PDA

View Full Version : College Football TV ratings....

NDSUstudent
09-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Looks like NDSU K-State had a .4 rating...the only games on FS1 that had better ratings were Washington State-USC and Washington-Boise State. Some of the ratings for these lower level FBS games are pretty dismal....

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Mayville Bison
09-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Looks like NDSU K-State had a .4 rating...the only games on FS1 that had better ratings were Washington State-USC and Washington-Boise State. Some of the ratings for these lower level FBS games are pretty dismal....

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Nice find. 270k more viewers for KStates week 1 than week 2

NDSUstudent
10-10-2013, 12:07 AM
NDSU-K-State is still the third highest rated FS1 college football telecast.

North Side
10-10-2013, 03:42 AM
NDSU-K-State is still the third highest rated FS1 college football telecast.
That is pretty cool, but doesn't say much for FS1. I watched just because it was new and to see what it was all about... but it really didn't stick for me went back to ESPN.

MNLonghorn10
10-10-2013, 03:43 AM
i dont think FS1 is taking off like FOX wants it too.

Just cant beat ESPN.. doesn't help that all of the Big 12 schools/Pac 12 schools suck ass outside of like 2....too which of whom ESPN gets first rights to those games.

NDSUstudent
10-10-2013, 04:18 AM
Yeah There haven't been a lot of great games on FS1. I see Oregon-Washington will be on FS1 this Saturday and Baylor-Oklahoma will be on FS1 in a few weeks...so I guess things are kind of looking up for them.

ndsubison1
10-10-2013, 05:36 AM

Just cant beat ESPN.. doesn't help that all of the Big 12 schools/Pac 12 schools suck ass outside of like 2....too which of whom ESPN gets first rights to those games.

tough to compete with espn/abc, cbs, pac 12/big ten/big 12 networks. fs1 does have the oregon-washington game this week though

MNLonghorn10
10-10-2013, 11:03 AM
really. I thought espn had that one because of Gameday and stuff.

aces1180
10-10-2013, 01:32 PM

There is a reason ESPN folks call it Fox Sports Point 1, in reference their ratings.

Mayville Bison
10-10-2013, 03:28 PM

ESPN wasn't built in a day either. One big problem, though, is they are going to have to extremely outbid ESPN for some of these games/conferences. Maybe they should start with FCS and try to move on from there? - Not sure if that's purple or not

TAILG8R
10-10-2013, 03:32 PM
I guarantee that the business plan for FS1 extends past year one. I am pretty sure they were well aware of the steep hill they are attempting to climb.

HerdBot
10-10-2013, 07:29 PM
The FCS national championship (.7) and the Georgia Southern game (.5) had higher ratings. No joke. The channel is slow out of the gates

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?29754-FCS-Playoffs-vs-Bowl-Games-TV-Ratings&highlight=bowl+ratings

marenlee
10-10-2013, 07:33 PM
There is a lot of casual sports fans out there that don't even realize FS1 exists. It would help if they would get some good matchups. BTW Longhorn, don't be dissin the PAC12, leap years ahead of the B1G and Big 12 :duel:

EndZoneQB
10-10-2013, 07:41 PM
There is a lot of casual sports fans out there that don't even realize FS1 exists. It would help if they would get some good matchups. BTW Longhorn, don't be dissin the PAC12, leap years ahead of the B1G and Big 12 :duel:

The PAC12 is just as top heavy as any of the other conferences not named the SEC.

JSUBison
12-18-2013, 01:36 AM
The CC/NDSU quarterfinal game drew a .5 in the ratings. I can't find the EIU/Towson numbers. The .5 is the same as last years SHSU/Montana State game, but below the GSU/ODU game with the 1.1 rating. The # of tv's in Norfolk, Hampton Roads, VA Beach area (where Old Dominion is) seems to be a good guess why that game pulled high last year. Last year the semi's were GSU/NDSU @ .7 and EWU/SHSU @ .2 Without knowing what #'s Towson pulled last Friday it's hard to guess what they will draw in the EWU matchup. You would think it would have to be better that a .2 I'm guessing the NDSU/UNH game is similar to last years GSU/NDSU game as far as ratings.

The sports competition going up against NDSU friday night is an NBA game on ESPN, and the DIII championship on ESPNU.

MAKBison
12-18-2013, 02:10 AM
I wonder what would happen if a network tried to make fcs its main coverage. All of the bells and whistles as the FBS coverage, just focused on the FCS. I wonder if there is enough viewers to make $$ on that

Tatanka
12-18-2013, 03:00 AM
I wonder what would happen if a network tried to make fcs its main coverage. All of the bells and whistles as the FBS coverage, just focused on the FCS. I wonder if there is enough viewers to make $$ on that

There doesn't seem to be enough viewers to actually go to most stadiums much less watch on TV. :smh:

MAKBison
12-18-2013, 03:12 AM
Its not an instant market, but Can it be built into a profitable one...is the potential there.

There doesn't seem to be enough viewers to actually go to most stadiums much less watch on TV. :smh:

JSUBison
01-07-2014, 09:48 PM
UNH @ NDSU drew a 1.1 rating. That is .4 better than last year. The NDSU game was the 12th highest program on ESPN that week. Waiting on the FCS championship game #'s, they'll probably show up tomorrow.