PDA

View Full Version : sagarin ratings

bisonaudit
10-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Sagarin top 10 I-AA based on pure points (best predictor per Sagarin) not the BCS BS number they also make him publish. games through Sat. 10/21/06.

1. Massachusetts
2. New Hampshire
3. North Dakota State
4. Appalachian State
5. Northern Iowa
6. Portland State
7. Youngstown State
8. Montana
9. James Madison
10. Richmond

silkamilkamonico
10-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Sagarin top 10 I-AA based on pure points (best predictor per Sagarin) not the BCS BS number they also make him publish. games through Sat. 10/21/06.

1. Massachusetts
2. New Hampshire
3. North Dakota State
4. Appalachian State
5. Northern Iowa
6. Portland State
7. Youngstown State
8. Montana
9. James Madison
10. Richmond

Wow. Too bad the Sioux can't qualify for this. They would be right up there with us.

I love the idea that it isn't too far fetched for 2 ND schools to be ahead of both Montana schools.

WYOBISONMAN
10-25-2006, 07:30 PM

1. Massachusetts
2. New Hampshire
3. North Dakota State
4. Appalachian State
5. Northern Iowa
6. Portland State
7. Youngstown State
8. Montana
9. James Madison
10. Richmond

Wow. *Too bad the Sioux can't qualify for this. *They would be right up there with us.

I love the idea that it isn't too far fetched for 2 ND schools to be ahead of both Montana schools.

That would get them excited on egriz!!!

insane_ponderer
10-25-2006, 07:38 PM

1. Massachusetts
2. New Hampshire
3. North Dakota State
4. Appalachian State
5. Northern Iowa
6. Portland State
7. Youngstown State
8. Montana
9. James Madison
10. Richmond

Wow. *Too bad the Sioux can't qualify for this. *They would be right up there with us.

They would be ahead of both the Montana schools, really?? How are these rankings figured? I guess I have a hard time understanding how they would be up that high in the DI-AA Sagarin rankings.

DenverBison05
10-25-2006, 07:38 PM

1. Massachusetts
2. New Hampshire
3. North Dakota State
4. Appalachian State
5. Northern Iowa
6. Portland State
7. Youngstown State
8. Montana
9. James Madison
10. Richmond

How do you figure that UND would rank that high. *UNI's ranking is higher because sagarin doesnt count D2 games, plus there is no guarentee that UND would rank higer. *Just look at UNH and JMU, JMU killed UNH and has one less loss and their still ranked lower than UNH. *If sagarin included D2 teams, UND would not be ranked above Montana.

TheBisonator
10-25-2006, 07:51 PM

1. Massachusetts
2. New Hampshire
3. North Dakota State
4. Appalachian State
5. Northern Iowa
6. Portland State
7. Youngstown State
8. Montana
9. James Madison
10. Richmond

Wow... Can I buy some pot from you??

I mean, exactly HOW HIGH are you right now??

silkamilkamonico
10-25-2006, 07:52 PM
They beat a top notch D1AA team playing at home. *IMHO, the way they fared in that game, and the history of their program leaves me in no doubt that they could compete at this level and be successful, much in the same way the Bison could when they beat Montana.

In a couple years, we will be having this argument on how the ND schools are just as successful, if not more, in comparison with the prestigious Montana school in Missoula, given the same time period.

silkamilkamonico
10-25-2006, 07:54 PM

1. Massachusetts
2. New Hampshire
3. North Dakota State
4. Appalachian State
5. Northern Iowa
6. Portland State
7. Youngstown State
8. Montana
9. James Madison
10. Richmond

Maybe I should have reworded it, that in a matter of no time, UND will be right up there with NDSU and be on a level playing field, if not more, then the Montana schools.

Bison13
10-25-2006, 08:42 PM

1. Massachusetts
2. New Hampshire
3. North Dakota State
4. Appalachian State
5. Northern Iowa
6. Portland State
7. Youngstown State
8. Montana
9. James Madison
10. Richmond

Maybe I should have reworded it, that in a matter of no time, UND will be right up there with NDSU and be on a level playing field, if not more, then the Montana schools.

I would tend to agree BUT lets see how their recruiting goes the next few years. That will be the best indicator on how well they will do in 1-aa. Remember UNC??

insane_ponderer
10-25-2006, 08:43 PM

1. Massachusetts
2. New Hampshire
3. North Dakota State
4. Appalachian State
5. Northern Iowa
6. Portland State
7. Youngstown State
8. Montana
9. James Madison
10. Richmond

It's too bad you enjoy that idea.

westriverbison
10-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Why are we talking about UND AGAIN >:( >:( >:(

WYOBISONMAN
10-25-2006, 09:31 PM
This is stupid. A legit thread and a poster makes a legit comment about how cool it would be to see BOTH NORTH DAKOTA schools higher that the MONTANA schools. Hell, I would laugh at the Montanans on that deal too....

But, WHY does it have to turn into a thread dominated by UND bashing....this has to stop...

And....this thread is LOCKED!