PDA

View Full Version : Bison/Griz game

NLGrizFan
09-08-2013, 09:49 PM
My Girfriend and I and my buddy and his wife are talking about going to Fargo next season for the game. Any suggestions on where and what the happenings are in town. None of us have ever been there but are big Griz fans and wanting to see The NDSU Bison in action.

Bison03
09-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the board first of all. I highly suggest you try to make it to Fargo. Gameday is like no other. Plenty of great restaurants and bars to choose from. Tailgating is huge with thousands in the lot. Inside the dome is the best atmosphere you will see in the FCS that you will see outside Missoula. We treat our guests well and you will leave Fargo wanting to come back. Just make sure your AD doesn't buy out of the game like the Pussycats at MSU did.

DjKyRo
09-08-2013, 10:54 PM
My Girfriend and I and my buddy and his wife are talking about going to Fargo next season for the game. Any suggestions on where and what the happenings are in town. None of us have ever been there but are big Griz fans and wanting to see The NDSU Bison in action.

Tons of hotels located in the central business district of western Fargo. West Acres mall is the big attraction and there's probably a dozen big hotels nearby that will likely be packed but should have space, especially if you reserve early. Lots of attractions in that area, and it's equidistant from the downtown bar area (number one area to go for post-game celebration) and the Dome.

BisonTeacher
09-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Make sure you stop into the Northern Exposure. Great food and awesome ambiance.

NLGrizFan
09-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Welcome to the board first of all. I highly suggest you try to make it to Fargo. Gameday is like no other. Plenty of great restaurants and bars to choose from. Tailgating is huge with thousands in the lot. Inside the dome is the best atmosphere you will see in the FCS that you will see outside Missoula. We treat our guests well and you will leave Fargo wanting to come back. Just make sure your AD doesn't buy out of the game like the Pussycats at MSU did.
Oh trust me, the Griz won't buy this one out. msu is just a crude crew of weaklings. FTC.
We're really looking fwd to this game!! Griz Nation is excited for this upcoming game!! Any suggestions on motels to stay at? We're thinking about taking the Amtrak to Fargo so we'll likely be using public transportion because none of us know our way around town. Tailgating in Fargo sounds outstanding from what I've heard.

Gully
09-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Oh trust me, the Griz won't buy this one out. msu is just a crude crew of weaklings. FTC.
We're really looking fwd to this game!! Griz Nation is excited for this upcoming game!! Any suggestions on motels to stay at? We're thinking about taking the Amtrak to Fargo so we'll likely be using public transportion because none of us know our way around town. Tailgating in Fargo sounds outstanding from what I've heard.

Train stops near downtown, I think. Down there you have the Hodo (nice and expensive), Howard Johnson (no frills but cheaper), and the Radison (pretty nice and price in between the other two). There are 2-3 hotels near the dome including a no-frills Days Inn across the street, a hotel on campus next to the tailgating lot, and a nicer Hilton (I think it's a homewood suites or something). Otherwise you could stay in the area near the mall where there are dozens of hotels but it's a little more of a drive but not too far.

tjbison
09-08-2013, 11:11 PM

if you come Amtrak I would stay at the Radisson downtown then you can walk to all the bars/restaurants downtown

there is also www.hoteldonaldson.com but it a little pricey but really nice

MNLonghorn10
09-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Stay by the dome if you have no means of travel...if you have to cab it everywhere, leaving the game may be a hassle (due to traffic)

Make sure to hit up dt fargo friday night and go bar hopping on broadway.

tailgating starts 5 hrs before kick off, like any college...i recommend coming for the full tailgate...plenty of sightseeing and rigs youll be invited to. We had ferris state fans in our bus 10 minutes into the tailgate yesterday, didn't think thatd ever happen.

HerdBot
09-08-2013, 11:18 PM
Downtown bar scene is fun, south Fargo the mall and all the retail in the general area is impressive. Check out Scheels, its headquarters is in Fargo and its the 2nd or 3rd biggest sporting goods store in the nation. Some of the cool spots are downtown.

Next year should be a great game.

Bisonguy
09-08-2013, 11:28 PM

If you can afford it, stay at the HoDo (hoteldonaldson.com) or possibly the Radisson. Both are located downtown where there are unique restaurants and bars, as opposed to the same suburb chain crap that every other city has out by the mall. Check out a movie at the Fargo Theatre (also downtown), which is a Fargo icon. Plenty of unique shops downtown as well that women like, so throw in a movie, dinner and a room at the HoDo, and it's pretty much a given that you'll get laid.

The Howard Johnson would be the economy choice.

All three of these hotels are 4 blocks or less from the Amtrak station and would have a a lot of dining, bars, etc. within walking distance (Fargo Theatre) as well. The city bus terminal is on the opposite side of downtown from the Amtrak station, but within walking distance of the hotels. There is also the Great Northern Bicycle Company downtown if you're real Missoula hippies and want to rent bikes.

There is also the Scandia Hotel, but that's just past the retail area if downtown and can have a different crowd there as most people staying there have somebody in Sanford Hospital across the street.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Hammersmith
09-09-2013, 12:21 AM
I'm going to repackage what the others have said and expand a little because I'm OCD like that.

In short, there are three major areas of Fargo that you might be interested in as an outsider coming for a Bison game. Each has strengths and weaknesses.

Ultimate Convenience:
If you're just interested in the game, you can get all the basics within a quarter mile of the Fargodome. This is toward the northern end of Fargo and near the NDSU campus. There are three hotels that span the range from basic rattrap to moderately nice suites. Food options are reasonably plentiful, but limited to fastfood and casual dining. Almost all are chains. There is really nothing else to do within walking distance except our small air museum and NDSU itself. No retail to speak of. If you were to go this route, you would need one cab or shuttle ride from the station to your hotel, and one ride back. Everything else you could walk to.

Hotels: Days Inn, Candlewood Suites, Homewood Suites
Food: Taco Bell, Subway, Burger King, Quiznos, Pizza Hut, Red Pepper(local grinders), Juanos(local quick Mexican), BWW, Grand Junction(sandwiches), Applebees, few more
Retail: nothing
Sights: air museum

Retail Nirvana(not really):
If you like to shop and like chains, the 13th Ave retail corridor is for you. This is about a two mile stretch in the middle-west of town that is anchored by our shopping mall, West Acres. Our mall is fairly large(bigger than anything you'll find in Montana) and is quite nice - for a shopping mall. The interior was redone less than ten years ago and the design is Arts and Crafts Style. It lacks the high-end stores you might find in major metros. The four anchor stores are Sears, JC Penneys, Herbergers, and Macys. The rest of the mall is mostly national chains with a few local stores mixed in. Outside of West Acres, you will find a multitude of other chains, both retail and food. You name a chain that exists in the upper Midwest and we probably have it somewhere along the corridor. There are three hotels within a stone's throw of the mall, about a half dozen more within another block's radius, and yet a dozen more within extended walking distance(<2mi). The 13th Ave area is more than a few miles away from the Fargodome, so walking to the game from here is not an option.

Hotels: dozen+; closest include Kelly Inn, Holiday Inn, Ramada Plaza Suites
Food: tons; closest include West Acres food court, most any fastfood, Applebees, TGI Fridays, Chili's, Granite City, Panera, Red Lobster, Longhorn Steak, Osaka
Retail: also tons - mostly chains; Scheels All Sports
Sights: pretty much just West Acres itself and Scheels, 24 movie screens between two theaters

Uniquely Fargo:
If you want to do more than just go to the game, and chain-everything is not your style, then you'll want to stay in downtown Fargo. You'll arrive toward the north end of downtown, but the good stuff is only a couple blocks away. As a city, we've spent the last fifteen years or so cleaning up and revitalizing our downtown, and we're rightfully proud of the results. Chain retail and food is few and far between in this area. You can walk the length of downtown Broadway(~6 blocks) and the downtown section of Main(~4 blocks) and pass by shop after shop of local fare. Lots of boutique shops and other small businesses are present as well as local eating and drinking establishments. You could almost think of it as a small slice of hip Chicago or Minneapolis transported to Fargo and given a North Dakota twist. Hotel options are a bit restricted(4 of them), but one of them might suit your fancy. The Hotel Donaldson is the ultimate in Fargo Unique, but it's spendy and has only 12 rooms(though each is unique and features a local artist). Again, you will probably need transportation to the game as the area is not within easy walking distance of the Fargodome(2.5mi).

Hotels: Howard Johnson, Scandia(caters to hospital families), Radisson, Hotel Donaldson(HoDo)
Food: Mexican Village, Sammy's Pizza, Juanos(full service Mexican), King House Chinese, JL Beers, Rhombus Pizza, Thai Orchid, HoDo, Monte's, Beefsteak Club, many more
Retail: too many to mention; antiques, art, crafts, clothing, music, furniture, comics/books, décor, etc
Sights: art museum, downtown NDSU campus, downtown itself, riverfront, library, historic movie theater, multiple small-stage theatres, live music, Viking ship(really)

website with good info: http://downtownfargo.com/

in general, hotel and food options are listed from low quality to high

1998braves64
09-09-2013, 12:49 AM
Food: Taco Bell, Subway, Burger King, Quiznos, Pizza Hut, Juanos(local quick Mexican), BWW, Applebees
]
Forgot Grand Junction and Labby's and Chinese place.. :D

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Bisonguy
09-09-2013, 01:02 AM
Hammer- hate to have to correct your wonderful post, but there is also the Scandia for staying downtown and the Amtrak station is by Great Northern Bicycle Co and Tru-Green. The adult store is by the MATBus GTC on the other end of downtown. Fargodome is about 2.5 miles from downtown, so 10 minutes more than the "extended" walk you have by the mall with a lot less traffic to worry about.

The Ultimate Convenience option also has Labby's (bar and bar food), Grand Junction (local east coast style subs), Fortune House, a liquor store, and Red Pepper (cheap regional Mexican that's bland as hell but cheap).

tjbison
09-09-2013, 01:02 AM

and Mcdonalds

Bisonguy
09-09-2013, 01:09 AM
and Mcdonalds

D'oh!

And Cherry Berry

tjbison
09-09-2013, 01:14 AM
D'oh!

And Cherry Berry

and the Turf

NDSUstudent
09-09-2013, 01:16 AM
Could also include Spicy Pie, Jimmy Johns and of course there is also the turf if a person wanted to take a stroll through campus and get some food.

imabison
09-09-2013, 01:17 AM
Hammer- hate to have to correct your wonderful post, but there is also the Scandia for staying downtown and the Amtrak station is by Great Northern Bicycle Co and Tru-Green. The adult store is by the MATBus GTC on the other end of downtown. Fargodome is about 2.5 miles from downtown, so 10 minutes more than the "extended" walk you have by the mall with a lot less traffic to worry about.

The Ultimate Convenience option also has Labby's (bar and bar food), Grand Junction (local east coast style subs), Fortune House, a liquor store, and Red Pepper (cheap regional Mexican that's bland as hell but cheap).

Depending on the weather rain or not you can consider the new Peddle taxis running around. 2 people max, but you pay for the location you want to go. New to Fargo this year. I would be positive they run from downtown to the Fargodome. I know I saw one peddle through the tailgate lot on Saturday.

Bisonguy
09-09-2013, 01:18 AM
That's beginning to be more of a hike all the way across campus, and you might as well include Jimmy Johns too as that's almost closer than the Turf.

BisonTeacher
09-09-2013, 01:23 AM
I would be positive they run from downtown to the Fargodome. I know I saw one peddle through the tailgate lot on Saturday.

That was just AG stopping by on his break looking for something to drink.

Hammersmith
09-09-2013, 01:31 AM

Damn, for some reason I thought Amtrak disembarked at the MAT terminal. Guess I got that confused with Greyhound when they used to run buses(or do they still?). I'll fix it in a minute. Like you, I was thinking the Scandia was a little bit outside downtown, but it's close enough to the Amtrak station to be included. As for the missing places, I was trying to limit each of those entries to a single line for the sake of readability. Naming Labby's or Grand Junction would have required explanation as to what kind of place they were. Thus, they were sacrificed on the altar of expediency. Sorry guys. Just plain forgot about Red Pepper. And McDs. Must have had mental blinders that only included the north side of 19th.

Bisonguy
09-09-2013, 01:37 AM
Depending on the weather rain or not you can consider the new Peddle taxis running around. 2 people max, but you pay for the location you want to go. New to Fargo this year. I would be positive they run from downtown to the Fargodome. I know I saw one peddle through the tailgate lot on Saturday.

They will definitely take you to the Fargodome from downtown.

Here's their book of faces-

www.facebook.com/TotesPeople

BlueBisonRock
09-09-2013, 02:11 AM
I believe the Radisson has a game day shuttle to the Fargodome. At least it did the last time we stayed there (couple years back).

imabison
09-09-2013, 02:16 AM
I believe the Radisson has a game day shuttle to the Fargodome. At least it did the last time we stayed there (couple years back).
I would bet that any hotel in Fargo that offers a shuttle will go to the Fargodome for events.

Ndsu84
09-09-2013, 02:26 AM
Wow. Great replies everyone. You can stay with us for free but we r 45 minutes nw of the dome and sometimes are too drunk to get home!

If you're mostly into football, I would stay at the Homewood suites a block north of the dome and tailgate all day. If you're into downtown, you will really love Fargo. The radisson is where we usually stay when there.

onbison09
09-09-2013, 04:21 AM
Please beat the shit out of UN_ this week

NLGrizFan
09-09-2013, 03:32 PM
WoW!! 3 pages of replies! Thanks guys!! I like all your ideas and suggestions. I'm gonna run them by everyone in our "party" (lol) and see what we all decide on.
Ya know, there has been a few UND fans in eGriz.com sayin NDSU fans are arrogant fans. I've learned that the UND fans must be just a jealous group of people. After what I heard I never expected much of a reply. Especially not 3 pages worth!! Very Cool!! Hopefully after the upcoming game NDSU and the Grizzlies will start a new rivalry similarities to the one we had with App State. Everyone got alone really well and partied like family. But now that App State has moved up to the FBS level there isn't much of a chance ever playing them again. Hopefully we can start the same thing we had with them here with you guys!! NDSU football is THE Class of the FCS right now and the fans are just as classy!! Can't wait to see you guys in Fargo!!!

Tatanka
09-09-2013, 03:48 PM
WoW!! 3 pages of replies! Thanks guys!! I like all your ideas and suggestions. I'm gonna run them by everyone in our "party" (lol) and see what we all decide on.
Ya know, there has been a few UND fans in eGriz.com sayin NDSU fans are arrogant fans. I've learned that the UND fans must be just a jealous group of people. After what I heard I never expected much of a reply. Especially not 3 pages worth!! Very Cool!! Hopefully after the upcoming game NDSU and the Grizzlies will start a new rivalry similarities to the one we had with App State. Everyone got alone really well and partied like family. But now that App State has moved up to the FBS level there isn't much of a chance ever playing them again. Hopefully we can start the same thing we had with them here with you guys!! NDSU football is THE Class of the FCS right now and the fans are just as classy!! Can't wait to see you guys in Fargo!!!

Thanks for the kind remarks. Every fanbase has their asshats. Some, more vocal than others. Some, more numerous than others. Some, both. See you at the tailgate next year!

NLGrizFan
09-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the kind remarks. Every fanbase has their asshats. Some, more vocal than others. Some, more numerous than others. Some, both. See you at the tailgate next year!

I'm really stoked for this now. And yes, I totally agree with you. Every teams fan base has them. Some worse than others. I remember in 2011 at the UNI vs the Griz @ Wa-Griz a Griz fan threw a frozen Ding Dong or Ho-Ho at one of the players and it went into his face mask. Total BS!! The UNI players were in a pretty hostile environment as it was and didn't deserve a frozen snack to the face. The biggest group of asshats has gotta be msu. They really wanna be recognized but nobody cares and it really burns their a$$'s lol. If this is true: http://bobcatnation.com/node/484 I don't think they'll even make the playoffs this season.

NorthernBison
09-09-2013, 04:15 PM
I've obviously never stayed at the Hotel Donaldson. I checked out their website. It looks like they have 17 rooms and you can click on each one and see what it looks like. I've heard the term spendy used. I didn't see rates listed anywhere. I assume this fits the "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" category?

I recently spent some time Downtown and there is definitely a lot there that people are unaware of.

99Bison
09-09-2013, 04:33 PM
+1 for downtown - stay at the Hodo and Mezzaluna for excellent happy hour dining for the win.

BisonTeacher
09-09-2013, 04:44 PM
I've obviously never stayed at the Hotel Donaldson. I checked out their website. It looks like they have 17 rooms and you can click on each one and see what it looks like. I've heard the term spendy used. I didn't see rates listed anywhere. I assume this fits the "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" category?

I recently spent some time Downtown and there is definitely a lot there that people are unaware of.

When I looked at availability for homecoming it was 300-400 a night. I thought the Radisson was expensive at 240.

marenlee
09-09-2013, 05:04 PM
This is getting me pumped already for next season. I think this thread just made me decide I'm going to make the trip up to North Dakota next season. It would have to be week 1 or 2 since the family has only seen cold and dreary ND and not pleasant ND.

Vitojr130
09-09-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm going to repackage what the others have said and expand a little because I'm OCD like that.

In short, there are three major areas of Fargo that you might be interested in as an outsider coming for a Bison game. Each has strengths and weaknesses.

Ultimate Convenience:
If you're just interested in the game, you can get all the basics within a quarter mile of the Fargodome. This is toward the northern end of Fargo and ON the NDSU campus. There are three hotels that span the range from basic rattrap to moderately nice suites. Food options are reasonably plentiful, but limited to fastfood and casual dining. Almost all are chains. There is really nothing else to do within walking distance except our small air museum and NDSU itself. No retail to speak of. If you were to go this route, you would need one cab or shuttle ride from the station to your hotel, and one ride back. Everything else you could walk to.

Hey, you said you are a little OCD so I fixed it for you:biggrin:

Vitojr130
09-09-2013, 05:20 PM

And the Red Pepper (but don't go here. It's a Grand Forks-based operation and my friends have got food poisoning every time. [no joke]).

I would highly, HIGHLY recommend going to JL Beers for a burger and beer with some chips.

roper1313
09-09-2013, 06:04 PM
That's beginning to be more of a hike all the way across campus, and you might as well include Jimmy Johns too as that's almost closer than the Turf.

It's not a hike if the weather is sunny and mild!! Best "scenery" in town on a sunny day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Bison03
09-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Somehow I am slowing learning something reguarding fan bases:

Montana is to NDSU as Montana St. is to UND.

THEsocalledfan
09-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Heck, Bison03, the athletics departments, too.

UND cheese out on continuing to play NDSU or moving up with NDSU leaving them out in the cold.

Mont. St. screws NDSU not once, but twice by not coming to Fargo when promised with this year taking the cake.

Those are UND quality actions.

Tatanka
09-09-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm not so quick to let Montana off the hook. They wrote the book on douching out on return games. Just ask sdsu.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

perthbison
09-09-2013, 08:54 PM
And the Red Pepper (but don't go here. It's a Grand Forks-based operation and my friends have got food poisoning every time. [no joke]).

.Interesting. thanks for the tip

Willie44
09-10-2013, 02:55 AM
Having lived in Fargo for 4 years, I know the Old Broadway is usually a fun stop too. Spent many Friday nights there with the Drink-The-Date deals.

Bison03
09-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Having lived in Fargo for 4 years, I know the Old Broadway is usually a fun stop too. Spent many Friday nights there with the Drink-The-Date deals.

That deal still exists!! This game is September 6th, so get on down there early on Friday and bring you roll of nickels!!

1st&TennBison
09-10-2013, 10:12 PM
One good place for them to stay would be the Best Western, the one on main ave near the interstate. They run a shuttle to the game about an hour before kickoff and bring you back to the hotel, well actually the bar runs the shuttle but it is attached to the hotel. The name of the bar is O'Kelly's. Plus it is easy to get to the game hence they are right next to the interstate and it is just a straight shot north to 19th ave and the dome.

tjbison
09-10-2013, 11:14 PM
One good place for them to stay would be the Best Western, the one on main ave near the interstate. They run a shuttle to the game about an hour before kickoff and bring you back to the hotel, well actually the bar runs the shuttle but it is attached to the hotel. The name of the bar is O'Kelly's. Plus it is easy to get to the game hence they are right next to the interstate and it is just a straight shot north to 19th ave and the dome.

ouch, that place is a dump hasn't been updated since the 80's, one of the hotels in Fargo

Okellys is a teamaker but I would stay somewhere else

BadlandsBison
09-11-2013, 12:01 AM
ouch, that place is a dump hasn't been updated since the 80's, one of the oldest notes in Fargo

Okellys is a teamaker but I would stay somewhere else

The bar there is good, so there is an excuse to stay out of the room.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

roadwarrior
09-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Without a car, that hotel is the last place I would want to stay in Fargo.

1st&TennBison
09-11-2013, 02:07 AM

I have never stayed at the hotel, it seemed like it would be a good place to stay if you were from out of town, to bad. The bar seemed like a good place to hang out though, lots of NDSU fans there even when no games are playing so I thought it was a NDSU hangout.

tjbison
09-11-2013, 02:09 AM
I have never stayed at the hotel, it seemed like it would be a good place to stay if you were from out of town, to bad. The bar seemed like a good place to hang out though, lots of NDSU fans there even when no games are playing so I thought it was a NDSU hangout.

bar = ok
Hotel = shit

1st&TennBison
09-11-2013, 02:09 AM

If that is the case, wouldn't the best place to stay be at one of the hotels near the dome? I'm unaware of any of the downtown places offering shuttles to the games from down there.

tjbison
09-11-2013, 02:13 AM
If that is the case, wouldn't the best place to stay be at one of the hotels near the dome? I'm unaware of any of the downtown places offering shuttles to the games from down there.

the point being at least downtown or by the dome is you can walk to many different establishments, Kelly inn on Main and I29 you are stuck at Okellys, food isn't good only drinks.

DT is way better and the dome is just a cab away for 10 bucks

NLGrizFan
09-11-2013, 02:27 AM
I'm not so quick to let Montana off the hook. They wrote the book on douching out on return games. Just ask sdsu.

Come on now, we gave the game that they wanted but not the way they wanted it :)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tz_opg3JR3M

Tatanka
09-11-2013, 02:58 AM
Come on now, we gave the game that they wanted but not the way they wanted it :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tz_opg3JR3M

:). Indeed. Still doesn't erase buying out of the return game on the back end of a two for one. That's a douchebag move.

UTH
09-11-2013, 06:36 PM

They probably knew who they were serving.

Hammersmith
09-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Since the OP said they were coming in on Amtrak, this article seems appropriate. Note that the article says they hope most of the delays will be resolved yet this calendar year.

All aboard for late-night wait: Amtrak trains rarely on time through Fargo (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/411820/)

bisonmike2
09-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Since the OP said they were coming in on Amtrak, this article seems appropriate. Note that the article says they hope most of the delays will be resolved yet this calendar year.

All aboard for late-night wait: Amtrak trains rarely on time through Fargo (http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/411820/)

I rode the train out of Fargo 3 times and it was late every time. The smallest delay was 3 hours. And that sucks because each time we were leaving at 2 am only to not leave until 5 to 9am. Not only that but the last time I rode it there was a fire in the dining car so you couldn't eat on the train unless you brought your own food or purchased dry goods at the snack shack. I enjoyed riding through Glacier national park on the train but it was not worth the 25 hour ride to get there.And it's been 4 years since I rode it last but last time I looked the tickets were very expensive.

CAS4127
09-11-2013, 09:04 PM
I rode the train out of Fargo 3 times and it was late every time. The smallest delay was 3 hours. And that sucks because each time we were leaving at 2 am only to not leave until 5 to 9am. Not only that but the last time I rode it there was a fire in the dining car so you couldn't eat on the train unless you brought your own food or purchased dry goods at the snack shack. I enjoyed riding through Glacier national park on the train but it was not worth the 25 hour ride to get there.And it's been 4 years since I rode it last but last time I looked the tickets were very expensive.

Did riding the train inhibit your ability to use commas, or does that come from something entirely different?!?

bisonmike2
09-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Did riding the train inhibit your ability to use commas, or does that come from something entirely different?!?

thatwassomethingentirelydifferentandidontwanttogoi ntothatnow

THEsocalledfan
09-11-2013, 09:08 PM

I road the train a couple times from St. Paul to Rugby round trip. I quickly learned you always call to find out when it is estimated, or you end up sitting there forever.

NLGrizFan
09-14-2013, 03:44 PM
:). Indeed. Still doesn't erase buying out of the return game on the back end of a two for one. That's a douchebag move.

I'll have to agree. $hit move by UM and honestly I can not remember why they did that. I'm not sure if it was home games or money. But as far as I know, there hasn't been any talk of a buy out. The Griz also play Wyoming next season. As things stand right now, Wyoming is #1 in their conference. Right now. Wyoming has had a pretty lame schedule so far. If they hold up tho, Montana is looking at a fairly tough schedule in 2014 with NDSU and Wyoming.

BisonFan02
09-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Our "friend" is back on egriz....holy hell

Griz1952 wrote:

NLGrizFan wrote:

THE HERD wrote:I was tailgating right across from this guy and went to talk to him about the flag. He told me his brother lives in Missoula and is a season ticket holder for the Griz. He wasnt hassled one bit about it by anyone, because Bison fans respect Montana's program and their fans :thumb: This guy is a Bison season ticket holder. Now if he was flying a Cats kite he would not have gotten such a warm response :lol:

That'd be awesome to start a rivalry with NDSU like we had/have with App State. A small crew of us are planning a trip to Fargo next season for the game. Lookin fwd to a great game and tailgating!! I've been over on your forum talkin to some of the fans about places to stay, eat, & hang out and got an overwhelming response. Well, more than I expected that I'd get. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Two threads with similar titles – this one on EGRIZ the other on *****ville. My opinion only, I refuse to call them by their name.

In the future NLGrizFan will learn to not post over there and wish he never started the thread.

Read the comments by THE HERD about the Cats then consider the following:

Two scenarios – 10/06/2012 I witnessed firsthand; 12/14/2013 is a potential in the future that in my opinion GRIZ nation needs to be aware of to prevent trouble.

10/06/2012 Fargo Dome the homecoming parade. A mutual acquaintance and myself were asked to walk alongside a float to prevent children from being hurt while chasing candy tossed from floats. I wore blue jeans and a blue jacket; he wore blue jeans and a red jacket color similar to the Youngstown State Penguins. During the parade I had no issues, my buddy was called a n****r f**king penguin along with having an empty beer bottle thrown at him to the cheers of some of the fans lining the route. We considered the source, let it go knowing the only thing that mattered was no children were involved.

12/14/2013 FCS Playoffs Fargo Dome. Griz are playing the local team. Fan Griz and fan buffalo manure fly to Fargo. Both rent vehicles with Montana license plates and park in Fargo Dome parking lot. While walking to the game both fans vehicles tires are slashed, windows smashed, and both fans slip on the ice. Fan buffalo manure is attended to by EMTs and transported to Sanford. Fan Griz is kicked and stomped on while EMTs are blocked from rendering assistance. The perpetrators are arrested. Fan Griz after recovering at Sanford is able to give a statement.

The case is prosecuted, Fan Griz who returns to testify is mocked on the witness stand by the defense. Despite overwhelming evidence including videos, EMT, and police testimony the jury will not convict knowing their families safety can not be guaranteed. The perpetrators walk free and are greeted with applause by many who post on their board.

That in my opinion accurately depicts their culture. This should end this thread on EGRIZ. The buffalo manure is going to hit the fan over there.

aces1180
09-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Our "friend" is back on egriz....holy hell

Griz1952 wrote:

NLGrizFan wrote:

THE HERD wrote:I was tailgating right across from this guy and went to talk to him about the flag. He told me his brother lives in Missoula and is a season ticket holder for the Griz. He wasnt hassled one bit about it by anyone, because Bison fans respect Montana's program and their fans :thumb: This guy is a Bison season ticket holder. Now if he was flying a Cats kite he would not have gotten such a warm response :lol:

That'd be awesome to start a rivalry with NDSU like we had/have with App State. A small crew of us are planning a trip to Fargo next season for the game. Lookin fwd to a great game and tailgating!! I've been over on your forum talkin to some of the fans about places to stay, eat, & hang out and got an overwhelming response. Well, more than I expected that I'd get. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Two threads with similar titles – this one on EGRIZ the other on *****ville. My opinion only, I refuse to call them by their name.

In the future NLGrizFan will learn to not post over there and wish he never started the thread.

Read the comments by THE HERD about the Cats then consider the following:

Two scenarios – 10/06/2012 I witnessed firsthand; 12/14/2013 is a potential in the future that in my opinion GRIZ nation needs to be aware of to prevent trouble.

10/06/2012 Fargo Dome the homecoming parade. A mutual acquaintance and myself were asked to walk alongside a float to prevent children from being hurt while chasing candy tossed from floats. I wore blue jeans and a blue jacket; he wore blue jeans and a red jacket color similar to the Youngstown State Penguins. During the parade I had no issues, my buddy was called a n****r f**king penguin along with having an empty beer bottle thrown at him to the cheers of some of the fans lining the route. We considered the source, let it go knowing the only thing that mattered was no children were involved.

12/14/2013 FCS Playoffs Fargo Dome. Griz are playing the local team. Fan Griz and fan buffalo manure fly to Fargo. Both rent vehicles with Montana license plates and park in Fargo Dome parking lot. While walking to the game both fans vehicles tires are slashed, windows smashed, and both fans slip on the ice. Fan buffalo manure is attended to by EMTs and transported to Sanford. Fan Griz is kicked and stomped on while EMTs are blocked from rendering assistance. The perpetrators are arrested. Fan Griz after recovering at Sanford is able to give a statement.

The case is prosecuted, Fan Griz who returns to testify is mocked on the witness stand by the defense. Despite overwhelming evidence including videos, EMT, and police testimony the jury will not convict knowing their families safety can not be guaranteed. The perpetrators walk free and are greeted with applause by many who post on their board.

That in my opinion accurately depicts their culture. This should end this thread on EGRIZ. The buffalo manure is going to hit the fan over there.

WTF? Let's discuss the content of the bolded section which he says is a prediction. To think that would happen is absolutely insane.

This particular poster obviously has mental issues and frankly, I feel bad for him.

tjbison
09-14-2013, 07:06 PM
WTF? Let's discuss the content of the bolded section which he says is a prediction. To think that would happen is absolutely insane.

This particular poster obviously has mental issues and frankly, I feel bad for him.

I'm a little confused, who posted it?? why?? and WTF?

BisonFan02
09-14-2013, 07:11 PM

Same dude that had the Gastropub meltdown I believe.

BadlandsBison
09-14-2013, 07:12 PM

WHOA. Question, how long has his brain been a nutbar?

aces1180
09-14-2013, 07:12 PM

Same guy that wanted to eviscerate PL with pointed remarks...He pops up at eGriz once in a while to disparage NDSU and its fans.

He was mad because Bison fans and Griz fans were talking about the future home/home...

tony
09-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Same guy that wanted to eviscerate PL with pointed remarks...He pops up at eGriz once in a while to disparage NDSU and its fans.

He was mad because Bison fans and Griz fans were talking about the future home/home...

The guy's gears are slipping. Hope he gets some help.

tjbison
09-14-2013, 08:08 PM

got it, figured that might be it

tony
09-15-2013, 12:00 AM
Accidental post

KilldeerBison
09-15-2013, 12:52 AM
Griz 33, Pooh 10 at the half.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Saw AG on TV at halftime.

Wow. There is hardly no one in the stands.

KilldeerBison
09-15-2013, 01:40 AM
End of 3rd, Griz 47 UN___ 17. Toe-to-toe.

CarringtonBison
09-15-2013, 01:45 AM

Hey I thought that I saw him also. The game sucks ball to watch, so I was crowd watching to see if I could see some friends and he was there. Looking pretty pekid.

KilldeerBison
09-15-2013, 01:50 AM
Ha ha. Griz score 55 crazy speeds 17. Then Griz go for 2 and make it, Muss stares at the Griz coach, if looks could kill?

tjbison
09-15-2013, 01:52 AM
Ha ha. Griz score 55 crazy speeds 17. Then Griz go for 2 and make it, Muss stares at the Griz coach, if looks could kill?

love it, after all the crap they spew its Karma

Griz are good no doubt but The undies are not good

KilldeerBison
09-15-2013, 01:55 AM
Muss gives the "pioux" eye to the Griz coach! Look out for the post game hand shake.

Tatanka
09-15-2013, 01:58 AM
https://vine.co/v/hnrQ0jWaOOK

Lots of online only attendees...

devin45k
09-15-2013, 01:59 AM
Good lord....Montana is going to get over 600 total yards.....UND has no defense lol.....actually the Big Fluffy has bad defense in general.

devin45k
09-15-2013, 02:00 AM

What a joke.....

KilldeerBison
09-15-2013, 02:00 AM
Griz now running through the pioux D, *like shit through a goose. *Tatankadonk.

loudsilverado
09-15-2013, 02:01 AM
So come Monday, we are #2 in the polls?

KilldeerBison
09-15-2013, 02:12 AM
Final Griz 55 crazy Speeds 17. Muss lost his man-card.

Tatanka
09-15-2013, 02:13 AM
So come Monday, we are #2 in the polls?

according to hammer, to save moral victory, probably.

perthbison
09-15-2013, 02:29 AM

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.they'll claim to have had 10000 + in the seats

Tatanka
09-15-2013, 02:31 AM
Actually announced attendance was less than 10k.

perthbison
09-15-2013, 02:33 AM
Final Griz 55 crazy Speeds 17. Muss lost his man-card.Listened to some of the first half and mollberg was really lighting it up and the radio dude calling the game for the sue said the penalty calling of the refs was slanted against them

perthbison
09-15-2013, 02:35 AM
Actually announced attendance was less than 10k.

if they can't sell it out with the griz playing them there isn't much hope

tjbison
09-15-2013, 02:35 AM
Listened to some of the first half and mollberg was really lighting it up and the radio dude calling the game for the sue said the penalty calling of the refs was slanted against them

must have been Jack Micheals right?

KilldeerBison
09-15-2013, 02:39 AM
Hammer looked like somebody had kicked him in the nuts after the game was over.

Tatanka
09-15-2013, 02:49 AM
Hammer looked like somebody had kicked him in the nuts after the game was over.

technically impossible.

56BISON73
09-15-2013, 02:51 AM
technically impossible.

Unless he was kicked in the lower abdomen as that is where the ovaries are located.

BadlandsBison
09-15-2013, 03:28 AM
if they can't sell it out with the griz playing them there isn't much hope

They have 1 hope, and its 70 miles south :facepalm:

BisManBison
09-15-2013, 04:17 AM
Apparently the Griz already hammered us today according to the ESPN recap of the Griz game today. Good grief :facepalm:

Montana storms past North Dakota, 55-17
RECOMMEND8TWEET1
Associated Press
GRAND FORKS, N.D. -- Jordan Johnson threw five touchdown passes as Montana erased an early North Dakota lead to defeat the Bison 55-17 on Saturday night.

The Griz (2-0) reeled off 33 unanswered points after falling behind 7-0 just minutes after the opening kickoff. Johnson, who completed 15 of 19 passes for 354 yards, threw 3 TDs in the first quarter and two more late in the game.

North Dakota(1-2) scored first on a Joe Mollberg pass to Blair Townsend, but didn't get on the board again until a Zeb Miller field goal 51 seconds before the half. The Bison had torched Montana's secondary last year, Greg Hardin setting a Big Sky single-game receiving record of 333 yards. Hardin was held to 46 yards on five catches Saturday.

Saturday was a nonconference game.

The Griz last won in Grand Forks in 1971. The teams did not play between 1973 and 2010.

Tatanka
09-15-2013, 04:24 AM
Apparently the Griz already hammered us today according to the ESPN recap of the Griz game today. Good grief :facepalm:

RECOMMEND8TWEET1
Associated Press
GRAND FORKS, N.D. -- Jordan Johnson threw five touchdown passes as Montana erased an early North Dakota lead to defeat the Bison 55-17 on Saturday night.

The Griz (2-0) reeled off 33 unanswered points after falling behind 7-0 just minutes after the opening kickoff. Johnson, who completed 15 of 19 passes for 354 yards, threw 3 TDs in the first quarter and two more late in the game.

North Dakota(1-2) scored first on a Joe Mollberg pass to Blair Townsend, but didn't get on the board again until a Zeb Miller field goal 51 seconds before the half. The Bison had torched Montana's secondary last year, Greg Hardin setting a Big Sky single-game receiving record of 333 yards. Hardin was held to 46 yards on five catches Saturday.

The Griz last won in Grand Forks in 1971. The teams did not play between 1973 and 2010.

well when someone thinks about football in north Dakota they sure as hell ain't thinking about the team in Grand Forks... Pretty pathetic, and funny.

tjbison
09-15-2013, 04:25 AM

RECOMMEND8TWEET1
Associated Press

that was a herald article picked up by the AP wasn't it

Hammersmith
09-15-2013, 05:07 PM
The guy's gears are slipping. Hope he gets some help.

Sadly, the original poster of this thread seems to actually believe him and is reconsidering his trip to our game.

tjbison
09-15-2013, 06:26 PM
Sadly, the original poster of this thread seems to actually believe him and is reconsidering his trip to our game.

Sad, it's all bullshit from a guy who lies. I hope NLgrizFan still comes so he can go back and put that dick in his place.

To any Griz fan cruising this thread, that guy spewing lies about violence etc.....is a wolf in sheepskin clothing. plan your trip, come out a day or two in advance let people on here know and if you need a ride to tailgate ill bet 5 grand someone would drive their tailgate rig and pick you up, nothing that guy is spewing is true. if you think we are that terrible please call the Mayor of Frisco Tx, or ask Georgia Southern, Lehigh, Wofford, Robert Morris, ferris st anyone even Montana St, we went there in 2010 and raised money for a fallen MT State Trooper who had been killed

please don't let one guys blind hatred paint a picture of the fun you would have here.

Willie44
09-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Born and raised in Montana, lived in Fargo for 4 years for college, and I can say that the Bison tailgates rival, if not beat, ours here in Missoula. Both are amazing in their own aspects.

tony
09-15-2013, 08:34 PM
Sad, it's all bullshit from a guy who lies. I hope NLgrizFan still comes so he can go back and put that dick in his place.

To any Griz fan cruising this thread, that guy spewing lies about violence etc.....is a wolf in sheepskin clothing. plan your trip, come out a day or two in advance let people on here know and if you need a ride to tailgate ill bet 5 grand someone would drive their tailgate rig and pick you up, nothing that guy is spewing is true. if you think we are that terrible please call the Mayor of Frisco Tx, or ask Georgia Southern, Lehigh, Wofford, Robert Morris, ferris st anyone even Montana St, we went there in 2010 and raised money for a fallen MT State Trooper who had been killed

please don't let one guys blind hatred paint a picture of the fun you would have here.

First, it was griz1952 posting that stuff not nlgrizfan.

Second, in my opinion, griz1952 is not well. It makes no sense to get angry with a sick person because they are sick. I just hope he gets the help he so clearly needs.

^ There is no purple (sarcasm) in any of that.

tjbison
09-15-2013, 09:42 PM

Second, in my opinion, griz1952 is not well. It makes no sense to get angry with a sick person because they are sick. I just hope he gets the help he so clearly needs.

but NL is contemplating not coming because the crap 1952 is spewing that's what my point was. I don't want 1952 here but NL is welcome along with anybody else

ALPHAGRIZ1
09-16-2013, 02:27 PM

I declined an interview. Drank instead.

See you guys this Friday

Bisonator98
09-16-2013, 02:49 PM

This is obviously correct as it appears griz1952 is actually a wioux fan in grizz gear! Sick, sick indeed!

Willie44
09-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Been a little bored on vacation this week. Here you guys go, feel free to use these.

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg454/MTWillie06/ndsubison.png
http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg454/MTWillie06/ndsubison.png

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg454/MTWillie06/newsig_ndsu.png
http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg454/MTWillie06/newsig_ndsu.png