PDA

View Full Version : Dan Barreiro blog

roadwarrior
10-23-2006, 01:17 AM
These paragraphs appear in Dan Barreiro's blog today:

"Several Gophers fans noticed. And though there was a reflexive roar through the Gophers cheering section when the game-winning kick was blocked, most fans quickly caught themselves almost as if they were embarrassed with not only what they had seen, but how they had *momentarily reacted. Most seemed to have the decency to understand that to celebrate this moment any longer than 1.2 seconds would have been horribly undignified.

So after the shortest winning exultation roar in Metrodome history, most Gophers fans simply grabbed their belongings and quietly and humbly headed for the exits. Proof that whether NDSU had hit that last kick, the Gophers had already lost. Which might explain why, in the concourses, NDSU fans appeared downright ebullient compared to Gophers fans."

http://rubechat.kfan.com/blogs/danbarreiro/default.aspx

sambini
10-23-2006, 02:07 AM
Thanks Road++++++++

Trimmy
10-23-2006, 04:08 AM
I was listening to Dan say those exact words on my way out of The Cities this morning. *His whole show was great.

I loved how he told the story of how his girlfriend kept calling. *He was supposed to do some shopping and see a movie, so he was going to leave the game as soon as it got out of hand. *He never made it to the theatre that day. *

I also liked the guy from Albert Lea (I think) who said he had been to Twins/Braves, Vikes/Falcons '98 and others. *He said yesterday was the best time he had ever had at the Dome.

max_cool
10-23-2006, 04:44 AM
you know, there is all this talk about how this is NOT a moral victory for the Bison, and I agree with that. However this game has been a victory for Bison athletics and the football program in particular.

broke_back_mnt
10-23-2006, 12:11 PM
+++++

lakesbison
10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
WHO WAS THAT GUY THAT CALLED IN ABOUT THAT ATLANTA 98 GAME AND WORLD SERIES>.. HMMMMMMMMMMM

DUDE>.. SIGN HIS BLOG!!!

Trimmy
10-24-2006, 10:51 PM
I liked this one from the blog too:

"...invite Division I-AA school North Dakota State to your home field, allow its fans to take over the building..."