PDA

View Full Version : So what do we know about Delaware State?

tony
09-18-2013, 12:46 PM
I didn't watch the whole game they had against Delaware - only enough to see that their QB, Cory Murphy, is very elusive and a pretty good runner.

Also, their three games: Delaware, Towson, and NDSU! The only time you should see those three teams, one after another, is in the playoffs.

gumby013
09-18-2013, 01:17 PM
I went to the Towson game, and their QB really isn't a runner. He would scramble about in the pocket when feeling pressure, and do an ok job of avoiding the initial rush. But in doing so, he would also take his eyes off of the receivers down field. This led to him throwing late over the middle several times, and two picks resulted. There were many other close calls. If he didn't get a throw off, he would generally be cleaned up by the second wave of pass rushers.

I didn't see much in terms of designed QB runs. They did run a couple of zone rear type plays, but they may have been called handoffs, since the QB never kept the ball.

Now, in defense of DSU, Towson did have a very good pass rush. Solid push up the middle, and a couple of quick ends that turned the corner well when they had their ears pinned back.

bruinbison
09-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Ouch - #4 ranked Towson 49 Delaware State 7
http://www.dsuhornets.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=82271&SPID=5798&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209260513&DB_OEM_ID=12900

Video highlights for those who wish to study available there

http://www.dsuhornets.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=12900&id=3060009&ATCLPID=&ATCLID=209260513&SPSID=82271&SPID=5798&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=12900

Delaware 42 Delaware State 21

http://www.dsuhornets.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=82271&SPID=5798&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209254673&DB_OEM_ID=12900

video highlights also availabe there

http://www.dsuhornets.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=12900&id=3051633&ATCLPID=&ATCLID=209254673&SPSID=82271&SPID=5798&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=12900

gumby013
09-18-2013, 08:03 PM
First thing I saw in those videos was me...

No_Skill
09-19-2013, 02:28 AM
First thing I saw in those videos was me...

You look nothing like Dan Aykroyd.

1bizon1
09-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Really sad that so many are "forgetting" there is a game this weekend. Looking at their roster, they have some decent size on both sides of the line and good height at WR.

Mayville Bison
09-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Really sad that so many are "forgetting" there is a game this weekend. Looking at their roster, they have some decent size on both sides of the line and good height at WR.

I was just thinking that we might as well forget about posting anything related to the actual game on Saturday because I don't even know if it's in the back of our minds.

Rest assured, though, that CB and team have it taken care of.

gumby013
09-19-2013, 01:55 PM

I noted a lot of their size on the lines isn't the good kind. Their guts weren't Prairie View bad...but they did have guts.

17>1
09-19-2013, 03:22 PM

There's a game this Saturday? Huh, I should try to get tickets then.

admin
09-19-2013, 03:27 PM
The gobison.com preview doesn't even show the Delaware State two-deep.

Edit: The Delaware site had a two-deep for DSU: http://www.bluehens.com/fls/29100/pdf/fbnotes13-dsu.pdf

Their defensive line is huge on paper (looks like they run a 3-4 or something) - 305, 290, 290.

westnodak93bison
09-19-2013, 03:30 PM

Doesn't matter what we forget about. The team is doing their home work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

17>1
09-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Personally, and I know we as fans are absolutely not supposed to do this at all, I'm looking past Delaware St and focusing on SDSU. Oooooh that reminds me, I should try to get tickets for the SDSU game.

gumby013
09-19-2013, 03:36 PM
The gobison.com preview doesn't even show the Delaware State two-deep.

Here is the DSU weekly release. Their 2-deep is on page 14.

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf9/2541192.pdf?ATCLID=209263462&SPSID=82271&SPID=5798&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=12900

coloradobison
09-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Based on the stats from their first 2 games, they basically don't run at all...except with the QB.

gumby013
09-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Based on the stats from their first 2 games, they basically don't run at all...except with the QB.

Not really. They tried to run the ball with their RB's, but suck so bad at it that the eventually gave up. Their QB is the leading rusher with 52 yards in 2 games. From the Towson game, I didn't see any designed QB runs.

coloradobison
09-19-2013, 04:08 PM
they will likely get nothing from us on the ground either from the RB's and will have to throw it all over the place, plus they will be behind early. May be a good day for Marcus to move up the INT list. I did notice one of their DEs was 6'5 and 305, big fella...

tony
09-19-2013, 04:31 PM
they will likely get nothing from us on the ground either from the RB's and will have to throw it all over the place, plus they will be behind early. May be a good day for Marcus to move up the INT list. I did notice one of their DEs was 6'5 and 305, big fella...

The other DE is 300. The NG is a slim 290. (credit to gumby013 for finding the DSU two-deep.)

TateMosersneighbor
09-19-2013, 04:41 PM
They will be huffing and puffing by the 2nd quarter and will be down 27-7 at half. We win going away 57-13. Conditioning and our 2nd stringers will have them starting the bus about midway through the 3rd quarter. The QB won't like Kyle Emanuel much after this game.

Bison4ever56
09-19-2013, 10:49 PM
Here is the DSU weekly release. Their 2-deep is on page 14.

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf9/2...B_OEM_ID=12900

Let's be happy with our schedule this year... DSU 8 AWAY GAMES - 3 HOME?!?!

17>1
09-20-2013, 02:02 AM
Has there been a single DSU fan on Bisonville yet? Their team is visiting the College Gameday host school and no one has shown up over here to say a thing? Weak.

WYOBISONMAN
09-20-2013, 02:07 AM
Has there been a single DSU fan on Bisonville yet? Their team is visiting the College Gameday host school and no one has shown up over here to say a thing? Weak.

They don't even have a board!

gotts
09-20-2013, 02:11 AM

http://meacfanszone.proboards.com/

WYOBISONMAN
09-20-2013, 02:16 AM
http://meacfanszone.proboards.com/

Ah.....I stand corrected.

gotts
09-20-2013, 02:20 AM
Ah.....I stand corrected.

It's technically not their board, but it would be the place they'd talk football.

StL Bison Fan
09-20-2013, 02:50 AM
They have this: http://thehornetsnest.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=football.
Not very active and the color will blind you

GOBISON123
09-20-2013, 03:22 AM

Their fans are not proud of their team. I saw that when they announced that they are playing us, not a single Delaware State member replied or posted anything.

I got a feeling they would forfeit the game but only decided to show up to gain some Gameday publicity.

56BISON73
09-20-2013, 03:27 AM
Their fans are not proud of their team. I saw that when they announced that they are playing us, not a single Delaware State member replied or posted anything.

I got a feeling they would forfeit the game but only decided to show up to gain some Gameday publicity.

What does the fact that nobody from DSU posting on BV have to do with their football team? Plus why would DSU fans feel compelled to post on BV????

BisonCountry
09-20-2013, 03:40 AM
They are in Delaware?
http://www.dedleg.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/waynes_world_delaware.gif

StL Bison Fan
09-20-2013, 03:41 AM
They are in Delaware?
http://www.dedleg.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/waynes_world_delaware.gif

Good enough for me

17>1
09-20-2013, 03:46 AM
What does the fact that nobody from DSU posting on BV have to do with their football team? Plus why would DSU fans feel compelled to post on BV????

Better question. Why WOULDN'T a DSU fan feel compelled to post on BV??? Because, like the previous poster said, they're not proud of their team. I think it's odd not a single person has shown up to talk about what's going to go down on Saturday. If I had one of your face palm emoticons handy I'd use one.

BlueBisonRock
09-20-2013, 04:01 AM
:facepalm:
Better question. Why WOULDN'T a DSU fan feel compelled to post on BV??? Because, like the previous poster said, they're not proud of their team. I think it's odd not a single person has shown up to talk about what's going to go down on Saturday. If I had one of your face palm emoticons handy I'd use one.

Its easier to get a facepalm than to understand the difference between a free safety and the strong safety.

Click reply or reply with quote. click the single smiley above the text. select the facepalm. Or enter a colon ( : ) followed by the word facepalm or facepalm2 followed by a second colon. Give it a try. :facepalm: :facepalm2:

Best of luck to you as you move forward with your quotability.

17>1
09-20-2013, 04:07 AM
:facepalm:

Its easier to get a facepalm than to understand the difference between a free safety and the strong safety.

Click reply or reply with quote. click the single smiley above the text. select the facepalm. Or enter a colon ( : ) followed by the word facepalm or facepalm2 followed by a second colon. Give it a try. :facepalm: :facepalm2:

Best of luck to you as you move forward with your quotability.

CAS would agree with you on that first statement. And I appreciate the assistance, but I'll let PL use the face palm emoticons.

56BISON73
09-20-2013, 04:10 AM

I dont post on other teams message boards and certainly dont feel the need. Does that mean I am not proud of NDSU and the Bison?

Why would anyone from DSU know about BV? And why does anyone care that they arent posting here.

You do realize that a very small percentage of a teams fan base post on message boards? OPPS guess not.:facepalm:

BlueBisonRock
09-20-2013, 04:12 AM
I dont post on other teams message boards and certainly dont feel the need. Does that mean I am not proud of NDSU and the Bison?

Why would anyone from DSU know about BV? And why does anyone care that they arent posting here.

You do realize that a very small percentage of a teams fan base post on message boards? OPPS guess not.:facepalm:

Excellent use of the facepalm! And as I have discovered in conversations, you do understand the roles and responsibilities of the free and strong safety. Obviously, the complete package.

BisonFan02
09-20-2013, 04:24 AM
Excellent use of the facepalm! And as I have discovered in conversations, you do understand the roles and responsibilities of the free and strong safety. Obviously, the complete package.

Bisonville's Nickel defense or TAB out kicking his coverage?

BlueBisonRock
09-20-2013, 05:04 AM
Bisonville's Nickel defense or TAB out kicking his coverage?

Yes .

17>1
09-20-2013, 06:09 AM

You should try using a smiley face occasionally, because you and your face palms make you seem sad and grumpy.
And yeah, I do realize a small percentage of teams fans post on message boards, and my question was "Where are they?" Maybe on their own board sure. But put yourself in a DSU fans shoes for a minute. Their team is going to Fargo, to play the #1 team in the nation, and frikkin' Gameday is here. How does not a single fan Google search NDSU Bison fan forum and come talk about it? That's all I was curious about. If you want to reply and talk down to me and use another face palm then go nuts. I'll still sleep fine tonight.

Bookem
09-20-2013, 02:00 PM
You should try using a smiley face occasionally, because you and your face palms make you seem sad and grumpy.
And yeah, I do realize a small percentage of teams fans post on message boards, and my question was "Where are they?" Maybe on their own board sure. But put yourself in a DSU fans shoes for a minute. Their team is going to Fargo, to play the #1 team in the nation, and frikkin' Gameday is here. How does not a single fan Google search NDSU Bison fan forum and come talk about it? That's all I was curious about. If you want to reply and talk down to me and use another face palm then go nuts. I'll still sleep fine tonight.

You guys are all assuming they have fans..........................................:fac epalm:

JSUBison
09-20-2013, 02:22 PM

DSUrocks has posted on bisonville before, he also posts at AGS. And even if he hadn't WGAS? What a weird take on fan loyalty.

devin45k
09-20-2013, 02:26 PM
I have only heard one thing from a DSU fan all week and he called us the Jackrabbits.

totoinfl
09-20-2013, 02:26 PM
DSU is bad...their defense is worse than their offense which is bad. Delaware put 42 on them and then turned around and almost got shut out by Navy. If the Bison don't put 50 up in this game...its because the foot is off the pedal early.

CAS4127
09-20-2013, 02:29 PM
I am actually a bit surprised that we have not heard from one DSU fan here this week. Every team has at least one loyal, unyielding fan that is a constant. Also, when fans of other teams post here, it normally results in more information for us about the opposing team, which is something I like.

That said: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Notice how many :facepalm: I put in?!?!?! :biggrin:

Bison Gal
09-20-2013, 02:35 PM
I believe there has only been one DSU fan that posted on ESPN game board. Although those boards are much slower this year since people now have to use their Facebook account to post comments.

NFH Schlüssel
09-20-2013, 02:36 PM
The Hornets don't have very many fans... they avg just over 3000 for their home games. On the other hand, they do have an equestrian "team"!

1st&TennBison
09-20-2013, 02:38 PM
I am actually a bit surprised that we have not heard from one DSU fan here this week. Every team has at least one loyal, unyielding fan that is a constant. Also, when fans of other teams post here, it normally results in more information for us about the opposing team, which is something I like.

That said: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

All the starters and the head coach ????

CAS4127
09-20-2013, 02:41 PM
All the starters and the head coach ????

Whoops, I thought I was in the Brock Jensen thread<--he turned 23 yesterday.

17>1
09-20-2013, 03:38 PM
DSUrocks has posted on bisonville before, he also posts at AGS. And even if he hadn't WGAS? What a weird take on fan loyalty.

The point of my posts were not to determine a fans loyalty by how many message board visits or posts a fan makes. I guess I was just wondering out loud why there's virtually zero activity from DSU fans on here under these circumstances. And don't play the WGAS? card here. A lot of people could ask WGAS? about the majority of stuff posted on Bisonville.

17>1
09-20-2013, 03:41 PM

Haha. PL is wearing off on you I see. And I'm glad to see someone understood what I was talking about.

56BISON73
09-20-2013, 04:38 PM

I think you are making a lot of preceived assumptions about an opposing team based on a lack of visitors to BV. Whicjh make no sense to me. But hey thats me. Other than that I surely wasnt talking down to you.:)(better):biggrin:

But if you remember correctly it was you who brought up the face palm----" If I had one of your face palm emoticons handy I'd use one." :biggrin:

On another note why dont you come to the pizza party tonight.

1st&TennBison
09-20-2013, 05:49 PM
Whoops, I thought I was in the Brock Jensen thread<--he turned 23 yesterday.
Yeah, there was a big party, Taylor Swift was there.

TransAmBison
09-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Yeah, there was a big party, Taylor Swift was there.There will be a song shortly I'm sure. :D

1st&TennBison
09-20-2013, 09:54 PM
There will be a song shortly I'm sure. :D
I'm sure the opening line to the song will be something like," BROCK............ YOU BROKE MY HEART...........DIE EFFER"

17>1
09-20-2013, 10:45 PM
I think you are making a lot of preceived assumptions about an opposing team based on a lack of visitors to BV. Whicjh make no sense to me. But hey thats me. Other than that I surely wasnt talking down to you.:)(better):biggrin:

But if you remember correctly it was you who brought up the face palm----" If I had one of your face palm emoticons handy I'd use one." :biggrin:

On another note why dont you come to the pizza party tonight.

Haha, I'm not making assumptions at all about the Hornets. Not sure how much more clear I can be that I'm referring to their fans, or the lack thereof. But whatever, no use bickering over this. Thanks for the pizza invite, but I've gotta work tonight.

DSUrocks07
09-21-2013, 09:30 PM
To answer the OP, that we're horrible this year. Although the schedule played a role as well.