PDA

View Full Version : Williams

Pages : [1] 2

The Legend
10-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Is Marcus a legitimate pro prospect? When you think about it most of his interceptions over the years are from throws behind the receiver. Let the ridicule begin.

NDSUstudent
10-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Preposterous

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

CaBisonFan
10-05-2013, 09:11 PM
He's legit. He covers a lot of ground against their best receiver...every game. Takes some chances to get a pick.

Exbison
10-05-2013, 09:14 PM
No. He needs to be dominate, and at this point he is more hype than performance. I know the response to this will talk about his interception record, etc. Just keep in mind that he was average against BCS teams. There are 100 average corners at that level. He needed to stand out. He didn't. I suggest if he gets a shot at the NFL, he will be cut before the season begins. I hope not, but the proof is on the field.

semobison
10-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Playing corner is an unforgiving experience. Even the best get beat once in a while. The good ones all have a short memory. Is Marcus NFL material? Only time will tell.

The Legend
10-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Is Marcus a legitimate pro prospect? When you think about it most of his interceptions over the years are from throws behind the receiver. Let the ridicule begin.

I was hesitant to start this thread. But I thought Ferris State exploited Marcus and now all teams are following suit.

Bison 4 Life
10-05-2013, 09:38 PM
I think we can close the thread after that last play.

ThunderDan
10-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Only way he will play in the nfl is special teams. Punt or kick return

1st&TennBison
10-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Well his tackling need to improve, this shoulder bump crap he is doing in this game is not cutting it.

The Legend
10-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Well his tackling need to improve, this shoulder bump crap he is doing in this game is not cutting it.

If Brock thinks he going to take the game in his own hands I hope he has the toughness to play the rest of the season.

ThunderDan
10-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Laid an egg today

SomeBeach
10-05-2013, 10:12 PM

Marcus is NOT a pro prospect at this point in his career. He may have the physical attributes... but I'm really starting to question mental side... he just doesn't seem to live up to the press anymore.

SomeBeach
10-05-2013, 10:19 PM
I think we can close the thread after that last play.

Oops. Let's reopen it again.

HoopsBison
10-05-2013, 11:13 PM
LOL wow, How many plays has this kid made for this program??? Yeah he had a bad game, probably should just leave it at that.

:facepalm:

GOBISON123
10-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Marcus Williams,....is an asshole, I think I lost 10 years of my life today.

The Legend
10-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Oops. Let's reopen it again.

Is he that good the coaches will not get in his head? Every now and then somebody needs to say your not playing that good It looked like in some plays he turned and looked for help. Isn't it common knowledge that that the pros have no less than 3 step on a rookie out of college

semobison
10-05-2013, 11:21 PM

So, do you know him personally? Wow!

silkamilkamonico
10-05-2013, 11:22 PM

Unfortunately for the rest of us that obviously wasn't enough

KSBisonFan
10-05-2013, 11:23 PM

Don't you mean you loosed 10 years of your life. :facepalm:

semobison
10-05-2013, 11:25 PM
LOL wow, How many plays has this kid made for this program??? Yeah he had a bad game, probably should just leave it at that.

:facepalm:

I agree completely!

SomeBeach
10-05-2013, 11:40 PM
I agree completely!

The question posed was: is he good enough to play in the pros? He has certainly made more than his share of great plays for this program, and from everything I've seen, on and off the field, he's a fine human being. But his play of late, not only today, has not been of the caliber to make it in the NFL. That's all I'm saying.

BisonTeacher
10-05-2013, 11:41 PM
We've all seen marcus play better. We know he can play better. But the truth is...in the last few "Big" games...he has not. I remember thinking this in frisco last year when I said to a few other bisonvillers seated near me..."They are throwing right at him. They are not afraid of him." and they were beating him. Not sure if it was the scheme that day...but again...this is starting to happen more than once. I wonder if teams have picked up on some tendancy of his. He is definitely not even looking at the ball on some plays. not that he always can...but some he has looked really bad on. I thought for sure on that last play they were going to throw at him again cuz vereen was lined up on that side. Im surprised they didnt.

Again...we all know he can play better so lets hope he turns it around.

silkamilkamonico
10-05-2013, 11:43 PM
He'll get an opportunity to play and that's all that matters.

Every professional CB gets beat in college. It happens. I'm not sure why people expect Marcus to be dominant when the last dominant CB to play in college was arguably Deion.

Dominique Rodgers Cromartie got beat plenty of times at Tennessee State.

North Side
10-05-2013, 11:45 PM
He was exposed today, and was exposed in the K State game too. M Will is great.. but he is not a perfect CB by any means. Has great timing and can jump routes better than anyone but straight up coverage skills are average.

ZHerd
10-06-2013, 12:08 AM
He was exposed today, and was exposed in the K State game too. M Will is great.. but he is not a perfect CB by any means. Has great timing and can jump routes better than anyone but straight up coverage skills are average.

They are well above average or they would not leverage his skills by putting him by himself on the other teams best receiver. As I said in a thread I started after the K-State game, Bison fans are spoiled.

AjaxTheMighty
10-06-2013, 12:23 AM
This thread raises one question: How does it smell up there...you know, with your head up your asses!??

HerdBot
10-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Absolutely. He was one on one the entire game with no safety help. Most of the plays were perfectly thrown balls and tough to defend. He had a few bad plays but give uni some credit

As of now hes clearly NFL material. Where and how high he is drafted is the ?

He is the best corner in ndsu history. You are a douche bag and don't understand football at the most basic level

kab1one
10-06-2013, 12:36 AM
Absolutely. He was one on one the entire game with no safety help. Most of the plays were perfectly thrown balls and tough to defend. He had a few bad plays but give uni some credit

And what will you expect in the NFL? quarterbacks throwing 60 or 70%, throws on a rope, recievers, bigger and faster than they are here. He doesn't stop these guys, he has never looked back on the deep back. He doesn't tackle. Like someone said, there are 100 D1 cornerbacks like him.

A1pigskin
10-06-2013, 12:39 AM
He had a bad fumble that cost us 3 points; however, I give UNI QB credit for throwing over Marcus.

HerdBot
10-06-2013, 12:43 AM
And what will you expect in the NFL? quarterbacks throwing 60 or 70%, throws on a rope, recievers, bigger and faster than they are here. He doesn't stop these guys, he has never looked back on the deep back. He doesn't tackle. Like someone said, there are 100 D1 cornerbacks like him.

There are only a handful of corners in the NFL that are shut down. Have you seen the NFL? Offense. Offense. Offense.

AjaxTheMighty
10-06-2013, 01:03 AM
There are only a handful of corners in the NFL that are shut down. Have you seen the NFL? Offense. Offense. Offense.

Marcus played bad today, but he is a good football player and he will be drafted. Take it to the bank. And as my favorite TV character Michael Scott would say, "suck..on..that!" Also, dear and clueless naysayers, Kollmorgan put some of those balls where NO corner is going to get them. Marcus goes one on one a lot and comes out on top most of the time. He isn't NDSU's all time interceptions leader because of 'throws behind the receiver'! What a completely ignorant and all out stupid comment. I would also question some of your arm chair observations. Big games in question...I can think of a Minnesota game a few years ago, the KSU game this year he got beat once, but came away with another pick. Youngstown last year. Maybe something was up today, but Marcus is very good. I promise I will refresh this thread on draft day. It will be epic! It seems like we lost reading here.

I call for a lock and hall of shame nomination!

kab1one
10-06-2013, 01:16 AM

As such you better be able to cover the receiver and tackle. Name one NFL caliber receiver he has covered? The guy maybe from Kansas State, oh yeah, he did the double move and MWILL bit on it and KSU went for the long touchdown.

I always figure special teams would get him a ticket to SUnday, not his d back play, but nothing exciting there either.

DIBISON
10-06-2013, 01:22 AM
As such you better be able to cover the receiver and tackle. Name one NFL caliber receiver he has covered? The guy maybe from Kansas State, oh yeah, he did the double move and MWILL bit on it and KSU went for the long touchdown.

I always figure special teams would get him a ticket to SUnday, not his d back play, but nothing exciting there either.
And the WR from Kansas St had 13 catches for 250 yards the next week against Texas, compared to what against MW?

stevdock
10-06-2013, 01:23 AM
Marcus had a rough game against their #1. Yes the UNI QB made alot of great throws, but Marcus also got picked on. Nobody is scared to throw to that side of the field anymore and because of it they are saying my #1 receiver is better than your #1 CB.

Marcus is getting beat off the line many times when he is going bump and run. Go back and watch the tape if you don't believe me. Also both of his INT's this season had more to do with a bad throw and zone coverage than Marcus's ability. Now saying that, I'm still gonna take my guy over their guy every day of the week and I fully believe in him to go up against their #1.

TILIS-BisonFan
10-06-2013, 01:33 AM
He is an NFL caliber CB prospect and will get drafted. A lot of it has to do with his ability to play special teams. He has some flaws to NFL scouts but every player does but he also has freakish athleticism. To make a roster depends a lot on his evolution based on NFL coaching.

I think he is guilty of trying to cheat and make the homerun because there is a lot of assumptions that the D Line will get pressure and if they do not and he gives up a play the ridicously good defense still will not give up a sustained drive. Charles Tillman has done this for years with the Bears looking back for the ball quite early and will get beat over the top. He also is an incredible playmaker and understands the turnovers mean more than a 20 yard completion.

To give credit to UNI Vareen was really good and their QB make some pretty good damn throws. He is one tough SOB

kab1one
10-06-2013, 01:36 AM
And the WR from Kansas St had 13 catches for 250 yards the next week against Texas, compared to what against MW?
So he was better than the one of 100 average CB's in DI, but he didn't cover the NFL prospect receiver.

silkamilkamonico
10-06-2013, 02:14 AM
williams is listed as the best cb, and also arguably one of tbe best defensive prospects in all of fcs by multiple draft analysts. that is t changing because of 1, maybe 2 games.

344Johnson
10-06-2013, 02:24 AM
I like him in a zone system more than man...i'll welcome him in Pittsburgh.

ndbj52
10-06-2013, 02:30 AM
He has good footwork and has shown he can make explosive plays. Pros like these things his coverage skills seem like they have really fallen off this year

HerdBot
10-06-2013, 02:40 AM

I nominate you as the douche bag of the week after your ticket demand thread and now Marcus sucks. Kidding. Or am I? :)

MAKBison
10-06-2013, 02:51 AM
sometimes I read the dumb shit peopke write and just shake my head

tjamz
10-06-2013, 03:01 AM
Marcus played bad today, but he is a good football player and he will be drafted. Take it to the bank. And as my favorite TV character Michael Scott would say, "suck..on..that!" Also, dear and clueless naysayers, Kollmorgan put some of those balls where NO corner is going to get them. Marcus goes one on one a lot and comes out on top most of the time. He isn't NDSU's all time interceptions leader because of 'throws behind the receiver'! What a completely ignorant and all out stupid comment. I would also question some of your arm chair observations. Big games in question...I can think of a Minnesota game a few years ago, the KSU game this year he got beat once, but came away with another pick. Youngstown last year. Maybe something was up today, but Marcus is very good. I promise I will refresh this thread on draft day. It will be epic! It seems like we lost reading here.

I call for a lock and hall of shame nomination!

I agree with everything you just said.

Tony Almeida
10-06-2013, 03:14 AM
I like him in a zone system more than man...i'll welcome him in Pittsburgh.

This^^

But he does need to improve his tackling skills and look for the ball once in awhile.

kab1one
10-06-2013, 03:22 AM
I nominate you as the douche bag of the week after your ticket demand thread and now Marcus sucks. Kidding. Or am I? :)

Pretty typical rube can't handle reality.

Marcus is overrated, and tickets if available would be cheap.

Sorry for bursting you bubble.

Catman
10-06-2013, 03:48 AM
OK - Idiots out there! They came out in 3 x 1 formation 65 - 70% of the game. Played a cover 8 on the trips side with Marcus covering 1 guy across half of a football field by himself. Sooooo 3 defenders on half the field and 1 on the other half. Is he good? Damn Right... Only the best corner to ever play at NDSU... Spoiled fans we are for sure. The kid is legit! Do you realize how good that kid makes our defense when he can play man coverage 90% of a game on the best receiver? Come on Man.....

SlickVic
10-06-2013, 03:56 AM
You guys are nuts mwill is the best player in NDSU history not even kiddin he has won more games by himself Minnesota Illinois state 2011 then any other player at Kansas state the San Fran 49er scout was there and said easy 2-3 round with his fluid hips quickness to the ball in the air. Today they threw 2-3 passes over top perfectly get a clue fools. Izzy me at rooters

AjaxTheMighty
10-06-2013, 03:58 AM

Naw, Gabe pretty much nailed it. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are the typical knee jerk fan. Can't see the forest for the trees. Marcus has one bad game and he is overrated and not a gamer. LOL! You have nothing to go on. No information to bring to the discussion except for maybe a few bad plays in an illustrious career. Just a few too. Silly is what this is. You also brought up the KSU game. I just rewatched it for you (forwarding through everything up to the defense) This is your nail in your proverbial coffin. Marcus broke up a pass (one of 3 in the first half) to Lockett in the endzone in the beginning of the 2nd quarter that would have resulted in a TD had he not used his 'overrated cover skills' to stop that from happening. 1 play later we stop them on 4th down. I would say Marcus changed the game there, it would have been 28-24 final score! Also, we won that game...against a "NFL caliber receiver" and the "Big 12 champs". With Marcus's help! This is thread is FrIgGeN stupid!! :ranting:

Hall of Shame! Come on, this might be up there with some of the worst threads ever. Lock it and put it up!

TILIS-BisonFan
10-06-2013, 04:09 AM
OK - Idiots out there! They came out in 3 x 1 formation 65 - 70% of the game. Played a cover 8 on the trips side with Marcus covering 1 guy across half of a football field by himself. Sooooo 3 defenders on half the field and 1 on the other half. Is he good? Damn Right... Only the best corner to ever play at NDSU... Spoiled fans we are for sure. The kid is legit! Do you realize how good that kid makes our defense when he can play man coverage 90% of a game on the best receiver? Come on Man.....

You guys are nuts mwill is the best player in NDSU history not even kiddin he has won more games by himself Minnesota Illinois state 2011 then any other player at Kansas state the San Fran 49er scout was there and said easy 2-3 round with his fluid hips quickness to the ball in the air. Today they threw 2-3 passes over top perfectly get a clue fools. Izzy me at rooters

nailed it 10

Mayville Bison
10-06-2013, 04:28 AM
Think of our offense playing against our defense and Marcus covering Smith. Brock is still going to throw to his favorite target no matter who is covering him. Sometimes Marcus is going to get beat because the QB wants his favorite target. Other times Marcus is going to come out on top. Life is tough being the best sometimes.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

HoopsBison
10-06-2013, 04:36 AM
Good god this thread has reached 5 pages...

Hall of Shame for sure, this thread is an embarrassment.

MAKBison
10-06-2013, 04:40 AM
Agreed!!!!

Funny how When the game was on the line they threw away from Marcus.

Think of our offense playing against our defense and Marcus covering Smith. Brock is still going to throw to his favorite target no matter who is covering him. Sometimes Marcus is going to get beat because the QB wants his favorite target. Other times Marcus is going to come out on top. Life is tough being the best sometimes.

1998braves64
10-06-2013, 04:45 AM
The only play he seemed to have much shot at defending was the TD jump ball it seemed like he was expecting the ball to be thrown farther into the corner or sideline and receiver did a good job selling it than stopped on a dime and went and got it. The one handed catch was a perfect throw.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

TILIS-BisonFan
10-06-2013, 04:46 AM
Good god this thread has reached 5 pages...

Hall of Shame for sure, this thread is an embarrassment.

change settings?

onbison09
10-06-2013, 05:22 AM
Part of it I think is his record of greatness and the fact we just expect him to make the play every time. Not always realistic

Tatanka
10-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Fact is no other player gets put into the position mWill gets put into every game. No help. Kid is alone on an island which enables the D to do a lot more with the other 10 players.

Did he have a couple plays he'd like to do over? Damn right. But seriously this thread sucks hind teat.

Ndsu84
10-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Not much harm to this thread, it gave everyone a chance to explain why he's so great. I think he's great but I get little upset when they hit a perfect pass for 30 on him 'cause I want a pick6 every time they dare to throw at him!!! Just to show the bastards how dang good he is.

GOBISON123
10-06-2013, 02:57 PM
So, do you know him personally? Wow!

I know him, not personally. I will be very sad if this hurts his NFL chances.

BisonNeil
10-06-2013, 03:02 PM

I agree. I don't think I have seen MWill wrap up on a guy in over two years. He is a terrible tackler.

And he still sucks on fly patterns and gives up big plays. Vereen owned him, on the TD and on a fly pattern up the UNI sideline. MWill looked lost.

One of his big problems is when he has a bad play, such as the fumble on the opening kickoff, it gets in his head and he can't shake it off. Then he dropped an INT. To play big boy football you have to forget your bad plays and Marcus has proven repeatedly that he is not able to do that.

I really don't see a future for him in the NFL. I just hope he shows up for the Bison this season. Teams are not afraid to go at him because and they are exploiting his several weaknesses.

BisonNeil
10-06-2013, 03:07 PM
We've all seen marcus play better. We know he can play better. But the truth is...in the last few "Big" games...he has not. I remember thinking this in frisco last year when I said to a few other bisonvillers seated near me..."They are throwing right at him. They are not afraid of him." and they were beating him. Not sure if it was the scheme that day...but again...this is starting to happen more than once. I wonder if teams have picked up on some tendancy of his. He is definitely not even looking at the ball on some plays. not that he always can...but some he has looked really bad on. I thought for sure on that last play they were going to throw at him again cuz vereen was lined up on that side. Im surprised they didnt.

Again...we all know he can play better so lets hope he turns it around.

They all pick on him by running sideline fly patterns. Sam Houston had a ton of success with that, Marcus gave up a 40 yd bomb to Geo Southern that put them in field goal position, a fly pattern, and Vereen got him in yesterday's game where he looked just lost on the play. That is a major weakness that will keep him from playing on Sundays.

BisonNeil
10-06-2013, 03:09 PM
Dominique Rodgers Cromartie got beat plenty of times at Tennessee State.

My guess is that you have no actual knowledge of whether or not this is true. It's just the internet right, so you can throw bullshit out there and not care if there is proof or not so it becomes truth?

BisonNeil
10-06-2013, 03:11 PM
williams is listed as the best cb, and also arguably one of tbe best defensive prospects in all of fcs by multiple draft analysts. that is t changing because of 1, maybe 2 games.

Proof please. Links?

Grizzled
10-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Fact is no other player gets put into the position mWill gets put into every game. No help. Kid is alone on an island which enables the D to do a lot more with the other 10 players.

Did he have a couple plays he'd like to do over? Damn right. But seriously this thread sucks hind teat.

This^^^^. We will miss him next year. He allows us to do so much on D because the coaches have confidence in him to shut down the other teams best WR on his own. There isn't a CB out there at any level that has not gotten beat. I'll take him holding the other teams best WR to <100 yards and even a TD if it takes a great (not perfect) throw to get those yards. From what I have seen out of QBs in this conference there aren't any that are going to do that consistently.

Advantage Bison

Bison Gal
10-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Marcus Williams ROCKS. Period.

JTBison
10-06-2013, 05:07 PM
MWill had 2 picks in the national championship game, and people complain about MWill even when the D only allowed 13 points in the national championship game. Complain about 100 yds for Lockett, tackling, game against UNI, etc. MWill is arguably the best corner in NDSU history. I will take MWill, and you complainers can have Bobby Babich.

HerdBot
10-06-2013, 05:56 PM

I don't known what is worse. The fact you said it or the fact you believe it! :rofl:

344Johnson
10-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Marcus Williams ROCKS. Period.

In zone....yep.

Mayville Bison
10-06-2013, 06:14 PM
They all pick on him by running sideline fly patterns. Sam Houston had a ton of success with that, Marcus gave up a 40 yd bomb to Geo Southern that put them in field goal position, a fly pattern, and Vereen got him in yesterday's game where he looked just lost on the play. That is a major weakness that will keep him from playing on Sundays.

and of course NFL CBs never get over the top help from safeties. He gets beat on the fly patterns only when he is playing bump and run with no help over the top. The one TD he gave up yesterday was the first one I remember where it wasn't a fly. I'll take him on that play 90 times out of 100

HerdBot
10-06-2013, 06:21 PM

Define a "ton of success."
Sam Houston scored 13 points. We dominated. Marcus had 2 picks while covering Sincere one on one.

56BISON73
10-06-2013, 06:42 PM

You forgot to add that the receiver made great catches with ONE freaking hand up high and pulled the ball down. MW did stink it up on that last one on the sideline where he didnt know where the ball was and didnt finish on the play. He wasnt moving when the ball was completed. MW does have some issues when he plays against above average talent. AND that shoulder shrug tackle shit has got to stop.

BisonNeil
10-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Define a "ton of success."
Sam Houston scored 13 points. We dominated. Marcus had 2 picks while covering Sincere one on one.

There's a good question!

Everything is relative of course, but SHSU had 275 yds passing. Since NDSU was giving up 168 yds per game for the season, I think a 61% increase is a lot, especially for a running team.

Sincere caught passes for 7, 30, and 15 yds where Williams made the tackle, according the play by play record. Diller had a catch for 10 yds and Wilkerson had one for 16, both in front of Williams, one he tackled, on the other the player went out of bounds. So, he gave up 78 yds, or 28% of the total, which I think is a lot for an all american. Obviously, SHSU was not afraid to go after him.

Obviously it cost them because as has been pointed out, he did have two INTs. He also had two pass interference penalties, according to the play by play record.

TransAmBison
10-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Sometimes I am extremely ashamed of Bisonville. This thread is one of those times. Williams is an absolute stud. He fumbled a kickoff return. That is about it. What do people expect? I swear some people expect not one single pass to ever be completed to the guy Williams is covering. By having Williams, we severely limit what opposing offenses can do. BisonNeil, you know better than to be even participating in this thread. Williams is one of the best, if not the best to ever play that position for us...and even though we have had some very good corners, it isn't even close except for one player (Braxton).

56BISON73
10-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Sometimes I am extremely ashamed of Bisonville. This thread is one of those times. Williams is an absolute stud. He fumbled a kickoff return. That is about it. What do people expect? I swear some people expect not one single pass to ever be completed to the guy Williams is covering. By having Williams, we severely limit what opposing offenses can do. BisonNeil, you know better than to be even participating in this thread. Williams is one of the best, if not the best to ever play that position for us...and even though we have had some very good corners, it isn't even close except for one player (Braxton).

If people are going to heap praise on a player you also have to expect a little criticism when he gets beat as he is now held to a higher standard. That may not be realistic but its a reality.

TransAmBison
10-06-2013, 07:10 PM
If people are going to heap praise on a player you also have to expect a little criticism when he gets beat as he is now held to a higher standard. That may not be realistic but its a reality.It still makes Bisonvillers look like idiots to anybody who knows anything.

56BISON73
10-06-2013, 07:11 PM
It still makes Bisonvillers look like idiots to anybody who knows anything.

Are you saying you know something?:biggrin:

Gully
10-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Hall of shame. I'm pretty sure any other FCS team would take Marcus in a heartbeat.

TransAmBison
10-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Are you saying you know something?:biggrin:Oh no! Not me!! :rofl: :rofl:

MAKBison
10-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Like I said TAB and Slick, Sometimes I read some of these posts and just shake my head.

BTW how about that catch---- one handed grab on a ball otherwise thrown out of bounds.

MAKBison
10-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Might want to go back and watch the KSU game!!!!

MWill wrap up on a guy in over two years

I agree. I don't think I have seen MWill wrap up on a guy in over two years. He is a terrible tackler.

And he still sucks on fly patterns and gives up big plays. Vereen owned him, on the TD and on a fly pattern up the UNI sideline. MWill looked lost.

One of his big problems is when he has a bad play, such as the fumble on the opening kickoff, it gets in his head and he can't shake it off. Then he dropped an INT. To play big boy football you have to forget your bad plays and Marcus has proven repeatedly that he is not able to do that.

I really don't see a future for him in the NFL. I just hope he shows up for the Bison this season. Teams are not afraid to go at him because and they are exploiting his several weaknesses.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-06-2013, 07:20 PM

What he said. Neil knows his football.

No doubt Williams is good. He is very explosive and can turn the tide of a game. However, as of late, he has been inconsistent.

Is there a future in the NFL for him? Oh, he'll get a chance, but I don't think he will last very long based on tackling skills alone.

MAKBison
10-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Neil might know his FB, but he needs to go back and watch the K state game before making a blanket statement like that ----MW had some nice tackles in that KSU game.

What he said. Neil knows his football.

No doubt Williams is good. He is very explosive and can turn the tide of a game. However, as of late, he has been inconsistent.

Is there a future in the NFL for him? Oh, he'll get a chance, but I don't think he will last very long based on tackling skills alone.

CAS4127
10-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Of course they are gonna throw to MWill's side. First, other teams would love for us to have to make a D adjustment, so if they can get to MWill they will try, but it has not been enough to force us to make that change. What are we, 33-2 in our last 35 games?! Also, there is a reason Heagle can focus more on run than pass coverage-->MWill. And Marcus has been tackling very well this year, but for a few shoulder bumps. Did any of read and comprehend Farley's thoughts in Marcus leading up to game?!?? He wasn't blowing smoke people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

56BISON73
10-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Neil might know his FB, but he needs to go back and watch the K state game before making a blanket statement like that ----MW had some nice tackles in that KSU game.

Isnt that what he is supposed to do? Just sayin :biggrin:

BisonTeacher
10-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Also, there is a reason Heagle can focus more on run than pass coverage-->MWill.

CAS, serious question. And I ask because I honestly don't know. In the KSU game...how did Heagle end up covering/alone their #1 WR on that TD? Was he supposed to be in coverage on that play or did something get fouled up?

CAS4127
10-06-2013, 09:25 PM
CAS, serious question. And I ask because I honestly don't know. In the KSU game...how did Heagle end up covering/alone their #1 WR on that TD? Was he supposed to be in coverage on that play or did something get fouled up?

Not sure, but think he may have bit on either out and up route or may have been trying to recover from biting a bit on play-action.

stevdock
10-06-2013, 09:44 PM

I tried to figure this out myself so I went back to this play and watched it a few times. I believe KSU had twins on one side and we must have been in complete man coverage because our CB on that side took the outside WR and Heagle took the slot guy. Don't remember what the other side looked like anymore.

Yesterday though Heagle had 1 on 1 coverage a few times when UNI went 4 WR's. On one side were 3 WR's and it looked like both Smith and Williams were on that side which put Heagle on the other side by himself against that one WR. That could have been based on where UNI's top WR's were, but Heagle was out there by himself for at least a few plays.

ndsubison1
10-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Playing corner is an unforgiving experience. Even the best get beat once in a while. The good ones all have a short memory. Is Marcus NFL material? Only time will tell.

this...... the question isnt is he a pro prospect, its only where will he be drafted

Mayville Bison
10-06-2013, 11:08 PM
There's a good question!

Everything is relative of course, but SHSU had 275 yds passing. Since NDSU was giving up 168 yds per game for the season, I think a 61% increase is a lot, especially for a running team.

Sincere caught passes for 7, 30, and 15 yds where Williams made the tackle, according the play by play record. Diller had a catch for 10 yds and Wilkerson had one for 16, both in front of Williams, one he tackled, on the other the player went out of bounds. So, he gave up 78 yds, or 28% of the total, which I think is a lot for an all american. Obviously, SHSU was not afraid to go after him.

Obviously it cost them because as has been pointed out, he did have two INTs. He also had two pass interference penalties, according to the play by play record.

61% increase? Are you seriously looking at games and seasons like this? If that's the case, we must have played horribly against Georgia southern cuz we gave up like 200% more rushing yards than our season average. Oh wait, we held them to less than their average?

Of course the passing yards you refer to had nothing to do with playing the "2nd" best team, playing on a "nuetral" field, or SHSU playing from behind.

I realize I'm rambling, but this thread and specifically the quoted post might be the dumbest thing I've seen on this sight - and that's coming from a guy who has questioned Marcus often over the years

Gully
10-06-2013, 11:19 PM
I hope people rememeber our defense 4-5 years ago where receivers constantly caught the ball in front of us and they marched down the field, the Bison offering little resistence until the red zone. That was because we almost always played a soft zone. Now we have better athletes and they are calling more aggressive defenses. Our front 7 is good, but holding SDSU to a Zenner had at least as much to do with the things our secondary was asked to do.
The other side of this is that you're going to get beat sometimes when you're playing aggressive, particularly when the other team has a tall and talented receiver. Some fades and jump balls are pretty much impossible to defend if the QB puts the ball where it should be. It appears the risk is worth it though because our defensive stats are off the chart. Compare NDSU's defense to others and then explain what you're complaining about.

Is Williams a pro defender? Who knows, it's a legitimate question but I think he'll at least get a shot. The parts of this thread heavily criticizing his play at the FCS level are pretty silly though, other than his "shoulder bump" tackling. Even his tackling has improved this season, although yesterday he seemed to revert to some old habbits. As a cover man though, he's as good as pretty much anyone in FCS.

reformedUNDfan
10-06-2013, 11:36 PM
guess what, williams will get beat on a perfect pass.

Cancel season save williams.

In some ways he is still a basketball player playing football, and his tackling is his primary weakness.

tjbison
10-06-2013, 11:40 PM
I'm really impressed with CJ Smith

HerdBot
10-06-2013, 11:49 PM
You forgot to add that the receiver made great catches with ONE freaking hand up high and pulled the ball down. MW did stink it up on that last one on the sideline where he didnt know where the ball was and didnt finish on the play. He wasnt moving when the ball was completed. MW does have some issues when he plays against above average talent. AND that shoulder shrug tackle shit has got to stop.

Deion Sanders wouldn't have defended that one. That receiver is a stud. The qb ain't too shabby either. Seems like receivers are doing a good job of going deep and keeping their body language neutral and then at the last second reaching out and snagging the ball. Its quite impressive to watch. Maybe he needs to keep one eye on the jumbo tron. That seems to be his only weakness besides the occasional bad tackle. With NFL coaching and an NFL practice schedule, Marcus has a huge upside. People act like this is his peak. NFL teams practice much more. Shit they even play preseason games. You'd know as well as anyone that the NCAA limits practice time.

56BISON73
10-06-2013, 11:51 PM
I'm really impressed with CJ Smith

For a soph he plays extremely well!

99Bison
10-06-2013, 11:56 PM
Funny that "everyone" is bagging on mwill while dudzik is the one that had the worst game by far am no one mentions it. Anyway, carry on. :)

56BISON73
10-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Funny that "everyone" is bagging on mwill while dudzik is the one that had the worst game by far am no one mentions it. Anyway, carry on. :)

Was wondering how long it was going to take. Now youve went and done it!:facepalm2:

steelbison
10-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Honestly. Do some of you know anything about football? News flash teams are going to complete a pass or two against us. Sometimes it will be against one of the best to ever play here.

To say this thread is embarrassing is an understatement.

BisonNeil bitching about MWill check

Next will be a thread about how we struggle against the 3-4 and how Vigen is a horrible O coordinator.

HALL OF SHAME!!!!

Blair
10-07-2013, 07:02 AM
Mwill isn't very tall, and he doesn't elevate well. NFL teams will exploit this and throw over him. Unless he has something in his repertoire we haven't seen.

reformedUNDfan
10-07-2013, 07:07 AM
Mwill isn't very tall, and he doesn't elevate well. NFL teams will exploit this and throw over him. Unless he has something in his repertoire we haven't seen.

I believe he is both taller and beefier than the average nfl corner. The #1 corner prospect this year is most likely TCU's Jason Varret, 5-10 176lb. mwill is an inch taller and 20lb heavier.

ndsubison1
10-07-2013, 09:40 AM
I believe he is both taller and beefier than the average nfl corner. The #1 corner prospect this year is most likely TCU's Jason Varret, 5-10 176lb. mwill is an inch taller and 20lb heavier.

roby from ohio st. hes 5'11 192

TransAmBison
10-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Mwill isn't very tall, and he doesn't elevate well. NFL teams will exploit this and throw over him. Unless he has something in his repertoire we haven't seen.He elevated pretty well last year against Youngstown on that pic near our goal line.

NDSU '96
10-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Reading through this thread, I have to wonder if some people have some emotional investment in whether or not Williams makes it in the NFL?
He's a great college football player. The NFL waiver wire, cut list, and practice squad is FULL of great college football players.

No, he's not really helping his draft stock a lot so far this year. However, what makes me optimistic is watching guys like Scherels for the Vikings. I saw plenty of that guy for the gophers and vikings, and I'd take Marcus' cover skills over his right now. Scherels made an NFL roster because he fills 2 roster spots: he can play nickel and he's an impact special teams guy. I see Marcus doing that same thing. But making a roster and being a high draft pick are two very different things.

Marcus will have ample opportunity to raise his draft stock at pro day/senior bowl/combine. There's been a lot of talk here about him going in the 2nd round. Unless he blows everyone away in his post season workouts, being taken that high would be surprising.

And in the end, if the NFL doesn't work out, there's nothing wrong with being one of the greats all time at your position, having 3 rings on your finger, and a diploma on your wall.

westnodak93bison
10-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Mwill has proven many wrong to date. He is one of the better success stories thus far. He will get his degree and that is all that really matters. Plus he will get a shot to play on Sundays.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

thundarsdaddy
10-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Reading through this thread, I have to wonder if some people have some emotional investment in whether or not Williams makes it in the NFL?
He's a great college football player. The NFL waiver wire, cut list, and practice squad is FULL of great college football players.

No, he's not really helping his draft stock a lot so far this year. However, what makes me optimistic is watching guys like Scherels for the Vikings. I saw plenty of that guy for the gophers and vikings, and I'd take Marcus' cover skills over his right now. Scherels made an NFL roster because he fills 2 roster spots: he can play nickel and he's an impact special teams guy. I see Marcus doing that same thing. But making a roster and being a high draft pick are two very different things.

Marcus will have ample opportunity to raise his draft stock at pro day/senior bowl/combine. There's been a lot of talk here about him going in the 2nd round. Unless he blows everyone away in his post season workouts, being taken that high would be surprising.

And in the end, if the NFL doesn't work out, there's nothing wrong with being one of the greats all time at your position, having 3 rings on your finger, and a diploma on your wall.

I had been trying to formulate a reply with something reasonable, but you just did it for me!!
So Marcus had a "not-so-terrific" day, so what? Even Pro-Bowl Cornerbacks in the NFL right now have lousy days, even sometimes against weak opponents..so what? Playing corner in the Missouri Valley or the NFL is a lot of risk-taking, so its difficult at best to be consistent!

Personally I think NDSU has a lot of Pro-caliber players...at this point in time. You never can truly tell which ones will make an NFL team and which ones wont, to many variables. All I care about is the "here-and-now" and above all the Bullsh**, the only thing that matters is the Bison snuck away with a "W", and Marcus was a part of the winning team!

devin45k
10-07-2013, 01:23 PM
He is not helping his draft stock so far this year. I think he is a late rounder now. At least he is making some mistakes at the beginning of the year. He can redeem himself.

bisonmike2
10-07-2013, 01:26 PM
How many times has he had a game where we don't hear his name? I'm not sure, I'm just asking. I'd say he's doing a pretty good job on those days. And more often than not, when we do hear his name it's usually because he's made a big play in some capacity. Saturday was definitely an off game for M-Will but how many of those have we had? The guy, for the most part, takes away a whole side of the field by himself. And on top of that he's one of the best return guys ever. Tackling was never his strong suit, but he's not Grant Olson and we don't need him to make 20 tackles a game. We should maybe revisit this thread next year when we don't have him and our defense is forced to leave a safety over the top for pass coverage instead of inside for run support. Which is incidentally another huge reason why we've been so good at shutting down the run the past 3 years. The dude is a stud and he'll get his shot at the NFL.

BisonNation11
10-07-2013, 03:05 PM
How many times has he had a game where we don't hear his name? I'm not sure, I'm just asking. I'd say he's doing a pretty good job on those days. And more often than not, when we do hear his name it's usually because he's made a big play in some capacity. Saturday was definitely an off game for M-Will but how many of those have we had? The guy, for the most part, takes away a whole side of the field by himself. And on top of that he's one of the best return guys ever. Tackling was never his strong suit, but he's not Grant Olson and we don't need him to make 20 tackles a game. We should maybe revisit this thread next year when we don't have him and our defense is forced to leave a safety over the top for pass coverage instead of inside for run support. Which is incidentally another huge reason why we've been so good at shutting down the run the past 3 years. The dude is a stud and he'll get his shot at the NFL.

^^^THIS^^^ The guy had two receptions against him that were one-handed grabs, and the other was just bad footwork. We all have bad days and his only cost his team 7 points (10 if you include the fumble which could have happened to any returner and it did). The guy has done nothing but perform at the highest level. This thread is a joke.

bisonaudit
10-07-2013, 04:11 PM
On kick, punt, and interception returns M. Will has had a total of 67 opportunities so far in his career. He's scored 8 TD's and turned the ball over once.

Tatanka
10-07-2013, 04:17 PM
On kick, punt, and interception returns M. Will has had a total of 67 opportunities so far in his career. He's scored 8 TD's and turned the ball over once.

Quit already with your objective facts, and such.

HerdBot
10-07-2013, 04:21 PM

The average NFL corner is 5' 11, 190

HerdBot
10-07-2013, 04:23 PM

No shit. Fumble. Dropped pick six. A few missed tackles.
Both are good players but singling out Williams is bullshit

bisonmike2
10-07-2013, 04:26 PM
the human head weighs 8 pounds.

http://ronireports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/jonathan-lipnicki-family-guy.jpg

bisonaudit
10-07-2013, 04:33 PM
the human head weighs 8 pounds.

http://ronireports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/jonathan-lipnicki-family-guy.jpg

That kid had a cannon for an arm. I hear the Jags are thinking about taking a flyer on him in this year's draft.

moosbah
10-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Marcus is a good corner, there's no arguing that. However, like any good player, eventually teams figure you out.

His apparent weakness, as weird as this sounds, is to go right after him, no fear. I find myself wondering if his ego has taken over, after teams wouldn't throw his way due his propensity for the pick off.

I guess time will tell, but one thing's for sure, he isn't the threat he was the past two seasons as of right now.

bisonmike2
10-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Marcus is a good corner, there's no arguing that. However, like any good player, eventually teams figure you out.

His apparent weakness, as weird as this sounds, is to go right after him, no fear. I find myself wondering if his ego has taken over, after teams wouldn't throw his way due his propensity for the pick off.

I guess time will tell, but one thing's for sure, he isn't the threat he was the past two seasons as of right now.

I feel that there are only a couple teams that can really do this. Kansas State obviously, because they have a couple of all-americans WR's. UNI is one. That Vareen kid is a dude. He's a great WR. Plus you have to have a QB that can put it on the money, because if it's not, we know what M-Will can do with it. I'm thinking we'll see more of the M-Will we are used to when we start getting into the softer part of the MVFC.

moosbah
10-07-2013, 04:51 PM
I feel that there are only a couple teams that can really do this. Kansas State obviously, because they have a couple of all-americans WR's. UNI is one. That Vareen kid is a dude. He's a great WR. Plus you have to have a QB that can put it on the money, because if it's not, we know what M-Will can do with it. I'm thinking we'll see more of the M-Will we are used to when we start getting into the softer part of the MVFC.

I have the same vibe about Marcus that I did about Brock when he was in his pick 6 mode. Almost wonder if something physically is wrong, or if he just needs a visit from the team sports psychologist.

CAS4127
10-07-2013, 04:52 PM
The vast majority of his pics have come when we are playing a true zone coverage. Wait for that to happen, and you will see more pics. We won't have to run the man coverage we have been of late when we play teams who are not a major run threat. Getting a pic in man coverage normally requires a poorly thrown pass, or one that is equally catchable for DB and WR. Also, Vareen had what, about 70 yards of their receiving yards?!?!

Keep things in perspective people.

bisonmike2
10-07-2013, 04:53 PM
I have the same vibe about Marcus that I did about Brock when he was in his pick 6 mode. Almost wonder if something physically is wrong, or if he just needs a visit from the team sports psychologist.

Too bad the sure fire confidence booster, USD, is at the end of the year.

EC8CH
10-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Successful man coverage requires what I consider to be almost superhuman levels of coordination and timing. With that said I tend to give corners some slack when they get beat from time to time, particularly when the throws where as accurate and the catches where as acrobatic as they were against UNI.

However the shoulder high bump "tackles" with absolutely no attempt at wrapping up is just poor technique. I'd love to see #1 improve his open field tackling by getting lower and wrapping up.

NorthernBison
10-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Marcus has talent that we don't see very often at this level. That DOES NOT mean that he can prevent every reception like some of our fans seem to think. That's what is WRONG with fans who don't seem to understand the game.

You can't control everything that happens on the field. When we play man coverage on the outside with Marcus, we are giving up the sideline GO type pattern to any team that can A) Protect the QB long enough, B) has a QB that can put the ball into about a 1 foot window downfield, C) has a receiver that can outrun Marcus and D) catch the perfectly thrown Ball. We are basically saying that anybody that can do all 4 of the above has earned a completion. It WILL happen on occasion.

When we man up on a short field and we end up with a 6-3 receiver manned up in the end zone on 5-11 MW, a perfectly thrown jump ball will usually be a TD for the bad guys. I don't know what Marcus has for a vertical but Vereen looked like he had some hops.

I don't know what they teach today about moving the football while running. Marcus lost that opening kickoff because the ball was in his right arm and the hit came from that side. I'm sure the coaching staff regards any fumble as unacceptable but even moreso if it is the result of bad technique. I'm not sure if that was bad technique or not since I am not a coach.

I think Marcus DOES help our run defense by allowing an extra defender since he doesn't need safety help. That's HUGE.

His tackling is pretty good one on one. When a guy makes a catch in front of him he usually gets the guy on the ground. The open field "shoulder bump" is an epidemic among D Backs throughout football. Marcus is no exception there.

EC8CH
10-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Marcus has talent that we don't see very often at this level. That DOES NOT mean that he can prevent every reception like some of our fans seem to think. That's what is WRONG with fans who don't seem to understand the game.

You can't control everything that happens on the field. When we play man coverage on the outside with Marcus, we are giving up the sideline GO type pattern to any team that can A) Protect the QB long enough, B) has a QB that can put the ball into about a 1 foot window downfield, C) has a receiver that can outrun Marcus and D) catch the perfectly thrown Ball. We are basically saying that anybody that can do all 4 of the above has earned a completion. It WILL happen on occasion.

When we man up on a short field and we end up with a 6-3 receiver manned up in the end zone on 5-11 MW, a perfectly thrown jump ball will usually be a TD for the bad guys. I don't know what Marcus has for a vertical but Vereen looked like he had some hops.

I don't know what they teach today about moving the football while running. Marcus lost that opening kickoff because the ball was in his right arm and the hit came from that side. I'm sure the coaching staff regards any fumble as unacceptable but even moreso if it is the result of bad technique. I'm not sure if that was bad technique or not since I am not a coach.

I think Marcus DOES help our run defense by allowing an extra defender since he doesn't need safety help. That's HUGE.

His tackling is pretty good one on one. When a guy makes a catch in front of him he usually gets the guy on the ground. The open field "shoulder bump" is an epidemic among D Backs throughout football. Marcus is no exception there.

This post is filled with truth. Even the part about the should bump epidemic, but it would still be great to see him improve on that and elevate his play above all those other D Backs. It's not sexy saving 10-15 yards on plays that have already been broken for big yardage, but it's blue collar work that would fit in nicely to the Bison style D.

tcbison
10-07-2013, 06:38 PM
People need to keep in mind that Kollmorgen only completed 12 passes on the day on 33 attempts. That is poor to say the least when I believe he was completing 70% of his passes coming into this game. When you have stats like that you need to take some chances/risks. That fly pattern with one-on-one coverage was a perfectly thrown ball and the receiver caught it with one hand. Great play by UNI. If that ball was not perfectly thrown it would have been another incompletion. On the jump ball in the endzone, it looked like Marcus thought the ball would be overthrown. Vereen caught it because he is much taller than Marcus and needed about every inch to do it. Now Marcus should have tried to play the ball when the receiver was coming down and knock it out of his possession.

On a side note, why do people care so much if Marcus gets drafted in the NFL? I am much more concerned about how they play when they are at NDSU, being a team players, and winning championships. Anything after that (like playing in the NFL) is just gravy in my mind.

AjaxTheMighty
10-08-2013, 02:01 AM
People need to keep in mind that Kollmorgen only completed 12 passes on the day on 33 attempts. That is poor to say the least when I believe he was completing 70% of his passes coming into this game. When you have stats like that you need to take some chances/risks. That fly pattern with one-on-one coverage was a perfectly thrown ball and the receiver caught it with one hand. Great play by UNI. If that ball was not perfectly thrown it would have been another incompletion. On the jump ball in the endzone, it looked like Marcus thought the ball would be overthrown. Vereen caught it because he is much taller than Marcus and needed about every inch to do it. Now Marcus should have tried to play the ball when the receiver was coming down and knock it out of his possession.

On a side note, why do people care so much if Marcus gets drafted in the NFL? I am much more concerned about how they play when they are at NDSU, being a team players, and winning championships. Anything after that (like playing in the NFL) is just gravy in my mind.

So......how about a hall of shame nomination? I put this up near the top. Kind of like that QB thread in the hall. This isn't that bad, but close. There are a lot of clueless football fans on here who post dumb, knee-jerk stuff. It sounded like the same ilk who called into Ryan's radio show after the game. It seemed like we lost. These are the only posts that bug me. I've watched Marcus live for more than half of his collegiate career, and watched every other one on TV. He is the best CB to ever play here and it has been fun to watch him. He is good! Hall of shame! This is my official nomination. Can I get a second?

stevdock
10-08-2013, 02:17 AM
So......how about a hall of shame nomination? I put this up near the top. Kind of like that QB thread in the hall. This isn't that bad, but close. There are a lot of clueless football fans on here who post dumb, knee-jerk stuff. It sounded like the same ilk who called into Ryan's radio show after the game. It seemed like we lost. These are the only posts that bug me. I've watched Marcus live for more than half of his collegiate career, and watched every other one on TV. He is the best CB to ever play here and it has been fun to watch him. He is good! Hall of shame! This is my official nomination. Can I get a second?

Thank God we are 5-0 or this place would be absolutely awful to try and read. Why does someone who has a different point of view have to get ridiculed like what has happened on here?? All the OP asked was if Marcus is a legitimate pro prospect? I don't have a problem with that question and think it is a completely legitimate question especially with the number of big plays that the WR he is covering has gained since GSU last season. Is part of that Marcus going 1 on 1 against their best WR?? Absolutely. Is CB one of the toughest positions on the field especially if you are going man non-stop?? Definitely. Has Marcus given up more yards and big plays in the last 7 games then probably the rest of his career combined?? That'd be an interesting question. And is all of this part of the bigger defensive package that our coaches are putting out there week after week?? Yes, Marcus is a huge part of the team and in some ways the most important part, which is to keep their #1 WR under wraps so the rest of the defense can do their thing.

As was stated, he is a ball hawk when in zone. Could he maybe have a better chance of making it at Free Safety in the pros??

westriver bison
10-08-2013, 02:20 AM

I second..........dumber than dumb

tcbison
10-08-2013, 02:22 AM
Thank God we are 5-0 or this place would be absolutely awful to try and read. Why does someone who has a different point of view have to get ridiculed like what has happened on here?? All the OP asked was if Marcus is a legitimate pro prospect? I don't have a problem with that question and think it is a completely legitimate question especially with the number of big plays that the WR he is covering has gained since GSU last season. Is part of that Marcus going 1 on 1 against their best WR?? Absolutely. Is CB one of the toughest positions on the field especially if you are going man non-stop?? Definitely. Has Marcus given up more yards and big plays in the last 7 games then probably the rest of his career combined?? That'd be an interesting question. And is all of this part of the bigger defensive package that our coaches are putting out there week after week?? Yes, Marcus is a huge part of the team and in some ways the most important part, which is to keep their #1 WR under wraps so the rest of the defense can do their thing.

As was stated, he is a ball hawk when in zone. Could he maybe have a better chance of making it at Free Safety in the pros??

How about we worry about Marcus William's pro career when he is actually a pro? Right now he is a NDSU football player and a damn good one at it. Close the thread.

AjaxTheMighty
10-08-2013, 03:04 AM

I don't have a problem with the question, but it got all stupid in here fast.

kab1one
10-08-2013, 03:33 AM
I don't have a problem with the question, but it got all stupid in here fast.

It gets stupid when posters get spooled up because everyone doesn't drink the kool aid. It's a legitimate topic. Is he going to be drafted and can he play poor ball.

Why can't it be discussed? No one said he isn't a good FCS cornerback.

The issues he is going to deal with at the next level is size, speed and tackling.

reformedUNDfan
10-08-2013, 04:12 AM
The issues he is going to deal with at the next level is size, speed and tackling.

no, no, yes.

heffray
10-08-2013, 04:24 AM
How about we worry about Marcus William's pro career when he is actually a pro? Right now he is a NDSU football player and a damn good one at it. Close the thread.

Because how he is playing right now is affecting whether he WILL be a pro or not?

There's a certain amount of pride I feel when I watch Sunday Night football and they go through the line-up and the players get to announce where they played their college ball. I think this is a good topic because Bison fans want to see their beloved players succeed on all levels. If the topic bothers you, don't post.

AjaxTheMighty
10-08-2013, 04:45 AM
I have highlighted some of the comments on here that TAB was talking about that is shamefully ignorant. And just plain false. And there are MANY of them.

You said it. You owned the ridicule. Good job. That is the highlight of the whole thread.

No. He needs to be dominate, and at this point he is more hype than performance. I know the response to this will talk about his interception record, etc. Just keep in mind that he was average against BCS teams. There are 100 average corners at that level. He needed to stand out. He didn't. I suggest if he gets a shot at the NFL, he will be cut before the season begins. I hope not, but the proof is on the field.

This one above might be the winner of the worst of all of them.

Marcus is NOT a pro prospect at this point in his career. He may have the physical attributes... but I'm really starting to question mental side... he just doesn't seem to live up to the press anymore.

Because sundog is a scout and has facts to back this statement, right.

This is a SS poster most likely. Not a Bison fan it would seem.

Is he that good the coaches will not get in his head? Every now and then somebody needs to say your not playing that good It looked like in some plays he turned and looked for help. Isn't it common knowledge that that the pros have no less than 3 step on a rookie out of college

Captain obvious, again using some nice stats to support his opinion. Is that exactly 3 steps? How about 4? 5? 6?

Average? That's all? Again, because he said so.

Name all 100! Then prove it.

You still didn't mention the pass defended in the end zone that saved the game at KSU. That doesn't count, considering he is only average huh.

Is this because of his fumble or is Marcus really this big of a scab!

Because once again, your facts say so.........admit it, you don't regularly watch the Bison play football.
Your use of 'absolutes' continually negate your own arguments because when you use them they make you appear narrow and/or ignorant. Words like, NEVER, MOST OF THE TIME, HE DOESN'T TACKLE, etc. This is hyperbole, and are used to force a point instead of a point of view. Come with fact before generalizations. I don't think you see much football, even when you watch it. Maybe I'm wrong, but your context makes it seem that way. Be honest. How often do you watch?

SomeBeach
10-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Come on, Ajax. Your unwillingness to entertain points of view that are different from yours is not charming.

None of us are pro scouts. (Unless my facts are wrong and you are.) But we all have points of view, all based on our own observations and experiences. To state that we have our heads up our asses, that we aren't watching the same games as you are, or that we don't know anything about football does nothing to convince me that you are right.

The facts you cite - the good plays that Marcus does make (and yes, there are many) can be equally offset by the numerously-mentioned points made throughout this thread that teams lately seem to be attacking Marcus' side more than they used to, and often with success. Are they using their best receivers and are the quarterbacks' throws sometimes pinpoint on? Yes. But guess who's playing in the NFL?

Marcus is an outstanding college football player and (I presume, pardon me if I don't have the facts...) an outstanding young man. He is destined for the Bison Hall of Fame, and rightfully so. But the question about his NFL prospects, in light of game performances since the Championship last year, is a legitimate one.

Gully
10-08-2013, 10:28 AM
I don't think there is any problem with wondering if Marcus is good enough to make the NFL. I think what people object to are some of the over the top, knee jerk comments regarding his play currently. I think some of the comments reveal a lack of understanding of what's happening on the field.

BisonTeacher
10-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Marcus is one of the best to ever play for the herd. We are going to miss him big time next year. I don't think anyone is doubting that. An observation though. I know a lot of you don't watch the TV broadcasts cuz you are at the game. The announcers used to say that teams wouldn't even throw to his side of the field. As a matter of fact, we used to debate on bisonville (based on the upcoming opponent) whether marcus was going to get any throws to his side of the field. (I wish I had time to find a link to a thread)

So What's changed? I fully admit I know nothing about the X's and O's of football. So maybe someone can explain it to me?

I don't know if this is hall of shame worthy. There is nothing wrong with discussing it IMO, especially for someone like me who doesnt understand whats going on and wants to learn. Maybe it could have been discussed in the GDT thread as opposed to starting a new thread about it.

TransAmBison
10-08-2013, 11:31 AM
I third the hall of shame bid. Is a vote necessary, Tony?

Bison"FANatic"
10-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Marcus is one of the best to ever play for the herd. We are going to miss him big time next year. I don't think anyone is doubting that. An observation though. I know a lot of you don't watch the TV broadcasts cuz you are at the game. The announcers used to say that teams wouldn't even throw to his side of the field. As a matter of fact, we used to debate on bisonville (based on the upcoming opponent) whether marcus was going to get any throws to his side of the field. (I wish I had time to find a link to a thread)

So What's changed? I fully admit I know nothing about the X's and O's of football. So maybe someone can explain it to me?

I don't know if this is hall of shame worthy. There is nothing wrong with discussing it IMO, especially for someone like me who doesnt understand whats going on and wants to learn. Maybe it could have been discussed in the GDT thread as opposed to starting a new thread about it.

If they are going to go after him it seems to be with throws high and outside betting that their receiver is going to go get it at the highest point. Marcus has done a tremendous job of cutting underneath or baiting into the back shoulder throws over the years. If he has a cover weakness it is getting to the ball at the highest point and timing the jump. The thing is that it takes a perfect throw from the qb to turn that into a reception and we saw 3 of those on Saturday.

tcbison
10-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Because how he is playing right now is affecting whether he WILL be a pro or not?

There's a certain amount of pride I feel when I watch Sunday Night football and they go through the line-up and the players get to announce where they played their college ball. I think this is a good topic because Bison fans want to see their beloved players succeed on all levels. If the topic bothers you, don't post.

I can post my opinion just like you can. My point is what conclusion can we really draw right now on Marcus' draft status? I think his body of work over the last 4 years gives him a good chance but in the end we will all know a lot more when/if he get an invite to the NFL Combine. If he runs a 4.6 40 then he probably goes undrafted if he runs under a 4.5 I would guess he has a good chance of being drafted.

Herd80
10-08-2013, 04:09 PM
In before the lock and HOS

MW may not have had his best game ever...no? Pretty damn good football player...yes?

heffray
10-08-2013, 05:34 PM
I can post my opinion just like you can. My point is what conclusion can we really draw right now on Marcus' draft status? I think his body of work over the last 4 years gives him a good chance but in the end we will all know a lot more when/if he get an invite to the NFL Combine. If he runs a 4.6 40 then he probably goes undrafted if he runs under a 4.5 I would guess he has a good chance of being drafted.

I'll echo what Teach said above. There used to be a reason why teams would never throw to Marcus's side of the field. If that reason is still valid, then we would see some results from when they DO actually throw, which, to Teach's point, they have been doing A LOT more lately. It looks as though they will continue to try and throw that deep jump ball to their tall reciever in Marcus's direction unless he starts doing something differently. You're right that his entire body of work is pretty incredible, but this thread is a valid question I think because of a lot of the coverage mistakes and big plays he has been giving up lately.

Now, I will fully admit that I have a lot to learn about football. So, if someone can explain to me why these big plays he has been giving up are not a big deal, I'm all ears, and I'm fully ready to change my opinion on the matter. Until then, I will remain skeptical of Marcus's chances, but hopefull nonetheless.

tjbison
10-08-2013, 05:44 PM
gonna be a long fricken time before we see a corner like Marcus again. I remember the days we couldn't defend a pass, now we give up 2 and the world is falling.

he's an all American for a reason not by accident

again I think CJ Smith is going to be good!!

heffray
10-08-2013, 05:44 PM

Also, regarding this... You can definately post your opinion if you want. But if you post something like...
How about we worry about Marcus William's pro career when he is actually a pro? Right now he is a NDSU football player and a damn good one at it. Close the thread. ...you open yourself up to the kind of criticism I'm about to give you:

The point you made is that his invite to a combine and his 40 time will have the most influence on whether or not he is drafted. I guess my question is, what determines whether or not he gets an invite? His play during his college career, perhaps? And, if 140+ posts worth of Bision football fans on this forum have questions about whether or not it is viable, whether we are NFL Draft gurus or every day Joes, it doesn't matter, it makes it a legit question. Why on earth "Close the thread" when so many people have comments on it? Does it bother you when people prognosticate about this kind of thing or disagree with you? If so, perhaps find another forum where everyone agrees with you. Or maybe start your own forum and open or close threads at your discretion. Have fun with that.

tony
10-08-2013, 05:54 PM
I certainly hope that teams test Marcus. Go on, do it. DOOOOO IT!

Best DB to play at NDSU since Tyrone Braxton.

tcbison
10-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Also, regarding this... You can definately post your opinion if you want. But if you post something like... ...you open yourself up to the kind of criticism I'm about to give you:

The point you made is that his invite to a combine and his 40 time will have the most influence on whether or not he is drafted. I guess my question is, what determines whether or not he gets an invite? His play during his college career, perhaps? And, if 140+ posts worth of Bision football fans on this forum have questions about whether or not it is viable, whether we are NFL Draft gurus or every day Joes, it doesn't matter, it makes it a legit question. Why on earth "Close the thread" when so many people have comments on it? Does it bother you when people prognosticate about this kind of thing or disagree with you? If so, perhaps find another forum where everyone agrees with you. Or maybe start your own forum and open or close threads at your discretion. Have fun with that.

I already said that his body of work gives him a chance at getting drafted but I have also heard many times that NFL scouts are interested in how the players test in individual workouts or at the combine. When you have the accolades that Marcus Williams has had over his career http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4602&path=football that is quite impressive to say the least and I am sure he is on the radar of NFL scouts. You can't take away those accolades that he has already achieved and I doubt that last game would change people's minds. Again UNI only completed 12 passes in the whole game. 12 out of 33 attempts! Obviously what they were doing in the passing game wasn't working very well and they had to take some chances. Some of those chances paid off for them against one-on-one coverage. They made a great play and that happens in football. As Coach Bohl would say they have some good players as well. I was at the game and got to listen to the radio afterwards and it seemed like every call was to rip on Marcus Williams after NDSU had won a tough fought game. I was surprised after such a great classic game that Williams is getting such backlash. I would think the focus would be a little more on winning the game instead of William's NFL career. It was a tough fought TEAM win and Williams plays a big part of being on the team. Again if Williams makes the NFL that is icing on the cake from what will be an NDSU Hall of Fame career for Williams. What he has accomplished at NDSU has been incredible and he is not done yet. I probably shouldn't have said close the thread even though I don't know how much we can conclude on William's NFL draft status after the last game.

heffray
10-08-2013, 08:21 PM
I already said that his body of work gives him a chance at getting drafted but I have also heard many times that NFL scouts are interested in how the players test in individual workouts or at the combine. When you have the accolades that Marcus Williams has had over his career http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4602&path=football that is quite impressive to say the least and I am sure he is on the radar of NFL scouts. You can't take away those accolades that he has already achieved and I doubt that last game would change people's minds. Again UNI only completed 12 passes in the whole game. 12 out of 33 attempts! Obviously what they were doing in the passing game wasn't working very well and they had to take some chances. Some of those chances paid off for them against one-on-one coverage. They made a great play and that happens in football. As Coach Bohl would say they have some good players as well. I was at the game and got to listen to the radio afterwards and it seemed like every call was to rip on Marcus Williams after NDSU had won a tough fought game. I was surprised after such a great classic game that Williams is getting such backlash. I would think the focus would be a little more on winning the game instead of William's NFL career. It was a tough fought TEAM win and Williams plays a big part of being on the team. Again if Williams makes the NFL that is icing on the cake from what will be an NDSU Hall of Fame career for Williams. What he has accomplished at NDSU has been incredible and he is not done yet. I probably shouldn't have said close the thread even though I don't know how much we can conclude on William's NFL draft status after the last game.

Fair enough.

CAS4127
10-08-2013, 08:53 PM
I have a difficult time understanding how or why some of you just don't get it with respect to Marcus. He is routinely, of late, playing man coverage on one half of the field. The other half is being handled by a corner, a FS and a SS. Now, where do you think an opposing coach would like to attack, and 3-man zone-type coverage on twins or man-on-man with half a field to work with? Of course they are gonna give the man coverage a test every so often, if not more than that, and, of course there are going to be some successful receptions. But, good god, it's not like Marcus is giving up touchdown after touchdown. For our coaches to trust Marcus to handle half the field on an island in order to run a myriad of defensive schemes, like blitzing a SS, FS or corner on the other side and otherwise allowing us to focus on run from those players if we want is VERY TELLING. Also, for Farley to come out and say last week the exact same thing (for the most part) I am saying should also be VERY TELLING. Also very telling is that UNI did not throw at Marcus during its last possession. They threw opposite of Marcus into heavy coverage and look what happened-->interception!! In short, if you think an opposing coach is just gonna "give" us one half the field by not throwing to MWill's side you know nothing about football. Can you imagine how that would limit an offense? Also, if you think anyone, including MWill is gonna make every effing play, you again know nothing about football. I'll say this, as I said before, put us back in a true cover 2 and you will see that most teams will not through MWill's direction, and, if they do, they will pay for it. I would venture a guess that 90% of MWill's pics have come out of zone coverage. I would also venture a guess that zone coverage is responsible for at least 90% of all pics in all of football. The one-on-one pics are the ones you see on Sportscenter in the week's top 10.

Also, with a few (very few IMO) exceptions, MWill's tackling has been just fine, and much better than last year. What, do you want him to try to blow a WR up in open field only to miss and have the WR take it to the house, or do you want a sure, hands-on tackle that will either bring the WR down or allow enough time for clean-up help to arrive?!?!

I'm done here now!!

TransAmBison
10-08-2013, 09:06 PM
I have a difficult time understanding how or why some of you just don't get it with respect to Marcus. He is routinely, of late, playing man coverage on one half of the field. The other half is being handled by a corner, a FS and a SS. Now, where do you think an opposing coach would like to attack, and 3-man zone-type coverage on twins or man-on-man with half a field to work with? Of course they are gonna give the man coverage a test every so often, if not more than that, and, of course there are going to be some successful receptions. But, good god, it's not like Marcus is giving up touchdown after touchdown. For our coaches to trust Marcus to handle half the field on an island in order to run a myriad of defensive schemes, like blitzing a SS, FS or corner on the other side and otherwise allowing us to focus on run from those players if we want is VERY TELLING. Also, for Farley to come out and say last week the exact same thing (for the most part) I am saying should also be VERY TELLING. Also very telling is that UNI did not throw at Marcus during its last possession. They threw opposite of Marcus into heavy coverage and look what happened-->interception!! In short, if you think an opposing coach is just gonna "give" us one half the field by not throwing to MWill's side you know nothing about football. Can you imagine how that would limit an offense? Also, if you think anyone, including MWill is gonna make every effing play, you again know nothing about football. I'll say this, as I said before, put us back in a true cover 2 and you will see that most teams will not through MWill's direction, and, if they do, they will pay for it. I would venture a guess that 90% of MWill's pics have come out of zone coverage. I would also venture a guess that zone coverage is responsible for at least 90% of all pics in all of football. The one-on-one pics are the ones you see on Sportscenter in the week's top 10.

Also, with a few (very few IMO) exceptions, MWill's tackling has been just fine, and much better than last year. What, do you want him to try to blow a WR up in open field only to miss and have the WR take it to the house, or do you want a sure, hands-on tackle that will either bring the WR down or allow enough time for clean-up help to arrive?!?!

I'm done here now!!++++++++++++++++

runtheoption
10-08-2013, 09:21 PM
I have a difficult time understanding...

I'm done here now!!

We know, and we can only hope. :praying:

AjaxTheMighty
10-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Come on, Ajax. Your unwillingness to entertain points of view that are different from yours is not charming.

None of us are pro scouts. (Unless my facts are wrong and you are.) But we all have points of view, all based on our own observations and experiences. To state that we have our heads up our asses, that we aren't watching the same games as you are, or that we don't know anything about football does nothing to convince me that you are right.

The facts you cite - the good plays that Marcus does make (and yes, there are many) can be equally offset by the numerously-mentioned points made throughout this thread that teams lately seem to be attacking Marcus' side more than they used to, and often with success. Are they using their best receivers and are the quarterbacks' throws sometimes pinpoint on? Yes. But guess who's playing in the NFL?

Marcus is an outstanding college football player and (I presume, pardon me if I don't have the facts...) an outstanding young man. He is destined for the Bison Hall of Fame, and rightfully so. But the question about his NFL prospects, in light of game performances since the Championship last year, is a legitimate one.

But see, you did more than question his NFL prospects, and you miss the point that I have been arguing. You and Kabone guy both have missed the main idea I am highlighting. I have said this a few other times already. I am not arguing his NFL readiness. I don't mind getting into that discussion at all. Have your viewpoint all you want. I don't EVER want to sabotage your right to an opinion. EVER. The problem I have with this thread, your posts and a few others, are the fact that you guys continue to use both generalizations and absolutes to prove your point. And as I stated earlier, some of the stuff said about Marcus on here are FALSE. Not opinions, but false statements. Case in point: Kabone guy said the Marcus NEVER looks back on the deep back. (sic?) -False- Your very own words are that Marcus isn't even a prospect for the NFL any more. How do you know this? He was at the beginning of the year as several websites have him listed as a prospect, including cbssportsline now. So, do you have information that we don't? As Gully said, some of this is over-the-top and one person even attacked Marcus. One said that most of his interceptions are on throws behind the receiver. Is that fact? Most? Again, this constant use of absolutes and over-generalizations to prove your point invalidates your arguments. This is exactly how the QB thread went down. A bunch of 'knee-jerk' stuff about Brock. It was mostly out of anger, and some of it just plain false. I don't know what most of the motivation behind this is, but Marcus is an excellent football player for NDSU. And some of the lies and nasty comments warrant a lock and HOS in my book! You want to say Marcus is not NFL material, fine, but don't use lies or hyperbole to further your narrative! And for the record, not much about me is charming, so I won't pretend to be something I'm not, and I definitely don't strive for charming on Bisonville. I'll leave that to CAS or SDBison!

runtheoption
10-09-2013, 12:30 AM
But see, you did more than question his NFL prospects, and you miss the point that I have been arguing. You and Kabone guy both have missed the main idea I am highlighting. I have said this a few other times already. I am not arguing his NFL readiness. I don't mind getting into that discussion at all. Have your viewpoint all you want. I don't EVER want to sabotage your right to an opinion. EVER. The problem I have with this thread, your posts and a few others, are the fact that you guys continue to use both generalizations and absolutes to prove your point. And as I stated earlier, some of the stuff said about Marcus on here are FALSE. Not opinions, but false statements. Case in point: Kabone guy said the Marcus NEVER looks back on the deep back. (sic?) -False- Your very own words are that Marcus isn't even a prospect for the NFL any more. How do you know this? He was at the beginning of the year as several websites have him listed as a prospect, including cbssportsline now. So, do you have information that we don't? As Gully said, some of this is over-the-top and one person even attacked Marcus. One said that most of his interceptions are on throws behind the receiver. Is that fact? Most? Again, this constant use of absolutes and over-generalizations to prove your point invalidates your arguments. This is exactly how the QB thread went down. A bunch of 'knee-jerk' stuff about Brock. It was mostly out of anger, and some of it just plain false. I don't know what most of the motivation behind this is, but Marcus is an excellent football player for NDSU. And some of the lies and nasty comments warrant a lock and HOS in my book! You want to say Marcus is not NFL material, fine, but don't use lies or hyperbole to further your narrative! And for the record, not much about me is charming, so I won't pretend to be something I'm not, and I definitely don't strive for charming on Bisonville. I'll leave that to CAS or SDBison!I hate how you are always argumentative in every one of your posts. Nobody else ever does that. Ever. Never. Always. Everyone.

AjaxTheMighty
10-09-2013, 01:18 AM
I hate how you are always argumentative in every one of your posts. Nobody else ever does that. Ever. Never. Always. Everyone.

:nod: I see what you did there. Nice.

kab1one
10-09-2013, 01:18 AM
But see, you did more than question his NFL prospects, and you miss the point that I have been arguing. You and Kabone guy both have missed the main idea I am highlighting. I have said this a few other times already. I am not arguing his NFL readiness. I don't mind getting into that discussion at all. Have your viewpoint all you want. I don't EVER want to sabotage your right to an opinion. EVER. The problem I have with this thread, your posts and a few others, are the fact that you guys continue to use both generalizations and absolutes to prove your point. And as I stated earlier, some of the stuff said about Marcus on here are FALSE. Not opinions, but false statements. Case in point: Kabone guy said the Marcus NEVER looks back on the deep back. (sic?) -False- Your very own words are that Marcus isn't even a prospect for the NFL any more. How do you know this? He was at the beginning of the year as several websites have him listed as a prospect, including cbssportsline now. So, do you have information that we don't? As Gully said, some of this is over-the-top and one person even attacked Marcus. One said that most of his interceptions are on throws behind the receiver. Is that fact? Most? Again, this constant use of absolutes and over-generalizations to prove your point invalidates your arguments. This is exactly how the QB thread went down. A bunch of 'knee-jerk' stuff about Brock. It was mostly out of anger, and some of it just plain false. I don't know what most of the motivation behind this is, but Marcus is an excellent football player for NDSU. And some of the lies and nasty comments warrant a lock and HOS in my book! You want to say Marcus is not NFL material, fine, but don't use lies or hyperbole to further your narrative! And for the record, not much about me is charming, so I won't pretend to be something I'm not, and I definitely don't strive for charming on Bisonville. I'll leave that to CAS or SDBison!

Look at last years invites to the pro combine for FCS corners. Of the 4, 3 were drafted, 2 rounder, 4th and 7th, and the fourth was signed as a free agent.

Of the 4, all 4 had faster times in the 40, three of the 4 were bigger (taller) were than Marcus, height seems to be a bigger factor since NFL receivers are all getting bigger. The second round guy was fast.

Here is the same rating service that I pulled size and time for the 4 FCS corners last year

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=120658&draftyear=2014&genpos=CB

Projecting him to be a 6/7 round draft source.

I look at the level of competition versus the Sunday level. How many receivers has he covered that have had pro or pro ability? How many qp's with pro potential has he played against? Maybe the WR from Kansas State. Did he do well enough to say that he can compete at the level?

When I make the comment on not looking back. That is isn't just me, I hear that comment over and over. On the one on one covereage does he turn back to look at the ball? If its a good throw, he doesn't turn to knock it down. In the pros, the receivers are going to be bigger and quarterbacks better and more accurate.

Look at the UNI play with Johnson from UNI, Marcus had a chance to tackle. Bounced right off of him. Johnson they say is a pro prospect. Has pro size. Again, how many times have we seen that he doesn't wrap up and tackle, he puts the shoulder out and he bounces off.

yes, CAS, he takes out half the field, when he is one and one, but you know it better than anyone, the next level is a different level.

Since it is taboo to not give only unconditional and total love to everything about this team, how about this.

Sam Ojuri, Can he play pro ball?

Seems to me he is bigger and faster than DJ and Pat Paschall. They had the opportunity to play, how about Sam?

Kermit
10-09-2013, 01:27 AM

I'm done here now!!

Definitive post. Nothing else to say on this subject. Thank you!

Gully
10-09-2013, 02:26 AM
Well said CAS. He is a special player, for sure.

Wally
10-09-2013, 02:37 AM

I'm done here now!!

and done. Lock this thread.

SomeBeach
10-09-2013, 02:45 AM
Kuuuuuuuuuuuuumbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

heffray
10-09-2013, 01:30 PM

I'm done here now!!

Charlie, Thanks for explaining that to me. I have a difficult time understanding some of this stuff because I didn't play football at the same level as you did, and it's clear you know way more about this.

Everything you said up there makes perfect sense to me. But I will say this, I don't think anyone on here is doubting Marcus's ability at this level. If he's not the best corner in FCS, he's near the top. But that doesn't always translate to the next level. I know this isn't the best example, but look at Tim Tebow. He's widely regarded to be one of the best College quarterbacks or even players of all time, but his skills didn't transfer at the next level.

To your point about Marcus not giving up touchdown after touchdown, I agree. But can you remember a well thrown deep ball into 1 on 1 that Marcus HAS had success on lately? I know these are tough plays to defend, but do you think it's possible that weakness has been exposed in Marcus, and a pretty glaring one that could affect his pro prospect?

Like I said, I (we) could be way off on that, but I'd like someone to try and explain to me why that isn't that big of a deal, and I will gladly change my mind.

Mayville Bison
10-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Look at last years invites to the pro combine for FCS corners. Of the 4, 3 were drafted, 2 rounder, 4th and 7th, and the fourth was signed as a free agent.

Of the 4, all 4 had faster times in the 40, three of the 4 were bigger (taller) were than Marcus, height seems to be a bigger factor since NFL receivers are all getting bigger. The second round guy was fast.

Here is the same rating service that I pulled size and time for the 4 FCS corners last year

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=120658&draftyear=2014&genpos=CB

Even though I know I should just let this be, I can't resist the urge. Everyone knows the speed numbers don't mean anything until his pro day/combine results. Trying to compare them now is simply pointless. Marcus (and every other college football player) let their play do the talking for them and his track record has been pretty good. How many bad games has he had in his career, 5 or less? How many great games, 15 or more? I'll take the on-the-field results at large for 500 Alex!

I look at the level of competition versus the Sunday level. How many receivers has he covered that have had pro or pro ability? How many qp's with pro potential has he played against? Maybe the WR from Kansas State. Did he do well enough to say that he can compete at the level?

Last time I checked he got a pretty big interception in that game, didn't he? On the touchdown pass, he was trying to make a big play for his team and got caught - it happens to the best. He more than made up for it the rest of the game. Take that one catch away and Lockett had 6 catches for 57 yards and no TDs. Vereen had 4 catches for 67 yards. Take away the spectacular catch that not even a 6-4 Alabama CB could have defended and he had 3 catches for 34 yards. I'd say against above average-great receivers, he has done a fine job. Big stage/Big game? How about 2 Ints in the championship game against a pretty decent QB?

When I make the comment on not looking back. That is isn't just me, I hear that comment over and over. On the one on one covereage does he turn back to look at the ball? If its a good throw, he doesn't turn to knock it down. In the pros, the receivers are going to be bigger and quarterbacks better and more accurate.

I could totally be wrong on this as my CB coverage knowledge isn't the greatest, but isn't that what he is taught to do in that situation? If you are covering a fly route and the receiver has you by a step, watch the receivers eyes and hands instead of turning for the ball. When you see him going for the ball, get your hands in the way and try to knock it down. There aren't many CBs in one-on-one coverage on a fly route that will make an interception.

As for the pros, he's not going to be left on an island. He will have help over the top. Yes, the NFL players are better than college football players. Great observation!

Look at the UNI play with Johnson from UNI, Marcus had a chance to tackle. Bounced right off of him. Johnson they say is a pro prospect. Has pro size. Again, how many times have we seen that he doesn't wrap up and tackle, he puts the shoulder out and he bounces off.

Explain to me where anyone is disagreeing with you here. Everyone has said Marcus' one area to improve upon is tackling. If he can show he can consistently wrap up instead of shoulder bump, it will improve the round in which he gets drafted. If he continues to shoulder bump (even just on occassion), he will lose (loose?) a round or two.

yes, CAS, he takes out half the field, when he is one and one, but you know it better than anyone, the next level is a different level.

Seriously? CAS writes an in-depth explanation and all you say is "he takes out half the field" like that's not an impressive feat? cmon man!!! Read the rest of the post and you might understand just how special Marcus is. We all know he isn't going to be asked to do that in the pros, but the fact he can do that on a D-1 level is simply amazing.

Since it is taboo to not give only unconditional and total love to everything about this team

Usually the sign of someone who knows they have lost or don't have any more of an argument - Must obviously have the rose colored glasses on

how about this.

Seems to me he is bigger and faster than DJ and Pat Paschall. They had the opportunity to play, how about Sam?

Sam has size and skills to get a shot. Will he get the invite? I don't know. There are only 32 starting RBs in the pros compared to 64 starting CBs (similar results for backups if I did my math correctly). Less spots means you have to be that much better than your competition. The fact Sam splits carries will not help him claim any spotlight. This also hurts his image as the 3rd/4th/5th best back in his own conference if you look at stats alone. I don't think Sam will be able to make it, but I sure hope I'm wrong!

Marcus is IMO the best defensive player NDSU has ever had (sorry to Hanson, Nelson, and countless others). He has been able to completely change games all by himself the way few others have been able to. Shutting down/limiting their best playmaker while allowing the rest of the defense to do what they do best and every once in a while getting a turnover? I'll take it every time! We are really, really going to miss him when he's gone as the entire defense will change. CJ looks to be very good, but that's like replacing a Hall-of-famer with an all-pro.

344Johnson
10-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Give him a shot in Pittsburgh....or any team that runs a zone defense. If you want him to be a superstar man defender...that just isn't him.

GOBISON123
10-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Scouts are watching Marcus Williams and Billy Turner closely and we want these guys to succeed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/08/report-browns-executive-jon-sandusky-arrested-for-dui/

ndsubison1
10-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Give him a shot in Pittsburgh....or any team that runs a zone defense. If you want him to be a superstar man defender...that just isn't him.

i think most teams run zone primarily other than the texans. texans are mainly man to man

MAKBison
10-11-2013, 03:22 AM
Yep!!!! Coach Farley said the same thing in his pre game presser

I'm done here now!!

HerdBot
10-11-2013, 05:49 AM

Since it is taboo to not give only unconditional and total love to everything about this team, how about this.

Now you think your Mel Kiper. The only kind of DB your an expert on is the kind you cleanse a woman with. I bet you would pick Troy Williamson while leaving Jerry Rice on the board. And Williams 40 time was listed 2 years ago and it hasn't changed

unbison
10-11-2013, 11:13 AM
wow is this still going on? this is as irrational as lakes loving ponder give it up kab

kab1one
10-12-2013, 04:37 PM
wow is this still going on? this is as irrational as lakes loving ponder give it up kab

I didn't start this. I gave my opinion on whether he has pro potential or not. My opinion is worth about as much of 99% of the jibberish posted. And since Lakes thinks Mwill is a pro player, he is doomed.

tjbison
10-12-2013, 10:03 PM
went out injured today, sounds like a minor leg deal, no matter what we need him

he missed a couple tackles today but so did others

BadlandsBison
10-12-2013, 10:06 PM
went out injured today, sounds like a minor leg deal, no matter what we need him

he missed a couple tackles today but so did others

He played timidly. Definitely have seen Marcus at a higher level, he seems almost frustrated.

tjbison
10-12-2013, 10:13 PM
He played timidly. Definitely have seen Marcus at a higher level, he seems almost frustrated.

I thought the same, they need to relax and play their game. bye week would be nice right now

think it will work out

Chris
10-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Unreal. Surely smarter football minds than what roam this board have determined Marcus Williams is worth it. Crazy this discussion is even going on.

North Side
10-12-2013, 10:19 PM
M Will will have a harder time next week with a broken hand, but I guess that didn't stop Heagle too much.

tjbison
10-12-2013, 10:26 PM
M Will will have a harder time next week with a broken hand, but I guess that didn't stop Heagle too much.

broken hand? I hadn't heard that

IBleedYellow
10-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Doh tweeted it earlier today.

Moto X

A1pigskin
10-13-2013, 12:37 AM
Hand? I thought it was is leg.

BadlandsBison
10-13-2013, 12:41 AM
Hand? I thought it was is leg.

He had ice bags on his quad and hand in the second half. No crutches/braces or that kind of thing, I think he'll be ready to go

IBleedYellow
10-13-2013, 01:13 AM
Marcus is going to go call Golden Eagle next week just like Colton did.

MNLonghorn10
10-13-2013, 02:47 AM
give marcus club hands.

BisonTeacher
10-13-2013, 02:50 AM
broken hand? I hadn't heard that

A little birdie told me tonight hes been dealing with the hand injury for a few weeks now.

1998braves64
10-13-2013, 02:51 AM
Saw a coach getting after him today for something. Maybe was the entire team. Appeared he got chopped blocked on a play and he came off limping but he played a couple series after that.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

1bizon1
10-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Dom Izzo said on ch 6 sports, broken left hand, "expected" to play next Saturday....

tcbison
10-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Dom Izzo said on ch 6 sports, broken left hand, "expected" to play next Saturday....

Good to hear. We will need him against SIU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

A1pigskin
10-13-2013, 06:26 PM
I don't think I've ever seen one person with so many ice bags on at the same time.

tjbison
10-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Marcus tweeted a picture of his cast, I hope he goes out and get 3 picks with that SOB on Saturday!!!

that would be the ultimate STFU for the haters

thebigund
10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
Marcus tweeted a picture of his cast, I hope he goes out and get 3 picks with that SOB on Saturday!!!

that would be the ultimate STFU for the haters
Speaking of haters, he's too slow to play corner in the NFL.

tjbison
10-15-2013, 12:57 AM

speaking of losers...how's it feel?

KilldeerBison
10-15-2013, 01:22 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot, you have a great football mind. And then, there was that one time in high school, when the BigUndies was the greatest player in all the land.....

NDSU1980
10-15-2013, 01:25 AM
speaking of losers...how's it feel?Heck, he's too busy over at the SS supporting muffman to know the team is sucking air. He actually thinks UN_ did great against EWU because they only lost by 21.

kab1one
10-15-2013, 01:36 AM
So if on the outside chance MWILL doesn't make the pros are any of you going to admit you were wrong? Or will you have an excuse to cover for your rants? If he makes it, great, good for him, great for the program, I was wrong.

And i do find it curious how the great football minds on this rant feel speed isn't important. I need to Ponder that one.

tjbison
10-15-2013, 01:50 AM
So if on the outside chance MWILL doesn't make the pros are any of you going to admit you were wrong? Or will you have an excuse to cover for your rants? If he makes it, great, good for him, great for the program, I was wrong.

And i do find it curious how the great football minds on this rant feel speed isn't important. I need to Ponder that one.

what does making the nfl matter?? kid has done nothing but help us win 2 championships, he is a Bison loves it and does his best.

I don't measure our success on pro players don't matter to me. Marcus is good no doubt let it rest

kab1one
10-15-2013, 01:53 AM
what does making the nfl matter?? kid has done nothing but help us win 2 championships, he is a Bison loves it and does his best.

I don't measure our success on pro players don't matter to me. Marcus is good no doubt let it rest

That was the topic of the thread. I don't anyone questions what he has done here.

NorthernBison
10-15-2013, 10:07 PM

Personally, I think the chances of a small school Corner sticking on a 53 man roster are not that great and that is true for MWill. Regardless of what he has done at NDSU. Actually, I think his stats and performances so far are a minor part of the whole process. It's only gotten him noticed.

The REAL opportunity he will likely get is playing in a post-season all-star game. Not because of the actual game but because of the week of practices that are filled with scouts. That's where he will get the most opportunity to catch the eye of the people that matter.

I don't know how many get invited to the combine but I don't think Marcus will show any eye-popping results there. He just needs to avoid any really bad results.

After that, I would expect him to get invited to a rookie camp either as a late round draft pick or a free agent. His main goal out of that would be to get invited to a Fall Camp. At a Fall Camp he will get a VERY limited number of reps to catch the eye of the coaching staff (just like any other rookie). Even for a talented player like Marcus, the odds are long. (Fortunately, kids like him don't pay any attention to what I just typed. They believe in themselves and give it 100% effort.)

HerdBot
10-16-2013, 10:35 PM

I would rephrase what you said because it could be perceived that you hope he fails so you are proven right. Obvious that's not what your saying

GOBISON123
10-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Marc Will, stands two steps apart from the WR so that he can lure the QB to throw in his direction, it worked to some level , now everybody knows his game. When Marc Will goes two steps forward, the WR goes two steps backwards and this creates a huge separation to start with, when the QB throws and Marc Will try to run back its too late to start with. Marc Will need to raise his game.

56BISON73
10-16-2013, 11:30 PM
Marc Will, stands two steps apart from the WR so that he can lure the QB to throw in his direction, it worked to some level , now everybody knows his game. When Marc Will goes two steps forward, the WR goes two steps backwards and this creates a huge separation to start with, when the QB throws and Marc Will try to run back its too late to start with. Marc Will need to raise his game.

When is all of this going forward steps---- backward steps taking place?

gotts
10-17-2013, 12:55 AM
Williams is a solid player. Solid players get PFA looks.

CAS4127
10-17-2013, 12:59 AM
When is all of this going forward steps---- backward steps taking place?

I'm with you, PL, not so much with GB123-->not sure where he gets this shit, but whateva!!

Can't face palm on IPhone or I would!!

Good effing God!!

GOBISON123
10-17-2013, 01:02 AM
I'm with you, PL, not so much with GB123-->not sure where he gets this shit, but whateva!!

Can't face palm on IPhone or I would!!

Good effing God!!

Marc Will is allowing too much separation between him and WR i think, thats all i am saying.

CAS4127
10-17-2013, 01:08 AM
Marc Will is allowing too much separation between him and WR i think, thats all i am saying.

And you are wrong!

That's all I am saying!

Do you know why he is playing face-up?! Do you?!

Unreal!!

Oh, and if WR is backing off LOS, then why have we not seen more illegal formations?!

This shit is just stupid!!

GOBISON123
10-17-2013, 01:13 AM
And you are wrong!

That's all I am saying!

Do you know why he is playing face-up?! Do you?!

Unreal!!

Oh, and if WR is backing off LOS, then why have we not seen more illegal formations?!

This shit is just stupid!!

Everybody knows why , Coach Bohl also mentioned this in the Press Conference, i am not sure what you are saying here ? Your arguments are always require lot of explaining , why is that ? :)

CAS4127
10-17-2013, 01:15 AM
Your arguments are always require lot of explaining , why is that ? :)

You explain. If WR is backing 2 yards off LOS on weak side that IS illegal formation.

Explain please?!?!

BisonFan02
10-17-2013, 01:15 AM
Your arguments are always require lot of explaining , why is that ? :)

All your base are belong to us. j-say-n

GOBISON123
10-17-2013, 01:19 AM
You explain. If WR is backing 2 yards off LOS on weak side that IS illegal formation.

Explain please?!?!

I did not say this happens at the LOS, this was your assumption. :)

CAS4127
10-17-2013, 01:24 AM
I did not say this happens at the LOS, this was your assumption. :)

Well, now my assumption is you are braindead when it comes to this subject and, until proven otherwise, I am sticking with that assumption.

Not saying you are on other subjects, but if this one is telling ... well, so be it. I mean, is the WR RUNNING BACKWARDS IN HIS PATTERN? Giving up depth?! Wtf are you saying?!

Done!!

GOBISON123
10-17-2013, 01:29 AM
Well, now my assumption is you are braindead when it comes to this subject and, until proven otherwise, I am sticking with that assumption.

Not saying you are on other subjects, but if this one is telling ... well, so be it. I mean, is the WR RUNNING BACKWARDS IN HIS PATTERN? Giving up depth?! Wtf are you saying?!

Done!!

:facepalm::)

56BISON73
10-17-2013, 01:30 AM
Everybody knows why , Coach Bohl also mentioned this in the Press Conference, i am not sure what you are saying here ? Your arguments are always require lot of explaining , why is that ? :)

Everybody knows why? Then please describe what it is in complete understandable sentences. Technical football terms are allowed also if you know any. Of course they should be used in the context of the subject being discussed.

CAS4127
10-17-2013, 01:31 AM
:facepalm::)

Just as I thought!!

Insert pic of CAS sprinting away with hands cupping ears, yelling: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHBH--repeat!

JustinTyem
10-17-2013, 01:35 AM
Just think if Will was 100% after the KSU game,Oh did I just say that??? Its pretty is to see why Will has been getting beat'en off the line lately. A 70-80% Will is better then most 100% other cb's,Im just sayin' !!!!

CAS4127
10-17-2013, 01:42 AM
Everybody knows why? Then please describe what it is in complete understandable sentences. Technical football terms are allowed also if you know any. Of course they should be used in the context of the subject being discussed.

Y isnt Marcus being pulled from game then? Y oh Y would they let him play with cast/broken hand??

Obviously he is trying to sabotage the team!!

Ask me about the last sentence after the draft!!

Meanwhile, go fuck ... err.. give yourself a hand job without going soft on yourself.

AjaxTheMighty
10-17-2013, 01:45 AM
Tony, Admin, someone! Come on man! Lock this thread. It is complete nonsense now...for Bisonville...that's saying something!!

GOBISON123
10-17-2013, 01:48 AM
Y isnt Marcus being pulled from game then? Y oh Y would they let him play with cast/broken hand??

Meanwhile, go fuck ... err.. give yourself a hand job without going soft on yourself.

I think you have some mental issues man, I did not say any of these that you are stating here. If anything I just want him to be successful and put ND on the map. Calm down.

tjbison
10-17-2013, 01:50 AM

I don't think PL directed the quote at you??

CAS4127
10-17-2013, 01:50 AM
I think you have some mental issues man, I did not say any of these that you are stating here. If anything I just want him to be successful and put ND on the map. Calm down.

Apparently, then, U should be his individual, hired and payed for coach!! Plus, Kliemen should pay you for your advice!!

56BISON73
10-17-2013, 01:51 AM

Ahhhh that quote--- post wasnt to you.

56BISON73
10-17-2013, 01:53 AM

ND isnt on the map?
May be you should go over to the other board and get your and there post count up.

CAS4127
10-17-2013, 01:54 AM
Ahhhh that quote--- post wasnt to you.

I know--quoted wrong post from my wondereffing IPhone Tapatalk App!!

But you guys get the point I assume ...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH-AHHHHHHHH

CAS4127
10-17-2013, 01:57 AM
Tony, Admin, someone! Come on man! Lock this thread. It is complete nonsense now...for Bisonville...that's saying something!!

I think they like seeing me go batshit crazy--> Gabeman style!!

Cue Pike51.

Fuckers!!

JustinTyem
10-17-2013, 02:01 AM
I think they like seeing me go batshit crazy-->Gabe style!!

Fuckers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)BATSHIT CRAZY style3230

Gully
10-17-2013, 12:24 PM

Obviously you're trying to be funny..................right?

Bison"FANatic"
10-17-2013, 12:28 PM
And then Marcus puts his right foot in and puts his right foot out and then puts right foot in and he shakes it all about ..................

tjbison
10-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Obviously you're trying to be funny..................right?

I may be wrong but if you do the math on that post it equals the same distance

if Marcus is 2 steps off and moves 2 forward thus causing the WR to take 2 steps back that means HUGE SEPARATION really has not changed

this is kind of fun, or is it a trick question? it could be trick because we need to know one variable and that it is the size of 1 "Marc Wll" step in comparison to said receiver, which could drastically change the formula and the resulting huge separation

gotts
10-17-2013, 12:57 PM
And then Marcus puts his right foot in and puts his right foot out and then puts right foot in and he shakes it all about ..................

Ah, so THAT'S what it's all about!

TransAmBison
10-17-2013, 01:00 PM
I may be wrong but if you do the math on that post it equals the same distance

if Marcus is 2 steps off and moves 2 forward thus causing the WR to take 2 steps back that means HUGE SEPARATION really has not changed

this is kind of fun, or is it a trick question? it could be trick because we need to know one variable and that it is the size of 1 "Marc Wll" step in comparison to said receiver, which could drastically change the formula and the resulting huge separation

I think he meant they moved the huddle two steps further away to create more separation from MWill. If I was on an opposing team, I would want at least 1 zenner of separation (not on the weak side line of scrimmage CAS, duh). :D

Seriously though, I'm thinking GoBison123's mail order bride has been posting with his account. Somebody from this country would probably have a better grasp of teh game.

BisonNeil
10-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Anybody catch Dom Izzo's interview of Marcus Williams? (Sorry if this has been posted)

"Marcus Williams has rarely had a bad game in his time at NDSU, let alone two, but that's what's happened the last two games for the All-American cornerback."

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/88463/

CAS4127
10-17-2013, 03:08 PM
We'll be in more true zone coverage for next several games is my guess.

heffray
10-17-2013, 06:13 PM
Ok... What did I miss?

Mayville Bison
10-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Ok... What did I miss?

Pretty much just people (including yours truly) trying to keep this thread on the first page to see if any more "interesting" statements will be made. Oh and kab1one secretly hoping Marcus doesn't get drafted so he would be right.

56BISON73
10-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Just think if Will was 100% after the KSU game,Oh did I just say that??? Its pretty is to see why Will has been getting beat'en off the line lately. A 70-80% Will is better then most 100% other cb's,Im just sayin' !!!!

MW was hurt in the KS game?

JustinTyem
10-17-2013, 09:31 PM
MW was hurt in the KS game?He wasnt hurt in the KSU game but since the SDSU He doesn't look right. I just don't think Will has been playing 100% For quite sometime now and I don't have any inside info,but just a estimated guess. :duel:

80ALUM
10-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Ok... What did I miss?
Was wondering the same thing. Course, I do have some of these people on ignore so....

kab1one
10-18-2013, 12:06 AM
Pretty much just people (including yours truly) trying to keep this thread on the first page to see if any more "interesting" statements will be made. Oh and kab1one secretly hoping Marcus doesn't get drafted so he would be right.

Don't wish that at all. He gets drafted only help every thing in program. If he does get drafted. I'll say I was wrong. No big deal. Will anyone else say that if he doesn't? Nah, cas will go rampage about how NFL is screwed up, type I'm done, and board would agree. Kind makes my chuckle

56BISON73
10-18-2013, 12:15 AM
Don't wish that at all. He gets drafted only help every thing in program. If he does get drafted. I'll say I was wrong. No big deal. Will anyone else say that if he doesn't? Nah, cas will go rampage about how NFL is screwed up, type I'm done, and board would agree. Kind makes my chuckle

And you would be wrong about that also.

Snowgoose
10-18-2013, 01:32 AM
If Williams or turner do not get drafted u could argue that of the original 22 starting the mid 80's were more talented. This will throw people for a loop since that just can't be true cause we were D2.

tjbison
10-18-2013, 01:43 AM
If Williams or turner do not get drafted u could argue that of the original 22 starting the mid 80's were more talented. This will throw people for a loop since that just can't be true cause we were D2.

disagree, overall talent at all levels has increased, doesn't mean anyone was less or more talented

GOBISON123
10-18-2013, 01:59 AM
ND isnt on the map?
May be you should go over to the other board and get your and there post count up.

Not feeling well ?

56BISON73
10-18-2013, 02:58 AM
Not feeling well ?

Feel great, thanks for asking.

GOBISON123
10-18-2013, 03:18 AM
I think I am just spoil't after seeing how Marc Will played last year. Hope he can regain his magic and not let his injury sideline him.

runtheoption
10-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Will anyone else say that if he doesn't? Nah, cas will go rampage about how NFL is screwed up, type I'm done, and board would agree. Kind makes my chuckle Not true, people love correcting loud mouth, know-it-all attorneys.

344Johnson
10-18-2013, 01:00 PM

CAS is just having flashbacks of '86 when he was putting the hurt on fools....and he isn't going to let that nonsense you been posting go...

Mayville Bison
10-18-2013, 02:43 PM

I'm quite sure this thread will be active again right after the draft, so whichever side happens, there will be some crow to eat. I'll even say I was wrong right now - I thought he would be a 2nd-3rd round pick and am now guessing it will be 5th-6th round.

CAS4127
10-18-2013, 02:51 PM
disagree, overall talent at all levels has increased, doesn't mean anyone was less or more talented

If you are using this "logic" as a means to cement your opinion that MWill won't get drafted, you are off base, as it is flawed, and includes unsubstantiated assumptions.

Oh, and let me go on record as having the position that I have never said Marcus is a sure draft pick. Won't be surprised if he is and won't be surprised if he isn't.

NorthernBison
10-18-2013, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't focus too much on whether he gets drafted or not. The ultimate test is whether he ends up on an NFL roster (53 man roster or practice squad).

Late round draft picks have about as much success making it onto an NFL roster as Undrafted free agents. I don't have facts to back that up. Just a feeling I have that could be proven to be incorrect.

tjbison
10-18-2013, 04:01 PM
If you are using this "logic" as a means to cement your opinion that MWill won't get drafted, you are off base, as it is flawed, and includes unsubstantiated assumptions.

Oh, and let me go on record as having the position that I have never said Marcus is a sure draft pick. Won't be surprised if he is and won't be surprised if he isn't.

nowhere in those thread have I said he will or won't get drafted, I don't care if he does or does not. his talents will take him as far as they can

I only hope the best for him, I just don't think current players can be fairly compared to past players. it isn't fair to anybody and doesn't matter

bisonsupporter
10-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Right now I dont think MWill hears his name during the 2014 NFL draft. I think he will need to run a sub 4.5 40 to jump back into the late rounds. I know he will get quite a few phone calls right after the draft.

One thing I have thought about is with his ball hawking skills, would the next level like to see him at a safety position as well as cornerback?

Mayville Bison
10-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Right now I dont think MWill hears his name during the 2014 NFL draft. I think he will need to run a sub 4.5 40 to jump back into the late rounds. I know he will get quite a few phone calls right after the draft.

One thing I have thought about is with his ball hawking skills, would the next level like to see him at a safety position as well as cornerback?

I've asked that question to multiple people for over a year now and I know at least one other in this thread asked that question. Only thing that hurts him at safety is the "tackling ability". I'd love to put him as a safety in a cover 2 scheme and see what he does.

aces1180
10-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Williams is going to play basketball for the Herd in 2013-2014...Mark it down! :nod:

heffray
10-18-2013, 11:24 PM
I'm quite sure this thread will be active again right after the draft, so whichever side happens, there will be some crow to eat. I'll even say I was wrong right now - I thought he would be a 2nd-3rd round pick and am now guessing it will be 5th-6th round.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong... (Sips 12 year MacAllan)

heffray
10-18-2013, 11:28 PM
Wow, all due respect, but there is a lot of backsliding going on from the people who having been berating the doubters... interesting...

TransAmBison
10-19-2013, 12:47 AM
Wow, all due respect, but there is a lot of backsliding going on from the people who having been berating the doubters... interesting...
No backsliding from TAB.

heffray
10-19-2013, 04:08 PM
No backsliding from TAB.

Oh GOOOOOD for you...

TransAmBison
10-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Oh GOOOOOD for you...Just sayin'. Also just sayin' there some of us hatin' on our players. Very sad. Makes sense why plenty of players think Bisonvillers are idiots.

Wally
10-19-2013, 06:00 PM
Just sayin'. Also just sayin' there some of us hatin' on our players. Very sad. Makes sense why plenty of players think Bisonvillers are idiots.

You are correct, sir

A1pigskin
10-19-2013, 07:46 PM
His cast needs to be bigger and make it a club.

heffray
10-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Just sayin'. Also just sayin' there some of us hatin' on our players. Very sad. Makes sense why plenty of players think Bisonvillers are idiots.

There's big difference between hating on our players and doubting their NFL potential. I love every one of our players, including Marcus. I'm just giving you all my gut feeling about his NFL potential based on how he's been playing lately. I'm not a great football mind and I really hope I'm wrong because I want to see him succeed.

If you want to call that hating on our players, well... GOOOOD for you...

TransAmBison
10-19-2013, 10:03 PM
There's big difference between hating on our players and doubting their NFL potential. I love every one of our players, including Marcus. I'm just giving you all my gut feeling about his NFL potential based on how he's been playing lately. I'm not a great football mind and I really hope I'm wrong because I want to see him succeed.

If you want to call that hating on our players, well... GOOOOD for you...I never said you are hating on him...I said there were people hating on him.