10-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Twitter has Easton Stick to NDSU!!!!

southcliffbison
10-20-2013, 09:00 PM

YAHOO !!!!!!!! Great news !!!!!!!

Gully
10-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Sweet. This is an important class. It could determine if the winning continues at such a high level or if we take a step back for a couple of years.

SamsRams
10-20-2013, 09:02 PM
http://bisonation.info/qb-easton-stick-omaha-ne-2014-offer/

https://twitter.com/Easton_Stick/status/392031131865866240

bri-dog
10-20-2013, 09:04 PM
Sweeeeet!!!

Mr. Burgundy
10-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Great coverage Sams! This is a huge get for NDSU! A prime target. Coaches deserve some serious credit on this one. A lot of time in Nebraska recruiting this kid. I've been hoping we were landing this kid for months!

BismarckBisonFan
10-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Awesome!!!!!!!!

Welcome to NDSU Easton!!!!!

Great job coaches and Sams for the coverage.

bisoningrandforks
10-20-2013, 09:10 PM
great news!....thanks Burgundy!...and Sams!.....

BismarckBisonFan
10-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Mr. Burgundy you just made my day a lot better .

westnodak93bison
10-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Wow. I thought he may be a last minute get if at all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

daddy daycare
10-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Pass the torch.

A1pigskin
10-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Nice size. Excellent addition.

Bison"FANatic"
10-20-2013, 09:23 PM
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

THEsocalledfan
10-20-2013, 09:26 PM
I had told Sams this..... I have a brother connected to Creighton Prep. He told me that Bohl had been vocal to folks there he was his #1 target. Also he thinks Stick is a stud and a can't miss for NDSU.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BisonNation11
10-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Love this kids touch and ability to throw the deep ball allowing his receivers to run under the ball. Great sense of awareness, agility, and ability to make the most out of nothing. Huge get and happy to have him! Keep bringing in the wood products!

HerdBot
10-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Hell yeah just made my day. Kid has star written all over him! Great get!! Welcome!!

BisonNeil
10-20-2013, 09:47 PM
I had told Sams this..... I have a brother connected to Creighton Prep. He told me that Bohl had been vocal to folks there he was his #1 target. Also he thinks Stick is a stud and a can't miss for NDSU.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Well, I sure hope that this is total BS because if it is true it is a fairly major recruiting violation.

56BISON73
10-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Well, I sure hope that this is total BS because if it is true it is a fairly major recruiting violation.

Please explain?

tjbison
10-20-2013, 09:53 PM

Why??? what violation occurred?

1998braves64
10-20-2013, 10:10 PM
I think he is referring to Bohl telling folks (assuming he means random ppl around town by "folks" and not Easton's parents) would be a violation no?? Since coaches aren't allowed to talk about recruits prior to LOI? Or is talking about them only a violation if it is a media person?
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

NDSUstudent
10-20-2013, 10:10 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/173/576/Wat8.jpg?1315930535

HandoEX
10-20-2013, 10:15 PM
This kid is a stud. Our coaches scored BIG with this get!!!

BadlandsBison
10-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Is that Ben Roethlisberger? He pump fakes like a boss

CaBisonFan
10-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Welcome Easton.

GOBISON123
10-20-2013, 10:41 PM

Yes Yes Yes....this is )**)*0 awesome. I am fired up.... Big Bison Love to Easton Stick. This is awesome.

344Johnson
10-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Is that Ben Roethlisberger? He pump fakes like a boss

Well, Ben won a couple rings in 5 years. I could get behind that.

heffray
10-20-2013, 11:04 PM
The school up north has a lot of Easton sticks. Now we have one, too. I like ours better.

BisonNeil
10-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Please explain?

Well, perhaps I am wrong, but I have been under the impression for some time that college coaches cannot mention an athlete by name that they are recruiting to anyone, press or otherwise. I heard former coaches discussing this on ESPN a few years ago and the rationale behind the rule was that it gives unfair advantage to the big time programs to mention recruits by name.

But, I may have misunderstood.

1bizon1
10-20-2013, 11:37 PM
I read that _nd offered. Do they send every jr/sr football player (in the lower 48) an offer, hopefully someone will accept?! LMAO!

BisonTeacher
10-20-2013, 11:51 PM
I read that _nd offered. Do they send every jr/sr football player (in the lower 48) an offer

I heard yes...in 30 minutes or less!

IzzyFlexion
10-20-2013, 11:55 PM
CAS put this chick in the bikini thread once but it was deleted for being non-compliant with the thread rules.

RULE 3: Section 2; line 17 reads,
No submission into the bikini thread shall caused violent projectile vomiting so severe that it causes irrepairable damage to one's monitor.

A1pigskin
10-21-2013, 12:36 AM
CAS put this chick in the bikini thread once but it was deleted for being non-compliant with the thread rules.

RULE 3: Section 2; line 17 reads,
No submission into the bikini thread shall caused violent projectile vomiting so severe that it causes irrepairable damage to one's monitor.

Is she the dorm mom.....

HerdBot
10-21-2013, 12:42 AM
Is she the dorm mom.....

Mrs Garretts evil paternal twin. They kept her locked up in the basement except on sdsu gameday

SamsRams
10-21-2013, 01:08 AM
The best part about this is NDSU got their QB for this class and can now focus more on other important needs. Plus it gives a clear signal to some other QB's in the area who thought they might be next in line for NDSU offer if Easton went elsewhere.

Tony Almeida
10-21-2013, 01:15 AM
Sorry Derek McGinnis...I feel bad now but yet pumped for Stick!

HerdBot
10-21-2013, 01:21 AM
The best part about this is NDSU got their QB for this class and can now focus more on other important needs. Plus it gives a clear signal to some other QB's in the area who thought they might be next in line for NDSU offer if Easton went elsewhere.

I am excited for the future. Time to move on to running back, defensive end, corner back, left tackle, and middle linebacker depth.
Its good for other qb like you said. Must be tough for a kid to have a scholarship on the table waiting to see if we get our #1 target. Big trickle down effect

CaBisonFan
10-21-2013, 01:22 AM
Looks like real competition at quarterback. That's a good thing.

BisonNeil
10-21-2013, 01:23 AM
Sorry Derek McGinnis...I feel bad now but yet pumped for Stick!

I think it is very premature for any one of us to assume a yet unsigned recruit will automatically beat out someone already on the team. Lakes annointing Mertens the next coming of Jesus as a star QB when he signed to the Bison comes to my mind as a prime example of such a mistake. Besides, I hear Derek did a wonderful job lighting up the secondary as a scout team QB.

Herd890
10-21-2013, 01:23 AM
Awesome news for Bison Nation and congrats to Mr Stick!!!

I am not quite ready to pass the torch yet. We will now have 4 quarterbacks on the roster next year, with Wentz as the heir apparent. I have not heard how McGinnis and Davis are progressing, but assume at least one of them is doing well and could play for us once Wentz is gone.

Exciting day, but it could be a long road for Mr Stick to see the field IMO. Kid has sick ability though....

NDSU1980
10-21-2013, 01:33 AM
This is great. I'd rather have too many QB's then not enough.

Herd890
10-21-2013, 01:58 AM

Agreed....great problem to have.

BismarckBisonFan
10-21-2013, 02:04 AM
Spot on. Look what happened to the dogs last Sat. Having to bring in a redshirt Fr. He was like a deer in headlights. Depth is important at all positions but IMO the QB is the most important position to have that depth. Even without injuries. We have had QB's change positions or leave the team as they saw the writing on the wall that their chances of playing at QB wasn't going to happen. Happens at a lot of schools.

HerdBot
10-21-2013, 02:18 AM
Check out these junior highlights. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdeatBomDMQ&feature=player_embedded&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DXdeatBomDMQ%26feature%3 Dplayer_embedded&app=desktop

As a senior he's thrown something like 27 TDs to 1 pick in his last 7 games. Can run too.

northerniowadave
10-21-2013, 03:28 AM
I'm looking at the commits on ESPN, and it looks like you have a WR from Creighton Prep as well that has committed. RJ Urzendowski. Favorite receiver, perhaps?

BismarckBisonFan
10-21-2013, 03:34 AM
I'm looking at the commits on ESPN, and it looks like you have a WR from Creighton Prep as well that has committed. RJ Urzendowski. Favorite receiver, perhaps?

You are correct

GOBISON123
10-21-2013, 05:26 AM

RJ & Stick = Starsky & Hutch

northerniowadave
10-21-2013, 07:10 AM
RJ & Stick = Starsky & Hutch

The TV version or the movie version? Who will be Huggy Bear?

phxbison
10-21-2013, 02:56 PM
I'm just as impressed with his running ability as I am with his passing. Maybe even more so. Very Impressive.

Tatanka
10-21-2013, 03:26 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/Bob_Huggins.JPG?

Herd12
10-21-2013, 04:24 PM

Plus our extra QBs can convert to linebacker and save our bacon when our starters have meniscus surgery!

natstar1
10-21-2013, 04:52 PM
To those that follow recruiting more closely than myself, how does Stick compare to the other QBs on our roster coming out of HS?

GOBISON123
10-21-2013, 07:03 PM

I watched the movie, we will find out when they start here in FargoDome.

BisManBison
10-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Plus our extra QBs can convert to linebacker and save our bacon when our starters have meniscus surgery!

Ha, this!! Of course we shouldn't expect that to be the norm. Esley is is an extraordinary exception and I'm convinced with his size and speed would have a shot at playing on Sundays if he would have started at linebacker.

BisonEngrGirl
10-21-2013, 08:49 PM
To those that follow recruiting more closely than myself, how does Stick compare to the other QBs on our roster coming out of HS?

From what I gather, this is the biggest QB recruit we've ever had. Isn't there a receiver coming with him too? Or did I just make that up?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

CaBisonFan
10-21-2013, 08:54 PM
From what I gather, this is the biggest QB recruit we've ever had. Isn't there a receiver coming with him too? Or did I just make that up?

Yes...R.J. Urzendowski

AjaxTheMighty
10-21-2013, 08:55 PM
This kid uses a pump fake quite a bit in the video. Reminded me of Favre, a pump fake followed by a bullet to the receiver! The future looks mighty bright! Reload!!!

CAS4127
10-21-2013, 09:04 PM
This kid uses a pump fake quite a bit in the video. Reminded me of Favre, a pump fake followed by a bullet to the receiver! The future looks mighty bright! Reload!!!

Favre was recruited as a Dback out of high school!!

EC8CH
10-21-2013, 09:04 PM
6'2" 200+

Looks like a fullback pulling it down and running up the middle...

I think he'll fit in nicely at NDSU.

Bison"FANatic"
10-21-2013, 09:09 PM
You have to think Stick was high on the Huskers list. I seems possibly 3rd. The Huskers number one commit Darlington went down earlier in the year with major concussion symptoms. You have to think that he is healing up well though as within the last 24 hours the Huskers #2 (went to a FBS Florida School don't remember the one) and then #3 Stick both committed to different schools. To have both of those QB's go so quick it would seem like it is a good guess that Darlington is doing well and the Huskers then told that to the next people on the list. Lets hope that Darlington continues to improve so the Huskers don't try to swoop in at the last second.

It's good to be pulling players that are on Strong FBS teams recruiting depth lists.

AjaxTheMighty
10-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Favre was recruited as a Dback out of high school!!

Stuff I didn't know! He probably could have played a little Dbag too.

HerdBot
10-21-2013, 10:40 PM

For our style of offense he's a perfect fit. He is pro style qb with good running skills. He got overlooked because hes not a spread qb that Big 10 schools are looking for.

Smart. Reads the defense well. Good in the short passing game. Throws a great deep ball. He's probably the best combo pro style passer / running qb weve recruited in my memory.

He's listed as a top 20 player on most Nebraska sites. What's crazy is some sites have RJ ranked higher the Easton. Bison Nation will GLADLY take both of them! Great start to this recruiting class!

Now the real work starts!

SamsRams
10-21-2013, 10:59 PM

Wentz was just as highly recruited and also had a MAC offer. I think the difference now is people are paying more attention to ndsu recruiting, whether that is fans or media.

tjbison
10-21-2013, 11:36 PM
Easton and RJ's coach will be on Doms show at 645

on wday am

HerdBot
10-22-2013, 12:44 AM
Easton and RJ's coach will be on Doms show at 645

on wday am

Said RJ was basically committed before the kstate and game day went down

Mr. Burgundy
10-22-2013, 01:19 AM
Dom Izzo was terrific on his program tonight. Creighton Prep coach was all class. Leader. Stated both kids are leaders in their own way and we got two awesome athletes. If u are on twitter Easton is now recruiting other of our top targets to NDSU and reaching out to other verbals and welcoming them to ndsu. "excited to throw u the ball" type stuff. That's a very early sign of leadership and can very much help a recruiting class. A lot of great examples of this. Yeah, I like these kids.

HerdBot
10-22-2013, 01:25 AM
Dom Izzo was terrific on his program tonight. Creighton Prep coach was all class. Leader. Stated both kids are leaders in their own way and we got two awesome athletes. If u are on twitter Easton is now recruiting other of our top targets to NDSU and reaching out to other verbals and welcoming them to ndsu. "excited to throw u the ball" type stuff. That's a very early sign of leadership and can very much help a recruiting class. A lot of great examples of this. Yeah, I like these kids.

Good stuff. I noticed the sdsu recruit Carr was trying to recruit Stick :) Maybe he could return the favor!

BismarckBisonFan
10-22-2013, 01:34 AM
I saw his tweets it would be nice to snatch Duncan Ferch right out of Northern Iowa's backyard.

A1pigskin
10-22-2013, 01:47 AM
He was throwing some nice passes on tape.

SamsRams
10-22-2013, 02:04 AM
Good stuff. I noticed the sdsu recruit Carr was trying to recruit Stick :) Maybe he could return the favor!

Haha let Carr wallow in his sdsu decision.

I think Doms comments on ksu win and gameday being the reason these kids verballed is off base. I get his point and when they get some FL, AZ or Kansas city area kids that statement will be accurate. The only offer that was concerning was Akron and he eliminated them early.

marenlee
10-22-2013, 02:06 AM

I think Doms comments on ksu win and gameday being the reason these kids verballed is off base. I get his point and when they get some FL, AZ or Kansas city area kids that statement will be accurate. The only offer that was concerning was Akron and he eliminated them early.

Wasn't Easton's last NDSU visit on Sept 21? Is that Dom is talking about?

SamsRams
10-22-2013, 02:13 AM
Wasn't Easton's last NDSU visit on Sept 21? Is that Dom is talking about?

I don't.believe so. I took his tweet and BMB mention to mean ndsu only had a chance with these guys because of KSU win and/or gameday. I think ndsu gets these guys based on previous years performance matched with who else had offered. Now if they can get McDermott Vai, John Jackson, or the Tampa Robinson kids i think his point would be valid.

HerdBot
10-22-2013, 02:53 AM

I thinkDoms comments on ksu win and gameday being the reason these kids verballed is off base. I get his point and when they get some FL, AZ or Kansas city area kids that statement will be accurate. The only offer that was concerning was Akron and he eliminated them early.

Absolutely. That's why I chuckled when his coach said he made up his mind before k state. You were spot on. I think it may have made the decision easier though. We've been doing well in Nebraska for several years

I think the impact will show when we can start getting players from Florida or further away. Heck Pierre Tucker signed because he wanted a RING! Everyone wants a ring! Not to mention a playoff game visit / atmosphere inspires anyone who really loves football

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-22-2013, 03:15 AM
The kid looks very good. Should be fun to watch how it all plays out.

natstar1
10-22-2013, 03:16 AM
I think the impact will show when we can start getting players from Florida or further away. Heck Pierre Tucker signed because he wanted a RING! Everyone wants a ring! Not to mention a playoff game visit / atmosphere inspires anyone who really loves football
like where, Cuba?

1998braves64
10-22-2013, 03:16 AM
finally watched the video... kid is impressive looks like he is part of a similar offensive scheme that NDSU has (in my limited offensive scheme knowledge!). A lot of QB runs and west coast offense passing, but can air it out for the deep ball.

I would guess he would red shirt next year to give Wentz the chance to prove himself his junior year and he would backup Wentz senior year, if he doesn't steal his job outright?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-22-2013, 03:28 AM
finally watched the video... kid is impressive looks like he is part of a similar offensive scheme that NDSU has (in my limited offensive scheme knowledge!). A lot of QB runs and west coast offense passing, but can air it out for the deep ball.

I would guess he would red shirt next year to give Wentz the chance to prove himself his junior year and he would backup Wentz senior year, if he doesn't steal his job outright?

Whaoooo! Slow down there. Yes, he is good in HS, but a lot has to be proven before he ever takes a snap at the collegiate level. Like Neil said earlier, we have heard the proclamation of the second coming of Christ before. He has to prove it on the field before this Bison fan becomes a true believer.

With that said, he looks like he could be a future star. I hope it happens.

Welcome to Bisonation, Easton!

HerdBot
10-22-2013, 03:29 AM
like where, Cuba?

I was thinking we need to start a pipeline to Kenya. Have you seen the Kenyans run in the Olympics? F A S T

1998braves64
10-22-2013, 03:38 AM
Whaoooo! Slow down there. Yes, he is good in HS, but a lot has to be proven before he ever takes a snap at the collegiate level. Like Neil said earlier, we have heard the proclamation of the second coming of Christ before. He has to prove it on the field before this Bison fan becomes a true believer.

True, but Wentz has yet to prove his worth over a full game yet also so... it goes both ways. What we've seen is a pretty small sample size although he has proven to be capable in that small size so he definitely has the advantage. I put the big "if" in there. I was just wondering where he would fall in relation to Wentz, McGinnis, and Davis

Tatanka
10-22-2013, 03:39 AM
I was thinking we need to start a pipeline to Kenya. Have you seen the Kenyans run in the Olympics? F A S T
Crazy speed, right concept, wrong school.

56BISON73
10-22-2013, 03:41 AM
True, but Wentz has yet to prove his worth over a full game yet also so... it goes both ways. What we've seen is a pretty small sample size although he has proven to be capable in that small size so he definitely has the advantage. I put the big "if" in there. I was just wondering where he would fall in relation to Wentz, McGinnis, and Davis

Weve also had a few players-QB who were highly touted and are no longer on the team. There will be some attrition. Its expected when some see there is no possibility of playing time.

GOBISON123
10-22-2013, 04:08 AM

Too far, Jamaica is closer. They make a cool hunter and arrow sign after the run, nice TD celebration.

northerniowadave
10-22-2013, 05:46 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/Bob_Huggins.JPG?

You couldn't find a more appropriate wh, whi, whit, West Virginian to play the pimp.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Tony Almeida
10-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Weve also had a few players-QB who were highly touted and are no longer on the team. There will be some attrition. Its expected when some see there is no possibility of playing time.

McGinnis and Davis transfer after next year...my guess if this Stick is as good as everyone on here thinks he is...

Bison"FANatic"
10-22-2013, 12:33 PM
McGinnis and Davis transfer after next year...my guess if this Stick is as good as everyone on here thinks he is...

What a slap in the face to these two guys. There are so many variables from injuries to talent to team dynamics to having the "it" factor. They may move on they may not but it will come down to who can get it done on the field in time. I have watched many highlight tapes over the years that looked awesome but the recruit didn't pan out. You can't crown anyone until they earn it on our team not high school tape. He looks good so far but that is just the beginning.

CAS4127
10-22-2013, 03:32 PM

WTF?!?!?!? :facepalm::facepalm2:-->repeat!!

What a slap in the face to these two guys. There are so many variables from injuries to talent to team dynamics to having the "it" factor. They may move on they may not but it will come down to who can get it done on the field in time. I have watched many highlight tapes over the years that looked awesome but the recruit didn't pan out. You can't crown anyone until they earn it on our team not high school tape. He looks good so far but that is just the beginning.

Exactly!!!

HerdBot
10-22-2013, 05:11 PM

Why? Every team has 3-4 qb. They will be given the same opportunity. Wentz could start for 2 years and after they would have as much of a chance as anyone. Heck McGinnis had a chance to start next year. All it takes is an injury. Davis could be a 3 year starter. Too early to know. Besides they are getting a free EDUCATION. Most people are smart enough to take that instead of 40k in debt

NDSU1980
10-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Why? Every team has 3-4 qb.
We didn't in 2008 and 2009.

It's amazing how much smarter Bohl has gotten in just 4 years.

HerdBot
10-22-2013, 06:32 PM
We didn't in 2008 and 2009.

It's amazing how much smarter Bohl has gotten in just 4 years.

at least he learned from his mistakes. It's quite obvious that the West Coast offense is very complicated and you just can't throw somebody in there with no experience

semobison
10-22-2013, 08:28 PM

Come on Gabe! Jamaicans are fast! Kenyans can run forever! Know your Olympic stuff!

THEsocalledfan
10-22-2013, 08:35 PM

I think Tony A.'s point is valid, even though he is being ripped for it. Perhaps a better way of saying it is none of us should be surprised if we see a QB transfer out in the next 1-2 years if they see themselves buried on the depth chart with little hope to play if that is their desire. Think Jose.....he saw the writing on the wall with Jensen, Thorton, Wentz.....he was going to be 3 at best that year will little eligibility left.

The mistake Tony A. made is we have no idea who the "odd man out" will be. OR, if they are willing to stick it out anyway (like Thorton).

Tony Almeida
10-22-2013, 08:46 PM
WTF?!?!?!? :facepalm::facepalm2:-->repeat!!

Exactly!!!

Why? Every team has 3-4 qb. They will be given the same opportunity. Wentz could start for 2 years and after they would have as much of a chance as anyone. Heck McGinnis had a chance to start next year. All it takes is an injury. Davis could be a 3 year starter. Too early to know. Besides they are getting a free EDUCATION. Most people are smart enough to take that instead of 40k in debt

Well the way everyone has a hard-on for this Stick guy...he must be leap-frogging to the front of the line not?

I got Jose Mohler right (that was 2 easy though) AND I called Ryan Stanford's transfer as well...come to think of it, this isn't such a stretch after all...:)

I hope that never happens of course..

BisonNation11
10-22-2013, 08:55 PM
I think Tony A.'s point is valid, even though he is being ripped for it. Perhaps a better way of saying it is none of us should be surprised if we see a QB transfer out in the next 1-2 years if they see themselves buried on the depth chart with little hope to play if that is their desire. Think Jose.....he saw the writing on the wall with Jensen, Thorton, Wentz.....he was going to be 3 at best that year will little eligibility left.

The mistake Tony A. made is we have no idea who the "odd man out" will be. OR, if they are willing to stick it out anyway (like Thorton).

Those who stay will be champions. It's unfortunate that some people on the team never see the field, but that does not take away from the hard work and help that they put into the team. Scout players are HUGE in preparing the team for the next week's opponent. They also push players to develop because if they don't, someone is right behind them to take their place. Everyone is a part of the team, whether we see them on the field or not.

THEsocalledfan
10-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Those who stay will be champions. It's unfortunate that some people on the team never see the field, but that does not take away from the hard work and help that they put into the team. Scout players are HUGE in preparing the team for the next week's opponent. They also push players to develop because if they don't, someone is right behind them to take their place. Everyone is a part of the team, whether we see them on the field or not.

Hey you are preaching to the choir, but if a guy (no you or me) values playing more than staying to be a champion, it will happen as it has in the past. I am just being realistic which I why I was surprised everyone was ripping on Tony A.

taper
10-22-2013, 11:29 PM
like where, Cuba?

American Samoa actually has a huge presence in the NFL. Something like 30-40 times the rate of us continentals.

56BISON73
10-22-2013, 11:48 PM
Hey you are preaching to the choir, but if a guy (no you or me) values playing more than staying to be a champion, it will happen as it has in the past. I am just being realistic which I why I was surprised everyone was ripping on Tony A.

I also dont expect all of these kids to be around next year. They want to play and if the are competitors they don want to play behind anyone. So if you are the #3 or #4 QB are you going to work your ass off and never see the field? Remember they will be bringing in another new QB next year and the year after that. .

56BISON73
10-22-2013, 11:57 PM

What you say is true and easy to say from the outside looking in. As far as the player is concerned they may have a different perspective. As in do I stay, we win a championship but I never played a minute of game time. Or move on to where the situation is more favorable for playing time and you get to do what you have always dreamed---to play college football.
What would you do?

SamsRams
10-23-2013, 12:25 AM
Being.second string does not mean you won't play. It means the team is an injury away from you starting. To speculate whether a player will transfer or stay is garbage IMO. Let the situation work itself out. Fueling a fire that hasn't been started yet is destructive. Someone needs to be the starter for iowa in 2016 and it will most likely be Mcginnis, Davis or Stick.

GOBISON123
10-23-2013, 12:39 AM
When i doubt, just trust Coach Bohl.

56BISON73
10-23-2013, 01:02 AM
Being.second string does not mean you won't play. It means the team is an injury away from you starting. To speculate whether a player will transfer or stay is garbage IMO. Let the situation work itself out. Fueling a fire that hasn't been started yet is destructive. Someone needs to be the starter for iowa in 2016 and it will most likely be Mcginnis, Davis or Stick.

And to speculate on the promise-premise that some one will get hurt so you can start does not serve one well either. Regardless of that reality.

But if one is #3 or #4 on the depth chart you seriously have to look out for your future because some one is going to start getting schollie money pulled.

HerdBot
10-23-2013, 01:58 AM

I actually agree with both Sams and PL. Someone will be starting after Wentz is gone. Much of it has to do with timing. No matter what happens with Wentz, Stick will be in a position to start for 3 years. Davis for 2 years. McGinnis depends. If he beats out Wentz, he could be a 3 year starter. If he doesn't, he may only be a 1 year starter. He could go into the season as the #2 guy but gets the opportunity to play due to an injury and do so well he keeps the spot. So many possibilities.

I wouldn't be shocked if 1 QB leaves in a few years but that's just normal attrition. I just hope everyone competes hard and remains pacient. The time will come

natstar1
10-23-2013, 08:07 AM
You don't think a Northern Sun school would snap give them a scholarship if they left NDSU?

ZHerd
10-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Reasons for attrition: 1) Act like morons and get kicked off the team. 2) get super busy and decide they just don't want to play 3) are getting buried on the depth chart and transfer or quit

coloradobison
10-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Easton and RJ's coach on with Dom - http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/88827/

HerdBot
10-23-2013, 02:24 PM
You don't think a Northern Sun school would snap give them a scholarship if they left NDSU?

If they want to play D2 football maybe

onbison09
10-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Reasons for attrition: 1) Act like morons and get kicked off the team. 2) get super busy and decide they just don't want to play 3) are getting buried on the depth chart and transfer or quit 4) are excellent at Madden but horrible at real football (Jose) and quit 5) act like morons and get kicked off the team
That was out of line IMO. He put on the jersey and he gave a lot to the program. He was also back in Frisco for the first game so it's not like he didn't give a shit.

Civil06
10-23-2013, 02:30 PM
That was out of line IMO. He put on the jersey and he gave a lot to the program. He was also back in Frisco for the first game so it's not like he didn't give a shit.

Agreed. That was a terrible comment. We wouldn't have made the playoffs in 2010 without his efforts like in the Youngstown game. That playoff run did a lot for the program. Once a Bison, always a Bison!

onbison09
10-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Agreed. That was a terrible comment. We wouldn't have made the playoffs in 2010 without his efforts like in the Youngstown game. That playoff run did a lot for the program. Once a Bison, always a Bison!
People are acting like it's criminal that people are transferring so they can play rather than be the 3rd string QB.

Bisonator98
10-23-2013, 02:36 PM
The fact is very few kids have what it takes to play QB at the D1 level. I'd rather have too many QB's then none. I want a kid who is willing to compete and go out and win the job whether it's in practice or a game. Not someone who is afraid of competition or doesn't have the confidence to win the job anyway. Now if a kid who is currently on the team and wants to transfer because he doesn't think he will get a shot then I wish him the best. The bottom line is if you have the talent and the right attitude you will play!

ZHerd
10-23-2013, 02:42 PM

Your correct I edited it...not nice on my part and I have no problem with someone transferring out to be able to play.

HerdBot
10-23-2013, 05:22 PM

No shit. Jose may not have been one of the all time greats but he is a former Bison that came all the way from California to give D1 football a shot. He started some big wins like Kansas, Youngstown last minute drive, and Montana State and was a great leader even as a backup. His height/weight wasn't ideal but he could scramble.

tolnabison
10-23-2013, 05:28 PM
No shit. Jose may not have been one of the all time greats but he is a former Bison that came all the way from California to give D1 football a shot. He started some big wins like Kansas and Montana State and was a great leader even as a backup. His height wasn't ideal but he could scramble.

Brock started and was knocked out with a shoulder injury. That said, Mohler was 3-11 for 33 yards passing and an INT in the game. He did have 48 yards rushing.

But I agree, he had a role on that team. He was serviceable enough to win a playoff game and did just enough to beat Kansas. The Kansas win got us into the playoffs and was the start of the run we are on.

HerdBot
10-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Brock started and was knocked out with a shoulder injury. That said, Mohler was 3-11 for 33 yards passing and an INT in the game. He did have 48 yards rushing.

But I agree, he had a role on that team. He was serviceable enough to win a playoff game and did just enough to beat Kansas. The Kansas win got us into the playoffs and was the start of the run we are on.

I contend his warm weather California roots really made him play bad! :)

But don't forget the Youngstown Game of 2010 .... great Jose moment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj0pT9Angbw

BisonNeil
10-23-2013, 06:58 PM

A lot of people commented on how much they liked the YSU play by play announcer. I can't stand him. Drove me crazy just watching those highlights, but thanks for posting Gabe. Mohler did make a solid contribution to the Bison.

My favorite play of his was the naked bootleg in the playoff game against Montana State that caused the flood gates to open leading to a serious Bobpussy beatdown.

westnodak93bison
10-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Watching Singers in the highlights makes me wonder is our current #8 is gonna get some carries soon?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

HerdBot
10-23-2013, 07:06 PM
A lot of people commented on how much they liked the YSU play by play announcer. I can't stand him. Drove me crazy just watching those highlights, but thanks for posting Gabe. Mohler did make a solid contribution to the Bison.

My favorite play of his was the naked bootleg in the playoff game against Montana State that caused the flood gates to open leading to a serious Bobpussy beatdown.

The YSU announcer is good... if he toned it down a bit. I think he must drink 19 of cups of coffee and smoke a nice bowl of crack before he goes live! Good voice though.

Herd
10-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Watching Singers in the highlights makes me wonder is our current #8 is gonna get some carries soon?

We have a history of solid scat-RBs who were fast as lightning, but never really reached their potential or had early exits at NDSU.

Shamen Washington (good player, nagging injuries)
Pete Blinco (gone)
Mike Sigers (gone . . . the best of the group IMO)
Darius Anderson (waiting . . . )

So, is Anderson the next good Scat-Back to be under-utilized and leave the program. IMO, get him some misdirection carries, not an every down back, but great speed. Let the WRs catch the ball. Sigers was a beast, and would have had a big impact in the 2011 Championship if he could have stuck around. I'd also like to see what Anderson can do as a PR or KR too.

Hopefully we see a lot of Anderson w/ Crockett and Morlock next year. I'm betting on a two headed monster of Crockett/Morlock, but there is room for Anderson too.

DePereBisonFan
10-23-2013, 07:35 PM

Man, if we had lost that game we would have missed the playoffs.

I forgot how fast Mike Sigers was. Whatever happened to him?

The announcer's voice sounds like Dan Cole's fake announcer bits about Brad Radke "Mister Three Up, Three Down." Now I need to track that down. Edit: Here's the link: third MP3 down: http://www.kfan.com/pages/common/audio.html His Brad Radke Spanish and "Johnson Takes Radke Deep" are pretty good too, and remind me of the announcer's voice, but I probably digress.

td577
10-23-2013, 07:49 PM
We have a history of solid scat-RBs who were fast as lightning, but never really reached their potential or had early exits at NDSU.

Pete Blinco (gone)

So, is Anderson the next good Scat-Back to be under-utilized and leave the program. IMO, get him some misdirection carries, not an every down back, but great speed. Let the WRs catch the ball. Sigers was a beast, and would have had a big impact in the 2011 Championship if he could have stuck around. I'd also like to see what Anderson can do as a PR or KR too.

Hopefully we see a lot of Anderson w/ Crockett and Morlock next year. I'm betting on a two headed monster of Crockett/Morlock, but there is room for Anderson too.

By the time Washington got medical redshirts added up he should of left NDSU with a PhD.

THEsocalledfan
10-23-2013, 08:13 PM
I forgot how fast Mike Sigers was. Whatever happened to him?

I think he was suspended from the team. I am thinking it was grades, but too lazy to search for it.

SamsRams
10-23-2013, 08:18 PM

Pete Blinco (gone)

You can add Hudson and Dinwiddie to that list also

herdmember
10-23-2013, 08:55 PM
To continue the thread drift, talking about these former players got me searching for some of the players that have left, check out this article on Berkley Grimm, wow. Hopefully a lot of Bison family love has been and/or will be sent his way.

http://www.press-citizen.com/article/20131018/SPORTS/131018011/Cancer-s-tough-Iowa-s-Berkley-Grimm-tougher

HerdBot
10-23-2013, 09:01 PM
To continue the thread drift, talking about these former players got me searching for some of the players that have left, check out this article on Berkley Grimm, wow. Hopefully a lot of Bison family love has been and/or will be sent his way.

http://www.press-citizen.com/article/20131018/SPORTS/131018011/Cancer-s-tough-Iowa-s-Berkley-Grimm-tougher

wow that sucks. Young kid with cancer. :facepalm:
Good luck to him!

Tony Almeida
10-23-2013, 09:10 PM

Pete Blinco (gone)

Don't forget about DeShawn Perkins...he was my favorite of the scat-type backs. He never reached his full potential because he played behind Lamar Gordon. He would've started for any NCC team.

Sorry I know it's a little old school but I couldn't let the above list pass without mentioning his name.

With that said, I do wish they would give Darius more carries, not only am I partial to these types of backs but with all the hype from last year (about him being so elusive and the hardest to tackle in practice) I thought I would've seen more of him by now.

Pulling Morlock's redshirt is still a mystery to me considering all the talented backs we have.

BisonNation11
10-23-2013, 09:27 PM
[QUOTE=Tony Almeida;782009]With that said, I do wish they would give Darius more carries, not only am I partial to these types of backs but with all the hype from last year (about him being so elusive and the hardest to tackle in practice) I thought I would've seen more of him by now.QUOTE]

We don't run that type of offense. We run a smash mouth style of run game and guys his size can't keep taking that kind of beating, nor can they usually dish that out. I think he'd be great towards the end of a game after we've worn a team down and they're a little slower to the holes or shutting down the edges. I too want to see him get some touches, but he just may be the best scout back for guys like Bell (I know we don't need to worry any more), Flanders, and that type of runner, that NDSU has ever had.

Mr. Burgundy
10-23-2013, 10:42 PM
Darius has EARNED carries! Scout team warrior! Total stud! Please...please give this kid a couple carries, pitch it to space and enjoy! Hope he gets a couple on Saturday.

HerdBot
10-23-2013, 10:56 PM

Pete Blinco (gone)

Dont forget Dinwiddie too. Not all of these guys left due to playing time. Sigers became academically ineligible and became a rapper or something. Blincoe didn't have a chance with Roehl and Paschal. He had some injuries too. The scat back doesn't really fit into our style of offense. That's why they put Shaman Washington as a slot receiver like Smith.

Darius Anderson isn't really a scat back though. He's a mix

Tony Almeida
10-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Dont forget Dinwiddie too. Not all of these guys left due to playing time. Sigers became academically ineligible and became a rapper or something. Blincoe didn't have a chance with Roehl and Paschal. He had some injuries too. The scat back doesn't really fit into our style of offense. That's why they put Shaman Washington as a slot receiver like Smith.

Well he was also a buck 60 soaking wet holding dumb bells in each hand too...

Tell the players that...they pretty much said he is the most agile, elusive running back they have faced (granted that was in practice) but still...

westnodak93bison
10-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Darius has EARNED carries! Scout team warrior! Total stud! Please...please give this kid a couple carries, pitch it to space and enjoy! Hope he gets a couple on Saturday.

This is what I've heard. Maybe pass protection an issue? How about 10 carries against ISU-blue?

HerdBot
10-23-2013, 11:33 PM
Well he was also a buck 60 soaking wet holding dumb bells in each hand too...

Tell the players that...they pretty much said he is the most agile, elusive running back they have faced (granted that was in practice) but still...

Shaman was one of the strongest guys on the team. Bohl compared Anderson's style to Shakir Bell

KSBisonFan
10-23-2013, 11:42 PM

FYI, the Dinwiddie's are both playing at Emporia State. They are 7-0 on the season. Daveon is being used primarily as a punt and kick returner and defensive back. He has 2 interceptions! Deshawn is 3rd on the team in tackles and Daveon is 4th on the team in tackles. Both good kids who went through hell growing up so I'm glad to see them doing well closer to home.

Tony Almeida
10-24-2013, 01:04 AM
Shaman was one of the strongest guys on the team. Bohl compared Anderson's style to Shakir Bell

All 5'6" 150 lbs. c'mon man!

AND what kind of a back do you think Shakir Bell is? He is a perfect definition of a scat back dude!!!! Quick, agile, and very elusive....no huh uh??

tjbison
10-24-2013, 01:12 AM
FYI, the Dinwiddie's are both playing at Emporia State. They are 7-0 on the season. Daveon is being used primarily as a punt and kick returner and defensive back. He has 2 interceptions! Deshawn is 3rd on the team in tackles and Daveon is 4th on the team in tackles. Both good kids who went through hell growing up so I'm glad to see them doing well closer to home.

yeah I agree, I think Deshawn would have been pretty good but maybe he seen he wasn't going to be anything but a special teamer...glad they are having success

HerdBot
10-24-2013, 01:12 AM
All 5'6" 150 lbs. c'mon man!

AND what kind of a back do you think Shakir Bell is? He is a perfect definition of a scat back dude!!!! Quick, agile, and very elusive....no huh uh??

Shaman had one of the highest bench presses on the team. Strong little bastard.
And Bell is nothing like a scat back. He's a power back with moves. Low center of gravity and powerful

Tony Almeida
10-24-2013, 01:33 AM
And Bell is nothing like a scat back. He's a power back with moves. Low center of gravity and powerful

First of all I don't care if Shamen Benched a car, I'm never putting a 150 lb running back behind my quarterback and obviously I wasn't the only one to think this. They used him the right way.

And low center of gravity is a definition of a scat back, that is what makes them so hard to tackle, that mixed in with some elusiveness and you got Barry Sanders or a Shakir Bell...usually this is a term given to smaller backs because they are usually quicker and more agile and this is what Barry Sanders, Shakir Bell, and Darius Anderson are...(don't get your BVD's in a bunch now because I put those two guys next to Barry Sanders. You know I'm not comparing the 3 guys but rather making a point of what kind of running backs they are or were)...

Bison06
10-24-2013, 01:45 AM

Shamen was strong...for his size.

Let's not get carried away. He had NOWHERE NEAR the highest bench press on the team.

Click to :55 seconds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4paWdqKfW9g

HerdBot
10-24-2013, 02:06 AM
First of all I don't care if Shamen Benched a car, I'm never putting a 150 lb running back behind my quarterback and obviously I wasn't the only one to think this. They used him the right way.

And low center of gravity is a definition of a scat back, that is what makes them so hard to tackle, that mixed in with some elusiveness and you got Barry Sanders or a Shakir Bell...usually this is a term given to smaller backs because they are usually quicker and more agile and this is what Barry Sanders, Shakir Bell, and Darius Anderson are...(don't get your BVD's in a bunch now because I put those two guys next to Barry Sanders. You know I'm not comparing the 3 guys but rather making a point of what kind of running backs they are or were)...

I think our definition of a scat back differs. I googled scat back and it says...

Sporting Charts explains Scatback
A "scatback" is a halfback or tailback and is more of a utility back than a traditional running back. Whereas a traditional tailback or fullback tends to run vertically through offensive tackles, relying on power to shrug off and shed tacklers, scatbacks are more versatile, and are often used in rushing plays to the outside parts of the field. Since scatbacks possess more speed, they can reach the outside and "turn the corner" faster than traditional backs, beating defenders and gaining yardage away from the largest mass of players on the field.

Quick running backs like the scatback also tend to be the target of more receptions from the quarterback, receiving screen passes and passes in the flat. They are more of a threat in the open field, as their size and speed can cause defenders to miss tackles, creating a larger potential for big plays. Since scatbacks also tend to be smaller than many players, they can use their size to their advantage by hiding behind the offensive line, making it harder for defenses to locate them during a play. Some scatbacks will also often play a role on special teams as kickoff and punt returners, using their speed and maneuverability to provide their team with good field position.

I thought of a guy like Shamen or Dinwiddie as a scat back. Same with Sigers. Quick versitile but not an every down player. There's a reason Shamen was hurt alot. They are too small. I think we agree on that.

Bell and Anderson are almost the same size. (5'8, 186) I haven't seen Anderson much but if Bohl comares Shakir Bell that's my only point of reference. IMO, Bell is a power runner but has moves. He's an amazing talent. I would call him a feature back. That's why his career stats are sick. Scat backs are situational

BisonNation11
10-24-2013, 03:14 AM

Let's not get carried away. He had NOWHERE NEAR the highest bench press on the team.

Skip ahead to :35 seconds. Beast Mode

http://youtu.be/-k7cGNeMHQA

Herd
10-24-2013, 03:34 AM

Watch some 2010 highlights and try to tell me that Sigers didn't fit into the offensive scheme. It was DJ and Voit between the tackles in a scrum, then Sigers would pop it outside and blow by people for 40 yards. He was explosive and a great change of pace.

tjbison
10-24-2013, 03:37 AM
so what about past guys, this is Easton's thread

are we recruiting or Reloading??

I'm going with the latter!!!!

HerdBot
10-24-2013, 03:49 AM
Watch some 2010 highlights and try to tell me that Sigers didn't fit into the offensive scheme. It was DJ and Voit between the tackles in a scrum, then Sigers would pop it outside and blow by people for 40 yards. He was explosive and a great change of pace.

Sigers got his touches. The problem is when your that small if you get a ton of carries, you will likely get injured. These speedy players entire game is based on speed and if you take it away, they have no value. Plus it's going to lose it's effectiveness if it's seen too much. It's the change of pace that throws defenses off. Think K State QB Daniel Sams when he came into the game for 1 play. (TD untouched)
(Sigers played the first 3 games in 2009 - and got hurt was lost for the season. Shamen was seemingly always hurt.)

That's why they put guys like Shamen Washington and Ryan Smith at slot receiver. Their skills are better utilized, their speed is a factor, and they don't get beat up as much.

There is a reason we go with big backs like Ojuri, Crockett, and Lang. They don't get hurt and they deliver the blows, not take them. Heck Ojuri outweighs Sigers by 45 pounds and he's fast! He outweighed Shamen by 60 pounds!! No arm tackling those guys! (Now think Tyler Roehl who outweighed Ojuri by 20 lbs)

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-24-2013, 03:54 AM
Man, I had forgotten about Sigers. He was good. Too bad it didn't last.

I had forgotten about that game as well. What a great game. Mohler played a hell of a game.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Gabe.

HerdBot
10-24-2013, 04:13 AM
Skip ahead to :35 seconds. Beast Mode

http://youtu.be/-k7cGNeMHQA

I remember reading Roehl had more bench reps than every running back in the NFL combine and was better than most linebackers. Incredible strength. Must have hurt like a bitch to tackle him.

Shamen I remember reading something about his bench press. It was several years ago but for his weight of a measly 150 lbs, he benched well more than twice his weight which was pound for pound the best on the team. It was quite ridiculous actually. Can't remember how much but it was a surprising number something like. 350 or more. So pound for pound would have been a better way for me to word it.

SamsRams
12-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Nate Clouse reporting Stick offered by Rutgers today. WOW

https://twitter.com/NateClouse/status/408732216189939712

HerdBot
12-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Nate Clouse reporting Stick offered by Rutgers today. WOW

https://twitter.com/NateClouse/status/408732216189939712

Freaked me out until I read.. "but remains very committed to #NDSU still. #nebpreps"

ndsubison1
12-05-2013, 10:24 PM
ndsu > rutgers. only thing i can think of it enticing him is that they will be in the big ten next year

SamsRams
12-05-2013, 10:30 PM
ndsu > rutgers. only thing i can think of it enticing him is that they will be in the big ten next year

If Easton Stick stays with NDSU, this would be the first every recruiting battle NDSU has won vs a B1G team correct??

westnodak93bison
12-05-2013, 10:34 PM
NDSU would be favored by 22 on a neutral field.

HerdBot
12-05-2013, 10:37 PM
If Easton Stick stays with NDSU, this would be the first every recruiting battle NDSU has won vs a B1G team correct??

We've gotten scholarship guys who turned down Big Ten walk on offers but that's kind of different. Obvioously we've regularly beaten FBS teams (Boston College, Pitt, Colorado St, Mountain West, Sunbelt, and most MAC schools come to mind) many times but not Big Ten that I know of. Seems like they lock up most of their guys early. Either way I am very happy he remains committed. He will be a star here and fits our offense like a glove

How many FBS offers does Marcus Collins have? 5

natstar1
12-06-2013, 12:00 AM

Based on my own experience I'd say 13 reps at 225 maxes out around 300-310. Awesome for someone that only weighs 150lb, but I really doubt that was near the best on the team.

CAS4127
12-06-2013, 12:33 AM
Based on my own experience I'd say 13 reps at 225 maxes out around 300-310. Awesome for someone that only weighs 150lb, but I really doubt that was near the best on the team.

Back in the day, we would warm up with more than 225, so I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

MAKBison
12-06-2013, 01:39 AM
Stick has been tweeting future teammates and the like. Do not know the kid and have no proof, but he seemed very pumped to come here. I am sure he is man of his word.

MNLonghorn10
12-06-2013, 01:47 AM
Freaked me out until I read.. "but remains very committed to #NDSU still. #nebpreps"

lol. Im not holding my breath until that LoI is signed, sealed and delivered.

IBleedYellow
12-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Looks like UNI offered him.

THEsocalledfan
12-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Looks like UNI offered him.

So, NDSU, UNI, Rutgers, correct?

tcbison
12-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Looks like UNI's goal is basically to offer all of NDSU's current recruits with hopes of stealing one. They also offered Marcus Collins.

heckler
12-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Looks like UNI's goal is basically to offer all of NDSU's current recruits with hopes of stealing one. They also offered Marcus Collins.

Smart and classless.

Tatanka
12-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Smart and classless.

UNI? Check, and check.

tcbison
12-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Nate Clouse ‏@NateClouse (https://twitter.com/NateClouse)12h (https://twitter.com/NateClouse/status/410983671668019200)
Omaha (Neb.) Creighton Prep QB @Easton_Stick (https://twitter.com/Easton_Stick) picked up offers from Northern Iowa, Miami (OH), & Illinois St. today

Mr Meaty
12-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Looks like other teams see who NDSU is after and then they follow suit. I guess better late to the party and never showing up for them. I truly believe our recruits will stay and become the another Championship Team. The cupboard is far from bare after the seniors leave. It is a reloading year just like every year. Next Man up!. The March is On! Recruits come play for the best program and FCS and inside the loudest stadium in all of FCS.

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Why in the world would you want to go to UNI?

bisonfanette
12-12-2013, 04:10 PM
The March is On! Recruits come play for the best program and FCS and inside the loudest stadium in all of FCS.

WE WANT EASTON ~ WE WANT EASTON!!!
(EASTON STICK ~ What a Great Name!!!)

mnriverbison
12-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Smart and classless.

Classless? I don't buy it and I hope our next coach brings whatever recruits with him that he can. It's all in the game.

And I really hate all of the passive-aggressive posts/tweets about "hoping the recruits stay true to their word". These are 17-18 year old kids making huge decisions about their futures. I never fault a verbal commit for flipping (either direction mind you) and I sure don't fault a verbal who flips after a coaching change. He signed up for the entire program and Bohl was a big part of the package the recruit signed up for. The thing that he verballed to is different now. No fault at all if he re-evaluates once things change.

With that said, if a "verbal" is taking visits and accepting phone calls he isn't really a commit anyway. I expect the Bison coaches to recruit the best class, and that includes soft commits to our rivals who are open to hearing our message.

WYOBISONMAN
12-12-2013, 04:20 PM
WE WANT EASTON ~ WE WANT EASTON!!!
(EASTON STICK ~ What a Great Name!!!)

So is that your Mustang in the avatar?????

DjKyRo
12-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Those who stay will be champions. Easton has a chance to be a fan favorite coming onto campus from the get-go, and if he's up to the challenge he will earn his loyal following.

THEsocalledfan
12-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Those who stay will be champions.

I this case, shouldn't it be "Those who COME will be champions"? I sure would like if he changes, but Stick is not even a Bison yet, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

BisonFan02
12-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Those who stay will be champions. Easton has a chance to be a fan favorite coming onto campus from the get-go, and if he's up to the challenge he will earn his loyal following.

Don't you dare put him on your bandwagon! :D

DjKyRo
12-12-2013, 04:27 PM
I this case, shouldn't it be "Those who COME will be champions"? I sure would like if he changes, but Stick is not even a Bison yet, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Those who stay committed will be champions?

JDZ
12-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Why in the world would you want to go to UNI?
I am flattered that you are asking me, specifically.

I wouldn't want to go to UNI, but obviously I am not the only one that feels that way, considering the number of students that get their education there.

MAKBison
12-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Not to be too obvious, but the whole fan thing you speak of is just part of the game as well.

Classless? I don't buy it and I hope our next coach brings whatever recruits with him that he can. It's all in the game.

And I really hate all of the passive-aggressive posts/tweets about "hoping the recruits stay true to their word". These are 17-18 year old kids making huge decisions about their futures. I never fault a verbal commit for flipping (either direction mind you) and I sure don't fault a verbal who flips after a coaching change. He signed up for the entire program and Bohl was a big part of the package the recruit signed up for. The thing that he verballed to is different now. No fault at all if he re-evaluates once things change.

With that said, if a "verbal" is taking visits and accepting phone calls he isn't really a commit anyway. I expect the Bison coaches to recruit the best class, and that includes soft commits to our rivals who are open to hearing our message.

ndsubison1
12-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Smart and classless.

how is it classless? not like theyve signed with us

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2013, 10:28 PM
That's ok Coach K will poach their coaching staff as much as he can.

Not that we want all of them.

Bisonguy
12-13-2013, 12:47 PM

Are those your boobs in your avatar?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

WYOBISONMAN
12-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Are those your boobs in your avatar?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

;) ..................

Herd12
12-13-2013, 12:59 PM
I see that stick to an unofficial up here for Gameday does anyone know if he plans on taking an official visit during this playoff run?

IzzyFlexion
12-13-2013, 01:13 PM

Oh, for Christ's sake!!!!!
Stop flirting with the new girl!
In fact, since the first thing that she sees in your post is a chick with fabulous knockers.......I'm gonna go to the BV tribunal and file harassment charges.

WYOBISONMAN
12-13-2013, 02:28 PM
I am an old married guy.....I don't flirt.....LOL!

BismarckBisonFan
12-13-2013, 02:32 PM
I see that stick to an unofficial up here for Gameday does anyone know if he plans on taking an official visit during this playoff run?

Good question. Don't know if he is but you can bet he will be watching Sat. morning along with all the other high school players that know of NDSU one way or another. Being on national tv is a huge deal for NDSU not only for this year but think of the juniors who finished their season a month or two ago and will be in the recruiting mix next year.

WYOBISONMAN
12-13-2013, 02:36 PM
I agree. And I think a solid showing on national TV will help us solidify those verbal commits. Another piece of the puzzle is Klieman. He will help us hold them as well. I also sure wish there was some way we could hang on to Burns as well. Maybe make Burns OC.

344Johnson
12-13-2013, 02:36 PM
I am an old married guy.....I don't flirt.....LOL!

Probably would throw out your back if you tried.

WYOBISONMAN
12-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Probably would throw out your back if you tried.

LOL.....I still downhill ski at Park City and still ride horses in the mountains. It would take more than that to take my back out!

westnodak93bison
12-13-2013, 02:52 PM
I agree. And I think a solid showing on national TV will help us solidify those verbal commits. Another piece of the puzzle is Klieman. He will help us hold them as well. I also sure wish there was some way we could hang on to Burns as well. Maybe make Burns OC.

I think they are plenty motivated. I spoke with a captain Saturday night and his biggest concern was recruiting. He hoped the recruits could see through the smoke and understand that this is about a program and not one man. Talk about a guy who can see the big picture!

KyleK
12-16-2013, 03:04 AM
Good news!

http://kfgo.com/blogs/so-many-opinions-so-little-time/953/top-qb-recruit-stick-says-hes-still-committed-to-ndsu/

CalBison97
12-16-2013, 03:14 AM
Good news!

http://kfgo.com/blogs/so-many-opinions-so-little-time/953/top-qb-recruit-stick-says-hes-still-committed-to-ndsu/

GREAT news! I like this weekend's happenings much more so than last weekend's.

td577
12-16-2013, 03:23 AM
"Stick verbally committed to the Bison on Oct. 20. Prior to that he was offered scholarships by FBS Akron and FCS schools South Dakota State, South Dakota, North Dakota and Southeast Missouri. Big Ten schools Nebraska and Iowa also showed interest but didn't offer scholarships."

They should know by now they don't have to mention North Dakota since they offer every high school football player in the country.

MAKBison
12-16-2013, 04:29 AM
UNI offered him and RJ last week as well

HerdBot
12-16-2013, 06:16 AM
UNI offered him and RJ last week as well

Farley has all the time in the world to stalk our recruits. While we're 1 game away from Frisco Texas and prepping on a short week, Farley is at home watching us on ESPN and standing around holding his cock wondering "why are these guys so freakin good?" so he just offers every one of our guys. Same with the other Valley teams who are stalking everyone.

loudsilverado
12-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Should we really be getting excited about a recruit that, to me, seemed "unsure" about still coming to NDSU after Bohl moved on? What happens when he comes here and then decides to transfer because of some unforeseen reason? I am holding back any excitement with this one.

Tatanka
12-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Should we really be getting excited about a recruit that, to me, seemed "unsure" about still coming to NDSU after Bohl moved on? What happens when he comes here and then decides to transfer because of some unforeseen reason? I am holding back any excitement with this one.

I'm inclined to join you in reserving my enthusiasm until at least signing day.

BisonNation11
12-16-2013, 01:31 PM

I am pumped about any kid anywhere in the country that is excited about coming to NDSU, even if they choose not to come. It means we're doing something right here just by peaking their interest.

HerdBot
12-16-2013, 01:51 PM

I hear you but with an attitude like that, why even follow recruiting? You could say that about any player on any team across the nation. We got ourselves a great qb from the midwest which is a tough to find. As far as he knew, we were changing offenses and philosophies and offers were no more. He found out thats not true and reaffirmed. He has an offer from Rutgers and he is still committed. That shows what kind of character he has.

This recruiting class was already great looking before any changes happened. We probability only have 10-11 more scholarship guys left and we have offers out on some really talented guys. Even with an average finish to recruiting this class is looking good

We had so many viewers on Saturday that we were trending nationally on Twitter. The Klieman hire was a page 1 story on ESPN.com too and our next 2 games will be on ESPN. Internal hire for a coach that will reload. Future is great! Recruits want to be here

Professor Chaos
12-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Can you blame him? Those tweets were made on Saturday night when "the sky is falling" sentiment was all over Bisonville and most of us should be more mature than a 17-18 year old kid. I'm pretty sure every commit had the same reservations but not all of them tweeted about it, just like not all fans were on this board Saturday night venting and lamenting. After that emotions cooled for recruits and fans alike and better decisions are made, I don't hold it against him one bit and I'll be as happy as ever to see him sign with the Bison if he indeed does.

BisonNeil
12-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Good news!

But he and RJ have also opened up their recruiting. I don't feel that is such good news. The Bison staff will be very whittled down after January 4 and will have a hell of a challenge keeping existing recruits while also trying to find another dozen. This is a tough deal for Klieman out of the shute.

HerdBot
12-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Can you blame him? Those tweets were made on Saturday night when "the sky is falling" sentiment was all over Bisonville and most of us should be more mature than a 17-18 year old kid. I'm pretty sure every commit had the same reservations but not all of them tweeted about it, just like not all fans were on this board Saturday night venting and lamenting. After that emotions cooled for recruits and fans alike and better decisions are made, I don't hold it against him one bit and I'll be as happy as ever to see him sign with the Bison if he indeed does.

Your right.... those tweets are more mature that half the shit spewed here Saturday night, myself included! Goes back to the rule "beware of any communications when your emotional." That's why other teams target recruits when they are shocked. Now that everything is calm, its back to the businesses of winning a national championship and send the senior class out with 3 rings!

KyleK
12-16-2013, 02:08 PM
But he and RJ have also opened up their recruiting. I don't feel that is such good news. The Bison staff will be very whittled down after January 4 and will have a hell of a challenge keeping existing recruits while also trying to find another dozen. This is a tough deal for Klieman out of the shute.

Nothing is a guarantee, but it is a positive step. After they sign the line, it doesn't mean they will be around 2 years down the road. Everyone was thrown a curve when Bohl took the job at Wyoming. I know if I was in the shoes of these recruits, I would have looked at other options too.

BisManBison
12-16-2013, 05:13 PM
You have to realize his tweet was likely in response to his phone lighting up like a Christmas tree by other schools reaching out to him and others. He made the commitment to NDSU when he did because he wanted to be done with the stress of recruiting. He was thrown back into the stress of recruiting due to things out of his control. I don't blame him one bit for pausing to consider all his options with all the unknowns floating around NDSU football last weekend.

MAKBison
12-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Yeah, I think we should be excited. Why would you sit around be cautious or guarded...its a football game. if he leaves not a darn thing i can do about it. however, today he is coming and that is exciting.

MNLonghorn10
12-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I think we should be excited. Why would you sit around be cautious or guarded...its a football game. if he leaves not a darn thing i can do about it. however, today he is coming and that is exciting.

Why get excited until national signing day? Theres no point yet. especially if he gets an offer from a big time school. then youll bet let down. its just a waiting game from now until the faxes start coming in.

MAKBison
12-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Truth in that, but its part of the game.

Why get excited until national signing day? Theres no point yet. especially if he gets an offer from a big time school. then youll bet let down. its just a waiting game from now until the faxes start coming in.

MAKBison
12-16-2013, 10:09 PM
While we are a small program, we are kinda a big program/deal.

We got Game day---almost twice TY YSU A-holes!
The espn crew tweets about us consistently
Nation TV games
deep playoff runs means more games more chances to develop and showcase

Unless you are going SEC or big time Big school we get just as much exposure. and that is without a TV deal (Cmon Patti V.)

bisonfanette
12-16-2013, 11:04 PM
I am pumped about any kid anywhere in the country that is excited about coming to NDSU, even if they choose not to come. It means we're doing something right here just by peaking their interest.

NOW, that's a GOOD ATTITUDE! I had my ESPN = Easton Stick Play @ Ndsu sign, but I just held it forward... & I think you have to turn toward the camera... that touches Tatanka's right arm!

MAKBison
12-16-2013, 11:06 PM
If you sit right behind the goal posts it was on TV. this was on tv

Easton
Stick, PLEASE
Play at
Ndsu

NOW, that's a GOOD ATTITUDE! I had my Easton Stick Play @ Ndsu sign... but I don't think it got on TV. I just held it forward... and I think you need to turn the signs toward the camera... that touches Tatanka's right arm!!!

bisonfanette
12-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Seriously? I didn't think it made it! I was told by ppl wiser than me (Bisonville pple of course)...
"What kid wouldn't like to see his name on Nat'l TV?" So I went for it... even tho gabe was worried about a conspiracy or something!!?
Yes, the PLEASE would have been good!

MAKBison
12-16-2013, 11:22 PM
It Made it! Hope to see it Friday as well

I would change play to playing at

bisonfanette
12-16-2013, 11:28 PM
I can't "fit" all of that... but I could do:
Easton
Stick
Picks
Ndsu

??? How bout that?

MAKBison
12-16-2013, 11:31 PM
thats the one

KyleK
12-16-2013, 11:33 PM
thats the one

What MAK said, that's great

jarhead
12-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Article about the 2013 Nebraska All-State football team featuring Easton and R. J.
http://dataomaha.com/documents/2013-all-nebraska-football

KyleK
12-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Article about the 2013 Nebraska All-State football team featuring Easton and R. J.
http://dataomaha.com/documents/2013-all-nebraska-football

Good find, thanks!

Jay
01-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Well, that didn't last long. Easton decommits and is going to Rutgers per Twitter. Nice start to Monday.

@Easton_Stick: It's Official! Im taking my talents to Rutgers. #ScarletKnights

bisonmike2
01-13-2014, 02:06 PM
Well, that didn't last long. Easton decommits and is going to Rutgers per Twitter. Nice start to Monday.

That's sucks but don't matter....THREEPEAT!

CAS4127
01-13-2014, 02:14 PM
Hope we don't see a domino affect. Who else we looking at as QB recruit?

Professor Chaos
01-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Odd that things changed so quickly for him. I thought he had this Rutgers offer for a while.

In any case, can't really blame him for choosing a Big Ten school over NDSU, even if it's a crappy Big Ten school.

Jay
01-13-2014, 02:18 PM
Like getting cheated on by a hot chick. Took her out for a nice dinner last night. Then whammy, next day "I've been cheating on you this whole time!"

Good luck to the kid. Can't fault a kid for trying to go FBS. Big 10 and NYC area.

Also, Bisonation... leave the kid alone on Twitter please.

Mr. Burgundy
01-13-2014, 02:20 PM
That's sucks but don't matter....THREEPEAT!

Losing Easton Stick doesn't matter? What planet are you on? This is how teams get as good as we are. We build for the future. You need the future. Easton was the biggest recruit in years. His offer list is very impressive. Named the #5 recruit in Nebraska today. Top 4 are going high major. He is said to be the best QB recruit in NE for years. This is a BIG...BIG LOSS. This kid was the leader of the recruiting class, the signal caller and was ALL IN, to say the staff is shocked would be an understatment.

Herd12
01-13-2014, 02:21 PM
Not sure why it was necessary for him to be so pro-NDSU and talk about his time in Fargo with "future teammates" and all that unless he actually felt confident about his decision. His tweet was very Lebron-ish (obviously)

Herd12
01-13-2014, 02:22 PM
Losing Easton Stick doesn't matter? What planet are you on? This is how teams get as good as we are. We build for the future. You need the future. Easton was the biggest recruit in years. His offer list is very impressive. Named the #5 recruit in Nebraska today. Top 4 are going high major. He is said to be the best QB recruit in NE for years. This is a BIG...BIG LOSS. This kid was the leader of the recruiting class, the signal caller and was ALL IN, to say the staff is shocked would be an understatment.

So this is confirmed by the staff as actually happening, not a twitter hack.

Jay
01-13-2014, 02:23 PM
Not sure why it was necessary for him to be so pro-NDSU and talk about his time in Fargo with "future teammates" and all that unless he actually felt confident about his decision. His tweet was very Lebron-ish (obviously)

Guessing Rutgers went all in on him last night after the visit. Easton said he would sleep on it. Man, I'm crushed.

Bisonator98
01-13-2014, 02:23 PM
Well we didn't get our #1 guy back in 2008 either but the #2 guy (Brock) was pretty damn special! Things happen for a reason. I'll take the guys that commit and see it thru over a flip flopper any day!

td577
01-13-2014, 02:24 PM
Odd that things changed so quickly for him. I thought he had this Rutgers offer for a while.

In any case, can't really blame him for choosing a Big Ten school over NDSU, even if it's a crappy Big Ten school.

I have to wonder who Rutgers lost to turn on the charm for Stick.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Mr. Burgundy
01-13-2014, 02:24 PM
So this is confirmed by the staff as actually happening, not a twitter hack.

I can confirm...this is news to EVERYONE right now. He never seemed like a "I'm taking my talents to the worst town in America, New Jersey" type kid to me. This is nuts. This kid is legit good and the future of the program down the road.

Bison 4 Life
01-13-2014, 02:25 PM

It's not a "fold up the tent" moment either. We are set at QB for a couple years, another will come along. Success breeds success. We can't expect to have the coaching turnover and not lose recruits over it. Let's just take a deep breath this year and not worry too much about a single recruit no matter who he is.

bisonmike2
01-13-2014, 02:26 PM

Not going to get too upset about losing a kid that has taken 0 snaps for us and had yet to spend 1 day on campus as a student. This recruiting class isn't going to crumble with the loss of one kid, nor will it be deemed the greatest ever with just one kid. Plus, I'm really trying to get this "don't matter, THREEPEAT!" phrase of the ground.

RedRiver
01-13-2014, 02:27 PM
It's not a "fold up the tent" moment either. We are set at QB for a couple years, another will come along. Success breeds success. We can't expect to have the coaching turnover and not lose recruits over it. Let's just take a deep breath this year and not worry too much about a single recruit no matter who he is.
At least we lost him to a Big 10 school, not Wyoming!

Mr. Burgundy
01-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Well we didn't get our #1 guy back in 2008 either but the #2 guy (Brock) was pretty damn special! Things happen for a reason. I'll take the guys that commit and see it thru over a flip flopper any day!

You realize that alot of that is LUCK......That is like Sid Hartman every year saying....Yeah, we don't have as many 3,4,5 star kids as the other schools, but we had Greg Eslinger and he was a zero star kid who won the Rimington award.

My answer to that......I will take a kid with a TON of offers anyday over someone who doesn't. That means a ton of people evaluated and wanted someone. Recruiting isn't an exact science and Brock Jensen is a PERFECT example, but you don't win the percentage game very often doing that. UND takes kids yearly because they were the only offer a kid received. Free school...sure, I will go to UND. You have to win huge battles. Alot of digging to see if this is legit or not. Rutgers....enjoy the visits. Very safe community!

Bisonator98
01-13-2014, 02:28 PM
This is one reason I never get too excited about recruits. Half the time they never pan out anyway.

Herd12
01-13-2014, 02:29 PM
I was right. It was a twitter hack. He's coming to NDSU.

MN_BISON
01-13-2014, 02:30 PM
I'm sorry my twitter was hacked. I'm committed to #NDSU (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NDSU&src=hash) and #BisoNation (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BisoNation&src=hash) 100%

aces1180

I just saw this too...What the F?

Mr. Burgundy

Depth wise, the QB spot is the deepest spot on the team. We could potentially have starters there for 4 years. Cole is the real deal by the way. Making every throw, showing leadership. There is a battle after Wentz. You just had to love this kid. This isn't a positive way to start the day, considering he verballed in Fargo 24 hours ago...for the 4th time.

daddy daycare
nevermind.......

Jay

@Easton_Stick: I'm sorry my twitter was hacked. I'm committed to #NDSU and #BisoNation 100%

wfbisonfan4
01-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Just saw his twitter was hacked. Says he is committed to NDSU

GOB1SON
01-13-2014, 02:31 PM

WTF is going on here? First he's here. Then we have a "confirmed" de-commit. Then he claims a twitter hack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbNidYYGjic

BisonEngrGirl
01-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Well this just ruined my day :( he was all about NDSU all over his twitter!! He never said ANYTHING about Rutgers. I don't get it. And it's sort of immature. But then again, he's 18 and we all made bad decisions when we were 18. Any other decent QB recruits for this season? Wentz is good for two years so we sort of need a recruit this year I would assume.... Whatever have fun mulling around in the bottom of the FBS and playing at the BBQ chicken wing bowl.

Bisonator98
01-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Gotta love today's technology! Twitter just gave Mr. Burgandy an ulcer! :rofl:

BisonEngrGirl
01-13-2014, 02:33 PM
What, Twitter hack now!?!? I can't handle this roller coaster of emotions!!!!!!!

No_Skill
Move along nothing to see here.

MN_BISON
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/414284474935803904/YkODK0fS_normal.jpegEaston Stick ‏@Easton_Stick (https://twitter.com/Easton_Stick)1m (https://twitter.com/Easton_Stick/status/422752843154464768)
My twitter account was hacked. I'm sorry to everyone for the issue. All the rutgers information is not true. I'm excited to be apart of NDSU

Herd12
Everyone calm the eff down someone got his twitter password. Hot damn.

heckler
01-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Everyone need a to step back lol. Kid is coming here. He is VERY committed.

aces1180
01-13-2014, 02:34 PM
My guess is one of his friends grabbed his phone and just punk'd a lot of people, lol...

I think there is a lesson to be learned here...Don't pull the trigger unless you are 100% the world is going to end.

MNLonghorn10
01-13-2014, 02:35 PM
Said on last page not to hold your breath until the loi is faxed in signed. Sucks but it comes with the territory.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

td577
01-13-2014, 02:36 PM
Everyone calm the eff down someone got his twitter password. Hot damn.

He needs to quit using "password" like everyone else here.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

THEsocalledfan
01-13-2014, 02:36 PM
Well, we know Lake's did not hack it account as he said nothing about it "raining bitches" at Rutgers.....once person eliminated. TAB maybe?

GradBison
01-13-2014, 02:37 PM
This thread the last 15 minutes = :rofl:

THEsocalledfan
01-13-2014, 02:38 PM
By the way, couple of you recent posters need to take a step back from the edge; tweet about Rutgers appears as reliable as TAB promising not to drink beer tailgating....

larson311
01-13-2014, 02:39 PM
My first impression was Lakes must be behind this, is that bad? Also, does Lakes have a twitter account?

HerdBot
01-13-2014, 02:39 PM
My guess is one of his friends grabbed his phone and just punk'd a lot of people, lol...

I think there is a lesson to be learned here...Don't pull the trigger unless you are 100% the world is going to end.

His friend should get a + rep because that was funny... after the fact! :rofl:

TransAmBison
01-13-2014, 02:41 PM
I enjoyed this last hour very much. Thank you Bisonville. I am glad we did not have to shut down the program.

spelunker64
01-13-2014, 02:42 PM
What would message boards and sports reporters do without Twitter