PDA

View Full Version : Gameday: The More the merrier?

GOBISON123
09-17-2013, 09:45 PM
There is a rumor going around that UND fans are planning to disrupt the Gameday in downtown. Hope I am wrong, We need to show up in full force.

TAILG8R
09-17-2013, 09:46 PM
There is a rumor going around that UND fans are planning to disrupt the Gameday in downtown. Hope I am wrong, We need to show up in full force.

Meh, 50 UN_ fans will be overpowered quickly by thousands of NDSU fans.

CaBisonFan
09-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Yeah...they want to bring some undie signs downtown. It'll look small, if it's visible at all.

BadlandsBison
09-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Rumor? Of course they'll be there, so what. Anyone can show up. There will probably be a Rasmussen Business college flag, whatevs let'em have their fun

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

ZHerd
09-17-2013, 10:56 PM
Ha...the und lawsiouxts don't even have a name any more. Kinda limits their sign options.

1st&TennBison
09-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Meh, 50 UN_ fans will be overpowered quickly by thousands of NDSU fans.

So your saying that all their season ticket holders are making the trip.

roadwarrior
09-17-2013, 11:13 PM
They are driving down in the helmet car and in less than 30 minutes.

Tatanka
09-17-2013, 11:18 PM
They are driving down in the helmet car and in less than 30 minutes.

50 of them? well that means only 42 of them will actually be there in person, the others will be online-only.

and I find it hard to believe that if only 30 of them make it across campus to a home game, that 50 can make it all the way to Fargo. I'm betting they get to Thompson and call it quits.

IzzyFlexion
09-17-2013, 11:19 PM
Yeah...they want to bring some undie signs downtown. It'll look small, if it's visible at all. http://cristal.inria.fr/~harley/ecdl3/pics/butthead.gif

heckler
09-17-2013, 11:23 PM
Let them come and cheer on the Bison.

Bison bison
09-17-2013, 11:27 PM
it's going to be pretty cold on saturday morning. don't know if they'll make it without flip flops. that's if they don't get stuck in an elevator for five minutes and piss themselves or passout from alcohol.

BisonTeacher
09-17-2013, 11:36 PM
I thought I posted this earlier buy Maybe I didnt hit the post button.

Will espn let them in with flags having logos that are deemed offensive by the NCAA?

jimmyptubas
09-17-2013, 11:38 PM
I thought I posted this earlier buy Maybe I didnt hit the post button.

Will espn let them in with flags having logos that are deemed offensive by the NCAA?

the fact that their logo is offensive might not matter to ESPN, but the fact that they're wearing a different color might be enough just to not show them

Bison bison
09-17-2013, 11:39 PM

BUttHockey!

BisonTeacher
09-17-2013, 11:43 PM
the fact that their logo is offensive might not matter to ESPN, but the fact that they're wearing a different color might be enough just to not show them

Thats my point...would the NCAA make sure espn is aware of the logo controversy (in case they arent) just to make sure they don't show it on TV. Now that I think about it...they show fans on TV during teh hockey games wearing the jerseys don't they?

bisonaudit
09-18-2013, 12:40 AM
I've seen their hockey sweaters in the crowd on gameday before.

loudsilverado
09-18-2013, 12:42 AM
There is a thread on egriz about MSU Bobcats fans wanting to have flags at our gameday too.

Bison03
09-18-2013, 12:44 AM
This weeks game day is celebrating all FCS along with us. I won't be offended if their are other schools fans there from other FCS schools......as long as its not UN_

NDSUBowler
09-18-2013, 12:53 AM
Thats my point...would the NCAA make sure espn is aware of the logo controversy (in case they arent) just to make sure they don't show it on TV. Now that I think about it...they show fans on TV during teh hockey games wearing the jerseys don't they?
If ESPN will allow a sign that says PENIS 4 times on it then they will allow the UND logo.

MAKBison
09-18-2013, 12:59 AM
Gamedays typically shows fans form different places...its no big deal. However, If you want to block them just show up...they cant get on camera if they are standing 4 blocks back.

bandit218
09-18-2013, 01:37 AM
50 of them? well that means only 42 of them will actually be there in person, the others will be online-only.

and I find it hard to believe that if only 30 of them make it across campus to a home game, that 50 can make it all the way to Fargo. I'm betting they get to Thompson and call it quits.

It just seems like 30 because the camera adds a few pounds. The way Max Media covered the Griz game you would never be able to tell if those were blow up dolls or not.

ALPHAGRIZ1
09-18-2013, 02:03 AM
I know there was at least one blow up doll in Grand Forks last weekend.................when we were leaving we walked by a guy being intimate to one in the parking lot. He keep telling the doll to whisper in his ear that he was relevant and was a winner. We thought it was an MSU fan at first but he was wearing a hockey sweater when we got closer.

Either way it was pretty weird.

gotts
09-18-2013, 02:07 AM
I know there was at least one blow up doll in Grand Forks last weekend.................when we were leaving we walked by a guy being intimate to one in the parking lot. He keep telling the doll to whisper in his ear that he was relevant and was a winner. We thought it was an MSU fan at first but he was wearing a hockey sweater when we got closer.

Either way it was pretty weird.

I heard rumors about the Hakstol peepshow...

AjaxTheMighty
09-18-2013, 04:24 AM
Over or under? 1 fight breaks out between NDSU fans and UN_ interlopers.

56BISON73
09-18-2013, 04:25 AM

:facepalm::facepalm:

WYOBISONMAN
09-18-2013, 04:26 AM
Whoiux fans won't show........they are all huddled in the bunker trying to figure out what the hell to do with The Muss......

Thundering Herd
09-18-2013, 04:38 AM
bring lots of yellow spray paint and keep your eyes peeled for smug-looking bastards wearing loafers and cardigans...

gotts
09-18-2013, 01:03 PM
bring lots of yellow spray paint and keep your eyes peeled for smug-looking bastards wearing loafers and cardigans...

...but exempt the ones wearing sweatpants!

BisonTeacher
09-18-2013, 01:05 PM
...but exempt the ones wearing sweatpants!

I was thinking the same. Doesnt Slick wear loafers?

bisonmike2
09-18-2013, 02:39 PM
If they want to bring 50 fans down, more power to them. It will just add to the attendance and the bigger the crowd, the larger our following will appear. Do I care if they wave a UN_ flag in the crowd? No. There's talk of Bobcat fans showing up too. Good. Keep on coming. Let's flood Fargo with FCS fans. I would love it if we got fans from all over our conference to show up. Let's show ESPN that there is a following for FCS football and that our fans are passionate. Then maybe instead of them airing a high school football game on Friday night with 2 teams I could care less about, we might get some primetime FCS matchups. And trust me, nobody watching from home is going to see the crowd and say "oh man, did you see that group of 40 or so UN_ fans. Oh man, they really trolled NDSU bad!" No, they are going to say, "holy shit! did you see how many people showed up for gameday in Fargo!"

Green1
09-18-2013, 02:43 PM
If they want to bring 50 fans down, more power to them. It will just add to the attendance and the bigger the crowd, the larger our following will appear. Do I care if they wave a UN_ flag in the crowd? No. There's talk of Bobcat fans showing up too. Good. Keep on coming. Let's flood Fargo with FCS fans. I would love it if we got fans from all over our conference to show up. Let's show ESPN that there is a following for FCS football and that our fans are passionate. Then maybe instead of them airing a high school football game on Friday night with 2 teams I could care less about, we might get some primetime FCS matchups. And trust me, nobody watching from home is going to see the crowd and say "oh man, did you see that group of 40 or so UN_ fans. Oh man, they really trolled NDSU bad!" No, they are going to say, "holy shit! did you see how many people showed up for gameday in Fargo!"

Totally agree.

Hammerhead
09-18-2013, 02:49 PM
I'll be disappointed if I don't see some Cobbers, Dragons, Whioux, Jimmies, Huskies, et al. in the crowd.

Bison 4 Life
09-18-2013, 02:52 PM

This. This is happening in Fargo. They will talk about NDSU and Fargo like crazy. That Fargo sign will be in the background the whole time. Let ANYBODY come and enjoy the glory of Gameday but they will not be in Bozeman, Grand Forks, Missoula, Brookings, anywhere else but FARGO.

WYOBISONMAN
09-18-2013, 02:58 PM

The more FCS teams represented the better. You are dead on with this.

Tatanka
09-18-2013, 03:05 PM
Please for the love of all that is good in the world, do NOT participate in any "sioux suck" or similar chants. The local media will be BEGGING for this kind of negative publicity for NDSU.

Bisonfan1
09-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Please for the love of all that is good in the world, do NOT participate in any "sioux suck" or similar chants. The local media will be BEGGING for this kind of negative publicity for NDSU.

Right on ! keep it classy.

tony
09-18-2013, 03:11 PM
The more people that show up, the better.

Since I don't want to give the folks at KFGO another "Bison fans are f**king morons, let's mock them" talking point - which seems to be their angle on every damn thing, I thought about hiding/deleting this thread.

And, btw, I can see why people would get upset about the downtown location, even though I didn't think it was worth complaining about because while Bison fans can travel in huge hordes, one thing we can't do is BE IN TWO PLACES AT THE SAME TIME.

BisonNation11
09-18-2013, 03:34 PM
The more people that show up, the better.

Since I don't want to give the folks at KFGO another "Bison fans are f**king morons, let's mock them" talking point - which seems to be their angle on every damn thing, I thought about hiding/deleting this thread.

And, btw, I can see why people would get upset about the downtown location, even though I didn't think it was worth complaining about because while Bison fans can travel in huge hordes, we can't do is BE IN TWO PLACES AT THE SAME TIME.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! No big deal though, just inconvenient. Delete the thread so I don't tell people to silly string the UN_ hosers downtown... Ooops... :biggrin:

runtheoption
09-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Bring 'em, whioux cares. The more, the merrier.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Bring 'em, whioux cares. The more, the merrier.

Yah,

but they still suck.

KilldeerBison
09-18-2013, 03:47 PM

Wouldn't be surprised to have an irate whioux supporter try and start this?

THEsocalledfan
09-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Not sure the best thread to put this in, but this seemed good because it is an Gameday thread and a UND thread.

I could not resist snooping over at SS.com which, honestly, I have done less and less through the years. I knew they would be green with envy, and while they clearly are envious, they sure see it from a less biased more rationale perspective than all of us. Even some insightful stuff, believe it or not:

From Siouxperfan7:

"So we just get blown out at home in probably the worst home loss in decades and everyone is calling for the coaches head and ESPN College Gameday is going to Fargo to talk about the two time defending FCS National Championship NDSU Bison. The gap between the two programs could not be further apart!!"

"I guess with 2 loses in the last 2 years and 2 Championships to boot, Bison football fans need something to complain about!! What's next, complaining that the championship banner at the Fargodome is getting to cluttered all the years they kepp having to put on it?!!! :)"

From westsidesioux:

"What should some of the posters in the background say? I'll start. "Can You Sign My Petition?" (I admit, I laughed out loud.)

From Oxbox6:

"No doubt. This is only the 4th non-FBS site ever picked by Gameday. Win a couple FCS nattys and they all think they are 'Bama...oh wait that has already been hashed out. :glare: Basically to all the AC fans complaining...shut up! You should be grateful!"

By the way, oxbox, "We are 'Bama."

http://dejareviewer.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/tony-stark-i-am-iron-man.jpg

JMB
09-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Actually I think the "Can you sign my petition?" is a hilarious sign.

HerdBot
09-18-2013, 05:14 PM

I'm with Tatanka on this... that would be bullshit

gumby013
09-18-2013, 05:15 PM
From Siouxperfan7:

What's next, complaining that the championship banner at the Fargodome is getting to cluttered all the years they kepp having to put on it?!!! :)"

You know...we could use more room on the banner. Make the numbers a bit larger too.

HerdBot
09-18-2013, 05:16 PM
You know...we could use more room on the banner. Make the numbers a bit larger too.

and it's expensive to keep changing out graphics on those buses with the additional championships! Fuck that sucks! :)

BisonTeacher
09-18-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm with Tatanka on this... that would be bullshit

Agreed. We need to keep this about NDSU this weekend. But I love the hitler youth post that said...Why would they say Sioux Suck?

Because you do indeed suck. :biggrin:

tony
09-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Changed the thread title.

Bison03
09-18-2013, 06:09 PM

I tend to agree. No worries aobut other teams fans there. There prescence will be overwhelmed with Bison fans on tv. I will welcome them. This is obviously recognition to NDSU, no doubt about it. It is also a recognition to the FCS. Lets celebrate the rest of the FCS: 5%, NDSU: 95%.

Tatanka
09-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to have an irate whioux supporter try and start this?
This would not shock me in the least.

badger04
09-18-2013, 06:52 PM
i hope the Washington State flag makes an appearance!!!

Mayville Bison
09-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Fowler calling for the Troll to make an appearance?

http://peterson.areavoices.com/2013/09/18/the-ugliest-traveling-trophy-in-college-football-could-make-an-appearance-on-espn/

aces1180
09-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Fowler calling for the Troll to make an appearance?

http://peterson.areavoices.com/2013/09/18/the-ugliest-traveling-trophy-in-college-football-could-make-an-appearance-on-espn/

McFeely will be there.

1st&TennBison
09-18-2013, 09:42 PM
McFooly will be there.

FIFY, just saying.

Hammersmith
09-18-2013, 10:44 PM
You hear a Sioux Suck chant or someone starts a Here We Go Bison(will always include a SS) there's an easy fix. Do what we do at the games and immediately start a Let's Go Bison chant. Drown that f***er out before it gets going.

1st&TennBison
09-18-2013, 10:59 PM
You hear a Sioux Suck chant or someone starts a Here We Go Bison(will always include a SS) there's an easy fix. Do what we do at the games and immediately start a Let's Go Bison chant. Drown that f***er out before it gets going.
Listening to XM radios college football show today. All they talked about was Nebraska's football because of the coach making a ill advised statement a few years ago that just came out. When it came to the topic of the Nebraska fans, all the hosts talked about was how great the fans are to the other team and their fans, saying they were top notch. Like how they showed respect to UCLA for the kid who died in the hit and run.
Now I have a dislike for UND fans, and most thing UN_ when it comes to their football. But no reason to seem petty and childish on ESPN Gameday. It will be nothing but bad publicity on national TV. You wanna hate on UN_, I say go right ahead just don't air it out in front of a national audience.

80ALUM
09-18-2013, 11:34 PM
UND fans can show up but they will always know we were the school selected by ESPN!:biggrin: