PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if you guys have heard...

heffray
09-17-2013, 12:59 PM
...But apparently some network called E.S.P.M or something like that is going to be broadcasting a television show before this Saturday's game vs. Delaware St. I know what you're thinking: "That's great, we'll take a little publicity." Well I have bad news for you. They are filming this television show from downtown Fargo, a no where NEAR the dome.

I have some thoughts on this, and I'm so grateful for an online forum like this where I can share my thoughts without fear of being mocked and ridiculed because of my opinions:

1. This E.S.P.M network or whoever they are should just stay home. They obviously have no BIG TIME EVENT experience, are probably from out east, and are not to be trusted. Who knows what kind of leftist-political agenda they have.
2. Even if we do get a little publicity out of this deal, it is far from harmless. People will look at the broadcast and see the downtown buildings behind the screaming fans and think, "I don't want to go to school at a street fair." We don't want that. They won't even see the words "FARGODOME" anywhere in the shot, how will they have any idea who we are?
3. I have heard some rumors that people will be boycotting attending this show. I say the opposite. I say show up with the fury of the midwest. Lets throw produce, hurl obscenities at them, and make lots of clever signs about how much we think it sucks that they are here. Then they'll understand what kind of high standards they are up against.

Well, wow. I feel much better now. Thanks for reading, guys!

Trumpster
09-17-2013, 01:02 PM
Obligatory mention that we already have too many threads on this.

bisonaudit
09-17-2013, 02:28 PM
...But apparently some network called E.S.P.M or something like that is going to be broadcasting a television show before this Saturday's game vs. Delaware St. I know what you're thinking: "That's great, we'll take a little publicity." Well I have bad news for you. They are filming this television show from downtown Fargo, a no where NEAR the dome.

I have some thoughts on this, and I'm so grateful for an online forum like this where I can share my thoughts without fear of being mocked and ridiculed because of my opinions:

1. This E.S.P.M network or whoever they are should just stay home. They obviously have no BIG TIME EVENT experience, are probably from out east, and are not to be trusted. Who knows what kind of leftist-political agenda they have.
2. Even if we do get a little publicity out of this deal, it is far from harmless. People will look at the broadcast and see the downtown buildings behind the screaming fans and think, "I don't want to go to school at a street fair." We don't want that. They won't even see the words "FARGODOME" anywhere in the shot, how will they have any idea who we are?
3. I have heard some rumors that people will be boycotting attending this show. I say the opposite. I say show up with the fury of the midwest. Lets throw produce, hurl obscenities at them, and make lots of clever signs about how much we think it sucks that they are here. Then they'll understand what kind of high standards they are up against.

Well, wow. I feel much better now. Thanks for reading, guys!

Unfortunately, I appear to be out of Rep.

HerdBot
09-17-2013, 02:36 PM
The word EPIC is thrown around loosely but this is the epitome of epic! This was supposed to be the" lame game on the schedule!"
Ha ha this season as a whole has been EPIC and we haven't even started conference play! Damn as Ice Cube says, today is a good day.

heffray
09-17-2013, 05:21 PM
The word EPIC is thrown around loosely but this is the epitome of epic! This was supposed to be the" lame game on the schedule!"
Ha ha this season as a whole has been EPIC and we haven't even started conference play! Damn as Ice Cube says, today is a good day.

I have no idea how you can possibly say this is epic. They're shooting their television show from Downtown Fargo. Downtown Fargo, gabe. The people watching on TV won't have any idea there is even a football game going on later. They'll look at the Fargo Theatre and think, "Hey, maybe we should check Fandango and see what's playing for a Matinée. Thanks for the suggestion, ESPM!" Then if they keep watching they'll think that NDSU is primarily a Liberal Arts School with an emphasis in Theater!

This is BAD, folks. REAL BAD.