PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances of Big12 or Big10 inviting BISON

GOBISON123
09-02-2013, 05:19 AM
I am just curious what if Big12 or Big10 invited us into their Conference ?

56BISON73
09-02-2013, 05:20 AM

Zero................

NDSUBowler
09-02-2013, 05:22 AM
Zero................
This......

SamsRams
09-02-2013, 05:22 AM
I say the chances of a Big 12 invite within the next 5 years are 75%

for wrestling only, everything else it's probably 0

MNLonghorn10
09-02-2013, 05:25 AM
Deloss Dodds is on the white courtesy phone as we speak.

BadlandsBison
09-02-2013, 05:30 AM
Isn't Steven Threet president of the big12?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

GOBISON123
09-02-2013, 05:31 AM

If we dont grow we might run the risk of falling asleep on the valley.

SDbison
09-02-2013, 05:32 AM
Deloss Dodds is on the white courtesy phone as we speak. Longhorn, I am already missing the pic in your previous avatar of willie........the k-state mascot.

MNLonghorn10
09-02-2013, 05:35 AM
Longhorn, I am already missing the pic in your previous avatar of willie........the k-state mascot.
Willie is pud. cant win championships with pud mascots of schools that doesnt win national championships.

shooter mcgavin......is a champion.

NDSUBowler
09-02-2013, 05:42 AM
90% chance.

natstar1
09-02-2013, 05:48 AM
we would snap accept

56BISON73
09-02-2013, 05:54 AM

You have asked two questions.

1 what are the chances we will be invited? ZERO
2 What are the chances we accept? 100%

Since # 1 will never happen, # 2 is moot.

tjbison
09-02-2013, 05:55 AM
lets not start this non sense, we will NEVER be in a BCS conference

good god people lets gets back to reality

NDSUBowler
09-02-2013, 06:05 AM
33.3333% i think

GOBISON123
09-02-2013, 06:06 AM

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

WRSDBison
09-02-2013, 06:11 AM

so you're saying there's a chance.............

BlueBisonRock
09-02-2013, 06:26 AM

Come on TJ. Bisonville and reality. When did this ever happen?

:) Yes, purple all over the place, including on the field in Manhattan.

1bizon1
09-02-2013, 06:27 AM
None n-o f-b-s!
i am just curious what if big12 or big10 invited us into their conference ?

tjbison
09-02-2013, 06:36 AM
Come on TJ. Bisonville and reality. When did this ever happen?

:) Yes, purple all over the place, including on the field in Manhattan.

well sadly there are idiots that believe this could happen

so yes on BV it's hard to know what to take seriously

HerdBot
09-02-2013, 07:07 AM
1 in a million
Actually if we figured out how to build a 50 seat dome, sold it out, got into a weaker conference and won the bcs championship and got huge tv ratings... good chance. We would have to build the program to a near Nebraska level and would have to be a household name. Shooting for a Boise State level is realistic but Big 10 or 12... nope

WYOBISONMAN
09-02-2013, 11:58 AM
These threads make my head ache........

ZERO CHANCE!

Tatanka
09-02-2013, 01:28 PM
1 in a million
Actually if we figured out how to build a 50 seat dome, sold it out, got into a weaker conference and won the bcs championship and got huge tv ratings... good chance. We would have to build the program to a near Nebraska level and would have to be a household name. Shooting for a Boise State level is realistic but Big 10 or 12... nope

a 50 seat dome? Like USD has? No thanks.

Unless it could be expanded.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

loudsilverado
09-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Mountain West

JSUBison
09-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Dean Wormer says 0.0

The only FBS NDSU could get into would be a crap one. It doesn't matter how many fans you have or how good the team is, just ask ASU and GSU. The best they could do is the Sunbelt. Conference USA picked Charlotte to fill a spot before they even played one game. It's all about tv's, media coverage, recruiting territory and a couple other things we don't have.

GOBISON123
09-02-2013, 05:59 PM
NDSU President is not aggressive enough.

"Shirvani also suggested NDSU isn’t comparing itself to the right peers.
Simply comparing your institution to those universities that make you look good is lacking in vision and true entrepreneurial spirit,” he wrote.
Shirvani also questioned the NDSU Development Foundation’s fundraising level – $17.5 million in 2012, according to the evaluation – and how it compares to peer institutions, “especially considering the new-found economic prosperity of the state and many of its citizens. I suspect there is much more than can be accomplished in this area.”

http://www.prairiebizmag.com/event/article/id/14985/#sthash.qIf6phxI.dpuf

CaBisonFan
09-02-2013, 06:04 PM

Even though we're FCS...our brand has become very, very strong. Yup...stadium problems.

I'd say Big 12 would be the first option.

Dreaming? Of course.

CaBisonFan
09-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Why in the hell should we be realistic here?

Bison 4 Life
09-02-2013, 06:24 PM

After Texas and Oklahoma leave and turn them into a bottom conference.

SDbison
09-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Too bad stability and academic standing of the university along with success and strength of athletic programs isn't a major factor in conference decision making. That along with location and other factors would make NDSU a great addition. But we all know it's all about money and BS.

onbison09
09-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Dean Wormer says 0.0

The only FBS NDSU could get into would be a crap one. It doesn't matter how many fans you have or how good the team is, just ask ASU and GSU. The best they could do is the Sunbelt. Conference USA picked Charlotte to fill a spot before they even played one game. It's all about tv's, media coverage, recruiting territory and a couple other things we don't have.

DING DING DING FREAKING DING! Sorry but North Dakota is not a big TV market. That's close to the only thing that matters

Tatanka
09-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Too bad stability and academic standing of the university along with success and strength of athletic programs isn't a major factor in conference decision making. That along with location and other factors would make NDSU a great addition. But we all know it's all about money and BS.Actually this depends on the conference. The B1G actually pays attention to this, for example. The Sun Belt? yeah, probably not so much.

onbison09
09-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Actually this depends on the conference. The B1G actually pays attention to this, for example. The Sun Belt? yeah, probably not so much.

We would rather be in the MVFC. Trust me, my school just got out of the s*** belt.

NDSUstudent
09-02-2013, 06:47 PM
In my opinion NDSU needs to work towards getting into the MWC...that is where most of the schools like us reside.

Bisonwinagn
09-02-2013, 07:02 PM
In my opinion NDSU needs to work towards getting into the MWC...that is where most of the schools like us reside.

The MAC is much more in our recruiting territory and would be the only logical option if they offered. I want nothing to do with the West coast time zones.

The Big 12 would create the true Red River Rivalry though :)

marenlee
09-02-2013, 07:04 PM
DING DING DING FREAKING DING! Sorry but North Dakota is not a big TV market. That's close to the only thing that matters

Let me start off by saying there is no chance in hell of this ever happening. But someone please educate me on this facet. All I constantly hear is the "TV market" when it comes to not being invited by a lesser FBS conference like the MAC or Sunbelt. But what about the UMASS/Georgia States/Western Michigans etc? Just because you are in a larger TV market doesn't mean anyone is watching. People in those areas care about the Michigans/UGAs/Boston Colleges of the world. Does anyone in Georgia care about Georgia State? No one does, and I know since I live here. NDSU moving up would mean the entire state of ND, western Minnesota, Northern SD. And being the big dog in this area means most would tune in. To me that's better than some of the markets these other teams are in. I've even heard this argument from UNI fans when they want to snub NDSU moving to the MVC in all sports. Really? How would they fare better being the 3rd tier team in the state? I'm done venting. Not taking a shot at anyone. Unless I see numbers that prove these "larger markets" are better, I won't believe it.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-02-2013, 08:59 PM

None. Natta. Zero. Zelch.

unbison
09-02-2013, 09:32 PM
I think that this will all come together over the next several years............... I believe the sec the big 10 and other power conferences are going to separate themselves from the sun belts and macs and ndsu will end up with the macs and sunbelts

SamsRams
09-02-2013, 10:27 PM
I think that this will all come together over the next several years............... I believe the sec the big 10 and other power conferences are going to separate themselves from the sun belts and macs and ndsu will end up with the macs and sunbelts

Why would NDSU move out of the MVFC to travel more when the MVFC will be in the same division as those crap conferences when it all levels out? You really think MAC schools will continue to fund at BCS level when they just got cut out ot the BCS playoffs? Do you really think the MVFC would not match whatever funding levels the non BCS schools move to?

Sun Belts and MACS will move closer to 63 scholarships when it is all said and done. NDSU is right where they need to be when the shakeup finally happens

If people want the MAC or MVC then they need to understand 1 if not 2 men's programs will need to be cut. Wrestling, Baseball and Men's track are always the first to go. Shoot all the money KSTATE spends on athletics and they cant afford wrestling. So if you hate NDSU Wrestling and Baseball then by all means continue to say NDSU needs to move to the MVC or MAC because they will be cut.

tjbison
09-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Why would NDSU move out of the MVFC to travel more when the MVFC will be in the same division as those crap conferences when it all levels out? You really think MAC schools will continue to fund at BCS level when they just got cut out ot the BCS playoffs? Do you really think the MVFC would not match whatever funding levels the non BCS schools move to?

Sun Belts and MACS will move closer to 63 scholarships when it is all said and done. NDSU is right where they need to be when the shakeup finally happens

If people want the MAC or MVC then they need to understand 1 if not 2 men's programs will need to be cut. Wrestling, Baseball and Men's track are always the first to go. Shoot all the money KSTATE spends on athletics and they cant afford wrestling. So if you hate NDSU Wrestling and Baseball then by all means continue to say NDSU needs to move to the MVC or MAC because they will be cut.

MVC sponsors Baseball, and why would you not want to move to the MVC?

edit I assume you mean MWC not MVC right? then I agree

NDSUstudent
09-02-2013, 10:53 PM
I'm not sure why NDSU has to cut sports to move into the MVC....our budget and MVC budgets are pretty comparable. Even the MAC isn't that big of a step up really.

Bisonguy
09-02-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm not sure why NDSU has to cut sports to move into the MVC....our budget and MVC budgets are pretty comparable. Even the MAC isn't that big of a step up really.

NDSU can't cut sports if looking at FBS. 14 sports required for FCS, 16 for FBS.

roadwarrior
09-02-2013, 10:56 PM
I don't think NDSU can cut any sports. We have the minimum to be a DI member.

SamsRams
09-02-2013, 11:18 PM
I don't think NDSU can cut any sports. We have the minimum to be a DI member.

I stand corrected and apologize for not knowing this. Travel expenses would double if not triple. just think it is silly to move up only to watch those conferences move back towards FCS levels

BisonCardinal
09-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Pretty low. We just don't have critical mass.

I do worry about being in the MVFC. When the MVC was looking for members to replace Creighton, their commissioner made it a point to say they were NOT looking for a school that had football. Kind of like Roger Thomas and Kupchella calling a press conference to say they were not moving up to D1. The MVC does not want to have the MVFC upstage them with being FBS. Adding a football-centric school replace Creighton would upset the basketball focus. Sure a MVC invite would be nice, but they aren't near as sexy without Creighton or potentially Wichita State. Good grief, until last year, the MVC hadn't been to the Final Four since 1979.

I worry about the MVFC as I have never heard Patty V. talk about staying at the second level of college football like Fullerton of the BSC has. I would have no problem with NDSU, along with the other Dakota and Montana schools becoming a part of the BSC - Northern Division.

Just my thoughts. Flame away.

unbison
09-03-2013, 03:21 AM

What I was trying to say was we are where we need to be

AmberValley
09-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Big Ten Cry Babies :pan:

Big Ten encouraged to avoid FCS

Check out comments after article, some references to the Bison challenge.

Link: http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/big-ten-commissioner-jim-delany-encourages-teams-not-to-schedule-fcs-opponents-090313

thundarsdaddy
09-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Zero................

Agree totally with 56BISON73(sounds like a QB calling out signals)...set...HUT-HUT-HUT!

Was great to see you in Kansas 56!!

Strongman
09-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Wow. ZERO CHANCE within the next 20 years. I am advocating moving up. But you need to be realistic. We need to first build a 35,000 seat stadium, (with future expansion option of 50,000) and join a non BCS conference.

Boise State, with it's new stadium addition, probably has a 50% of joining the Big 12 or Big 10 within the next 10 years. I am assuming within the next 10 years, there will be 4 to 6 super conferences with 16 to 20 team per conference.

IF NDSU moves up, does well, and enrollment continues to soar, there is a small chance that 30 years from now, NDSU could join the Big 10. (5 to 15%)

GradBison
09-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Wow. ZERO CHANCE within the next 20 years. I am advocating moving up. But you need to be realistic. We need to first build a 35,000 seat stadium, (with future expansion option of 50,000) and join a non BCS conference.

Boise State, with it's new stadium addition, probably has a 50% of joining the Big 12 or Big 10 within the next 10 years. I am assuming within the next 10 years, there will be 4 to 6 super conferences with 16 to 20 team per conference.

IF NDSU moves up, does well, and enrollment continues to soar, there is a small chance that 30 years from now, NDSU could join the Big 10. (5 to 15%)

Enrollment hasn't increased since Chapman left.

thundarsdaddy
09-04-2013, 05:52 PM

I am not trying to argue, just to comment, but yes I agree with 56BISON73...NONE! Due to the fact that the whole D1 Football situation is changing...fast. The potential "Super-Conferences", that they tried to set up 2 years ago had a definite purpose to it, and that was to hopefully set up 4 Super-Conferences, and say "screw the NCAA" and host their own post season tournament. The NCAA then stepped in and said.."slow down", and now is working towards a tourney similar to the FCS, but this will take several more years. Because of all this, I think NDSU needs to simply "stay-the-course", and NOT try to push to move into a big Conference, because I really believe, by the time the NCAA gets a true post season tournament, things will have changed a lot, with the possibility of not having FCS at all anymore a possibility?
Personally I think the fact that FCS schools(like NDSU) benefit from having the Psot-Season Tournament NOW, having played in several Winner-plays-loser-stays-home type play off games each post-season nowadays, while the BCS teams simply get one more game, if they are invited to a Bowl Game. These play-off games make Teams such as NDSU...EWU etc......SHARPER by learning how to WIN games, in a tough environment!
Things seem like they will change now with all the FCS wins last weekend.

Just one persons opinion!

IndyBison
09-04-2013, 06:59 PM
I am not trying to argue, just to comment, but yes I agree with 56BISON73...NONE! Due to the fact that the whole D1 Football situation is changing...fast. The potential "Super-Conferences", that they tried to set up 2 years ago had a definite purpose to it, and that was to hopefully set up 4 Super-Conferences, and say "screw the NCAA" and host their own post season tournament. The NCAA then stepped in and said.."slow down", and now is working towards a tourney similar to the FCS, but this will take several more years. Because of all this, I think NDSU needs to simply "stay-the-course", and NOT try to push to move into a big Conference, because I really believe, by the time the NCAA gets a true post season tournament, things will have changed a lot, with the possibility of not having FCS at all anymore a possibility?
Personally I think the fact that FCS schools(like NDSU) benefit from having the Psot-Season Tournament NOW, having played in several Winner-plays-loser-stays-home type play off games each post-season nowadays, while the BCS teams simply get one more game, if they are invited to a Bowl Game. These play-off games make Teams such as NDSU...EWU etc......SHARPER by learning how to WIN games, in a tough environment!
Things seem like they will change now with all the FCS wins last weekend.

Just one persons opinion!

The playoff was set up by the BCS and not the NCAA.

56BISON73
09-04-2013, 07:11 PM
What I was trying to say was we are where we need to be

I agree.
The whole dynamic of the FCS-FBS would have to change before I would consider moving up. All I see for some peoples reasons to move up have to do with recognition. We arent getting the respect we deserve etc etc. We should be playing the big boys etc etc. Fact is those reason are nothing more than personal ego so they can say we play the big boys and not about what is actually best for NDSU and its programs--ALL of its programs.

jimmyptubas
09-04-2013, 07:22 PM
I agree.
The whole dynamic of the FCS-FBS would have to change before I would consider moving up. All I see for some peoples reasons to move up have to do with recognition. We arent getting the respect we deserve etc etc. We should be playing the big boys etc etc. Fact is those reason are nothing more than personal ego so they can say we play the big boys and not about what is actually best for NDSU and its programs--ALL of its programs.

A very good point however in most sports we are up at the highest level so going fbs probably doesn't affect other sports all that much

*I'm not a "move up" apologist

SamsRams
09-04-2013, 07:26 PM
A very good point however in most sports we are up at the highest level so going fbs probably doesn't affect other sports all that much

travel times dont affect teams? very interesting, someone should tell Hawaii this

56BISON73
09-04-2013, 07:29 PM

All of its programs was meant to be in relation to academics, as that is a huge component that conferences take in to consideration when moves like this take place. I just didnt clarify it. But your point is very valid.

KC Bison
09-06-2013, 01:42 AM
With a 19K stadium, zero percent chance. If someone ponies up a 50K stadium, maybe a 5% chance. We not only don't have a stadium remotely big enough but we don't have the academic clout to join them either.

CaBisonFan
09-06-2013, 01:46 AM
NDSU might be the exception to all of the rules.

Yes...a stadium would need to be built. It would have to be a large dome.

Tatanka
09-06-2013, 02:05 AM
we don't have the academic clout to join them either.

ding ding ding

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

NDSUstudent
09-06-2013, 02:26 AM
Academically we aren't too far away from some Big 12 schools. The B1G though has much more academic clout...we aren't even in the ballpark there.

MWC would be the best fit academically but even there we still would need a bigger stadium.

Herd
09-06-2013, 02:30 AM
I totally agree, the B1T is no B1G academically.

HazenBizon
09-06-2013, 03:45 AM
[QUOTE=Tatanka;760840]ding ding ding]

Exactly! The B1G basically requires admittance to the AAC which is not going to happen in the near future for NDSU. The only way I see a big 12 invite happening is if the B1G and the SEC raid the conference again.

KC Bison
09-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Reminder of how things worked out for Missouri when pimped themselves trying to get into the B1G. They got rejected and Nebraska got the invite.