PDA

View Full Version : Olympic wrestling is saved!

onbison09
09-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Sanity prevailed at the IOC today.

56BISON73
09-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Thank goodness.

onbison09
09-09-2013, 02:55 AM
Thank goodness.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

IndyBison
09-09-2013, 04:05 AM
Not a fan of wrestling and never watch it on TV but I support this decision 100%. Sports that don't have a professional league but have the Olympics as their pinnacle event historically shouldn't be touched. Wrestling belongs in the Olympics much more than newer sports like X-game events or baseball. Basketball and hockey seem to belong but their challenge is having the events occur the same time as their professional seasons.

onbison09
09-09-2013, 04:19 AM
Not a fan of wrestling and never watch it on TV but I support this decision 100%. Sports that don't have a professional league but have the Olympics as their pinnacle event historically shouldn't be touched. Wrestling belongs in the Olympics much more than newer sports like X-game events or baseball. Basketball and hockey seem to belong but their challenge is having the events occur the same time as their professional seasons.

Well hockey takes 2 weeks off so their guys can play (and it does matter to them). Just wish they'd take freaking BMX racing out (they have the X games) and put in softball. Or tennis where it doesn't really seem to fit with the Grand Slams. Sucks for the softball people.

56BISON73
09-09-2013, 04:21 AM
Well hockey takes 2 weeks off so their guys can play (and it does matter to them). Just wish they'd take freaking BMX racing out (they have the X games) and put in softball. Or tennis where it doesn't really seem to fit with the Grand Slams. Sucks for the softball people.

The IOC is all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$--sponsorships. wrestling doesnt have that. But those freaking bikes mean$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

td577
09-09-2013, 04:26 AM
I have not much cared about the Olympics since it went professional. There was such a sense of national pride when it was about a bunch of amateurs (at least on our end anyways). If you wanted to get paid while preparing for the Olympics, you joined the military and got on an all-service team. If you weren't good enough for the All-Army boxing team, you weren't good enough for the trials.

Hammersmith
09-09-2013, 10:35 PM
For those keeping up with the wrestling news, have you heard whether the group running wrestling has got the message about rule simplification? From the tone of the article or two I read, initially dropping wrestling was less about not wanting the sport in the Olympics and more about the heads in the sand mentality of the group in charge. Putting wrestling on the list of sports to be dropped was supposed to be a wake up call and b*tch slap.

BisoninNWMN
09-10-2013, 03:16 AM
Sanity prevailed at the IOC today.

Frickin great news!!

Herewego
09-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Great news for Wrestling. Bison Schedule adding strength, all is good.