PDA

View Full Version : Terry V & SDSU stuff

bruinbison
09-27-2013, 02:52 AM
After Huskers loss, Jacks turn focus to incoming Bison

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20130923/SPORTS0202/309230007/After-Huskers-loss-Jacks-turn-focus-incoming-Bison

"Zenner continues to lead the FCS in rushing at 742 yards through four games. His total of 202 yards was the 10th-most ever gained by a Nebraska opponent"

Terry V and Stu Whitney's SDSU vid show:

http://bcove.me/37ps7n0q

30 minutes worth, so here are my cliff notes.....

- Scheduling quirk to have back-to-back games "like this"

- NDSU "regional darling and a national darling" (ESPN)

- Of the people Terry asked, "Would NDSU play to history (3peat)"
Answer from those he talked to familiar w/NDSU - "Guarded against buying into (such destiny) (the history)

- (NDSU) good at building towards playoffs (performance)
Different time of season to be playing (week 4) (normally later)
Inference being NDSU has not built up to it's peak yet, hence good time to play game

- SDSU gets to go back to their base scheme on D after Nebraska game
Terry's comment - "if that gets torn to shreds, then SDSU in a crisis

- SDSU's Safety's not as good as last year
Linebackers thinner in depth than previous season
No pass-rush last week (none)

- Jensen "most efficient QB ever......kid's a winner
Last drive against KState kind of summed up his career" (Jensen)

- Terry mentioned Kolpack's comment that "SDSU QB Sumner does not have a signature win"

- Bo Pelini did not acknowledge Zenner in post-game news conference (despite 202 yds rushing against)

- Zenner would be less affected by a sloppy field than NDSU's 2 backs

- Zenner's 2 lowest rushing yardage since he took over as a starter are both against NDSU

- Prepared For A Record Crowd

Gully
09-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Crap, looks like we're screwed. Do we even have a chance?

IzzyFlexion
09-27-2013, 12:03 PM
- Bo Pelini did not acknowledge Zenner in post-game news conference (despite 202 yds rushing against)

Did he receive a diagonally handwritten letter?? :biggrin:

BisonCountry
09-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Did he receive a diagonally handwritten letter?? :biggrin:
Bo sent him a curse filled audio recording instead.

G_Funky
09-27-2013, 12:39 PM
- Zenner would be less affected by a sloppy field than NDSU's 2 backs

Zenner does attend SDSU...he will more than likely be used to playing with, I mean on, a sloppy field

MNLonghorn10
09-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Zenner does attend SDSU...he will more than likely be used to playing with, I mean on, a sloppy field

Because Fargo and Brookings had such a wet August..I can see where zz and co. Would have the upper hand with sloppy fields

RowdyRabbit
09-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Terry does weekly podcasts as well where he phone interviews various people.

This week he visited with your very own Coach Craig Bohl. Thought you might be interested.

http://www.argusleader.com/podcasts/terryv/

BadlandsBison
09-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Terry does weekly podcasts as well where he phone interviews various people.

This week he visited with your very own Coach Craig Bohl. Thought you might be interested.

http://www.argusleader.com/podcasts/terryv/

Meh. I prefer sdsu sports block, much more professional

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

bisonmike2
09-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Nice article by T-Vac.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20130927/SPORTS0202/309270018/SDSU-vs-NDSU-Top-ranked-Bison-setting-FCS-standard

THEsocalledfan
09-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Nice article by T-Vac.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20130927/SPORTS0202/309270018/SDSU-vs-NDSU-Top-ranked-Bison-setting-FCS-standard

THAT article made my day. I got up in the morning, made my breakfast, got my coffee ready, and I open up the sports, and the front page story is nothing but homage to the Kings of FCS. What a great day in Sioux Falls! (I don't get many.....)

Mr. Burgundy
09-27-2013, 06:16 PM
THAT article made my day. I got up in the morning, made my breakfast, got my coffee ready, emailed the SDSU AD about the lack of bathrooms, posted his response on two different fan websites, and I open up the sports, and the front page story is nothing but homage to the Kings of FCS. What a great day in Sioux Falls! (I don't get many.....)

I updated that for you.

bruinbison
09-27-2013, 11:03 PM
New posting from Terry V:

"This will be a big recruiting weekend, too, as the SDSU football team will have about 30 guys on campus and the basketball team will have a couple"

They"ll also get to see how well Bison fans travel.....:)
Perhaps Sams or someone would know if there are any recruits both SU's are after

Also from Terry: The Bison have four seniors ranked as pro prospects to their respective positions: OT Billy Turner (18th), CB Marcus Williams (29th), QB Brock Jensen (41) and DE Cole Jirik (67).
That same site lists two Jacks: CB Winston Wright (65) and DE Doug Peete (70).

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/

A1pigskin
09-28-2013, 12:34 AM
Be loud Bison fans. I want to be able to hear you in Fargo.

bruinbison
09-30-2013, 02:56 AM
Stu Whitney's opinion article on NDSU-SDSU game

He felt Grant Olson's comments comparing NDSU's D and Nebraska's D were "brash"
In reading it a couple of times, StuW seems offended that Grant would suggest Nebraska
was not playing hard on D, hence NDSU was more disciplined than Nebraska, but check it out for yourselves.....

And in the "brashness" category he added in Brock Jensen gesturing towards the SDSU crowd,
including with his ring finger.

"Such Johnny Manziel-type outbursts would seem to contradict the qualities pointed out by Kansas State coach Bill Snyder...."

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20130929/COLUMNISTS0104/309290041/Whitney-NDSU-shadow-darkens-Jacks-mood

TAILG8R
09-30-2013, 03:04 AM

In reading it a couple of times, StuW seems offended that Grant would suggest Nebraska
was not playing hard on D, hence NDSU was more disciplined than Nebraska, but check it out for yourselves.....

And in the "brashness" category he added in Brock Jensen gesturing towards the SDSU crowd,

"Such Johnny Manziel-type outbursts would seem to contradict the qualities pointed out by Kansas State coach Bill Snyder...."

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20130929/COLUMNISTS0104/309290041/Whitney-NDSU-shadow-darkens-Jacks-mood

Not directly related to the article but there are times over the last year and already more times than I would like this year that I find myself wishing our guys would just "shut up" and play football. Not shut up in a literal way but stop with the face in the camera, over celebrating a first down, etc. I have noticed over the last year that this is becoming more and more common. I'm sure I will get ripped but it is a pet peeve of mine when I watch football at any level. Plus it makes you look completely foolish when you endure a couple bad snaps, a INT and a number of other mishaps to go along with your one "magnificent play". /RANT

Bisonguy
09-30-2013, 03:23 AM
Not directly related to the article but there are times over the last year and already more times than I would like that I find myself wishing our guys would just "shut up" and play football. Not shut up in a literal way but stop with the face in the camera, over celebrating a first down, etc. I have noticed over the last year that this is becoming more and more common. I'm sure I will get ripped but it is a pet peeve of mine when I watch football at any level. Plus it makes you look completely foolish when you endure a couple bad snaps, a INT and a number of other mishaps to go along with your one "magnificent play". /RANT

++

From what I've seen, Ojuri is one of the few that consistently acts like he's been there before.

TAILG8R
09-30-2013, 03:26 AM
++

From what I've seen, Ojuri is one of the few that consistently acts like he's been there before.

It was interesting in the post game press conference when this topic was brought up Bohl became noticeably angry/upset and then ended the press conference rather abruptly. Don't know if he was upset about the question being asked or upset at his players and didn't want to talk about it.

westnodak93bison
09-30-2013, 03:43 AM
It was interesting in the post game press conference when this topic was brought up Bohl became noticeably angry/upset and then ended the press conference rather abruptly. Don't know if he was upset about the question being asked or upset at his players and didn't want to talk about it.

Noticed that as well. I heard Bohl was really getting on a few players on the sideline? I'm sure it is tough to bite your tongue when smack talk starts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

56BISON73
09-30-2013, 03:45 AM

We will find out this next weekend I guess.
I was wondering what was going to happen as the jacks were talking shit from the beginning and chippy. best thing you can do is shut up and kick their ass.
I was surprised that Stig didnt notice the trash talk and if he did why he would allow it.

Regardless the Bison dont need to get in to a habit of poor behavior that might lead to penalties.

GOBISON123
09-30-2013, 04:01 AM
Not directly related to the article but there are times over the last year and already more times than I would like this year that I find myself wishing our guys would just "shut up" and play football. Not shut up in a literal way but stop with the face in the camera, over celebrating a first down, etc. I have noticed over the last year that this is becoming more and more common. I'm sure I will get ripped but it is a pet peeve of mine when I watch football at any level. Plus it makes you look completely foolish when you endure a couple bad snaps, a INT and a number of other mishaps to go along with your one "magnificent play". /RANT

They have earned it, let them have some fun.

56BISON73
09-30-2013, 04:10 AM

Poor behavior is never earned.

MNLonghorn10
09-30-2013, 04:15 AM

hahahahhahahhahahaa

boo hoo. they'll get over it.

GOBISON123
09-30-2013, 04:16 AM
Poor behavior is never earned.

I dont think they were mocking SDSU

56BISON73
09-30-2013, 04:20 AM
I dont think they were mocking SDSU

. Doesnt make any difference in what you think. Read what the players said about giving it back to the fans.

ndsubison1
09-30-2013, 04:21 AM

the truth hurts. Olson is 100% correct. I highly doubt Nebraska was as prepared as we were for SDSU and took them as serious. Plus, it helps that we know them better. Our defense is better than Nebraskas though. And the Johnny Manziel comment is absurd. One little gesture to the fans does not equate to a Johnny Manziel outburst. I also hate when coaches, players, and fans say "They were better than us today." Today being the key word. No. we are just a flat out better team than them this season and for the past few seasons

GradBison
09-30-2013, 04:22 AM

Earned being fools? I hope this crap is cleaned up ASAP.

GOBISON123
09-30-2013, 04:27 AM
Earned being fools? I hope this crap is cleaned up ASAP.

I dont think Brock was making any gesture towards the SDSU crowd, I think he was making those 2 ring gesture to the cameraman in front of him. I could be wrong.

56BISON73
09-30-2013, 04:28 AM
I dont think Brock was making any gesture towards the SDSU crowd, I think he was making those 2 ring gesture to the cameraman in front of him. I could be wrong.

Youre wrong.

GradBison
09-30-2013, 04:28 AM
Act like you've been there before, and you obviously have! That's all.

56BISON73
09-30-2013, 04:30 AM
act like you've been there before, and you obviously havent! that's all.

fify!!!!!!!

HerdBot
09-30-2013, 04:32 AM
We will find out this next weekend I guess.
I was wondering what was going to happen as the jacks were talking shit from the beginning and chippy. best thing you can do is shut up and kick their ass.
I was surprised that Stig didnt notice the trash talk and if he did why he would allow it.

Regardless the Bison dont need to get in to a habit of poor behavior that might lead to penalties.

Agree especially with Northern Iowa who is a notoriously dirty team

Mayville Bison
09-30-2013, 01:45 PM

Couldn't agree more. It's not as bad as Jerome Simpson on the first play of the game giving the "first down" signal, but still I would be happy if I never saw it again. Celebrate with your teammates as it's a team game and the scheme got you the sack, TD, or whatever it was, but forget that there's a camera there. We know you just made a great play, or in Brock's case, has the championship belt (referrencing the Aaron Rodgers thing).

It's all fun until you get a 15 yard penalty against UNI or in a playoff game. Fix it now before it becomes a problem. That is unless you don't want a 3rd championship, then ya let them have "fun".

GOBISON123
09-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Couldn't agree more. It's not as bad as Jerome Simpson on the first play of the game giving the "first down" signal, but still I would be happy if I never saw it again. Celebrate with your teammates as it's a team game and the scheme got you the sack, TD, or whatever it was, but forget that there's a camera there. We know you just made a great play, or in Brock's case, has the championship belt (referrencing the Aaron Rodgers thing).

It's all fun until you get a 15 yard penalty against UNI or in a playoff game. Fix it now before it becomes a problem. That is unless you don't want a 3rd championship, then ya let them have "fun".

I am with you here, 15 yard penalty can come back to haunt us. TJ Yeldon got dinged for doing the show me the money sign last week. I didnt think Brock was mocking SDSU, may be jackrabbits felt jealous and took it too personal, whatever may be, but I agree a 15yrd penalty for TD celebrations could hurt us.

TAILG8R
09-30-2013, 02:44 PM
What I am afraid of is that the younger kids on the team are seeing this kind of bs from the starters. These are players who are supposed to be setting an example about how to play Bison football. Scoring a go ahead touchdown with less than a minute to go against the reigning Big 12 champs, get excited, jump around, scream into the camera. Scoring a TD against a conference opponent, hand the ball to the ref congratulate each other and go back to the side line. I get it, emotions run at a high level while playing but there is nothing more embarrassing than being a poor winner.

Also, I'm not talking about just the SDSU game. It started at some point last year and has been getting worse week by week imo.

bisonmike2
09-30-2013, 03:17 PM

Exactly. I think it's great and done mostly in fun but I also don't make the rules and if the refs wanted to be dicks and flag us they probably could. In a tight game that could kill us.

CaBisonFan
09-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Scoring touchdowns, getting first downs, and making great defensive plays are things that the Bison expect to do.

Attitude should be...'been there, done that, & expect to do more.'

Celebrate a little, and get on with the drubbing.

CAS4127
09-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Knowing Brock's dad, I'm betting Coach Bohl is not be the only person Brock gets an earful from-->just sayin'!!!

Kermit
09-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Scoring touchdowns, getting first downs, and making great defensive plays are things that the Bison expect to do.

Attitude should be...'been there, done that, & expect to do more.'

Celebrate a little, and get on with the drubbing.

Yes, indeed. I would also distinguish celebrating team successful as a group vs. an individual trying to draw attention to himself. There is a reason why there have never been individual names on the back of those Bison jerseys.

CaBisonFan
09-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Yes, indeed. I would also distinguish celebrating team successful as a group vs. an individual trying to draw attention to himself. There is a reason why there have never been individual names on the back of those Bison jerseys.

....yup....

runtheoption
09-30-2013, 08:57 PM
Knowing Brock's dad, I'm betting Coach Bohl is not be the only person Brock gets an earful from-->just sayin'!!! Ditto. I didn't bring it up with him after the game, as I didn't want to put a damper on an obviously proud Papa's moment.

MAKBison
10-01-2013, 01:42 AM
Um....can we focus on UNI now :hide:

devin45k
10-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Um....can we focus on UNI now :hide:

Huge game and everyone seems to be focused on a game we won 20-0

MAKBison
10-01-2013, 02:30 AM
yep, UNI game probably decides who has HFA in the playoffs!

Huge game and everyone seems to be focused on a game we won 20-0