PDA

View Full Version : Stunning News from Grand Forks

KC Bison
09-22-2013, 09:28 PM
Sometimes news travels slowly to Grand Forks. This news took 10 years to go 70 miles. In Todays Grand Forks Hearld......Ryan Bakken's column titled "Lets Face it, NDSU doesn't need UND The harsh realty is that North Dakota State University doesn't need an in-state dance partner." Wow, sometimes reality can be very harsh.

Bisonguy
09-22-2013, 11:08 PM
The news didn't take 10 years to get to Grand Forks. It took 10 years for them to comprehend it.

CAS4127
09-22-2013, 11:12 PM
But of course he had to take a shot at us by penning the "overall" record-->like anyone supporting NDSU GIVES A FLYING FUCK!! 10 largely > 1!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

perthbison
09-23-2013, 10:34 AM
But of course he had to take a shot at us by penning the "overall" record-->like anyone supporting NDSU GIVES A FLYING FUCK!! 10 largely > 1!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)He does those jabs to keep his job with the hearld. Sometimes he does write the truth but he likely gets reprimanded for it.

IzzyFlexion
09-24-2013, 12:06 AM
It took this long for them to get to stage 5 of the Kubler-Ross coping mechanism model presented by Hammersmith last week. (ACCEPTANCE)

KC Bison
09-29-2013, 07:51 PM
This just in: After giving up 35 to 62 points in the last three games, Grand Forks Community College announces they will try to restart the North Central Conference. "We just can't compete at the FCS level. Its time to return to a level where we can be competitive. We certainly can't keep up with the Bison but of course we still have hockey".

cbline
09-30-2013, 03:10 PM
This just in: After giving up 35 to 62 points in the last three games, Grand Forks Community College announces they will try to restart the North Central Conference. "We just can't compete at the FCS level. Its time to return to a level where we can be competitive. We certainly can't keep up with the Bison but of course all we have is hockey".

There. FIFY.

DePereBisonFan
10-22-2013, 08:41 PM
I know this isn't a serious thread, but I wasn't sure where to post.

Someone on another thread said something about UND touting the best home schedule in FCS for 2013.

Looking closely at it, it's hard to disagree. Home OOC against Valpo, SDSU and Montana. Conference home games against Montana State and Eastern Washington. In all, 7 DI home games, and 4 DI away games. 4 home games were against then-Top10Ranked teams. Incredible that they could manage that, especially after so many horrible home schedules.

Now, they've done nothing but lose those games, but at least their scheduling skills came together well. I doubt any other FCS team had 7 home games out of 11 total, and I doubt any that did were all against DI competition. It's situations like this that show that 2-for-1 or home-and-home contracts can come together well every few years.

It's not a scheduling philosophy our football team should embrace, but maybe it would work for Men's basketball, especially with the facility upgrade three years from now (wow, saying three years from now makes it sound like an eternity. I hope it's sooner than 2016).