PDA

View Full Version : FargoDome versus MetroDome

BisonCardinal
10-24-2006, 04:09 AM
Enjoyed the game at the Metrodome with my family. Now helping my brother-in-law with corn harvest. *Haven't got a chance to post til now.

After taking in the game this Saturday, I came to appreciate the FargoDome more. *It seems like all the Metrodome has going for it is more seats.

The FargoDome has:
* *1) 4 big screens, the Metrodome has 2
* *2) a screen dedicated to total offensive yards, the Metrodome has zilch
* * 3) seats closer to the football action, Metrodome has to make room for baseball.

After Saturday's game, I was very proud to be a Bison. *If we can just continue to grow 5-10% in attendance/vendors/season tickets/tailgating, etc., we will be right up there with Montana and GA Southern in no time. *And they have had a 20+ year headstart!!!

Things are looking good for the Bison!!! 8-)

BigBison
10-24-2006, 06:00 AM
I agree the 4 screens in the FDome are sweet, I also think that NDSU does alot better job with making an enterance on to the field then the gophers do. I mean that NDSU intro is ssoooo sweet! Sometimes it bring tears to my eyes. :P

99Bison
10-24-2006, 06:54 AM
I agree the 4 screens in the FDome are sweet, I also think that NDSU does alot better job with making an enterance on to the field then the gophers do. I mean that NDSU intro is ssoooo sweet! Sometimes it bring tears to my eyes. :P
+++++++++

Bisonfan1
10-24-2006, 12:23 PM
I agree the 4 screens in the FDome are sweet, I also think that NDSU does alot better job with making an enterance on to the field then the gophers do. *I mean that NDSU intro is ssoooo sweet! Sometimes it bring tears to my eyes. *:P

I was expecting a way better entrance also. The Bison's entrance is first class. We also noticed the differances and are happy with some of the things we have that is for sure. I hope everyone at the Metrodome last Saturday "captured" a little bit of all the fan energy and releases it into the FargoDome on November 11th !!!!

mn-bison
10-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Having only two big screens sucked... I was at the end with the big screen (off to the side) so viewing of this was not the greatest. The screen across the dome was OK, just a looonnnng way across the dome. I also missed not having the total yardage anywhere.

The Fargo Dome definately has its perks...

No_Skill
10-24-2006, 05:33 PM
A lot of people talk about how Dakotah Field was a better venue then the Dome. I like the Dome. All we need to do to make it top notch is fill it with fans rather than an audience.

Steph_Popowski
10-24-2006, 05:45 PM
I feel there is no place like the Dome- The Bison are lucky to have such a place!
I know that no matter how cold, rainy or windy- I'll be able to stand and cheer and watch the game in warmth; I can watch and enjoy the game and not have to worry about keeping my body from freezing.
THe whole atmsophere is something that you just can't capture outside- yes, there are great things about outside games- the Dome is the top in many areas.
Now, the dome can be used for a 'great recruiting tool'- *:)

Herd_Mentality
10-24-2006, 05:54 PM
The one thing that dome does need to improve (and it is in the works), is an upgrade of the sound system. I'm sick of sitting in the lower rows and all the annoucements and such are total garbled gibberish.

WYOBISONMAN
10-24-2006, 06:12 PM
1. I LOVED Dacotah Field.

2. Indoor football has taken some of the emotion out of the game at NDSU

3. The students are not the presence at the games in the Fargodome that they were at Dacotah Field.

4. Football was made to be played outside.

5. I am going to the Cal Poly game on November 11th.

6. At my age I am glad I will not freeze my ass off at the game.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

roadwarrior
10-24-2006, 07:36 PM
A couple of other things about the comparison. The bigger sections at the Metrodome have 36 seats in a row, the Fargodome limit is 18. Big difference when trying to get to the aisle. Legroom at the Fargodome is much greater than at the Metrodome. Just ask the people sitting in front of me at the Metrodome how my knees feel in the back of their head!

BigBison
10-24-2006, 07:56 PM
I actually thought the leg room is better at the metrodome, seats are a little wider and more distance from your chair to the chair in front of you.

roadwarrior
10-24-2006, 07:59 PM
I actually thought the leg room is better at the metrodome, seats are a little wider and more distance from your chair to the chair in front of you. *

I remember talking to one of the architects that worked on the Fargodome at the time they were designing it, and he pointed out those differences. Leg room definitely is greater at the Fargodome.

imabison
10-24-2006, 08:12 PM
I actually thought the leg room is better at the metrodome, seats are a little wider and more distance from your chair to the chair in front of you. *

Not where I was sitting the seat was smaller, and less leg room than the Fargodome.

bisonaudit
10-24-2006, 08:18 PM
You guys weren't behind home plate by any chance?

imabison
10-24-2006, 08:23 PM

;) ;) Behind Home Plate? I was at a football game. :) :) I was at the other end.

WYOBISONMAN
10-24-2006, 08:30 PM

;) ;) Behind Home Plate? *I was at a football game. *:) :) *I was at the other end.

Maybe someone had too many of those Metrodome beers...... ;)

Bisonguy
10-24-2006, 08:51 PM
I was suprised by the lack of any stats up on the scoreboard at the Metrodome.

The FFD is really a great stadium, it just needs the new sound system that is slated for later this year, and a lighting upgrade.

tcbison
10-24-2006, 09:32 PM

The FFD is really a great stadium, it just needs the new sound system that is slated for later this year, and a lighting upgrade.

I only caught the stats once. That was disappointing to say the least.

74BisonFan
10-24-2006, 09:50 PM
of course they did not want to show those stats *8-)

Tatanka
10-24-2006, 10:41 PM
And don't forget the "trough" model pissers and one pooper per men's bathroom at the ghettrodome (at least in the upper deck). Nice.

Something to consider after a couple of beers... The ghettrodome sucks, and yet it blows you out after the game...

sambini
10-24-2006, 10:55 PM
++++++++++++++++

Mr._Bill
10-24-2006, 11:03 PM
It's unfortunate that the Bison need to wait until Nov 11th to be greeted at the Fargodome. Nothing would be better than to come home right away and get some love. But, they will get a great reception when they return home on Nov 11 at 8-1.

I was down by the field in a lower section at the metrodome, and the sound was deafening at times. I was awfully proud of the people wearing green and yellow in the upper deck. Outstanding!!!!!! I am one of the people who at times has been an observer at the FFD rather than a cheerer. But I am completely hoarse after standing and yelling throughout the game. I swear to do better on my next trip to Fargo.

Tatanka
10-24-2006, 11:08 PM
One new fan at a time! Outstanding! Hopefully this game was the start of a new atmosphere at the Fabulous FargoDome!

No_Skill
10-24-2006, 11:10 PM
I was down by the field in a lower section at the metrodome, and the sound was deafening at times. *I was awfully proud of the people wearing green and yellow in the upper deck. *Outstanding!!!!!! * I am one of the people who at times has been an observer at the FFD rather than a cheerer. *But I am completely hoarse after standing and yelling throughout the game. *I swear to do better on my next trip to Fargo.

So, what was it that made you cheer at the Metrodome?

The fact that it was the Gophers?
The fact that it was an exciting game?
Did you drink more than you do at the Fargodome?

I'm just trying to figure out what we need to do to capture that kind of energy at the Fargodome.

Mr._Bill
10-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Simply a couple facts . . . Gophers, 1A BCS, 60,000+, playing-up, major college football atmosphere. *Alcohol, not a factor.

I can get up for that any day. *Northeastern (only other game I attended, due to living in eastern MN) was fun, but no comparison, no comparison.

I don't think it could be duplicated at the FFD, other than an important playoff game or a great opponent like Montana. We need a packed house plus to even try to come close. 19,000+.

No_Skill
10-24-2006, 11:28 PM
So let's schedule up Notre Dame.

For me the competition is not a factor. I am there to cheer the team, let off some steam from the week, and have a good time. When it is third and short I don't care if we are playing CSP or the Gophers. I yell at the top of my lungs. Those guys are busting thier asses out there and that is the least I can do to feel that I have helped a little.

For this reason I sit in the student section. That is the only place in the entire dome where I don't feel out of place.

scottheck
10-24-2006, 11:35 PM

I, too, caught the stats once, looked for them again, and nothing. FFD has boards specificly for that purpose. Missed having that info during the game.

Mr._Bill
10-24-2006, 11:39 PM
Every time I'm in Fargo at the dome, I'm sitting in section with a bunch of dead beats. I feel like the lone ranger when I am standing a cheering. Next time I go I need a seat in the student section, and I'll be OK. Hopefully in the future, we'll have more sections that cheer like the student section.

No_Skill
10-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Every time I'm in Fargo at the dome, I'm sitting in section with a bunch of dead beats. *I feel like the lone ranger when I am standing a cheering. *Next time I go I need a seat in the student section, and I'll be OK. *Hopefully in the future, we'll have more sections that cheer like the student section.

As long as you like to stand and cheer, you'll fit right in. ;D

SDbison
10-25-2006, 01:49 AM
As I thought, the answer to bigger attendance and more participation is to move Bison football to the top level. Nothing comes close to a real big time game atmosphere. It will soon be time for the Dakotas to have a team at the DI-A level (I don't ever want to see UND try to one up us and get there first). Football is #1 in Fargo and there is outstanding tradition. I believe NDSU would have no problem doing what Boise State is doing within a short time. DI-AA is just a slightly higher level of football and gets no more attention than DII.

Hammerhead
10-25-2006, 01:49 AM
I always think back to the Dacotah Field restooms when I'm at the Humptydome. The only difference is that the outdoor restrooms got rather cold at the end of the season.

BTW, the concourse in the Fargodome is wider than the one in the the Metrodome, making it easier to get around before and after the game.

And don't forget the "trough" model pissers and one pooper per men's bathroom at the ghettrodome (at least in the upper deck). *Nice. *

Something to consider after a couple of beers... *The ghettrodome sucks, and yet it blows you out after the game...

No_Skill
10-25-2006, 02:03 AM
As I thought, the answer to bigger attendance and more participation is to move Bison football to the top level. *Nothing comes close to a real big time game atmosphere. *It will soon be time for the Dakotas to have a team at the DI-A level (I don't ever want to see UND try to one up us and get there first). * Football is #1 in Fargo and there is outstanding tradition. *I believe NDSU would have no problem doing what Boise State is doing within a short time. *DI-AA is just a slightly higher level of football and gets no more attention than DII.

I don't think we will have to worry about UND moving to I-A before us. *I hear they are having bugetary problems making the move to I-AA. *Not to mention that they may have a more difficult time finding early success in I-AA. *Reason being, which school looks more attractive to a top recuit? *NDSU has proven to be a successful program at the I-AA level and will be playoff eligible soon.

I would love for NDSU to move to I-A, but we need to pay our dues in I-AA first. We need multiple championships at the I-AA level before I-A can become a serious thought. I see us in I-AA for 15-20 years before the move to I-A.

sambini
10-25-2006, 02:19 AM
The Fargdome is a lot more comfortable seating. +++++++++

1bizon1
10-25-2006, 02:23 AM
1. I LOVED Dacotah Field.

2. Indoor football has taken some of the emotion out of the game at NDSU

3. The students are not the presence at the games in the Fargodome that they were at Dacotah Field.

4. Football was made to be played outside.

5. I am going to the Cal Poly game on November 11th.

6. At my age I am glad I will not freeze my ass off at the game.

I totally agree with "Wyo" and have said it for along time. The outside elements were an advantage. Anyone remember playoff games at Dakotah? The visiting team was mostly gathered around the heaters...the only Bison player by the heater was the kicker...warming up his kicking foot because he was getting ready to go back into the game AGAIN to kick another PAT?!?!?!
Ushers did not come over to you, ask you to sit down because you were bothering the people around/behind you?!?!?! You could leave and re-enter as many times as you wanted. The place was pretty much full every game with real football fans that stood up, cheered, clapped, rang their cow bells and had a royal blast!?!?!?! Yeah, I sincerely miss Dakotah Field. I like the entertainment the Dome has brought to Fargo, BUT, football has and always will belong outside. I would Love to freeze my @$$ off again watching the Herd outside at Dakotah Field. I'll always have my dreams!!!
GO BISON!!!

TonkaBison
10-25-2006, 04:16 AM
It's unfortunate that the Bison need to wait until Nov 11th to be greeted at the Fargodome. *Nothing would be better than to come home right away and get some love. *But, they will get a great reception when they return home on Nov 11 at 8-1.

I was down by the field in a lower section at the metrodome, and the sound was deafening at times. *I was awfully proud of the people wearing green and yellow in the upper deck. *Outstanding!!!!!! * I am one of the people who at times has been an observer at the FFD rather than a cheerer. *But I am completely hoarse after standing and yelling throughout the game. *I swear to do better on my next trip to Fargo.

Excellent!! Glad to hear there is a new convert to the "Thunder of the Herd"!! Bring it to the BB game on the 13th and lets put some "Shock and Awe" into the Gophers at that game as well but this time with the score in our favor!

TonkaBison
10-25-2006, 04:21 AM
1. * * I LOVED Dacotah Field.

2. * * Indoor football has taken some of the emotion out of the game at NDSU

3. * * The students are not the presence at the games in the Fargodome that they were at Dacotah Field.

4. * * Football was made to be played outside.

5. * * I am going to the Cal Poly game on November 11th.

6. * * At my age I am glad I will not freeze my ass off at the game.

I totally agree with "Wyo" and have said it for along time. *The outside elements were an advantage. *Anyone remember playoff games at Dakotah? *The visiting team was mostly gathered around the heaters...the only Bison player by the heater was the kicker...warming up his kicking foot because he was getting ready to go back into the game AGAIN to kick another PAT?!?!?!
Ushers did not come over to you, ask you to sit down because you were bothering the people around/behind you?!?!?! *You could leave and re-enter as many times as you wanted. * The place was pretty much full every game with real football fans that stood up, cheered, clapped, rang their cow bells and had a royal blast!?!?!?! *Yeah, I sincerely miss Dakotah Field. *I like the entertainment the Dome has brought to Fargo, BUT, football has and always will belong outside. *I would Love to freeze my @$$ off again watching the Herd outside at Dakotah Field. *I'll always have my dreams!!!
GO BISON!!!

That's because the only people who were at Dacotah Field were those that really wanted to be there. I was one of the 900 at the "Blizzard Bowl" and had a blast!! The same thing held true at the Metrodome it had nothing to do with the venue! We have to get rid of this country club atmosphere at the FFD!!!

RodentiaX1
10-25-2006, 04:43 AM
There was a great game atmosphere at the Metrodome, and agreed, it had little to do with the Metrodome. When the new Gophers stadium opens up, few tears will be shed for the Metrodome. I could see I-A in maybe 10-15 years. Build the funding, build the demand, and make the move when Bison fans are wielding pitchforks and torches demanding I-A football. Then we'll see the NDSU-Minnesota football game being held in Fargo, where I am sure that there would be as many people as the Fire Marshall would allow.

RodentiaX1
10-25-2006, 04:54 AM
Someone, I don't remember if it was on this thread, mentioned the idea of playing a "neutral site" game at the Metrodome one of these days. Sounds like a good idea, I'm sure the people who run the Metrodome would be eager for it. the NSIC plays there, and I am sure that an NDSU game would outdraw the total of all the people who come to see the NSIC teams that play.

How big of a turnout do you think there would be if a game between NDSU and a well-known I-AA team were held at the Metrodome?

roadwarrior
10-25-2006, 04:59 AM
How big of a turnout do you think there would be if a game between NDSU and a well-known I-AA team were held at the Metrodome?

Smaller than the attendance would be for the same game at the Fargodome.

sambini
10-25-2006, 05:02 AM
++++++++++++

lakesbison
10-25-2006, 05:03 AM
appalichian state? youngstown st??

opener 07 at Metrodome.. I LOVE IT!

tell the other team (whole package deal, Mall of America, Vikings game next day perhaps?)

NDSUstudent
10-25-2006, 05:06 AM
Someone, I don't remember if it was on this thread, mentioned the idea of playing a "neutral site" game at the Metrodome one of these days. Sounds like a good idea, I'm sure the people who run the Metrodome would be eager for it. the NSIC plays there, and I am sure that an NDSU game would outdraw the total of all the people who come to see the NSIC teams that play.

Only one game would ever work in the Metrodome and it would be NDSU vs UNI. I think it would attract some attention and maybe draw between 30-35k, both UNI and NDSU are close to the Twin Cities and have plenty of alumni near by. Both are also solid I-AA programs, with the trouble in finding non-conference games maybe NDSU should look into doing something like that with UNI.

sambini
10-25-2006, 05:06 AM
FARGO DOME IS OUR HOME.

BisBison
10-25-2006, 05:10 AM
FARGO DOME IS OUR HOME.

++++++++++ ;D ;D

sambini
10-25-2006, 05:22 AM
LETS PACK THE PLACE FOR POLY+++++++++++++