PDA

View Full Version : ND girls can't dance.

1st&TennBison
09-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Saw this on AGS this morning. Makes no sense to me and kind of pisses me off. Lots of what I would call non athletic organizations on the field during Bison football, why call out the dance team. Is there something I don't know about or the article is leaving out. Seems silly to ban them because of practice agreement problems.

BisonTeacher
09-11-2013, 11:03 AM
I read the thread title and I thought maybe you were commenting on how well girls from ND did on the dancefloor. Izzy may disagree with you. :biggrin:

In all seriousness there is already a thread on this.
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?31047-Dance-Team-issues

1998braves64
09-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Well if it is referring to UN_ dance team then no they can't dance!! Why would you refer to anything NDSU related as just ND??? :D
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

BisonTeacher
09-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Well if it is referring to UN_ dance team then no they can't dance!! Why would you refer to anything NDSU related as just ND??? :D
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Not sure if you were referring to me...but I didnt say NDSU :biggrin:

I read the thread title and I thought maybe you were commenting on how well girls from ND did on the dancefloor. Izzy may disagree with you. :biggrin:

A1pigskin
09-12-2013, 12:23 AM
They can practice in my yard.

southcliffbison
09-12-2013, 01:56 AM
They can practice in my yard.

They can use my yard, too; and if it's warm and humid, I'll even provide a mister.

CaBisonFan
09-12-2013, 02:11 AM
Interesting topic for AGS.

Rynomite
09-12-2013, 07:04 AM
Saw this on AGS this morning. Makes no sense to me and kind of pisses me off. Lots of what I would call non athletic organizations on the field during Bison football, why call out the dance team. Is there something I don't know about or the article is leaving out. Seems silly to ban them because of practice agreement problems.

I think it's a little crazy that back-to-back national dance team champs can't represent back-to-back national football champs. That being said, why are they only a student organization and not an official NDSU athletics team. I mean most high schools in America have a cheer team and dance team. Problems with administration?

BisonTeacher
09-12-2013, 10:55 AM
That being said, why are they only a student organization and not an official NDSU athletics team.

Cuz then we'd have to add more mens scholarships because of Title IX. Wait. What? :biggrin:

Hammerhead
09-12-2013, 07:28 PM
High schoolers in Grand Forks can't dance either.
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/411962/

Banned by principal from grinding, Grand Forks high schoolers hold their own dance
GRAND FORKS - Explicit rules against explicit dance moves sent Red River High School students waltzing out of the gym Friday night to reassemble two miles south on the far side of town to dance as they pleased.
By: Stephen J. Lee, Forum News Service, INFORUM

HerdBot
09-12-2013, 07:35 PM
High schoolers in Grand Forks can't dance either.
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/411962/

Banned by principal from grinding, Grand Forks high schoolers hold their own dance
GRAND FORKS - Explicit rules against explicit dance moves sent Red River High School students waltzing out of the gym Friday night to reassemble two miles south on the far side of town to dance as they pleased.
By: Stephen J. Lee, Forum News Service, INFORUM

Grand Forks Puritans don't want hips to grind in a sexual way. Its a slight against god or some shit! :) Its not like they were twerking.

University Of North Dakota Puritans!

TransAmBison
09-12-2013, 07:39 PM
I wonder if ez went there to listen to the house music?

bisonaudit
09-12-2013, 07:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnjXFpoLJfk

NDSUDude
09-12-2013, 11:48 PM
There has been on going drama between the coach of the dance team and basically everyone, primarily the cheer team coach and the athletic administration. It all basically culminated late this summer and ended with them not being able to dance at the games.

MAKBison
09-13-2013, 03:18 AM
Just like GF no originality----Been there saw the movie . Small ND town bla bla bla...wont let the kids dance bla bla bla..... so they hold there own dance bla bla bla.....Kevin Loggins was in it!

Grand Forks Puritans don't want hips to grind in a sexual way. Its a slight against god or some shit! :) Its not like they were twerking.

University Of North Dakota Puritans!

MAKBison
09-13-2013, 03:20 AM
Dam you Bisonaudit---I just seen you beat me to it!

Just like GF no originality----Been there saw the movie . Small ND town bla bla bla...wont let the kids dance bla bla bla..... so they hold there own dance bla bla bla.....Kevin Loggins was in it!

bisonaudit
09-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Dam you Bisonaudit---I just seen you beat me to it!

You know what they say about great minds. :)

A1pigskin
09-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Settle this once and for all. Have them mud wrestle.

A1pigskin
09-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Did anyone read the Forum this morning about the Dance Team? Sounded childish.

SDbison
09-15-2013, 11:22 PM
So if the dance team can't be in the dome for the game, can they be at the College Game Day event?

BisonTeacher
09-15-2013, 11:32 PM
So if the dance team can't be in the dome for the game, can they be at the College Game Day event?

Just stirring the pot, arent ya? :biggrin:

HerdBot
09-16-2013, 01:39 AM

Sounds like a case of egos. Kiss and make up. Unfortunately that's a one sided deal.

Simple solution. Find you're own place to practice and run any sponsorship activity through the athletic department

Civil06
09-16-2013, 02:14 AM

I wouldn't say the Athletic Department is being childish. Did you miss this part:

Swanson wrote that the dance team had used athletic facilities for unauthorized practices, failed to ask permission for a send-off party and promoted dance team corporate partners in NDSU venues that are in “direct conflict with major athletic partners.”

I'd say that if the dance team is pissing off the Athletic Dept.'s corporate sponsors that it's a pretty big deal.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/412288/

Tatanka
09-16-2013, 02:23 AM
Nice to see some more facts come out. Unfortunate situation.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

56BISON73
09-16-2013, 02:33 AM
I wouldn't say the Athletic Department is being childish. Did you miss this part:

I'd say that if the dance team is pissing off the Athletic Dept.'s corporate sponsors that it's a pretty big deal.
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/412288/

""Wabner said there have been misunderstandings, but those were resolved quickly once they were made aware of them. She said nobody requested to meet with her and discuss the problems.

“On my end, I’m not exactly sure where the breakdown occurred,” she said. “We never intentionally disrespected or disobeyed anyone.”

Really??????????????? You live in a vacum? I think she was using the----its better to ask for forgiveness than for permission tactic. Now its no forgiveness or permission.

Then to mess with sponsors???? wow

Tatanka
09-16-2013, 02:41 AM
From what I understand the dance team performs at athletic events at the pleasure of the department responsible for the administration of those events, not the other way around. That necessitates a higher standard of communication. In the absence of communication from the other party, overcommunicate to avoid problems. Still don't have all the facts. Still an unfortunate situation. Becoming more understandable.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

BisonTeacher
09-16-2013, 02:45 AM
Anyone else think of rainman when they hear the name "wabner"?

Bison"FANatic"
09-16-2013, 11:29 AM
The NDSU athletic department still took a big PR hit on the radio last week. It was all over talk radio and made the athletic department look bad. The screw up was letting it get that far and not getting it handled internally. Communication communication communication. I would really be curious to know if it was Dorn who was handling it as it could fall under the women's side. Kind of wouldn't surprise me then.

PattyBison
09-16-2013, 11:58 AM
The NDSU athletic department still took a big PR hit on the radio last week. It was all over talk radio and made the athletic department look bad. The screw up was letting it get that far and not getting it handled internally. Communication communication communication. I would really be curious to know if it was Dorn who was handling it as it could fall under the women's side. Kind of wouldn't surprise me then.

NDSU will likely get a big PR hit on radio this week for not convincing ESPN to split Gameday between Fargo and GF. They can't and shouldn't make decisions based on the how it will be received by Fargo radio.

Currently, most of what has been publicized has been by supporters of the Dance Team. It appears as though NDSU is trying to keep it internal, but the Dance Team supporters continue to contact the media and to encourage people to speak out. I spoke with a dance mom from NDSU shortly after the game. She tried to tell me that they were cut because NDSU "decided to give away the Dance Team's tickets and needed their time to run advertising for their sponsors." After I called her bluff she said that she would say what she needed to say to get them back on the field.

I think it is quite a stretch to involve Dorn... Also, keep in mind that they met twice with the President of the Student Body, a chancellor of Student Organizations and Prakash Mathews. This was not driven in whole by the Athletic Department. The Athletic Department is in a bit of a quandary considering the Dance Team is a student organization, so it is really not their place to say anything.

coldspot
09-16-2013, 12:44 PM
never really noticed they were on the field, wont miss that they aren't anymore. if they want to get back on the field so bad they can go out for the cheer squad.

56BISON73
09-16-2013, 02:04 PM
never really noticed they were on the field, wont miss that they aren't anymore. if they want to get back on the field so bad they can go out for the cheer squad.

Im am kind of where you are on this whole thing. But after hearing what actually went on they can take a powder.

A1pigskin
09-17-2013, 12:09 AM
The dance team should go downtown during Gameday.

A1pigskin
09-22-2013, 11:25 PM
The dance team was at Gameday. I talked with one of them and they still cannot perform. I have no idea who she was but very nice.