PDA

View Full Version : Curse of the NDSU Defeat

MAKBison
10-20-2013, 05:25 AM
Teams seem to fall apart after the play us (except the DII Team). Why is that and is SIU the next victim?

onbison09
10-20-2013, 05:37 AM
Could it have something to do with how physical we are? Not suggesting that's in every case but it could be. Also, teams usually really get up for us and it may be a let down.

StL Bison Fan
10-20-2013, 05:43 AM
We should be getting thank you cards from the teams that play our opponents next. I think we tenderize them for the next team. We are especially hard on qbs. SIU qb broke his hand and went out.

MAKBison
10-20-2013, 05:50 AM
Do not forget that we have essential put teams best players on the bench with injuries as well. Did it again today!

HerdBot
10-20-2013, 05:53 AM
Missouri State put an ass whooping on the bunnies today.

onbison09
10-20-2013, 05:57 AM
Missouri State put an ass whooping on the bunnies today
Missouri State has shown a lot of heart. It'd be easy to quit with only 1 win.

HerdBot
10-20-2013, 06:02 AM
Who knows maybe we expose teams but after 3 years of domination I think we flat out pound teams into the ground and they are picking dinosaur bones out of their teeth

Missouri State has shown a lot of heart. It'd be easy to quit with only 1 win.

Bison"FANatic"
10-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Do not forget that we have essential put teams best players on the bench with injuries as well. Did it again today!

Just to make it clear so other teams don't think we play dirty. The qb today hit his hand on a helmet while throwing. Farley was injured by his own player rolling up on him. I don't know what happened to Missouri QB if it was contact or non contact. The only way we "caused" these injuries is by playing hard.

ZHerd
10-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Could it have something to do with how physical we are? Not suggesting that's in every case but it could be. Also, teams usually really get up for us and it may be a let down.

^^^This^^^Honestly, with our size, physical play and aggressiveness I think that playing NDSU is more like playing a BCS school than an FCS team. It definitely seems like guys get softened up for their next opponent.

Bison"FANatic"
10-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Some of it is we also have a really good coaching staff and they give teams after us some really good film on how to beat each opponent.

northerniowadave
10-20-2013, 02:40 PM
All of the above.

StL Bison Fan
10-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Just to make it clear so other teams don't think we play dirty. The qb today hit his hand on a helmet while throwing. Farley was injured by his own player rolling up on him. I don't know what happened to Missouri QB if it was contact or non contact. The only way we "caused" these injuries is by playing hard.

Agree. But conditioning will help with some of these injuries because these are hard hitting games. Fate also plays a part as was the case of SIUs QB.

MAKBison
10-20-2013, 04:19 PM
I wonder how much is Psychological. Teams dont try as hard after playing us cause they know they cant beat us. why go out there and get hurt (whats the point) save yourself for next year....Kinda like when a team gives up in a game.

A1pigskin
10-20-2013, 04:47 PM
We should be getting thank you cards from the teams that play our opponents next. I think we tenderize them for the next team. We are especially hard on qbs. SIU qb broke his hand and went out.

Anytime a 300 lb person lands on you it has to hurt and something has to eventually give.

silkamilkamonico
10-20-2013, 05:37 PM
Not sure if we've even really played anyone good yet this year. Will likely have to wait for the playoffs for that.

tjbison
10-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Not sure if we've even really played anyone good yet this year. Will likely have to wait for the playoffs for that.

What?? are you nuts?

UNI was good how can you say they weren't?

silkamilkamonico
10-20-2013, 05:48 PM
What?? are you nuts?

UNI was good how can you say they weren't?

They were good when we played them? Or they still are even though they are on like a 3 game losing streak?

We probably played our worst game of the year against them (mistakes, penalty's, drops, etc) and we couldn't give that game to them.

tjbison
10-20-2013, 05:53 PM
They were good when we played them? Or they still are even though they are on like a 3 game losing streak?

We probably played our worst game of the year against them (mistakes, penalty's, drops, etc) and we couldn't give that game to them.

:facepalm2:

ok, they were bad..........

BlueBisonRock
10-20-2013, 08:17 PM

For shits and giggles, please refer to your comments in the basketball forum regarding the lack of apparent DI BB knowledge presented by certain posters. The corollary is really apparent with these posts.

And yes, the Bison have played and beaten some talented teams.

IzzyFlexion
10-21-2013, 12:04 AM
Anytime a 300 lb person lands on you it has to hurt and something has to eventually give.

I believe that a 230# drunk guy falling flat onto his back into a 5 foot deep and dry creek bed produces the same amount of force and has the potential to do even more damage.

What say you, SD's attorney?

A1pigskin
10-21-2013, 12:10 AM
I believe that a 230# drunk guy falling flat onto his back into a 5 foot deep and dry creek bed produces the same amount of force and has the potential to do even more damage.

What say you, SD's attorney?

I would disagree. A drunk guy would feel less pain and be more limber. He would get up limp a little and say damn that hurt, let's do it again.

IzzyFlexion
10-21-2013, 12:14 AM
I would disagree. A drunk guy would feel less pain and be more limber. He would get up limp a little and say damn that hurt, let's do it again.

Well...............by the time I found my glasses and my car keys (that went a-flyin' upon impact) my zest for a repeat performance gave way to my insatiable need for another Beam-Coke double tall.

A1pigskin
10-21-2013, 12:20 AM
I don't know if this was mentioned, but all the teams the Bison played had a lot of players injured. This could be having an impact on the other teams losing after playing the Bison.

aces1180
10-21-2013, 01:53 AM
Faulkner is probably out for the year with a broken index finger on his throwing hand...The curse continues.

NDSU1980
10-21-2013, 02:15 AM
I'll bet Gramblings problems stem all the way back to 1965 when we beat them. Never been the same since.

gizmo
10-21-2013, 01:59 PM

You have some guts to spout this sort of heresy on Bisonville! BTW, I tend to partially agree with you. I think we've played some "good" teams but not any really good ones. This is in no way an indictment of the quality of the Bison wins this year because we have answered the bell every week.

56BISON73
10-21-2013, 02:04 PM
I'll bet Gramblings problems stem all the way back to 1965 when we beat them. Never been the same since.

Wow this curse is bigger than I thought!

IBleedYellow
10-21-2013, 03:21 PM
But Sam Houston State seems to be unaffected by this.

Until the National Title game, at least :D

Tatanka
10-21-2013, 03:22 PM
But Sam Houston State seems to be unaffected by this.

Until the National Title game, at least :D

They have all spring and summer to recuperate.

Bison"FANatic"
11-19-2013, 02:56 PM
I will preface this by saying we don't play dirty but man do we play hard and to the whistle. Some of these had nothing to do with the Bison hits per say but they all had to do with the pressure we get on a QB be it them hitting hand on a helmet or twisting a knee moving away from pressure.

In the semifinal last year the Georgia Southern QB could hardly move and was pretty ineffective towards the end of the game.
In the finals the twig from Sam Houston was out for part of the game and looked like he didn't want any part of the field at the end of the game
Missouri States qb was knocked out this year in the game
UNI QB was knocked out this year in the game.
YSU starter was knocked out of the game
YSU second string was knocked out of the game.

Did I miss any????????

I would not want to be a QB playing us. We are that good on the D line and linebackers at making their life hell.

aces1180
11-19-2013, 03:02 PM
I will preface this by saying we don't play dirty but man do we play hard and to the whistle. Some of these had nothing to do with the Bison hits per say but they all had to do with the pressure we get on a QB be it them hitting hand on a helmet or twisting a knee moving away from pressure.

In the semifinal last year the Georgia Southern QB could hardly move and was pretty ineffective towards the end of the game.
In the finals the twig from Sam Houston was out for part of the game and looked like he didn't want any part of the field at the end of the game
Missouri States qb was knocked out this year in the game
UNI QB was knocked out this year in the game.
YSU starter was knocked out of the game
YSU second string was knocked out of the game.

Did I miss any????????

I would not want to be a QB playing us. We are that good on the D line and linebackers at making their life hell.

SIU QB broke his hand against us...

StL Bison Fan
11-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Leaving the stadium Sat. The Youngstown fans kept telling us ( after the damn you are where we were stuff) that we have big players. Yeah, ok. I just told them we have a weight room.