PDA

View Full Version : Another B1G Comment, Another Newspaper Article

Herd
09-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Sorry, but I am growing tired of each time a comment is made about FCS/FBS scheduling by Barry Alvarez, Jim Delaney, or another coach or AD in the B1G . . . that it turns into another artilce in the Fargo Forum. This situation is somewhere between a roller coaster ride and a sleeping bear. The comments will go back and forth between being a comment negative to FCS or positive to FCS, and it's clear that the B1G really has no official stance, just a lot of varying options. Is a new Forum article needed each time there's a comment? Gee wiz guys!

This situation is also like a sleeping bear, the more it get poked, the more pissed it gets, and the more likely that the B1G will get more negative toward the FCS. It sure feels like NDSU and UNI are starting to get under the skin of some the leaders in the B1G. That doesnt do us any good. Maybe we could schedule Purdue, throw the game by 30 (play our 3rds and 4ths), and get back into the B1G's good graces? We could afford a loss in 2013, right?

Let the story rest please.

td577
09-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Maybe the B1G should be looking at trading a couple of their bottom feeders for FCS programs. Then they could nail two birds with one stone. They would immediately strengthen their own conference while not only playing FCS programs but inviting them to the conference.

bisonaudit
09-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Sorry, but I am growing tired of each time a comment is made about FCS/FBS scheduling by Barry Alvarez, Jim Delaney, or another coach or AD in the B1G . . . that it turns into another artilce in the Fargo Forum. This situation is somewhere between a roller coaster ride and a sleeping bear. The comments will go back and forth between being a comment negative to FCS or positive to FCS, and it's clear that the B1G really has no official stance, just a lot of varying options. Is a new Forum article needed each time there's a comment? Gee wiz guys!

This situation is also like a sleeping bear, the more it get poked, the more pissed it gets, and the more likely that the B1G will get more negative toward the FCS. It sure feels like NDSU and UNI are starting to get under the skin of some the leaders in the B1G. That doesnt do us any good. Maybe we could schedule Purdue, throw the game by 30 (play our 3rds and 4ths), and get back into the B1G's good graces? We could afford a loss in 2013, right?

Let the story rest please.

The media is not making this a story. The ADs and the President of the B1G don't want these games because they're bad for their TV $$$$. The coaches don't want to give them up because they need to qualify for bowl games or they get fired. This is a story because there's an internal conflict in the B1G and within B1G athletic departments. Whatever that happens to mean to FCS schools doesn't matter to anyone outside of Fargo and Cedar Falls.

MAKBison
09-06-2013, 03:33 PM
That will be the day!

Maybe the B1G should be looking at trading a couple of their bottom feeders for FCS programs. Then they could nail two birds with one stone. They would immediately strengthen their own conference while not only playing FCS programs but inviting them to the conference.

goldenshower
09-06-2013, 03:50 PM

This idea that bottom feeders should get the boot because they are bad at football is the dumbest thing I has ever read!!! The big ten is more than football, that is something ndsu fans have a tough time with because ndsu is football, football, football. Minnesota has been average to bad for the last 40+ yrs, but the Olympic sports have all had high levels of success. I know bison fans don't care but whatever. Baseball at Minnesota has been pretty good, hockey is usually always good. Indiana has been the worst football program in the conference by the numbers but they are one if the biggest names in college basketball. I could go on and on but you get the point. Football isn't going to make or break a major conference, if they were to boot a school it would have happened already. Ndsu is in a great spot IMO because of the direction I think football is going. There will be the major super conferences and everyone else with 2 very cool playoff systems coming soon. If ndsu was located anywhere other than North Dakota there would be a legit shot of getting into a conference like the big 12 but...

Good luck the rest of the year and congrats on the kstate win, it was a great ending!

DePereBisonFan
09-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Well, yesterday Maryland scheduled Towson for 2017. http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/05/maryland-schedules-future-games-with-syracuse-temple-towson/

Bison 4 Life
09-06-2013, 04:01 PM

The B1G will always find some smug sense of superiority. If the football team sucks, the academics are better. Always some bullshit about how great they are.

td577
09-06-2013, 04:07 PM
This idea that bottom feeders should get the boot because they are bad at football is the dumbest thing I has ever read!!! The big ten is more than football, that is something ndsu fans have a tough time with because ndsu is football, football, football. Minnesota has been average to bad for the last 40+ yrs, but the Olympic sports have all had high levels of success. I know bison fans don't care but whatever. Baseball at Minnesota has been pretty good, hockey is usually always good. Indiana has been the worst football program in the conference by the numbers but they are one if the biggest names in college basketball. I could go on and on but you get the point. Football isn't going to make or break a major conference, if they were to boot a school it would have happened already. Ndsu is in a great spot IMO because of the direction I think football is going. There will be the major super conferences and everyone else with 2 very cool playoff systems coming soon. If ndsu was located anywhere other than North Dakota there would be a legit shot of getting into a conference like the big 12 but...

Good luck the rest of the year and congrats on the kstate win, it was a great ending!

Obviously, someone needed the purple font. I will be more careful for those folks like you in the future.

That is great that your goofers do so awesome in other sports. You are right. The athletic excellence at Minnesota has been mind boggling.

Quite frankly, you are also right that I don't care. You can't handle someone being facetious and on the same token, you are at our message board spewing your distaste for a crazy comment that takes a crack at your beloved goofers, even though I never once mentioned them. I am quite impressed you took time out to come set me straight since it has been difficult to see specific goofer athletic excellence when bombarded with it from every direction. Maybe there will come a day when your program can give you something more to talk about than what some Bison fan is joking about 190 miles away.

Bison bison
09-06-2013, 04:08 PM
This idea that bottom feeders should get the boot because they are bad at football is the dumbest thing I has ever read!!! The big ten is more than football

That's a shocking comment from a Gopher fan....

Herd
09-06-2013, 04:12 PM
I agree with nearly everthing ive read, other than teams being kicked out of the B1G, not going to happen.

What is this though, the 5th or 6th article on this topic by the forum as we go back and forth? Can someone put a microphone in front of Jerry Kill next week, then Gary Barta the following week so a few more articles can be written on this topic? My point, more attention is not helping the cause.

HerdBot
09-06-2013, 04:23 PM

NDSU is the same D1 in all the other sports just like Minnesota. But your right, basketball is huge in the Big 10. Indiana is meh in football but incredible in basketball. Baseball we've actually had some success against you guys which is surprising.

goldenshower
09-06-2013, 04:55 PM
That's a shocking comment from a Gopher fan....

Vandy/Kentucky should get kicked out of the sec
Duke/boston college should get kicked out of the acc
Kansas should get kicked out of the big 12
Minnesota/Indiana should get kicked out of the big ten
Colorado should get the boot
Etc etc etc
Ignore the fact that fcs schools don't have the alumni base or the money to be anywhere near these terrible football schools...just kick them out cause they are bad at football!!!

goldenshower
09-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Obviously, someone needed the purple font. I will be more careful for those folks like you in the future.

That is great that your goofers do so awesome in other sports. You are right. The athletic excellence at Minnesota has been mind boggling.

Quite frankly, you are also right that I don't care. You can't handle someone being facetious and on the same token, you are at our message board spewing your distaste for a crazy comment that takes a crack at your beloved goofers, even though I never once mentioned them. I am quite impressed you took time out to come set me straight since it has been difficult to see specific goofer athletic excellence when bombarded with it from every direction. Maybe there will come a day when your program can give you something more to talk about than what some Bison fan is joking about 190 miles away.

It has nothing to do with the gophers, it's the idea someone should be kicked out of a conference because they are bad at something, it doesn't make sense. There are so many other factors that are involved. Not just football or athletics, but research/education, branding, money, etc etc. rip on the gophers all u way that doesn't bother me...we deserve it!

MN_Moose
09-06-2013, 05:00 PM
You might get a kick out of this. Simply substitute the helmets with K state & Goldy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sBC5qhT_7wA

HuskerFan
09-06-2013, 05:08 PM
I agree with everything posted on this thread. As a Husker fan, I love seeing my team play some of the top FCS schools. I don't see anything wrong with playing teams like NDSU or Eastern Washington. Those are some DAMN good football teams. Why the
B1G makes such a huge deal out of this, I'll never understand. Look at most of the schedules of SEC teams, they play a lot of weaker OOC schools, and they don't make a big deal out it. I wasn't all that thrilled when Nebraska moved to the B1G. That conference acts like they are superior to everybody else in college football. Great win against K State, I watched, and loved every minute of it. Go Big Red! Go Bison!

runtheoption
09-06-2013, 05:18 PM
It has nothing to do with the gophers, it's the idea someone should be kicked out of a conference because they are bad at something, it doesn't make sense. There are so many other factors that are involved. Not just football or athletics, but research/education, branding, money, etc etc. rip on the gophers all u way that doesn't bother me...we deserve it!You really need to pick up on sarcasm.

td577
09-06-2013, 05:22 PM
It has nothing to do with the gophers, it's the idea someone should be kicked out of a conference because they are bad at something, it doesn't make sense. There are so many other factors that are involved. Not just football or athletics, but research/education, branding, money, etc etc. rip on the gophers all u way that doesn't bother me...we deserve it!

All I read was blah, blah, blah, my goofers suck, blah, blah, blah, my goofers suck.

Again, purple f'n font for the first post and start over.

goldenshower
09-06-2013, 05:38 PM
You really need to pick up on sarcasm.

I've dealt with enough bison fans to know that most believe the gophers should get kicked out the big ten cause they are bad at football. I think northwestern should get kicked out of the big ten cause they are bad at basketball. South Dakota state has had way more success then the wildcats. Sarcasm

runtheoption
09-06-2013, 05:48 PM
I've dealt with enough bison fans to know that most believe the gophers should get kicked out the big ten cause they are bad at football. I think northwestern should get kicked out of the big ten cause they are bad at basketball. South Dakota state has had way more success then the wildcats. Sarcasm I see what you did there. OR DID I??

MOTBison
09-06-2013, 05:55 PM
I've dealt with enough bison fans to know that most believe the gophers should get kicked out the big ten cause they are bad at football. I think northwestern should get kicked out of the big ten cause they are bad at basketball. South Dakota state has had way more success then the wildcats. Sarcasm

I believe I am a pretty typical Bison fan and the thought of the Gophers being kicked out of the Big 10 because of a lack of football success has never crossed my mind. Actually that sounds ridiculous.

Bisonator98
09-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Alvarez and Delaney brought this on by opening their big mouths. If they had thought it out better and rather then came up with this stupid notion to ban all FCS games rather then going by the actual strength of each program, this wouldn't come off so badly. But to blatantly call out all FCS programs as bad and in the same manner say that the bottom feeders of FBS are supposedly superior is asinine!:ranting:

SamsRams
09-06-2013, 07:24 PM
I believe I am a pretty typical Bison fan and the thought of the Gophers being kicked out of the Big 10 because of a lack of football success has never crossed my mind. Actually that sounds ridiculous.

i totally agree with you. they should get booted for their overall crappiness. the only time they have ever been good is when they cheated and later had to forfeit wins. they are the leaders of losers and educators of idiots. piles of trash bring more beauty to the landscape than their campus.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-06-2013, 07:38 PM
You might get a kick out of this. Simply substitute the helmets with K state & Goldy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sBC5qhT_7wA

Damned that was funny, and so very true.

SDbison
09-06-2013, 07:43 PM
All I read was blah, blah, blah, my goofers suck, blah, blah, blah, my goofers suck.

Again, purple f'n font for the first post and start over. Ha ha funny shit.........exactly what I was thinking before I read your reply!

SDbison
09-06-2013, 07:49 PM

Good luck the rest of the year and congrats on the kstate win, it was a great ending! The reality is the goofers have been sucking at football for the past 50 years.........how ironic that the Bison started their winning tradition when the Gophers started their losing tradition.

Bisonator98
09-06-2013, 07:58 PM
The reality is the goofers have been sucking at football for the past 50 years.........how ironic that the Bison started their winning tradition when the Gophers started their losing tradition.

Hmmmm could there be a correlation there? NDSU has been out recruiting UM for 50 years??:rofl:

Bisonwinagn
09-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Alvarez and Delaney brought this on by opening their big mouths. If they had thought it out better and rather then came up with this stupid notion to ban all FCS games rather then going by the actual strength of each program, this wouldn't come off so badly. But to blatantly call out all FCS programs as bad and in the same manner say that the bottom feeders of FBS are supposedly superior is asinine!:ranting:

I think these two guys were trying to somehow impress the Big Ten Network and this is what they came up with without consulting anyone else. I understand wanting to improve TV ratings, but these guys are too stupid to realize fans would rather see games played between regional FCS teams than mid major FBS schools such as New Mexico State or UNLV. In fact the MN vs New Mexico State game is not even being televised which shows the lack of interest. If they want to increase SOS and TV ratings they need to require every team to play at least one game against a team from a BCS conference NOT trading a FCS school for a crappy FBS school.

Herd
09-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Hmmmm could there be a correlation there? NDSU has been out recruiting UM for 50 years??:rofl:

No, we do not out-recruit MN, our advantage is player development and culture.