PDA

View Full Version : FCS Week 11 Thread

NDSUstudent
11-05-2013, 04:14 AM
Key FCS Games:
Coastal Carolina at Charleston Southern noon Big South Video- I doubt many people saw this match up as being a key FCS week 11 game when the season started but there we are with two teams that have yet to lose to anyone in the FCS. CCU has a dynamic offense that has scored 50 or more points in six games this season. Meanwhile Charleston Southern has a flair for the dramatic, winners of six games by a TD or less. While CSU has barely beat some less than stellar teams all they do is win and now they have a shot to put themselves in the driver's seat of the Big South title race. This is perhaps the biggest home game in CSU history, while CCU is the clear favorite the longer CSU is able to hang around the greater their chance to upset CCU on Saturday.

Wofford at Chattanooga 1 p.m. ESPN3- This game and Chattanooga at Samford next week will clear up a lot of questions about just who will win the SoCon title and just how many teams if any will be joining the SoCon champ in the playoffs. Wofford has yet to defeat a team with a winning record this year but neither has Chattanooga. Yet the Mocs find themselves on top of the SoCon with a 5-1 record with Wofford just a step behind at 4-1. For both teams an autobid might be the only path to the playoffs.

Upset Special:
William and Mary at Delaware 2:00 p.m. Comcast Sports Northeast/Comcast Sports Bay Area- The Blue Hens are fresh off an emotional road victory at Towson. Now Delaware faces a team that is the polar opposite of a Towson. William and Mary is all about defense, running the ball and grinding out games. I think on Saturday the Tribe will sneak up on the Blue Hens come and leave Newark with a win, keeping their playoff hopes alive for another week.

FCS Game of the Week:
Montana State at Eastern Washington 2 p.m. Root Sports Northwest/Root Sports Rocky Mountain/Direct TV 101- This game has it all. A conference title is on the line, a high potential playoff seed is on the line and it features two dynamic offenses that can light up the scoreboard. While a lot of defense might not be played, it will be entertaining to watch Denarious McGhee and Vernon Adams put on a track meet. This game could very well go down to whoever has the ball last.

FCS on TV:
App State at Georgia 11:30 a.m. ESPN Game Plan/ESPN3
JMU at New Hamsphire 11:30 a.m. NBC Sports Network
Montana at South Dakota 1 p.m. Altitude/Midco
Montana State EWU 2 p.m. Root Sports Northwest/Root Sports Rocky Mountain/Direct TV 101
William and Mary at Delaware 2 p.m. Comcast Sports Northeast/Bay Area
Illinois State at NDSU 2:30 p.m. Fox Sports North/NBC ND
Presbyterian at Liberty 2:30 p.m. MASN/ESPN Game Plan/ESPN3
Lamar at Northwestern State 3 p.m. ESPN Game Plan/ESPN3/SLC TV
Cornell at Dartmouth 3 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Southeastern Louisiana at Central Arkansas 7 p.m. ESPN3/ESPN Game Plan

FCS Streams(free or ESPN3)
Robert Morris at CCSU 10:45 a.m. NEC Front Row
Duquesne at Sacred Heart 11 a.m. ESPN3/NEC Front Row
St Francis at Bryant 11 a.m. NEC Front Row
Monmouth at Wagner 11 a.m. NEC Front Row
Holy Cross at Lehigh 11:30 a.m. Patriot League Network
Bucknell at Fordham noonPatriot League Network
Coastal Carolina at Charleston Southern noon Big South Video
Eastern Illinois at Murray State noon OVC Digital Network
Gardern Webb at VMI noon ESPN3
Southern at Alabama State 1 p.m. http://bamastatesports.com/showcase/
UNC at UND 1 p.m. Midco/Big Sky TV
Tenn Tech at SEMO 1 p.m. OVC Digital Network
Wofford at Chattanooga 1 p.m. ESPN3
Austin Peay at Tenn State 1 p.m. OVC Digital Network
SUU at Weber State 2 p.m. Big Sky TV
Eastern Kentucky at Jacksonville State 3:00 p.m. OVC Digital Network
UT Martin at Memphis 3:30 p.m. ESPN3
Portland State at Idaho State 4 p.m. Big Sky TV
McNeese State at SFA 6 p.m. http://sfajacks.cstv.com/allaccess/?media=398858
Sac State at Cal Poly 8 p.m. Big Sky TV

natstar1
11-09-2013, 07:26 PM
https://twitter.com/waynenelsongf/status/399269864344272896

bisonaudit
11-09-2013, 07:46 PM
UNH is wrapping up their win over JMU. 33-17 less than a minute to play.

BisonTeacher
11-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Whioux down 21 6 to unc
Msu 14 ewu 13

Hammersmith
11-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Montana down a TD to USD.

24-17 USD
8:30 3Q

BisonTeacher
11-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Msu 21 ewu 20

21-16 unc over un_ unc driving

bisonaudit
11-09-2013, 08:28 PM
W&M 17-7 over Delaware. 9 seconds to half.

natstar1
11-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Whioux down 21 6 to unc

21-16, und making a comeback

edit: slow pony

BisonTeacher
11-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Whioux go up 24-21 with 2 pt conv. 2 min left.

Can the defense hold?/purple

Hammersmith
11-09-2013, 09:01 PM
USD allows Montana to score again.

31-27 Mont
under a min

BisonTeacher
11-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Whioux int dagger. Muss for coach of the year.

Hammersmith
11-09-2013, 09:08 PM
USD finishes pissing the game down their leg.

31-27 final

(In the last half of the 4th quarter, USD gave up a fumble for a TD and a kick return for a TD.)

semobison
11-09-2013, 09:24 PM
USD finishes pissing the game down their leg.

31-27 final

(In the last half of the 4th quarter, USD gave up a fumble for a TD and a kick return for a TD.)

Tough loss for the Yotes! They outplayed Montana. Missouri State leads SIU 31-20 early 4th quarter. Another Valley team's playoff chances going down the drain!

bisonaudit
11-09-2013, 09:43 PM
W&M up 14 on Del. w 7 min to play. Del ball on the 99.

natstar1
11-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Whioux int dagger. Muss for coach of the year.
hopefully he gets an extension

BlueKeyAlum
11-09-2013, 10:00 PM
EWU's Adams with 300 yards passing...

bisonaudit
11-09-2013, 10:02 PM
EWU's Adams with 300 yards passing...

He left the game mid way through the 4th. Not sure what happened.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-10-2013, 11:04 AM
EWU smokes Mt. St. EW could very easily get the #2 seed. Would be nice to crush them in Frisco in front of 20,000 Bison fans.

1998braves64
11-10-2013, 12:07 PM
EWU smokes Mt. St. EW could very easily get the #2 seed. Would be nice to crush them in Frisco in front of 20,000 Bison fans.

This after crushing bobkitties in 2nd round.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

Tatanka
11-10-2013, 03:13 PM
This after crushing bobkitties in 2nd round.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

lol overrated chickenpussies won't make it out of the first round.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

DePereBisonFan
11-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Tough loss for the Yotes! They outplayed Montana. Missouri State leads SIU 31-20 early 4th quarter. Another Valley team's playoff chances going down the drain!

It's crazy that a team with potentially a 6-2 record in the MVFC will miss the playoffs. Missouri State's conference success this year makes me think that the conference is down from years past. We don't deserve more than two teams in the playoffs this year. If SDSU gets in the playoff field, I will be shocked.

bisonaudit
11-11-2013, 04:16 PM
It's crazy that a team with potentially a 6-2 record in the MVFC will miss the playoffs. Missouri State's conference success this year makes me think that the conference is down from years past. We don't deserve more than two teams in the playoffs this year. If SDSU gets in the playoff field, I will be shocked.

I think this a backward. I think Mo St success in conference indicates that the conference strong. We definately deserve more than 2 post season bids. We may only get 2, however.

NorthernBison
11-11-2013, 11:51 PM
I think this a backward. I think Mo St success in conference indicates that the conference strong. We definately deserve more than 2 post season bids. We may only get 2, however.

I agree. If Missouri State beats UNI and finishes 6-2 in the MVFC and 6-6 overall, that really screws up the playoff picture for the conference but it does indicate the depth of the MVFC.

If the above happens, MSU will finish alone in 3rd with a 6-6 record and a win in their head to head with SDSU. The only thing that makes sense then is to either take them at 6-6 or only take 2 teams. What a mess.

Hammersmith
11-12-2013, 01:38 PM
I agree. If Missouri State beats UNI and finishes 6-2 in the MVFC and 6-6 overall, that really screws up the playoff picture for the conference but it does indicate the depth of the MVFC.

If the above happens, MSU will finish alone in 3rd with a 6-6 record and a win in their head to head with SDSU. The only thing that makes sense then is to either take them at 6-6 or only take 2 teams. What a mess.

Didn't MSU lose a key starter or two at the beginning of the season and just get them back a couple weeks ago? Throwing out the Iowa & NDSU games(FBS and might as well be), MSU has lost games by 6, 3, 4 & 3. I wonder if the selection committee could make a case for them being 3 or 4 games better than the their record indicates now that they're back at full strength?

tjbison
11-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Didn't MSU lose a key starter or two at the beginning of the season and just get them back a couple weeks ago? Throwing out the Iowa & NDSU games(FBS and might as well be), MSU has lost games by 6, 3, 4 & 3. I wonder if the selection committee could make a case for them being 3 or 4 games better than the their record indicates now that they're back at full strength?

IMO MSU is better than ISU-R, SIU and SDSU

they played good, too bad they got a late start otherwise they would probably be in the playoffs

tony
11-12-2013, 08:20 PM
I watched highlights of the Fordham-Bucknell game. Bucknell threw three bad interceptions and fumbled inside the five. If that's indicative of Fordham football, I hope that NDSU sees them in the playoffs.

CAS4127
11-12-2013, 08:24 PM
I watched highlights of the Fordham-Bucknell game. Bucknell threw three bad interceptions and fumbled inside the five. If that's indicative of Fordham football, I hope that NDSU sees them in the playoffs.

How are Bucknell's mishaps/TO's indicative of Fordham football? /green/purple

bisonaudit
11-12-2013, 08:26 PM
How are Bucknell's mishaps/TO's indicative of Fordham football? /green/purple

Despite all of that, Fordham won by only 2, 23-21.

CAS4127
11-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Despite all of that, Fordham won by only 2, 23-21.

Yabut, was "Bucknell" factored in, as that is just in and of itself a great name for a college, let alone a college with football!!

Do they even bother with a mascot, or is it just "Bucknell"?!?!

NorthernBison
11-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Yabut, was "Bucknell" factored in, as that is just in and of itself a great name for a college, let alone a college with football!!

Try to be more subtle when you are jerking chains. Please.

NDSUstudent
11-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Fordham lost their QB to some kind of knee injury in the first half of that game. Seems to be some mystery about the injury, the only thing I've been able to find out for certain is that it isn't an ACL.

CAS4127
11-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Try to be more subtle when you are jerking chains. Please.

Who's chain(s) was I jerking?!?!

Don't read into shit so much, please!!

NorthernBison
11-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Who's chain(s) was I jerking?!?!

Don't read into shit so much, please!!

Sorry. I was giving you crap because I thought it was very obvious when you mentioned mascot that you knew Bucknell's.

Tatanka
11-12-2013, 08:57 PM

Their mascot is a Bison, in name only. Kind of like fake crab.

CAS4127
11-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Sorry. I was giving you crap because I thought it was very obvious when you mentioned mascot that you knew Bucknell's.

Now that I googled it, I recalled they are the Bison, but my post was simply that I think the name "Bucknell" has a strong football "presence" to it, if you will. I wasn't jerking anyone's chains, but all good here as far as I am concerned!!

KSBisonFan
11-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Now that I googled it, I recalled they are the Bison, but my post was simply that I think the name "Bucknell" has a strong football "presence" to it, if you will. I wasn't jerking anyone's chains, but all good here as far as I am concerned!!

Stick to posting in the basketball forums!

CAS4127
11-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Stick to posting in the basketball forums!

LOL!!

Tranny is gay!

RTO is a pussy/shopper!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)