PDA

View Full Version : What's the Story With SUU

No_Skill
10-24-2006, 12:51 AM
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty much Gopher'ed out. * [smiley=undecided.gif]

I checked the GWFC statistics and SUU ranks in the middle to bottom of most stat categories. *They are 3-5 overall and 0-2 in the Great West. *

Here is how there season has gone so far:

Sept. 2 Montana Tech Cedar City, UT (1-0) W 34-0
Sept. 9 Western State Cedar City, UT (2-0) W 55-3
Sept. 16 Weber State at Ogden, UT (2-1) L 13-24
Sept. 23 Texas State Cedar City, UT (3-1) W 30-21
Sept. 30 Cal Poly* at San Luis Obispo, CA (3-2) L 14-18
Oct. 7 McNeese State at Lake Charles, LA (3-3) L 27-30
Oct. 12 Florida Atlantic at Ft. Lauderdlae, FL (3-4) L 7-32
Oct. 21 UC Davis* at Davis, CA (3-5) L 7-27

Notice that they played Cal Poly awfuly close.

I am confident we will win, but do they have any advantages other than homefield? *Thoughts?

No_Skill
10-24-2006, 01:05 AM
BTW, I have been to thier message board and it is very dead. I'm talkin' MVSU dead.

It looks like they play at Eccles Coliseum (outdoor) with a capacity of 8500. They have been drawing on average, 6400 in home attendance.

roadwarrior
10-24-2006, 01:42 AM
We played there last year also, and they have a pretty nice stadium. On the small side for seating, but a nice setting. Last year it was a night game, this week it is in the afternoon.

Bisonguy
10-24-2006, 01:45 AM
SUU has either 17 or 23 (can't remember ::)) players coming back from their Mormon mission this year, so the team will have a much different look than last year. I thought they had a few very athletic players last year.

The Bison should win this one, as long as they don't put it on cruise control. I believe the team will take out a bit of the Gopher letdown (they didn't display it, though) on the Thunderbirds.

Scooter
10-24-2006, 01:52 AM
I think that the Bison are going to win this one going away. *look for the Bison to put up 42 points in this one. *

I believe that we are better at these positions, QB, LB, WR, OL, DL, DB's, RB,TE, and special teams. *Wait a minute... thats everyone :-? *

If 62000 people aren't going to rattle the Bison, 4500 certainly won't. *Besides look for about 1000 of those to be bison fans.

Bison 42 SUU 10

NDSUstudent
10-24-2006, 01:52 AM
From the way the team responded I would like to think there will be no letdown at SUU. It seemed like the players felt like they let the game get away from them but instead of getting depressed about it they decided to move on and get ready to take on bigger and more important challenges(Great West title, marker game, and finishing the season out strongly).

Gamehunter
10-24-2006, 02:06 AM
I honestly don't think SUU has much of a chance in this one. The best they can hope for is for Walker to have an off day and for ALOT of fumbles.

doubt SUU will put up much more than 7 points. As for the Bison offense, they could put up anywhere from 14-50 points on the T-birds. This could be another Stephen F. Austin type game.

Maybe this Bison secondary isn't so susceptible after all?
Of the combined 7 opponents including 2 DI-A's, the Bison secondary has given up 3 passing touchdowns, 2 of those being blown coverages in the Ball State game against a pretty potent passing attack. The only other passing TD came late in the 4th qarter of the Northeastern game. It has been 4 games since any team has passed for a TD on the bison. It looks like this team might be just hitting it's stride in time for conference play. Look out Great West, this may get ugly in a hurry...

We all know how good the run defense is...

NDSU 30 SUU 3

WYOBISONMAN
10-24-2006, 02:23 AM
SUU gave Poly a hell of a run. They have the potential to be explosive when you don't expect it and therefore are dangerous.

No_Skill
10-24-2006, 02:30 AM
Bison 42 SUU 10

So you're saying SUU is as good as the Gophers on offence?

sambini
10-24-2006, 03:25 AM
BRING ON THE COMPETION+++++++++++

rabidrabbit
10-24-2006, 03:30 AM
SUU gave Poly a hell of a run. *They have the potential to be explosive when you don't expect it and therefore are dangerous.

In listening to the Poly/SUU game, I believe T'Birds made their points on defense/blocked punt. *I don't think their offense scored points. *Their QB, Wes ?? is getting fair marks. *Be the defensive team you've been, I think (and projected at AGS) this would be a fairly decisive game for the Bison.

Would love to have the Dakota Marker Game be for the GWFC title!

scottheck
10-24-2006, 03:57 AM
BTW, I have been to thier message board and it is very dead. *I'm talkin' MVSU dead.

Just checked, it looks like there's only been 1 or 2 posts this season...

Scooter
10-27-2006, 01:28 AM
Bison 42 SUU 10

So you're saying SUU is as good as the Gophers on offence?

I'm saying that our second stringers will se a lot of action in the second half and this will account for the 10 points.

You can't compare the two games....U of M - NDSU vs S Utah - NDSU

Oh, I forgot...our defense is just as good as Michigan's. :D