PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Sports bar for watching Bison Games

bisondad
10-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Hi All;

We're coming up for Homecoming and do not have tickets, so we are wondering what are the best sports bars for watching Bison games???? Thanks

1998braves64
10-11-2013, 11:18 AM
BWW right across from dome is good... Never watched a bison game there, easy access from tailgating though and lots of TVs.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

1st&TennBison
10-11-2013, 12:00 PM
BWW right across from dome is good... Never watched a bison game there, easy access from tailgating though and lots of TVs.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
Some bars might be classier than others, but there is a good bet that every bar in town will have the game on. I like the Buffalo Wild Wings idea myself. Bar/grill type place that is good for hanging out at. On a positive note, the one by the Dome allows you the chance to go to the tailgating lots for a bit before going back to the bar.

IndyBison
10-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Don't give up on finding tickets in the parking lot before the game.

Gully
10-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Don't give up on finding tickets in the parking lot before the game.

Are you coming back this year? I thought maybe since they changed the parade back to the way it was when you were in school you would be excited to see it again :)

NDSU_grad
10-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Hi All;

We're coming up for Homecoming and do not have tickets, so we are wondering what are the best sports bars for watching Bison games???? Thanks

I've watched a couple of games from the north BWW. You can tailgate all day and then walk over to watch the game. Every time I've done this there are surprisingly few people in there. Maybe 1/4 to 1/2 full.

MankatoBison
10-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Hi All;

I would actually try walking up to the ticket gate before the stadium opens and ask them if they have "Obstructed View" tickets left. They dont "sell" them unless you specifically ask for them as far as I know. It has NEVER failed when I've gone- even during "sold out" games. Just get the tickets and go chill in the empty student section seats. No one will think anything of it I promise. Brought my Dad with me last week and the other students loved it haha, people giving him high fives etc. You can definitely get inside if you still want and the seats arent bad at all!

IndyBison
10-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Are you coming back this year? I thought maybe since they changed the parade back to the way it was when you were in school you would be excited to see it again :)

Ha ha. I'm only a couple years older than you. The parade has always been Saturday morning for me. I hope this change works out, but I prefer Saturday morning.

I wish I could make it but my college crew was given a game every week this year. No breaks until possibly Thanksgiving and I hope to be working a playoff game that weekend. This weekend 2 top 10 NAIA schools! Should be a great one.

Gully
10-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Ha ha. I'm only a couple years older than you. The parade has always been Saturday morning for me. I hope this change works out, but I prefer Saturday morning.

I wish I could make it but my college crew was given a game every week this year. No breaks until possibly Thanksgiving and I hope to be working a playoff game that weekend. This weekend 2 top 10 NAIA schools! Should be a great one.

Have a good game. MIBT!

I like Friday night..... Too bad it was cancelled.

CaBisonFan
10-11-2013, 10:36 PM
What are some good eating places in Fargo? Not sports bar.

Kermit
10-11-2013, 10:41 PM

Mezzaluna, Monte's, HoDo, Maxwell's are good fine dining options.

CaBisonFan
10-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Mezzaluna, Monte's, HoDo, Maxwell's are good fine dining options.

Thanks Kermit

Fast50Dad
10-11-2013, 11:03 PM
CaBisonFan, are you in town and tailgating tomorrow?

CaBisonFan
10-11-2013, 11:22 PM
CaBisonFan, are you in town and tailgating tomorrow?Wish I was coming. No...a friend from MSU was wondering.

Fast50Dad
10-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Got it, let me know if you'll make it to Fargo this year.

CaBisonFan
10-11-2013, 11:33 PM
Got it, let me know if you'll make it to Fargo this year.

Will do...thanks.

SafeTeeJ
10-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Just arrived in town with the bride. Poured our first drinks. Heading out to din din. Then to private kegger

See you tomorrow!

hail the Bison!

Tony Almeida
10-12-2013, 01:02 AM

Spitfire Grill hands down!! In West Fargo on 13th Ave. Lucky 13's is good too.

DjKyRo
10-12-2013, 01:14 AM
Just arrived in town with the bride. Poured our first drinks. Heading out to din din. Then to private kegger

See you tomorrow!

hail the Bison!

Private kegger? What, heading to Concordia's homecoming festivities too?

CaBisonFan
10-12-2013, 01:21 AM
Private kegger? What, heading to Concordia's homecoming festivities too?Little do you know what goes on in the night.

Maybe you 'do' know.

Bisonfan1
10-12-2013, 03:58 PM

See you tomorrow!

hail the Bison!

Did you ask Kolpak about his pick last week ? :D

A1pigskin
10-12-2013, 04:13 PM

You can pig out at Pizza Ranch.