PDA

View Full Version : shuttle service schedule announced (sticky)

HerdBot
09-18-2013, 03:09 PM
#NDSU announces shuttle service will run from 530 AM-245pm from east side of BSA + 17th Ave and East Side T-Lot at Dome #Gameday

Per Dom Izzo

FARGO - Fans hoping to catch a glimpse of ESPN's "College GameDay" Saturday in downtown Fargo can leave their vehicles behind.

Shuttles will be running from 5:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Saturday from the following locations into downtown:

• East side of Bison Sports Arena on University Drive and 17th Avenue

• East side of T Lot. (12 ave n by music building)

According to the Fargo Police Department, the following street closures will also be taking place, beginning Wednesday:

Wednesday

In preparation for road closures, no parking signs will be posted on the following streets starting Wednesday evening:

• Broadway between Second Avenue North and Fourth Avenue North

• Third Avenue North between Broadway and Fourth Street North

• Fifth Street North between Third and Fourth avenues North.

Thursday

• Broadway will be closed to traffic between Second Avenue North and Fourth Avenue North.

• Third Avenue North will be closed to traffic between Broadway and Fifth Street North

• Fifth Street North will be closed to through traffic between Third and Fourth avenues North.

• No parking signs will be posted which will prohibit parking for Thursday evening on Second Avenue North between Broadway and Fifth Street North

Friday

• Second Avenue North will be closed from the west side of Broadway to Fifth Street North

• No parking signs will be posted which will prohibit parking on Friday evening on Fourth Avenue North between Roberts Street North and Fifth Street North and on Broadway from Fourth Avenue North to the rail road tracks (Fifth Avenue North).

Saturday

• Fourth Avenue North will be closed from Roberts Street North to Fifth Street North, and Broadway will be closed in the 400 Block (Fourth Avenue North to the railroad tracks). These roads will remain closed until the conclusion of the Saturday event.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUc91KwCMAABG0J.jpg

jimmyptubas
09-18-2013, 03:16 PM
#NDSU announces shuttle service will run from 545 AM-245pm from east side of BSA + 17th Ave and East Side T-Lot at Dome #Gameday

Per Dom Izzo

Where will the drop off downtown be?

HerdBot
09-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Good ? Hopefully we hear soon... the bus depot makes sense if I had to guess. Close by

Where will the drop off downtown be?

Bison"FANatic"
Downtown nobody said anything about dropping you off downtown just be happy they are picking you up at the BSA and dropping you off at T lot, cuts off a few blocks
:):):):)

coloradobison
It was also noted that T-Lot is not at the Dome, but on 12th Ave by the Music Building...

bisonmike2
09-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Downtown nobody said anything about dropping you off downtown just be happy they are picking you up at the BSA and dropping you off at T lot, cuts off a few blocks

Or what if this is all a ploy by Rob Port to eliminate as many NDSU fans as possible? These could be buses that are picking people up under the guise of taking them downtown only to be transported to a dairy queen of his choosing where he will then spend as much time as needed brainwashing them to become UN_ supporters. This is the perfect opportunity to strike at the heart of NDSU. If I were going to be taking those buses, I would be very leery.

Bison"FANatic"
09-18-2013, 03:32 PM
Or what if this is all a ploy by Rob Port to eliminate as many NDSU fans as possible? These could be buses that are picking people up under the guise of taking them downtown only to be transported to a dairy queen of his choosing where he will then spend as much time as needed brainwashing them to become UN_ supporters. This is the perfect opportunity to strike at the heart of NDSU. If I were going to be taking those buses, I would be very leery.

They might want to get on the bus with one of these

Grab a couple of pieces of aluminum foil. The ones in the trash that were used to cover leftover casseroles or wrap fresh fish will do just fine.

Place one piece of aluminum foil on your head from front to back.

Mash the foil down to conform to the shape of your head and fit as snugly as possible.

Take the second piece of aluminum foil and place across the top of the head from ear to ear.

Mash the second piece of foil down over the first piece making a quick tin foil hat that probably won't hold up for long but will do in a pinch.

Stand the two pieces of foil up and fold over at each end to make a cone shaped hat. This hat design will take a little more time, but is worth the extra effort.

Place the tin cone on the head and mash it all together above the head to seal out dangerous rays and deflect mind control waves outward.

Make a Basic Tinfoil Hat

Find five or six feet of heavy duty aluminum foil.

Fold the aluminum foil several times, making a 12 inch square with the shiny side out.

Cut the foil from one side to the center in a straight line.

Bend the foil with one side under the other to make a cone shape, leaving the shiny side showing.

Place the cone shaped tin foil hat on the head and adjust the fit by mashing the foil against the head.

Tape the cut you made in the foil securely closed.

Punch holes in each side of the hat with a pencil, ball point pen or tip of scissors.

Place rope, twine, ribbon or any other string-like material through the holes and tie snugly under the chin.

KilldeerBison
09-18-2013, 03:39 PM
How about, just take a few extra smoked ribs, when Rob starts his diatribe, throw the ribs out the window, problem solved. No more Rob.

BlueBisonRock
09-18-2013, 03:53 PM
How about, just take a few extra smoked ribs, when Rob starts his diatribe, throw the ribs out the window, problem solved. No more Rob.

Why would you waste good ribs when a left over DQ wrapper would have the same effect?

Mr. Burgundy
09-18-2013, 03:54 PM
It was also noted that T-Lot is not at the Dome, but on 12th Ave by the Music Building...

By the music building? Ummm....can you repeat the thing about the....is there a bar, restaurant, sporting arena that you can reference? haha.

roadwarrior
09-18-2013, 03:55 PM
By the music building? Ummm....can you repeat the thing about the....is there a bar, restaurant, sporting arena that you can reference? haha.

Spicy Pie would work

Hammerhead
09-18-2013, 04:00 PM
One block west of Tau Kappa Epsilon and Sigma Chi Delta. :)

Bison"FANatic"
09-18-2013, 04:31 PM
One block west of Tau Kappa Epsilon and Sigma Chi Delta. :)

HELL no

Directly east of Sigma Alpha Epsilon:duel::duel::fight::fight::cheers::cheers:

HerdBot
09-18-2013, 04:57 PM
FARGO - Fans hoping to catch a glimpse of ESPN's "College GameDay" Saturday in downtown Fargo can leave their vehicles behind.

Shuttles will be running from 5:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Saturday from the following locations into downtown:

• East side of Bison Sports Arena on University Drive and 17th Avenue

• East side of T Lot.

According to the Fargo Police Department, the following street closures will also be taking place, beginning Wednesday:

Wednesday

In preparation for road closures, no parking signs will be posted on the following streets starting Wednesday evening:

• Broadway between Second Avenue North and Fourth Avenue North

• Third Avenue North between Broadway and Fourth Street North

• Fifth Street North between Third and Fourth avenues North.

Thursday

• Broadway will be closed to traffic between Second Avenue North and Fourth Avenue North.

• Third Avenue North will be closed to traffic between Broadway and Fifth Street North

• Fifth Street North will be closed to through traffic between Third and Fourth avenues North.

• No parking signs will be posted which will prohibit parking for Thursday evening on Second Avenue North between Broadway and Fifth Street North

Friday

• Second Avenue North will be closed from the west side of Broadway to Fifth Street North

• No parking signs will be posted which will prohibit parking on Friday evening on Fourth Avenue North between Roberts Street North and Fifth Street North and on Broadway from Fourth Avenue North to the rail road tracks (Fifth Avenue North).

Saturday

• Fourth Avenue North will be closed from Roberts Street North to Fifth Street North, and Broadway will be closed in the 400 Block (Fourth Avenue North to the railroad tracks). These roads will remain closed until the conclusion of the Saturday event.

MNLonghorn10
09-18-2013, 06:20 PM
the drop off/pick up location would be nice to know.

TransAmBison
09-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Will they be regularly shuttling people back?

HerdBot
09-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Will they be regularly shuttling people back?

That's kind of how a shuttle works I assume. They won't go back with an empty bus but who knows

TransAmBison
09-18-2013, 06:31 PM
I don't want to assume anything...

jimmyptubas
09-18-2013, 08:09 PM

This is how I read it at first and I was confused.

Bison bison
09-18-2013, 08:15 PM
not to be another bitchy bison fan, but do they have a non-sticky shuttle?

SDbison
09-18-2013, 08:50 PM
So can I park in my reserved tailgate spot at 5:30 am and walk over to ride the shuttle. Seems stupid to park twice plus have to drive though a full talgate lot later. Who decided tailgate lot opens at 7:00 am and shuttle starts at 5:30 am?????????? If they want to allow booze consumption later that should be fine, but wtf?????????

1st&TennBison
09-18-2013, 10:41 PM
UND supporters will probably pay some computer wiz to hack the bus computer system. Thus rerouting all the buses loaded with aprox 6 thousand Bison fans to El Forko for their next game, holding all the travelers hostage at the Tin Shed. Thus giving NDSU's own super heroes (Mr and Mrs TAB) a chance to spring into action. Mrs TAB will use her super sexy distraction powers to render the guards like slobbering zombies. And then Mr TAB will put them into the fetal position with his Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson looks, reflective sunglasses, and fuzzy yellow coat. After their release all the Bison fans will declare the day a national holiday and rename the Fargodome to TABDOME.

T-Funk
09-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I heard that the drop off/pick up location downtown will be Barry Hall.

CAS4127
09-19-2013, 03:49 PM
Sorry if posted b/4, but ESPN is actually paying for the shuttle service, which is pretty damn cool of them!!

roadwarrior
09-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Yes, Barry Hall is the downtown drop off location.

This was posted on the Fargodome facebook page:

All MATBUS routes will be free of charge on Saturday for those who would like to ride MATBUS to the game. Visit www.MATBUS.com for route information.

KilldeerBison
09-19-2013, 04:07 PM
UND supporters will probably pay some computer wiz to hack the bus computer system. Thus rerouting all the buses loaded with aprox 6 thousand Bison fans to El Forko for their next game, holding all the travelers hostage at the Tin Shed. Thus giving NDSU's own super heroes (Mr and Mrs TAB) a chance to spring into action. Mrs TAB will use her super sexy distraction powers to render the guards like slobbering zombies. And then Mr TAB will put them into the fetal position with his Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson looks, reflective sunglasses, and fuzzy yellow coat. After their release all the Bison fans will declare the day a national holiday and rename the Fargodome to TABDOME.

Don't forget about Mr. TAB requiring that every el'forko fan receive the obligatory Bison tattoo.

EndZoneQB
09-19-2013, 04:29 PM
Sorry if posted b/4, but ESPN is actually paying for the shuttle service, which is pretty damn cool of them!!

Definitely cool of them. It's pocket change compared to the money they are making on "us" this weekend so why not make it easier on us. I also saw they are paying for the security.

1st&TennBison
09-20-2013, 02:22 AM
Don't forget about Mr. TAB requiring that every el'forko fan receive the obligatory Bison tattoo.
On their foreheads no doubt.

1998braves64
09-20-2013, 04:14 AM
Maybe they can chip in a couple more pocket change million for BSA renovation!
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

IzzyFlexion
09-20-2013, 01:18 PM

Wow.....this would really eff up my itinerary.
But, just in case you're right Tenn, does anybody know how to cancel a room service champagne brunch at the Donaldson without being charged?

NFH Schlüssel
09-20-2013, 02:24 PM
But, just in case you're right Tenn, does anybody know how to cancel a room service champagne brunch at the Donaldson without being charged?

Wow! It sounds like you're paying more for room & board than you are for her!

IzzyFlexion
09-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Wow! It sounds like you're paying more for room & board than you are for her!

We all..........."PAY".................A LOT

Jeez.......can't believe I have to remind YOU of all people.

1st&TennBison
09-20-2013, 02:57 PM

If I were you I would go into the main lobby and walk up to the front desk clerk wearing a ski mask and pound on the desk with your fist and then start jumping on it. If that doesn't work I am completely out of ideas.

Mayville Bison
09-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Not sure if this was posted, but dropoff point downtown is

Downtown Fargo
=> Richard H. Barry Hall area at 10th Street and 2nd Avenue North (spectators will walk to the ESPN GameDay location from this point).