PDA

View Full Version : FCS Week 5 Thread

NDSUstudent
09-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Huge week in the FCS week...tons of great games.

Key FCS Games:
NDSU at SDSU 2 p.m. NBC ND/Midco- Both the XDSU's open up MVFC in a big way in a battle for the border marker. The key to this game will be Austin Sumner vs the Bison defense since NDSU has repeatedly put the clamps on SDSU star running back Zach Zenner. If Sumner struggles it might be a long day for Zenner and the Jacks. For NDSU this is an opportunity for its senior class to go out undefeated vs Rabbits.

UNH at Lehigh 11:30 a.m. Patriot League Network - Finally undefeated Lehigh will match up with a quality opponent in non-conference play. A loss here could cripple their chances at a playoff bid, last year Lehigh had just one loss but were on the outside looking in on selection Sunday. A win here for UNH would continue to bolster their resume as they look to reach the FCS playoffs for a 10th consecutive time.

McNeese State at UNI 4 p.m.- Even though McNeese State demoished South Florida in week 1 not much is really known about just how good the Cowboys are. So far in 2013 they barely got by a DII opponent and they thumped two weak FCS opponents at home. This game at the UNI Dome might very well be their toughest game in the regular season and should give us a true measure as to how good McNeese really is. Meanwhile for UNI this is just another chance to prove that last year was a fluke and the Panthers are fully capable of making playoff run this season.

Montana at NAU 8 p.m. Root Sports/Big Sky TV- The Griz are a lot like McNeese State in that they have been impressive to start the season but not much is known about just how good they are. They crushed App State in week one and demolished a defenseless UND team. Going to NAU and winning at the Walkup Skydome would send a message that the Griz are a real contender this year.

FCS Game of the Week:
EWU at SHSU 2 p.m. CSN Houston- With lots of great games this week this one was named gamed of the week because quite honestly there are hardly ever many great FCS vs FCS non-conference games. This type of game is what we need to see more of at this level, it is sad that some teams either want to load up on FBS money games or quite honestly are just too afraid to go on the road and face a quality FCS non-conference opponent. This game has all the makings of being a track meet with Vernon Adams slinging the ball around for the Eagles and Tim Flanders gashing opponents not named North Dakota State at will on the ground. It is a shame this game isn't on national TV because it could be the FCS game of the year.

FCS Games on TV:
Cal Poly at Portland State 8 p.m. 9/26 Root Sports/Big Sky TV-
Bryant at Wagner 1 p.m. ESPN Game Plan/ESPN3
Maine at Richmond 2 p.m. CSS/NBC Regional
JMU at Delaware 5 p.m. NBC Regional
Kentucky Wesleyan at Liberty 5 p.m. ESPN Game Plan/ESPN3/Flames Sports Network
YSU at SIU 5 p.m. ESPN Game Plan/ESPN3
Brown at Harvard 5:30 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Montana at Northern Arizona 8 p.m. Root Sports/Big Sky TV

FCS Streams(ESPN3 or free):
Central State at Tennessee State TBA OVC Digital Sports Network
Fordham at Saint Francis 11 a.m. NEC Front Row
New Hampshire at Lehigh 11:30 a.m. Patriot League Network
Robert Morris at VMI 12:30 p.m. Big South Sports Network
Hampton at South Carolina State 1 p.m. ESPN3
Charlotte at Presbyterian 1 p.m. ESPN3
Eastern Kentucky at Eastern Illinois 1:30 p.m. ESPN3
Southern Utah at Northern Colorado 2:30 p.m. Big Sky TV
Montana State at North Dakota 2:30 p.m. Big Sky TV
Murray State at Jacksonville State 3 p.m. OVC digital sports network
Sacred Heart at Bucknell 5 p.m. Patriot League Network
Point at Gardner Webb 5 p.m. Big South sports network
Prairie View at Stephen F. Austin 6 p.m. http://sfajacks.cstv.com/allaccess/?media=398857
UT Martin at Southeast Missouri 6 p.m. OVC digital sports network
Sacramento State at Weber State 7 p.m. Big Sky TV
Indiana State at Tennessee Tech 7 p.m. OVC digital sports network
Idaho State at UC Davis 8 p.m. Big Sky TV

WYOBISONMAN
09-23-2013, 11:47 AM
I would like to see UND spank up on the Kitties, but UND is worse than a horrid Viking team. Kitties will take it by more than 2 TDs.

EWU will get schooled by Sam. SHSU by 10.

I will also take The Herd, Lehigh, McNeese and the Griz.

gotts
09-23-2013, 02:24 PM
Enough of the bs with Lehigh... New Hampshire wins by at least 17!

I'll also take NDSU, UNI, SHSU, and the Griz.

runtheoption
09-23-2013, 02:31 PM
I would like to see UND spank up on the Kitties, but UND is worse than a horrid Viking team. Kitties will take it by more than 2 TDs.

This may be the only time I hope UND wins. For the love of Yahweh, UND, play some Defense!!

taper
09-23-2013, 11:00 PM
I've figured out a good ending to the MT St, UN_ game. 0-0 tie after 8 overtimes, finally ends when UN_ commits a safety. This is quite the feat as OT possession starts at the oppenent's 25 yard line. I can't think of something more inept.

IzzyFlexion
09-24-2013, 12:01 AM

EWU will get schooled by Sam. SHSU by 10.

I will also take The Herd, Lehigh, McNeese and the Griz.

Leaving this one alone. Guess why?

a) too many red chicklets from the new gals on the board.
b) Wyo is baiting me. (self admitted peep freak attempting to show the aforementioned members that he's more metrosexual than me.
c) Clearly TAB is in a humor slump so I'll give him first crack*
d) Too easy**

* Can never have enough prison bitch humor on here.
** see above

NDSUstudent
09-27-2013, 02:42 AM
#18 Cal Poly at Portland State is on Root Sports right now...Direct TV channel #687.

NDSUstudent
09-27-2013, 02:54 AM
Wow Cal Poly is down 14-0. Production quality is really great, I wish the MVFC had a TV deal like this.

Willie44
09-27-2013, 09:40 PM
I think this week will be the one time I root for UND.:hide:

BadlandsBison
09-28-2013, 01:16 AM
I think this week will be the one time I root for UND.:hide:

Go ahead. We can kill either team. Griz better roll the cats this year!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

BisonTeacher
09-28-2013, 04:03 AM
Looks like the EWU and SHSU game is on First row.

also...

@NDSUstudent....thanks again. I among others appreciate this thread every week.

KSBisonFan
09-29-2013, 12:38 AM
Congrats to Sam Houston on winning the Big Sky conference again as they put a beatdown on EWU. Flanders rushed for 280 and Sincere for 98 as SHSU rushed for 450!

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=332712534

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-29-2013, 01:48 AM
Anyone catch the UN_/MSU game. 63-20.

What a beat down. And MSU without their starting QB.

BisonTeacher
09-29-2013, 02:00 AM

And the UN_ies thought they were gonna make the playoffs. :rofl:

Hammersmith
09-29-2013, 02:08 AM

MSU's starting QB was in for the 1st half.

imabison
09-29-2013, 03:01 AM
I stumbled across the NAU VS MONTANS game on Direct Tv channel 101 audience .

Montana is turning over the ball like crazy.

28 -3

NDSUstudent
09-29-2013, 03:16 AM
Yeah the Griz fans are angry right now...not sure what to think about the Big Sky anymore after today.

Tatanka
09-29-2013, 03:26 AM
Yeah the Griz fans are angry right now...not sure what to think about the Big Sky anymore after today.

they all want to play uN_ every week so they can pad their stats? The conference as a whole is overrated?

BisonTeacher
09-29-2013, 03:29 AM
The conference as a whole is overrated.

FIFY....period vs question mark.

NDSU1980
09-29-2013, 03:32 AM
they all want to play uN_ every week so they can pad their stats? The conference as a whole is overrated?I feel sorry for the teams that don't get UN_ because of the unbalanced schedule.

How do you think Valpo feels. They must be awful to lose to UN_

WYOBISONMAN
09-29-2013, 11:30 AM

I think the absolutely have to fire Muss right now. It really seems he has totally lost the team. I hate UND, but these beatdowns have become to hideous to watch. Damn, I feel bad for the players.

BisonTeacher
09-29-2013, 11:37 AM
I think the absolutely have to fire Muss right now. It really seems he has totally lost the team. I hate UND, but these beatdowns have become to hideous to watch. Damn, I feel bad for the players.

I dont. They chose to go play football at a hockey school. They had to know what they were getting in to.

Tatanka
09-29-2013, 11:55 AM

if you read the article http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/274502/ in the herald this morning, uN_ should be judged on the second half of their season, after the inevitable seal clubbing they will receive from eastern Washington. The schedule gets "easier" and uN_ shouldn't be expected to beat top ten teams this early in their transition.

I have hope that they win three or four more games at the end of the year, giving _arrell and the other two or three remaining fans some hope for next year so they can keep Mussman for life.

According to Mussman, it all comes down to how much football really means to his players.

Giving speeches won’t make us play any better; throwing chairs and screaming won’t makes us play any better,” said UND coach Chris Mussman. “It comes from within. How much does football mean to you? That’s what everyone in our locker room has to answer.”http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/274464/

I love this guy.

NDSUstudent
09-29-2013, 01:42 PM
If I'm a UN_ fan it wouldn't just be Muss who I would want fired at this point. The AD has let this go on for far too long but I'm glad the Herald continues to write puff pieces instead of holding their feet to the fire.

WYOBISONMAN
09-29-2013, 01:49 PM
If I'm a UN_ fan it wouldn't just be Muss who I would want fired at this point. The AD has let this go on for far too long but I'm glad the Herald continues to write puff pieces instead of holding their feet to the fire.

But, that probably won't happen unless Hak continues to not make the frozen 4. It really seems that UND could care less about football. I bet the Sky is just thrilled with adding a program shittier than Northern Colorado.

JSUBison
09-29-2013, 06:06 PM
I actually went "over there" and read a couple threads about the game to see if they thought the problem was limited to coaching or talent. A very interesting thing I saw was that apparently the bench was screwing around during the beating. Laughing, carrying on and what not. Faison had to go over there and tell them to STFU. I repeat, the UND AD is patrolling the sidelines during the game and being the disciplinarian. Smell you later Muss.

taper
09-29-2013, 07:52 PM
I actually went "over there" and read a couple threads about the game to see if they thought the problem was limited to coaching or talent. A very interesting thing I saw was that apparently the bench was screwing around during the beating. Laughing, carrying on and what not. Faison had to go over there and tell them to STFU. I repeat, the UND AD is patrolling the sidelines during the game and being the disciplinarian. Smell you later Muss.

If that's true then this season is lost. If the players aren't concerned about these losses even a great coach can't fix things. Just look at the Philadelphia Eagles last season.

Willie44
09-29-2013, 07:59 PM
Griz sucked last night plain and simple. I turned it off after about 10 mins and the girl and I watched our Bucks beat Wisky.

BadlandsBison
09-29-2013, 09:17 PM

That's awesome! Probably sending texts to see what house the kegger is at. I hold out hope that Muss will not be fired.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

BisonTeacher
09-29-2013, 09:44 PM
You know...some people read too much into this. Not that im defending them..cuz they are whioux and therefore stupid. But when you lose that bad every week...at some point you have to laugh about it. Getting angry every week when theres nothing you can do about it becomes pointless.

1998braves64
09-29-2013, 11:51 PM
You know...some people read too much into this. Not that im defending them..cuz they are whioux and therefore stupid. But when you lose that bad every week...at some point you have to laugh about it. Getting angry every week when theres nothing you can do about it becomes pointless.
It isn't about getting mad so much as making them focus on the game, most of these guys should be ready to go in at any time. Be light hearted during timeouts and such... Yes.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

NDSUstudent
09-30-2013, 02:49 AM
Griz sucked last night plain and simple. I turned it off after about 10 mins and the girl and I watched our Bucks beat Wisky.

Yeah I checked my phone yesterday to see some FCS scores and was kind of shocked when I saw the Griz score. I really kind of thought NDSU would be seeing Montana late in the playoffs...now I don't know what to think.

WYOBISONMAN
09-30-2013, 02:50 AM
It isn't about getting mad so much as making them focus on the game, most of these guys should be ready to go in at any time. Be light hearted during timeouts and such... Yes.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

It is like something I have never seen before. Just a complete loss of any respect for Muss. I took a look at the post game presser and it was painful watching Muss. Completely lost........

NDSU1980
09-30-2013, 03:32 AM
Yeah I checked my phone yesterday to see some FCS scores and was kind of shocked when I saw the Griz score. I really kind of thought NDSU would be seeing Montana late in the playoffs...now I don't know what to think.

This puts it all into perspective. Just how bad is UN_ when the team that pounded them gets pounded themselves by a team that really isn't that great?

Willie44
09-30-2013, 05:00 PM
This puts it all into perspective. Just how bad is UN_ when the team that pounded them gets pounded themselves by a team that really isn't that great?

Think a lot of it had to do with the poor scheduling we had the previous week with Oklahoma PSU. Total joke and it ruined any momentum we had IMO.