PDA

View Full Version : Billy Turner Week 1 Valley Football Offensive Lineman of the Week

tony
09-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Billy Turner named conference offensive lineman of the week... from what I saw, that was a dominating performance on Saturday.

GOBISON123
09-02-2013, 11:00 PM
That #77 was taking down 2 wild cats at the same time.

gumby013
09-02-2013, 11:14 PM

We still need a gif highlighting that play. Pass blocking two guys is nuts.

stevdock
09-02-2013, 11:35 PM

That was an awesome play. He had so many pancakes and seemed like he was always burying somebody each play.

He absolutely destroyed his guy on the last play. On the play before that he was actually in front of Brock trying to clear the way (remember that was an option play going right and optioning off the OLB).

JSUBison
09-02-2013, 11:39 PM
That was an awesome play. He had so many pancakes and seemed like he was always burying somebody each play.

He absolutely destroyed his guy on the last play. On the play before that he was actually in front of Brock trying to clear the way (remember that was an option play going right and optioning off the OLB).

I loved that CB or LB just staring at Brock as he ran by. He didn't know what to do, tackle Brock or cover Ojuri.

Snowgoose
09-02-2013, 11:52 PM
He absolutely destroyed his guy on the last play. On the play before that he was actually in front of Brock trying to clear the way (remember that was an option play going right and optioning off the OLB).[/QUOTE]

Actually on the second to last play he was the one that ran over Brock otherwise it appears Brock scores on that play. Box score should have given him credit for one tackle. He was clearing anybody and everybody out of the way.

Kermit
09-02-2013, 11:54 PM
I loved that CB or LB just staring at Brock as he ran by. He didn't know what to do, tackle Brock or cover Ojuri.

Our defensive players would know and execute their assignment. :)

Big props to Billy Turner on his well deserved award.

GOBISON123
09-02-2013, 11:55 PM
We still need a gif highlighting that play. Pass blocking two guys is nuts.

There is another play where he pushed a K-State player half way towards the end zone. That boy is just pure raw power.

MNLonghorn10
09-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Billy is the f'n boss. his stock rose big time this game. He's as solid as they get in the country.

Minnesota passed up that guy?!

NDSUstudent
09-03-2013, 12:11 AM
Billy is the f'n boss. his stock rose big time this game. He's as solid as they get in the country.

Minnesota passed up that guy?!

You have to love basement Brew....We have three All-Americans thanks in part to that buffoon being too arrogant to recruit instate.

A1pigskin
09-03-2013, 12:28 AM
The announcers were talking about how good Billy was.

gumby013
09-03-2013, 01:39 AM
Watch him on the final play of the drive. Collapses the entire line...

http://purecfr.com/wp-content/uploads/kstatefail.gif

highplainsbison
09-03-2013, 02:09 AM

Also, Grimmestad came across and buried that LB'er. Great game by everyone. Total team effort.

THEsocalledfan
09-03-2013, 02:28 AM
Bohl praised Billy T. up and down in his presser. So, how high will he go in the draft?

stevdock
09-03-2013, 02:54 AM

Just gotta say how ridiculous it truly is to see 2 LB's not making the play on Brock even though they weren't even touched. Although by the time they made contact with Brock he was very likely to score anyways.

BadlandsBison
09-03-2013, 03:00 AM
Congrats Billy! Looks like he is in for a huge season.

gumby013
09-03-2013, 04:31 AM
Tried my hand at making a gif of the double pass block.

http://purecfr.com/wp-content/uploads/Doubleturner.gif

GOBISON123
09-03-2013, 05:00 AM

Damn right there, Billy is taking two guys at the same time.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-03-2013, 06:30 AM
San Francisco scout was there and was watching Billy and MWill. He attended their practice and liked what he saw from the 2 and said they're pretty much a lock in the draft.

jimmyptubas
09-03-2013, 08:17 AM
That's great to hear! It's fun hearing names i recognize on from the Walker era and it will be equally fun in future eras too i'm sure.

steelbison
09-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Congrats Billy!! That was a dominating performance Friday Night!!

He plays like that all season and he gets drafted 3-5 round easy. Very impressive!!

BisonNeil
09-03-2013, 06:18 PM

I also like how Gimmestad pancaked Mueller, #44. The announcers were talking him up at the beginning of the last series because he blew up some plays, but he was sucking wind by this point in the game. Great block Gimmey!

BisonNeil
09-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Also, Grimmestad came across and buried that LB'er. Great game by everyone. Total team effort.

Actually, Mueller is a DE that made some great plays early in the drive. The announcers were really talking him up.

thebigund
09-03-2013, 06:35 PM

One of the best plays I've ever seen by a lineman. I can't imagine many being creative enough to create a new technique on the fly to buy an extra .2 sec for the QB.

highplainsbison
09-05-2013, 06:34 AM
Actually, Mueller is a DE that made some great plays early in the drive. The announcers were really talking him up. My bad. You're right, he's just built more like LB at 6'2" 245. Seems a bit small for a DE in "big boy" football.;)

BisonTru
09-05-2013, 06:45 AM
One of the best plays I've ever seen by a lineman. I can't imagine many being creative enough to create a new technique on the fly to buy an extra .2 sec for the QB.

That was awesome!

GPSIT
09-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Good thing ref didn't see the hold on 41 before Gimmestead leveled the guy.

Catman
09-05-2013, 07:07 PM
That's not a hold, that there is an ankle bar!

CAS4127
09-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Good thing ref didn't see the hold on 41 before Gimmestead leveled the guy.

That's not a hold, that there is an ankle bar!

Couple of WCat fans here I see. The hold/ankle bar you point out was simultaneous to Gimmey smoking him--had no bearing on the play, but nice try.

Like your Oline wasn't grabbing the back of our jersey's the entire night.

The refs let both sides play, but keep looking for excuses for your loss other than the simple fact that you got your asses kicked all over the field.

We told you. You didn't listen. You saw the result!!

KilldeerBison
09-05-2013, 07:47 PM

How about, we run this same play and give Gimmestad the ball next time?:)

bri-dog
09-05-2013, 07:49 PM
How about, we run this same play and give Gimmestad the ball next time?:)

Tyler "Gimmethedamnball"?

KilldeerBison
09-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Tyler "Gimmethedamnball"?

Tyler "GetTheHellOutOfMyWay" stad. Tyler "AnybodyGetTheNumberOfThatBus?" stad.

Catman
09-06-2013, 12:45 PM
CAS - Nope Bison Fan Thru and Thru was just stating it was a nice ankle bar.

IzzyFlexion
09-06-2013, 02:35 PM
I also like how Gimmestad pancaked Mueller, #44. The announcers were talking him up at the beginning of the last series because he blew up some plays, but he was sucking wind by this point in the game. Great block Gimmey!

For any of you shitheads that come on here and continually spew your crap about NDSU always getting a lucky break on their FBS scheduling........or .....well, they just got a few lucky breaks........or "our team" just wasn't into it.....or........we lost cuz we got a bunch of new players..........etc........

Just keep looking at this play over and over and over and over.
Our blocking absolutely BLEW up their defense on this winning touchdown. These cats are falling down all over the place like effing bowling pins.

Billy and Gimmestad should have statues outside of that damn stadium!

THEsocalledfan
09-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Billy and Gimmestad should have statues outside of that damn stadium!

How about Brock taking on the Safety and just sliding off or him into the endzone? He had a fairly clean shot at Brock, and yet Brock went right by him.

Edit: the more I look at it, that safety is an idiot. He hit Brock high like he is trying to jar a pass loose even though Brock is way bigger than him. Reminds me of what my old coach use to say:

"Hit them low; no one goes anywhere if you take them out at the knees." That is exactly what he should have done and Brock would have been too far out to fall forward for the score. Windfield for the Vike's was the best I'd ever seen in doing that in the pros.

westnodak93bison
09-06-2013, 02:53 PM
I remember speaking to Billy and Heagle for a minute last year at Chubs. I reminded them K-state was losing around 30 seniors. Billy said "really"? I said yep. They both got a big smile on their face.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

CAS4127
09-06-2013, 05:33 PM
CAS - Nope Bison Fan Thru and Thru was just stating it was a nice ankle bar.

Fair enough-->just going by your username. I would also have accepted that you were a former WCat fan and converted, as that would make perfect and reasonable sense!! :biggrin: