PDA

View Full Version : Were K-State Fanrs Phonies?

KC Bison
09-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Yes, I had many K-Staters come up to me prior to the game. They all welcomed me and told me they thought we had a great a team. The kindness did cool off by the end of the game but still nothing bad. But since the game on Sports Radio and comments to news stories, these same fans are pissed that they lost to us, they are angry to lose to a lower division opponent, embarassed, and insulted. I get a sense they were just being kind to the latest sacrificial lamb that was being brought in to beat on.

PattyBison
09-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Yes, I had many K-Staters come up to me prior to the game. They all welcomed me and told me they thought we had a great a team. The kindness did cool off by the end of the game but still nothing bad. But since the game on Sports Radio and comments to news stories, these same fans are pissed that they lost to us, they are angry to lose to a lower division opponent, embarassed, and insulted. I get a sense they were just being kind to the latest sacrificial lamb that was being brought in to beat on.

No, sports radio and internet comments represent a very small percentage of fans.

They are a Big 12 team. If I were their fan, I will would be upset too.

My experience with their fans was 1000x better than the gophers games. No faking that.

SDbison
09-04-2013, 10:04 PM
A few K-state fans give some credit over on the scout messageboard, but JBB is still there ruining it for us and he can't stop posting. My biggest gripe is very few K-state fans can simply say we were the better team that night. It all about questioning the coaching decisions, only if they passed deep more, put Sams in more, etc. I think if K-state can lift their heads up after this game they could still win the Big 12. The Bison are just that good this year. FBS fans just don't want to recognize that NDSU is likely good enough to be a top 20 FBS team this year.
I did have an older K-state fan talk to me as we walked out of the stadium. He congratulated NDSU and said the Bison are a very good team. Also wished us well for the remaining season and I replied the same for K-state.

CaBisonFan
09-04-2013, 10:13 PM
A few K-state fans give some credit over on the scout messageboard, but JBB is still there ruining it for us and he can't stop posting. My biggest gripe is very few K-state fans can simply say we were the better team that night. It all about questioning the coaching decisions, only if they passed deep more, put Sams in more, etc. I think if K-state can lift their heads up after this game they could still win the Big 12. The Bison are just that good this year. FBS fans just don't want to recognize that NDSU is likely good enough to be a top 20 FBS team this year.
I did have an older K-state fan talk to me as we walked out of the stadium. He congratulated NDSU and said the Bison are a very good team. Also wished us well for the remaining season and I replied the same for K-state.

What website is JBB stinking up?

ndsubison1
09-04-2013, 10:22 PM

some of them are saying a win vs us wouldnt have counted anyways. lol. last time i check one fcs win counts towards bowl elgibility and umass is eligible this season

Tatanka
09-04-2013, 10:38 PM
What website is JBB stinking up?I might also have accepted "isn't".

CaBisonFan
09-04-2013, 10:52 PM
I might also have accepted "isn't".

Haha...ok...what's one of the main K-State websites that he 'is' stinking up?

westnodak93bison
09-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Some old crusty homeless looking dude shoot my band and said good luck in conference play.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

56BISON73
09-04-2013, 11:03 PM

We had numerous fans stop us after the game to tell how impressed they were with our team and the fan base.
Dont know why some Bison fans cant just take a compliment or they feel the need to have the other teams fans compliment us? We won the game. Who gives a shit what they have to say?

WYOBISONMAN
09-04-2013, 11:26 PM
We had numerous fans stop us after the game to tell how impressed they were with our team and the fan base.
Dont know why some Bison fans cant just take a compliment or they feel the need to have the other teams fans compliment us? We won the game. Who gives a shit what they have to say?

Exactly..........

SomeBeach
09-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Some old crusty homeless looking dude shoot my band and said good luck in conference play.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I don't know, but taking it out on innocent musicians seems a bit extreme...

CAS4127
09-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Exactly..........

YOU WEREN'T EVEN THERE!! WTF?!?! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

WYOBISONMAN
09-04-2013, 11:46 PM
YOU WEREN'T EVEN THERE!! WTF?!?! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

I saw pictures........so there..... ;)

JMB
09-04-2013, 11:48 PM

A couple of thoughts on this... 1) Most casual K-State football fans really don't understand the level of football NDSU can play. What they see is this a) last year we were in the discussion to win a national championship b) we bring in this "Division 2" football team to play, "Hey didn't our new quarterback just come from a division 2 program? Yeah I think so and he won a national title." c) We lost to said "Division 2" team. Well we know we have more talent, we just must have screwed up.

Now consider this... If we lose this weekend. Would we say "Wow Ferris State is a better football team?" Hell no, it will be pitchforks and torches baby. The meltdown on this page would be epic.

SDbison
09-05-2013, 12:07 AM
A couple of thoughts on this... 1) Most casual K-State football fans really don't understand the level of football NDSU can play. What they see is this a) last year we were in the discussion to win a national championship b) we bring in this "Division 2" football team to play, "Hey didn't our new quarterback just come from a division 2 program? Yeah I think so and he won a national title." c) We lost to said "Division 2" team. Well we know we have more talent, we just must have screwed up.
L
Now consider this... If we lose this weekend. Would we say "Wow Ferris State is a better football team?" Hell no, it will be pitchforks and torches baby. The meltdown on this page would be epic. Your comments are flawed since there is no possible way the Bison will lose t o Feris State.

JMB
09-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Admittedly its a hypothetical situation.

KC Bison
09-05-2013, 07:09 PM
All I'm saying is don't complement our team if you don't really mean it. Don't tell me how great we are and then get angry and insulted when you lose to a "great team".

DePereBisonFan
09-05-2013, 07:16 PM
I thought K-State fans were awesome. They treated us very, very well. Honestly, they reminded me of Bison fans.

KC Bison
09-06-2013, 12:52 AM
I repeat that before the game they were unbelievably friendly, after the game less so. By Saturday, they extremely pissed that they lost to such an inferior team. Today, Thursday, 6 days after the game, they are still on the radio whining that they could lost this game. Now, it's bad play calling and bad coaching. They're sure this proves they are going to have a really bad year. The K-State guy at work is avoiding me so as not pay up on his bet with me, the one he insisted on making.

BisonNeil
09-06-2013, 02:16 AM

Tell them to go to about 38:30 of Barreiro's Sunday Sermon where he asks the simple question; when will programs stop being embarrassed about losing to NDSU, they are a legit football program.

http://www.kfan.com/media/podcast-kfan-sunday-sermons-Sunday_Sermons/91-sermons-hr2-23658423/