PDA

View Full Version : Coach Vigs for president

OrygunBison
09-01-2013, 11:41 PM
I don't want to EVER read any more about his shitty playcalling. Yeah, he calls it vanilla during the bulk of the season but we are always amazed during big games, particularly during the playoffs. Its not about trickery, either. He put a masterful package together throughout the 2011 and 2012 playoffs and especially on Friday. If Bohl ever leaves, I would love for GT to offer it to Coach Vigen.

Down with "Fire Vigen Save Season". Enough of that shit. He's rock solid when the team needs him most. *

* (Barring whenever we play Missouri State...)

Rockbear99
09-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Fire the "Fire Vigen comment" save season

NDSUBowler
09-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Fire Orygun Save Vigen?!

MNLonghorn10
09-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Fire Vigen Save the Season chanted in the parking lot with Lakes & co was a top 5 memory from last year after the ISUb game.

GOBISON123
09-01-2013, 11:59 PM
I don't want to EVER read any more about his shitty playcalling. Yeah, he calls it vanilla during the bulk of the season but we are always amazed during big games, particularly during the playoffs. Its not about trickery, either. He put a masterful package together throughout the 2011 and 2012 playoffs and especially on Friday. If Bohl ever leaves, I would love for GT to offer it to Coach Vigen.

Down with "Fire Vigen Save Season". Enough of that shit. He's rock solid when the team needs him most. *

Please dont jinx the mojo, Coach Bohl aint going anywhere, infact K-State fans wants Coach Bohl to replace Billy Old Cat Snyder and want a 11ft Bronze statue of a Bison right behind Snyder's statue to make it look like Bison chasing Snyder, of course Bohl is happy here, his family is here, fans love him, and he built this program from scratch so nobody here wants him to leave. Vigen is doing his thing and everything is in a nice equilibrium. So please dont start some crap. Lets focus on 3 peat.

OrygunBison
09-02-2013, 12:15 AM
Please dont jinx the mojo, Coach Bohl aint going anywhere, infact K-State fans wants Coach Bohl to replace Billy Old Cat Snyder and want a 11ft Bronze statue of a Bison right behind Snyder's statue to make it look like Bison chasing Snyder, of course Bohl is happy here, his family is here, fans love him, and he built this program from scratch so nobody here wants him to leave. Vigen is doing his thing and everything is in a nice equilibrium. So please dont start some crap. Lets focus on 3 peat.

Way to focus on one out of the eight sentences that I wrote, Wendell. The POINT is, Coach Vigs rocks...and we're lucky to have him.

westnodak93bison
09-02-2013, 01:32 AM
Way to focus on one out of the eight sentences that I wrote, Wendell. The POINT is, Coach Vigs rocks...and we're lucky to have him.

He has really improved. It does help having a four year starter at QB.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

AjaxTheMighty
09-02-2013, 02:20 AM

Vigen has come a loooong way! But I'd rather see Kleiman as head coach than Vigen. Sorry! I've seen one too many live games maybe. And I'm not selling Vigen's performance on Friday night. It was a masterpiece.

BadlandsBison
09-02-2013, 02:28 AM
Settle down people! Vigen reads bisonville and purposely does things to piss us off. Its the only way to explain the fullback dive conspiracy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-02-2013, 02:33 AM
He called a brilliant game and it was executed to near perfection.

The two go hand in hand.

WYOBISONMAN
09-02-2013, 02:39 AM
Early on in his career the criticisms were valid. Now, he is a scholar of the game and NDSU will be fortunate to retain him. As usual, the rubes like me were off base and did not see the value in "growing our own". Bohl and Taylor did very well by sticking with Vigen and he called one hell of a game in Manhattan!

GOBISON123
09-02-2013, 02:54 AM
I was worse, I tore up Coach Vigs all season last year. Everything was his fault. Now its Coach Kenny Burns turn :).

HerdBot
09-02-2013, 04:28 AM
Early on in his career the criticisms were valid. Now, he is a scholar of the game and NDSU will be fortunate to retain him. As usual, the rubes like me were off base and did not see the value in "growing our own". Bohl and Taylor did very well by sticking with Vigen and he called one hell of a game in Manhattan!

He was new and learned. Now he is becoming very very good. One thing we can all agree on is Vigen is 100% Bison. North Dakota boy, played at NDSU, has been waiting for years to be a coordinator. Loves the Bison. I could actually see him be considered as a head coach some day. Patience is a virtue.

GOBISON123
09-02-2013, 04:38 AM
He was new and learned. Now he is becoming very very good. One thing we can all agree on is Vigen is 100% Bison. North Dakota boy, played at NDSU, has been waiting for years to be a coordinator. Loves the Bison. I could actually see him be considered as a head coach some day. Patience is a virtue.

Amen brother Amen.

BisonNeil
09-02-2013, 02:47 PM

Bill Synder built the K State program from scratch. They had like two winning seasons in the previous 37 seasons before he got here. Bohl did NOT build the Bison football program from scratch. If you want to give that moniker to someone, give it to Mudra as NDSU was moribund prior to his arrival.

But, the fact remains that NDSU had won 8 national championships prior to Bohl's arrival. Yes, Babich took the program backwards, but there was still a significant fanbase and institutional support for the football program. Synder had to build that at K State, Bohl did not.

Bohl's a great coach. No reason to exaggerate his accomplishments.

BisoninNWMN
09-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Vigen called a very good game.

I still love the fact that Coach Klieman came here from UNI...:rofl:

If Bohl , heaven forbid, does leave I hope Klieman is givin huge consideration. He would probably go with Bohl, though.

HandoEX
09-02-2013, 03:01 PM
One thing's for sure...there's no middle ground for Vigen in the fan's eyes. He should be fired, or elected President. I'm on the President side of the fence.

Vigen is patient, fans aren't.

A1pigskin
09-02-2013, 03:08 PM
The chemistry with the coaches are setup just right.

badger04
09-02-2013, 03:39 PM
One things people over look is that these players know each other very well. becasue have played an extra season playing in the playoffs. (11-1). It all helps. Enjoy the ride!

td577
09-02-2013, 03:57 PM
I have always been one who has liked the play calling. In fact, there are times I want it more conservative. At every level experts say the key to winning is a balanced attack. Look at the stats during Vigen's tenure. You don't get much more balanced then that.

I want to see more of a grind. Passing plays save too much clock. It takes a lot of discipline to stay with grinding it out. That discipline breaks opponents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

HerdBot
09-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Vigen called a very good game.

I still love the fact that Coach Klieman came here from UNI...:rofl:

If Bohl , heaven forbid, does leave I hope Klieman is givin huge consideration. He would probably go with Bohl, though.

We don't know that he would leave.

Klieman would certainly be a candidate. I would want to see a coach that keeps all the same systems in place, kind of like when Morton left. Solomonson wins. Then Rocky. Changing the offense and defense would set the team back 3 years.

Honestly I think the big thing that hurts Bohls chance of a "big time bcs head coach" is the fact he's dedicated to our style of offense. He 100% believes in it. While incredible effective, most fans like wide open spread offenses. Big time BCS is all about marketing to the fans. Harrington the fox announcer said the offense is incredibly effective but almost lulls you to sleep

BisoninNWMN
09-02-2013, 04:40 PM
We don't know that he would leave.

Klieman would certainly be a candidate. I would want to see a coach that keeps all the same systems in place, kind of like when Morton left. Solomonson wins. Then Rocky. Changing the offense and defense would set the team back 3 years.

Honestly I think the big thing that hurts Bohls chance of a "big time bcs head coach" is the fact he's dedicated to our style of offense. He 100% believes in it. While incredible effective, most fans like wide open spread offenses. Harrington the fox announcer said the offense is incredibly effective but almost lulls you to sleep

Alabama does not run the spread and they do pretty well in the 'big boy' league. You do not need to run the spread to be successful.

I'm just speculating about Bohl and Klieman. The Tampa-2 and Power West-Coast offense have been effective for the Bison.

HerdBot
09-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Alabama does not run the spread and they do pretty well in the 'big boy' league. You do not need to run the spread to be successful.

I'm just speculating about Bohl and Klieman. The Tampa-2 and Power West-Coast offense have been effective for the Bison.

When I said spead I was generalizing. Alabama is exciting and flashy. Most teams fans would cry at the thought of running our offense. Fans are lame and want to see big plays. We have great fan base that appreciates out styles
Could you imagine if most Big 10 or 12 teams were running our offense? Fans would hate it.

BisoninNWMN
09-02-2013, 04:59 PM
When I said spead I was generalizing. Alabama is exciting and flashy. Most teams fans would cry at the thought of running our offense. Fans are lame and want to see big plays. We have great fan base that appreciates out styles
Could you imagine if most Big 10 or 12 teams were running our offense? Fans would hate it.

Ya, I hear ya.

Look at Mason at the U of MN. He ran a pro-set offense and actually had some good teams that had good running games. Not to hijack this thread but that is why I think Kill will not be successful at the U of MN. His spread offense is not the answer...maybe I'm wrong. Coach Bohl has said it about NDSU and recruiting here that we grow big lineman up here in the Midwest, just the skill position players are in short supply.

I love Coach Bohl's philosophy and recruiting.

Bison"FANatic"
09-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Vigen has had a huge turn around. 4 heck even 3 years ago he was pretty dang predictable and it didn't seem that he had the art of setting up his plays. Heck the winning play from Friday night was beat to death that season with Mertens. His timing and play calling has matured so much and I will eat my crow wit A1 please.

I wonder if it is coincidence or if Klieman was able to point out tendencies and how UNI schemed him as ever since he has came over Vigen has been immensely improved.

Tatanka
09-02-2013, 06:22 PM
I wonder if it is coincidence or if Klieman was able to point out tendencies and how UNI schemed him as ever since he has came over Vigen has been immensely improved.could very well be on to something there.