PDA

View Full Version : UNI goes down

1st&TennBison
10-20-2013, 12:45 AM
USD took out UNI in OT. Wow how the mighty have fallen. 3 losses in a row and two of them in OT at home. I don't feel sorry for them one bit.:hungry:

tjbison
10-20-2013, 12:47 AM
LOL, that's awesome

BisoninNWMN
10-20-2013, 12:58 AM
Screw UNI....hate them.

Bunch of whiners on panthernation....:rofl:

IBleedYellow
10-20-2013, 01:21 AM
Panther Nation has every excuse as to why they lost other than the fact they simply got out played.

Refs, injuries, Farley.

Lol

Moto X

MNLonghorn10
10-20-2013, 01:24 AM
McNeese up 14-6 over Sam houston closing in on the half

devin45k
10-20-2013, 01:25 AM
I couldn't believe it when I saw it on ESPN. USD is steadily improving. UNI is imploding too.

HandoEX
10-20-2013, 01:28 AM
Wow, that's shocking, and pathetic.

bisonmike2
10-20-2013, 01:37 AM
The had a 28-7 lead, at home, late in the third. Wow.

GRAFTONBISON
10-20-2013, 01:39 AM
Not good for getting MVFC teams in the playoffs. May only be 2 unless UNI and or SIU wins out.

NDSUstudent
10-20-2013, 01:41 AM
It will be desperation Saturday in Brookings next week...Bunnies vs Panthers....Loser's season is over.

NorthernBison
10-20-2013, 02:06 AM
It will be desperation Saturday in Brookings next week...Bunnies vs Panthers....Loser's season is over.

Both should be over. SDSU never was any good and UNI isn't a playoff team anymore.

3 playoff spots? 4 looks like a huge stretch right now.

NDSUstudent
10-20-2013, 02:11 AM
Both should be over. SDSU never was any good and UNI isn't a playoff team anymore.

3 playoff spots? 4 looks like a huge stretch right now.

UNI can win out and be in. They do have quality non-conference wins.

SDSU would need more help but 8-4 would put them in the discussion.

MNLonghorn10
10-20-2013, 02:14 AM
Usd has a shot. They need to win 3 of 4 vs @isur, 3@home vs ysu, Montana and sdsu then at ndsu. I think they can take sdsu so 2 of 3 vs Montana ysu &isur. Definitely not an impossible feat

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-20-2013, 02:22 AM

I would say both team's season is already over.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-20-2013, 02:26 AM
Cheez, qualifying for the FCS playoffs is starting to resemble getting a bowl bid in the FBS.

Some pretty sub-par teams in the playoff hunt.

BisoninNWMN
10-20-2013, 02:26 AM
UNI wins out they are in.

SDSU needs to win out and get some help IMO.

SIU is in if they win out and go 8-4.

YSU and NDSU are both in.

MHDBisonfan
10-20-2013, 02:30 AM
Youngstown had the same issues last year after playing the Bison. Losses to the Herd when the other team thinks they can win must sure be deflating to them.

Top 5 matchup last year, Bison beat YSU, YSU goes on 4 game losing streak.
Top 5 matchup this year, Bison beat UNI, UNI goes on 3 game losing streak...and counting.

Facts
10-20-2013, 02:37 AM
The had a 28-7 lead, at home, late in the third. Wow.

A win is a win for USD, but I wonder how much the 3 INTs kollmorgan threw factored into this one.

BadlandsBison
10-20-2013, 02:40 AM
Usd has a shot. They need to win 3 of 4 vs @isur, 3@home vs ysu, Montana and sdsu then at ndsu. I think they can take sdsu so 2 of 3 vs Montana ysu &isur. Definitely not an impossible feat

I hope they make it, jusy not by beating NDSU. Doubt they have a chance against us though

Yote 53
10-20-2013, 03:03 AM
Not banking on a win against NDSU as a path to the playoffs. The good news is we are getting into a stretch of a lot of home games. The DakotaDome is a dangerous place for opponents. We're in the playoff hunt.

MNLonghorn10
10-20-2013, 03:04 AM
I hope they make it, jusy not by beating NDSU. Doubt they have a chance against us though

They don't. But isur is winnable..and then three straight at home. I'm buying usd hope cheap

northerniowadave
10-20-2013, 03:05 AM
Did you watch the game? I'm the typically the purple voice of objectivity. Bad calls typically balance themselves out. Tonight, the refs were bad, and the calls didn't balance out. But that being said, this team did implode. I'm not sure we will win another game. Half the team looks checked out.
Panther Nation has every excuse as to why they lost other than the fact they simply got out played.

Refs, injuries, Farley.

Lol

Moto X

Yote 53
10-20-2013, 03:23 AM
Did you watch the game? I'm the typically the purple voice of objectivity. Bad calls typically balance themselves out. Tonight, the refs were bad, and the calls didn't balance out. But that being said, this team did implode. I'm not sure we will win another game. Half the team looks checked out.

Check the game yardage. Who outplayed who? It's always the refs, isn't it?

gotts
10-20-2013, 03:24 AM

Children, go argue elsewhere

1bizon1
10-20-2013, 04:56 AM
Let em go, our fans do the same on other boards!

HerdBot
10-20-2013, 06:25 AM

Don't feel bad. Uni fans never give the other team credit. Apparently they thought their morale victory vs us was enough to guarantee a playoff spot. Now it looks like the Yotes have a shot at the playoffs. Glenn is a good coach. Congrats

MNLonghorn10
10-20-2013, 06:28 AM
Yep. Go yotes...except against ndsu.

jimmyptubas
10-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Honest question here....
So..now UNI has lost the last 2 home games in a row and they've BOTH been in overtime. I was thinking..when is the last time there was an overtime at the dome? I feel like i'm missing an obvious game but it has to have been awhile right? Anyone know off the top of their head?

roadwarrior
10-20-2013, 11:14 AM
I dont think there has ever been a Bison game go into OT at the Fargodome

BisonTeacher
10-20-2013, 12:26 PM
Half the team looks checked out.

Thats a coaching issue.

BisoninNWMN
10-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Don't feel bad. Uni fans never give the other team credit. Apparently they thought their morale victory vs us was enough to guarantee a playoff spot. Now it looks like the Yotes have a shot at the playoffs. Glenn is a good coach. Congrats

This here.

There is always an excuse coming from UNI fans. Well, guess what kitty fans, maybe the other team was just better that day.....

northerniowadave
10-20-2013, 01:43 PM
This here.

There is always an excuse coming from UNI fans. Well, guess what kitty fans, maybe the other team was just better that day.....

At the end of the day, South Dakota was the better team. No doubt about it.

A1pigskin
10-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Screw UNI....hate them.

Bunch of whiners on panthernation....:rofl:

10-4...........

HerdBot
10-20-2013, 08:05 PM
At the end of the day, South Dakota was the better team. No doubt about it.

The USD game I had pencilled in as an easy win. Heck now they could be playing for a playoff spot. Crazy how quickly a good coach can turn things around. They are doing it the right way too. Patience and player development. This conference was tough to begin with. Throw in a competitive USD team and wow!

missingnumber7
10-20-2013, 10:19 PM

I'll go one better...in the entirety of the program there has never been an overtime game in Fargo.

Only 1 OT game since going D1 :(
2 in 03 @ St Cloud St and UND
4Ot's @ USD in 02
97 @ USD

Overtime was introduced to College football in 96. It was used in playoffs only before that.
94 @ Pitt St 3OT's in playoffs
92 @ Pitt St in playoffs

The closest thing to OT in Fargo would be a 7-7 tie vs Augie in 1989.
Morningside in 85
SDSU in 1960
USD in 1959
Augie in 54

Take that in comparison with Jacksonville State who had 3 consecutive OT games this season.

aces1180
10-20-2013, 10:23 PM
I'll go one better...in the entirety of the program there has never been an overtime game in Fargo.

Only 1 OT game since going D1 :(
4Ot's @ USD in 02
97 @ USD

Overtime was introduced to College football in 96. It was used in playoffs only before that.
92 @ Pitt St in playoffs

Morningside in 85
SDSU in 1960
USD in 1959
Augie in 54

Take that in comparison with Jacksonville State who had 3 consecutive OT games this season.

Ugh, that game still bothers me...Our TE dropped the GW TD and a win would have sent us to the playoffs in our last year of DII.

missingnumber7
10-20-2013, 10:27 PM
Ugh, that game still bothers me...Our TE dropped the GW TD and a win would have sent us to the playoffs in our last year of DII.

I had to watch the crappy UND game in Iraq and the feed cut out right before OT.

HerdBot
10-21-2013, 12:39 AM

Had we not beaten #3 Montana and won a D2 cupcake game, we would have made it. If you remember due to idiotic rules, a D1 win meant nothing :facepalm:
Glad we left those d bags behind

BisonNeil
10-21-2013, 01:32 AM
UNIs FBS victory will give them a lot of cred with the playoff committee. My bet they are in even with one more loss.

BisoninNWMN
10-21-2013, 02:21 AM
UNIs FBS victory will give them a lot of cred with the playoff committee. My bet they are in even with one more loss.

Hope we see them again cus the Bison will beat them handily.

ndsubison1
10-21-2013, 04:50 AM
I would say both team's season is already over.

uni only has 3 losses

HerdBot
10-21-2013, 05:40 AM
uni only has 3 losses

But 0-3 in conference play. 5 games left. 3 on the road. Tough games ahead. Need to win at least 3 probability 4
@sdsu
@ isu red who is playing well now
Youngstown
@Missouri State
Western Illinois

Hammerhead
10-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Has there even been an overtime in Fargo? The only overtime games I could find in the media guide were road games. (2 regular season road games in 2003 and a few road playoff losses in OT)

missingnumber7
10-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Has there even been an overtime in Fargo? The only overtime games I could find in the media guide were road games. (2 regular season road games in 2003 and a few road playoff losses in OT)

Only 1 OT game since going D1
4Ot's @ USD in 02
97 @ USD

92 @ Pitt St in playoffs

Morningside in 85
SDSU in 1960
USD in 1959
Augie in 54

Leonardite
10-22-2013, 01:55 PM
I remember one game that was on the verge of going to OT in the Dome against Emporia State. The Brian Shay game. We rallied from a fourth quarter deficit, had to go for two to tie the game with hardly any time left on the clock. On the play, guard or center steps on Feeney's foot immediately after the snap, he falls, we lose by two. Talk about anti-climactic.

HerdBot
10-22-2013, 02:06 PM
I remember one game that was on the verge of going to OT in the Dome against Emporia State. The Brian Shay game. We rallied from a fourth quarter deficit, had to go for two to tie the game with hardly any time left on the clock. On the play, guard or center steps on Feeney's foot immediately after the snap, he falls, we lose by two. Talk about anti-climactic.

I vaguely remember that game... was at it. Was pretty young. Mid 90s?
Shay was destroying us. Short white kid is all I remember. Set a record that year

1998braves64
10-22-2013, 05:29 PM
I vaguely remember that game... was at it. Was pretty young. Mid 90s?
Shay was destroying us. Short white kid is all I remember. Set a record that year

1998 was my first bison game in person... game was a buzz kill. That was the year Kleinsasser killed us also.

Also that is the last home opener we've lost I believe?

Hammerhead
10-26-2013, 11:35 PM
UNI loses in overtime for the 3rd straight game. That must be some kind of record. :)

tjbison
10-26-2013, 11:38 PM
UNI loses in overtime for the 3rd straight game. That must be some kind of record. :)

no their record is 4-4 overall and 0-4 in Conference:biggrin:

looks like they will save some money on paint for the garage this year too

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-27-2013, 02:07 AM

What has happened to them this season?

td577
10-27-2013, 02:10 AM
What has happened to them this season?

They've been out officiated.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

1st&TennBison
10-27-2013, 03:27 AM
They've been out officiated.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Yep, the officials are beating them, the other teams are beating them, and they are also getting their asses handed to them on a plate at panthernation. Funny how years ago they use to smack talk everyone when they were winning, but now that they have been struggling they cry foul when people do it to them. Say something less than positive about them on panthernation and they ban you for 6 months even if you don't break any of their rules of conduct. I for one am happy they are sucking ass, with all the smack talk they do and crying about getting the short end of the stick every time they lose it serves them right.

Tatanka
10-27-2013, 03:30 AM
So I wouldn't be able to create a user account over there called gotta earn it?

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

northerniowadave
10-27-2013, 03:39 AM
Yep, the officials are beating them, the other teams are beating them, and they are also getting their asses handed to them on a plate at panthernation. Funny how years ago they use to smack talk everyone when they were winning, but now that they have been struggling they cry foul when people do it to them. Say something less than positive about them on panthernation and they ban you for 6 months even if you don't break any of their rules of conduct. I for one am happy they are sucking ass, with all the smack talk they do and crying about getting the short end of the stick every time they lose it serves them right.

You can't even be a Panther fan and have an objective opinion at panthernation. Panther fans aren't even agreeing with each other now. If I were you guys, I'd forget about UNI. It isn't even worth your time, unless your objective is to purely talk smack. It's going to be a long time till UNI has a national contender again, and if even then, it won't be an ongoing thing, just a lucky year. panthernation doesn't even have a bikini thread, how stupid is that? I should have paid my supporting member money to bisonville.

1st&TennBison
10-27-2013, 03:54 AM

Oh they would let you in. As often as I see you getting into pictures and showing up on TV all the time they need someone like you so they can get national exposure.

CAS4127
10-27-2013, 04:01 AM
You can't even be a Panther fan and have an objective opinion at panthernation. Panther fans aren't even agreeing with each other now. If I were you guys, I'd forget about UNI. It isn't even worth your time, unless your objective is to purely talk smack. It's going to be a long time till UNI has a national contender again, and if even then, it won't be an ongoing thing, just a lucky year. panthernation doesn't even have a bikini thread, how stupid is that? I should have paid my supporting member money to bisonville.

@panthernationnonnotatty's

EFF YOU AND WE OWN YOU!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

BadlandsBison
10-27-2013, 04:49 AM

Hahaha! How many Zenners did they let Zenner earn?

BisoninNWMN
10-27-2013, 12:36 PM

I approve this message....:biggrin:

KSBisonFan
10-27-2013, 01:06 PM

Dude, you are a terrible troll! :biggrin: I think 'NDSUdave' is available for your screen name.

tony
10-27-2013, 02:00 PM

I checked out panthernation and I've seen worse meltdowns in the first half of a game-day threads here*. :)

UNI needs Farley back at LB and a little better luck on injuries. The MVFC is a tough league with razor-thin margins of victory as, obviously, the difference between UNI going 4-0 instead of 0-4 in conference is tiny.

That said, UNI is a rival. My theory on rivals: I want rivals to win all their games until they play NDSU, then I want NDSU to crush their spirit, then I want them to lose all the rest of their conference games. I salute the Panthers for sticking to the script.

*And, hey, at least your fans aren't singling out one of your own players for all the blame (i.e. I'm talking about Mertens - NDSU's defense was giving up 30 points a game and the QB was the sole reason for the 3-8 season? Really????)

Tatanka
10-27-2013, 02:08 PM
I checked out panthernation and I've seen worse meltdowns in the first half of a game-day threads here*. :)

UNI needs Farley back at LB and a little better luck on injuries. The MVFC is a tough league with razor-thin margins of victory as, obviously, the difference between UNI going 4-0 instead of 0-4 in conference is tiny.

That said, UNI is a rival. My theory on rivals: I want rivals to win all their games until they play NDSU, then I want NDSU to crush their spirit, then I want them to lose all the rest of their conference games. I salute the Panthers for sticking to the script.

*And, hey, at least your fans aren't singling out one of your own players for all the blame (i.e. I'm talking about Mertens - NDSU's defense was giving up 30 points a game and the QB was the sole reason for the 3-8 season? Really????)

according to Farley, they don't have rivals. Your post is invalid.

MNLonghorn10
10-27-2013, 02:42 PM
i became a full time NDSU fan back in 2008. had a few bumpy years right away, but I dont even want to know the emotional mess I'd be in without them(in the sporting world).

I suggest just bailing and becoming and NDSU fan. no one here would judge you

Tatanka
10-27-2013, 03:05 PM
Northerniowadave is alright... He deserves better. Just needs to say the word and we'll start the paperwork to join bison nation.

BisonNation11
10-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Northerniowadave is alright... He deserves better. Just needs to say the word and we'll start the paperwork to join bison nation.

The real question is, who is sacrificed so Dave can join???

IzzyFlexion
10-27-2013, 04:04 PM
The real question is, who is sacrificed so Dave can join???

I'll go.
Turns out being inappropriate on a message board leads to being inappropriate in real life. How'd that work out for me?

northerniowadave
10-27-2013, 06:46 PM
I'll go.
Turns out being inappropriate on a message board leads to being inappropriate in real life. How'd that work out for me?

Yeah, I kinda feel bad my wife and I didn't make it to the Northern to party with you after the UNI game.

BisonTeacher
10-27-2013, 07:21 PM
I'll go.

Over my dead body!!! YOu stay the way you are. I have to live vicariously through someone. Besides...I like you Izzy. You are a good guy. Don't change a thing.

IzzyFlexion
10-27-2013, 11:47 PM
Over my dead body!!! YOu stay the way you are. I have to live vicariously through someone. Besides...I like you Izzy. You are a good guy. Don't change a thing.

thanks palzer.

Hammerhead
11-02-2013, 08:56 PM
UNI loses again to go 0-5 in conference play. If Southern Ill. can keep a 13-point lead with less than 3 minutes to go, UNI can finish no better than 7th in the conference since they would lose a tie-breaker to the teams that currently have 3 conference wins.

Tatanka
11-02-2013, 09:06 PM
UNI loses again to go 0-5 in conference play. If Southern Ill. can keep a 13-point lead with less than 3 minutes to go, UNI can finish no better than 7th in the conference since they would lose a tie-breaker to the teams that currently have 3 conference wins.

bwahahaaahaha ha Ha ha. H h I think my funny bone is broken.

tjbison
11-02-2013, 09:14 PM
what do UNI and indiana st have in common??

aces1180
11-02-2013, 09:27 PM
what do UNI and indiana st have in common??

Both have 0.0 wins in the MVFC.

tjbison
11-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Both have 0.0 wins in the MVFC.

you are correct!!!

BisoninNWMN
11-02-2013, 10:18 PM
LMAO

UNI sucks....hate them!!!

:rofl:

Hope they lose all of their games!!

Wally
11-03-2013, 12:03 AM
LMAO

UNI sucks....hate them!!!

:rofl:

Hope they lose all of their games!!

I wouldn't mind if they won next week

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-03-2013, 01:08 AM
They are officially terrible.

BisonNation11
11-03-2013, 02:20 AM
I'm betting PGT is thanking his lucky stars he switched schools on signing day.

BisoninNWMN
11-03-2013, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't mind if they won next week

Ya, good point!

:nod:

tjbison
11-04-2013, 01:24 AM
From the Normal, Il Newspaper article on the game yesterday. Wonder how much tape UNI has sent in this year since 5 losses are the refs fault

On the next play from scrimmage, Northern Iowa quarterback Sawyer Kollmorgen threw left to Chad Owens, who could not handle it. Allen swooped in, scooped up the loose ball and sprinted 17 yards for a touchdown with what was ruled a lateral.

“I really thought the player was down and it just popped out,” said Allen. “I saw it, ran full speed, picked it up and just saw green (turf). We do that in practice. If the ball is dropped on the ground, you pick it up and score. I did that and it ended up being a touchdown.”

UNI coach Mark Farley “didn’t have a line” on whether the play should have been ruled an incomplete pass.

“I’ll watch it (on video). I’ve sent stuff in on Sunday and it doesn’t matter,” Farley said. “A win is a win and a loss is a loss so what they called was right. That was the difference in the game.”

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/football/illinois-state-shuts-down-northern-iowa/article_5f65eb24-4402-11e3-a230-0019bb2963f4.html

Tatanka
11-04-2013, 01:35 AM
Lol@uni.