PDA

View Full Version : Travis Beck's Toughness

BisonHorns
11-11-2013, 01:02 PM
We reclassified 4 yards a Zenner, I think we need to develop a scale of toughness based on Becks. I propose a five tier system with him sitting at 5 after he popped his own shoulder into place on the field to keep on playing. Use this thread to share thoughts on Beck or to try out the system.

Bison 4 Life
11-11-2013, 01:06 PM
We reclassified 4 yards a Zenner, I think we need to develop a scale of toughness based on Becks. I propose a five tier system with him sitting at 5 after he popped his own shoulder into place on the field to keep on playing. Use this thread to share thoughts on Beck or to try out the system.

I'd put not giving up on the Waters after the superman move that hurt his shoulder at a solid 4.

TransAmBison
11-11-2013, 01:30 PM
This thread has merit.

Catman
11-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Beck is like Michael Meyer from the movie Halloween. Gets hurt....lays on the ground for a couple of seconds and pops back up. It really is kind of freaky!! Can not describe the toughness this DUDE has!!

EC8CH
11-11-2013, 01:54 PM
HA! I just pointed this out in the LB depth thread. I guess others did notice it.

Shaking on the ground in pain, popping your shoulder back in place, jumping up and walking to the sideline, coming back in 5 plays later, and then staying in as other's pop your shoulder back in between plays???

If this is the guy you're basing a toughness scale on... most of us would be rounded off as insignificant digits.

bisonmike2
11-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Anyway we can get Beck a Jax type shoulder/arm replacement so he's good to go for the playoffs?

http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mk3/jax/versus.png

IzzyFlexion
11-11-2013, 02:15 PM
I'd put not giving up on the Waters after the superman move that hurt his shoulder at a solid 4.

Incredibly, the impact of landing from the dive isn't what caused the problem. But as you pointed out, TB did not quit on the play at that point. His second effort while lying on the ground is what caused the dislocation.

TransAmBison
11-11-2013, 02:18 PM
I wonder where childbirth would land on the Beck level of toughness/pain? Half a Beck?

On another tangent...that guy that got his butt kicked over the summer...was he the recipient of a full Beck? Or since he had a buddy with him, did he just receive half a Beck? If so, the punishment he received was the same as childbirth?

Bison Gal
11-11-2013, 02:28 PM
I wonder where childbirth would land on the Beck level of toughness/pain? Half a Beck?

On another tangent...that guy that got his butt kicked over the summer...was he the recipient of a full Beck? Or since he had a buddy with him, did he just receive half a Beck? If so, the punishment he received was the same as childbirth?

HA......surely you jest..... :)

TransAmBison
11-11-2013, 02:31 PM
HA......surely you jest..... :):D :D SDSU fb players aren't the only ones who like to fish... :D

bri-dog
11-11-2013, 02:33 PM

And don't call him Shirley.

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20101028/300.nielsen.cm.112810.jpg

CAS4127
11-11-2013, 02:38 PM

For reference purposes, should we call it a BTF, as in Beck Toughness Factor or perhaps BTR, as in Beck Toughness Rating?!

IzzyFlexion
11-11-2013, 02:40 PM
I wonder where childbirth would land on the Beck level of toughness/pain? Half a Beck? *20# test line for me boy.

Paalease.........
10 Childbirths = one swoop of the pen used to make the vertical line on the "B"...........and that's only if it's breach.

westnodak93bison
11-11-2013, 03:17 PM
For reference purposes, should we call it a BTF, as in Beck Toughness Factor or perhaps BTR, as in Beck Toughness Rating?!

Here we go. Chuck Norris wears Travis Beck pjs

BisonTeacher
11-11-2013, 03:21 PM
The only thing I can think of in Science to relate to toughness is the MOh's scale of hardness (set for TAB in 3...2...1)

1 being talc and 10 being diamond.

With him popping his own shoulder back in....I would think 1 BTF is equivalent to 8 or above on Moh's scale.

bisonmike2
11-11-2013, 03:55 PM

Childbirth = pain? Whatever. Our last child's birth was a scheduled c-section. Got to pick out the date and everything. Did Beck get to schedule the date and time of his shoulder separation? Nope.

jack power
11-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Beck's not only tough but he's fast also. Not too many people can elude the police handcuffed and in flip flops.

CAS4127
11-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Beck's not only tough but he's fast also. Not too many people can elude the police handcuffed and in flip flops.

Yep, and he could cover a "Zenner" faster than Zenner.

Later!!!1

aces1180
11-11-2013, 03:58 PM

GFY...Did you even see the video? He wandered away from the cops, not ran.

BisonHorns
11-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Beck is like Michael Meyer from the movie Halloween. Gets hurt....lays on the ground for a couple of seconds and pops back up. It really is kind of freaky!! Can not describe the toughness this DUDE has!!
I agree totally!

BisonTeacher
11-11-2013, 04:30 PM

Wolverine???? Adamantium?

BisonHorns
11-11-2013, 04:33 PM
This thread is could be even better if we started Travis Beck stories similar to SNL's Bill Brasky skits. Take the time to watch this and you will smile the rest of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5JiH5DUZ_o

Jude3
11-11-2013, 05:14 PM
This whole team is filled with guys tougher than steel! I mean seriously...

Colton Heagle: Single-handedly (pun intended) destroyed GSU triple option. BTR=4
Brock Jensen: Flu, IV's, turf toe, no problem. Come to think of it, a lot of the team had the flu for that game! BTR=4
Zach Vraa: He's broken both collar bones and he's now become a go-to receiver. BTR=3 (btw I have a broken collar bone right now and it's not fun)
Grant Olson: Work done on appendix and still plays the NC game BTR=3.5

Thats just a few off the top of my head. It's also a part of the reason why I love this team. They're just warriors!

totoinfl
11-11-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm gonna go with BTF...Big Tough F*****...

1st&TennBison
11-11-2013, 06:00 PM
It's that elusive South Canada speed.

NorthernBison
11-11-2013, 06:20 PM
It's that elusive South Canada speed.

He did play hockey. Just sayin.

Herd12
11-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Maintaining his injury is going to be a huge deal for this team moving forward. I anticipate a lot of the nickel package (Beck, LJ + 5 DB) with Shepherd and/or Heagle down in the box area. It's not that Esley Thornton isn't a good player. A lot of teams are playing with fast spread offenses and not wanting to try and run against the Bison. Sometimes it's just about getting your best 11 guys out of the field, and with GO's injury I don't think there's any question that Shep is one of the best 11.

CAS4127
11-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Ya, and now MWill is questionable with an MCL injury from what Jack said over the noon hour--or did I not hear that correctly?!

NorthernBison
11-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Ya, and now MWill is questionable with an MCL injury from what Jack said over the noon hour--or did I not hear that correctly?!

I heard he is questionable with a knee injury. The play looked harmless but when he came up limping I thought knee and hyperextension right away.

BisonTeacher
11-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Hey you two I believe there is an injury thread to post that stuff in.

:hide:

LikeMothers
11-11-2013, 06:49 PM

Is this a linear scale or logarithmic? (For CAS, a 2 on a log Beck scale is ten times a 1. Tornadoes are rated on a log scale, with F5 being the highest).

Log is better for comparing against other teams, while linear is more appropriate when comparing against other Bison. For example, an average Bison player might be 80% of a Beck at 4. But, a good player from a good conference team might only rate a 0.05 on a linear scale, which is 1%. They'd have a 3 on the log scale. Also, the log scale offers the benefit of negative numbers, so that players from that school to the north can be appropriately ranked at say, -2, or 0.00001% of a Beck. Other Bison on the log Beck scale would all be piled at 4.8, 4.9, 4.95. But, you can never have a zero on the log Beck scale, so maybe we should just forget it as unworkable.

runtheoption
11-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Is this a linear scale or logarithmic? (For CAS, a 2 on a log Beck scale is ten times a 1. Tornadoes are rated on a log scale, with F5 being the highest).

Log is better for comparing against other teams, while linear is more appropriate when comparing against other Bison. For example, an average Bison player might be 80% of a Beck at 4. But, a good player from a good conference team might only rate a 0.05 on a linear scale, which is 1%. They'd have a 3 on the log scale. Also, the log scale offers the benefit of negative numbers, so that players from that school to the north can be appropriately ranked at say, -2, or 0.00001% of a Beck. Other Bison on the log Beck scale would all be piled at 4.8, 4.9, 4.95, however. So, Beck is an EB5 on the Enhanced Beck Scale? How many Little Boy's or Fat Man's would that be?

CAS4127
11-11-2013, 07:00 PM

Log is better for comparing against other teams, while linear is more appropriate when comparing against other Bison. For example, an average Bison player might be 80% of a Beck at 4. But, a good player from a good conference team might only rate a 0.05 on a linear scale, which is 1%. They'd have a 3 on the log scale. Also, the log scale offers the benefit of negative numbers, so that players from that school to the north can be appropriately ranked at say, -2, or 0.00001% of a Beck. Other Bison on the log Beck scale would all be piled at 4.8, 4.9, 4.95. But, you can never have a zero on the log Beck scale, so maybe we should just forget it as unworkable.

What ev er!! I just know he is a damn tough SOB!! Put all the numbers up you want, but in won't confuse me (see second sentence of this post, which, btw, are the words that precede the two ! marks just after them). Confused?!?!

td577
11-11-2013, 08:03 PM
What ev er!! I just know he is a damn tough SOB!! Put all the numbers up you want, but in won't confuse me (see second sentence of this post, which, btw, are the words that precede the two ! marks just after them). Confused?!?!

I have met like five people in my life that would be doing what Beck is doing and all of them had a completely different level of psychosis among them. There comes a point where you actually have to enjoy the pain to keep going. There is playing through pain and then there are guys like Beck. 99.9% of the population would quit and get it fixed and not one person would blame them for it.

While I am sure he is being told to let the staff know when it is too much, I would like to see less of him on the field when the game is in hand. At this point someone else needs the reps way more than he does.

This makes it even more imperative that if there is an opportunity to put someone away earlier rather than later, they got to make that happen. So when an opponent is on the ropes, the Bison have to crank it up. 10 less plays, for example, on the field are 10 less opportunities for Beck to have to deal with putting his shoulder back in place one more time.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

SafeTeeJ
11-11-2013, 08:35 PM

CAS was tough too. the dislocated elbow and playing with that contraption (chicken wing) of a brace the next weekend was legendary. didn't you completely tear you pect or bicep muscle too?

Bison Gal
11-11-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm gonna go with BTF...Big Tough F*****...

BTF it is.......awesome!

To recap:

Breck sets standard at BTF of 5
GO appendicitis BTF=3.5
ZV broken collarbone BTF=3.0
BJ everything BTF=4.0
CAS football playing days BTF=5.0

Rob Porter BTF= -Zennerx1000

And for TAB and Izzy: any woman who's given birth naturally with back labor BTF=5^1000

For anyone who doesn't know about back labor, best way I can describe it is it feels like someone is sawing your lower spine in half with a handsaw as you are pushing out a bowling ball.

Answer Guy
11-12-2013, 02:07 AM
CAS was tough too. the dislocated elbow and playing with that contraption (chicken wing) of a brace the next weekend was legendary. didn't you completely tear you pect or bicep muscle too?

CAS used to have pecs and biceps?

Thundering Herd
11-12-2013, 02:47 AM
CAS used to have pecs and biceps?like you didn't notice,... his posters have been on your bedroom wall and ceiling for almost three decades now...

IzzyFlexion
11-12-2013, 12:34 PM
And for TAB and Izzy: any woman who's given birth naturally with back labor BTF=5^1000

For anyone who doesn't know about back labor, best way I can describe it is it feels like someone is sawing your lower spine in half with a handsaw as you are pushing out a bowling ball.

pffft.
My ex-Jezebel tried that fake "back labor" thing on me with our last child. Some women will do anything for a non-reciprocal back rub. Come to think of it........I think I'm gonna launch a civil suit against that damn Lamaze instructor. On what grounds? I don't frickin' know. CAS, any ideas?
There's another bunch of hooey. (Lamaze)

td577
11-12-2013, 02:09 PM
I know someone will jump on me for this, but it needs to be said anyways.

After childbirth and labor, the brain is programmed to forget most of the pain. If it wasn't, women would stop at one child. So the reality is no one can effectively rate labor pains since they are forgotten anyways. The memories of pain are fabricated because that is what it is supposed to be.

TransAmBison
11-12-2013, 02:19 PM
I think it is funny when women say how painful labor is. I don't know if my wife experienced any real pain during her labor with the twins. For example, she took a li'l nap after every contraction and didn't wake up until the next contraction started. Pretty peaceful if you ask me. Oh, she made a big to do about it all, but she is a bit theatrical.

344Johnson
11-12-2013, 02:23 PM
I know someone will jump on me for this, but it needs to be said anyways.

After childbirth and labor, the brain is programmed to forget most of the pain. If it wasn't, women would stop at one child. So the reality is no one can effectively rate labor pains since they are forgotten anyways. The memories of pain are fabricated because that is what it is supposed to be.

So....say you are saying labor pain is fabricated? ;) Can't wait to tell my mom that pushing babies out is easy and that her pain was fabricated.

td577
11-12-2013, 02:26 PM
So....say you are saying labor pain is fabricated? ;) Can't wait to tell my mom that pushing babies out is easy and that her pain was fabricated.

Not at the time. At the moment the pain is very real. The memory of the pain is fabricated. The brain intentionally forgets. Survival mechanism.

IzzyFlexion
11-12-2013, 02:33 PM

I wonder if you'd be willing to have "the talk" with me? .........No, not that talk dammit.
Perhaps my advisory consultation offers regarding the opposite (notice I didn't say fairer and never will)....sex have been wasted on older guys like Aces. (boy, are you in for an awakening!)
You're a young fella that may be more capable of absorbing critical details about females and how they WILL AFFECT your future path(s).

Please respond.

YES _______

NO _______

MAYBE ________

LEAVE ME ALONE YOU DISGRUNTLED, ANGRY, AND SAD OLD MAN _______

CAS4127
11-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Not at the time. At the moment the pain is very real. The memory of the pain is fabricated. The brain intentionally forgets. Survival mechanism.

Some deductive reasoning may be in order here to get to the bottom of this, so here I go.

I have blown out my ACL-->painful

I have dislocated my shoulder-->very painful.

I have dislocated my elbow-->extremely painful to the point of almost pissing myself.

I have been kicked in the nadsack-->incredibaly painful to the point that I almost both pissed myself and threw up.

Now, women claim that childbirth is THE most pain one could EVER experience, and that we men will NEVER understand or appreciate that.

Well, here's the thing, I for one (as a man) NEVER want to be kicked in the nadsack again, and I would guess there isn't a man (that excludes Tranny & RTO by the way) that would. For statistical data, just ask yourself whether you have ever heard a man say he would like to get kicked in the nadsack "again". None in 10 billion have said it.

Also, I can say that I really would rather not dislocate either my shoulder or elbow again, if I had the choice. The ACL tear really wasn't that painful, but I guess if I had a choice between that and the shoulder/elbow, I'd take it, although the rehab was longer.

On the other hand, how many women have said they would like to have another baby??!!

The point is, for those that don't get it, is that, based upon the above, giving birth appears to hover somewhere around the blown ACL in terms of the BTF, and really no where near the dislocated shoulder, and certainly shouldn't even be said in the same breath as a nadsack kick!!

344Johnson
11-12-2013, 02:56 PM
I wonder if you'd be willing to have "the talk" with me? .........No, not that talk dammit.
Perhaps my advisory consultation offers regarding the opposite (notice I didn't say fairer and never will)....sex have been wasted on older guys like Aces. (boy, are you in for an awakening!)
You're a young fella that may be more capable of absorbing critical details about females and how they WILL AFFECT your future path(s).

Please respond.

YES _______

NO _______

MAYBE ________

LEAVE ME ALONE YOU DISGRUNTLED, ANGRY, AND SAD OLD MAN _______

MAYBE.

CAS's use of the scientific method leads me to believe he should have went to the UN_ Medical School rather than Law....though he left out that women are crazy and that is definitely a variable that must be taken under consideration.

runtheoption
11-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Well, here's the thing, I for one (as a man) NEVER want to be kicked in the nadsack again, and I would guess there isn't a man (that excludes Tranny & RTO by the way) that would. Pfffffft. Pain don't hurt.

bisonmike2
11-12-2013, 04:06 PM
How many BTF's would it be when Olson played a week after an appendectomy? Or did I just divide by zero?

BlueBisonRock
11-12-2013, 06:13 PM
How many BTF's would it be when Olson played a week after an appendectomy? Or did I just divide by zero?

BTF like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If you calculate using Olson as your base, you get a number approaching one. If you use the typical BV poster you get a number between zero and one (much closer to zero for most). If you use the BigUND as the base, you are correct. Boom! Infinity.

Answer Guy
11-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Oh, she made a big to do about it all, but she is a bit theatrical.

Yeah, she's the attention whore of the family.

TransAmBison
11-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Yeah, she's the attention whore of the family.
I'm glad we finally agree on something.

aces1180
11-12-2013, 06:28 PM
For statistical data, just ask yourself whether you have ever heard a man say he would like to get kicked in the nadsack "again". None in 10 billion have said it.

Have you ever seen Jackass show or movies?

BisonHorns
11-12-2013, 08:05 PM
I was in an accident in which one of my kidneys exploded and started filling my abdominal cavity with blood. By the time the helicopter reached the hospital I had a two liter sized blood clot inside of my body. The surgeons told me afterwards that my pain was off the charts and there is nothing to compare to what I went through so..... I am guessing 4 BTFs for me.

aces1180
11-12-2013, 08:19 PM
I've heard that kidney stones hurt just as bad as childbirth...I experienced them firsthand and they did hurt like hell...

However, from what I saw when my first child was born, I'll give childbirth the edge. :eek:

CAS4127
11-12-2013, 08:21 PM
I was in an accident in which one of my kidneys exploded and started filling my abdominal cavity with blood. By the time the helicopter reached the hospital I had a two liter sized blood clot inside of my body. The surgeons told me afterwards that my pain was off the charts and there is nothing to compare to what I went through so..... I am guessing 4 BTFs for me.

Well, um, if your surgeons had to tell you rather than you actually experiencing it, then I would be thinking it was near the "childbirth" BTF, which, as has been explained, is no where near a level 4 BTF!!

BisonHorns
11-12-2013, 08:37 PM
I experienced it. I was awake. I rode to the first hospital in the back of a pickup. The pain was so intolerable I thought I was going to sh$% my guts out to relieve the pressure. I stand by the 4BTF's. I could have gone for 5 if I got up and was willing to be tackled.

CAS4127
11-12-2013, 08:42 PM
I experienced it. I was awake. I rode to the first hospital in the back of a pickup. The pain was so intolerable I thought I was going to sh$% my guts out to relieve the pressure. I stand by the 4BTF's. I could have gone for 5 if I got up and was willing to be tackled.

Al right then, having a lacerated kidney is a Level 4 BTF, you have defended your position well, much like TB.

Bison Gal
11-12-2013, 10:03 PM
I have been kicked in the nadsack-->incredibaly painful to the point that I almost both pissed myself and threw up.

Now, women claim that childbirth is THE most pain one could EVER experience, and that we men will NEVER understand or appreciate that.

The point is, for those that don't get it, is that, based upon the above, giving birth appears to hover somewhere around the blown ACL in terms of the BTF, and really no where near the dislocated shoulder, and certainly shouldn't even be said in the same breath as a nadsack kick!!

"What Hurts More-Child Birth or a Kick in the Balls: Science Answers."

For those who don't want a long read, there's a fantastic, colorful cartoon you can watch. Answer per Science: it's a tie.*

http://gizmodo.com/5995427/what-hurts-more-child-birth-or-a-kick-in-the-balls-science-answers

Who brought up child birth on a football message board anyways????? Oh yeah......TAB.

*I disagree cuz the pain from a kick to the balls lasts minutes while labor lasts hours.

taper
11-12-2013, 10:24 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/pain_rating.png

Birthing results in lots of screaming, crying, wishing it was over, etc, then within an hour the mother is smiling for pics with the new kid.

Getting kicked in the nads results in the guy laying on the ground unable to move. Pain that literally shuts the body off is on another scale, along with kidney stones. Labor can last for hours or days so the cumulative pain could be higher and is definitely not something I would volunteer for.

MAKBison
11-12-2013, 10:33 PM
For those wanting to see how many BTF's they can handle, PM and before the SDU game, we can meet up at TAB and his cure's TGATe (I am sure they would enjoy the show). Anyway, I'll give you a swift kick in the nuts----it will be epic!

Likewise any woman wanting to experience a child birth BTF, I can arrange that as well (Not recommended for women over 25) NOTE: You may or may not get my person attention (my decision) :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

KSBisonFan
11-12-2013, 11:47 PM
I've heard that kidney stones hurt just as bad as childbirth...I experienced them firsthand and they did hurt like hell...

However, from what I saw when my first child was born, I'll give childbirth the edge. :eek:

Well I almost hit my head when I passed out watching my kid being born!!! I don't remember any yelling or cursing on her behalf so it can't be that bad.

CAS4127
11-12-2013, 11:51 PM
Well I almost hit my head when I passed out watching my kid being born!!! I don't remember any yelling or cursing on her behalf so it can't be that bad.

Ya, it's overrated!! Hell, TB pushes his shoulder back in place (reduction in medical terms I believe) only to have it pop out again. Never ever heard of women asking for Baby to be pushed back in only to have it pop out again.

Your pain thresholds may vary I guess!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

IzzyFlexion
11-12-2013, 11:54 PM
"What Hurts More-Child Birth or a Kick in the Balls: Science Answers."

For those who don't want a long read, there's a fantastic, colorful cartoon you can watch. Answer per Science: it's a tie.*

http://gizmodo.com/5995427/what-hurts-more-child-birth-or-a-kick-in-the-balls-science-answers

Who brought up child birth on a football message board anyways????? Oh yeah......TAB.

*I disagree cuz the pain from a kick to the balls lasts minutes while labor lasts hours.

Is it just me, or is Bison Gal saying "balls" twice in a single post kinda hot?

CAS4127
11-13-2013, 12:16 AM

It's just you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-13-2013, 01:27 AM
BV is fricken awesome tonight. :biggrin:

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-13-2013, 01:30 AM
The only thing I can think of in Science to relate to toughness is the MOh's scale of hardness (set for TAB in 3...2...1)

1 being talc and 10 being diamond.

With him popping his own shoulder back in....I would think 1 BTF is equivalent to 8 or above on Moh's scale.

Izzy, where do you rate on Moh's scale.

BisonFan02
11-13-2013, 02:10 AM
I stepped on a lego this morning....:D

BlueBisonRock
11-13-2013, 03:12 AM

Holy Mother of God!

Ndsu84
11-13-2013, 07:10 AM

If you have/had kids who loved Legos, this is seriously funny!!

IzzyFlexion
11-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Izzy, where do you rate on Moh's scale.

Sliding scale:

Age 15: 7.2
Age 19: 8.3
Age 22: (Year I was married) 9.4
Age 25: 3.7
Age 35: 1.2
Current: DOES NOT COMPUTE.

BisonTeacher
11-13-2013, 11:08 AM

Almost? Or DID hit your head? Cuz that would explain a lot.

Mayville Bison
11-13-2013, 01:16 PM

Wait, I thought you concluded from another post recently that Bison Gal is not actually a Gal. So are you swinging from both sides these days*?

*No, I'm not interested

IzzyFlexion
11-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Wait, I thought you concluded from another post recently that Bison Gal is not actually a Gal. So are you swinging from both sides these days*?

*No, I'm not interested

Well.........gonna throw this out there anyway.

There are over 300,000,000 in the US.

Why would I want to decrease my opportunity potential by a hundred and a half million?

Mayville Bison
11-13-2013, 01:29 PM
Well.........gonna throw this out there anyway.

There are over 300,000,000 in the US.

Why would I want to decrease my opportunity potential by a hundred and a half million?

I knew I shouldn't have asked

Bison Gal
10-18-2014, 12:48 AM
@NDSUfootball: Tomorrow will be the 52nd career game for No. 52, Travis Beck. #CodeGreen http://t.co/prTP9nXwTP

@LJ38Bison: @NDSUfootball @t_becks7 when you're a great football player people don't call you a great football player. They call you "Travis Beck"

BisonHorns
10-18-2014, 01:34 AM
The toughness thread has been resurrected!

17>1
10-18-2014, 02:51 AM
@NDSUfootball: Tomorrow will be the 52nd career game for No. 52, Travis Beck. #CodeGreen http://t.co/prTP9nXwTP

@LJ38Bison: @NDSUfootball @t_becks7 when you're a great football player people don't call you a great football player. They call you "Travis Beck"

Future Bisonville dictionary entry?

El_Chapo
10-18-2014, 03:41 AM
Beck is a beast if you focus on him a few plays it's crazy to watch the dirty work he does.

Bison bison
10-18-2014, 01:01 PM
That's why they call him the "Munich Sausage"

A1pigskin
10-18-2014, 01:15 PM
52 for 52.

IzzyFlexion
10-18-2014, 03:16 PM
http://www.charlesapple.com/uploads/2013/01/130106FargoFootballC02Pic.jpg
no words needed.

CAS4127
10-18-2014, 03:26 PM
My favorite player! He is healthy this year and you can tell. Absolutely love & admire the way he plays!!

Congrats Travis!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison4peat
10-18-2014, 06:29 PM
T-Beck. Hard to come up with words to describe him. Passion is the best I can do.

1998braves64
10-18-2014, 07:15 PM
The way he laid his body out in the kstate game at the detriment of his shoulder and then did his best to keep the play broken up after landing on said shoulder I will always remember as that play caused a 5 or so loss when they were within reach of a possible field goal. That play defined his whole career imo.
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

BisonNeil
10-19-2014, 01:51 AM
It will be interesting to see how bad he got hurt today.

HoopsBison
10-19-2014, 01:54 AM
Hope he is okay, so much fun watching him fly around on defense and make big plays.

A1pigskin
10-20-2014, 11:50 PM
I heard he had a sprained calf. Is this true?

A1pigskin
10-20-2014, 11:52 PM
http://www.charlesapple.com/uploads/2013/01/130106FargoFootballC02Pic.jpg
no words needed.

That is an awesome Pic. He looks like he is running on air. This pic would make for a good decal on a tailgating unit.

Hammerhead
10-21-2014, 01:45 AM
Plagiarising a sign from a recent College Gameday -- Travis Beck is so tough, sharks dedicate a week to him.

Ndsu84
10-21-2014, 02:07 AM
Coach said on Sundays show something about Travis being injured. Any word?

HerdBoy
10-21-2014, 02:08 AM
I heard he had a sprained calf. Is this true?

At the press conference today Coach K said he had a strained calf. He expects him to be playing this weekend against USD. Not sure what the difference is between a sprain and a strain. I suppose a sprain would be more joint (ankle) related while a strain is more in the muscle? I don't know.

BisonNation11
10-21-2014, 02:09 AM
Strained calf. Said we all know Travis, he'll be out running around Saturday

El_Chapo
10-21-2014, 02:23 AM
Let T Beck start, come out after 1 play, no reason to risk him or hardie.

1998braves64
10-21-2014, 02:39 AM
Sprains relate more to ligaments etc and strains is more muscle centered. When you sprain an ankle its the ligaments in your ankle that get "damaged" not the muscles (although they may be collateral damage perhaps?).

IzzyFlexion
10-21-2014, 11:22 AM
At the press conference today Coach K said he had a strained calf. He expects him to be playing this weekend against USD. Not sure what the difference is between a sprain and a strain. I suppose a sprain would be more joint (ankle) related while a strain is more in the muscle? I don't know.

Sprains relate more to ligaments etc and strains is more muscle centered. When you sprain an ankle its the ligaments in your ankle that get "damaged" not the muscles (although they may be collateral damage perhaps?).

correct and correct................................

A1pigskin
10-22-2014, 01:20 AM
Let T Beck start, come out after 1 play, no reason to risk him or hardie.

I would save them both for SDSU.

El_Chapo
10-22-2014, 01:27 AM
Absolutely! !

StL Bison Fan
10-22-2014, 01:29 AM
I would save them both for SDSU.

Not having Beck out there would 'save' USD players. Not gonna happen. You gonna tell him he can't play?!

Bison4peat
10-24-2014, 02:51 AM
http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_1000/public/field/image/8Bison.jpg?itok=5VLl3G5x

StL Bison Fan
10-24-2014, 02:53 AM
http://www.inforum.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_1000/public/field/image/8Bison.jpg?itok=5VLl3G5x

Amazing, isn't it?

Bison4peat
10-24-2014, 02:59 AM
That's for sure, as said earlier in this thread. No words needed.

Wally
10-24-2014, 04:07 AM

I will always love the PxP guys description of that soccer player coming out to try to make that kick. Something like 'one of his ambitions is to swim with sharks, well he's swimming with the sharks without a cage right now'

Kick is around the 24 min mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnY2BE3_uCw

Rock
10-24-2014, 11:29 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/24/9d5a2dca98a087f6c702e166c8faf2cd.jpg

A1pigskin
10-24-2014, 11:22 PM
I will always love the PxP guys description of that soccer player coming out to try to make that kick. Something like 'one of his ambitions is to swim with sharks, well he's swimming with the sharks without a cage right now'

Kick is around the 24 min mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnY2BE3_uCw

That was an intense game.

MAKBison
10-25-2014, 12:05 AM
does anyone know his workout numbers
40, long/high jump 3 cone, bench etc...

td577
10-25-2014, 03:47 PM
does anyone know his workout numbers
40, long/high jump 3 cone, bench etc...

There was an article a while back that said he won't reveal his 40 time but that it was fast. I don't remember where it is. He will have to put it out there for the next level at some point. I would say high 4.6s. He is a pretty fast guy.

CaBisonFan
10-30-2014, 10:45 PM
Anyone know the injury reports on Travis, Kuhnert, Dudzik, etc?

westnodak93bison
10-30-2014, 10:59 PM
That was an intense game.
Best I've ever witnessed in person by far. I can honestly say I was physically exhausted after the game and my voice was shot for days.

17>1
10-30-2014, 11:04 PM
Anyone know the injury reports on Travis, Kuhnert, Dudzik, etc?

From what I've heard out of Coach K's mouth was that Travis and Austin will both be ready to go. What's going on with Dudz?

CaBisonFan
10-30-2014, 11:27 PM
From what I've heard out of Coach K's mouth was that Travis and Austin will both be ready to go. What's going on with Dudz?I just thought that Dudz has been having some problems. Groin? Back? Hamstring? Not sure. We haven't been seeing him on special teams as much, so I assumed that they're taking it easy with him.

Vet70
10-30-2014, 11:55 PM
I just thought that Dudz has been having some problems. Groin? Back? Hamstring? Not sure. We haven't been seeing him on special teams as much, so I assumed that they're taking it easy with him.

Coach said that they were spreading him too thin----nothing about an injury.

17>1
10-31-2014, 12:04 AM
Coach said that they were spreading him too thin----nothing about an injury.

This^. Only thing he's had this year that I'm aware of was the thigh bruise @ Iowa St.

ZHerd
10-31-2014, 12:19 AM
This^. Only thing he's had this year that I'm aware of was the thigh bruise @ Iowa St.

Thus his lone injury of the season was from Heagle...assuming he got bruised on the play where they laid each other out.

17>1
10-31-2014, 12:33 AM
Thus his lone injury of the season was from Heagle...assuming he got bruised on the play where they laid each other out.

Yep, that was the play. I was a little worried when I saw Colten punch the ground before getting up, thinking it was one of those frustrated responses to maybe a serious injury. Both of our senior safeties laying on the ground was not something I wanted to see in the first quarter of our season opener.

CAS4127
10-31-2014, 01:44 AM
Yep, that was the play. I was a little worried when I saw Colten punch the ground before getting up, thinking it was one of those frustrated responses to maybe a serious injury. Both of our senior safeties laying on the ground was not something I wanted to see in the first quarter of our season opener.

I think Duds has a legit chance at next level, speed is huge. Colton is a true Bison. He and TB have sacrificed their bodies for us/NDSU football. Don't believe either will go to next level. Beck is a bit small and Colton has lost too much of his wheels, but both are NDSU HOLer's easily, and two of my all time favorite players. What is unique about them is that offenses HAVE to pay attention to where they are at this level. They are just that good. Pretty fucking special players right there!!

Ndsu84
10-31-2014, 01:54 AM
Did Joe Toth play after you were there CAS? I can't quite remember but I thought he had some extra nice hits.

1st&TennBison
10-31-2014, 02:13 AM
I think Duds has a legit chance at next level, speed is huge. Colton is a true Bison. He and TB have sacrificed their bodies for us/NDSU football. Don't believe either will go to next level. Beck is a bit small and Colton has lost too much of his wheels, but both are NDSU HOLer's easily, and two of my all time favorite players. What is unique about them is that offenses HAVE to pay attention to where they are at this level. They are just that good. Pretty fucking special players right there!!

Beck to me seems to have almost one or two plays a game where your jaw just drops and hits the floor, like the superman dive he made at K ST, he didn't make the tackle but forced the qb to get out of the pocket. Then you have Heagle who even though he does not have big numbers like a traditional safety, he just seems to be in on damn near every play. I swear that it seems to me that if he isn't making the tackle he is withing 5 yards of it or in pursuit closing in. The guy just seems to always be right in /around the action every play. And it is rare that he gets caught out of position. He just might be the best run stopping safety in the FCS(and his tackle numbers might back that up). Plenty of other players who are not far behind him on instincts as well, Heagle is just one step above them is all so it seems.

A1pigskin
10-31-2014, 02:16 AM

Colten is all over the field. That whole defense is special....

CAS4127
10-31-2014, 02:17 AM
Beck to me seems to have almost one or two plays a game where your jaw just drops and hits the floor, like the superman dive he made at K ST, he didn't make the tackle but forced the qb to get out of the pocket. Then you have Heagle who even though he does not have big numbers like a traditional safety, he just seems to be in on damn near every play. I swear that it seems to me that if he isn't making the tackle he is withing 5 yards of it or in pursuit closing in. The guy just seems to always be right in /around the action every play. And it is rare that he gets caught out of position. He just might be the best run stopping safety in the FCS(and his tackle numbers might back that up). Plenty of other players who are not far behind him on instincts as well, Heagle is just one step above them is all so it seems.

Pretty cool, isn't it! Huge shoes to fill in Heagle, Beck and Dudzik. They are A main reason our D has been tops in FCS for 3-4 years.

CAS4127
10-31-2014, 02:19 AM
Colten is all over the field. That hole defense is special....

Agree. Our D and special teams epitomize the fact that there are 3 phases to the game!

1st&TennBison
10-31-2014, 02:19 AM
Did Joe Toth play after you were there CAS? I can't quite remember but I thought he had some extra nice hits.

Looks like Toth was at NDSU in the early 90's.

A1pigskin
10-31-2014, 02:20 AM

Good example, Georgia Southern playoff game.

1st&TennBison
10-31-2014, 02:21 AM
Colten is all over the field. That hole defense is special....

Did you just say there is a hole in the defense, I don't see it,lol.

CAS4127
10-31-2014, 02:25 AM

Yep, Toth was after me and Tony Monte. Very good skills/player. He went to Roughriders for a few years I believe. Raw, but talented.

CAS4127
10-31-2014, 02:27 AM
Good example, Georgia Southern playoff game.

Can't teach instincts! Beck and Heagle have more of that than Dudz, but Dudz has more natural ability IMO. Those are the things that make all 3 HOLers.

Ndsu84
10-31-2014, 02:28 AM

Thanks. I was thinking like '88.

People make a big deal about how many points we should win by. I like to win and everything but it's a bigger deal to me just watching how f---ing great these guys are. So much of what they can do is far beyond normal.

1st&TennBison
10-31-2014, 02:51 AM
Can't teach instincts! Beck and Heagle have more of that than Dudz, but Dudz has more natural ability IMO. Those are the things that make all 3 HOLers.

Instincts and football smarts, the defense just seems to be loaded with them. My better half and I went to the Tenn Alabama game last weekend (I wore my NDSU shirt and the responses were unbelievable) and Tennessee's defense just seemed clueless. Out of position, lack of effort, yada yada yada. NDSU's defense IMO would have honestly done better and that is no joke. The group of guys behind us had some pretty decent knowledge of us (Bison). They asked me who was our stud defensive player was and my response was "all of them". I finally did give them a name..... Kyle Emanuel, and a few seconds later the 5 of them were cheering " Kyyyylllee Kyyyylllee (you get the picture, they had a few drinks at that point), well this guy behind them asked who the hell is Kyle and the guy responds he is a butt kicking pass rusher from NDSU and we should have recruited him. That receiver from Alabama had a field day, because the QB never got any pressure all game and picked them apart.

El_Chapo
10-31-2014, 02:52 AM

Toth was my neighbor 1990-1994 He was a BEAST much like T Beck.

I saw him jump out a 2nd story window and hit the ground running.

1998braves64
10-31-2014, 04:13 AM
I remember after a couple of games that heagle played in his freshman year I told my wife he was going to be a great player for us as he was always right there in the action that GSo game was legendary! I will never forget that performance. Then next year he is out and they are able to make a game of it.

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

El_Chapo
11-22-2014, 09:02 PM
2 people tell me travis Beck is done for year with Achilles rupture. Say it Ain't so...

CaBisonFan
11-22-2014, 11:07 PM
2 people tell me travis Beck is done for year with Achilles rupture. Say it Ain't so...It certainly appears that way.

bisonhp330
11-22-2014, 11:48 PM

Played 90-94

Bison 4 Life
11-25-2014, 03:14 PM
Anybody see this? While I incite some emotional reactions I don't think I've ever been so angry at a poster in my entire life. I'd love to punch this fucking clown right in his god damn nose.

Sioux83

Members
1,318 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:18 AM

gundy1124, on 24 Nov 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

Couldn't agree more........the 3 teams I wanted to see against NDSU were EWU, Illinois State, and UNI.(Those are the teams that could beat the Bison) So, what will end up happening is these teams in "the bracket of doom" beat the crap out of each other and a crappy team like Fordham makes a run and probably looses their starting QB in the process but makes it to the championship game. Meanwhile 3 teams lay down for the Bison, at home of course,(like the Jacks always do) and they kick the crap out of a crippled Fordham team for another title. Sound about right?

Fordhams QB is already out. I don't know if he is ever coming back but he has been out for a few weeks.

NDSU just lost one player to season ending injury. Look for a front page article pointing to the severity of the situation and how the team is going to have to rally during this devastating time. :silly:

That emoticon was a smiling face with eyes rolling.

Fuck you man, just fuck you.

344Johnson
11-25-2014, 03:18 PM
Anybody see this? While I incite some emotional reactions I don't think I've ever been so angry at a poster in my entire life. I'd love to punch this fucking clown right in his god damn nose.

Calm down. I didn't see a major problem with it...the Forum will likely try and dramatize the situation with a front page article at some point won't they?

StL Bison Fan
11-25-2014, 03:36 PM

It's easy to say this behind a keyboard. I'd give him 20 bucks to say this to his face.