PDA

View Full Version : We've come a loooong way

bisononce
09-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Consider this. In 1962 the Bison were 0 and 10. Included, a 22 - 8 loss to Moorhead State. A crowd of 600 at homecoming... My oh my.

tony
09-24-2013, 05:49 PM
No doubt. Heck, we've come a long way since 2003.

Like somebody else posted elsewhere - "These are the good old days."

jimmyptubas
09-24-2013, 06:05 PM
People who attended NDSU in the early 2000's while I was in Duluth, have said football was not really a big deal for the students back then

THEsocalledfan
09-24-2013, 06:17 PM
People who attended NDSU in the early 2000's while I was in Duluth, have said football was not really a big deal for the students back then

It sure as heck was in the 1990's when i went. I do admit the student attendance is better now; that section was only full on homecoming when Greeks pretended to care.

Mayville Bison
09-24-2013, 06:23 PM

I'd agree with that. The student line barely got to the edge of the parking lot by the time the doors opened. I even tried to get my roommate to come by telling him we would save a spot in the front row for him - all he had to do was show up and he still said no. I remember missingnumber7 reffing pee-wee games in the morning and still being one of the first 25-30 people in line.

EndZoneQB
09-24-2013, 06:24 PM

It wasn't really a big deal pretty much as soon as we had the Fargodome...at least in my recollection. That place was empty as hell most of the time...

MNLonghorn10
09-24-2013, 06:26 PM
Consider this. In 1962 the Bison were 0 and 10. Included, a 22 - 8 loss to Moorhead State. A crowd of 600 at homecoming... My oh my.

Roadwarrior would be a lot more cooler than he already is, if this was the game that started the streak. :)

CaBisonFan
09-24-2013, 06:48 PM

When Mudra and Erhardt arrived...we came a long way in a hurry. Not sure what year they came.

SDbison
09-24-2013, 07:04 PM
When Mudra and Erhardt arrived...we came a long way in a hurry. Not sure what year they came. Have to wonder what Mudra would think of the current level to which the program has risen. I doubt taking over a losing program and even getting it to a successful college division program with several championships had to be the top in their minds back then. Of course then DII came along and great teams with a bunch of championships in a short time. The recent success at DI level is just amazing with all the recognition by national media and all of college football is truly unbelievable. So where do we go from here? Mudra could not have envisioned anything higher for them back in the late 1960's. Somehow NDSU has to get to the top level. Just a shame if we stop upward progress now.

KTF
09-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Being a student from 2000-2003, I can agree that the football games weren't as big as they are now. I remember showing up for a game against USD in 2003 about 1 hour prior to kickoff and still getting the first few rows of the student section. 2000 seemed to be the best year that I was there for student participation. Just think, 20 years from now the current students are going to talk about the Fargodome like some of you talk about Dakota Field and the "Glory Days".

bisonsupporter
09-24-2013, 07:13 PM

Absoluetly correct, my buddies and i would walk up to the games 20 min prior and get front row seating (section where the band is now). I was truely upset that the upper half of the student section was usually empty.

Fire Babich Save Bison Football......oh wait that already happen :)

bisononce
09-24-2013, 07:27 PM
When Mudra and Erhardt arrived...we came a long way in a hurry. Not sure what year they came.
"Mudra took over the dual roles of athletic director and head football coach." (1963) "Among the new assistants were Ron Erhardt..." Bison Football - Three Decades of Excellence, Ed Kolpack

jimmyptubas
09-24-2013, 08:03 PM
"Mudra took over the dual roles of athletic director and head football coach." (1963) "Among the new assistants were Ron Erhardt..." Bison Football - Three Decades of Excellence, Ed Kolpack

I'm going to assume that mudra is no longer alive then?

bri-dog
09-24-2013, 08:07 PM
I believe his is still alive...

KSBisonFan
09-24-2013, 08:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_Mudra