PDA

View Full Version : Attendance 62,845!

tcbison
10-22-2006, 01:22 AM
Awesome attendance! I wonder how many were Bison fans. From where I was sitting there was a ton of green.

Hammerhead
10-22-2006, 02:08 AM
From the TV broadcast, the Bison fans sounded louder than the Gopher fans.

BisonMav
10-22-2006, 03:53 AM
Largest crowd to ever watch a Bison game :) 8-)

roadwarrior
10-22-2006, 04:24 AM
Can we bring this back to the Fargodome?

Nearly 63,000 fans showed for the first game against North Dakota State in nearly 70 years. Even though the Bison fans were outnumbered by about 5-to-1, they were far more vocal. NDSU fans stood and cheered throughout the game and Gopher fans were largely quiet as church mice.

sambini
10-22-2006, 04:32 AM
THAT WAS AWESOME+++++++++++++++++++

broke_back_mnt
10-22-2006, 06:57 AM
We lost.

Gully
10-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Yes, we lost but I agree with Road.....we need that atmosphere in the FFD. The folks in Minneapolis were true fans on Saturday.....even the old people cheered.

tony
10-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Yeah, we really need that crowd from yesterday to show up at the FargoDome - even if it's just the "Let's go Bison" deal. It was LOUD on every single one of their third and fourth downs.

Sure, we may not get our voices back until Wednesday, but it must have been nice for the fellas to play in front of a live crowd rather than 14000 carbon copies of Rodin's The Thinker. Anyway, one tip I've learned is this: Warm up your voice (you'll still probably lose your voice but I you'll last a lot longer).

I actually thought there'd be more Bison there and fewer Gopher fans... that was a big crowd amd it looked like NDSU only took over one corner. There were plenty of Bison fans in section 100 though. I'd estimate that NDSU had 12 to 14,000 there.

broke_back_mnt
10-22-2006, 02:10 PM
We pulled into a lot about a block from the Metrodome and setup shop there. *It was full of Gopher fans and some BISON. *It was a lot of fun. *The Gophers parked next to us had all kinds of local connections to Fargo and Willmar. *We had a blast. *The Gopher band unloaded at the lot and broke into a couple of small groups that played in front of the Gopher fans as they yelled some traditional and rather raunchy cheers. *There was a 20 foot high beer bong that the boys had set up and I took a hit with 3 Gophers. *It was fun, good natured and great football. *After the game I walked around the Metrodome visiting with the Gopher loyals. *They are a great bunch.

Oh yea, one guy mentioned that somebody flew all the way in from Amsterdam! Wonder who that was?

roadwarrior
10-22-2006, 02:47 PM
The sound in the Metrodome travels in strange ways, but my sister was on the field taking pictures and she said that the noise coming from the Bison fans was definitely loud.

Shawn-O
10-22-2006, 02:51 PM
The Bison crowd caused a Gopher false start, I think it was in the third quarter. A visiting crowd affecting the home team's signal calling...incredible.

Gully
10-22-2006, 02:53 PM
It really was loud, I kept looking around just enjoying the amount of green and the noise level. I think I smiled the entire game.

roadwarrior
10-22-2006, 03:01 PM
I saw people that I know on their feet yelling and waving their arms to get the crowd on their feet yesterday, that at home just basically sit and watch :-?

Jeffdaryl3rd
10-22-2006, 03:04 PM
Towards the end of the game the Dome was rockin' to the chant "Let's Go Bison" while stunned Gopher fans stood around with shocked looks on their faces. *There were quite a few empty seats because Iowa fans were required to purchase tickets for this game to get tickets for the Iowa game. *Still, Minnesota got outplayed at home in front of a crowd that was cheering for the visiting team and having grown up a Gopher fan it was kind of pathetic.

roadwarrior
10-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Will we be able to get even MORE Bison fans at the game next year?

No_Skill
10-22-2006, 03:22 PM
If we start 6-0 again...Hell Yes

broke_back_mnt
10-22-2006, 03:48 PM
If you put that game in the Fabulous Fargo Dome it would have been just as loud and rowdy. Our problem in Fargo is the fact that there is rarely a game thats close. As a result it is quiet and somewhat complacent. Ten years of DII routes has evolved that atmosphere.

The crowd grew stronger and louder as the game wore on because it was exciting and close. Thats just the opposite of the FFD. Starts loud but by the half, or earlier, its usually over and the crowd is out of it because the excitement and drama of the game has already unfolded and the outcome is usually no longer in doubt.

WYOBISONMAN
10-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Will we be able to get even MORE Bison fans at the game next year?

Next year.......I'll make the trip......so add one more to the total!

westriverbison
10-22-2006, 06:40 PM
I think next year there will be a lot more BISON fans at the game. I was at a wedding last night in western ND. At least 20 people said they will be in the dome next year. I think we'll see if we can get a charter bus, make the trip down safer and rest on the ride home.

chuckles
10-22-2006, 06:44 PM
The NDSU fans made that game exciting. I was in section 139 (corner of the end zone) and we were rockin all four quarters! I think I found the key as well as to getting the "living dead" into the game, but not sure how to work it in the Fargodome. I was sitting in a row next to an older man and his wife, and behind us were some intoxicated (yes this would help the crowd in Fargo as well, but I won't go there) middle aged guys and infront were some more college students. Right at the beginning of the game we (the "younger" crowd) were standing and yelling and this couple was trying to get the students in front of them to sit down, and were talking about moving to some open seats in the next section. HOWEVER, as the game went on, the influence of myself and the others around them got them excited as well. They would stand up, yell, cheer, high-five back and forth, it was great. It was like they were re-living their college days. It was a blast.

They chose to make the game fun for themselves. They could have sat there and been crabby all game, but why? Instead they gave in and had the time of their lives (and this guy was prolly about 60)!! We need this is Fargo!!!!

Few other comments from the game...

**Kudos to the fan in section in 140 who in about the 3rd Quarter started the best cheer-- Chubs Pub...clap clap..Chubs Pub...clap..clap... It was great!!

**I also loved how the minneapolis police continued to grow as the end of the game drew near! Before that field goal everyone of them were huddled around the goal post with tazers in hand.

I have a few pictures I will post a little later. For those that didn't make it mark your calendars next year Oct. 20th, it was honestly the best game i've attended in my life. Thanks bison for a great game (we all know you were the winners (Sid even said so!)) and thanks to all the fans!!

virgfoss
10-22-2006, 07:42 PM
**Kudos to the fan in section in 140 who in about the 3rd Quarter started the best cheer-- Chubs Pub...clap clap..Chubs Pub...clap..clap... It was great!!

Glen Mason thought they were saying Fire Chubs Pub and summoned the Gold Star Band to begin playing.

Mr._Bill
10-22-2006, 09:14 PM
If Montana/MT St./UNI/etc. came to the FFD, this atmosphere would be repeated. The fans need a team and a reason to be passionate. Yesterday's game was the most I have every yelled in my days as a bison fan. MVSU and Nor'Easter did not do the same for me.

scottheck
10-22-2006, 10:42 PM
I had almost no voice last night and still hoarse today. Hasn't happened since college... :D

BizonLady
10-22-2006, 11:36 PM
If Montana/MT St./UNI/etc. came to the FFD, this atmosphere would be repeated. *The fans need a team and a reason to be passionate. *Yesterday's game was the most I have every yelled in my days as a bison fan. *MVSU and Nor'Easter did not do the same for me.

My husband and I have been to all the home games (we go whover is trying to take a win away from our BISON!!) *On Bison, I do agree with you somewhat, but given what Bison fans saw this weekend. *I would think the having one of the best football teams in the country would be reason enough to head out to the Fargodome! *Let's get passionate about OUR team! *CAL-Poly and SDSU, do they give you are reason to be passionate?? *I don't get into the x and o's but do will these game have conference title implications? *I took advantage of our 4 hour car ride home to convince my husband to wait to kill bambi on Sunday. *We will both be at the Cal-Poly game. *Our boys deserve a sell out sooner or later don't they? *Any other deer hunting widows out there? *Tell your husbands to stay home and cheer on the Bison!!!

roadwarrior
10-23-2006, 01:34 AM
I took advantage of our 4 hour car ride home to convince my husband to wait to kill bambi on Sunday.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] for BizonLady!

roadwarrior
10-23-2006, 01:35 AM
I am wondering if anyone bought tickets from a scalper on the street just before the game and how much they paid?

Bisonguy
10-23-2006, 01:53 AM
I am wondering if anyone bought tickets from a scalper on the street just before the game and how much they paid?

I tried selling two of my tickets in section 225 to a scalper, but he passed. :-/

lakesbison
10-23-2006, 01:56 AM
I sold 2 seats in section 134 row 11 for $50 each at Huberts, lots of scalpers, and most were asking more for lower levels, but face value for everything else.

TAILG8R
10-23-2006, 01:58 AM
We had excellent seats in section 136 row 5. I don't think any of us sat down more than a few times during the entire game.

I had more than one Bison fan apporach me after the game and thank us for keeping them going all game long.

Too much excitement to even try to type here ... can't wait until next year!!!!!

IowaBison
10-23-2006, 02:48 AM

I sold four extras for $30, two in the NDSU section and two in the Upper Deck endzone.

Trimmy
10-23-2006, 03:16 AM
They are saying Wisonsin tickets will be sold with NDSU next year? I wonder if that will happen.

roadwarrior
10-23-2006, 03:44 AM
They are saying Wisonsin tickets will be sold with NDSU next year? *I wonder if that will happen.

That would not make sense. They were thinking that there would be no interest in the NDSU game this year and that is why our game was added to the Iowa game. Instead, they should add one of the MAC games next season as a requirement for the Wisconsin game.

I think we proved to them that NDSU is going to draw fans without that ridiculous ticket policy.

Trimmy
10-23-2006, 03:59 AM
I think you are right. It seems any thoughts of that should be dashed by the NDSU showing on Saturday. It was kind of annoying hearing on radio today that there would have been so many fewer people there if it wasn't for the Iowa combo-pack.

roadwarrior
10-23-2006, 04:08 AM
Gophers 2006 attendance:

Temple - 45,612
Michigan - 50,805
Penn State - 45,227
NDSU - 62,845

Trimmy
10-23-2006, 04:09 AM
Oh yeah, that's an F'n cool stat!

max_cool
10-23-2006, 04:49 AM
Gophers 2006 attendance:

Temple - 45,612
Michigan - 50,805
Penn State - 45,227
NDSU - 62,845

and NDSU just became a regular on the MN football schedule ;D

Of course I don't mean every year, but more than once in 70 years or however long it's been.

BisonBacker
10-23-2006, 04:51 AM
Gophers 2006 attendance:

Temple - 45,612
Michigan - 50,805
Penn State - 45,227
NDSU - 62,845
I don't see any other Regional DI-AA team getting those kinds of numbers. I think there would be great interest in SDSU but 62k? Guess time will tell as SDSU will be on their schedule I believe if they are not already.

Jeffdaryl3rd
10-23-2006, 01:15 PM
If the game next year is packaged with a game against a MAC team or some other similar team, there might be a few fewer tickets sold to the game, but I'd be willing to wager that there would probably be more people actually inside the game because more tickets would be available to NDSU fans who are actually going to show up to the game.

RedRiver
10-23-2006, 01:20 PM
They are saying Wisonsin tickets will be sold with NDSU next year? *I wonder if that will happen.

They mentioned the same thing on the Sports Huddle yesterday morning. That SU's game would be paired with the Badgers. There is no doubt that next years game will bring even more SU fans after the great time everyone had this year.

Jeffdaryl3rd
10-23-2006, 01:26 PM
The game will be sold out next year if they pair it with the Wisconsin game. Gophers/Badgers is a huge rivalry game (I would argue bigger than the Iowa game) and increased Bison support after this game, I'd say sold out easily.

imported_admin
10-23-2006, 01:47 PM
Just for the record, I thought I heard that only 5,000 tickets were sold as part of that Iowa-NDSU package deal.

I sure hope they don't bundle NDSU and the Badgers like that... it doesn't seem to make sense. Oh well, I will probably be getting a block of tickets again.

Trimmy
10-23-2006, 02:14 PM
This is for the people who spelled out "Feel the Thunder": *I could see you loud and clear from 236. *I'm sure the whole Dome could. *Nice work. *Oh yeah, I noticed also that some people did manage to get some Cowbell-type toys in. *Nice work to you too!

74BisonFan
10-23-2006, 02:26 PM
The big question is; can we(will we be allowed) to bring the excitement, intensity the STANDING for 50 minutes out of 60 minutes to our last two home games?

Bisonfan1
10-23-2006, 02:30 PM
This is for the people who spelled out "Feel the Thunder": *I could see you loud and clear from 236. *I'm sure the whole Dome could. *Nice work. *Oh yeah, I noticed also that some people did manage to get some Cowbell-type toys in. *Nice work to you too!

That was excellent. We got a pon -pom confiscated at the door, a stick, searched, open jacket etc. How they missed the cowbells Ill never know. MORE COWBELLS !!!

roadwarrior
10-23-2006, 02:43 PM
I heard the reporter guys mentioning that our game would be paired with Wisconsin next year too, but what do they know?

It definitely makes the most sense to let our game stand on its own. *

Bison53
10-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Was the reason for empty seats because of Iowa no shows?
If there was 20k bison fans this year, there will be 25k next year.

IowaBison
10-23-2006, 02:51 PM
It sure does.

All 50 of the tickets I helped get for friends and family came from a Hawkeye fan.

Trimmy
10-23-2006, 02:58 PM
You know, by the time the 4th quarter rolled around, I didn't think there were that many empty seats left. I was a bit pre-occupied with the action on the field, so I didn't dwell on it too much.

Jeffdaryl3rd
10-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Agreed. Minnesota would benefit from doing so. The Wisconsin game is going to sell a ton of tickets on its own, and by not pairing the NDSU game to it, they are still going to sell a lot of tickets, but they'll get more actual bodies into the seats, which means more concession and other related dollars coming in.

RedRiver
10-23-2006, 05:55 PM
I'm sure the U of M athletic department will consider the outstanding crowd and Bison contingent this weekend before making a final decision. There will probably be even more Bison fans next year.

lakesbison
10-23-2006, 08:14 PM
They'd be idoitic to pair NDSU again with another team.

Next Year:

Mac team
Miami OH
Purdue
Ohio State
NDSU
Illinois
Wisconsin

They can sell out OSU, NDSU, WISC.

I'd pair Wisconsin with Miami or Mac Team. if I was them!

Bisonguy
10-23-2006, 10:11 PM
I heard the reporter guys mentioning that our game would be paired with Wisconsin next year too, but what do they know?

It definitely makes the most sense to let our game stand on its own. *

They were commenting on the fact that the tickets were paired with the Iowa game on KFAN today, and said Minnesota would be stupid to do that next year.

SDbison
10-24-2006, 01:31 AM

That was excellent. We got a pon -pom confiscated at the door, a stick, searched, open jacket etc. How they missed the cowbells Ill never know. MORE COWBELLS !!!
Thats because my cowbell was hiding next to my package. Security wouldn't dare pat me down there, but sure did get the attention of the women! ;D ;D

roper
10-24-2006, 03:09 PM
The U of MN athletic department might want to package NDSU tickets with Illinois tickets, it would increase paid attendance for the Illini. * ;)

CUbears
10-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I agree. I am not sure why they did pair the NDSU and Iowa tickets. Obviously NDSU has history of following their team well as does Iowa. The U of M has to be smart enough to realize that there would be 10-15,000 NDSU fans at the game if the Bison were 0-6 going into the game! I believe they shot themselves in the foot with this one. They could have sold out another game.

IowaBisonToo
10-24-2006, 05:49 PM
The plain and simple answer to all of this is that MN is a Big 10 school playing a I-AA school. They had no idea how NDSU was going to travel and frankly, the people in the athletic dept were not going to spend the time of day to look at the history of NDSU. It's probably some inexperienced Asst. AD or one of their lackies that made this decision. Think of it this way. How did C-SP travel to NDSU? How do you think any other DII team would travel to NDSU? Probably not very good. That same thought process was probably used by the MN athletic department.

My guess is they may not be pairing NDSU with somebody next year. In fact, they might be better off letting NDSU have a larger allotment of tickets for the game. ;)

CUbears
10-24-2006, 06:42 PM
The plain and simple answer to all of this is that MN is a Big 10 school playing a I-AA school. *They had no idea how NDSU was going to travel and frankly, the people in the athletic dept were not going to spend the time of day to look at the history of NDSU. *It's probably some inexperienced Asst. AD or one of their lackies that made this decision. *Think of it this way. *How did C-SP travel to NDSU? *How do you think any other DII team would travel to NDSU? *Probably not very good. *That same thought process was probably used by the MN athletic department.

My guess is they may not be pairing NDSU with somebody next year. *In fact, they might be better off letting NDSU have a larger allotment of tickets for the game. ;)

Yeah, I hear where your going with that... Traditionally the travel wouldnt be very well, and Concorida does not travel very well at all. With about 1000 undergrads it is hard to get a decent amount of students at the game. I do think though, that nearly everyone in the midwest has a knowledge of NDSU, and obviously NDSU just turned D1aa, and this is their first big game (besides the Ball State game). I just think a simple email to the AD at NDSU and they would realize that NDSU travels well regardless of the game is in George Southern or Minneapolis Minnesota.

Bisonguy
10-24-2006, 09:06 PM
The plain and simple answer to all of this is that MN is a Big 10 school playing a I-AA school. *They had no idea how NDSU was going to travel and frankly, the people in the athletic dept were not going to spend the time of day to look at the history of NDSU. *It's probably some inexperienced Asst. AD or one of their lackies that made this decision. *Think of it this way. *How did C-SP travel to NDSU? *How do you think any other DII team would travel to NDSU? *Probably not very good. *That same thought process was probably used by the MN athletic department.

My guess is they may not be pairing NDSU with somebody next year. *In fact, they might be better off letting NDSU have a larger allotment of tickets for the game. ;)

When was the last time a visiting team brought more than 500 fans (not including marching band members) to the Fargodome?

Tatanka
10-24-2006, 10:43 PM
SDSU last year.

Bisonguy
10-24-2006, 11:09 PM
SDSU last year.

The only time SDSU had over 500 fans in the FFD is when they brought the band. The visitors section seats *~500, and was nowhere near full last year.

Tatanka
10-24-2006, 11:16 PM
I doubt the bunny faithful were confined to the visitor section last year. Plenty of them in GA. Even without the band, 500+ easily.

RodentiaX1
10-25-2006, 02:05 AM
I think that the decision to go to great lengths to get as many tickets sold by any means necessary looks like a mistake in hindsight. But at the time the decision was made, it would have been unreasonable to assume that there would be this astounding level of interest in the game. I expect that next year, there won't be $10 tickets, and may not have the 4 tix, 4 cokes and 4 hot dogs for $60 package.

Maybe you'll have to buy a ticket for the MAC opponent to get a ticket to the NDSU game. ;)

sambini
10-25-2006, 02:16 AM
I think the Gophers should pay us more than 300k. We gave them there biggest gate.

No_Skill
10-25-2006, 02:16 AM
Maybe you'll have to buy a ticket for the MAC opponent to get a ticket to the NDSU game. *;)

Damn, now I know how Iowa fans must have felt. ;D

sambini
10-25-2006, 02:17 AM
Those Hawks fans are all right. They are led by former Bison Gary Barta++++++++

rabidrabbit
10-25-2006, 02:26 AM
The Gopher's objective in "bundling games" is to force opponents to pay more, then not occupy the seats for the "off" game. NDSU did an outstanding job in helping these opponents flip on the Gophs for this practice. If they do bundle Wis with NDSU, that's great news for the Bison faithful to pick up cheaper tix. Just work throught the Wis. Alumni with ads, and lots of tix for bison fans.

If Goph's bundle you with anybody, Miami would be the best match for the gophs, but they'll not sell any anyway.

RodentiaX1
10-25-2006, 04:50 AM
I think the Gophers should pay us more than 300k. We gave them there biggest gate.

I think that's a given. Minnesota will be eager to up the payout the next time there is contract negotiations for a new game with the Bison. With that kind of turnout, it just makes sense. NDSU will likely be Minnesota's I-AA team of choice, if for no other reason the great turnout by Bison fans.

mebison
10-25-2006, 01:07 PM

I think I remember seeing someone on gopherhole partway through the game asking if they still had to pay us if we won ;D