers out there right now and they're plowin linemen back into the secondary on the daily haha. Wonder how we'd utilize him at TE... passing threat or another ram up front?

Bisonator98
11-18-2013, 12:36 AM

He's almost too big for safety. Should be an awesome TE though! Maybe see the Stick to Collins for a TD combo in a couple years!

Kermit
11-18-2013, 12:41 AM
Seriously! We got some bulldozers out there right now and they're plowin linemen back into the secondary on the daily haha. Wonder how we'd utilize him at TE... passing threat or another ram up front?

I'm certain the coaches would love to have an ATHLETE like this to play some TE. We haven't had one since Veldman. That is a not a knock on our recent tight ends (they do some things better than Veldman). There is a place for a big receiver who can play a big role in the passing game. I have heard some encouraging comments about Jeff Illies this fall--I am anxious to see how he is developing.

Tony Almeida
11-18-2013, 02:35 AM

I think we need to good TE's more. Lots of good secondary talent out there.

I guess I was just thinking of our future roster and I think we will have 5 TE's next year (with one still on the table for '14 according to Bisonation) and that's not counting Marcus Collins...

He's almost too big for safety. Should be an awesome TE though! Maybe see the Stick to Collins for a TD combo in a couple years!
Yes he is tall but only weighs 205...he will need to gain 40 lbs to fit into our system for TE's...and not to mention he breaks people in half on defense...

Either way I'm pumped for this recruiting class!!!

Kermit
11-18-2013, 02:52 AM
We played 4-5 TEs in many games last year. Collins would be a different type of TE though. I don't think he is being recruited to be the next Kevin Vaadeland. He would likely be used in a fundamentally different role. Think TE/WR hybrid.

ndsubison1
11-18-2013, 04:16 AM
We played 4-5 TEs in many games last year. Collins would be a different type of TE though. I don't think he is being recruited to be the next Kevin Vaadeland. He would likely be used in a fundamentally different role. Think TE/WR hybrid.

charles clay!

DjKyRo
11-18-2013, 05:20 AM
charles clay!

Jimmy Graham, Tim Wright...

SamsRams
11-18-2013, 05:49 AM
Jimmy Graham, Tim Wright...

Exactly right, I knew when they offered Mayfield they wanted an explosive TE in this class. Mayfield is more explosive in my eyes, but he doesnt go up and get it like Collins and the ceiling isnt as high as Collins.

I agree with he poster who said there are a bunch of safeties within range of NDSU that have offers and some really good ones just waiting for that first offer. TE is the perfect spot for him!!

The reason we didnt talk much about Collins was I dont think many of us thought NDSU was the lead dog. He verballed to Pitt early (changed his mind shortly after) and little was reported after that. I broke the news to Badgers Rivals guy and he said "What happened to Pitt" so even he didnt know Collins hadnt fully verballed to Pitt.

HerdBot
11-18-2013, 05:50 AM
Sagarin ratings
Ndsu 24
Pitt 54

MAKBison
11-18-2013, 05:54 AM
I thought we recruited an explosive TE last year as well...maybe it was a TE projected to receiver??? ND kid I think?

Exactly right, I knew when they offered Mayfield they wanted an explosive TE in this class. Mayfield is more explosive in my eyes, but he doesnt go up and get it like Collins and the ceiling isnt as high as Collins.

I agree with he poster who said there are a bunch of safeties within range of NDSU that have offers and some really good ones just waiting for that first offer. TE is the perfect spot for him!!

The reason we didnt talk much about Collins was I dont think many of us thought NDSU was the lead dog. He verballed to Pitt early (changed his mind shortly after) and little was reported after that. I broke the news to Badgers Rivals guy and he said "What happened to Pitt" so even he didnt know Collins hadnt fully verballed to Pitt.

SamsRams
11-18-2013, 06:22 AM
I thought we recruited an explosive TE last year as well...maybe it was a TE projected to receiver??? ND kid I think?

Jeff Illies

HerdBot
11-18-2013, 06:38 AM

Absolutely. Kids speed is probably too slow for a wide out but exceptional for a TE. He can jump too so would likely be a great red zone guy. Similar to Illies

Went to camp and the Gopbers tried him out at receiver but didn't offer. Pitt wanted him as a linebacker. TE seems to be perfect assuming he can bulk up

Probably too fall for safety.

mnriverbison
11-18-2013, 01:52 PM
Holy smokes-great get for Bohl and Co. Aside from the Pitt and Service Academy offers (always a good sign IMO) look at the dude's GPA and ACT (as stated on his Rivals page). This kid is first class all around. God Damn.

WYOBISONMAN
11-18-2013, 03:14 PM
The value of Craig Bohl, National Championships, and the domination of FCS is paying HUGE dividends. NDSU is a total machine.

BisonNeil
11-18-2013, 03:52 PM
The value of Craig Bohl, National Championships, and the domination of FCS is paying HUGE dividends. NDSU is a total machine.

My guess is the fans at Appy State said the same thing about Jerry Moore after they 3-peated. Assuming NDSU does, and there are five games yet to play before we will know, I will say what I always say about recruiting classes. Let's wait to see how these young men perform on the field.

Lot's of people already have Stick as Jensen's replacement. We all think every class Bohl signs is going to be the best ever. But, I prefer to see how many see the field as RSo and how many are retained over the first 2-3 years, before I can confidently say a class is a thumbs up or down.

Don't make me pull down he recruiting threads for the 2011 and 2012 class :D

Mr. Burgundy
11-18-2013, 04:00 PM
My guess is the fans at Appy State said the same thing about Jerry Moore after they 3-peated. Assuming NDSU does, and there are five games yet to play before we will know, I will say what I always say about recruiting classes. Let's wait to see how these young men perform on the field.

Lot's of people already have Stick as Jensen's replacement. We all think every class Bohl signs is going to be the best ever. But, I prefer to see how many see the field as RSo and how many are retained over the first 2-3 years, before I can confidently say a class is a thumbs up or down.

I know you love to be the "I told you so guy" and you save your signing day papers, and you loved the CAA, etc.....but nobody...and I mean NOBODY is saying Stick is the replacement for Brock. Stick will come in and redshirt and eventually compete. He is as high profile a QB as we have brought in, and has some amazing talents, but don't overstate things to prove a point. This class (on paper) is winning more battles and getting higher profile talent than prior years. There is no question our exposure (Gameday, National Titles, ESPN) is winning on the recruiting trail. I am agreeing with you, Hakeem Bourne McFarlane was going to be the next great WR according to me....and that didn't play out, but a great recruiting class is about 55% (I am stealing that # from when I heard Tom Osborne speak live one time). That means he was hoping that 55% of his class would end up eventually contributing. It is hit and miss, and we will hit and miss. I think alot of our "Misses" now are because people may leave to play more at a different location based on a depth chart. Anyway, great talk and this thread is about us signing a great kid!

SamsRams
11-20-2013, 11:04 PM
Had a chance to chat with Marcus last night. Some really interesting and impressive answers from him

http://bisonation.info/marcus-collins-interview/

tolnabison
11-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Had a chance to chat with Marcus last night. Some really interesting and impressive answers from him

If I read that article right, Collins is an early enrollee. So his scholarship will count towards last years class if I am not mistaken? Which means he will count towards last years class for scholarships, so we should still have a scholarship open that he would of had in this years class. Correct me if I am wrong?

westnodak93bison
11-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Can he participate in spring ball?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

tolnabison
11-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Yes he can. Pretty good chance he won't redshirt either with the extra semester he will have in school, weight program, and spring ball practices.

NDSUstudent
11-20-2013, 11:53 PM

Nice works Sams, great info as always.

SamsRams
11-20-2013, 11:58 PM
Nice works Sams, great info as always.

Have reached out to the other recruits asking if they would be able to do the same type of thing and many have already said they would. If you guys have any questions you would like me to ask private message me

ndsubison1
11-21-2013, 12:10 AM
If I read that article right, Collins is an early enrollee. So his scholarship will count towards last years class if I am not mistaken? Which means he will count towards last years class for scholarships, so we should still have a scholarship open that he would of had in this years class. Correct me if I am wrong?

nice. i was wondering if ndsu would ever get a spring enrollee like the big schools. big advantage for him

17>1
11-21-2013, 12:16 AM

Sounds like a really sharp kid. Thanks!!

BisoninNWMN
11-21-2013, 12:32 AM

Really?

He is going to have a hard time unseating Wentz. IMO....no way!

SamsRams
11-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Really?

He is going to have a hard time unseating Wentz. IMO....no way!

He will have his hands full with Davis after Wentz graduates IMO

Bison"FANatic"
11-21-2013, 01:07 AM
Yep iron will sharpen iron

T-Funk
11-21-2013, 02:00 AM
Can someone explain the spring enrollee thing? First I've heard of this. How are they able to enroll before graduating high school?

tony
11-21-2013, 02:05 AM
Can someone explain the spring enrollee thing? First I've heard of this. How are they able to enroll before graduating high school?

They graduate from HS early.

Not sure how that works - I suppose if you have enough credits, you can forgo your final semester of HS? Dang, wish I could have done that.

southcliffbison
11-21-2013, 02:25 AM

Not sure how that works - I suppose if you have enough credits, you can forgo your final semester of HS? Dang, wish I could have done that.

You mean you would have been willing to give up all those track and field medals?

EndZoneQB
11-21-2013, 02:26 AM

I had enough credits at the end of my JR year to graduate. Senior year was pretty much only for social reasons for me...have zero regrets about it either. Woke up early for 3 years so I could enjoy my last year.

ndsubison1
11-21-2013, 02:35 AM
I had enough credits at the end of my JR year to graduate. Senior year was pretty much only for social reasons for me...have zero regrets about it either. Woke up early for 3 years so I could enjoy my last year.

moorhead. as my man cas would say: "nuff said!"

SamsRams
11-21-2013, 03:09 AM

It means he is really smart and graduated early.

Hammerhead
11-21-2013, 03:13 AM
A couple of kids in my class graduated from high school in 3 years. By the time I was a senior in 1986, all I had to do to meet the graduation requirements was pass a semester of phys. ed. and a year of English.

BisonNeil
11-21-2013, 02:49 PM

I agree. I misstated BVers thinking he could replace Wentz, several wondered what might happen to Davis or McGinnis with Stick on the roster. Personally, I think the competition for backup QB this spring and for starting QB in the spring of 2016 is going to be lights out and very competitive.

BisonNeil
11-21-2013, 02:50 PM

Very cool. Good stuff, thanks!

To my knowledge he might be he first spring enrollee as a recruit. Do you know of anyone else who enrolled early out of HS and participated in spring ball?

BisonFanMan10
11-22-2013, 02:58 AM

So whats the overall concensus? Do we like this kid as a potential TE or what?

ZHerd
11-22-2013, 03:26 AM
So whats the overall concensus? Do we like this kid as a potential TE or what?

We don't know, we're not coaches

HerdBot
11-22-2013, 03:26 AM
Great interview. Speaks with a lot of wisdom for being a young kid. Speaks to not only athletics at his high school but the culture overal. I like how he talked about mismatches as a TE. I think we found a good one. :)

Herd12
11-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Great interview. Speaks with a lot of wisdom for being a young kid. Speaks to not only athletics at his high school but the culture overal. I like how he talked about mismatches as a TE. I think we found a good one. :)

I love the kid's swag. Does one interview with Sams and basically says that he thinks TE is his best shot at the pros. Hasn't even stepped on a college practice field and he's thinking about the league. I know Veldman has spent time in the NFL, but I don't think he was really a "matchup nightmare" that teams gameplanned for. In fact I don't remember the last time we had a tight end that any one gameplanned for. Maybe Collins can be that guy.

Snowgoose
11-22-2013, 02:27 PM
I love the kid's swag. Does one interview with Sams and basically says that he thinks TE is his best shot at the pros. Hasn't even stepped on a college practice field and he's thinking about the league. I know Veldman has spent time in the NFL, but I don't think he was really a "matchup nightmare" that teams gameplanned for. In fact I don't remember the last time we had a tight end that any one gameplanned for. Maybe Collins can be that guy.

AJ Cooper was a darn good TE. We have had some good ones, but except for maybe a couple of years over the past 15 we have not done a great job of passing over the middle of the field to the TE. We have implemented more of that this year and while Perles was here we did a good job of that as well.

NDSUBowler
11-22-2013, 02:40 PM

Nice! He's a bowler.

NDSU def got a good one here!!!

EndZoneQB
11-22-2013, 02:49 PM

He wasn't? Were you watching the same Veldman I was?

BisonNation11
11-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Nice! He's a bowler.

NDSU def got a good one here!!!

Can't go wrong with a bowler!

Herd12
11-22-2013, 06:32 PM
He wasn't? Were you watching the same Veldman I was?

Yes I was. In his best season (senior year) he caught 26 balls for 333 yards and 3 TDs. If you're going to be 6'7" and an NFL level player, you should do more damage than that in the valley. His production, in my eyes, does not separate him distinctively from Wurzbacher before him or Vaadeland after.

EndZoneQB
11-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Yes I was. In his best season (senior year) he caught 26 balls for 333 yards and 3 TDs. If you're going to be 6'7" and an NFL level player, you should do more damage than that in the valley. His production, in my eyes, does not separate him distinctively from Wurzbacher before him or Vaadeland after.

He was completely underutilized...I'll give you that.

SamsRams
11-26-2013, 10:32 PM
http://instagram.com/p/hMhAQnNZwA/

SamsRams
01-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Will report to Fargo January 11th

tjbison
01-01-2014, 07:11 PM
Will report to Fargo January 11th

his tweet was good, glad he is totally on board

BYZEN
01-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Mike Shanahan is the new assistant OC Leslie Frasier is the new assistant DC....Brown is the. Recruiting Coordinator. They all want to be with a WINNER again.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

ZHerd
01-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Mike Shanahan is the new assistant OC Leslie Frasier is the new assistant DC....Brown is the. Recruiting Coordinator. They all want to be with a WINNER again.

Sad thing is that Shanahan has been so worthless since not having Elway and Terrell Davis that I wouldn't be excited by that if it were true.

The Lost Dutchman
01-01-2014, 08:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

BadlandsBison
01-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Sad thing is that Shanahan has been so worthless since not having Elway and Terrell Davis that I wouldn't be excited by that if it were true.

He coached Denver to an afc championship without Elway. One game away from the super bowl, just sayin'

Bisonator98
01-01-2014, 08:33 PM
From what I've seen and heard from Marcus, this kid is going to be one hell of a leader and captain in 4-5 years!

BisonNeil
01-01-2014, 08:38 PM

Jensen has not been a QB who throws to the TE a lot, that's just the way he is. In 2012 Vaadeland caught 18 balls, Nelson 5. This year Vaadeland caught 19 balls, Nelson 7, and Bonnet 13, although at least half of those he was lined up as an H back or in the FB position. In other words, in the past two years the sum total Jensen threw to the TEs about as much as he did Veldman. I am not sure anyone should blame him for not doing "more damage" in the MVFC. It could simply be the preference of the QB to throw to his WRs.

Based on spring games, I think the TEs will catch more balls from Wentz.

ZHerd
01-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Jensen has not been a QB who throws to the TE a lot, that's just the way he is. In 2012 Vaadeland caught 18 balls, Nelson 5. This year Vaadeland caught 19 balls, Nelson 7, and Bonnet 13, although at least half of those he was lined up as an H back or in the FB position. In other words, in the past two years the sum total Jensen threw to the TEs about as much as he did Veldman. I am not sure anyone should blame him for not doing "more damage" in the MVFC. It could simply be the preference of the QB to throw to his WRs.

Based on spring games, I think the TEs will catch more balls from Wentz.

Also, from a qb's perspective, who is a more dangerous playmaker? If our TE, Vraa and Smith are all open, then who is the more dangerous option? If Collins is as fast as billed he would probably get plenty of passes thrown his way.

KyleK
01-01-2014, 08:56 PM
From what I've seen and heard from Marcus, this kid is going to be one hell of a leader and captain in 4-5 years!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

BismarckBisonFan
01-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Having him at NDSU in a couple of weeks will help for recruiting the new class of student athletes.

BisonFanMan10
01-02-2014, 12:16 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/MCtheDream10/status/418130858952765440

You betcha! He's already talking about meeting hosting other on their officials!

KyleK
01-02-2014, 12:23 AM

You betcha! He's already talking about meeting hosting other on their officials!

Gotta love it! Great stuff by the young man.

td577
01-02-2014, 12:43 AM

I love this. Nothing like a peer saying let's do this together.

devin45k
01-02-2014, 01:43 AM
This kid has Bison written all over him

silkamilkamonico
01-02-2014, 01:47 AM
He coached Denver to an afc championship without Elway. One game away from the super bowl, just sayin'

Dude has 1 playoff win since 1998.

Back to Collins, I don't know much about him as a football player other than what's been posted, but just love the kids attitude.

Kermit
01-15-2014, 03:40 AM
Kolpack interviews Marcus Collins:
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/423663/group/homepage/

CalBison97
01-15-2014, 12:58 PM

How freaking awesome does this kid sound?! Like he was born to be a Bison!

Kujava23
01-15-2014, 01:03 PM

Very impressed with Marcus attitude, work ethic, and leadership. Can't wait to see him in a BISON UNIFORM.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
01-15-2014, 01:28 PM
I agree 100%, the leadership he is showing is awesome. I am very impressed, hope he keeps this up for his career if so WOW!

EC8CH
01-15-2014, 01:52 PM
Between him and Stick, it sounds like this freshman class is not only overflowing with talent, but also dedication and leadership.

ndsubison1
01-15-2014, 10:18 PM
Marcus seems like he will be able to handle the academic workload and winter conditioning/spring practice from the get go. seems like a level headed and mature kid for his age

DjKyRo
01-16-2014, 02:20 AM
This is awesome. Some high school kids whine about prom or other various high school stuff they want to stick around for, and Marcus is all "F*** that, I want to start practicing scoring touchdowns." He has earned himself consideration for the illustrious Bandwagon spot that is open for next season.

SamsRams
01-16-2014, 03:58 AM
he has earned himself consideration for the illustrious Bandwagon spot that is open for next season.

Dammit.....check neg rep

99Bison
01-16-2014, 05:22 AM
Ah, I think you mis interpreted what that means...

SamsRams
01-16-2014, 05:24 AM
I dont think I did..

thebootfitter
01-16-2014, 07:32 AM
I dont think I did..
Maybe I'm not meant to get it. But it feels like I'm missing something here. Anybody care to explain?

SamsRams
01-16-2014, 08:19 AM
Maybe I'm not meant to get it. But it feels like I'm missing something here. Anybody care to explain?

check Joe Horvath bio

17>1
01-16-2014, 01:49 PM
If I'm thinking along the same lines as John, players put on the "bandwagon" tend to fall off said bandwagon and not amount to much. His response seems similar to how one reacts when hearing the TV guy say so and so pitcher is two outs away from a no-hitter and the next pitch is a seeing eye base hit up the middle.

Bisonguy
01-16-2014, 02:04 PM
If I'm thinking along the same lines as Sams, players put on the "bandwagon" tend to fall off said bandwagon and not amount to much. His response seems similar to how one reacts when hearing the TV guy say so and so pitcher is two outs away from a no-hitter and the next pitch is a seeing eye base hit up the middle.

Still not as bad as the Lakes Curse.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Jay
01-16-2014, 02:09 PM

Pretty close though.

Herd
01-16-2014, 04:42 PM
check Joe Horvath bio

Whatever happened to Horvath? Academic issues?

BadlandsBison
01-16-2014, 05:35 PM
Whatever happened to Horvath? Academic issues?

Not exactly sure what happened by last I checked he is still an NDSU student. It would be a crazy story, but I have a feeling he will try to make the team again

NDSU_grad
01-16-2014, 06:01 PM

No kidding. I still feel bad for Mike Brower.

DjKyRo
01-16-2014, 08:26 PM
I dont think I did..

Some people clearly don't understand the legend of The Bandwagon.

Kermit
01-16-2014, 08:28 PM

Truth. May the Bandwagon RIP. <bows head>

DjKyRo
01-16-2014, 08:29 PM
Truth. May the Bandwagon RIP. <bows head>

RIP? Nonsense. We just need to find our next candidate.

17>1
01-16-2014, 08:51 PM
So I'm just going to go out on a limb here and hop right up on the UNI bandwagon. With everyone they're returning, health of the team improving, and the fact we have to play down there this year...it seems like a no brainier. /purple/

So let's see how this pans out.
Sorry for the drift.

Kermit
01-16-2014, 08:58 PM
So I'm just going to go out on a limb here and hop right up on the UNI bandwagon. With everyone they're returning, health of the team improving, and the fact we have to play down there this year...it seems like a no brainier. /purple/

So let's see how this pans out.
Sorry for the drift.

Somebody gets it. Lol.

HerdBot
01-16-2014, 09:35 PM
Not exactly sure what happened by last I checked he is still an NDSU student. It would be a crazy story, but I have a feeling he will try to make the team again

I heard un unconfirmed report that he came back last year and was kicked off right away. Not sure why though. Dude's huge now.

56BISON73
01-16-2014, 09:44 PM

You lost me also.

BisonNation11
01-16-2014, 09:55 PM
You lost me also.

Let's just say if Dj jumps on the bandwagon of your favorite player, you might as well consider it the Madden curse and find a new favorite player

56BISON73
01-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Let's just say if Dj jumps on the bandwagon of your favorite player, you might as well consider it the Madden curse and find a new favorite player

I will stay away from him in the future. Thanks for the explanation.

dgoergs
01-17-2014, 12:04 AM

Hmm...duly noted!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

tjamz
01-17-2014, 03:01 AM

Fire DJKyRo save college career!

17>1
01-17-2014, 03:09 AM

Note to self: Don't start a "(player name here) Fan Club" for fear that DJ may join and call it a bandwagon.

StL Bison Fan
01-17-2014, 03:36 AM
Perhaps we can give him the name of other teams players for his bandwagon...

17>1
01-17-2014, 03:38 AM
I heard un unconfirmed report that he came back last year and was kicked off right away. Not sure why though. Dude's huge now.

I concur. Saw him working out at Anytime this past fall. He's a big, strong, lean dude.

SamsRams
01-17-2014, 04:47 AM

I will call you crazy..........cause he is no longer in Fargo

Also may a detour a little and explain to anyone who found this thread and was excited to see 14+ pages of Marcus Collins talk only to find maybe 4 pages. This is just how BV works, a thread really doesnt mean anything unless it gets drifted into some obscure discussion. So take this a compliment to Marcus that we cared enough to not talk about him the last few pages.

#DRIFTAWAY

NDSUBowler
01-17-2014, 06:53 AM

Also may a detour a little and explain to anyone who found this thread and was excited to see 14+ pages of Marcus Collins talk only to find maybe 4 pages. This is just how BV works, a thread really doesnt mean anything unless it gets drifted into some obscure discussion. So take this a compliment to Marcus that we cared enough to not talk about him the last few pages.

#DRIFTAWAY
Maybe you should quit being a n00b and change it to 40 posts per page then!

56BISON73
01-17-2014, 07:00 AM

#DRIFTAWAY

Seriously??? How much can you talk about a kid that just got on campus?

SamsRams
01-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Seriously??? How much can you talk about a kid that just got on campus?

63 posts minimum I think is how a Mountain West team would treat this situation

tony
01-17-2014, 09:50 AM
Hahahahaha! For those of you just joining us, here are some tips: Bisonville threads are not wikipedia entries. Bisonville's message board is just a loosely-moderated place where people interested in NDSU athletics go to have conversations.

Picture yourself at a bar. You start having a conversation about Marcus Collins which leads to talking about recruiting in general and somebody says, "Hey, we're talking about Marcus Collins here! That's why this bar sucks - nobody stays on topic/there are inside jokes from regulars/etc." That's what happens when you forget you are in a metaphorically Bison-themed sports bar rather than a metaphorical Bison-themed library.

SamsRams
01-17-2014, 09:59 AM
Hahahahaha! For those of you just joining us, here are some tips: Bisonville threads are not wikipedia entries. Bisonville's message board is just a loosely-moderated place where people interested in NDSU athletics go to have conversations.

Picture yourself at a bar. You start having a conversation about Marcus Collins which leads to talking about recruiting in general and somebody says, "Hey, we're talking about Marcus Collins here! That's why this bar sucks - nobody stays on topic."

I'm just saying this now because the off-season is a trying time for some people and they get testy.

Can mods pleases move this response to a different thread. This tony character is a nuisance

tony
01-17-2014, 10:16 AM
Can mods pleases move this response to a different thread. This tony character is a nuisance

Hahaha, and then there's the inevitable off-topic post complaining about an off-topic post complaining about an off-topic post complaining about off-topic posts. It just never ends. And, dang it, who are you to be up so early that you reply to my post before I can edit it to its final form?

Dang kids. I'm going to have to move back to Europe.

But since I haven't contributed to this thread: I wonder if the fact that the coaching staff wants Marcus Collins at TE signals a slight shift in the offense and/or recruiting philosophy. Seems like in times past, he'd be a DE or OLB if only because NDSU's defense has been getting the more athletic recruits for quite a while now. Plus, NDSU's TEs have been blockers first and receivers second.

SamsRams
01-17-2014, 10:36 AM
Talked about this with Hallstrom on his show in frisco. Looking at the guys in line to play QB, they can really throw the ball Downfield.

Here is the podcast. Scheduled to be on again this Saturday
http://podcast.flagfamily.com/?name=2014-01-04_1-4-14_hour_2.mp3

ZHerd
01-17-2014, 11:03 AM
Talked about this with Hallstrom on his show in frisco. Looking at the guys in line to play QB, they can really throw the ball Downfield.

Here is the podcast. Scheduled to be on again this Saturday
http://podcast.flagfamily.com/?name=2014-01-04_1-4-14_hour_2.mp3

Heading to work and won't have time to listen til later, but with the more athletic guys we have brought in for the air attack would it be fair to assume that this possible philosophical shift would have taken place whether Bohl was here or not?

Bison"FANatic"
01-17-2014, 11:24 AM
It wasn't that many years ago you could call run or pass by which TE was in the game. I think we are now just at a point that we are able to land the hybrid TE that can do both well.

17>1
01-17-2014, 11:32 AM
Being as I was involved in the aforementioned drift, I'll help steer us back to Marcus. Watched his YouTube interview he did after a game this last season (I think). Anyway, seems like a great kid who is very mature. Can't wait to see him on the field.

PS: His first name is my middle name so there's that. And it's my birthday today, just say'n.

StL Bison Fan
01-17-2014, 12:42 PM
Being as I was involved in the aforementioned drift, I'll help steer us back to Marcus. Watched his YouTube interview he did after a game this last season (I think). Anyway, seems like a great kid who is very mature. Can't wait to see him on the field.

PS: His first name is my middle name so there's that. And it's my birthday today, just say'n.

Even being newish I understand this board (I work for the government so have confusion 40 hrs a week) and thread drift doesn't bother me ( I have trouble focusing on one thing). Isn't there another thread this ' it's my birthday" stuff goes in?
Time to go back on topic...

Happy Birthday BTW!!!!

BYZEN
01-17-2014, 01:29 PM
Happy birthday 11>1. I just finished removing the thread drift from my driveway. Oh, and doesn't having a TE that is a "real" passing threat goes to Coach Ks comments that he intends to get the ball into more players hands?
I'm done now but please keep your drifting OUT of my driveway. 😁😁

Sent from my seats behind the corner pole....

17>1
01-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Thanks guys. And I'm sure gabe has started a birthday thread somewhere on here.

BisonFanMan10
01-18-2014, 12:36 AM
Pretty sure I saw Marcus at the Bison basketball game last night... Looked almost as if he should've been on the court. Very long and lean. Quite a frame he has that he can put weight on. :biggrin:

thebootfitter
01-18-2014, 03:07 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Pretty sure I saw Marcus at the Bison basketball game last night... Very long and lean. Quite a frame he has that he can put weight on. :biggrin:
Is it getting awkward in here??

90 BISON
01-18-2014, 05:09 PM
Even being newish I understand this board (I work for the government so have confusion 40 hrs a week).

Are you saying our government can be confusing and inefficient? Who would guess that?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl:

No_Skill
01-18-2014, 06:08 PM
Are you saying our government can be confusing and inefficient? Who would guess that?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl:

Plus...I've never met a government worker who actually works 40 hrs per week.

:rimshot:

StL Bison Fan
01-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Plus...I've never met a government worker who actually works 40 hrs per week.

:rimshot:
Define work...

Bison bison
01-19-2014, 03:52 AM

Well, Happy Belated Birthday! (Numnutz)

SamsRams
03-24-2015, 08:47 AM
no longer on roster. Best of luck to the young man

http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?path=football&tab=roster2

HandoEX
03-24-2015, 11:25 AM
no longer on roster. Best of luck to the young man

http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?path=football&tab=roster2
Damn, this sucks! Was really excited to see him play at NDSU! Ugh!!!

Mr Meaty
03-24-2015, 11:33 AM
Wish him the best wherever life leads him to now. Was really excited to see him play at NDSU.

tjbison
03-24-2015, 01:04 PM
wtf.....this sucks

NDSUBowler
03-24-2015, 01:13 PM
Injury related?

HerdBot
03-24-2015, 01:29 PM
Injury related?

Yes, John hinted at this several months ago.

tjbison
03-24-2015, 01:32 PM
Too bad, he came early to get going...surprised there hasn't been a story on this

Vet70
03-24-2015, 02:10 PM
This is a loss for NDSU---- if it is health related I hope the young man heals.

NDSUBowler
03-24-2015, 03:13 PM
Yes, John hinted at this several months ago.

That's what I had thought, but I wasn't sure where to dig to verify. Thanks.

Mr. Burgundy
03-24-2015, 03:40 PM
Best of luck to a great kid. Tough luck with that injury that wasn't ever going to allow him to go full out. Long term health is way more important. Has a bright future in life. Once a Bison, always a Bison.

North Side
03-24-2015, 04:22 PM
dang.... so much promise coming into NDSU.

Bison"FANatic"
03-24-2015, 05:20 PM
Marcus may never have played a down for NDSU but sometimes the things people do for the program are more than just on the field. Last year when the program was thrown into chaos with Bohl leaving during the playoff run. Marcus tweeted this, not a few weeks later or after Kleiman was named but right away after the announcement.

"Coaches will come & go, but I made a commitment to an entire school and to get my education. With great fan support, & great players...
#NDSU football will prevail. So to the fans, know that I am still 100 percent committed. Once a Bison always a bison."

Then he went on to be one of the commits that held the class together. Northern Iowa and other MVFC schools came calling but he didn't waiver. Sometimes when the past is looked back on you see how different people play different roles than they expected to play in parts of life. He can be proud and we should be proud of him that he helped hold the class together during the chaos.

BFKasper14
03-24-2015, 07:42 PM
Marcus may never have played a down for NDSU but sometimes the things people do for the program are more than just on the field. Last year when the program was thrown into chaos with Bohl leaving during the playoff run. Marcus tweeted this, not a few weeks later or after Kleiman was named but right away after the announcement.

"Coaches will come & go, but I made a commitment to an entire school and to get my education. With great fan support, & great players...
#NDSU football will prevail. So to the fans, know that I am still 100 percent committed. Once a Bison always a bison."

Then he went on to be one of the commits that held the class together. Northern Iowa and other MVFC schools came calling but he didn't waiver. Sometimes when the past is looked back on you see how different people play different roles than they expected to play in parts of life. He can be proud and we should be proud of him that he helped hold the class together during the chaos.

This. It's going to suck not having this kid on the team. He seems like he could have been a great leader. Best of luck to him in his future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonNation11
03-24-2015, 07:48 PM
So does anyone know if he's staying at NDSU for school? If so, could he be a student coach or help the team out somehow? He seems like the kind of guy that you'd want around your team in anyway possible.

tjbison
03-24-2015, 08:33 PM
anyone know what the injury was?

SamsRams
03-24-2015, 09:39 PM
So does anyone know if he's staying at NDSU for school? If so, could he be a student coach or help the team out somehow? He seems like the kind of guy that you'd want around your team in anyway possible.

My understanding was stay here or go to Wisconsin. I messaged him once and told him he might want to have a talk with Hank Jacobs who was also highly recruited but had to retire earlier then he planned. At this point I believe he is still at NDSU. Where he will be next year I do not know

HandoEX
03-24-2015, 09:54 PM
He is still listed as a student at NDSU.

17>1
03-24-2015, 09:58 PM
I suppose at this point it makes no difference, but I'm curious still what the injury was. I know John mentioned something about this a few months ago but I don't remember him being specific.

Bisonator98
03-24-2015, 10:52 PM

This is what really resonated with me about Marcus. This sucks, I wish him nothing but the best.

GOBISON123
03-25-2015, 02:19 AM
This sucks, wishing him all the best. He stuck with us during the Bohl gate. Once a BISON always a BISON

devin45k
03-25-2015, 03:37 PM
Bummer....I was really excited to see him play

tjbison
03-25-2015, 04:52 PM
its injury related yet nobody knows what injury?? why is this so secret?

Trumpster
03-25-2015, 05:05 PM

privacy?
ten char

HerdBot
03-25-2015, 05:47 PM

Hipaa laws prevent publically disclosing details of an injury without player concent. Players sign a blanket consent form. If he's no longer on the team i doubt we could disclose that. As AL Carlson would put it. It's the law

SamsRams
03-25-2015, 10:11 PM
Why do you need to know so bad? trying to sell him some magic elixir?

GOBISON123
03-26-2015, 12:14 PM
:rofl::rofl: California medicine

BadlandsBison
03-26-2015, 01:21 PM
If privacy is an issue someone can say so and maybe people won't ask anymore

Bison03
03-26-2015, 03:53 PM
I am thinking this is a non-football related injury of illness, God forbid. I hope it is nothing serious and hope he gets the recovery he needs. Glad he is still enrolled in school.

SamsRams
03-26-2015, 08:02 PM
If privacy is an issue someone can say so and maybe people won't ask anymore

He is on twitter and facebook. Go ahead and ask him

BadlandsBison
03-26-2015, 08:48 PM
He is on twitter and facebook. Go ahead and ask him
I rather not, being that privacy may be a concern

TransAmBison
03-26-2015, 08:49 PM
I rather not, being that privacy may be a concernOh, you're good.

SamsRams
03-27-2015, 11:13 AM
I rather not, being that privacy may be a concern

Privately ask him in private then