PDA

View Full Version : Gameday Producer Lee Fitting throws down attendance challange

MAKBison
09-17-2013, 06:25 AM
Dom interviewed Gameday Producer Lee Fitting and Lee explains his decision for the DT location.....it makes sense! Lee also talks about how the show helps recruiting. Thus, I say break the record and squeeze even more publicity out of this.

Think of the cool headlines that could be.

http://bcove.me/vlb76p35

BisonTeacher
09-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Thanks for posting. Totally made my day.

gumby013
09-17-2013, 12:13 PM
18K is the record. Missouri in 2010.

bisonhp330
09-17-2013, 12:21 PM
backdrop makes sense- still going to be a nightmare to get there and back

HerdBot
09-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Love that guy. Feel like a d bag for ripping the location. Let's set the record while packing the tailgating lots and the best into in the nation

Bison 4 Life
09-17-2013, 01:03 PM
I have to say as a Fargo native who grew up in the 70's and 80's, to have someone say the downtown looks great is awesome. Before the Broadway revitalization project downtown was a total turd. Those glass awnings and closed businesses (anyone remember the Broadway Theater?) were ugly and frankly a little scary.

Good job Fargo for making something that is worthy of showing off to the nation.

MrSnuffleupagus
09-17-2013, 01:44 PM
After hearing this...I'm not too upset about the location now. Only thing that kind of stinks is the transportaion to and from, but oh well.

Gully
09-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Now that everyone is a bit calmer, I have a question.

I keep hearing that they want a record but then I hear they'll limit the "pit" to 2-3 thousand. Where will all the other people be and how will they know it's a record?
#confused

jtownbisonfan
09-17-2013, 01:53 PM
This should make everyone get excited about GameDay again! These guys are genuinely excited to come and showcase Fargo and NDSU. I'm pumped.

thebigund
09-17-2013, 01:55 PM
You should listen to your friend Lee Fitting, he's a cool dude.

ALPHAGRIZ1
09-17-2013, 01:56 PM
ESPN Sheep.................................

Bison"FANatic"
09-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Figures the Montana guy bringing up Sheep :):)

HerdBot
09-17-2013, 02:00 PM
My only concern is this.
What if everybody goes downtown and you can't see everyone in the camera shot but when they go live to the dome tailgating it's empty? That may look bad too

Personally if we can get 5k students there it would be awesome to fill it up. They typically don't get in line as early anyway

ALPHAGRIZ1
09-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Figures the Montana guy bringing up Sheep :):)

Maybe I know a thing or two about Wyoming?

ndsubison1
09-17-2013, 02:04 PM
after reading comments on facebook and twitter there's a lot of hate out there for Gameday choosing to come to Fargo. Lets pack downtown!

Gully
09-17-2013, 02:05 PM
after reading comments on facebook and twitter there's a lot of hate out there for Gameday choosing to come to Fargo. Lets pack downtown!

I think the tune has changed significantly starting yesterday late afternoon / early evening.

HerdBot
09-17-2013, 02:09 PM

Haters is extreme. We just care a lot. We no longer have the D2 mentality "oh were just Fargo so we should settle" mentality. That's the Bison culture. We do everything BIG and perfect. I get more pissed when people expect me or others to feel a certain way. This is new to all of us. Believe me us "haters" are grateful as hell!! go Bison. Go ESPN.

devin45k
09-17-2013, 02:12 PM
Lets fill this place up and lets show the arrogant FBS fans what Bison Nation is all about!

tjamz
09-17-2013, 02:13 PM
My only concern is this.
What if everybody goes downtown and you can't see everyone in the camera shot but when they go live to the dome tailgating it's empty? That may look bad too

Personally if we can get 5k students there it would be awesome to fill it up. They typically don't get in line as early anyway

I share those concerns. That is my only REAL concern at this time.

ndsubison1
09-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Haters is extreme. We just care a lot. We no longer have the D2 mentality "oh were just Fargo so we should settle" mentality. That's the Bison culture. We do everything BIG and perfect. I get more pissed when people expect me or others to feel a certain way. This is new to all of us. Believe me us "haters" are grateful as hell!! go Bison. Go ESPN.

im not talking about bison fans.

BadlandsBison
09-17-2013, 02:17 PM
1 on 1 interview with Mack Brown this weekend. That should be everything but awkward!

AKBison
Here to eat crow after listening to that as it makes more sense on why the chose the downtown location. This will still be a logistical nightmare for fans and students though.

tjamz
im not talking about bison fans.

Yeah, on the CGD facebook page there were a lot of "WTF? Why do you want to go there?" "This is going to be boring!" "Seriously FBS turd is playing FBS douche this weekend and you are going to Hicksville Fargo, ND!"

ndsubison1
09-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Yeah, on the CGD facebook page there were a lot of "WTF? Why do you want to go there?" "This is going to be boring!" "Seriously FBS turd is playing FBS douche this weekend and you are going to Hicksville Fargo, ND!"

pretty much. all over twitter too with "Why are you going there?" "North Dakota? For real?" "What? You're going to North Dakota State and not Rutgers?" lol I seriously saw that one. haha. Theres some though that are happy for us too so that's good

HerdBot
09-17-2013, 02:24 PM
pretty much. all over twitter too with "Why are you going there?" "North Dakota? For real?" "What? You're going to North Dakota State and not Rutgers?" lol I seriously saw that one. haha. Theres some though that are happy for us too so that's good

FCS fans are totally digging it!
BCS... suck it beaches!

MHDBisonfan
09-17-2013, 02:26 PM

I keep hearing that they want a record but then I hear they'll limit the "pit" to 2-3 thousand. Where will all the other people be and how will they know it's a record?
#confused

The same way we set the record attendance at Dacotah Field!

WYOBISONMAN
09-17-2013, 02:29 PM
That explanation made sense to me. No more bitching from here. What do I know......I am a fan .... not a TV guy.

HerdBot
09-17-2013, 02:38 PM
That explanation made sense to me. No more bitching from here. What do I know......I am a fan .... not a TV guy.

This right here ^^^

GradBison
09-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Re: logistical/transportation nightmare.

I really don't see how that will be much of an issue. As been stated multiple times, there already thousands of people who work downtown and seem to be able to get in at 8:00 and get out at 5:00 every week day. Add to that thousands of NDSU students who make the trip between the main campus and downtown campus on a daily basis for classes. Why would you think it would be worse than getting out of the Dome after a football game? If anything traffic patterns getting out of downtown will flow better since parking is more distributed than getting out of the FDD.

Is it the end of the world if it took you an extra 15 minutes to get from downtown to the FDD after gameday is done? Heck, even 30 minutes?

Re: crown control nightmare.

You make it sounds as if riots break out in Fargo every Saturday night and we're a town full of hooligans.

It's going to be OK. :)

bri-dog
09-17-2013, 02:46 PM

#confused

Counting lessons from uN_???

BisonCountry
09-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Counting lessons from uN_???
Is attendance available online?

runtheoption
09-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Listened to Fitting's interview. He doesn't sugarcoat his answers and comments -- I like that. My favorite part was when Dom asked about the Big 10/11/12/Eleventy not playing FCS teams anymore..."That's crazy. That's absurd!"

westriver bison
09-17-2013, 03:04 PM
One thought I am having about this grand event. Let's make sure the students are in the pit. IMO there is no need for anyone over 25 there. Us old duffers can be in the background, on the street or at tailgating.

bri-dog
09-17-2013, 03:06 PM
One thought I am having about this grand event. Let's make sure the students are in the pit. IMO there is no need for anyone over 25 there. Us old duffers can be in the background, on the street or at tailgating.

No fat people either.:biggrin:

MrSnuffleupagus
09-17-2013, 03:06 PM

This. Makes total sense. Im sure they would prefer college students, maybe a few younger kids.

HerdBot
09-17-2013, 03:12 PM

Absolutely. Younger people are going to do more for our image! :)

BisonTeacher
09-17-2013, 03:13 PM

Good Luck keeping Mrs. Teacher out of there.

tjamz
09-17-2013, 03:19 PM

Good Luck keeping Mrs. Teacher out of there.

She has a thing for young college age guys? whatever works for you two... I'm not here to judge!

WYOBISONMAN
09-17-2013, 03:21 PM
She has a thing for young college age guys? whatever works for you two... I'm not here to judge!

Now that is interesting............... ;)

BisonTeacher
09-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Bunch of sickos!!! :biggrin:

civilguy
09-17-2013, 04:17 PM
We should put ropes on both sides of Broadway and run them all the way to the hospital! And then start filling it in. This way when they do the aerial cam shot looking straight north all they will see is GOLD! Just keep routing people to the north. They need to also put multiple jumbo trons along Broadway running to the north.

Bison 4 Life
09-17-2013, 04:20 PM
We should put ropes on both sides of Broadway and run them all the way to the hospital! And then start filling it in. This way when they do the aerial cam shot looking straight north all they will see is GOLD! Just keep routing people to the north. They need to also put multiple jumbo trons along Broadway running to the north.

and those people at the back of the line will be kind of close to the dome! Hell just fill it in all the way to 17th

Bison_Pride
09-17-2013, 04:31 PM
I think he said they were going to be running a lot of shuttle buses back and forth from the Fargodome.

KilldeerBison
09-17-2013, 04:45 PM

No fat people either.:biggrin:

So, AG shouldn't show up with his goat? Somebody better text him.

344Johnson
09-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Bunch of sickos!!! :biggrin:

Bring the child....then while your wife is busy with the college males, you can be busy with teh college females.

BisonTeacher
09-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Bring the child....then while your wife is busy with the college males, you can be busy with teh college females.

Child will be staying home and as far away from 344Johnson as can possibly be. :biggrin:

1998braves64
09-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Re: logistical/transportation nightmare.

I really don't see how that will be much of an issue. As been stated multiple times, there already thousands of people who work downtown and seem to be able to get in at 8:00 and get out at 5:00 every week day. Add to that thousands of NDSU students who make the trip between the main campus and downtown campus on a daily basis for classes. Why would you think it would be worse than getting out of the Dome after a football game? If anything traffic patterns getting out of downtown will flow better since parking is more distributed than getting out of the FDD.

Is it the end of the world if it took you an extra 15 minutes to get from downtown to the FDD after gameday is done? Heck, even 30 minutes?

Re: crown control nightmare.

You make it sounds as if riots break out in Fargo every Saturday night and we're a town full of hooligans.

It's going to be OK. :)

Re workers downtown are spread over how many blocks of downtown. Gameday will be concentrated to a 2-3 block radius so yes you may have to park 10 blocks away and hoof it (not complaining just stating the reason) or ride a packed shuttle bus again because everyone is going to the same concentrated area.

Re transportation generally speaking most will be migrating possibly from tailgate set up to downtown and then back again so everyone is generally heading the same direction especially after gameday is over as 12-15,000 will be headed back to the dome for the game no doubt?

It's not ideal for those two perspectives but I've calmed myself a bit from yesterday. I think the location will be fine it's just going to take a little creativity and patience from North Dakotans who aren't used to "traffic jams" etc! I'm sure most will do the best they can with it.

SDbison
09-17-2013, 05:53 PM
OK, I pissed and moaned a bunch yesterday.........I listened to this guys audio and now I am fired up. Challenge accepted!

bison_by_blood
09-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Mr. Fitting sounds like a true professional. Handled every question respectfully and thouroughly explained their reasoning. Doesn't hurt that he took a shot at the Big 10 being idiots for not wanting to schedule FCS. Rep for that! We'll have plenty of people with their rigs holding down the fort at the Dome. Was mad at first, but after listening to this I'm excitied to go downtown. As long as the shuttle situation isn't a total disaster...

Tatanka
09-17-2013, 06:00 PM
OK, I pissed and moaned a bunch yesterday.........I listened to this guys audio and now I am fired up. Challenge accepted!

weenie

:D

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

bri-dog
09-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Saw this pic on facebook...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n305/bflaagan/tatanka.jpg

DjKyRo
09-17-2013, 06:06 PM

Attaboy SD! We'll celebrate a job well done with some post-ESPN jagbombs!

1st&TennBison
09-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Fitting had nothing but props for us, the school and the town as well. This is obviously the huge chance to show off the Fargo area first hand. I am so pumped and proud to be able to attend this event. I'm gonna drive there from home then go to the dome, anyone interested in meeting up downtown let me know.

bisonsupporter
09-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Chris Fowler giving some insight on what the show will be about on the ESPN U Podcast today. Middle of the Espn.com page about 32:10 into it.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/college-football/

SDbison
09-17-2013, 08:04 PM
weenie.

:D

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something. Ouch that hurts! Big chest bump for you at tailgate......be prepared! Or maybe I find you downtown and its hardhat vs. bisonhat chest bump knockdown.........live on Gameday!

MAKBison
09-17-2013, 08:06 PM
They will focus on the people---its not their first rodeo. It makes htme look bad if they show half empty anything. I grantee if you make the cops have to limit acssess and or expand the boundary that will draw all sorts of attention. They way to do this is numbers DT!

I share those concerns. That is my only REAL concern at this time.

MAKBison
09-17-2013, 08:09 PM
F that---after the show lets March like a herd to the dome!

I think he said they were going to be running a lot of shuttle buses back and forth from the Fargodome.

MAKBison
09-17-2013, 08:13 PM
BTW just got word form my Cus. MSU Kittys fans are coming----they think they are going to get an MSU flag on Gameday. Anyone know of any other teams fans planning on making the trip?

BisonTeacher
09-17-2013, 08:17 PM
BTW just got word form my Cus. MSU Kittys fans are coming----they think they are going to get an MSU flag on Gameday. Anyone know of any other teams fans planning on making the trip?

As long as they hold a sign that says "We chickened out"

MAKBison
09-17-2013, 08:18 PM
I warned them :biggrin:

As long as they hold a sign that says "We chickened out"

heymch86
09-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Chris Fowler giving some insight on what the show will be about on the ESPN U Podcast today. Middle of the Espn.com page about 32:10 into it.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/college-football/

real glad Fowler emphasized it will not be a joke-fest about the movie Fargo and won't recite every line for 3 hours. I'll give them the one mandatory wood chipper joke, but glad to hear they'll focus on our storied program, FCS greats, and the playoff format.

TAILG8R
09-17-2013, 08:51 PM
real glad Fowler emphasized it will not be a joke-fest about the movie Fargo and won't recite every line for 3 hours. I'll give them the one mandatory wood chipper joke, but glad to hear they'll focus on our storied program, FCS greats, and the playoff format.

I'm sure that the show will spend probably 60-70% of its time on the BCS and bigger colleges but will also include "plenty of FCS stuff". I can't remember which interview I heard this in but it was said more than once. They didn't talk percentages but they did say the show will still be about FBS and the big schools.

Mayville Bison
09-17-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm sure that the show will spend probably 60-70% of its time on the BCS and bigger colleges but will also include "plenty of FCS stuff". I can't remember which interview I heard this in but it was said more than once. They didn't talk percentages but they did say the show will still be about FBS and the big schools.

I will gladly take 30-40% FCS talk. Shoot, I'd take 3-4% FCS talk most weekends :)

TAILG8R
09-17-2013, 08:53 PM
I will gladly take 30-40% FCS talk. Shoot, I'd take 3-4% FCS talk most weekends :)

I agree 100%!

BisonCountry
09-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Hayden Goethe ‏@HGoethe 3h
Kirk Herbstreit just said on ESPN that he's heard the Fargo downtown site for GameDay will be "legendary."

bisonsupporter
09-17-2013, 09:24 PM

With things unraveling in Austin and Lincoln. That alone gives them plenty to talk about.

Think I saw on Fitters twitter, they will open the gates at 6 am.

SDbison
09-17-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm sure that the show will spend probably 60-70% of its time on the BCS and bigger colleges but will also include "plenty of FCS stuff". I can't remember which interview I heard this in but it was said more than once. They didn't talk percentages but they did say the show will still be about FBS and the big schools. You can bet the bunnys will get some love as they prepare to take on a Nebraska team in shambles with the disaster last weekend. Personally, I think Nebraska comes out mad as heck and thumps the bunnyturds all game long. If the bunnies somehow win that game it will confirm there are huge coaching issues in Huskerland. 5% chance close game with bunnies winning, 95% chance Huskers take out frustrations and win by 5 TD's or more. Zenner with 50 yards on 30 carries.

Hammersmith
09-17-2013, 09:44 PM

I'm okay with them actually bringing the wood chipper down to the set(there's a replica outside the visitors center) as long as Korso feeds a stuffed hornet into it during the pick, or they shove a stuffed gopher, ram, some kind of bird, and some kind of cat in it at some point.

StL Bison Fan
09-17-2013, 10:01 PM

This was my only beef with having it by the Fargo sign. I hate going out of town and all I hear is comments about the movie. On the bright side, at least the Forum sign isn't in the background- that would be a whole new thread.

CAS4127
09-17-2013, 10:19 PM
18 Shuttles:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/18/ruze3e7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

CaBisonFan
09-17-2013, 10:23 PM
You can bet the bunnys will get some love as they prepare to take on a Nebraska team in shambles with the disaster last weekend. Personally, I think Nebraska comes out mad as heck and thumps the bunnyturds all game long. If the bunnies somehow win that game it will confirm there are huge coaching issues in Huskerland. 5% chance close game with bunnies winning, 95% chance Huskers take out frustrations and win by 5 TD's or more. Zenner with 50 yards on 30 carries.

It should be a good game between SDSU & Nebraska. People blame the defense at Nebraska...but I think that their offense causes a lot of problems with its hurry-up philosophy. Martinez doesn't impress me. It doesn't look like Nebraska football should. Bunnies lose a thriller by 4.

tjbison
09-17-2013, 10:29 PM
I don't care this is gonna kick ass!

Bison03
09-18-2013, 12:38 AM
I'm okay with them actually bringing the wood chipper down to the set(there's a replica outside the visitors center) as long as Korso feeds a stuffed hornet into it during the pick, or they shove a stuffed gopher, ram, some kind of bird, and some kind of cat in it at some point.

i though I have read somewhere that the wood chipper at the visitors center is the actual one from the movie.

MAKBison
09-18-2013, 12:41 AM
The producer of the show said it

Hammersmith
09-18-2013, 12:53 AM
i though I have read somewhere that the wood hipper at the visitors center is the actual one from the movie.

Looks like we're both right. The real one is inside and a replica is sitting outside.

A1pigskin
09-18-2013, 01:00 AM
just show up

MAKBison
09-18-2013, 01:05 AM
I think it would be real cool to see a few thousand Bizon fans walking from DT to the dome---kinda like a huge ass yellow herd. that would be sweet!

MAKBison
09-18-2013, 01:19 AM
Just read this---nice

EndZoneQB
09-18-2013, 04:13 AM
i though I have read somewhere that the wood hipper at the visitors center is the actual one from the movie.

Inside, yes. Outside is the replica.

1998braves64
09-18-2013, 11:05 AM
It should be a good game between SDSU & Nebraska. People blame the defense at Nebraska...but I think that their offense causes a lot of problems with its hurry-up philosophy. Martinez doesn't impress me. It doesn't look like Nebraska football should. Bunnies lose a thriller by 4.
I think you said it best about Martinez he looked like someone who would make some noise when he first started but he has not improved much at all or really shown he can do/be anything different imo.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

runtheoption
09-18-2013, 03:44 PM
i though I have read somewhere that the wood hipper at the visitors center is the actual one from the movie. Don't they make them out of titanium and plastic? Maybe some of older folks can help us out.