View Full Version : Delaware State

roadwarrior
09-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Is there a game this week?

Tatanka
09-15-2013, 11:42 PM

are you going?

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

Kermit
09-15-2013, 11:43 PM
are you going?

Will you be on TV?

gumby013
09-15-2013, 11:51 PM

I was at Towson to watch them play DSU last night. Here's some of my observations on DSU. Towson won 49-7.

Offense - Shotgun based with lots of middle runs and short passes over the middle. Not a hurry up team.

QB - Strong arm, but gets rattled with the slightest amount of pressure. Quits looking down field once he sees a rusher beating a block. When panicked, will throw late balls over the middle, leading to picks.

Receivers - All looked rather thin. They all had "Brian Bell Legs." Did an ok job of catching the ball, but didn't show much for breakaway speed.

O Line - Got beat constantly. Only one that seemed to have any promise was the center.

Running Backs - Not good. Didn't hit holes with any conviction. This may have been due to the O Line getting blown off the ball every time though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defense - 3-4 base with mostly zone behind that. Very slow to the edges, despite being a 3-4.

D-Line - Not a lot of push , and didn't do an effective job of occupying blocks like a 3-4 line should.

Linebackers - Slow. Did a poor job of covering the edges. Were often in the wrong gaps and were very susceptible to play action.

D-Backs - Actually did an OK job. Tackles weren't bad and most of the coverage breakdowns were the result of linebackers being out of position.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Punter - Solid hang time and distance, but is slow to get kicks off. Several kicks were almost blocked.

Kicker - Solid distance and accuracy.

Converge Teams - Awful. Just awful.

SamsRams
09-15-2013, 11:53 PM
are you going?

Will anyone go to this snoozefest, it's not like they have a new press box to debut?

How cool does Western Carolina feel right now? Not sure how many Mars Hill highlights will make ESPN

GOBISON123
09-16-2013, 12:01 AM
I have a feeling this team is worse than Ferris Bull Dawgs. I just wish Coach Bohl starts the 2014 team .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delaware_State_Hornets_football

Gully
09-16-2013, 12:06 AM
I have a feeling this team is worse than Ferris Bull Dawgs. I just wish Coach Bohl starts the 2014 team .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delaware_State_Hornets_football

I think you are right. Honestly, we could score 100 in this game if we wanted. I'm not kidding.

GOBISON123
09-16-2013, 12:34 AM
I think you are right. Honestly, we could score 100 in this game if we wanted. I'm not kidding.

The only motivation to watch this game is if our 2014 team starts and plays atleast 3 qt. May be Marcus Williams can stay on the field if it helps his Draft prospects.

BisonTeacher
09-16-2013, 12:41 AM

Road, they cancelled the game. Why dont you just send me your tickets. Wait...dont mail them. I will stop by and pick them up. :-)

NDSU1980
09-16-2013, 01:55 AM
I sure hope Bohl gets Wentz in early on this one. The guy needs to get some serious reps, and I'm tired of the Mertens Method when it comes to QB's. That's where we keep the same guy in all the time no matter how good or how bad things are.

Hammerhead
09-16-2013, 02:00 AM
Sagarin predicts NDSU wins by 41 over DSU. At least I can save some of my voice to make noise in the Metrodome the following day.

oldmantutters
09-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Sagarin predicts NDSU wins by 41 over DSU. At least I can save some of my voice to make noise in the Metrodome the following day.

Browns fan?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

ndsubison1
09-16-2013, 02:28 PM

no but i heard gameday is coming

Hammerhead
09-16-2013, 02:29 PM
I've been a Vikings fan since my mom's cousin, Randy Poltl, was drafted by the Vikings in 1974.

Browns fan?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2