PDA

View Full Version : Letter NOT from Snyder and NOT to Jensen

SamsRams
09-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Appears we have a little scuffle going on over at the Spectrum.

Bison fans got Melissa Baker's panties all bunched up

http://www.ndsuspectrum.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/letter-to-the-editor-1.3059400#.UjGaLcasiSp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8pdycARz6w&feature=youtu.be

Followed up by Miss Emma Heaton getting buckwild.

http://www.ndsuspectrum.com/opinion/k-state-fans-still-bitter-toward-defeat-1.3059393#.UjGXocasiSo

My only issue would be if the official Yell leaders were there (which I thought I saw them) and if they were leading the cheers, that is not cool in my opinion. I can say I sat opposite endzone and didnt hear the chants, but I could barely hear the band during this tribute and almost never understood the announcer. Sound escapes fast in these outdoor stadium thing-ma-boppers.

Here is a link with a bunch of the things they did leading up to the video in question. Notice a majority of them are KSTATE clap or sing alongs http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVVdj06MGK4CSbSnqXuZwQw/videos

and if I have my timeline right this is after they had some kid dressed as a NDSU fan run onto the field with a bunch of boos following by Willie Laying him out with a tackle.

BisonTeacher
09-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Appears we have a little scuffle going on over at the Spectrum.

Bison fans got Melissa Baker's panties all bunched up

http://www.ndsuspectrum.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/letter-to-the-editor-1.3059400#.UjGaLcasiSp

Before I read the letter to the editor, I was thinking a few idiot fans on our side did something REALLY offensive. Good lord...lighten up lady. Next thing you know someone will write a letter complaining about us saying "Bison!" at the end of the national anthem. Why would she write it to the student newspaper? HOw many in that south endzone were actual students?

In all seriousness...I have no problem with this. We are Bison...we are loud. WE travel well. If you don't want us there, don't invite us and don't sell us tickets. Buy them up yourselves. This just reeks of sour grapes to me.

Bison"FANatic"
09-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Let me be the first to offer her a tissue and a Prozac.

ndsubison1
09-12-2013, 11:20 AM
http://www.myphone5cases.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/u-mad-300x220.png

MNLonghorn10
09-12-2013, 11:44 AM
i remember the PA was cutting in and out..so when the band started playing the national anthem, it definitely caught all of us off guard.

WYOBISONMAN
09-12-2013, 12:04 PM
She is a whiner. Damn glad I am not married to that whiner....

Da Bison
09-12-2013, 12:07 PM
We were in Sec 1 (opposite end) and the PA was terrible. Guy next to us (KSU fan) commented $90million bucks and still only one speaker in the stadium.

BisonNation11
09-12-2013, 12:54 PM
This thread so far has disappointed me. How has no one found her e-mail address yet??? :rofl:

Lighten up Francis.

KC Bison
09-12-2013, 12:55 PM
This is the most outrageous thing I have ever heard of fans "cheering for their team" at a football game. Perhaps she could have been just as angry if our fans yelled something like home of the Kitties at end of the Star Spangled Banner, oh wait a minute, that was your fans.

Boy
09-12-2013, 12:55 PM
This may classify as Bisonville's most classy post ever.

Lady, GFY. That is all.

Tatanka
09-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Section 3, couldn't hear shit, captain.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

Bison bison
09-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Are you guys sure that lakes didn't send this in?

KilldeerBison
09-12-2013, 01:06 PM
I would like to lodge a complaint about stacking us into the stadium like sardines and then piping in 150 degree heat. If I was being disrepectful, or anything else, it is because I was suffering from Snyder Stadium induced heat stroke. I demand an apology!!

Bisonator98
09-12-2013, 01:10 PM
4000 fans in a 50,000 seat stadium disrupted KSU's marching band?:rofl:

That is awesome! GO BISON!:biggrin:

Bison 4 Life
09-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Emma, Emma, Emma....

Melissa Baker, whom wrote the letter,

aces1180
09-12-2013, 01:23 PM
This is the first image that popped into my head when I read the letter:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/03/article-1383049-0BE2861500000578-361_306x382.jpg

Vitojr130
09-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Melissa Baker, the graduate student of KSU, does not exist. Why do I say this? She doesn't show up on a simple Facebook search. Everyone of this age group has a Facebook profile.

0/10 Lakes is behind this. He's clearly trying to show that NDSU is obviously in the big time since we can offend a Big 12 program in their own house.

MNLonghorn10
09-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Lakes was too busy talking about oil money with kstaters to even notice the band was playing

DePereBisonFan
09-12-2013, 01:31 PM
It's hard to hear. It was also difficult to distinguish between "Let's Go Bison" and "Let's Go Wildcats" at the game, and at times in the video it sounds like it could be both.

I don't take offense to her letter.

IzzyFlexion
09-12-2013, 01:35 PM
This is the first image that popped into my head when I read the letter:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/03/article-1383049-0BE2861500000578-361_306x382.jpg

I'd do her.

Bison03
09-12-2013, 01:37 PM
This one time, at band camp.......

bisonmike2
09-12-2013, 01:49 PM

Was going to say this. Awesome job Bison fans!

BisonAccountant44
09-12-2013, 01:51 PM

This. Also I was one of those chanting, and if we're ever there again, I'll do it again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mayville Bison
09-12-2013, 01:55 PM
She wants an apology, so I'll give her one: I'm sorry..................that I wasn't there to make the cheer louder

I don't want to offend any music majors as I had many friends in both marching band and concert choir, but I don't go to a football game to watch/listen to a band perform.

BadlandsBison
09-12-2013, 02:05 PM
This thread so far has disappointed me. How has no one found her e-mail address yet??? :rofl:

Lighten up Francis.

Only assuming she still works at ksu...

http://search.k-state.edu/?qt=+Melissa+Baker&curtab=1

TransAmBison
09-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Well done Bison.

Thundering Herd
09-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Someone needs to dial this number: (913) 422-5375. Say ur from the GFY newspaper doing a story on this, u found this number wondering if shes the one doing the bitching and moaning. Report back here once mission is complete...

bisonaudit
09-12-2013, 02:35 PM
. .

CAS4127
09-12-2013, 02:38 PM
This disrespect was evident by the fact that KState players were pissed and came out hitting hard and kicking our asses all night!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

CAS4127
09-12-2013, 02:58 PM
THANK YOU BISON NATION! A note from a Ferris State fan.

This note was posted on our Facebook wall from a Ferris State fan. Thanks for showing great sportsmanship, Bison Nation! We need to make sure we treat all visitors to our house with this type of respect.

"Thank you for making us Bulldogs feel so welcome! we have been to many tailgate partys in our lifetime and none can compare to the great reception we received from the Bison family..I think we may heard welcome to Fargo 100 times and truly felt we were welcome! thank you for having us..we went to dinner at Buffalo wild wings after the game and were treated just as special there from the waitresses to the famillies eating dinner and the Bison football players who came up to us and complimented our team on a job well done. and told us our boys will do well..thank you Bisons you really are great hosts!!"https://sphotos-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p320x320/559319_10151904907749532_21349056_n.jpg
(https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151904907749532&set=a.214525824531.164571.7791099531&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf)

344Johnson
09-12-2013, 04:50 PM
In another article, a spectrum writer says that Roehl and Paschall weren't good enough to play in the Missouri Valley or against K-State like Ojuri and Crockett. Oof! I disrespectfully disagree.

http://www.ndsuspectrum.com/sports/crockett-ojuri-best-ever-1.3058094#.UjHv2m08GtA

bisonaudit
09-12-2013, 04:57 PM
In another article, a spectrum writer says that Roehl and Paschall weren't good enough to play in the Missouri Valley or against K-State like Ojuri and Crockett. Oof! I disrespectfully disagree.

http://www.ndsuspectrum.com/sports/crockett-ojuri-best-ever-1.3058094#.UjHv2m08GtA

There are things that a 22 year old columnist simply isn't qualified to have an opinion about. Unfortunately they're 22 years old, which makes it impossible to convince them of this fact.

THEsocalledfan
09-12-2013, 04:59 PM
This letter cracked me up; as someone who was there, you could not even hear the band/PA in our endzone and how the heck would I know this was not the time to chant?

BisonTeacher
09-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Section 3, couldn't hear shit, captain.

Are you saying your ears were not working due to too much captain?

bisonmike2
09-12-2013, 05:02 PM

Both Roehl and Paschall were invited to NFL camps, no? So good enough get invited to an NFL camp but not good enough compete in the MVFC? Okay. I'd still give the edge to McNorton and Ojuri. McNorton was an excellent third down back. He was great on the blitz pickup and was a real weapon on the screen pass. So far this year we've seen more of Lang as the 3rd down back and screen option then Crockett or Ojuri. The duo name of Crockett and Ojuri does sound cooler though. Like a sequel to Miami Vice or some other buddy cop show.

Snowgoose
09-12-2013, 05:08 PM

That is one bad article in the spectrum as he mentions these backs are by a landslide better. These two backs are really good but we are runningback U. We have had so many great ones it is ridiculous. Roehl might have made an NFL roster if it wasn't for an injury. The 80's were stacked full of great tandem backs that could have played now. Geez if these past guys are getting invites to NFL camps they are pretty good.

KSBisonFan
09-12-2013, 05:10 PM
I noticed KSU was blasting the music between plays usually well after our offense was lined up and Brock was in his cadence with :10 left on the play clock. Seems rude and worthy of a letter.

KilldeerBison
09-12-2013, 05:20 PM
E-NMITY from
M-ELISSA, demands apology for
A-RSE
W-OUND (butt hurt)

Bisonator98
09-12-2013, 05:41 PM

:rofl::facepalm::rofl:

HerdBot
09-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Whiney whiney whiney. If we lost, we would have never seen the letter. Unreal! 25 seconds!!

Mayville Bison
09-12-2013, 06:15 PM
That is one bad article in the spectrum as he mentions these backs are by a landslide better. These two backs are really good but we are runningback U. We have had so many great ones it is ridiculous. Roehl might have made an NFL roster if it wasn't for an injury. The 80's were stacked full of great tandem backs that could have played now. Geez if these past guys are getting invites to NFL camps they are pretty good.

I agree. I wouldn't have a problem with "In my opinion this is the best duo" since he said he never saw Gordon or Hatchett (kudos though on not completely forgetting our past). Gordon/Perkins and Roehl/Paschall were both great and could play in the MVFC no problem. Before Gordon, I'll let some of the old-timers chip in.

My $0.02, I'd take Gordon/Perkins over any of the duos that I have personally seen.

EndZoneQB
09-12-2013, 06:16 PM
You know he's not qualified when he doesn't know Roehl's or Gordon's backup. Rememeber when Gordon and Perkins were 1-2 in the NCC in rushing? Yeah, I do.

Edit: I see Mayville beat me to the Perkins thing. I agree, I thought those two were as good of a tandem as I've seen. Gordon with just so much freakin' god given ability...and size, then you bring out Perkins who had maybe the best feet I've ever seen at NDSU, that kid was so quick. How we failed to win a title with those two, I'll never fully understand.

KC Bison
09-12-2013, 06:23 PM
This reminds me of one of games to Minneapolis. A group of ladies (who probably could care less about the game) was sitting behind us, leaned forward to say....but don't we have a really good band. It's become an ongoing joke between us every time we talk about the Gophers.

bisonhp330
09-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Heh.....you could hear our crowd even with the 45000 k state fans. Sounds like a jealousy thing to me.

Speaking of bands- who is in charge of ours? Twice last game Jensen had to tell them to shut the hell up because they were playing while he was making his calls at the line of scrimmage.

Vitojr130
09-12-2013, 06:37 PM

Really? Roehl was amazing and definitely shoved the ball right up the Missouri Valley's butt for the teams we played in the transition days. Paschall probably was the least talented of the 4, but Roehl was probably the best, so it's a tough call.

Bison03
09-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Heh.....you could hear our crowd even with the 45000 k state fans. Sounds like a jealousy thing to me.

Speaking of bands- who is in charge of ours? Twice last game Jensen had to tell them to shut the hell up because they were playing while he was making his calls at the line of scrimmage.

I'm pretty sure he was trying to quiet down the crowd. The band, alond with the drum majors, are smart. They pay close attention and make sure they are not playing when the team breaks the huddle.

bisonhp330
09-12-2013, 06:45 PM
im not trashing the band- twice in the same series they were still playing when jensen was at the line- he was under center the second time- it was after a TV timeout on one not sure on the other. Im sure they were schooled up early- it didnt happen later inthe game

HazenBizon
09-12-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm pretty sure he was trying to quiet down the crowd. The band, alond with the drum majors, are smart. They pay close attention and make sure they are not playing when the team breaks the huddle.

They definitely went too long at the home opener, but I'm sure it will get better as the season goes on and the new drum majors hit their stride.

TransAmBison
09-12-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm pretty sure he was trying to quiet down the crowd. The band, alond with the drum majors, are smart. They pay close attention and make sure they are not playing when the team breaks the huddle.You forgot to put that in purple. Sometimes I wonder if the band even knows there is a game going on.

bisonmike2
09-12-2013, 07:33 PM
You forgot to put that in purple. Sometimes I wonder if the band even knows there is a game going on.

There's a game? I thought people packed the Fargodome just to hear the band play.

BlueBisonRock
09-12-2013, 07:33 PM
You forgot to put that in purple. Sometimes I wonder if the band even knows there is a game going on.

Kinda like Izzy when the dance team was right down in front...

CaBisonFan
09-12-2013, 07:45 PM
My oh my...you'd think it was a college football game.

ndsubison1
09-12-2013, 09:17 PM
bands help make the atmosphere of college football games. i love the drum-lines and hearing school songs after tds (esp the Bison). i would think that most pay attention to the game and understand when/when not to play, but theres always some snotty band people who think everything is always about the band.

i was sitting about the 40 yard line on the bison side in Kansas way up in 426. A lot of us started doing the Lets Go Bison during this and a KSU lady turned around and went absolutely berserk. Telling us to shut up. I just laughed cuz she looked funny. The thing is I could barely hear the band and never once heard the announcer say anything about the national anthem. Seemed like the same for the other Bison fans in my section. We dont know what your customs are and what KSU does before games

THEsocalledfan
09-12-2013, 09:27 PM

For you young ones, I give you the best example of this:

It is 2007. NDSU is playing SDSU in Brookings to complete an undefeated season and go down in the history of NDSU football as one of the best ever. All that stands in their way is a pesky SDSU team who, if they can somehow pull of the upset, wins the Great West football conference. It was basically the single biggest game, at the time, in SDSU history.

They regular SDSU marching band did not even play as they picked that time period to get their uniforms cleaned for the tournament of roses parade. :facepalm:

BisonTeacher
09-12-2013, 10:07 PM
For you young ones, I give you the best example of this:

It is 2007. NDSU is playing SDSU in Brookings to complete an undefeated season and go down in the history of NDSU football as one of the best ever. All that stands in their way is a pesky SDSU team who, if they can somehow pull of the upset, wins the Great West football conference. It was basically the single biggest game, at the time, in SDSU history.

They regular SDSU marching band did not even play as they picked that time period to get their uniforms cleaned for the tournament of roses parade. :facepalm:

Ahhhhh thats why sdsu won. I thought it was because reohl was hurt and bohl punted it away on 4th down late in 4th qtr.

CaBisonFan
09-12-2013, 10:20 PM

There was a lot more to the story than cleaning uniforms. Yes...they were going to the Tournament of Roses Parade. :facepalm:

SamsRams
09-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Happy that others found the humor in the title of this thread. it made me giggle when I typed it

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-13-2013, 12:19 AM
This letter cracked me up; as someone who was there, you could not even hear the band/PA in our endzone and how the heck would I know this was not the time to chant?

I noticed KSU was blasting the music between plays usually well after our offense was lined up and Brock was in his cadence with :10 left on the play clock. Seems rude and worthy of a letter.

We were sitting in the south end zone and even we couldn't hear the PA announcer. Couldn't understand a thing he was saying. Someone started the "Lets go Bison" cheer and it took off. Once people realized the band was breaking into the National Anthem, the cheer died down quickly. I really didn't think our crowd was very loud at any point in the game, but from the reactions of some of their fans, we must have made an impression. :)

I too noticed they blasted music through the PA system way longer than what is allowed by NCAA. Maybe I should write a letter to their school newspaper. Oh wait, we won. No need. :biggrin:

SamsRams
09-13-2013, 12:47 AM
I too noticed they blasted music through the PA system way longer than what is allowed by NCAA.

It was almost as bad as the EWU game.

BisonTeacher
09-13-2013, 01:02 AM
Someone should write this lady back and thank her for giving us something to do this week. Bye weeks are boring.

TbonZach
09-13-2013, 02:10 AM

im not trashing the band- twice in the same series they were still playing when jensen was at the line- he was under center the second time- it was after a TV timeout on one not sure on the other. Im sure they were schooled up early- it didnt happen later inthe game

They definitely went too long at the home opener, but I'm sure it will get better as the season goes on and the new drum majors hit their stride.

I usually give the GSMB a pass on this for a first game. When there are three new DMs (like this year) it usually takes a game to get everything down.

With that said, there were a few time where I was said to myself "OMG stop playing! Stop playing!"

Ndsu84
09-13-2013, 02:21 AM
We had no idea they were doing some kinda pledge. I thought tackling the bison fan was a bunch of shit. I told my wife to listen to when the pa quit blasting when we had the ball. The next play it went to 2 seconds left on our play clock. Talk about a home field advantage. I wanted to tell a few kstate fans before the game I figured we had a 60 percent chance of winning down there, but they have no chance of beating us at home!

HazenBizon
09-13-2013, 02:35 AM
I usually give the GSMB a pass on this for a first game. When there are three new DMs (like this year) it usually takes a game to get everything down.

With that said, there were a few time where I was said to myself "OMG stop playing! Stop playing!"

I totally agree. There were times when I was thinking "sh*t we're gonna get a letter from the commissioner's office and Sig is gonna be pissed."

56BISON73
09-13-2013, 02:37 AM
I totally agree. There were times when I was thinking "sh*t we're gonna get a letter from the commissioner's office and Sig is gonna be pissed."

If they didnt stop the UNI band from playing their crap when the Bison had the ball they aint going to say anything to SIG.

HazenBizon
09-13-2013, 02:47 AM
If they didnt stop the UNI band from playing their crap when the Bison had the ball they aint going to say anything to SIG.

This is true, but if you've noticed, for some reason NDSU is under the microscope for league violations. The dome Nazis have threatened to remove me on multiple occasions for having a small amplifying cone, while other schools unapologetically use cowbells.

56BISON73
09-13-2013, 02:49 AM
This is true, but if you've noticed, for some reason NDSU is under the microscope for league violations. The dome Nazis have threatened to remove me on multiple occasions for having a small amplifying cone, while other schools unapologetically use cowbells.

I that crap isnt coming from the league.

StL Bison Fan
09-13-2013, 02:50 AM
We had no idea they were doing some kinda pledge. I thought tackling the bison fan was a bunch of shit. I told my wife to listen to when the pa quit blasting when we had the ball. The next play it went to 2 seconds left on our play clock. Talk about a home field advantage. I wanted to tell a few kstate fans before the game I figured we had a 60 percent chance of winning down there, but they have no chance of beating us at home!

The announcer must work part time in an airport- couldn't understand him. They were doing the Pledge of Allegiance. Who has a band play during that? The whole thing was a mess. I don't think anyone was disrespectful. It wasn't like we were burning a flag in the stands for her to get all upset about. The whole thing looks like sour grapes. Ignore her and she'll send letters to the next team they lose to.

TILIS-BisonFan
09-13-2013, 03:22 AM
The spectrum is shit. The OP and the video in the OP is shit. Everybody is too hyper-sensitive. Move on

BisonTeacher
09-13-2013, 03:29 AM
The announcer must work part time in an airport- couldn't understand him. They were doing the Pledge of Allegiance. Who has a band play during that? The whole thing was a mess. I don't think anyone was disrespectful. It wasn't like we were burning a flag in the stands for her to get all upset about. The whole thing looks like sour grapes. Ignore her and she'll send letters to the next team they lose to.

I can honestly say I don't think Ive seen the pledge of allegiance at a sporting event. Maybe around 9/11 but even then...more national anthem...not pledge of allegiance.

MAKBison
09-13-2013, 03:32 AM
Melissa Baker is the KSU masked man

Scooter1
09-13-2013, 03:33 AM

Best ever by a landslide? :rofl: There isn't a team in the country that wouldn't have wanted Tyler Roehl as their feature back and Pat Pascall as the backup.

Best backs ever? This isn't UND, dumbass. I can think of seven or eight that they are now in the same category as, but landslide?!? Now your just pulling shit randomly out of your ass.

BTW...don't you think that Roehl had a little to do with the development of Sam Ojuri? :)

Here is a question. You have to tackle a runningback 20 times...you have the choice of Ojuri, Crockett or Roehl. How many choose Tyler? (Yeah, that's what I thought.):duel:

TILIS-BisonFan
09-13-2013, 03:36 AM
Read thread title and first post.... Get rid of this spam/waste of time

SamsRams
09-13-2013, 03:42 AM
Melissa Baker is the KSU masked man's granddaughter

FIFY

I mean he looks like he is 40 years old dude, get over it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHnOl3TDlAk

MAKBison
09-13-2013, 03:50 AM
Nice catch

FIFY

TILIS-BisonFan
09-13-2013, 04:12 AM
purple font completely irrelavant to irrelavant statements

SamsRams
09-13-2013, 04:16 AM
purple font completely irrelavant to irrelavant statements

are you drunk and sitting in a bathtub right now?

TILIS-BisonFan
09-13-2013, 04:39 AM
think outside (2+2)^3

IzzyFlexion
09-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Best ever by a landslide? :rofl: There isn't a team in the country that wouldn't have wanted Tyler Roehl as their feature back and Pat Pascall as the backup.

Best backs ever? This isn't UND, dumbass. I can think of seven or eight that they are now in the same category as, but landslide?!? Now your just pulling shit randomly out of your ass.

BTW...don't you think that Roehl had a little to do with the development of Sam Ojuri? :)

Here is a question. You have to tackle a runningback 20 times...you have the choice of Ojuri, Crockett or Roehl. How many choose Tyler? (Yeah, that's what I thought. ):duel:

Now that's how you make a point.....Nicely done.

DePereBisonFan
09-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Here is a question. You have to tackle a runningback 20 times...you have the choice of Ojuri, Crockett or Roehl. How many choose Tyler? (Yeah, that's what I thought.):duel:

Well, if you put it that way...

Tyler Roehl would aim for whatever opposing player he wanted and initiate the tackle himself. I still love how he completely destroyed the Gophers entire defense.

On a related note, I also think Roehl had something to do with Chase Morlock's development, and for a RB to get his redshirt pulled on a year like this speaks quite highly of Morlock's prior coach.

MankatoBison
09-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Geeze what a moron haha. I mean I looooooove Marching band but frick.... grow up lady.

A1pigskin
09-13-2013, 08:52 PM
She is a whiner. Damn glad I am not married to that whiner....

Now this is funny stuff right here.

Bison03
09-13-2013, 09:10 PM
FIFY

"Alcohol: The cause, and solution to all of life's problems."

KC Bison
09-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Well, if you put it that way...

Tyler Roehl would aim for whatever opposing player he wanted and initiate the tackle himself. I still love how he completely destroyed the Gophers entire defense.

I love how he destroyed the Gopher defense AND ran away from their Big 10 (too fast for us) defensive backs.

onbison09
09-17-2013, 02:56 AM
Maybe it's just me but I never cheer during the other team's alma mater.