PDA

View Full Version : Get Rocky to Fargo on 9/21

Herd
09-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Kansas State 90
Ferris St 91 Tie
Delaware St 92 Tie Breaker

Rocky deserves some Fargodome love on 9/21, get him to the dome Gene! Let's recognize his great accomplishments in front of a sold out crowd, while saluting Bohl's record breaker. Cerimonial sideline coach for 9/21, and deliver the pregame speach. I hope something is planned for Rocky.

NDSUstudent
09-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Isn't Rocky still coaching somewhere?

Bisonguy
09-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Isn't Rocky still coaching somewhere?

Bryant in the NEC.

Don't see how having Rocky there would be relevant to Bohl setting the new record. Seems a little Kanye-ish to me.

gumby013
09-02-2013, 07:48 PM
He's at Bryant, but 9/21 is a bye week for them.

MNLonghorn10
09-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Lets make sure NDSU wins these games first...then they can hit him up on Skype.

HandoEX
09-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Bryant in the NEC.

Don't see how having Rocky there would be relevant to Bohl setting the new record. Seems a little Kanye-ish to me.
Really? Breaking a big record like that with the former record holder on site to pass the torch is really common in sports for big moments like this, especially when it's a school record like this one.

I'd love to see Rocky in attendance.

HandoEX
09-02-2013, 09:03 PM
What he said.

Furthermore, eff Rocky. He slowly ran the program into the ground. He did all his winning off of Morton's and Solomonson's recruit's.

Why do we want to honor him?
I'll contribute $100 to ban LGiG and anyone else that disrespects the name Rocky Hager. ;)

Bisonguy
09-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Really? Breaking a big record like that with the former record holder on site to pass the torch is really common in sports for big moments like this, especially when it's a school record like this one.

I'd love to see Rocky in attendance.

Yeah, almost reminds me of whoever the heck it was that kept blabbing about the BCS title game during the FCS Championship. IMO it diminishes the recognition of the accomplishment. I can see people wanting Rocky there, I'm just not one of them.

What he said.

Furthermore, eff Rocky. He slowly ran the program into the ground. He did all his winning off of Morton's and Solomonson's recruit's.

If Solomonson would have stuck around more than 2 years, NDSU wouldn't have the 1988 and 1990 championship trophies.

CAS4127
09-02-2013, 09:16 PM
What he said.

Are you being serious?! I really hope not, for reasons way to long to post here. Here are a couple.

He won with many of his own recruits.

He was a VERY good coach, and you will not find anyone who, even to this day, has more Bison Pride than Rocky!! NO ONE!!

Running program into ground?! Well, lets just put it this way-->you don't know half the story. Come visit me at TOHBTC tailgate and I will fill you in.

That all said, I think Rocky would turn down the offer of coming back, because he is not about himself. Perhaps if some of his former players were part of the invite team he might, but probably not even then. He is a very humble and God-fearing man, and I will have his back until the day I leave this earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

unbison
09-02-2013, 09:20 PM
What he said.

Why do we want to honor him? how did the 1990 championship live off of mortons or solomonsons recruits

SafeTeeJ
09-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Rocky ran the program like a D1 school from the day he took over in 1987. great coach, motivator, mentor,,manager of personel. A man full of pride emotion and honor. Like CAS, I have is back

Tatanka
09-02-2013, 09:36 PM
What he said.

http://sarahsaysreadbooks.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/wtf.gif

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Are you being serious?! I really hope not, for reasons way to long to post here. Here are a couple.

He won with many of his own recruits.

He was a VERY good coach, and you will not find anyone who, even to this day, has more Bison Pride than Rocky!! NO ONE!!

Running program into ground?! Well, lets just put it this way-->you don't know half the story. Come visit me at TOHBTC tailgate and I will fill you in.

That all said, I think Rocky would turn down the offer of coming back, because he is not about himself. Perhaps if some of his former players were part of the invite team he might, but probably not even then. He is a very humble and God-fearing man, and I will have his back until the day I leave this earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Rocky ran the program like a D1 school from the day he took over in 1987. great coach, motivator, mentor,,manager of personel. A man full of pride emotion and honor. Like CAS, I have is back

I thought my statement might have been a little too bold.

I'll take the word of former players that Rocky was a good guy and a good coach. However, one cannot dispute the direction the program headed his last few years. I still think it was time for him to go when he was let go.

HandoEX
09-02-2013, 09:50 PM

I'll take the word of former players that Rocky was a good guy and a good coach. However, one cannot dispute the direction the program headed his last few years. I still think it was time for him to go when he was let go.
That wasn't just coaching...

Tatanka
09-02-2013, 11:38 PM

This.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

THEsocalledfan
09-02-2013, 11:43 PM

Yep, there were other factors at play. It is critical for a coach to have a strong supporting AD and President.....

CaBisonFan
09-02-2013, 11:51 PM

Hager had Dr. Bob as an AD. If he'd had someone like Gene Taylor around the ship would have been much more steady.

Dr. Bob sabotaged Rocky and the program. This kind of genius can only be found at UND...where Dr. Bob came from.

What kind of AD would approach a head coach on the sideline, telling him to take it easy on UND so that they could make the playoffs?

What a 'scene' that was...for all to see. Disgraceful

NDSUstudent
09-02-2013, 11:52 PM
I think it would be cool to have a little video of Rocky congratulating coach Bohl on breaking the record whenever it happens but I don't think it needs to be made into a big thing.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Hager had Dr. Bob as an AD. If he'd had someone like Gene Taylor around the ship would have been much more steady.

Dr. Bob sabotaged Rocky and the program. This kind of genius can only be found at UND...where Dr. Bob came from.

What kind of AD would approach a head coach on the sideline, telling him to take it easy on UND so that they could make the playoffs?

What a 'scene' that was...for all to see. Disgraceful

WHAT???????

Did this really happen? That can't be. WTH. I guess I'm not a Fargo insider, so I don't always know the "story" behind the "story."

TransAmBison
09-03-2013, 12:24 AM
WHAT???????

Did this really happen? That can't be. WTH. I guess I'm not a Fargo insider, so I don't always know the "story" behind the "story."Come out to TOHBTC and grandpa CAS will give a grill side chat about the good ol' days.

CaBisonFan
09-03-2013, 12:33 AM
WHAT???????

Did this really happen? That can't be. WTH. I guess I'm not a Fargo insider, so I don't always know the "story" behind the "story."

Absolutely true...and here it is in living color. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03gXwE3w1eY

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03gXwE3w1eY)You need to have the conversation with CAS.

Herd
09-03-2013, 12:37 AM
The accomplishments by Hager should be recognized on 9/21. The video is a good idea. I'd sure like to see him recognized in Fargo at some point when his coaching career is over. Rocky had a very pro bison reaction to the first championship in 2011, and if there are any hard feelings, that situation should be cleared up.

BisonFan02
09-03-2013, 12:40 AM
WHAT???????

Absolutely happened...I was a "lil pup" at that time, but I remember it vividly (my pops reminded me of it a few weeks ago again). CA has a little bit of video on youtube that he sent me.

BisonFan02
09-03-2013, 12:44 AM
Absolutely true...and here it is in living color. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03gXwE3w1eY

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03gXwE3w1eY)You need to have the conversation with CAS.

and there it is on cue! :D

CaBisonFan
09-03-2013, 12:56 AM
and there it is on cue! :D

....haha....

JSUBison
09-03-2013, 01:04 AM
I never heard of this either, so I just watched that video. Can't blame the UND AD for campaigning for his team with the reporter at the end. Wait, what? That was the NDSU AD? Unreal.

THEsocalledfan
09-03-2013, 01:13 AM
I never heard of this either, so I just watched that video. Can't blame the UND AD for campaigning for his team with the reporter at the end. Wait, what? That was the NDSU AD? Unreal.

That ain't all that asshat did.....

Swany
09-03-2013, 04:41 AM

A little bold? Try one of the all-time dumbest in the history of Bisonville. CAS is absolutely on the money. Your comments about Rocky show a total disrespect for the history and tradition of what so many have invested to make NDSU Football what it is today. Rocky is one of the all-time great figures in the history of our program for so many reasons, and your ignorance of that is appalling. Bison Football would not be where it's at today without Rocky. Your comment deserves so many negative rep points it's beyond count.

loudsilverado
09-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Rocky is awesome, NDSU screwed him imo. He bleeds green and yellow.

tony
09-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Rocky is awesome, NDSU screwed him imo. He bleeds green and yellow.

Agreed.

You know how I know that Rocky is great? The amount of hate for him from Grand Forks.

CAS4127
09-03-2013, 02:16 PM

Yes, the program started heading in the wrong direction in Rocky's last few years, but who was really calling the shots? Rocky or Bob "Bobber" Entzion??! You would not believe some of the things I can tell you that IN FACT happened.

That said, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe truly that your opinion of Rocky is based largely if not completely off of what was "reported" publicly rather than what was actually happening behind the scenes.

1bizon1
09-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Agreed.

You know how I know that Rocky is great? The amount of hate for him from Grand Forks.

"Grand Forks" aka "knuckle heads" I still chuckle and swell with Bizon Pride when I think of this.

And "GF", Rocky was referring to und (NOT the town) to keep the record straight for those that may have not heard what Rocky said.....

Hammerhead
09-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Rocky also stated that it was a "year of hell" when the Bison lost to Sioux. :) It would be nice if they did a little montage with the top 4 or 5 winningest coaches to pay homage to the decades of tradition that helped the Bison get to where they are now.

GCWaters
09-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Things got a little out of control in Rocky's last couple of years, but I think the blame needs to be laid on Bob's head....he did nothing to control things whatsoever....compare that to what Gene would have done in the same situation. A lot of us thought, at the time, that Bob should have gone, not Rocky.....

CAS4127
09-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Things got a little out of control in Rocky's last couple of years, but I think the blame needs to be laid on Bob's head....he did nothing to control things whatsoever....compare that to what Gene would have done in the same situation. A lot of us thought, at the time, that Bob should have gone, not Rocky.....

Actually, he was responsible for causing things to get out of control. Can you say, "confidential" calls to Ed Schultz before Rocky even had a chance to conduct due diligence on an incident and pass out discipline? Can you say, tell Rocky the disciplinary measures are OK with him, but then throw Rocky under the bus for implementing those very same measures? Can you say questionable use of team maker monies the Rocky was aware of?

Oh, and guess what?! Rocky knew before the Omaha "bobber" incident what Bobber was all about from a sexual preference standpoint (not that there is anything wrong with that unless you are a married/with children AD of NDSU and don't want anyone to know). Make you think a bit on why Bobber was out to get Rocky?!?!

Bison 4 Life
09-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Actually, he was responsible for causing things to get out of control. Can you say, "confidential" calls to Ed Schultz before Rocky even had a chance to conduct due diligence on an incident and pass out discipline? Can you say, tell Rocky the disciplinary measures are OK with him, but then throw Rocky under the bus for implementing those very same measures? Can you say questionable use of team maker monies the Rocky was aware of?

Oh, and guess what?! Rocky knew before the Omaha "bobber" incident what Bobber was all about from a sexual preference standpoint (not that there is anything wrong with that unless you are a married/with children AD of NDSU and don't want anyone to know). Make you think a bit on why Bobber was out to get Rocky?!?!

I was working on 1280 at the time of the Omaha incident. We had a lot of fun the next day on the Bob Entzion thing. Too much fun in fact, and got me called into Jack Michaels' office. Haven't felt like that since high school.

GCWaters
09-03-2013, 09:05 PM

That's absolutely amazing....I only worked with him a little, and knew he was bad, but I had no idea he was that bad!!

CivilBison96
09-04-2013, 02:28 AM
Craig Bohl has done great things for the program but when someone mentions Bison Football I will always think of Rocky first. As said before one has to look no further than the hatred that UN_ folk have for him to know he was doing something right!

perthbison
09-04-2013, 03:05 AM
your opinion of Rocky is based largely if not completely off of what was "reported" publicly rather than what was actually happening behind the scenes.Good point. Keep in mind who owns the major media in F-M