PDA

View Full Version : FCS PlayOff Brackets

Pages : [1] 2

JustinTyem
10-10-2013, 05:04 AM
Newest Projections are out,and they have 4 MVFC teams. http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf

ndsubison1
10-10-2013, 05:31 AM
fordham would be a scary 2nd round matchup

BisonTeacher
10-10-2013, 08:34 AM
I dont like that one. Doesnt have msu coming to the dome for their beat down.

MNLonghorn10
10-10-2013, 11:00 AM

Fordham is that even a real place?? Or is it the people from Ford...and Hampton Inn & Suites get together and build a co-rec team...get out of here

http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/k-state-mask-wildcats-video.jpg

1998braves64
10-10-2013, 11:37 AM
and SHSU would be big fluffy champs again, plus they have SDSU in the wrong spot!

totoinfl
10-10-2013, 01:23 PM
I think a Towson- UNI matchup would be interesting.

Trumpster
10-10-2013, 01:24 PM
It's garbage, we'd play SDSU in round 2.

tojo70
10-10-2013, 03:48 PM
I dont like that one. Doesnt have msu coming to the dome for their beat down.
True, but we would be able to get EWU to the Dome for their beat down

bisoningrandforks
10-10-2013, 03:59 PM
nothing wrong with that bracket..

missingnumber7
10-10-2013, 05:05 PM
nothing wrong with that bracket..

So Maine, Villanova, and EWU coming to the dome? Thats a meat grinder for SHSU.

ndsubison1
10-10-2013, 07:02 PM
So Maine, Villanova, and EWU coming to the dome? Thats a meat grinder for SHSU.

or even eastern illinois. they have a great offense. was up 20-0 on Northern Illinois until NIU had a good comeback

missingnumber7
10-10-2013, 07:11 PM
or even eastern illinois. they have a great offense. was up 20-0 on Northern Illinois until NIU had a good comeback But Eastern Ill wouldn't be nearly as fun as EWU, except very few are the players that were helped out by the Dbag from the Pac12. Nova was the team we would've played, and Maine should've came to fargo after 9/11.

56BISON73
10-11-2013, 01:43 AM
It's garbage, we'd play SDSU in round 2.

????????????????????????????????

JDZ
10-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Maine should've came to fargo after 9/11.

I forgot about that. Was that part of a would-be home-and-home that just got cancelled altogether? I looked up the 2002 schedule and there were only 10 games.

roadwarrior
10-11-2013, 11:18 PM
The Maine game was not a home and home.

missingnumber7
10-12-2013, 12:10 AM
Only place I've seen where a D1aa team would've traveled to a d2 team.

gumby013
10-12-2013, 12:15 AM
Only place I've seen where a D1aa team would've traveled to a d2 team.

Ball State bought out a return trip to ISU RED just a couple months ago.

http://overthepylon.net/2013/08/28/ball-state-wont-be-making-a-return-trip-to-illinois-state/

Not the same...but it's on the same level.

BisoninNWMN
10-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Interesting bracket.

Hope we get a pass happy EWU or EIU to the FD.

missingnumber7
10-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Ball State bought out a return trip to ISU RED just a couple months ago.

http://overthepylon.net/2013/08/28/ball-state-wont-be-making-a-return-trip-to-illinois-state/

Not the same...but it's on the same level.
MAC or Sun Belt to Certain FCS teams would be increase in attendance but FCS to a D2 should bring ridicule.

JDZ
10-13-2013, 03:23 AM

So why only 10 games in 2002?

ndsubison1
10-13-2013, 09:07 AM
Interesting bracket.

Hope we get a pass happy EWU or EIU to the FD.

if there's one team i don't want to face its eiu. they are vastly improved from last season

BisoninNWMN
10-13-2013, 12:06 PM
if there's one team i don't want to face its eiu. they are vastly improved from last season

Bring them on. Their run defense is mediocre at best so I would think our TOP domination would help keep their offense off the field.

BisonNation11
10-13-2013, 03:03 PM

SHSU walked all over them. I think it would be a game similar to yesterday's, but with more rushing yards for the good guys.

BisonNeil
10-13-2013, 03:28 PM
SHSU walked all over them. I think it would be a game similar to yesterday's, but with more rushing yards for the good guys.

I think you are confusing EIU with EWU. The only team to beat EIU this year was Northern Illinois. The EIU QB Garoppolo is generally regarded as the best NFL QB prospect in FCS.

BisonNation11
10-13-2013, 03:39 PM
I think you are confusing EIU with EWU. The only team to beat EIU this year was Northern Illinois. The EIU QB Garoppolo is generally regarded as the best NFL QB prospect in FCS.

Whoops! Yes I am! :biggrin: Sorry about that! People said those things about the Lehigh team in '11 as well. Either way I'm not concerned about anyone outside our conference.

onbison09
10-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Newest bracket http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf. I'd rather play Coastal Carolina than Villanova

gumby013
10-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Newest bracket http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf. I'd rather play Coastal Carolina than Villanova

YSU in the second round...this bracket is probably correct.

bisoningrandforks
10-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Villanova reminds me of how the Bison play at times.....watched the game with Towson yesterday and they made Towson pay for the turnovers.....Towson looked (crazy/speed) faster thing but where out of position a lot on defense....both are good teams.....would be a tough one with nova!

bisonmike2
10-13-2013, 04:44 PM
YSU in the second round...this bracket is probably correct.
Ugh, I would not want to play another MVFC opponent for our first game in the playoffs.

NDSUstudent
10-13-2013, 04:49 PM
I think the only way we play an MVFC team in our first game is if they are a bus trip away. The committee will try to avoid conference rematches if possible.

Bisonwinagn
10-13-2013, 06:36 PM
I think the only way we play an MVFC team in our first game is if they are a bus trip away. The committee will try to avoid conference rematches if possible.

This is false and conference match ups are not considered except for when both teams are playing their first game. The match ups are based on geography so we will get SDSU, UNI, Montana St in our first game as long as they are not seeded. Sux but such is life.

NDSUstudent
10-13-2013, 06:38 PM
This is false and conference match ups are not considered except for when both teams are playing their first game. The match ups are based on geography so we will get SDSU, UNI, Montana St in our first game as long as they are not seeded. Sux but such is life.

People on the committee tried to stop SDSU from coming here last year but since it was a bus trip that overruled everything(Bus trip=lots of money saved by the NCAA on travel expenses). The games are only based on geography when it involves getting on a bus and driving to the game. Once a team is flying it doesn't make much difference.

If you don't believe me look at last year's bracket. Once teams were flying it no longer made a difference. I'm sure the committee will want to avoid early match ups between conference opponents if at all possible but if SDSU is there they will come here for sure unless there is another schools they could bus to(UNI?).

ndsubison1
10-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Whoops! Yes I am! :biggrin: Sorry about that! People said those things about the Lehigh team in '11 as well. Either way I'm not concerned about anyone outside our conference.

this eiu team is much better than that lehigh team. they have the top fcs prospect at qb and nearly knocked off ranked northern illinois.

bisonaudit
10-13-2013, 08:23 PM
this eiu team is much better than that lehigh team. they have the top fcs prospect at qb and nearly knocked off ranked northern illinois.

Lehigh didn't look like much against Columbia.

Hammersmith
10-14-2013, 12:36 AM
People on the committee tried to stop SDSU from coming here last year but since it was a bus trip that overruled everything(Bus trip=lots of money saved by the NCAA on travel expenses). The games are only based on geography when it involves getting on a bus and driving to the game. Once a team is flying it doesn't make much difference.

If you don't believe me look at last year's bracket. Once teams were flying it no longer made a difference. I'm sure the committee will want to avoid early match ups between conference opponents if at all possible but if SDSU is there they will come here for sure unless there is another schools they could bus to(UNI?).

^ this ^

The question will be what the maximum driving distance is this year. They bumped it up a few years back, but I can't remember if it was from 350mi to 400mi or 400mi to 450mi. If it's 450mi, then NDSU to UNI and UNI to SIU are right on the edge(Google maps says 450 exactly in both cases). If the limit is 400mi, then NDSU/SDSU and SDSU/UNI are the two local pairings(ignoring USD and UN_ for the moment due to obvious reasons). If SDSU makes the playoffs, let's hope UNI does too. The NCAA may decide to send SDSU to UNI instead of repeating a playoff matchup from last year and give us someone new(like maybe Montana State or EWU in the Fargodome :hungry: ).

Hansel
10-14-2013, 12:45 AM
^ this ^

The question will be what the maximum driving distance is this year. They bumped it up a few years back, but I can't remember if it was from 350mi to 400mi or 400mi to 450mi. If it's 450mi, then NDSU to UNI and UNI to SIU are right on the edge(Google maps says 450 exactly in both cases). If the limit is 400mi, then NDSU/SDSU and SDSU/UNI are the two local pairings(ignoring USD and UN_ for the moment due to obvious reasons). If SDSU makes the playoffs, let's hope UNI does too. The NCAA may decide to send SDSU to UNI instead of repeating a playoff matchup from last year and give us someone new(like maybe Montana State or EWU in the Fargodome :hungry: ).
http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Resources/Latest+News/2010+news+stories/November/Bigger+bracket+no+problem+for+DI+Football+Committe e+on+selection+weekend

The limit was 400 miles in 2010- haven't found anything newer.

Hammersmith
10-14-2013, 12:50 AM
http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Resources/Latest+News/2010+news+stories/November/Bigger+bracket+no+problem+for+DI+Football+Committe e+on+selection+weekend

The limit was 400 miles in 2010- haven't found anything newer.

That sounds right. I think they bumped in up in either 2009 or 2010 as a result of the market tanking and fuel prices raising charter airline rates. So I guess we root for UNI to finish out the season strong if it looks like SDSU is going to get in.

IzzyFlexion
10-14-2013, 02:37 AM
^ this ^

The question will be what the maximum driving distance is this year. They bumped it up a few years back, but I can't remember if it was from 350mi to 400mi or 400mi to 450mi. If it's 450mi, then NDSU to UNI and UNI to SIU are right on the edge(Google maps says 450 exactly in both cases).

Well I'll be damned.
Both 450, huh? Didn't realize that those 2 schools were right on top of each other*. ...............................what?.............. .................................................. ....oh.

*twSDs

BISON1434er
10-15-2013, 01:13 AM
Is Costal Carolina really #5 Seed? If they win at South Carolina in November I will give them more credit, but until then, they seem out of place.

bisonaudit
10-15-2013, 01:34 AM
Is Costal Carolina really #5 Seed? If they win at South Carolina in November I will give them more credit, but until then, they seem out of place.

I agree, IMO, not a seed today.

SDSUAlum08
10-15-2013, 02:42 AM
Someone should start the list of teams who can't get to seven wins. I always think that's interesting. Might be a couple weeks early though I guess.

ndsubison1
10-15-2013, 09:01 AM

a little too high and no they wont beat south carolina

northerniowadave
10-15-2013, 11:59 AM

Just like that other Patriot League team, Lehigh was a couple of years ago.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

northerniowadave
10-15-2013, 12:02 PM

Without App and GASO being eligible, that is your southeast voting bias choice to represent.

missingnumber7
10-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Schools that can't get to 7 wins:
Weber State
Northern Colorado
Albany
Savannah State
Missouri State
Wagner
Austin Peay
Georgetown
Davidson
Stetson
Valparaiso
Western Carolina
Grambling State
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Texas Southern
Mississippi Valley State

Cant Get 7 D1 wins:
Portland State
Presbyterian
VMI
Incarnate Word
Charlotte
Abilene Christian
Indiana State
St. Francis
Central Connecticut State
Southeast Missouri State
Campbell
Jacksonville
Elon

Must Win Out:
North Dakota
UC Davis
VMI
Presbyterian
Rhode Island
Howard
Morgan State
Hampton
Indiana State
Illinois State
St. Francis
Southeast Missouri State
Bucknell
Colgate
Lafayette
Campbell
Jacksonville
Elon
Appalachian State
Citadel
Alabama A&M

Schools with 7 Wins: 7 D1 wins
Charleston Southern
Fordham

I don't remember if they waived the 7 D1 wins so I will include that in the count.

oldmantutters
10-15-2013, 05:27 PM
Must Win Out:
North Dakota

UN_ fans be like

1998braves64
10-15-2013, 05:58 PM
I don't remember if they waived the 7 D1 wins so I will include that in the count.

That changed, they're allowing at least 1 DII win to count. Just changed this year and why Bisonville didn't get too manic about the Ferris win not meaning anything. That win will count in the playoff selection committee eyes.

ndsubison1
10-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Just like that other Patriot League team, Lehigh was a couple of years ago.

fordham beat villanova and has an fbs win. lehigh didnt beat anybody of significance that season

taper
10-16-2013, 12:30 AM
Our Lehigh game was a lot closer than the score shows. We were still the better team but a pair of interceptions on our side of 50 and 2 early stops on 4th and short could have been big if changed.

LEH NDSU
1st Downs 19 20
Total Yards 356 384
Passing 288 163
Rushing 68 221
Penalties 6-50 6-54
3rd Down Conversions 5-15 5-11
4th Down Conversions 1-3 0-0
Turnovers 3 3
Possession 29:14 30:46

missingnumber7
10-16-2013, 01:33 PM
That changed, they're allowing at least 1 DII win to count. Just changed this year and why Bisonville didn't get too manic about the Ferris win not meaning anything. That win will count in the playoff selection committee eyes.

I'm going to keep track of teams with 7 wins vs 7 D1 wins. I wonder if you put 2 teams head to head...say a patriot league team with 7 D1 wins vs a MVFC team with 7 wins, one of them being against a DII. I think this is a slippery slope. There are more teams out there that are playing more than 1 DII team, and even an NAIA team. So how do they prioritize who gets in and the next thing they will say is that only so many teams from a given conference can get in. They add 4 slots and 1 Autobid...so that tells me 3 more CAA/Big Sky/MVFC teams get in. I think that some of the smaller conferences will take exception to that.

bisonaudit
10-16-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm going to keep track of teams with 7 wins vs 7 D1 wins. I wonder if you put 2 teams head to head...say a patriot league team with 7 D1 wins vs a MVFC team with 7 wins, one of them being against a DII. I think this is a slippery slope. There are more teams out there that are playing more than 1 DII team, and even an NAIA team. So how do they prioritize who gets in and the next thing they will say is that only so many teams from a given conference can get in. They add 4 slots and 1 Autobid...so that tells me 3 more CAA/Big Sky/MVFC teams get in. I think that some of the smaller conferences will take exception to that.

Well on the face of it a 7 win Patriot League team getting in ahead of a 7 win MVFC team is a joke, even if one of those MVFC wins is over Dakota Mines.

The selection committee is supposed to have their own Simple Rating System to help them make these decisions. That was part of the deal with loosening the DII opponent guidance. But there hasn't been much information on what the SRS is going to look like. Terry V has a story a few weeks back but I haven't seen anything since.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20130912/SPORTS02/309120024/College-football-FCS-tinkering-new-team-rating-system

The SRS isn't officially going to be used by the committee this year but it sounds like they're going to publish it (maybe as early as next week) and apparently the MVFC is going to use it as a tie-break criteria for the conference auto-bid. Don't know if that applies to this season or not or where on the tie-break list it would appear.

I suspect that the add'l at-large selections will be more reflective of the polling than the computers (so better for the weak conferences) and I anticipate tilting at that windmill when the time comes.

missingnumber7
10-16-2013, 04:56 PM
Well on the face of it a 7 win Patriot League team getting in ahead of a 7 win MVFC team is a joke, even if one of those MVFC wins is over Dakota Mines.

The selection committee is supposed to have their own Simple Rating System to help them make these decisions. That was part of the deal with loosening the DII opponent guidance. But there hasn't been much information on what the SRS is going to look like. Terry V has a story a few weeks back but I haven't seen anything since.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20130912/SPORTS02/309120024/College-football-FCS-tinkering-new-team-rating-system

The SRS isn't officially going to be used by the committee this year but it sounds like they're going to publish it (maybe as early as next week) and apparently the MVFC is going to use it as a tie-break criteria for the conference auto-bid. Don't know if that applies to this season or not or where on the tie-break list it would appear.

I suspect that the add'l at-large selections will be more reflective of the polling than the computers (so better for the weak conferences) and I anticipate tilting at that windmill when the time comes.

You're going to start the argument between schools that have enough local teams that are patsies...so compare lets say scheduling Valpo vs Ferris State or most MEAC teams vs Ferris State. Their arguement is going to be we played all D1 teams.

I see both sides to it. This will probably be the only year that NDSU will play a D2 team so it probably has no merit, but I still think 7 D1 wins is better than 7 wins. And weather the committee will admit to it or not, it will come out that way. Look at how schools schedule. The east coast schools play all D1 schools because of the travel convenience. The majority of the schools that play non D1 schools are Midwest/west/south. There are some exceptions but I put that out there because the east coast bias to the playoffs will show its ugly head again this year.

Conferences like the MEAC, Big South, and Pioneer will bitch when they get 1 school out of their crappy conference when they look at 4-5 MVFC, 4-5 Big Puffy, or 4-5+ CAA. I also think that the committee will be sensitve to that bitching ahead of time and there will be some of those tweeners from the quality conferences that will be sitting at home when we see a second school from a conference that is well...meh. I'm not going to complain either way as long as the Valley keeps going the way it does we are going to constantly see a minimum of 3 teams if not more every year.

There is a reason no one wants to play here when a payday from the game is more than some schools would make from a home game anyway.

ndsubison1
10-18-2013, 11:06 AM
10-1 lehigh didnt get in last year

Tatanka
10-18-2013, 01:21 PM
10-1 lehigh didnt get in last year

that is extreme, Lehigh.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.

missingnumber7
10-18-2013, 01:55 PM
This year is going to be interesting because on top of counting a D2 win there are a good majority of teams playing 12 games and even 1 playing 13, Charleston Southern. Thus making it much easier for a team to make it to 7 wins. This is going to be an interesting year for the committee. Quality wins will definately play a role.

And Lehigh not making it in is a component of A their conference sucks and B only Colgate and Lehigh were above .500 so thus their conference sucks. I could argue for them over StonyBrook or maybe Wofford last year but other than that I really can't.

1998braves64
10-18-2013, 05:29 PM
This year is going to be interesting because on top of counting a D2 win there are a good majority of teams playing 12 games and even 1 playing 13, Charleston Southern. Thus making it much easier for a team to make it to 7 wins. This is going to be an interesting year for the committee. Quality wins will definately play a role.

And Lehigh not making it in is a component of A their conference sucks and B only Colgate and Lehigh were above .500 so thus their conference sucks. I could argue for them over StonyBrook or maybe Wofford last year but other than that I really can't.

Regarding wins... my guess is you'll need 7.5 wins... let me explain. Any team like NDSU/MtSU/Mont/SHSU maybe could squeak in with 7... but my guess a good majority of the teams will have 8 or more wins just due to fact so many teams will be playing 12 games, 8 wins (out of 12) is only .667 winning pct. which is slightly higher than than .636 of 7 out of 11.

bisonaudit
10-18-2013, 05:54 PM
If the committee is sitting in their hotel ballroom counting wins on their fingers, we're all screwed. At the margin, it's a pretty shitty way to discern the quality of a football team.

Mayville Bison
10-18-2013, 06:06 PM
If the committee is sitting in there hotel ballroom counting wins on their fingers, we're all screwed. At the margin, it's a pretty shitty way to discern the quality of a football team.

Agreed, but tell that to Ohio State

missingnumber7
10-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Weber State
Northern Colorado
North Dakota
VMI
Albany
Savannah State
Missouri State
Indiana State
Wagner
Austin Peay
Southeast Missouri State
Lafayette
Georgetown
Davidson
Stetson
Valparaiso
Campbell
Elon
Western Carolina
Grambling State
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Texas Southern
Mississippi Valley State

Cant Get 7 D1 wins:
Portland State 2x DII wins
Presbyterian
VMI
Incarnate Word
Charlotte
Abilene Christian
Western Illinois
St. Francis
Tennessee Tech
Jacksonville

Must Win Out:
UC Davis
Presbyterian
Rhode Island
Richmond
Delaware State
Hampton
Howard
Morgan State
Norfolk State
Illinois State
St. Francis
Robert Morris
Tennessee Tech
Bucknell
Colgate
Holy Cross
Drake
Jacksonville
Citadel
Alabama A&M

Charleston Southern
Fordham
Coastal Carolina
Towson
North Dakota State
Youngstown State
Sacred Heart 2x NON D1 wins
Tennessee State

BisonNeil
10-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Weber State
Northern Colorado
North Dakota
VMI
Albany
Savannah State
Missouri State
Indiana State
Wagner
Austin Peay
Southeast Missouri State
Lafayette
Georgetown
Davidson
Stetson
Valparaiso
Campbell
Elon
Western Carolina
Grambling State
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Texas Southern
Mississippi Valley State

Cant Get 7 D1 wins:
Presbyterian
VMI
Incarnate Word
Charlotte
Abilene Christian
Western Illinois
St. Francis
Tennessee Tech
Jacksonville

Must Win Out:
UC Davis
Presbyterian
Rhode Island
Richmond
Delaware State
Hampton
Howard
Morgan State
Norfolk State
Illinois State
St. Francis
Robert Morris
Tennessee Tech
Bucknell
Colgate
Holy Cross
Drake
Jacksonville
Citadel
Alabama A&M

Charleston Southern
Fordham
Coastal Carolina
Towson
North Dakota StateYoungstown State
Tennessee State

NDSU does not have 7 DI wins.

oldmantutters
10-20-2013, 09:46 PM
NDSU does not have 7 DI wins.

That is why they are not underlined

Tatanka
10-20-2013, 09:58 PM
That is why they are not underlined

some mobile devices/browsers don't render the intended formatting. I had to look in a standard browser before it made sense.

missingnumber7
10-20-2013, 10:26 PM
some mobile devices/browsers don't render the intended formatting. I had to look in a standard browser before it made sense.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.I'm going to swich it to colors on monday when i get to work.

taper
10-20-2013, 10:27 PM

There's your problem. Chrome and Firefox show it fine on my Android. See my avatar for how I feel about Microsoft.

NovaBison
10-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Sportsnetwork.com posted their 10/20/13 version of their Playoff Projection.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf

This week, they have UNI going to Montana State in the first round, with the winner playing NDSU.

I like the note at the top:

"Montana State is the best team in the Big Sky Conference. No, it’s actually Eastern Washington. Well, we kind of think Montana. OK, we admit we’re not really sure, and our playoff seedings out of the Big Sky reflect it. There’s enough haziness in our crystal ball to cause a government shutdown. Or at least one at Grambling State.

All we know is we want that ill-fated Montana State-North Dakota State game to come off. Oh yes. - Oct. 20

P.S. If Grambling ever pulls out of a game with North Dakota State, we won’t be quite as annoyed."

VirginiaBison
10-20-2013, 11:45 PM
...I'd rather play Coastal Carolina than Villanova I'd rather play the toughest team in the playoffs first. The Bison would be coming off a bye week. That team could have been coming off a very hard, tough game will little time to recover. The Bison beat them, the rest of the playoffs would be down hill. Watch out for Fordham.

VirginiaBison
10-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Four FCS unbeatens remain... here is how they do it. One does it as a team effort. 3 have one or two key FCS stat leader. You decide which team has best chance for the FCS title

Numbers Never Lie: Dissecting a perfect record. (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle_lawrence/index.htm)

VirginiaBison
10-21-2013, 12:25 AM
Who is in and who is out?

Week 8 Bracketology (http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/7591)

MankatoBison
10-21-2013, 02:14 PM
This looks like a veeeeery fun Bracket. MSU, Sam or Montana and Maybe EWU for the Natty? Yum :)

ndsubison1
10-21-2013, 04:39 PM
id prefer to play eiu in Frisco than Fargo with 3 weeks to prepare

1998braves64
10-21-2013, 05:30 PM
id prefer to play eiu in Frisco than Fargo with 2 weeks to prepare

fify due to 13 week season playoff season loses a week since championship is on 4th of January. Semi finals will be on 20th of Dec.

bisonaudit
10-21-2013, 09:50 PM
I'd rather play the toughest team in the playoffs first. The Bison would be coming off a bye week. That team could have been coming off a very hard, tough game will little time to recover. The Bison beat them, the rest of the playoffs would be down hill. Watch out for Fordham.

If SportsNetwork is correct, based on Sagarin, NDSU would get the second toughest 2nd round matchup of the 8 seeded teams but then have the 2nd easiest prospective quarterfinal matchup.

bisonaudit
10-21-2013, 09:52 PM
id prefer to play eiu in Frisco than Fargo with 3 weeks to prepare

Nearly a 40% chance of NDSU v. EIU in the final per SportsNetwork bracket and Sagarin ratings.

BisonNation11
10-21-2013, 10:13 PM
If SportsNetwork is correct, based on Sagarin, NDSU would get the second toughest 2nd round matchup of the 8 seeded teams but then have the 2nd easiest prospective quarterfinal matchup.

If the bracket stays the way it is now, the Bison would have a huge advantage over either teams they would play. UNI's last bye week was on Sept. 14 and Montana St's was on Oct. 12. The Bison will have at that time had a bye on Nov. 2 and the first week of the playoffs. That kind of rest at the end of the season should be huge! Bring on the tough 2nd round matchup. Either of those teams will be a beaten down squad by then.

HerdBot
10-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Looking at the bracket at this point in time is a waste of time.

ndsubison1
10-22-2013, 03:54 AM
Looking at the bracket at this point in time is a waste of time.

not for me. its fun to prognosticate

MAKBison
10-22-2013, 04:31 AM
I hope that bracket sticks, sets up just like I want it.

MSU at Home
SHSU at Home---ha they think they know us
EW---payback in frisco for the payback and 3peat!

Sportsnetwork.com posted their 10/20/13 version of their Playoff Projection.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf

This week, they have UNI going to Montana State in the first round, with the winner playing NDSU.

I like the note at the top:

"Montana State is the best team in the Big Sky Conference. No, it’s actually Eastern Washington. Well, we kind of think Montana. OK, we admit we’re not really sure, and our playoff seedings out of the Big Sky reflect it. There’s enough haziness in our crystal ball to cause a government shutdown. Or at least one at Grambling State.

All we know is we want that ill-fated Montana State-North Dakota State game to come off. Oh yes. - Oct. 20

P.S. If Grambling ever pulls out of a game with North Dakota State, we won’t be quite as annoyed."

missingnumber7
10-22-2013, 12:47 PM
P.S. If Grambling ever pulls out of a game with North Dakota State, we won’t be quite as annoyed."[/I]

Grambling would never pull out of a game with NDSU because that game would be around 10-25% of their football revenue for the year.

BisonNeil
10-22-2013, 02:43 PM
There is no way the Southland conference gets two teams in the seeded top 8. NONE!

bisonaudit
10-22-2013, 03:59 PM
There is no way the Southland conference gets two teams in the seeded top 8. NONE!

SHSU at #5 is a joke. They should be playing in the first round. SE Louisiana might be better than them.

Mayville Bison
10-22-2013, 04:10 PM
SHSU at #5 is a joke. They should be playing in the first round. SE Louisiana might be better than them.

Are they benefiting off their past success? Look at last year specifically when they weren't a seed and then made the championship game anyways. If they had that success last year, would the committee want to set them up for success?

We still have to remember that these brackets aren't the actual committee's thoughts and their bracket could be vastly different.

Tony Almeida
10-22-2013, 09:28 PM
looking at the bracket at this point in time is a waste of time.

hear, hear!

ndsubison1
10-22-2013, 11:05 PM
We still have to remember that these brackets aren't the actual committee's thoughts and their bracket could be vastly different.

no shit dude

missingnumber7
10-28-2013, 01:51 AM
Weber State
Northern Colorado
North Dakota
UC Davis
VMI
Albany
Richmond
Delaware State
Morgan State
Norfolk State
Florida A&M
Savannah State
Missouri State
Indiana State
Western Illinois
Wagner
Austin Peay
Southeast Missouri State
Tennessee Tech
Lafayette
Holy Cross
Georgetown
Davidson
Stetson
Valparaiso
Campbell
Elon
Citadel
Western Carolina
Grambling State
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Texas Southern
Mississippi Valley State
Alabama A&M

Cant Get 7 D1 wins:
Idaho State 2x DII wins
Presbyterian
VMI
Incarnate Word
Charlotte
Abilene Christian
St. Francis
Tennessee Tech
Jacksonville
Drake
Lamar 2x DII wins
Northwestern State

Must Win Out:
Cal Poly
Presbyterian
Villanova
Rhode Island
Stony Brook
Hampton
Howard
Illinois State
St. Francis
Robert Morris
St. Francis PA
Bucknell
Colgate
Drake
Morehead State
Jacksonville
Furman
Stephen F Austin
Lamar 2x DII wins
Northerwestern State

Fordham
Coastal Carolina
Towson
Youngstown State
Charleston Southern
North Dakota State
Towson
Maine
Eastern Illinois
Jackson State
Tennessee State
Bethune-Cookman
McNeese State
Alcorn State 2x DII wins

Loud and Proud Bison fan
10-28-2013, 03:30 PM
The newest projections are up. The link is: http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf

I did not even know San Diego had a second team othe than SDSU. Having Montana State here in the second round would be fun :)

No Nothern Iowa in th playoffs in this week.

NorthernBison
10-28-2013, 06:41 PM
The newest projections are up. The link is: http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf

I did not even know San Diego had a second team othe than SDSU. Having Montana State here in the second round would be fun :)

No Nothern Iowa in th playoffs in this week.

Jim Harbaugh coached there for three or four years. The last couple years (2005 and 2006?) they only lost a game each year or something like that. He strongly advocated for them to get a playoff selection in the FCS playoffs even though they are a Pioneer League program. I think he went to Stanford from USD.

MNLonghorn10
10-28-2013, 06:45 PM
I want Montana St & EWU at the dome. i could care less who comes out of the other side of the bracket..they're going to get throttled anyways. This is just for peanuts.

Montana would be fun too.

Mayville Bison
10-28-2013, 07:03 PM
I want Montana St & EWU at the dome. i could care less who comes out of the other side of the bracket..they're going to get throttled anyways. This is just for peanuts.

I think the only way we get EWU at the dome is if we drop the game to YSU and YSU loses a different game. That would put us #2 and EWU most likely #3. We'll get Montana next year at the dome, and I really don't think either Montana team can make it to the championship game. MSU at the dome for game #1 would be awesome though!

SDSUAlum08
11-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Missing number 7, thanks for doing this. With only three weeks left this thread will get more and more interesting.

MankatoBison
11-03-2013, 08:34 PM

could NOT possibly agree more.

onbison09
11-03-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm shocked Nova has sucked so bad this year.

stevdock
11-04-2013, 02:08 AM
So with expanding to 24 teams it was assumed that the power conferences would dominate the extra slots. Problem is that in our conference we've got so many teams knocking each other out. Is it time for the MVFC to expand to 12-14 teams so that our better teams don't have to run the gauntlet and make it easier to get to 8/9 wins, like the Big Sky??

Tatanka
11-04-2013, 02:31 AM
So with expanding to 24 teams it was assumed that the power conferences would dominate the extra slots. Problem is that in our conference we've got so many teams knocking each other out. Is it time for the MVFC to expand to 12-14 teams so that our better teams don't have to run the gauntlet and make it easier to get to 8/9 wins, like the Big Sky??

water down a great conference... No thanks.

BisonNation11
11-04-2013, 03:37 AM

The problem this year is the cream is already on the top and the difference between the top and the next 2-7 teams is more than anyone dares to accept. Yes, MVFC is a tough league, but can you honestly tell me there's another team out there that consistently plays anywhere near the level the Bison do? UNI had a chance at it this year, but injuries and what appears to be a lack of leadership have hampered them. SDSU has the tools, but can't put it together. SIU has the ability, but there's no stability from week to week. If there were more teams that were above average, you'd start to see teams starting to separate out from each other. Unfortunately, this year that isn't the case. Are the MFVC "average" teams better than most teams around the country? You bet.

BisonTeacher
11-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Ive never understood why people are bothered that not as many mvfc teams make the playoffs. If we are the best conference out there...why would you want more of those teams in the playoffs? With those teams out....easier road to frisco. Yes someday we may not always be at the the top...but so be it. Win the conference if you want to go to frisco.

Tatanka
11-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Ive never understood why people are bothered that not as many mvfc teams make the playoffs. If we are the best conference out there...why would you want more of those teams in the playoffs? With those teams out....easier road to frisco. Yes someday we may not always be at the the top...but so be it. Win the conference if you want to go to frisco.

here's my thought. Someday we might be one of those bubble teams that finished in the upper middle of ourr meat grinder conference. I would like to see that other mvfc teams in that predicament are given a shot as opposed to another big skirt or cake eater from out east.

NorthernBison
11-04-2013, 12:49 PM
here's my thought. Someday we might be one of those bubble teams that finished in the upper middle of ourr meat grinder conference. I would like to see that other mvfc teams in that predicament are given a shot as opposed to another big skirt or cake eater from out east.

I agree with that concept.

Now, it's time for the othe rteams in our conference to make some waves in the post-season. They have failed miserably at that recently which lends credence to other conferences getting some of the spots the MVFC might be looking for.

Bisonwinagn
11-04-2013, 12:55 PM

Now, it's time for the othe rteams in our conference to make some waves in the post-season. They have failed miserably at that recently which lends credence to other conferences getting some of the spots the MVFC might be looking for.

They all won their first round games last year and SDSU was good enough to make it to the semi's if not for a screw job by the playoff committee.

NorthernBison
11-04-2013, 01:33 PM
They all won their first round games last year and SDSU was good enough to make it to the semi's if not for a screw job by the playoff committee.

Big deal. First round games should be automatic and you should look at a longer history than one year. SDSU wouldn't have beat Wofford so your point is not really accurate. SDSU was NOT a semi-final type team last year. Don't buy the BS.

Anybody but NDSU made a deep playoff run in a while? Nope.

Talk is cheap. Time for the rest of the conference to step up. If the rest are so tough, it's about time to show something.

bisonaudit
11-04-2013, 01:54 PM

If you're playing in the first round you're supposed to lose your second game. I don't know how not succeeding beyond the committee's expectations can be honestly construed as a miserable failure.

NorthernBison
11-04-2013, 02:09 PM
If you're playing in the first round you're supposed to lose your second game. I don't know how not succeeding beyond the committee's expectations can be honestly construed as a miserable failure.

You're making my point for me about how MVFC teams need to start going deeper if we want to have a reason to brag about how strong the conference is.

UNI won the MVFC in 2010 and lost to Lafayette in their first game (At Home).

I was responding to a poster who used ISUr and SDSU winning their first round games as some sort of great accomplishment. My response: BIG DEAL.

SDSU as a semi-final caliber team last year? BWahhahahhahaha.

Nel360
11-04-2013, 02:18 PM
But what has the Big Sky done to deserve 4 or 5 teams in the playoffs? 1 NC and SHSU running through them the last two years.

NorthernBison
11-04-2013, 02:30 PM
But what has the Big Sky done to deserve 4 or 5 teams in the playoffs? 1 NC and SHSU running through them the last two years.

Where did you get 4 or 5? The Big Sky had 3 last year. I believe the same the year before. Most bracket projections I see now have them getting 3. Pretty much the same as the MVFC gets.

BTW, the SHSU semi-final wins the last two years were each by 3 points. They got a big lead against Montana in 2011 and got lit up in the 2nd half. Same thing happened against EWU last year. They played us tough for the first half in Frisco and then got rolled in the second.

I'm not impressed by the post-season performance of the MVFC (outside of NDSU) over the last 4-5 years. If we're superior to the other conferences, it hasn't show on the field (NDSU being the exception).

missingnumber7
11-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Weber State
Northern Colorado
North Dakota
UC Davis
VMI
Villanova
Stony Brook
Albany
Richmond
Charlotte
Delaware State
Howard
Hampton
Norfolk State
Morgan State
Florida A&M
Savannah State
Missouri State
Indiana State
Western Illinois
St. Francis
Wagner
Austin Peay
Southeast Missouri State
Tennessee Tech
Lafayette
Holy Cross
Georgetown
Davidson
Stetson
Valparaiso
Campbell
Morehead State
Jacksonville
Elon
Citadel
Western Carolina
Stephen F Austin
Grambling State
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Texas Southern
Mississippi Valley State
Alabama A&M

Cant Get 7 D1 wins:
Idaho State 2x DII wins
Presbyterian
VMI
NC Central
Tennessee Tech
Drake
Lamar 2x DII wins
Northwestern State
Nicholls State 2x DII wins

Must Win Out:
Cal Poly
Presbyterian
New Hampshire
Rhode Island
Monmouth
Northern Iowa
Illinois State
South Dakota
Bryant
Robert Morris
St. Francis PA
Bucknell
Colgate
Drake
Furman
Lamar 2x DII wins
Northerwestern State
Nicholls State

Northern Arizona
Charleston Southern
Coastal Carolina
Maine
Delaware
Towson
Bethune-Cookman
Youngstown State
North Dakota State
Eastern Illinois
Fordham
Chattanooga
Sam Houston State
SE Louisiana
Jackson State
Montana
Eastern Washington
Montana State
Tennessee State
Jacksonville State
Mercer 4x Non D1 Wins
Butler 2x DII wins
McNeese State
Alcorn State 2x DII wins

missingnumber7
11-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Auto Bid Conference Scenarios:
Big Sky Conf:
Montana State-games left @EWU, SUU, UM
Eastern Washington-MSU, @CP, PSU
UM- @ USD, Weber St, @ MSU
NAU- UNC, @SUU, bye

MSU/EWU winner controls own destiny
UM-Need MSU win vs EWU and win out
NAU-need MSU to lose 2 and EWU to lose.

Big South:
Coastal Carolina-@Charleston Southern, Presbyterian, @South Carolina
Charleston Southern-Coastal Carolina, @ Garner Webb, Liberty
Winner 11/9 game controls destiny

CAA:
Maine-@Albany, URI, @UNH
Delaware-W&M, Richmond, vs Villanova
Towson- off, W&M, JMU
JMU- @ UNH, SB, @Towson
UNH- JMU, @Albany, Maine

Maine-controls own destiny
Delaware-win out and Maine lose 2x
UNH-win out + Del loss + Maine additional loss
Towson & JMU- win out + 2x Del loss + 2x Maine loss

MEAC
Bethune/Cookman- Norfolk St, Hampton, FL A&M
South Carolina State-FL A&M, Morgan St, @ Norfolk St
Delaware State-bye, @ FL A&M, Morgan St
Morgan St-NC A&T, @ SCSU, @ DSU

B/C-control own destiny
SCSU-win out + 2x B/C losses
Morgan State, DSU- win out + 2x B/C losses

MVFC
YSU-@UNI, NDSU, SDSU
NDSU-ISUR, @YSU, USD
MSU-@SIU, UNI, bye
ISUR-@NDSU, @SIU, bye
SIU-MSU, ISUR, @ISUB

YSU/NDSU-control own destiny
MSU-win out + 2x YSU losses + NDSU lose out
ISUR-win out + NDSU win over YSU + NDSU loss to USD + YSU loss + MSU loss
SIU-win out + NDSU & YSU lose 2x for share cannot win outright.

NEC:
Duquense: @SH, CCSU, Monmouth
Robert Moris: @CCSU, SH, @St. Francis
Central Conn St: RMU, @DUQ, Bryant
Sacred Heart: Duq, RMU, bye
Bryant: St Francis, Monmouth, @CCSU

DUQ and CCSU: win out
RMU: win out + DUQ loss
SH: win out + CCSU loss
Bryant: win out + RMU & Duq loss

OVC
Eastern Illinois: @Murray St, Jacksonville St, UT-Martin
Eastern Kentucky: @Jacksonville St, UT-Martin, @Murray St
Tennessee State: Austin Peay, Murray St, Bye
UT-Martin: @Memphis, @EKU, EIU
Murray St: EIU, @TNSt, EKU
Jacksonville St: EKU, @EIU, SE Missouri

EIU-win out
EKU-win out + 2x EIU losses
TNSU-win out + EIU & EKU lose out
UT-Martin-win out + TN St Loss + EIU loss
Murray St-win out + UT-M loss + EIU loss
JSU-win out + TN St loss + EIU loss

Patriot
Lafayette: Colgate, Fordham, @Lehigh
Colgate: @Lafayette, Lehigh, Fordham
Bucknell: @Fordham, Georgetown, @VMI
Lehigh: Holy Cross, @Colgate, Lafayette

Lafayette, Lehigh, and Colgate-win out
Bucknell-win out + Lafayette lose out

Pioneer:
Marist: @Campbell, Mercer, bye
SD: @Morehead St, Drake, bye
Butler: Valpo, @Morehead St, bye
Mercer: Jacksonville, @Marist, Stetson
Dayton: @Drake, @Valpo, bye
Drake: Dayton, @SD, bye

SD-win out
Marist, Butler, Mercer-win out + SD loss
Dayton: win out +Butler/Marist lose out + Mercer loss to Jacksonville
Drake: win out +Butler/Mercer to lose 2x + marist loss

Southern
Chattanooga: Wofford, @ Samford, @Alabama
Samford: @Furman, Chattanooga, Elon
Wofford: @Chattanooga, App St, @Furman
Furman: Samford, @WCU, Wofford

Samford & Chattanooga-win out
Wofford-win out + Samford loss
Furman-win out + 2x Chattanooga loses

Southland
Southeastern Louisana: @Central Arkansas, SHSU, Nicholls
McNeese State: @SFA, NW St, @Lamar
SHSU: Nicholls, @SELA, @Central Arkansas
Central Arkansas: SELA, @Nichols, SHSU

SELA-win out
McNeese St-win out + SHSU win over SELA or SELA 2x losses
SHSU-win out + McNeese St loss
Central Arkansas-win out + SHSU win over SELA + McNeese St loss to NW St

I know there is still a lot of football left to be played, and big games left in a lot of conferences.

BisonTeacher
11-04-2013, 04:53 PM

I know. And IM sure if we are on that bubble and don't make it I will complain about it then. :biggrin:

ndsubison1
11-04-2013, 05:33 PM

exactly. kinda like 2010. do we want to be known for playing in one of the toughest conferences in the fcs or a weak one? i prefer the former

IzzyFlexion
11-04-2013, 11:58 PM
MVFC
YSU-@UNI, NDSU, SDSU
NDSU-ISUR, @YSU, USD all 3 games remaining against teams wearing red and white
MSU-@SIU, UNI, bye
ISUR-@NDSU, @SIU, bye
SIU-MSU, ISUR, @ISUB

How's that for some expert analysis?

Mayville Bison
11-05-2013, 12:58 PM
How's that for some expert analysis?

Actually surprised you didn't say all the teams except for the almighty Bye Team have a "U" in them :)

JustinTyem
11-12-2013, 05:57 AM
Bump it up !!!!

missingnumber7
11-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Weber State
Northern Colorado
North Dakota
UC Davis
Sacramento State
Idaho State
Presbyterian
VMI
Villanova
Stony Brook
Albany
Richmond
Rhode Island
Charlotte
Delaware State
Howard
Hampton
Norfolk State
Morgan State
NC Central
Florida A&M
Savannah State
Missouri State
Indiana State
Illinois State
South Dakota
Western Illinois
St. Francis
Wagner
Bryant
Austin Peay
Southeast Missouri State
Tennessee Tech
Colgate
Lafayette
Bucknell
Holy Cross
Georgetown
Davidson
Stetson
Valparaiso
Campbell
Morehead State
Jacksonville
Elon
Citadel
Western Carolina
Stephen F Austin
Lamar 2x DII wins
Nicholls State 2x DII wins
Grambling State
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Texas Southern
Mississippi Valley State
Alabama A&M

Cant Get 7 D1 wins:
North Carolina A&T
Southern Illinois
Duquesne
Murray State
Drake
Central Arkansas
Northwestern State

Must Win Out:
Cal Poly
Garner-Webb
New Hampshire
Monmouth
Northern Iowa
Southern Illinois
Duquesne
Robert Morris
Murray State
Drake
Dayton
Wofford
Furman
Northerwestern State

Montana
Eastern Washington
Northern Arizona
Charleston Southern
Coastal Carolina
Maine
William & Mary
Delaware
Towson
Bethune-Cookman
Youngstown State
North Dakota State
Sacred Heart 2x NON D1 win
Eastern Illinois
Jacksonville State
Tennessee State
Lehigh
Fordham
Marist
Chattanooga
Sam Houston State
SE LA
McNeese State
Jackson State
Montana State
Southern Utah
South Carolina State
Mercer 4x Non D1 Wins
San Diego
Butler 2x DII wins
Alcorn State 2x DII wins

Still alive for their conference auto bid, only to show teams that can't get 7 wins that will mess with the other playoff slots.
There are still a handful of teams that aren't on this because they can get to 8 wins but only have 6. Every FCS playoff eligible team will be on this list next week in one of five categories. 7 D1 wins, 7 wins, must win, cant get 7 D1 wins and cant get 7 wins.

missingnumber7
11-12-2013, 06:49 AM
Big Sky Conf:
Montana State- SUU, UM
Eastern Washington-@CP, PSU
UM- Weber St, @ MSU
NAU- @SUU, bye
CP- EWU, @UNC

EWU W vs CP or loss by MSU,UM & NAU
NAU-win out + EWU loss +
UM-win out and EWU lose out + NAU lose out
MSU-win out + EWU lose out
CP-Win out + EWU lose out + UM lose out + NAU lose out + MSU lose out

Big South:
Coastal Carolina- Presbyterian, @South Carolina
Charleston Southern- @ Garner Webb, Liberty
Liberty- Brevard, @CSU

Charleston Southern- win out
Coastal Carolina- win out + CSU loss
Liberty- win out + CC loss to Presbyterian

CAA:
Maine-URI, @UNH
Delaware-Richmond, vs Villanova
Towson- W&M, JMU
UNH- @Albany, Maine
W&M- Towson, @Richmond

Maine-clinched at least a share of title
Delaware & W&M-win out and Maine lose out, can only get share of title, Maine owns head to head tiebraker.
UNH-win out + Maine additional loss
Towson - win out + Del loss + 2x Maine loss

MEAC
Bethune/Cookman- Hampton, FL A&M
South Carolina State-Morgan St, @ Norfolk St
Morgan St-@ SCSU, @ DSU

B/C- win out
SCSU-win out + B/C loss
Morgan State- win out + B/C lose out

MVFC
NDSU- @YSU, USD
YSU- NDSU, SDSU
MSU-UNI, bye

NDSU- win
YSU- win out
MSU-win out + NDSU lose out

NEC:
Robert Moris: SH, @St. Francis
Central Conn St: @DUQ, Bryant
Sacred Heart: RMU, bye
Bryant: Monmouth, @CCSU

RMU: win out
SH: win out + RMU loss
St. Francis (PA): win out + SH win vs RMU + CCSU win vs Duq & loss vs Bryant
Bryant: win out + RMU & Duq loss
CCSU: win out + RMU lose out

OVC
Eastern Illinois: Jacksonville St, UT-Martin
Tennessee State: Murray State, Bye
Eastern Kentucky: UT-Martin, @Murray St
UT-Martin: @EKU, EIU
Jacksonville St: @EIU, SE Missouri

EIU-win out
TN ST- win out, EIU lose out, any EKU loss, and tied with any other team
JSU-win out + TN St loss + EIU loss
EKU-win out + 2x EIU losses
UT-Martin-win out + TN St Loss + EIU loss

Patriot
Lafayette: Fordham, @Lehigh
Colgate: Lehigh, Fordham
Bucknell: Georgetown, @VMI
Lehigh: @Colgate, Lafayette

Colgate-win vs Lehigh clinch autobid
Lehigh- win out
Lafayette-win out + colgate loss
Bucknell-win out + Lafayette lose out

Pioneer:
Marist: Mercer bye
SD: Drake, bye
Butler: @Morehead St, bye
Mercer: @Marist, Stetson

SD-win or Butler loss + Marist loss + Mercer lose out
Butler-win + SD loss
Marist-Win + SD loss + Butler loss
Mercer-win + SD loss +Butler loss + Marist loss

Southern
Chattanooga: @ Samford, @Alabama
Samford: Chattanooga, Elon
Furman: @ WCU, Wofford
Wofford: App St, @Furman

Chattanooga: Beat Samford and they clinch
Samford: Win out
Furman: Win out + Chatt loss to Samford + Samford loss to Elon
Wofford: Win out + Chatt loss to Samford + Samford loss to Elon

Southland
Southeastern Louisana: SHSU, Nicholls
McNeese State: NW St, @Lamar
SHSU: @SELA, @Central Arkansas

SELA-win out
McNeese St-win out + SELA lose out
SHSU-win out + McNeese St loss

If SHSU beats SELA and all teams win out otherwise SELA will get the autobid due to the following tiebreaker:
Multiple Ties. If three (3) or more teams tie for the championship, the same selection procedure as outlined above shall be followed with the following exceptions:

(a) If three (3) or more teams are tied and if one (1) should have an advantage in head-to-head competition over the other teams, that team shall be the automatic bid recipient;
(SELA loss to SHSU, McNeese St loss to SELA, and SHSU loss to McNeese St)
(b) If three (3) or more teams are tied and if two (2) or more should have an advantage in head-to-head competition over the other team, those teams with the advantage shall be evaluated using the two-way or multiple tie-breaking procedures and the other team eliminated; and/or
(Nope)
(c) If three (3) or more teams remain tied, the won-lost record against the teams finishing in order below the tied position shall be utilized in sequence until the tie is broken. When comparing tied teams’ records against other teams below the tie in question, all other teams not involved in the tie are eligible to be compared with.
(all beat everyone else )
Unbreakable Ties. If a tie remains after the above procedures are attempted, the NCAA Championship-eligible member that has been absent from the Division I Championship for the longest period of time shall be designated as the Conference’s representative in the Division I Championship.
(SELA has never been to the playoffs)

missingnumber7
11-12-2013, 08:12 AM
I'm not at my regular computer so I will have to wait until thursday to check the playoff scenarios to make sure that no one has been eliminated that I have in the list. I will have that on thursday.

tjbison
11-14-2013, 11:39 PM
University of San Diego withdrew from playoff contention today, they state possible funding violations within the PFL rules

NDSUstudent
11-14-2013, 11:49 PM
University of San Diego withdrew from playoff contention today, they state possible funding violations within the PFL rules

PFL never deserved a bid, now their best team can't even compete. What a joke. Some lucky team is getting a first round bye.

tjbison
11-15-2013, 12:50 AM
PFL never deserved a bid, now their best team can't even compete. What a joke. Some lucky team is getting a first round bye.

couldn't agree more, stupid

IzzyFlexion
11-15-2013, 12:49 PM

couldn't agree more, stupid

not criticizing......but geez does that read funny. :)

missingnumber7
11-15-2013, 02:50 PM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/14/fcs-playoff-contender-holding-team-out-of-postseason/

“Recently, Torero Athletics identified an issue arising out of the award of need-based financial aid to football players that is incompatible with the Pioneer Football League’s (PFL) rules, but is within the financial aid need-based cap applied to the University’s general student body,” a statement from San Diego President Mary E. Lyons said.

So not only can players who go to the PFL schools not get athletic scholarships they also cannot get need based financial aid? WTF.

missingnumber7
11-15-2013, 03:32 PM
Auto bids: 11 Teams
Big Sky:Eastern Washington
Big South: Charleston Southern
CAA: Maine
MEAC: Bethune/Cookman
MVFC: NDSU
NEC:Robert Morris
OVC: Eastern Illinois
Patriot: Colgate
Pioneer: Butler
Southern: Chattanooga
Southland: SELA

Potential At Large: 13 Spots
Montana
Northern Arizona
Montana State
Southern Utah
Coastal Carolina
William & Mary
Delaware
Towson
South Carolina State
Youngstown State
Sacred Heart
Jacksonville State
Tennessee State
Lehigh
Fordham
Marist
Mercer
San Diego
Sam Houston State
McNeese State

Portland State
Liberty
James Madison
SDSU
Eastern Kentucky
Tennessee Martin
Samford

Cal Poly
Garner-Webb
New Hampshire
Monmouth
Northern Iowa
Southern Illinois
Duquesne
Murray State
Drake
Dayton
Wofford
Furman
Northerwestern State

These are the teams I believe are locked in
Montana State loses that designation if they lose to Southern Utah.

This is everyone I believe to be eligible for the playoffs. with who has the inside track listed as the conference championship. I believe that Bethune/Cookman clinched with South Carolina State's win last night. With the San Diego wrench thrown in the tires it could make it an interesting deal for the Pioneer.

bisonaudit
11-15-2013, 03:41 PM
So is San Diego out, out. Or are they just not eligible for the auto-bid?

missingnumber7
11-15-2013, 04:02 PM

The article says they self reported a potential violation of Pioneer rules and are out for the auto bid. But in the articles I read it was phrased both ways in seperate articles, some saying they were out of the playoffs and some saying they were out of the auto bid. I would think that if they don't get the auto bid they are certainly not getting in the playoffs period.

Mayville Bison
11-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Added record I think they will finish with as well as how they do in their remaining games for non-champs. For those with 5 wins right now, I might have only counted one of their games if I thought they would lose (in other words, they couldn't get to 7 wins, so I stopped counting)

That theoretically leaves this group
Patriot: Lehigh

Potential At Large: 13 Spots (9+ wins or 8 and major conf)
Montana: (10-2) 2-0
Northern Arizona: (9-2) 2-0
Montana State: (8-4) 1-1
Coastal Carolina: (10-2) 1-1
William & Mary: (9-3) 2-0
Delaware: (8-4) 1-1
Towson: (9-3) 1-1
South Carolina State: (9-3) 2-0
Youngstown State: (8-4) 0-2
Sacred Heart: (9-3) 0-1
Jacksonville State: (9-3) 1-1
Tennessee State: (9-3) 1-0
Fordham: (12-0) 2-0
Mercer: (10-1) 1-0
Sam Houston State: (9-3) 1-1
McNeese State: (10-2) 2-0
SDSU (8-4) 2-0
Eastern Kentucky (8-4) 2-0

Remaining
Marist: (7-4) 0-1
Southern Utah: (7-5) 0-2
Samford (7-5) 1-1
New Hampshire (7-4) 2-0
Northern Iowa (7-5) 2-0
Dayton (7-4) 1-0
Wofford (7-4) 2-0
James Madison (7-5) 1-1
Portland State (7-5) 1-1
Liberty (7-5) 1-1
San Diego: (8-3) 1-0

Here's how I see the bracket playing out
SDSU @Montana State vs. #1 North Dakota State
San Diego @Northern Arizona vs. #8 Montana
William & Mary @Charleston Southern vs. #5 Fordham
Jacksonville State @Bethune-Cookman vs. #4 Southeastern Louisiana
Robert Morris @Towson vs. #3 Eastern Washington
South Carolina State @Coastal Carolina vs. #6 Maine
Chattanooga @Sam Houston State vs. #7 McNeese State
Lehigh @Youngstown State vs. #2 Eastern Illinois

Last Teams In: Montana State, YSU
First Team Out: Tennessee State, Delaware

Auto bids: 11 Teams
Patriot: Colgate (I have Lehigh here as I see Colgate losing their last two and Lehigh winning their last two)

Potential At Large: 13 Spots
Montana: (10-2) 2-0
Northern Arizona: (9-2) 2-0
Montana State: (8-4) 1-1
Southern Utah: (7-5) 0-2
Coastal Carolina: (10-2) 1-1
William & Mary: (9-3) 2-0
Delaware: (8-4) 1-1
Towson: (9-3) 1-1
South Carolina State: (9-3) 2-0
Youngstown State: (8-4) 0-2
Sacred Heart: (9-3) 0-1
Jacksonville State: (9-3) 1-1
Tennessee State: (9-3) 1-0
Fordham: (12-0) 2-0
Marist: (7-4) 0-1
Mercer: (10-1) 1-0
San Diego: (8-3) 1-0
Sam Houston State: (9-3) 1-1
McNeese State: (10-2) 2-0

Portland State (7-5) 1-1
Liberty (7-5) 1-1
James Madison (7-5) 1-1
SDSU (8-4) 2-0
Eastern Kentucky (8-4) 2-0
Tennessee Martin (6-6) 0-2
Lehigh (9-2) 2-0 - win conf auto bid
Samford (7-5) 1-1

Cal Poly (6-6) 1-1
Garner-Webb (6-6) 1-1
New Hampshire (7-4) 2-0
Monmouth (6-6) 1-1
Northern Iowa (7-5) 2-0
Southern Illinois(6-6) 1-1
Duquesne (6-5) 1-1
Murray State (5-7) 0-2
Drake (6-5) 0-1
Dayton (7-4) 1-0
Wofford (7-4) 2-0
Furman (5-6) 0-1
Northerwestern State (5-6) 0-1

This is everyone I believe to be eligible for the playoffs. with who has the inside track listed as the conference championship. I believe that Bethune/Cookman clinched with South Carolina State's win last night. With the San Diego wrench thrown in the tires it could make it an interesting deal for the Pioneer.

Mayville Bison
11-15-2013, 04:13 PM
The article says they self reported a potential violation of Pioneer rules and are out for the auto bid. But in the articles I read it was phrased both ways in seperate articles, some saying they were out of the playoffs and some saying they were out of the auto bid. I would think that if they don't get the auto bid they are certainly not getting in the playoffs period.

Ya, I think it's like Fordham. Since they didn't follow the conference rules, they can't win the conference and no auto-bid. I believe they are still "eligible" for an at-large spot, but they would've had to go undefeated for that to even be considered - Mercer won't get an at large at 10-1 (I think Butler controls their destiny if I'm reading things correctly).

JDZ
11-15-2013, 04:22 PM

http://www.pioneer-football.org/news/archives/2013/918/san-diego-withdraws-from-2013-pfl-championship/

...we have voluntarily elected to remove USD from consideration for this year’s conference championship and Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) automatic qualifier.

In the Pioneer, wouldn't "not getting the AQ" and "being out out", be the same thing?

bisonaudit
11-15-2013, 04:34 PM
http://www.pioneer-football.org/news/archives/2013/918/san-diego-withdraws-from-2013-pfl-championship/

In the Pioneer, wouldn't "not getting the AQ" and "being out out", be the same thing?

Yes. buttfordham. Who I still have 5 slots short of the last at-large at this point despite being 10-0. Not that I expect the committee to agree with (or anyone else for that matter). I just think it's a joke how we're compelled (at least to some degree) to respect these teams, how they "can't be kept out of the playoffs at 1x-x", when they don't play anyone.

Mayville Bison
11-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Yes. buttfordham. Who I still have 5 slots short of the last at-large at this point despite being 10-0. Not that I expect the committee to agree with (or anyone else for that matter). I just think it's a joke how we're compelled (at least to some degree) to respect these teams, how they "can't be kept out of the playoffs at 1x-x", when they don't play anyone.

I agree how everyone overvalues a team that gets to 10 wins (myself included with Coastal Carolina/Charleston Southern). Looking at Fordham though, you have to have them included somewhere. They did beat 2 CAA teams (one of them the preseason favorite to win the conference) and an FBS school (I know Temple isn't great, but still shows they are legit). Had they lost any of their games, they don't deserve to be even considered, but with the lack of quality teams in the 20-24 range, you have to let an undefeated team in (unless the schedule is all Pioneer, Ivy, and Patriot).

bisonaudit
11-15-2013, 05:09 PM
I agree how everyone overvalues a team that gets to 10 wins (myself included with Coastal Carolina/Charleston Southern). Looking at Fordham though, you have to have them included somewhere. They did beat 2 CAA teams (one of them the preseason favorite to win the conference) and an FBS school (I know Temple isn't great, but still shows they are legit). Had they lost any of their games, they don't deserve to be even considered, but with the lack of quality teams in the 20-24 range, you have to let an undefeated team in (unless the schedule is all Pioneer, Ivy, and Patriot).

No. I really don't. If you added Temple to the MVFC, they'd be 8th; Ind. St. would be favored by 7 on a neutral field against Rhode Island (1 point Fordham road win); and they beat Villanova by 3 at home.

Mayville Bison
11-15-2013, 05:21 PM
No. I really don't. If you added Temple to the MVFC, they'd be 8th; Ind. St. would be favored by 7 on a neutral field against Rhode Island (1 point Fordham road win); and they beat Villanova by 3 at home.

At the end of the day, they beat two teams in the CAA which will get at least 3 (if not 4) teams in the playoffs. If you want to make the argument that the CAA is not as good as everyone is saying they are, I'll agree there as I've said all year Nova was (and still is) overrated. Until the CAA gets knocked down a peg, two OOC wins over them and a spotless record is good enough for me.

JDZ
11-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Yes. buttfordham.

buttfordham is quasi-Patriot, I thought. I don't see what that has to do with the Pioneer. Unless you are saying San Diego is at least as good as buttfordham.

bisonaudit
11-15-2013, 05:58 PM
buttfordham is quasi-Patriot, I thought. I don't see what that has to do with the Pioneer. Unless you are saying San Diego is at least as good as buttfordham.

I'm saying there's no accounting for taste. They're both the best teams in bad conferences and they're both ineligible for the auto-bid. I don't think San Diego is as good as Fordham and I don't think either of them deserve an at-large birth in the playoffs, but Fordham is going to get one.

missingnumber7
11-15-2013, 05:58 PM

nah, buttfordham is the same as buttlehigh was last year...good record against ave competition and crappy conference.

JDZ
11-15-2013, 06:21 PM
So, if nobody in the buttPioneer is good enough to make an at-large birth, I'm not sure why we care whether the AQ goes to buttSan Diego or some other buttteam?

Let's all just focus our butthurt towards buttFordham pushing a buttpotential .500 buttMissouri State team out of the playoffs.

bisonaudit
11-15-2013, 06:31 PM
At the end of the day, they beat two teams in the CAA which will get at least 3 (if not 4) teams in the playoffs. If you want to make the argument that the CAA is not as good as everyone is saying they are, I'll agree there as I've said all year Nova was (and still is) overrated. Until the CAA gets knocked down a peg, two OOC wins over them and a spotless record is good enough for me.

I'm not arguing that the CAA isn't as good a people say it is. I think they're the second best conference in 1-AA so in as much as people think that, I agree with them. I'm saying that despite the fact that they play in the CAA, Rhode Island is a bad football team that Fordham squeaked past and that the Villanova victory, while much more respectable was by a similarly small margin. With no other opponents approaching that kind of quality, it looks like more like an outlier than a legitimate representation of Fordham's worth.

You lumped the Ivy League in with the Patriot and Pioneer earlier. I wish people wouldn't do that. Harvard and Princeton are both better than anyone in the Patriot League and the next three teams are all better than anyone in the Pioneer.

missingnumber7
11-15-2013, 06:41 PM
So, if nobody in the buttPioneer is good enough to make an at-large birth, I'm not sure why we care whether the AQ goes to buttSan Diego or some other buttteam?

Let's all just focus our butthurt towards buttFordham pushing a buttpotential .500 buttMissouri State team out of the playoffs.ButtMissouri can't make the buttplayoffs...#butt7wins

bisonaudit
11-15-2013, 06:59 PM
ButtMissouri can't make the buttplayoffs...#butt7wins

butt-not-actually-a-rule.

JDZ
11-15-2013, 07:00 PM
I was being buttfacetious.

You lumped the Ivy League in with the Patriot and Pioneer earlier. I wish people wouldn't do that. Harvard and Princeton are both better than anyone in the Patriot League and the next three teams are all better than anyone in the Pioneer.
So, why don't they prove it by playing somebody other than Pioneer or Patriot out-of-conference? Or join the playoffs and prove it there? Poorly buttconnected.

bisonaudit
11-15-2013, 07:07 PM
I was being buttfacetious.

So, why don't they prove it by playing somebody other than Pioneer or Patriot out-of-conference? Or join the playoffs and prove it there? Poorly buttconnected.

I don't know. I've heard all of the reasons why they don't participate in the playoffs. They don't make sense to me.

I'm not sure I buy the poorly connected argument. They play three non-conference game a year, just like almost everyone else. Also, if those are the only conferences they play in their non-conference schedule, as long as we're talking about which of the three of them is better (and it's clearly the Ivy by a substantial margin) they're not poorly connected at all.

missingnumber7
11-15-2013, 07:22 PM
I don't know. I heard all of the reasons why they don't participate in the playoffs. They don't make sense to me.

I'm not sure I buy the poorly connected argument. They play three non-conference game a year, just like almost everyone else. Also, if those are the only conferences they play in their non-conference schedule, as long as we're talking about which of the three of them is better (and it's clearly the Ivy by a substantial margin) they're not poorly connected at all.

I don't think its as clear as you would think.
Ivy vs non confs 13-11
vs Patriot 8-7
vs Pioneer 2-0
vs CAA 2-2
vs Big Sky 1-0
vs Ind 0-2

NorthernBison
11-15-2013, 07:27 PM

Butt#3MVFCResume. Unless you think ButtSDSU who they BEAT is more Buttdeserving. #DisrespecttheJacks.

Tatanka
11-15-2013, 07:32 PM
Ivy vs non confs 13-11
vs Patriot 8-7
vs Pioneer 2-0
vs CAA 2-2
vs Big Sky 1-0
vs Ind 0-2

LOL @ Big Sky

Mayville Bison
11-15-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm not arguing that the CAA isn't as good a people say it is. I think they're the second best conference in 1-AA so in as much as people think that, I agree with them. I'm saying that despite the fact that they play in the CAA, Rhode Island is a bad football team that Fordham squeaked past and that the Villanova victory, while much more respectable was by a similarly small margin. With no other opponents approaching that kind of quality, it looks like more like an outlier than a legitimate representation of Fordham's worth.

I can understand that a one-time win over Nova could be an outlier. I guess we are kinda both saying the same thing except in two different ways. My problem isn't so much with Fordham getting in as it is that Lehigh gets to get in too. Forget all the conference rules and go by if you meet FCS requirements, you are eligible to win the conference you are in. If your conference doesn't want you, the conference should remove them. None of this "you didn't play by our rules so you can't get our auto-bid" garbage.

As for Ivy League, I lumped them together because they would all be one-and-dones in the playoffs (if Ivy would ever change). Ironically, Princeton lost to Lehigh this year :hide:

missingnumber7
11-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Butt#3MVFCResume. Unless you think ButtSDSU who they BEAT is more Buttdeserving. #DisrespecttheJacks.

The next two weeks could prove extremely interesting. If the teams that should win...win, then no way SDSU gets in. But if the pot gets stirred there is a chance(see 2010 FCS playoffs and NDSU at large bid). But if a couple of the teams that wouldn't qualify for an at large win an autobid that could take away an at large there is no way.

bisonaudit
11-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Ivy vs non confs 13-11
vs Patriot 8-7
vs Pioneer 2-0
vs CAA 2-2
vs Big Sky 1-0
vs Ind 0-2

Ivy v. Patriot (Is anyone making a serious contention about the Pioneer? They're the worst conference in 1-AA.)

Sagarin:
Ivy 50.73
Patriot 43.74

Ivy avg margin in victories = 20
Patriot avg margin in victories = 15

Median:
Ivy = 18
Patriot = 14

trim the high/low from each:
Ivy avg margin in victories = 20
Patriot avg margin in victories = 12

Also: they're 1-2 v. CAA and 1-0 v. Northeast

Bisonwinagn
11-15-2013, 11:20 PM
The next two weeks could prove extremely interesting. If the teams that should win...win, then no way SDSU gets in. But if the pot gets stirred there is a chance(see 2010 FCS playoffs and NDSU at large bid). But if a couple of the teams that wouldn't qualify for an at large win an autobid that could take away an at large there is no way.

Well they would be in over YSU if NDSU wins this week...so that would be an easy replacement and I think likely to happen at this point.

NorthernBison
11-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Well they would be in over YSU if NDSU wins this week...so that would be an easy replacement and I think likely to happen at this point.

How do you figure? YSU and SDSU play next week. SDSU should finish 4th in the conference.

Tatanka
11-15-2013, 11:49 PM
How do you figure? YSU and SDSU play next week. SDSU should finish 4th in the conference.Is that the equivalent of a Zennerth? If so, they got it in fewer than eight attempts. Huzzah, rabbits.

Bisonwinagn
11-16-2013, 12:04 AM
How do you figure? YSU and SDSU play next week. SDSU should finish 4th in the conference.

I think SDSU will win out and both teams would be 8-4 (5-3) with the head to head going to SDSU. This also may be good enough for 2nd place in the conf.

JDZ
11-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Well, buttfordham lost, so maybe they'll get the buttlehigh treatment.

AjaxTheMighty
11-17-2013, 12:43 AM
What are the playoff dates?

Gully
11-17-2013, 12:45 AM
OMG, we are going to get stuck playing SDSU in the 2nd round AGAIN. I don't think they can beat us, but I'd much rather see some other teams.

Tatanka
11-17-2013, 12:50 AM
OMG, we are going to get stuck playing SDSU in the 2nd round AGAIN. I don't think they can beat us, but I'd much rather see some other teams.

This, although it would be nice to kick their asses one more time for posterity.

BlueBisonRock
11-17-2013, 12:53 AM

This, although it would be nice to kick their asses one more time for posterity.

Depends on who they play in the first round.

Wally
11-17-2013, 12:55 AM

Assuming they could make it out of the first round.

NorthernBison
11-17-2013, 12:57 AM
I think SDSU will win out and both teams would be 8-4 (5-3) with the head to head going to SDSU. This also may be good enough for 2nd place in the conf.

You are probably right. If the sorry ass Jackrabbits are the 2nd best in the MVFC, that says something unflattering.

The only other explanation is that NDSU is on a completely different level than anybody we've seen so far. Seriously.

Tatanka
Depends on who they play in the first round.

Assuming they could make it out of the first round.

Very true.

cracker
Montana State lost to So Utah. Now 7-4 with Montana next weekend.

NDSUstudent
11-17-2013, 12:59 AM
I'm not sure if SDSU would play us or not, it depends on who they would play in round 1.

Gully
11-17-2013, 01:00 AM
The teams they are likely to play in round one aren't very good.

Tatanka
11-17-2013, 01:04 AM

And SDSU is? :D

BlueBisonRock
11-17-2013, 01:04 AM

Now you're just dissin' the Bunnies!

Gully
11-17-2013, 01:05 AM
Good points :)

NDSUstudent
11-17-2013, 01:06 AM

Right now I'm guessing they would get a Big Sky team or maybe an SLC team.

There is an outside shot they would get Butler. If that happens they will be coming to Fargo again.

Mayville Bison
11-17-2013, 01:06 AM
Fordham, Charleston Southern, and Montana State lost. All 3 could be out of the playoffs if they lose again next week (might be already).

1998braves64
11-17-2013, 01:07 AM
What are the playoff dates?

First round (is it officially first round still with 24 teams?): November 30th
Second round: December 6th / December 7th
Quarters: December 13th / December 14th
Semis: December 20th / December 21st
Chipper: January 4th

Wally
11-17-2013, 01:07 AM

I wonder if they would even get a home game. Their athletic dept couldn't have made any money with that throng of 4000 in attendance last year

1998braves64
11-17-2013, 01:10 AM
I wonder if they would even get a home game. Their athletic dept couldn't have made any money with that throng of 4000 in attendance last year

Not always about making money though... Guessing a few AD throw money away to get a home playoff game.

tjbison
11-17-2013, 01:16 AM
First round (is it officially first round still with 24 teams?): November 30th
Second round: December 6th / December 7th
Quarters: December 13th / December 14th
Semis: December 20th / December 21st
Chipper: January 4th

they play ALL games Saturday the 7th, alternate after due to TV i believe

northerniowadave
11-17-2013, 01:24 AM
You are probably right. If the sorry ass Jackrabbits are the 2nd best in the MVFC, that says something unflattering.

The only other explanation is that NDSU is on a completely different level than anybody we've seen so far. Seriously.

The Bison are special. Only team that can beat them is themselves.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

JDZ
11-17-2013, 01:29 AM
Who is going to make out in from the SoCon? Besides the AQ, who can you make an argument for? Samford, I suppose. Wofford can't get 7 wins. With 24 teams, I think an argument could be made for some 6-win teams, even if it is a 12-game season for most teams. MVFC better get at least 3 teams in.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

td577
11-17-2013, 01:47 AM
After the Bison game, I was flipping through channels on the TV. I stopped on the EWU and Cal-Poly game for about 1 minute. I hit it right when they were giving the results to a text-in poll about how many big fluffy teams should get in the playoffs. 45% of those respondents said 4. All I was thinking was that would make it a lot easier for the other teams that do make it in. No one plays defense like those in the big fluffy. Thank God.

CAS4127
11-17-2013, 01:55 AM
Honestly here--with what we are doing and how we are playing, FCS is almost a joke. We Are that much better. Can it continue?! I say yes. We will just reload!! I mean, we slaughtered YSU. Today if you really look at stats/game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

td577
11-17-2013, 02:00 AM
Honestly here--with what we are doing and how we are playing, FCS is almost a joke. We Are that much better. Can it continue?! I say yes. We will just reload!! I mean, we slaughtered YSU. Today if you really look at stats/game.

I have been thinking all season it will be about reloading next year and will still be highly competitive. For every senior we lose, I can name a underclassman who is ready to step in and we aren't even talking about recruits yet.

CAS4127
11-17-2013, 02:04 AM
I have been thinking all season it will be about reloading next year and will still be highly competitive. For every senior we lose, I can name a underclassman who is ready to step in and we aren't even talking about recruits yet.

And I think ESPN see's what is going on here!! It's crazy, but it is real. We can/could play with any team. We Win another Natty or it's an upset. Who can beat us?!

td577
11-17-2013, 02:10 AM
And I think ESPN see's what is going on here!! It's crazy, but it is real. We can/could play with any team. We Win another Natty or it's an upset. Who can beat us?!

If we were to move up, it will have to be driven by ESPN.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

tjbison
11-17-2013, 02:12 AM

I never think this way, but after a couple people who dont follow football sent me texts about this team I got to thinking

Our 'bad" game is a normal game for everyone else, we play 1 notch above normal so we have a screw up cushion so to say, its really a special thing Bohl has right now and I hope I get to watch them all the way to Jan 4th again

BlueBisonRock
11-17-2013, 03:13 AM
With one week left in the regular season, the MVFC potentially has five teams with seven or more wins for the year. Next weeks games have:

Southern Illinois at Indiana
South Dakota State at Youngstown State
South Dakota at North Dakota State
Western Illinois at UNI

Wins by SI, SDSU, NDSU, and UNI would leave the following conference records and standings.

North Dakota State 8-0 11-0
Youngstown State 5-3 8-4
Missouri State 5-3 5-7
South Dakota State 5-3 8-4
Southern Illinois 5-3 7-5
Illinois State 4-4 5-6
South Dakota 3-5 4-8
Northern Iowa 3-5 7-5
Western Illinois 2-6 4-8
Indiana State 0-8 1-11

These results would provide five MVFC teams with seven or more wins and an interesting grouping of three 5-3 teams.

There is no doubt that the Bison would get the number one seed and there is a fair chance that the two eight win teams could / should be in the playoffs. I am wondering if the stars could align and the MVFC get five of the twenty four slots in the tourney? The fourth team in (Southern Illinois) would have seven wins and be in a three way tie for second in the conference. The fifth team (UNI) would have a poor conference record, but would have a good FBS win and a butt kicking of McNeese on their side.

I believe there is a good chance that the projected wins do occur. If they do, it provides some interesting playoff prognostication.

Thoughts? Rebuttals?

td577
11-17-2013, 04:27 AM
With one week left in the regular season, the MVFC potentially has five teams with seven or more wins for the year. Next weeks games have:

Southern Illinois at Indiana
South Dakota State at Youngstown State
South Dakota at North Dakota State
Western Illinois at UNI

Wins by SI, SDSU, NDSU, and UNI would leave the following conference records and standings.

North Dakota State 8-0 11-0
Youngstown State 5-3 8-4
Missouri State 5-3 5-7
South Dakota State 5-3 8-4
Southern Illinois 5-3 7-5
Illinois State 4-4 5-6
South Dakota 3-5 4-8
Northern Iowa 3-5 7-5
Western Illinois 2-6 4-8
Indiana State 0-8 1-11

These results would provide five MVFC teams with seven or more wins and an interesting grouping of three 5-3 teams.

There is no doubt that the Bison would get the number one seed and there is a fair chance that the two eight win teams could / should be in the playoffs. I am wondering if the stars could align and the MVFC get five of the twenty four slots in the tourney? The fourth team in (Southern Illinois) would have seven wins and be in a three way tie for second in the conference. The fifth team (UNI) would have a poor conference record, but would have a good FBS win and a butt kicking of McNeese on their side.

I believe there is a good chance that the projected wins do occur. If they do, it provides some interesting playoff prognostication.

Thoughts? Rebuttals?

I think it is going to be a tough call for the committee. NDSU is in. YSU is in. SDSU is in if they beat YSU? UNI has some impressive wins but lost to SDSU, SIU, USD, and Illinois State. SIU beat SDSU and UNI and lost to YSU by 1.

I just don't think there is any way 5 teams get in. I think UNI and SIU are out, no matter which way you look at it. I think SDSU wins next Saturday and they are in with YSU. If SDSU loses, it will make things very interesting with three 7 win teams.

gotts
11-17-2013, 04:32 AM
I think it is going to be a tough call for the committee. NDSU is in. YSU is in. SDSU is in if they beat YSU? UNI has some impressive wins but lost to SDSU, SIU, USD, and Illinois State. SIU beat SDSU and UNI and lost to YSU by 1.

I just don't think there is any way 5 teams get in. I think UNI and SIU are out, no matter which way you look at it. I think SDSU wins next Saturday and they are in with YSU. If SDSU loses, it will make things very interesting with three 7 win teams.

OVC would probably get 3 in before the MVFC got 5 in, I think.

1998braves64
11-17-2013, 11:51 AM
All I can say that is the oddest combination of conference and overall records I've seen in a while, imagine if UNI squeaked out a win over SD they'd only moved up one spot and would have 8 wins and likely in the playoffs.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

bisonaudit
11-17-2013, 03:10 PM
OVC would probably get 3 in before the MVFC got 5 in, I think.

That would be some BS.

NDSUstudent
11-17-2013, 03:13 PM
The OVC could get 3 in before the MVFC gets 3 in.

The MVFC could end up with the same number of playoff teams as the MEAC, Big South, OVC, Patriot and SoCon.

It is BS but sadly it is probably reality, especially if SDSU loses to YSU.

cracker
11-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Does ESPN's interest in NDSU increase the chance of playing Friday night playoff games in prime time?
Not trying to start a discussion on preferences for tailgating, travel, etc.

aces1180
11-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Does ESPN's interest in NDSU increase the chance of playing Friday night playoff games in prime time?

No doubt in my mind that we'll have one Friday night game on ESPN 2.

gotts
11-17-2013, 03:22 PM
That would be some BS.

Most years I would agree, but not this year.

Tatanka
11-17-2013, 03:42 PM
No doubt in my mind that we'll have one Friday night game on ESPN 2.

At least one.

SDSUAlum08
11-17-2013, 04:13 PM
NDSU is in. If YSU wins SDSU is out. SDSU wins then 3 teams get in. No way the Valley gets 4 teams, let alone 5.

thebootfitter
11-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Most years I would agree, but not this year.
Why is that? Do you really think that #2 or #3 in SoCon, OVC, SLC, MEAC, Big South, etc. are actually better teams than MVFC #3 or #4?

It is an issue that existed in the old NCC as well. When the toughest conference beats each other up so their records look unattractive, yet the middle of the road teams could take first or second in many of the other conferences.

MNLonghorn10
11-17-2013, 04:25 PM

Hope so..the Georgia southern Friday night tailgate was the best one ever

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

A1pigskin
11-17-2013, 04:41 PM
Home field advantage will be nice.

Wally
11-17-2013, 04:44 PM
At least one.

My guess is both the quarters and semis will be Friday

Hammerhead
11-17-2013, 04:55 PM
I've been wondering about that, too.

Even if NDSU doesn't host a Friday night game (due to scheduling conflicts with the graduation ceremony or whatever), I can't see ESPN choosing another game for ESPNU on a Saturday and putting NDSU on espn3.

td577
11-17-2013, 05:14 PM
I've been wondering about that, too.

Even if NDSU doesn't host a Friday night game (due to scheduling conflicts with the graduation ceremony or whatever), I can't see ESPN choosing another game for ESPNU on a Saturday and putting NDSU on espn3.

I think we all know graduation won't effect scheduling. It will be what espn wants.

MAKBison
11-17-2013, 05:41 PM
I predict as lot of Friday games

1998braves64
11-17-2013, 06:13 PM
I think we all know graduation won't affect scheduling. It will be what espn wants.

fify... It did not have an affect last year for GA southern game I distinctly recall seeing several graduates there in cap and gown.

Sent from my HTC8x Windows Phone.

Trumpster
11-18-2013, 01:36 PM
fify... It did not have an affect last year for GA southern game I distinctly recall seeing several graduates there in cap and gown.

Yes, fall commencement was held at the BSA last year.

BisonTeacher
11-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Is the selection show this sunday?

BisonNation11
11-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Yes @ 10:30 AM

aces1180
11-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Yes @ 10:30 AM

My guess is ESPN will want to interview Bohl again, so the coaches show will probably air at a different time. Just a prediction.

BisonNation11
11-18-2013, 01:57 PM
My guess is ESPN will want to interview Bohl again, so the coaches show will probably air at a different time. Just a prediction.

Not so fast my friend! Move coaches show to ESPN, kill two birds with one stone/save season!

HerdBot
11-18-2013, 01:59 PM
Hope so..the Georgia southern Friday night tailgate was the best one ever

^^ this!! Love the night games. Just has a different vibe. I remember seeing the Frisco Cruiser with a damn light show!

aces1180
11-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Not so fast my friend! Move coaches show to ESPN, kill two birds with one stone/save season!

Sounds good! They can announce the brackets after the final Gate City Bank mortgage commercial in place of talking about next week's matchup!

HerdBot
11-18-2013, 02:07 PM
That would be some BS.

Outside of Eastern Illinois who is awesome, the OVC sucks pretty bad. I would rather play any OVC team than any MVFC team except Eastern Illinois who in my opinion is amazing!

Bisonfan1
11-18-2013, 02:29 PM
^^ this!! Love the night games. Just has a different vibe. I remember seeing the Frisco Cruiser with a damn light show!

Thats all great and everything, but keep in mind the routine the Bison like to follow. I remember the whole preferance being Saturday games to keep within the routine. Effects walk throughs and eliminates a practice day during the week. Im pretty sure I remember comments in the past from the NDSU higher ups relating preferance for Saturday games. I realize there is not much control over this. My preferance is what NDSU prefers and I will be there on that day/night.

missingnumber7
11-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Big Sky Conf:
Eastern Washington

Big South:
Coastal Carolina

CAA:
Maine

MEAC
Bethune/Cookman

MVFC
NDSU

NEC:
Sacred Heart

OVC
Eastern Illinois

Patriot
Lafayette

Pioneer:
Butler

Southern
Furman

Southland
Southeastern Louisana

missingnumber7
11-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Already in:
Eastern Washington
Eastern Illinois
Sacred Heart
North Dakota State
Southeastern Louisiana
Butler
Maine
Coastal Carolina
Lafayette
Bethune-Cookman
Chattanooga

Schools with 7 wins (in order of number of D1 wins)
10 wins
Fordham

9 wins
Montana (10 Total Wins)
Towson
Northern Arizona

8 wins
Charleston Southern (10 Total wins)
McNeese State (9 Total Wins)
Tennessee State (9 Total Wins)
South Carolina State (9 Total Wins)
Youngstown State
Marist
Sam Houston State
South Dakota State
Lehigh

7 wins
Butler (9 Total Wins)
Southern Utah (8 Total Wins)
Jacksonville State (8 Total Wins)
Delaware
William & Mary
Tennessee-Martin
Dayton
Samford
New Hampshire
Furman

6 wins (have 1 game remaining)
Liberty (8 Total Wins)
Montana State (7 Total Wins)
Duquesne (7 Total Wins)
North Carolina A&T (7 Total Wins)
Southern Illinois (7 Total Wins)
James Madison
Northern Iowa
Eastern Kentucky

5 wins (with 1 game remaining)
Mercer (9 Total Wins)
Gardner-Webb (7 Total Wins)
Central Arkansas (6 Total Wins)

4 wins (with 1 game remaining)
Portland State (6 Total Wins)

EndZoneQB
11-19-2013, 07:42 PM
I have no idea if this is the right place for this, haven't been following the thread.

Anyway, has anyone put together the idea that we are likely to be on Friday nights this year because of our ESPN "darling" relationship so far this season? You know they would love to pimp us a little more and why not? They know what we are about and what it will look like on TV...I think it's time to ready ourselves for Friday primetime.

aces1180
11-19-2013, 07:44 PM
I have no idea if this is the right place for this, haven't been following the thread.

Anyway, has anyone put together the idea that we are likely to be on Friday nights this year because of our ESPN "darling" relationship so far this season? You know they would love to pimp us a little more and why not? They know what we are about and what it will look like on TV...I think it's time to ready ourselves for Friday primetime.

I think it was mentioned in this thread, in fact...I agree, there is no doubt in my mind that we will get at least one Friday night game this year. And depending on the match-up, I could see us getting two.

bri-dog
11-19-2013, 07:52 PM
For purely selfish reasons, Friday night games would be awesome -- I'll be in Orlando playing golf from the 6th to the 15th and would have trouble seeing a Saturday afternoon game...

tony
11-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Question: Didn't NDSU get offered and turn down a Friday night game in one of the past two years?

aces1180
11-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Question: Didn't NDSU get offered and turn down a Friday night game in one of the past two years?

I think they have made it their preference to play on Saturday's, but ultimately ESPN makes the decision...Don't quote me on that, though.

SDbison
11-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Friday night game turned down two years ago, but last year the Bison played a friday night game against Georgia Southern.

Mr Meaty
11-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Friday night or Saturday either way Bison Nation will show up. I have saved enough vacation days for Friday tailgating if needed. Last year only the quarter finals and semi finals had Friday and Saturday games. First two rounds are all on Saturday unless they change it up this year. We will have a first round bye and then 2nd round should be on Saturday either afternoon for prime time at night. Then wait and see on quarters and semis.

SportsLover
11-19-2013, 08:11 PM
I don't see us having a Friday night game during the semis. Men's basketball has a game Saturday and with graduation ceremony at 4 on Friday. I think gene will do everything in his power to get us a Saturday game IMO.

EndZoneQB
11-19-2013, 08:14 PM
I don't see us having a Friday night game during the semis. Men's basketball has a game Saturday and with graduation ceremony at 4 on Friday. I think gene will do everything in his power to get us a Saturday game IMO.

That was exactly what happened last year...was it not?

Bison 4 Life
11-19-2013, 08:15 PM

Just like last year, if ESPN says jump, they will jump. No way were they letting the premier matchup get away last year. If that same thing happens this year, expect things to be the same.

SportsLover
11-19-2013, 08:19 PM
That was exactly what happened last year...was it not?

No there wasn't a men's or women's game on December 14th or 15th at home last year.

SportsLover
11-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Just like last year, if ESPN says jump, they will jump. No way were they letting the premier matchup get away last year. If that same thing happens this year, expect things to be the same.

Even though two years ago ESPN says jump, we declined???

Mayville Bison
11-19-2013, 08:25 PM
Even though two years ago ESPN says jump, we declined???

NDSU isn't the media darlings that year that they are now. It seems that everytime NDSU is mentioned lately it has turned out - think Gameday at YSU being considered. Two years ago, ESPN may have preferred NDSU, but they had another option because NDSU wasn't that big of a national draw. This year on the other hand is a completely different animal with how much NDSU's name recognition has grown.

EndZoneQB
11-19-2013, 08:31 PM
No there wasn't a men's or women's game on December 14th or 15th at home last year.

So, wait, let me get this straight. You think we shouldn't have a Friday 7pm game because we have graduation at 4 on a Friday and a basketball game on a Saturday? If we already had graduation the same day as a game...why would that a problem again? It'd be less of a problem that there is a basketball game at the same time? Is that logic we are using here? Just want to be on the same page.

TransAmBison
11-19-2013, 08:32 PM
We put in our request...we did not get to make the decision.

aces1180
11-19-2013, 08:34 PM
So, wait, let me get this straight. You think we shouldn't have a Friday 7pm game because we have graduation at 4 on a Friday and a basketball game on a Saturday? If we already had graduation the same day as a game...why would that a problem again? It'd be less of a problem that there is a basketball game at the same time? Is that logic we are using here? Just want to be on the same page.

The basketball game that Saturday is a night game and the Saturday semi-final is usually around noon/1 pm...I agree that it really won't impact the game...Graduation went off last year without an issue (I know some people were mad because they had parties planned for after the event, but that's life.

I thought the atmosphere during last year's GSU game was off the charts...Let's do it again this year!

EndZoneQB
11-19-2013, 08:36 PM
The basketball game that Saturday is a night game and the Saturday semi-final is usually around noon/1 pm...I agree that it really won't impact the game...Graduation went off last year without an issue (I know some people were mad because they had parties planned for after the event, but that's life.

I thought the atmosphere during last year's GSU game was off the charts...Let's do it again this year!

Friday or Saturday, we won't be playing at 1.

SportsLover
11-19-2013, 08:38 PM

What I am saying is they probably do not want to move graduation to the BSA on Friday because I'm guessing Saul and the team will need it for practice/ walkthrough for a tough game vs Towson. If they move it to the BSA I'm sure it would take all day for set up and tear down. That is my thinking... Sorry it's not so narrow minded like some here

aces1180
11-19-2013, 08:41 PM
Friday or Saturday, we won't be playing at 1.

I'm not so sure about that...In 2011, the GSU game was in the afternoon on ESPNU.

Same goes for the Saturday semi-final between SHSU/EWU last year on ESPNU.

In the past, formula is such: ESPN2 = Friday primetime/ESPNU = Saturday afternoon

BisonNation11
11-19-2013, 08:42 PM
What I am saying is they probably do not want to move graduation to the BSA on Friday because I'm guessing Saul and the team will need it for practice/ walkthrough for a tough game vs Towson. If they move it to the BSA I'm sure it would take all day for set up and tear down. That is my thinking... Sorry it's not so narrow minded like some here

Money and exposure talks. If ESPN wants it on Saturday night, they will have it Saturday night. If they want it Friday night, they will have it Friday night. Just know this ahead of time: ESPN will do everything they can to get NDSU the most exposure they can no matter what other events NDSU may have going on either night.

gotts
11-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Money and exposure talks. If ESPN wants it on Saturday night, they will have it Saturday night. If they want it Friday night, they will have it Friday night. Just know this ahead of time: ESPN will do everything they can to make the most money for ESPN.

FIFY

10 char

GRAFTONBISON
11-19-2013, 08:49 PM
Football team primetime Friday night on ESPN and basketball team vs. Towson primetime on ESPN Saturday night. Problem solved, win/win for both programs.!!

I think Saul could do without a walkthrough on Friday for that exposure?

EndZoneQB
11-19-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm not so sure about that...In 2011, the GSU game was in the afternoon on ESPNU.

In the past, formula is such: ESPN2 = Friday primetime/ESPNU = Saturday afternoon

Ah, yeah. I was thinking quarterfinals for that comment. If it's for the semis, you are correct. My bad.

344Johnson
11-19-2013, 08:58 PM
I'd be inclined to email Gene asking about the potential for Friday games because I work in the evening...but I feel like he'd respond with some nonsense about not putting the cart before the horse...

EndZoneQB
11-19-2013, 09:02 PM
I'd be inclined to email Gene asking about the potential for Friday games because I work in the evening...but I feel like he'd respond with some nonsense about not putting the cart before the horse...

Plan for it now. It's WAY easier to cancel vacation than it is to get it on short notice.

MNLonghorn10
11-19-2013, 09:27 PM

We're talking like 330 though.game will be over at 6. Not 1 or two

aces1180
11-19-2013, 09:29 PM

Once again, if we look at history, both Saturday semi-final games the last two years were played at 1 pm local time...

runtheoption
11-19-2013, 09:31 PM
I work in the evening...

Plan for it now. It's WAY easier to cancel vacation than it is to get it on short notice. Just quit. You can find another job. You cannot find another NDSU home playoff game going on that day.

gotts
11-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Just quit. You can find another job. You cannot find another NDSU home playoff game going on that day.

This is truth.

BISONBRI53
11-19-2013, 09:40 PM
So we are talking possibly the 13 & 14th Friday/Saturday weekend and then the 20th & 21st Friday/Saturday weekend correct?

missingnumber7
11-20-2013, 12:29 PM

You'd have to think that would be NDSU's optimal option. 19000+ fans leaving the fargodome and heading over to the BSA and after they win that atmosphere would be awesome. As opposed to the Who game following the EWU playoff game.

Hammerhead
11-20-2013, 12:53 PM
YSU moved up 4 spots in the Massey ratings after losing to NDSU and they are currently #8 in the FCS if you exclude Princeton since the Ivy League doesn't participate in the playoffs.
http://www.compughterratings.com/FCS/ratings

Mayville Bison
11-20-2013, 02:40 PM
YSU moved up 4 spots in the Massey ratings after losing to NDSU and they are currently #8 in the FCS if you exclude Princeton since the Ivy League doesn't participate in the playoffs.
http://www.compughterratings.com/FCS/ratings

#38 Cal Poly 5-6
#40 Montana St 7-4

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BisonNeil
11-20-2013, 03:13 PM
There has been a lot of concern expressed about going from 20 to 24 teams for the FCS playoffs. I have been in favor of it. However, I never anticipated that this could happen.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4641309

aces1180
11-20-2013, 03:15 PM
There has been a lot of concern expressed about going from 20 to 24 teams for the FCS playoffs. I have been in favor of it. However, I never anticipated that this could happen.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4641309

Go Pards!!!

NDSUstudent
11-20-2013, 03:15 PM

That happening has nothing to do with playoff expansion, the winner of the Lehigh-Lafayette game is automatically in the playoffs.

AKBison
11-20-2013, 03:27 PM
That happening has nothing to do with playoff expansion, the winner of the Lehigh-Lafayette game is automatically in the playoffs.

Pretty much, with that said though....Go Pards!

BisonNeil
11-20-2013, 03:35 PM

Okay, my bad. I thought this was the first year, due to the expansion to 24 teams, that the Patriot League got an auto-bid for the playoffs. I guess I am wrong about that.

BisonNation11
11-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Okay, my bad. I thought this was the first year, due to the expansion to 24 teams, that the Patriot League got an auto-bid for the playoffs. I guess I am wrong about that.

I believe it's the Pioneer that gets the new auto-bid to the playoffs.

NDSUstudent
11-20-2013, 03:40 PM

Well it is the first year the Pioneer League gets a bid and that spot went to Butler who lost to SDSU 55-14 earlier this year. They also lost to Dartmouth, their only non-conference wins are over non-D1s. I wonder which lucky team gets a first round bye?

DePereBisonFan
11-20-2013, 03:53 PM

I don't think anyone ever envisioned a 5-loss B1G Ten team (http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=330010024)playing in the Rose Bowl either. System and scenario may not be perfect, but it is what it is. Go Pards, cool that we hosted them OOC last year. Win when you need to win.

344Johnson
11-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Just quit. You can find another job. You cannot find another NDSU home playoff game going on that day.

or.....too sick to work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7RyFbMbJGc

missingnumber7
11-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Already in:
Eastern Washington
Eastern Illinois
Sacred Heart
North Dakota State
Southeastern Louisiana
Butler
Maine
Coastal Carolina
Lafayette
Bethune-Cookman
Furman

Schools with 7 wins (in order of number of D1 wins)
10 wins
Fordham
Towson

9 wins
Montana (10 Total Wins)
McNeese State (10 Total Wins)
Northern Arizona

8 wins
Charleston Southern (10 Total wins)
Tennessee State (9 Total Wins)
South Carolina State (9 Total Wins)
Jacksonville State (9 Total Wins)
Youngstown State
Marist
Sam Houston State
South Dakota State
Lehigh
Chattanooga

7 wins
Southern Utah (8 Total Wins)
Delaware
William & Mary
Tennessee-Martin
Dayton
Samford
New Hampshire
Northern Iowa

6 wins
Liberty (8 Total Wins)
Montana State (7 Total Wins)
Duquesne (7 Total Wins)
North Carolina A&T (7 Total Wins)
Southern Illinois (7 Total Wins)
Central Arkansas (7 Total Wins)

5 wins
Mercer (9 Total Wins)
Gardner-Webb (7 Total Wins)

silkamilkamonico
11-23-2013, 11:25 PM
I believe it's the Pioneer that gets the new auto-bid to the playoffs.

Am I reading that right, theywon the Pioneer with a 3-1 record? Only 5 Conference teams?

missingnumber7
11-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Am I reading that right, theywon the Pioneer with a 3-1 record? Only 5 Conference teams?

4-1 with win today and they have 7 but Fordham doesnt count because they offer schollies.