PDA

View Full Version : Smash clobbers flash

gizmo
11-08-2013, 11:56 AM
We saw it happen again last night when NDSU clone Stanford walloped Oregon. Games like that should again send the message to all the defensive softies in college football that defense wins championships! I like our chances.

X-Factor
11-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Really? I mean....really??

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

SafeTeeJ
11-08-2013, 12:30 PM
This thread needs to be moved! :hide::biggrin:

Right on Giz, right on.

344Johnson
11-08-2013, 01:46 PM
I really enjoy watching Oregon lose. Off topic.

On topic: Always nice to see a physical team bring it to a more finesse team.

gizmo
11-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Ok, so now it's off topic to talk about styles of football that pertain particularly to the North Dakota State University Bison? I'm sorry, but this has been boring week on Bisonville.

1st&TennBison
11-08-2013, 02:55 PM
We saw it happen again last night when NDSU clone Stanford walloped Oregon. Games like that should again send the message to all the defensive softies in college football that defense wins championships! I like our chances.

It will be interesting to see over the next ummmmm...............lets say ten years, to see how many teams are switched to the kind of offense that Oregon plays. By then our offense could be considered a rarity and teams will not know how to prepare for it. I have thought to myself who does our team look like (you know how many people say we are the Bama of the FCS), I myself would say we are much more like Stanford than any one else.

ZHerd
11-08-2013, 10:10 PM
It will be interesting to see over the next ummmmm...............lets say ten years, to see how many teams are switched to the kind of offense that Oregon plays. By then our offense could be considered a rarity and teams will not know how to prepare for it. I have thought to myself who does our team look like (you know how many people say we are the Bama of the FCS), I myself would say we are much more like Stanford than any one else..

In terms of comparisons to fbs teams, Stanford is easily the most similar team in terms of mentality, schemes and success at their level with their style of play. The Bison similarly give great offenses their worst games of the year. One playoff game is the top passing offense...shutdown. The next week it's the top rushing attack with similar results (though we definitely didn't shut down GA SO last year).

ZHerd
11-08-2013, 10:14 PM
I really enjoy watching Oregon lose. Off topic.

On topic: Always nice to see a physical team bring it to a more finesse team.

Off topic: Agreed. Many things I hate about the Ducks. On topic: Seeing the way the Bison have handled the top offenses in FCS the past few years has been pretty amazing. There isn't anyone I would now be surprised to see us shut down.

A1pigskin
11-09-2013, 12:41 AM
I believe excellent defenses do win championships.