PDA

View Full Version : Next Opponent: Youngstown State

b15on
11-10-2013, 12:57 AM
Penguins Fall to UNI On Final-Play Field Goal, 22-20 (http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2013-14/releases/20131109co3nxt)

Cedar Falls, Iowa - The No. 8 Youngstown State football team led 14-3 at halftime, but UNI clawed back and defeated the Penguins 22-20 on a last-play 34-yard field goal by Tyler Sievertsen as time expired on Saturday at the UNI-Dome.

The loss drops the Penguins to 8-2 overall and 5-1 in the Missouri Valley Football Conference. The Panthers snapped a five-game losing streak and are now 5-5 and 1-5. YSU had won six straight and eight consecutive MVFC games entering Saturday's game.

After floundering for the better part of the second half, YSU found some offensive rhythm in the fourth quarter. Trailing 19-14 with just under 10 minutes remaining, the Penguins took over at their own 22-yard line.

YSU briskly moved 78 yards in 13 plays and regained the lead when Kurt Hess scored from four yards out with 4:41 left. Leading 20-19, the Guins went for two, but a gimpy Hess had to throw the ball away keeping the contest at 20-19.

The Panthers took over with 4:41 left and used 14 plays to march to YSU's 17-yard line. With four seconds left, UNI called time out to set up Sievertsen's attempt. After two YSU timeouts, Sievertsen converted the kick handing the Guins their seventh straight defeat in the UNI-Dome dating back to 1999.

For the game, the Penguins had 320 yards of total offense while UNI had 380.

The Penguins return home to play host to top-ranked and unbeaten North Dakota State next Saturday at Stambaugh Stadium. Kickoff is set for 2 p.m.

BisonHorns
11-10-2013, 01:07 AM
3280 yards is a lot of offense! I am shocked they had to win with a field goal.

MN_Moose
11-10-2013, 02:59 AM
Be advised Bison faithful. If you go into no huddle hurry up offense, Youngstown State will have an injury on every first down you gain. They used this technique against UNI to gain timeout and re-group. Not Stephen F. Austin type feigning but, it did happen.

northerniowadave
11-10-2013, 03:04 AM
The only team that could beat NDSU next weekend is NDSU. Youngstown cannot play defense. Offensively, the only way they could hurt NDSU is if they actually let Hess pass downfield. But no, they are a dink and dunk team and probably won't pursue that.

letsgoguins
11-10-2013, 04:02 AM
The only team that could beat NDSU next weekend is NDSU. Youngstown cannot play defense. Offensively, the only way they could hurt NDSU is if they actually let Hess pass downfield. But no, they are a dink and dunk team and probably won't pursue that.
Our offense will be able to keep up, but our defense still is too weak to be an elite FCS team. Still should be a dandy at YSU next week!

17>1
11-10-2013, 06:22 AM
Personally, this game scares me much less than it did a week or two ago. Not minimizing the fact it will be a tough hard nosed Valley opponent, but I think it's becoming pretty evident that this Bison team will find a way to win every game they play this year. YSU isn't who we thought they were after what happened today in Iowa. I think this loss puts doubt in their mind that they can beat us, and that's right where the Bison want them. They may come out and give us their "best shot" in the first half, and the Bison go all Muhammed Ali on them and do a little rope-a-dope for a bit. But then the second half comes around and we knock them down and out. Go Bison!!

A1pigskin
11-10-2013, 01:38 PM
It's good that the Bison play better on the road because they will need to. I have confidence NDSU will get a win.

bandit218
11-10-2013, 01:50 PM
The last two seasons the Bison were beaten by teams they overlooked. This team is too smart to overlook the MVC title game. I think this will be a good game, against a quality team, to see how the D changes without Olson. I just hope they keep broadcasting the games in Missoula.

gumby013
11-10-2013, 01:55 PM
I saw some comments that Kurt Hess was dinged up in the UNI game. Anyone know if it was anything serious?

letsgoguins
11-10-2013, 02:00 PM
I saw some comments that Kurt Hess was dinged up in the UNI game. Anyone know if it was anything serious?

He got dinged up on the go-ahead-touchdown, but he is fine. YSU will be ready for this monster of a game!

Stop by the tailgates if you are coming in! The lots should be filled! Weather looks great!

td577
11-10-2013, 02:09 PM
The last two seasons the Bison were beaten by teams they overlooked. This team is too smart to overlook the MVC title game. I think this will be a good game, against a quality team, to see how the D changes without Olson. I just hope they keep broadcasting the games in Missoula.

I had the feeling of the Bison were going to lose any game, yesterday could have been the day. That had tap written all over it. The one thing the Bison have shown is that even when they are having a bad game, three other team needs the perfect storm to come out with the win.

I expect a close game for two and a half quarters and then the Bison will get back to grinding it out.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
11-10-2013, 02:13 PM
I had the feeling of the Bison were going to lose any game, yesterday could have been the day. That had tap written all over it. The one thing the Bison have shown is that even when they are having a bad game, three other team needs the perfect storm to come out with the win.

I expect a close game for two and a half quarters and then the Bison will get back to grinding it out.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I think if anything, this demonstrates the "other level" on which this team is operating. They can do everything they can do give the game away but it just doesn't happen.

tony
11-10-2013, 03:09 PM
I wish YSU hadn't lost.

NDSUstudent
11-10-2013, 04:19 PM
If YSU had won Gameday would have likely been there...

Yes. #Youngstown State, hosting @NDSUathletics was in the mix for @CollegeGameDay this week, until they lost last night. Next time.

https://twitter.com/leefitting/status/399537378148515840

@IanWTanner @leefitting @DesmondHoward @KirkHerbstreit couldn't convince? The loss yesterday is what doomed it. YSU WAS front and center.

https://twitter.com/cbfowler/status/399543379748737024

Bisonwinagn
11-10-2013, 10:54 PM
Personally, this game scares me much less than it did a week or two ago. Not minimizing the fact it will be a tough hard nosed Valley opponent, but I think it's becoming pretty evident that this Bison team will find a way to win every game they play this year. YSU isn't who we thought they were after what happened today in Iowa. I think this loss puts doubt in their mind that they can beat us, and that's right where the Bison want them. They may come out and give us their "best shot" in the first half, and the Bison go all Muhammed Ali on them and do a little rope-a-dope for a bit. But then the second half comes around and we knock them down and out. Go Bison!!

I think they are who we thought they were...That's a team that is about equal or slightly better than SIU, USD, and UNI. I expect them to play their best game this week, but if they play the same as they have the past two weeks the Bison should win comfortably similar to SIU 31-10.

Tatanka
11-10-2013, 11:11 PM
I'm not quite ready to put this one in the "comfortable win" column for the Bison... I still think Bison victory but not blowout style unless a lot of things go right.

AjaxTheMighty
11-10-2013, 11:12 PM
How good and fiendish does UNI feel right now? Taking the penguins out of a tie for first and ruining what is likely their only shot at Gameday!

AjaxTheMighty
11-10-2013, 11:15 PM
I'm not quite ready to put this one in the "comfortable win" column for the Bison... I still think Bison victory but not blowout style unless a lot of things go right.

It's a road game. I feel much better about those than home games that's for sure. Bison win this one similarly to SIU I think.

tjbison
11-11-2013, 01:19 AM
I'm nervous, especially if Beck and Williams are still hurt

we need smith Back also

I really hate to say this but we are 1 defensive injury away from problems especially in the LB core

Tatanka
11-11-2013, 01:22 AM
I'm nervous, especially if Beck and Williams are still hurt

we need smith Back also
I really hate to say this but we are 1 defensive injury away from problems especially in the LB core

Williams would have been back in if it was a playoff game. Bohl said on the coaches show he'll be ok.
Beck, I'm not sure how he's medically able to do what he does...
Smith, again Bohl said he'll be back for YSU.

NDSUFan_Sav
11-11-2013, 01:47 AM
Williams would have been back in if it was a playoff game. Bohl said on the coaches show he'll be ok.
Beck, I'm not sure how he's medically able to do what he does...
Smith, again Bohl said he'll be back for YSU.

I don't think he's human but the dude is extremely hungry and giving it his all that's for sure.

BisonHorns
11-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Youngstowns local newspaper is vindy.com and it has some interesting articles and may give some insight throughout the week.

TransAmBison
11-11-2013, 12:58 PM
I don't think he's human but the dude is extremely hungry and giving it his all that's for sure.He's more machine than man now...

daddy daycare
11-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Can't wait.

letsgoguins how many beers you have for me?

G_Funky
11-11-2013, 02:35 PM
I wish YSU hadn't lost.

I'm with you. Although it all but guarantees NDSU will have a share of the Valley (unless USD has some wild trick(s) up their sleeve) but I think the build up to the game would have been pretty gnarly if both teams were undefeated in conference play.

CAS4127
11-11-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm with you. Although it all but guarantees NDSU will have a share of the Valley (unless USD has some wild trick(s) up their sleeve) but I think the build up to the game would have been pretty gnarly if both teams were undefeated in conference play.

Meh, we'll handle them just fine!

G_Funky
11-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Oh, this I don't doubt...just would have been a pretty sweet build up...however when the team one cheers for goes out and performs like the Bison do, it doesn't take much to get amped for game day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

EC8CH
11-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Meh, we'll handle them just fine!

I think the Bison will be pretty dominating on offense this game. YSU's defense has been less than impressive the games I've seen this year.

With a healthy O-Line, Vraa catching the deep ball, and Smith back... YSU's D has their hands full.

Bison 4 Life
11-11-2013, 04:27 PM
I think the Bison will be pretty dominating on offense this game. YSU's defense has been less than impressive the games I've seen this year.

With a healthy O-Line, Vraa catching the deep ball, and Smith back... YSU's D has their hands full.

Mark Mangino is not only a former Kansas coach but a K State assistant coach

Eric Wofford played for Mangino at K State and later coached there too.

I'm feeling a lot of mojo here.

bisonmike2
11-11-2013, 05:09 PM

Nothing against Vraa and Jensen, but I'd rather see more of Crockett and Ojuri this game than Brock chucking it downfield to Vraa.

semobison
11-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Nothing against Vraa and Jensen, but I'd rather see more of Crockett and Ojuri this game than Brock chucking it downfield to Vraa.

The great thing about having a balanced offense is that we will take what the defense gives us. ISUR was playing press man the 1st half, crowding the box. The O line gave Brock great protection. He and Vraa were playing catch! We took what they gave us.

heffray
11-11-2013, 05:29 PM

Yes. Yep. Mmhm. Yeah.

bruinbison
11-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Penguins' playoff hopes take a hit

"This is the kind of loss that can help you. It gets you focused. Unfortunately, you've got the best team in the country coming to your place next week."

As I mentioned in my story in Sunday's paper, the Penguins were in a similar situation in 2011, losing 21-17 in Cedar Falls before beating North Dakota State the following week.......

http://www.vindy.com/weblogs/penguin-insider/2013/nov/09/penguins-playoff-hopes-take-hit/

bisonmike2
11-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Penguins' playoff hopes take a hit

http://www.vindy.com/weblogs/penguin-insider/2013/nov/09/penguins-playoff-hopes-take-hit/

Looks like they may have some honorary bisonville fans over there. From the comments.

It is what it is, we'll have to settle for no playoffs again this year..

Hammerhead
11-12-2013, 08:40 PM
the ESPN Gameplan schedule looks full for the early games so those of us outside N.D. are stuck with espn3 or gobison.com.

Mayville Bison
11-12-2013, 09:05 PM
the ESPN Gameplan schedule looks full for the early games so those of us outside N.D. are stuck with espn3 or gobison.com.

I thought if Gameplan didn't pick it up it was a good thing because then e3 would be in hi-def?

gumby013
11-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Presser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wnCh5yfhEs

HerdBot
11-12-2013, 09:16 PM
I think they are who we thought they were...That's a team that is about equal or slightly better than SIU, USD, and UNI. I expect them to play their best game this week, but if they play the same as they have the past two weeks the Bison should win comfortably similar to SIU 31-10.

The Penguins are who we thought they were, and we wont let em off the hook! If you wanna crown em...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/307/871/theyarewhowethoughttheywere_display_image.jpg?1279 762382

Bison 4 Life
11-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Presser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wnCh5yfhEs

Sure sounds like he wants NDSU to get the hell out of his conference.

gumby013
11-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Sure sounds like he wants NDSU to get the hell out of his conference.

Big change from last year when he seemed to be making a pitch to be our recruiting coordinator.

http://youtu.be/_ptjq6ScvBQ?t=15m8s

coloradobison
11-12-2013, 09:34 PM
you know. it's gonna be. you know. a good game. you know. they are. you know. a good team. you know. and we are. you know. a good team. you know.

SafeTeeJ
11-12-2013, 09:35 PM
never heard someone stop their sentences so abruptly....EVERY sentence. ya know?

anyone got links to YSU football games this year?

Bison 4 Life
11-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Big change from last year when he seemed to be making a pitch to be our recruiting coordinator.

http://youtu.be/_ptjq6ScvBQ?t=15m8s

I think the word we're looking for is "effusive"

Bison 4 Life
11-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Holy crap, are they kidding?

Credit to @BisoNation for this nugget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXgVKP8oW8s

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-13-2013, 01:45 AM
This should be a good game. Defense has to play great. Will be a challenge with Williams and Olson out. Could get interesting.

CAS4127
11-13-2013, 01:49 AM
This should be a good game. Defense has to play great. Will be a challenge with Williams and Olson out. Could get interesting.

We will handle them easily. 14-0 after first qtr. and we maintain and control from there on out.

Mark it!!

letsgoguins
11-13-2013, 02:07 AM
Just out...

@DanaBalash21: @21WFMJSports Jim Tressel expects to address YSU Football team Friday, on eve of North Dakota State game.

BisonFan02
11-13-2013, 02:11 AM
Just out...

@DanaBalash21: @21WFMJSports Jim Tressel expects to address YSU Football team Friday, on eve of North Dakota State game.

Nice. Are you guys going to put up a Jim Tressel statue too? Fireworks as well?

tjbison
11-13-2013, 02:18 AM
Just out...

Hope it's not about doing things by the book, and following rules

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-13-2013, 02:19 AM
Just out...

Is he going to tell/show you how to cover up NCAA violations?

StL Bison Fan
11-13-2013, 02:22 AM
Nice. Are you guys going to put up a Jim Tressel statue too? Fireworks as well?

Maybe they will pass out tattoos...
I guess you can go home again.

BisonFan02
11-13-2013, 02:26 AM
Maybe they will pass out tattoos...
I guess you can go home again.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOP-_WLoUqnorpiF2sE3fzGTBXahd3bQXAzAvdhUTRY6pSm8qGzQ

StL Bison Fan
11-13-2013, 02:29 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOP-_WLoUqnorpiF2sE3fzGTBXahd3bQXAzAvdhUTRY6pSm8qGzQ

Players: Trade your NCAA stuff for free tattoos. Coach loses (or looses) job. Coach gets honored at first school he screwed up at.

BisonFan02
11-13-2013, 02:32 AM
Trade your NCAA stuff for free tattoos. Coach loses (or looses) job. Coach gets honored at first school he screwed up at.

Haha, oh yeah! I must be out of it today.

StL Bison Fan
11-13-2013, 02:33 AM
Haha, oh yeah! I must be out of it today.

Apparently, Youngstown forgot also. But you aren't throwing a party for him.

BlueBisonRock
11-13-2013, 03:13 AM
Just out...

Suppose Coach Bohl could have Rocky drive over and say hi to the team?

Green1
11-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Apparently, Youngstown forgot also. But you aren't throwing a party for him.

Isn't that the truth! Remember the titles but conveniently forget the cheating that went on to get them.

MNLonghorn10
11-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Penguins will wear their new Nike pro combat sweater vest jerseys and win with ease.

Ysu 52
ndsu 10

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

bisonmike2
11-13-2013, 05:32 PM
the biggest difference between NDSU and everyone else in the country is the Bison seem to play their best in the biggest moments.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2013/nov/13/ysu-has-respect-not-reverence-for-ndsu/?newswatch

Bison 4 Life
11-13-2013, 06:06 PM
Damn, they LOVE that 2011 win. The one where DJ fumbled a TD that would have put NDSU up for good.

bisonmike2
11-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Damn, they LOVE that 2011 win. The one where DJ fumbled a TD that would have put NDSU up for good.

Good point, I forgot about that one. That was where he was untouched and heading toward the endzone when he just dropped the ball for no reason, right?

Bison 4 Life
11-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Good point, I forgot about that one. That was where he was untouched and heading toward the endzone when he just dropped the ball for no reason, right?

Yep They talk about last years game like they lost it instead of NDSU winning it but 2011 like they beat us.

twinterfun
11-13-2013, 08:24 PM
DJ's fumble happened right in front of us. Crazy, didn't even get touched and ball basically just fell out of his grip. If he doesn't drop that ball, another 7 and the Bison win that game easy in my mind.

Mr. Burgundy
11-13-2013, 08:32 PM
we will run it down their throats this weekend. Control the TOP and we dominate. Comfortable victory. 28-10.

Bison 4 Life
11-13-2013, 08:41 PM
we will run it down their throats this weekend. Control the TOP and we dominate. Comfortable victory. 28-10.

That's my impression. Comfortable. Somewhere between YSU last year and SIU/ISUr this year

BisonNation11
11-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Looked at some season stats and as long as we control their run game, this should be a game where we put them away easily. UNI held them well under their season average rushing despite being without their starting MLB so we should have no problem with this. Plus the way that USD ran the ball all over them, we should have no problem doing the same if not better. The rocket and Ojuri should have big days each with the Rams really finding their stride after halftime. Should be a fun game to watch Coach Wolford afterwards in his presser.

Hammerhead
11-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Think he'll be crying into Jim Tressel's sweater vest?

Should be a fun game to watch Coach Wolford afterwards in his presser.

BisonNation11
11-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Think he'll be crying into Jim Tressel's sweater vest?

I think he'll definitely make his water bottle explode... Some Farley has never accomplished :biggrin:

I honestly think the Herd's worst game of the season is behind them. I mean they'd really have to beat themselves to lose this one. And granted, anything is possible, I just feel like the boys will be amped up to prove they can play without Grant and keep winning for/with him. Plus the whole road record thing...

CarringtonBison
11-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Good guys 35
Bad guys 21

aces1180
11-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Bison - 31
YSU - 20

CAS4127
11-14-2013, 09:11 PM
Good guys 35
Bad guys 21

Bison - 31
YSU - 20

We ain't giving up that many points:

31 NDSU

10 or so YSU

Binford30
11-14-2013, 09:43 PM
I keep wondering the same thing? (why people keep predicting they will score in 20's) I for one will be shocked if they score 20 points!

Gastropub
11-14-2013, 10:45 PM
KVLY filming Bison pregame segments tonight 7pm at the Gastropub. We'll have Brian Shawn, Jamal Spencer, Steve Walker, Kevin Feeney, and Sean Frederick--in case anyone wants to come and crash it...

westnodak93bison
11-14-2013, 10:58 PM
KVLY filming Bison pregame segments tonight 7pm at the Gastropub. We'll have Brian Shawn, Jamal Spencer, Steve Walker, Kevin Feeney, and Sean Frederick--in case anyone wants to come and crash it...

Nice. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Bisonwinagn
11-15-2013, 01:28 AM
I think YSU is similar to SIU so expect a similar score. NDSU 38-16

letsgoguins
11-15-2013, 01:41 AM
I keep wondering the same thing? (why people keep predicting they will score in 20's) I for one will be shocked if they score 20 points!

We average 37.5 ppg, good for #1 in the Valley. That could be why.

Gully
11-15-2013, 01:56 AM

Well, Sam Houston averaged a billion everything the last two years....until they played NDSU.

Bison 4 Life
11-15-2013, 01:56 AM

Lots of 30+ ppg scoring teams have trouble against this team.

I'm saying something like 31-10.

tjbison
11-15-2013, 01:59 AM

and we are only allowing 12.2

tony
11-15-2013, 02:01 AM

And the Penguin's lowest point total of the year was the 17 they put up on Michigan State, but that is 8 more points than the Spartans have given up to their last three Big 10 opponents combined.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-15-2013, 02:13 AM
We ain't giving up that many points:

31 NDSU

10 or so YSU

Even with Olson and Williams out?

Bison 4 Life
11-15-2013, 02:31 AM
Even with Olson and Williams out?

Yes. If you ask me, CJ Smith has looked really good on pass coverage and CLJ was a beast last week.

17>1
11-15-2013, 02:45 AM
Bison 34
Penguins 13

Tatanka
11-15-2013, 02:56 AM
Bison 30 oswald Chesterfield cobblepot 24

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

Bison Gal
11-15-2013, 12:27 PM
Bison D makes a statement this first game with GO on sidelines that the strength of the Bison is the herd by holding #1 Valley offense to season low score.

Bison - 31
Penguins - 17

Bisonator98
11-15-2013, 01:56 PM
27-13 go bison!!!

X-Factor
11-15-2013, 01:59 PM
45-7
This one will get ugly folks. Wentz in for entire 4th Q

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

runtheoption
11-15-2013, 02:12 PM
45-7
This one will get ugly folks. Wentz in for entire 4th Q
Exact same prediction I have. I would say something about brilliant minds, but I don't want to insult you.

gumby013
11-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Artiodactyla
Family: Bovidae
Subfamily: Bovinae
Genus: Bison
Species: B. bison

Class: Aves
Order: Sphenisciformes
Family: Spheniscidae
Genus: Aptenodytes
Species: A. forsteri

HerdBot
11-15-2013, 02:30 PM
It will be decided by 1 score. Ndsu 24 Ysu 20

NDSUSR
11-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Class: Mammalia
Order: Artiodactyla
Family: Bovidae
Subfamily: Bovinae
Genus: Bison
Species: B. bison

Class: Aves
Order: Sphenisciformes
Family: Spheniscidae
Genus: Aptenodytes
Species: A. forsteri

King Phillip came over for good spaghetti

runtheoption
11-15-2013, 02:43 PM
It will be decided by 1 score. Ndsu 24 Ysu 20 I think NDSU scores the go ahead TD the 1st time they have the ball.

BISONBRI53
11-15-2013, 08:42 PM
38-14 Late TD by them.

bri-dog
11-15-2013, 10:38 PM
Sitting at a bar at the Denver airport waiting for my flight to Pittsburgh...

Bison Gal
11-15-2013, 10:50 PM
Sitting at a bar at the Denver airport waiting for my flight to Pittsburgh...
Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Did you get carded like 75Nova? :)

bri-dog
11-15-2013, 11:37 PM
WTF. A flight with two male flight attendants? At least the douchy guy that was supposed to sit next to me moved to an open row so I have 2 seats. I guess he thought I looked douchy too. :)

CAS4127
11-15-2013, 11:41 PM
WTF. A flight with two male flight attendants? At least the douchy guy that was supposed to sit next to me moved to an open row so I have 2 seats. I guess he thought I looked douchy too. :)

First belly laugh of the day for me!!

Thanks, Bri!

Some things just register funny too me!

Still LMAO!!

A1pigskin
11-16-2013, 12:34 AM
[QUOTE=bri-dog;791043]WTF. A flight with two male flight attendants? At least the douchy guy that was supposed to sit next to me moved to an open row so I have 2 seats. I guess he thought I looked douchy too. :)

Maybe they are married.

bruinbison
11-16-2013, 02:43 AM
YSU coach Eric Wolford has been quick to remind people that the Penguins beat NDSU in 2011, and should have won in 2010 when the Penguins took a one-point lead with 51 seconds left, only to give up a touchdown pass 17 seconds later.

The Penguins have made no secret of their irritation over having to play at the Fargodome in back-to-back years, a scheduling quirk that came from adding South Dakota to the conference last season.

“It’s good to finally get them at home,” Elkins said. “They have a nice field and it’s nice playing there but we’re happy to be playing back here.”

http://www.vindy.com/news/2013/nov/13/ysu-has-respect-not-reverence-for-ndsu/?newswatch

And a very complimentary article on Coach Bohl and NDSU..........
heck, they even compare NDSU to The Ohio State University :)

The Bison — the locals pronounce it BYE-zun, the FCS equivalent of insisting it’s “The” Ohio State University — can become just the second FCS team to win three state national titles, joining Appalachian State (2005-07).

http://www.vindy.com/news/2013/nov/14/ndsus-bohl-is-on-a-roll-in-mvfc/?newswatch

Ferd
11-16-2013, 03:03 AM
[QUOTE=bri-dog;791043]WTF. A flight with two male flight attendants? At least the douchy guy that was supposed to sit next to me moved to an open row so I have 2 seats. I guess he thought I looked douchy too. :)

Maybe they are married.

To each other?

CAS4127
11-16-2013, 03:28 AM
CAS in game day mode!! We will win!! I feel it. We will run the table this year! Guins will be asking "what happened" after the game!!

Let's go!!

17>1
11-16-2013, 03:39 AM
This^

I'm feeling it too. Every game we've had this year where maybe I had a slight fear or some anxiety about a potential loss, the Bison just come out and continue to do what we've been doing for the last couple of years. And that's methodically wear the other team out and impose our will defensively. I just feel in spite of a couple of injuries, that we'll maintain our focus and continue to dominate. Go Bison!!

CAS4127
11-16-2013, 03:41 AM
This^

I'm feeling it too. Every game we've had this year where maybe I had a slight fear or some anxiety about a potential loss, the Bison just come out and continue to do what we've been doing for the last couple of years. And that's methodically wear the other team out and impose our will defensively. I just feel in spite of a couple of injuries, that we'll maintain our focus and continue to dominate. Go Bison!!

Agree!! Can't wait for GDT!! Let's party, and I bet players are feeling the same!

We are NDSU!!

bri-dog
11-16-2013, 03:52 AM
We are sitting in the hotel lounge in Pittsburgh. Can't wait til morning!

CAS4127
11-16-2013, 03:56 AM
We are sitting in the hotel lounge in Pittsburgh. Can't wait til morning!

Male bartenders?!?? LMAO still. Maybe it's cuz I know you!!