PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know if we have an actual game this weekend?

stevdock
09-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Everything else is all about TV and tailgating. Wanna maybe talk some football also?? I'm very interested to see if we continue to have issues on defense or if they have been cleaned up. Is Haeg healthy??

Let's please talk about some football too on this board.

tjbison
09-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Everything else is all about TV and tailgating. Wanna maybe talk some football also?? I'm very interested to see if we continue to have issues on defense or if they have been cleaned up. Is Haeg healthy??

think Bohl said on feedback last night we are healed up

heffray
09-17-2013, 05:24 PM

I've heard Bohl and company are considering boycotting the football game as well in light of "Gameday Location-Gate." So, that sucks, but can you blame them?

devin45k
09-17-2013, 05:24 PM
What are Delaware State's Strengths and weaknesses?

Bison 4 Life
09-17-2013, 05:26 PM
What are Delaware State's Strengths and weaknesses?

Strength - The balls to come to play NDSU unlike Western Carolina or Montana State

Weaknesses - everything else

Ultra weaknesses - Crazy MEAC color scheme.

GradBison
09-17-2013, 05:29 PM

Here ya go: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31100-Delaware-State

Some good info there.

gumby013
09-17-2013, 05:29 PM
I was at Towson to watch them play DSU last night. Here's some of my observations on DSU. Towson won 49-7.

Offense - Shotgun based with lots of middle runs and short passes over the middle. Not a hurry up team.

QB - Strong arm, but gets rattled with the slightest amount of pressure. Quits looking down field once he sees a rusher beating a block. When panicked, will throw late balls over the middle, leading to picks.

Receivers - All looked rather thin. They all had "Brian Bell Legs." Did an ok job of catching the ball, but didn't show much for breakaway speed.

O Line - Got beat constantly. Only one that seemed to have any promise was the center.

Running Backs - Not good. Didn't hit holes with any conviction. This may have been due to the O Line getting blown off the ball every time though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defense - 3-4 base with mostly zone behind that. Very slow to the edges, despite being a 3-4.

D-Line - Not a lot of push , and didn't do an effective job of occupying blocks like a 3-4 line should.

Linebackers - Slow. Did a poor job of covering the edges. Were often in the wrong gaps and were very susceptible to play action.

D-Backs - Actually did an OK job. Tackles weren't bad and most of the coverage breakdowns were the result of linebackers being out of position.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Punter - Solid hang time and distance, but is slow to get kicks off. Several kicks were almost blocked.

Kicker - Solid distance and accuracy.

Converge Teams - Awful. Just awful.

devin45k
09-17-2013, 05:36 PM
^^^^^

Did sport the NDSU gear?

Hopefully, NDSU's run defense can regroup and get back to their normal form.

BisonNation11
09-17-2013, 05:43 PM
^^^^^

Did sport the NDSU gear?

I think NDSU expected them to pass more than they did. I think they figured they would stop the run and defend the pass. Well, the opposite happened and I don't think they game planned for it. Bend don't break. I'm ok with the performance two weeks ago. Everyone is healthy except Champion.

gumby013
09-17-2013, 05:45 PM
^^^^^

Did sport the NDSU gear?

I was wearing full Bison gear to the Towson DSU game.

EndZoneQB
09-17-2013, 05:52 PM
I think NDSU expected them to pass more than they did. I think they figured they would stop the run and defend the pass. Well, the opposite happened and I don't think they game planned for it. Bend don't break. I'm ok with the performance two weeks ago. Everyone is healthy except Champion.

Listen. I know this is going to get some criticism, but do you REALLY think they put a ton of time into figuring out how to stop Ferris State? I know the "right" answer is "Yes, of course they did!" but let's be real here. You and I both know that they have been installing stuff for SDSU/UNI since the day after the K-State game. Should we be doing that? At this point, hell yes. This team is so experienced, there isn't much they haven't seen yet. I expect drubbings of SDSU and UNI with the multiple weeks to prepare.

devin45k
09-17-2013, 05:53 PM
I think Ferris State must have a bigger fan base. I saw numerous tweets from Ferris State fans. I have only see one from a Delaware State fan and he originally called us the Jackrabbits.

CAS4127
09-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Listen. I know this is going to get some criticism, but do you REALLY think they put a ton of time into figuring out how to stop Ferris State? I know the "right" answer is "Yes, of course they did!" but let's be real here. You and I both know that they have been installing stuff for SDSU/UNI since the day after the K-State game. Should we be doing that? At this point, hell yes. This team is so experienced, there isn't much they haven't seen yet. I expect drubbings of SDSU and UNI with the multiple weeks to prepare.

Yes, and they did not spend time on SDSU or UNI during the week of prep. They may have done some work during the bye week (last week) on conference opponents, but not during game-week-->doesn't happen at NDSU. IMO, it was the effort, not the preparation that accounted for poor run defense.

gumby013
09-17-2013, 05:57 PM
I think Ferris State must have a bigger fan base. I saw numerous tweets from Ferris State fans. I have only see one from a Delaware State fan and he originally called us the Jackrabbits.

Delaware State had maybe 100-150 fans at the Towson game, and it's less than a 2 hour drive between the two campuses.

Hammerhead
09-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Of the DSU home games last year that had an attendance figure in the box score, avg. attendance was 3792 with a high of 6172 and low of 2249. It's not surprising that they will have few fans in Fargo.

MNLonghorn10
09-17-2013, 06:18 PM

Bison lose 52-10

ZHerd
09-17-2013, 06:33 PM
I was wearing full Bison gear to the Towson DSU game.

What kind of reaction did you get?

gumby013
09-17-2013, 06:34 PM
What kind of reaction did you get?

None really. I saw a couple looks where people recognized that I didn't belong there...but other than that, nothing.

runtheoption
09-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Listen. I know this is going to get some criticism, but do you REALLY think they put a ton of time into figuring out how to stop Ferris State? I know the "right" answer is "Yes, of course they did!" but let's be real here. You and I both know that they have been installing stuff for SDSU/UNI since the day after the K-State game. Should we be doing that? At this point, hell yes. This team is so experienced, there isn't much they haven't seen yet. I expect drubbings of SDSU and UNI with the multiple weeks to prepare. If this is true that Bohl and staff have been focusing on SDSU/UNI since the K-State game, then I wonder how prepared SDSU will be. With SDSU focusing on the games at hand (UN_, SELA, and Nebraska), and then really only preparing for NDSU for 1 week, well then that is a major advantage to us.

As far as our game against Delaware St., well..."We're just happy to be here." Probably pretty boring for the casual fan. The diehards will enjoy watching all our backups getting some quality playing time. We (fans) are overlooking DSU because we can, but the team will probably be locked in like usual.

bison_by_blood
09-17-2013, 06:59 PM
I was at Towson to watch them play DSU last night. Here's some of my observations on DSU. Towson won 49-7.

Offense - Shotgun based with lots of middle runs and short passes over the middle. Not a hurry up team.

QB - Strong arm, but gets rattled with the slightest amount of pressure. Quits looking down field once he sees a rusher beating a block. When panicked, will throw late balls over the middle, leading to picks.

Receivers - All looked rather thin. They all had "Brian Bell Legs." Did an ok job of catching the ball, but didn't show much for breakaway speed.

O Line - Got beat constantly. Only one that seemed to have any promise was the center.

Running Backs - Not good. Didn't hit holes with any conviction. This may have been due to the O Line getting blown off the ball every time though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defense - 3-4 base with mostly zone behind that. Very slow to the edges, despite being a 3-4.

D-Line - Not a lot of push , and didn't do an effective job of occupying blocks like a 3-4 line should.

Linebackers - Slow. Did a poor job of covering the edges. Were often in the wrong gaps and were very susceptible to play action.

D-Backs - Actually did an OK job. Tackles weren't bad and most of the coverage breakdowns were the result of linebackers being out of position.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Punter - Solid hang time and distance, but is slow to get kicks off. Several kicks were almost blocked.

Kicker - Solid distance and accuracy.

Converge Teams - Awful. Just awful.

Would expect a similar score this weekend. While it's fresh, I'd be more interested in some good analysis on Towson. Watched the 2nd half of there Week 1 win over UConn and I was pretty impressed. Someone that we may have to contend with come playoff time?

EndZoneQB
09-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Yes, and they did not spend time on SDSU or UNI during the week of prep. They may have done some work during the bye week (last week) on conference opponents, but not during game-week-->doesn't happen at NDSU. IMO, it was the effort, not the preparation that accounted for poor run defense.

Ok, maybe my presentation was wrong. They might not have been installing it "for" SDSU/UNI, but it's pretty easy to generalize why you're working on certain things, ya know?

I'm not trying to suggest they didn't take Ferris State seriously, because I know they did.

56BISON73
09-18-2013, 05:46 AM

NO NO NO NO NO the location of College Game Day is much more important.:biggrin: