Players
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpvcZKXKi9g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCpOM3ItDXY

question: How does YSUs Defemse match up with their Offense
Answer: ummm.....ahhh...well.....ummmm.....size wize their bigger

:rofl: there's your outcome folks

thundarsdaddy
11-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Not a very relaxed Coach is he? I am hoping the players have taken on his approach, of not showing too much confidence. Either he hates press conferences, or maybe the media in general, or he is very apprehensive about playing NDSU. Or all of the above!!

HerdBot
11-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Not a very relaxed Coach is he? I am hoping the players have taken on his approach, of not showing too much confidence. Either he hates press conferences, or maybe the media in general, or he is very apprehensive about playing NDSU. Or all of the above!!

I think he sounds confident. He said they don't have to play perfect to win

I chuckled when he said he wouldn't be surprised if we move to the MWC because we have oil money. If he only knew how unsupportive our state is!

I like their coach

Bison"FANatic"
11-14-2013, 02:19 PM
I like their coach

Just go ask some of the Penguin fans or maybe some that lurk here can enlighten us. In his time at YSU he has made quite a few fundamentally flawed game time decisions. He reminds me of a slick used car salesman. I don't remember the game but I do remember him totally throwing the players under the bus in the post game press conference. I respect what they have accomplished on the field but I am not to the point of respecting his coaching yet. Maybe I will get there but not yet, just my .02 worth.

cbline
11-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Just go ask some of the Penguin fans or maybe some that lurk here can enlighten us. In his time at YSU he has made quite a few fundamentally flawed game time decisions. He reminds me of a slick used car salesman. I don't remember the game but I do remember him totally throwing the players under the bus in the post game press conference. I respect what they have accomplished on the field but I am not to the point of respecting his coaching yet. Maybe I will get there but not yet, just my .02 worth.

You make him sound a lot like Farley at UNI!

KilldeerBison
11-14-2013, 04:01 PM

He brought up the flee flicker NDSU ran last time, seems to have really left a bad taste. He commented about having some trick plays to throw at NDSU this time, we'll see.

EC8CH
11-14-2013, 04:21 PM
He brought up the flee flicker NDSU ran last time, seems to have really left a bad taste. He commented about having some trick plays to throw at NDSU this time, we'll see.

They're going to need them.

SamsRams
11-14-2013, 07:28 PM
you know, is he Canadian? cause you know he sounds Canadian, you know

NWNDBison
11-14-2013, 07:41 PM
you know, is he Canadian? cause you know he sounds Canadian, you know

Actually, he was born and raised in Youngstown, Ohio.

This quote is from his profile page at ysusports.com: "A graduate of Ursuline High School who played his home games on Stambaugh Stadium's turf..." and "In his first year as the Penguins' head coach, everyone saw the energy and enthusiasm that Wolford has for his hometown squad."

http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/coaches/Wolford_Eric

A Google search for Eric Wolford turns up "Born: Youngstown, OH."

gumby013
11-14-2013, 08:26 PM
I get a Lane Kiffen feeling whenever I watch him.

Professor Chaos
11-14-2013, 10:06 PM
I remember the shellshocked postgame TV interview he gave on the field 3 years ago after the Mohler Miracle when he was babbling about his kicker not being able to kick the ball out the of the end zone which set NDSU up with good field position when it was obvious their strategy was to kick it short. It was pretty comical.

tjbison
11-14-2013, 10:23 PM
I remember the shellshocked postgame TV interview he gave on the field 3 years ago after the Mohler Miracle when he was babbling about his kicker not being able to kick the ball out the of the end zone which set NDSU up with good field position when it was obvious their strategy was to kick it short. It was pretty comical.

wasn't that a pass from Jose to Justin Howard?

coloradobison
11-14-2013, 10:23 PM
yes
10 char ...

westnodak93bison
11-14-2013, 11:26 PM
wasn't that a pass from Jose to Justin Howard?

And where are they now?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Bison"FANatic"
11-17-2013, 02:59 PM

And once again the dumbass coach doesn't get it. He just found a new excuses to throw out. If Mussman and Farley had a kid this is what you would get. Stay classy coach stay classy.

A1pigskin
11-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Any articles in the Youngstown newspaper about YSU losing?

StL Bison Fan
11-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Any articles in the Youngstown newspaper about YSU losing?

http://www.vindy.com/news/2013/nov/17/hurt-without-kurt/
I did read the one called Passion for Alpacas first. The other one was old news and excuses
Read the comments. Their fans aren't buying the excuses. My favorites:

"Ysu took a 15 yard penalty late in the third period which really hurt. The penalty was "unsportsmanlike conduct."
Who was it called on?"

"the expansion of the playoffs saved wolfords job. going into the locker room at halftime wolford was heard to say clearly on wkbn radio after the late hit on Narnia, "do you believe that $hit?" and bob hannon said, "you gottat love that guy." really hannon? he represents Youngstown. he loses his temper and cost his team 15 yards and then says that for all to hear? you love him bob. stay classy wolford."

Mayville Bison
11-18-2013, 01:47 PM
http://www.vindy.com/news/2013/nov/17/hurt-without-kurt/
I did read the one called Passion for Alpacas first. The other one was old news and excuses
Read the comments. Their fans aren't buying the excuses. My favorites:

"Ysu took a 15 yard penalty late in the third period which really hurt. The penalty was "unsportsmanlike conduct."
Who was it called on?"

"the expansion of the playoffs saved wolfords job. going into the locker room at halftime wolford was heard to say clearly on wkbn radio after the late hit on Narnia, "do you believe that $hit?" and bob hannon said, "you gottat love that guy." really hannon? he represents Youngstown. he loses his temper and cost his team 15 yards and then says that for all to hear? you love him bob. stay classy wolford."

And the latest one is pretty good.

"In all seriousness....maybe we need to develop a sharper sense of reality regarding the football program....
1) the expectation of yearly appearances in the FCS playoffs is a pipe dream.....
2) putting a coaching staff together that would be capable of achieving this is not possible....
3) YSU might be better off pursuing another league affiliation that would increase the possibility of more playoff appearances...."

StL Bison Fan
11-18-2013, 02:09 PM
And the latest one is pretty good.

"In all seriousness....maybe we need to develop a sharper sense of reality regarding the football program....
1) the expectation of yearly appearances in the FCS playoffs is a pipe dream.....
2) putting a coaching staff together that would be capable of achieving this is not possible....
3) YSU might be better off pursuing another league affiliation that would increase the possibility of more playoff appearances...."

Re: #3. The Big Sky would be too much travel for YSU. Perhaps you could just try to get better???

KC Bison
11-18-2013, 02:12 PM
One of the comments at the end of the article:
Note to Coach Wolford....
the footsteps you hear belong to Assistant Coach Mangino...... (it would be hard to ignore the sound of those footsteps)
watch out for Strollo's kiss on the cheek....

cbline
11-18-2013, 03:27 PM
One of the comments at the end of the article:
Note to Coach Wolford....
the footsteps you hear belong to Assistant Coach Mangino...... (it would be hard to ignore the sound of those footsteps)
watch out for Strollo's kiss on the cheek....

That, my friends, is one helluva comment to leave! Give this guy the Pulitzer Prize right now!