PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly win over 1-A SDSU

stpaulbison
10-30-2006, 05:19 PM
I don't know if anyone caught this but Cal Poly went into their house and beat them by 2 points. This San Diego team only lost to the badgers 14-0 in Wisconsin. But this win jumped Cal Poly 3 spots in the rankings to #6 behind the #5 Bison. Cal Poly is going to have a tough game with the Griz this weekend but our game with them is going to be a tough one I think.

No_Skill
10-30-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm not all that impressed. San Diego State is ranked 123 in the Sagarin Rankings. According to that Poly was supposed to win.

Note: Minnesota was ranked somewhere in the 40's when we played them.

Gamehunter
10-30-2006, 06:05 PM
It was definatley a good win, but not an upset IMO. Cal Poly is a good team, and San Diego St. is a rebuilding I-A. Their next two games are going to be much tougher. Hopefully they can take down Montana so we have two top 5 teams facing off in the dome. Montana has had alot of very narrow victories against weaker competition versus Cal Poly playing the tougher schedule so I think its two wins in a row in Missoula for CP.

Charger
10-30-2006, 08:28 PM
This was a nice consolation win for Poly since they couldn't beat the real SDSU. ;)

Bisonguy
10-30-2006, 08:36 PM
I consider it an upset.

22 fewer scholarships, and a football budget one-quarter of San Diego State's. Besides that, any of the rankings are weakest when making comparisions between divisions or subdivisions. Not enough data.