PDA

View Full Version : Attendance for Homecoming???

TheBisonator
10-10-2006, 06:14 AM
Just curious what you think we'll draw on Saturday.

I officially predict 17,225 fans rockin' the Dome against the Delta Devils.

TransAmBison
10-10-2006, 11:40 AM
I see your 17,225 and raise you to 18,225.

Tatanka
10-10-2006, 01:36 PM
18004. Should be 19000+, depending on who you ask ;D ;)

westsidebison
10-10-2006, 08:48 PM
I say 17,057 every game should be 19,000+ (and yes hunters that includes deer opener)!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

sambini
10-11-2006, 02:01 AM
Lets fill the place. This team deserves it. Will see you in the stands+++++++++++

bisonmike
10-11-2006, 03:48 AM
Has anyone heard how the tickets are selling?

I'm guessing 17459.

Bisonfan1
10-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Get everyone you can think of to the game, partake in tailgating, sell the joint out !! This Bison team is something to see, should be the hottest ticket in Fargo right now. (AND STATEWIDE)

NDSUstudent
10-11-2006, 06:04 PM
There is a lot of buzz about NDSU's team around town and on campus so I think attendance will be 18-19,000.

kuby
10-11-2006, 10:10 PM
626 miles.... wish I could be there

coloradobison
10-11-2006, 10:26 PM
970 miles, and I will be there 8-)

kuby
10-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Have a great time!! Ken

sambini
10-12-2006, 02:41 AM
tHANKS kUBY SEE YA IN THE CITIES. football reunions at the Hilton.

Scooter
10-12-2006, 07:25 PM
3.25 miles... and I'll walk if I have too! (uphill, both ways.)

coloradobison
10-13-2006, 01:03 AM
3.25 miles... and I'll walk if I have too! *(uphill, both ways.)
Lucky!

Bisonguy
10-13-2006, 01:31 AM
0.58 miles, and I'll drive because I can't walk and carry all of my tailgating supplies. :P

imabison
10-13-2006, 01:40 AM
0.58 miles, and I'll drive because I can't walk and carry all of my tailgating supplies. :P

Closer than that and I will walk, and carry all my tailgating supplies.

Flintstone
10-13-2006, 01:50 AM
I was at the ticket office this afternoon picking up my Basketball tickets and I asked how sales for the football game were going. The lady said it has been totally nuts all week. Hopefully we will get over 18,000 for the game.

NDSUstudent
10-13-2006, 02:05 AM
I was at the ticket office this afternoon picking up my Basketball tickets and I asked how sales for the football game were going. *The lady said it has been totally nuts all week. *Hopefully we will get over 18,000 for the game.

This team deserves a full house on Saturday, the student section will be packed and rocking hopefully the rest of dome is as well.

No_Skill
10-13-2006, 02:10 AM
I think we'll get a good indication of attendance at the game by how many people show up to the parade. See ya'll on University.

Don't forget to bring your hot cocoa, it may be a little chilly [smiley=beer.gif]

Tatanka
10-13-2006, 02:31 AM
Absolutely will be on campus from 10AM until postgame. And yes, the dome better be packed.

roadwarrior
10-13-2006, 02:36 AM
The student section is the big key to the attendance. The good thing is that the student section is almost always full for the homecoming game. Lets hope the sw corner of the dome is all yellow and no blue!

Tatanka
10-13-2006, 02:41 AM
it won't be the student section you'll need to worry about. It's the fair-weather living dead types who saw a snowflake yesterday and are now bunkered up in their parlors with some hot tea, a crappy novel, and some fresh crumpets.

I would imagine there's a big walk-up crowd Saturday. Word is spreading that the Dome is the place to be on Game Day. The marketing machine on WDAY AM radio is in full swing. Let's PACK the place and make it LOUD.

roadwarrior
10-13-2006, 02:47 AM
I think that there is always a sizeable walkup crowd on game day. Those that wait until the last minute to decide to go. Most of those are the end zone general admission seats.

sambini
10-13-2006, 03:58 AM
Bring anyone you can. This team deserves a soldout Dome+++++++++

TheBisonator
10-13-2006, 05:01 AM
I was at the ticket office this afternoon picking up my Basketball tickets and I asked how sales for the football game were going. *The lady said it has been totally nuts all week. *Hopefully we will get over 18,000 for the game.

Then there's a slight chance this thing could be close to a sellout.

Let's ROCK THE DOME!!!!!

mebison
10-13-2006, 01:18 PM

Then there's a slight chance this thing could be close to a sellout.

Let's ROCK THE DOME!!!!!

When was the last time the Dome was officially sold out for Bison football? If it happened this weekend would it be the first time since UND 2000?

Bisonguy
10-13-2006, 05:22 PM
Valpo was supposedly a sellout.

virgfoss
10-13-2006, 05:38 PM
All the tickets were sold thus it is called a sell out.

Actual attendance is different.

UND_Herd
10-14-2006, 11:46 AM
19,001. *It has to be. *This will be my first Bison game in over a year. *I am doing it for the children. *Everyone must do the same. *Please, think of the children.

Mr._Bill
10-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Children are sometime wiser than us parents. *UNDTH, you have my full respect!!!!

TheBisonator
10-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Attendance was 16,384.

I was off by 841 people. :)

Tatanka
10-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Actually the attendance was more like 6,384, with 10,000 living dead stadium seat load testers. When the announcer would beg for cheers with HOW ABOUT THAT BISON DEFENSE, you could easily count the number of people standing and cheering on the east side, with the exception of the team family section in the SE corner. Many of them left in the third and fourth quarter, must have had a sewing circle to get to somewhere. Lots of no-shows in teh reserved seats (teammaker sections between the 30 yd lines). Suppose they're holding out for a team with a better record? Oh, wait.

Granted, it's hard to get up for a blowout, but this team is something special and deserves our support and participation.

Looking forward to next week! The living dead don't care enough to make road trips so it will be a refreshing change to be among 10,000+ Bison FANS.

TheBisonator
10-14-2006, 09:52 PM
I noticed the zombies today as well. Our issue is that we have too high of a casual fan-to-hardcore fan ratio.

No_Skill
10-15-2006, 01:59 AM
Our issue is that we need to sell alcohol at the games and force them to drink. *;)

I was at the game as well, and stood in disgust through most of the game looking across from the student section. BTW one of those empty seats may have been mine. I like to sit with people who like to cheer.

sambini
10-15-2006, 04:20 AM
I was off by a grand. And I really thought it would be 18k.

Hammersmith
10-15-2006, 08:07 AM
FWIW, this year's homecoming crowd was about 200 larger than last year's, which was last year's highest attended game. The current average attendance is 16,042, up from 14,061 at this point last year. Using last year's numbers as a guide, I'm going to predict a final season average of 16,156; a 1,997, or 14%, increase from last year. To take it one step further, I'll predict a 19,000+ sellout for the Dakota Marker game and an optimistic 13,450 for Deer Bowl '06. Any takers? Of course, if The Herd pulls off another (M)iracleTM, all bets are off.

edit: Of course, I voted for 17,000-17,999 so what the hell do I know.

BisonBacker
10-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Actually the attendance was more like 6,384, with 10,000 living dead stadium seat load testers. *When the announcer would beg for cheers with HOW ABOUT THAT BISON DEFENSE, you could easily count the number of people standing and cheering on the east side, with the exception of the team family section in the SE corner. *Many of them left in the third and fourth quarter, must have had a sewing circle to get to somewhere. *Lots of no-shows in teh reserved seats (teammaker sections between the 30 yd lines). *Suppose they're holding out for a team with a better record? *Oh, wait.

Granted, it's hard to get up for a blowout, but this team is something special and deserves our support and participation. *

Looking forward to next week! *The living dead don't care enough to make road trips so it will be a refreshing change to be among 10,000+ Bison FANS.

I will be the first to say I have been critical of the fans at times for not making noise but let me just point out something to all who are so ciritical of the fans who show up but don't make as much noise as some would like. *First of all what would the dome look like without these fans sitting in the seats? *I call them fans because they show up for the games, pay for the tickets, plus give generously to NDSU. *Before being so critical think about this. *Many of these people are getting on in years, it takes alot more for some of them to come to the game then it does for a perfectly healthy 20-30 or 40 year old who can just stroll into the game. *If your grandfather is still alive and you were to ask him to yell as loud as you could he? *Would you call him inferior or say he's not as big a fan if he couldn't make more noise then you? *I think the ignorance of some on this board when it comes to criticizing people who show up at the dome and pay to attend a game as opposed to those no matter the age that don't show up becuase they have better things to do are the real poor fans in this whole thing. *One last thing, many of these older fans can't run a 4.0 40 or don't have a 35 inch vertical, some have bad knee's arthritis and other ailments but still show up at the dome. *If they don't jump high enough out of thier chairs on a good play maybe you can cut them some slack? *Maybe the younger crowd will do the same for you all when you show up at the games when your 75 and your body doesn't work as well as it once did.

Tatanka
10-15-2006, 05:02 PM
I'll be happy to grant the old folks an exemption if you'll stipulate that there are still several thousand able bodied types who fit into the stadium seat load tester category.

That said, my grandfather (1) is still alive thank God, and (2) easily makes more noise than 60% of those in attendance yesterday. My love for sports and attitudes towards fan participation come directly from him. I'm going to call him and say thanks! Thank you for the unintentional reminder.

roadwarrior
10-15-2006, 08:24 PM
After seeing the crowd at Georgia Southern and reading that the attendance was around 13000, and then seeing our homecoming crowd with 16000+, I some times think that we UNDERreport our attendance.

TheBisonator
10-15-2006, 09:28 PM
After seeing the crowd at Georgia Southern and reading that the attendance was around 13000, and then seeing our homecoming crowd with 16000+, I some times think that we UNDERreport our attendance.

I agree, road. I seriously thought we had over 17,000 at the game yesterday (maybe closer to 17,500). I looked around the stands and visually estimated no more than 1,500-1,800 blue seats showing in the stands. If the Dome seats 19,287, can anyone who was at the game honestly tell me there was 2,903 empty seats yesterday??

Gamehunter
10-15-2006, 09:51 PM
hmmm, that is interresting...because I thought just the opposite. The whole time I was thinking to myself..."if there is even 15.5k here that is about it". Looked like alot of empty seats to me. Maybe the view is different high up in the nosebleed section? I was at turf level 8-)

Hammersmith
10-15-2006, 09:54 PM
I have to disagree(w/ road & Bisonator). I was pretty high in the south endzone, and I was guessing between 16,000-16,500. The endzone student section was only about 60% filled with students and the upper GA sections were at about 80%; I'm sure the north endzone was worse. The northernmost east side section was almost completely empty at 12:50. I did not see a single person in that section beyond the first ten rows; just row after row of empty seats. I forgot to look after the game started, but that was a lot of open seats. The dome looked pretty full, but there were a lot of 1 or 2 empty seats scattered about. We also don't know how many there were in the suites. If we are 10-0 or 9-1 going into the SDSU game, I hope all those holes will be filled.

02Bison
10-15-2006, 10:30 PM
I will be the first to say I have been critical of the fans at times for not making noise but let me just point out something to all who are so ciritical of the fans who show up but don't make as much noise as some would like. *First of all what would the dome look like without these fans sitting in the seats? *I call them fans because they show up for the games, pay for the tickets, plus give generously to NDSU. *Before being so critical think about this. *Many of these people are getting on in years, it takes alot more for some of them to come to the game then it does for a perfectly healthy 20-30 or 40 year old who can just stroll into the game. *If your grandfather is still alive and you were to ask him to yell as loud as you could he? *Would you call him inferior or say he's not as big a fan if he couldn't make more noise then you? *I think the ignorance of some on this board when it comes to criticizing people who show up at the dome and pay to attend a game as opposed to those no matter the age that don't show up becuase they have better things to do are the real poor fans in this whole thing. *One last thing, many of these older fans can't run a 4.0 40 or don't have a 35 inch vertical, some have bad knee's arthritis and other ailments but still show up at the dome. *If they don't jump high enough out of thier chairs on a good play maybe you can cut them some slack? *Maybe the younger crowd will do the same for you all when you show up at the games when your 75 and your body doesn't work as well as it once did.

+++

This was a much needed post! I don't understand why so many are so critical of people who actually show up to the games. If they want to be critical about anyone, be critical of those that buy tickets but rarely show. I saw one elderly Man and Woman (I'd say in their early 80's...more likely somewhere in their mid 80's. The guy had a hard time walking, but he made it all the way up to row HH, stayed the whole game, and clapped when the Bison came onto the field, made good plays, etc. To me, that is the epitome of a fan and I'd hate to see these kind of people not there because they aren't vocal; and, I think its very ignorant to label them the living dead. Just because they aren't like you and don't choose to voice their support like you doesn't make them any less of a fan. I didn't hear much noise coming from any section (including the south endzone) yesterday when the blowout manifested itself. Its time some of you "diehards" stop being so critical of others and only worry about yourselves. If some of you vocal diehards are such great fans, why couldn't I hear you?

No_Skill
10-15-2006, 10:35 PM
+++

This was a much needed post! *I don't understand why so many are so critical of people who actually show up to the games. If they want to be critical about anyone, be critical of those that buy tickets but rarely show. *I saw one elderly Man and Woman (I'd say in their early 80's...more likely somewhere in their mid 80's. *The guy had a hard time walking, but he made it all the way up to row HH, stayed the whole game, and clapped when the Bison came onto the field, made good plays, etc. *To me, that is the epitome of a fan and I'd hate to see these kind of people not there because they aren't vocal; and, I think its very ignorant to label them the living dead. Just because they aren't like you and don't choose to voice their support like you doesn't make them any less of a fan. *I didn't hear much noise coming from any section (including the south endzone) yesterday when the blowout manifested itself. *Its time some of you "diehards" stop being so critical of others and only worry about yourselves. *If some of you vocal diehards are such great fans, why couldn't I hear you? *

Because, hopefully you were cheering too loudly to hear anyone. [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BisBison
10-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Say what you want about the crowd, the fact remains the crowd noise was enough to cause several delay of game, and false start penaltys and general confusion of the MVS offence during the first half. Looking at the crowd in comparison to the first two games, I thought the attendance was reported accurately, it looked just a bit larger than the last game IMHO. It was a great homecoming victory. As the student section was chanting at the end of the game, bring on the goophers.

Bisonguy
10-15-2006, 11:28 PM
The Forum gave the crowd four footballs for making it difficult for MVSU, and causing three false starts in a row.

Honestly, I thought the crowd was pretty vocal for not selling out, and having a 45-0 drubbing.

As far as the old folks go, my father only missed one home game from 1980-2004. After he was in his 60's, it became more and more difficult to stand up, even for kickoffs. I could always see in his eyes that he wished he could stand for those kickoffs in the second half, but it was just too painful.

The problem isn't the old folks. They'll be there whether they make noise or not, and nobody will be able to change them. The problem is the under 40 crowd, many of which have been told to shut up by the Fargodome staff. Anybody remember all the big, cranking, clanging cowbells (and plenty of smaller cowbells) in the Fargodome? Anybody remember the crowd getting flagged by the NCC officials for making TOO MUCH noise (funny how UND has never received that penalty after they moved indoors ::))??

There was still room for another 4,000 fans in the Fargodome on saturday. We need to get another 4,000 folks in there that want to make some noise.

It's going to take time to get the Fargodome back to where it was (and should still be), but it can be done. I'm disappointed that NDSU hasn't taken more of an active role to promote crowd involvement, other than Bohl talking about it. What about the Team Makers Thunderzone? What ever happened to the Thunderzones in the endzones?? Did anyone ever know what they were intended for? Why not have a promotion for the loudest, craziest fans in a single row, instead of the stupid crazy bread giveaway they have now?

BisonBacker
10-16-2006, 03:10 AM
I'll be happy to grant the old folks an exemption if you'll stipulate that there are still several thousand able bodied types who fit into the stadium seat load tester category.
That said, my grandfather (1) is still alive thank God, and (2) easily makes more noise than 60% of those in attendance yesterday. *My love for sports and attitudes towards fan participation come directly from him. *I'm going to call him and say thanks! *Thank you for the unintentional reminder.

Fair enough. I just know that everyone points out the older crowd and blames them. As Bisonguy has pointed out I think we need to get more butts in the seats and as far as the Dome Nazi's to hell with them. If a fan is shouting lewd or obscene language that's one thing but god help the Dome Nazis that tells me to sit or quiet down if I'm just cheering on the team and doing so in a respectful way. I'll tell him to go straight to hell.

Tatanka
10-16-2006, 01:19 PM
I'll be happy to grant the old folks an exemption if you'll stipulate that there are still several thousand * able bodied types who fit into the stadium seat load tester category.
That said, my grandfather (1) is still alive thank God, and (2) easily makes more noise than 60% of those in attendance yesterday. *My love for sports and attitudes towards fan participation come directly from him. *I'm going to call him and say thanks! *Thank you for the unintentional reminder.

Fair enough. *I just know that everyone points out the older crowd and blames them. *As Bisonguy has pointed out I think we need to get more butts in the seats and as far as the Dome Nazi's to hell with them. *If a fan is shouting lewd or obscene language that's one thing but god help the Dome Nazis that tells me to sit or quiet down if I'm just cheering on the team and doing so in a respectful way. *I'll tell him to go straight to hell.
Absolutely. I knew we'd agree on something eventually. GO BISON.

Bisonfan1
10-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Ill buy your post completly BisonGuy. Im 45 with a terrible back, and it is getting more difficult for me to get up and down, I am still paying for it as of Monday here (well worth it for only 5 or 6 games a year) Who knows, a couple years I wont be able to get up on every third down defensive stand, but I should be able to yell or clap at the very least. There was no excuse for that dome not to be sold out last Saturday, there was also no excuse for the able bodied people of any age not to get up on 3rd down stands even when prompted by the PA and the players raising their hands on the sidelines and not at least clap or make some motions to acknowledge they were still alive in their seats. It will take time but we just have to keep recruiting for sections 20 and 21 and expand from there. I have no idea why the dome nazi's would be congregating around these section's either UNLESS it was requested they should watch there ?. I am going to make a phone call this week. As far as I can tell, we are up on every defensive 3rd down, every defensive stand in the red zone on OUR end of the field, kickoffs and when prompted. Whats wrong with that. And by the way, to be courtious, we sit back down between plays. *EXCUUUUUSE MEEEEE !!! ;D And by the way, IF the CAL POLY game isnt full there is something wrong. It's Veterans Day, let all Veterans in FREE with proof, would help fill the dome, and doing something nice for the veterans this year.

RedRiver
10-16-2006, 02:54 PM
And by the way, IF the CAL POLY game isnt full there is something wrong. It's Veterans Day, let all Veterans in FREE with proof, would help fill the dome, and doing something nice for the veterans this year.

Sorry, I don't see the Cal Poly game full at all. With the holiday weekend the students will be gone and don't forget about the deer hunting opener. Those two factors are going to have a huge impact on the attendance.

TheBisonator
10-16-2006, 03:01 PM
Ill buy your post completly BisonGuy. Im 45 with a terrible back, and it is getting more difficult for me to get up and down, I am still paying for it as of Monday here (well worth it for only 5 or 6 games a year) Who knows, a couple years I wont be able to get up on every third down defensive stand, but I should be able to yell or clap at the very least. There was no excuse for that dome not to be sold out last Saturday, there was also no excuse for the able bodied people of any age not to get up on 3rd down stands even when prompted by the PA and the players raising their hands on the sidelines and not at least clap or make some motions to acknowledge they were still alive in their seats. It will take time but we just have to keep recruiting for sections 20 and 21 and expand from there. I have no idea why the dome nazi's would be congregating around these section's either UNLESS it was requested they should watch there ?. I am going to make a phone call this week. As far as I can tell, we are up on every defensive 3rd down, every defensive stand in the red zone on OUR end of the field, kickoffs and when prompted. Whats wrong with that. And by the way, to be courtious, we sit back down between plays. *EXCUUUUUSE MEEEEE !!! ;D And by the way, IF the CAL POLY game isnt full there is something wrong. It's Veterans Day, let all Veterans in FREE with proof, would help fill the dome, and doing something nice for the veterans this year.

That is an EXCELLENT idea, Bisonfan1. I think that's something worth contacting Troy Goergen (NDSU athletics Marketing director) about. I think we'd wind up with a halfway decent crowd with a veterans promo like that to offset the deer hunters. Maybe even a veterans dedication or mini-ceremony before the game would be good too. Try to market the game as a Veterans Day game. There are a LOT of vets in the F-M area who normally don't go to Bison games, and this could be their chance to come to a game and congregate with fellow vets. Maybe set up a couple booths at the game selling souvenir Army/Navy/Air Force paraphenalia, or something like that. Heck, we've got a few weeks until the Cal-poly game, it would be smart to pass along these ideas now!!

TheBisonator
10-16-2006, 03:03 PM
And by the way, IF the CAL POLY game isnt full there is something wrong. It's Veterans Day, let all Veterans in FREE with proof, would help fill the dome, and doing something nice for the veterans this year.

Sorry, I don't see the Cal Poly game full at all. *With the holiday weekend the students will be gone and don't forget about the deer hunting opener. *Those two factors are going to have a huge impact on the attendance.

I'm a student, and I'll be there for the game. It'll be the most important home game of the year from a technical standpoint.

Bisonfan1
10-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Done, e-mailed staff with suggestion to do some kind of promo for Veterans Day, Veterans, Active Duty and National Guard Troops. Hopefully they will do something, and it will pick up the slack. This is one of the most important game's of the year. Let bambi live until Sunday !!!

NC_Aggie
10-24-2006, 05:55 PM
NC aggie, Close the door.... grab a kleenex box.... and clean yourself up.

Scooter you can do it anyway, even if you didn't win.

Sorry, guess you got to stick the ball in the endzone in this game.