PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Verbal #4: R.J. Urzendowski

tony
09-01-2013, 10:04 PM
R.J. Urzendowski from Creighton Preparatory School, Omaha, NE. He's 6-1, 185 and from the same school as Easton Stick. Saw it in a Dom Izzo tweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP_9siK6iOs

GOBISON123
09-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Huge Love and welcome to Bison Nation RJ

bisoningrandforks
09-01-2013, 10:32 PM
sweet!.....now it's Easton's turn!

Tony Almeida
09-01-2013, 10:49 PM
sweet!.....now it's Easton's turn!

No kidding!! If that is him on the video, we HAVE to get him as well!!

GOBISON123
09-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Easton please be part of the Bison family. We love to have you here.

SamsRams
09-01-2013, 11:31 PM
wonder how many WR's they take in this class. Hawkins and Johns still have offers at this point but that may change.

jarhead
09-02-2013, 12:12 AM
Welcome R. J., excited to have you joining the Bison.

HerdBot
09-02-2013, 03:44 AM
Great hands, tough over the middle, good deep ball guy, and seems to have good enough D1 speed already and those are his jr highlights. He will only get faster with our training. If the QB is Stick, that's a heck of a combo. They seem to know what the other is going to do. Good signing. Good music on the highlights too with some old school Tool! Welcome aboard!

jarhead
09-02-2013, 04:38 PM
R. J. had a very solid game against a good Omaha Burke team last week. Teammate QB Easton Stick also had a very nice game, as did bunny recruit
Trey Carr. Would love to see all three of them in Bison Green.

http://www.neprepzone.com/article/20130830/PREPZONE/130839824/1215#prep-pulls-away-from-burke-in-fourth-quarter

Mr. Burgundy
09-06-2013, 08:51 PM
This was a kid I have been following for a while. Has some really great articles on him. Sounds like he has always tested very good at the camps and catches everything. Pretty exciting that one of this camps was at K-State and one article said it would be his first major offer if they didn't hit their top target (North Carolina kid). So I am guessing they did, as KSU didn't offer.

From a May article:

I ran a 4.18 shuttle though which when they gave us out SPARQ ratings it said I was in the 98th percentile from all of the camps they've had this year. I threw the power ball 34-feet I think which was in the 83rd-percentile and my vertical was 32-inches. So it was a pretty good day of testing. I thought I stacked up pretty well against everyone else."

One thing Urzendowski has excelled at during these camps was the one-on-ones. He said last weekend was no exception.

"I definitely thought I did as well in the one-on-ones at the Nike camp as I did at the Rivals Camp," Urzendowski said. "I was able to win all of my one-on-ones and I caught 10 out of the 12 passes. The only two I didn't catch were just bad throws, uncatchable balls.

"Overall I did really well with the one-on-ones. I would say this was the best group of corners that I've gone up against out of all of the camps and combines I've been to, including the Army Combine. So, with such a good group of corners I was really happy to have done as well as I did."

Urzendowski hopes to parlay his successful spring into an even better summer on the camp circuit.

"My confidence has definitely soared here lately," Urzendowski said. "I know that I have gone up against some corners that have 10 or 15 offers from big time schools and been able to beat them. When you go up against some of the better corners you have to be very precise with your route running. I'd say that's something that I've been able to really clean up here lately and get even better at.

"With my confidence so high I'm really looking forward to getting to these school camps this summer and performing well for the coaching staffs."

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1505038

Mr. Burgundy
09-06-2013, 08:55 PM
another camp recap with the Huskers.

"The camp went well," Urzendowski said. "Easton and I and a couple others threw afterwards in front of the Husker staff. I thought I tested well and thought I ran good routes and did pretty well in the receiving drills."

Urzendowski and Stick said they got the chance to talk with Pelini, Cotton, and Fisher afterwards and the coaches indicated that they would definitely be keeping a close eye on them going forward.

"They thought we did pretty well," Stick said. "I think they were pretty surprised. Coach Pelini wants me to come back if I can. He said that he thinks I have a ton of potential."

Up next for Urzendowski is Northwestern's Chicago Showcase then Kansas State's camp this Saturday. Stick will be attending Akron's camp tomorrow and will be joining Urzendowski for the Kansas State camp.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1514639

It would be just sweet to get Easton Stick to join him.

bison_by_blood
09-07-2013, 03:32 PM
That qb reminds me of Steve Walker with all the pump fakes

SamsRams
02-20-2014, 09:47 PM
http://bisonation.info/rj-urzendowski-qa/

EndZoneQB
02-20-2014, 10:03 PM
That is a mature young man. I think the answer about him and Stick was incredibly telling. He has the right mindset to stick around.

HerdBot
02-20-2014, 10:06 PM
http://bisonation.info/rj-urzendowski-qa/

These kids answer questions with the maturity of adults. Smart and well spoken guy

natstar1
08-16-2014, 04:21 AM
@DomIzzoWDAY
ICYMI; #NDSU HC Chris Klieman tells me true freshman wide receiver RJ Urzendowski will play this year #FCSFootball

StL Bison Fan
08-16-2014, 04:25 AM
@DomIzzoWDAY
ICYMI; #NDSU HC Chris Klieman tells me true freshman wide receiver RJ Urzendowski will play this year #FCSFootball

Good or bad? What say the pundits?

CivilBison96
08-16-2014, 04:38 AM
Good or bad? What say the pundits?

I wouldn't say I am a pundit but I sure hope that it is more than special teams. Imagine if Ryan Smith and Grant Olson (who played predominately on special teams as true freshmen) were coming back this year as redshirt seniors. I do realize that there are some elite athletes who are stars as freshmen however they typically do not play at this level and I see this as trading a players worst year (development wise) for what could be their best year (again development wise) when they have been in the program for 4 years.

If true I hope R.J. excels in whatever role they put him in.

AKBison
08-16-2014, 04:39 AM
I say bad, we have a lot of other receivers and it would suck to waste his year for some mop up duty. If he is really that good, let him prepare every week for gameday, but only lift the redshirt in case of injury to vraa. Plus, we all want to see 3 full years of stick to Urz.

El_Chapo
08-16-2014, 04:43 AM
Awesome. It's about time NDSU gets to the level of such great recruits that they play right away.

BisonFanMan10
08-16-2014, 12:14 PM
RJ has stepped up this fall.. Big time. Some even say he's arguably the 2nd best receiver on the team right now. Not that the returning players are doing anything wrong... But thats how big of a stud RJ has been in camp.

Bisonwinagn
08-16-2014, 12:54 PM
RJ has stepped up this fall.. Big time. Some even say he's arguably the 2nd best receiver on the team right now. Not that the returning players are doing anything wrong... But thats how big of a stud RJ has been in camp.

This is the question I have is he just really good or are the other receivers bad. If he's the best then he needs to play, but its disappointing all those other players haven't gotten better.

344Johnson
08-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Receiver is not an important position. No big deal if NDSU needs to play a freshman or two

Jay
08-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Receiver is not an important position. No big deal if NDSU needs to play a freshman or two

Ahhh what?? Not important? Preposterous statement worthy.

344Johnson
08-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Ahhh what?? Not important? Preposterous statement worthy.

Name a less important position group... Please.

ZHerd
08-16-2014, 01:57 PM

Waterboy. Also kicker...oh wait....GA southern fans about to murder me

StL Bison Fan
08-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Waterboy. Also kicker...oh wait....GA southern fans about to murder me

No problem. Ga Southern's water boy. IS their kicker.

BisoninNWMN
08-16-2014, 04:01 PM
This is the question I have is he just really good or are the other receivers bad. If he's the best then he needs to play, but its disappointing all those other players haven't gotten better.

Maybe they have but maybe this kid is that good??? I don't know, I have not see any practices this year. But the coaches have said the best player will play no matter if they are a freshman or senior.

Tatanka
08-16-2014, 05:09 PM
Sends an important and IMHO positive message to incoming recruits as well... the best players will indeed play.

thebigund
08-16-2014, 05:17 PM
What about Dee Grey? Is he not developing into the sure thing he was supposed to be?

thebigund
08-16-2014, 05:18 PM

How would you measure importance?

GOBISON123
08-16-2014, 05:25 PM
What about Dee Grey? Is he not developing into the sure thing he was supposed to be?

It has been a long wait for him and Woods to show their talent...so far ......

344Johnson
08-16-2014, 07:26 PM
How would you measure importance?

Value. Wide receivers are a luxury item and not a necessity.

Tatanka
08-16-2014, 07:37 PM

http://i.imgur.com/P5ORDUK.gif

Tatanka
08-16-2014, 07:39 PM
How would you measure impotence?

I would rank it from zero (meaning basically potent) as the low end, up to approximately UN_'s 2013 defense.

SamsRams
08-16-2014, 08:13 PM
Sends an important and IMHO positive message to incoming recruits as well... the best players will indeed play.

This This and This. You cant redshirt the whole class, that is recruiting suicide for the following year

unbison
08-16-2014, 10:06 PM

Wtf are you talking about a team doesn't need wide receivers?

344Johnson
08-16-2014, 10:24 PM
Wtf are you talking about a team doesn't need wide receivers?
Relative to every other position group on the field....I value WR's at the bottom. Rather be strong elsewhere on the field.

Christopher Moen
08-16-2014, 11:14 PM
I would take Urzendowski's promotion as a sign of where the offense is going, in that they will be passing more. With Carson Wentz's Rocket-Arm, why not?

Gully
08-16-2014, 11:15 PM
I would take Urzendowski's promotion as a sign of where the offense is going, in that they will be passing more. With Carson Wentz's Rocket-Arm, why not?

Perhaps because what they did the last three years worked well?

344Johnson
08-16-2014, 11:30 PM

Have to play to your strengths no? This team week likely have different strengths and weaknesses than the last 3 teams who were each unique as well

Gully
08-16-2014, 11:38 PM
Have to play to your strengths no? This team week likely have different strengths and weaknesses than the last 3 teams who were each unique as well

I suppose. My money is that things will look very familiar though.

Back to RJ, I think the other receivers looked good enough last year that the coaches must really like what they see to pull RJs redshirt. Is it game time yet already?

thebigund
08-16-2014, 11:49 PM
I suppose. My money is that things will look very familiar though.

Back to RJ, I think the other receivers looked good enough last year that the coaches must really like what they see to pull RJs redshirt. Is it game time yet already?

It reminds me of when Golladay got his RS pulled and we were already loaded at WR. He promptly transferred to Northern Illinois after muss was fired and now he'll get a real test. You don't pull a WR RS for no reason, he'll play and do well.

Christopher Moen
08-17-2014, 12:11 AM

If Wentz was exactly like Jensen, then yes, I would say the Bison would be doing exactly the same as they have in the past three years. Since Wentz brings in a different skill-set, I expect thing on offense to be a little different. However, I expect there will be "A LOT" of pounding the ball with the RB's, especially on the right side where the two towers reside.

natstar1
08-17-2014, 04:22 AM
If Wentz was exactly like Jensen, then yes, I would say the Bison would be doing exactly the same as they have in the past three years. Since Wentz brings in a different skill-set, I expect thing on offense to be a little different. However, I expect there will be "A LOT" of pounding the ball with the RB's, especially on the right side where the two towers reside.
What is the difference in their skill sets? Based on that answer what changes would you think to see in the offense?

BisonFanMan10
08-17-2014, 04:52 AM
It has been a long wait for him and Woods to show their talent...so far ......

Dee Gray is a lost cause at the point. In his third year and is still struggling with the playbook. Woods on the otherhand has made numerous outstanding plays in camp thus far and will play a huge role in this seasons passing game. Warren is another name thats drowning im the quicksand. Regardless, RJ has Warren and Gray beat out.

Christopher Moen
08-17-2014, 09:25 AM
What is the difference in their skill sets? Based on that answer what changes would you think to see in the offense?

Mainly, Wentz has a bigger, stronger arm, and that's not meant as an insult towards Jensen. I haven't seen enough of Wentz's passes, but I have heard he might also be more accurate. I don't know who is faster, but both are mobile QB's. As right now, I don't know if Wentz has Jensen's poise and leadership skills, but we will see in less than a few weeks.

With Wentz's arm, I'm expecting the passing game to more relevant than recent years past. The running game though, will still be important, especially with the amount of talented backs the Bison have right now.

BisoninNWMN
08-17-2014, 01:19 PM

I agree.

Two guys 6-7 with one 300 and the other 320 means there should be some nice holes open on the right side for the RBs.

BisonNeil
08-17-2014, 02:33 PM

I can't disagree, but something tells me that with Wentz's arm, and Polasek calling the plays instead of Brent Conservative Vigen, the Bison will be going downtown more often.

El_Chapo
08-17-2014, 02:37 PM
Polosak is gonna be a jab jab BOOM guy.
Whereas vigen was a jab jab jab (whew brock & ryan smith pulled that out for me) guy
Big difference

BisonNeil
08-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Awesome. It's about time NDSU gets to the level of such great recruits that they play right away.

Say what?

Tell me this oh wise one. What was the last year that a true freshmen did NOT play for the Bison?

El_Chapo
08-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Did NOT play? U feeling alright? 95% of them they get redshirted.

BisonNeil
08-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Did NOT play? U feeling alright? 95% of them they get redshirted.

You missed the point bright guy. NDSU has had a true freshman that has his redshirt pulled every year that I can remember. So, NDSU has already been at "the level of such great recruits that they play right away". You just don't get it and you certainly don't pay attention.

BisoninNWMN
08-17-2014, 03:04 PM
You missed the point bright guy. NDSU has had a true freshman that has his redshirt pulled every year that I can remember. So, NDSU has already been at "the level of such great recruits that they play right away". You just don't get it and you certainly don't pay attention.

I think a true Fr has played every year for quite awhile. Probably at the FBS level it is more uncommon with the added 22 schollys.

Play the best player, freshman or senior......I like that philosophy.

ZHerd
08-17-2014, 03:07 PM
I think a true Fr has played every year for quite awhile. Probably at the FBS level it is more uncommon with the added 22 schollys.

Play the best player, freshman or senior......I like that philosophy.

Sure worked for the 2010 class

tony
08-17-2014, 03:07 PM
Polosak is gonna be a jab jab BOOM guy.
Whereas vigen was a jab jab jab (whew brock & ryan smith pulled that out for me) guy
Big difference

Your boxing metaphors are broken. If you replace "jab" with "body blow" and "BOOM" with "uppercut", then you might be on to something. Vigen worked the body. People didn't like it because it wasn't super sexy, but it softened up defenses for their second-half whooping.

Also, your logic is not logic at all. A lot of true freshmen playing would more likely signal bad recruiting/retention than good. Sure, true freshmen should be good enough to push for playing time, but you'd really only want to see a couple make it. Wait, you haven't deluded yourself into believing that NDSU's recruiting was bad under Bohl, have you?

GOBISON123
08-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Your boxing metaphors are broken. If you replace "jab" with "body blow" and "BOOM" with "uppercut", then you might be on to something. Vigen worked the body. People didn't like it because it wasn't super sexy, but it softened up defenses for their second-half whooping.

Also, your logic is not logic at all. A lot of true freshmen playing would more likely signal bad recruiting/retention than good. Sure, true freshmen should be good enough to push for playing time, but you'd really only want to see a couple make it. Wait, you haven't deluded yourself into believing that NDSU's recruiting was bad under Bohl, have you?

Vigen found a way to win regardless of all the drawbacks.

Christopher Moen
08-17-2014, 04:17 PM

Absolutely true! In Urzendowski's case, I believe he made the team because of his skills. I'm not sure of the development of the players he beat out, but he makes a nice complementary WR to Vraa.

El_Chapo
08-17-2014, 04:30 PM
Yea I am not a great boxing mind, Cesar Chavez always bored me.

In regards with recruiting, the more popular and nationally exposed NDSU is getting and hope to continue, the better recruits we might be pulling in (2-3 star kids). So I guess I'm just hoping with bigger name more talented recruits coming in they could play right away taking that angle .

thebigund
08-17-2014, 07:46 PM

In regards with recruiting, the more popular and nationally exposed NDSU is getting and hope to continue, the better recruits we might be pulling in (2-3 star kids). So I guess I'm just hoping with bigger name more talented recruits coming in they could play right away taking that angle .
What was the average star rating of Gratzek Olsen Cornik Jensen Holloway Williams Heagle Turner Beck Littlejohn Ojuri Smith Grothman and other recent great NDSU players?

thebigund
08-17-2014, 07:48 PM
There's an old golf saying; the are two things in this world that don't last, dogs that chase cars and golfers that put for pars. You could add football teams that chase (Rivals) stars to it as well.

56BISON73
08-17-2014, 07:49 PM

Going to be tough to get when you can only offer a partial scholarship and lose the possibility of playing in front of 100,000 fans.

El_Chapo
08-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Big UND is slow again. I said. INCOMING KIDS AND FUTURE RECRUITS that NDSU may get because of recent natl exposure COULD be bigger recruits. #duh

thebigund
08-17-2014, 08:36 PM
Big UND is slow again. I said. INCOMING KIDS AND FUTURE RECRUITS that NDSU may get because of recent natl exposure COULD be bigger recruits. #duh

Sorry ill try and slow it down for you since it's Sunday. If you'd like to see the drop off in team play shoot for the Rivals stars. Or you could stay the course and get a team full of hard working tough mutherfuckers who rivals missed.

ZHerd
08-17-2014, 08:39 PM
Sorry ill try and slow it down for you since it's Sunday. If you'd like to see the drop off in team play shoot for the Rivals stars. Or you could stay the course and get a team full of hard working tough mutherfuckers who rivals missed.

We'll take both. Fast explosive guys at certain skill positions regardless where they are from and upper Midwest pot roasts for the trenches

BlueBisonRock
08-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Chapo / Z. The man is paying a complement to the Bison and recognizing their strength. There are times when your opponent will actually demonstrate respect. Look for it.

ZHerd
08-17-2014, 10:54 PM
Chapo / Z. The man is paying a complement to the Bison and recognizing their strength. There are times when your opponent will actually demonstrate respect. Look for it.

My response was not nasty and in no way meant to be confrontational. I was simply stating info

BlueBisonRock
08-17-2014, 10:56 PM
My response was not nasty and in no way meant to be confrontational. I was simply stating info

So I misinterpreted your comment. Apologies.

ZHerd
08-18-2014, 12:47 AM
So I misinterpreted your comment. Apologies.

No prob. I don't mind Bigund's comments and found it odd that he was dead last in reputation on this site. There must have been some serious smack taking place back in the day before I came on here

Christopher Moen
08-18-2014, 01:39 AM
What was the average star rating of Gratzek Olsen Cornik Jensen Holloway Williams Heagle Turner Beck Littlejohn Ojuri Smith Grothman and other recent great NDSU players?

The star-rating of high school recruits is a bit misconceiving in that they don't show if the young player has already hit his peak in high school or is a raw talent that is coachable and can be developed into a better player. Another difficulty of using the star-ratings is whether young players are judged subjectively or objectively.

I prefer NDSU to keep using with whatever scouting method they have been using since 2010. Most the names listed above by thebigund shows the method works. They have done a great job of finding talent (stars or no stars) that many BCS schools ignore and develop them into great college football players. And of course, some of them become NFL and CFL players later on.

GOBISON123
08-18-2014, 07:05 AM
We win championship because of system kids not star kids.

westnodak93bison
08-18-2014, 01:54 PM
We win championship because of system kids not star kids.
Agree. Our systems and culture promote great team work.

Bison"FANatic"
08-18-2014, 02:37 PM
I am really looking forward to watching R.J. play. Must be special to pass up the depth chart and have shirt pulled as a WR.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
08-18-2014, 03:50 PM
I have said it before "any time you pull the redshirt off a freshman, you exchange his most productive year (5th year senior) for his least productive. In my estimation it says something about the caliber of our existing receivers.

tcbison
08-18-2014, 04:14 PM
I have said it before "any time you pull the redshirt off a freshman, you exchange his most productive year (5th year senior) for his least productive. In my estimation it says something about the caliber of our existing receivers.

If the team has a need that R.J. can fill then I have no problem pulling the redshirt. Football is a team game and at times certain positions need an influx of talent. There has been lots of redshirts pulled during the threepeat.

THEsocalledfan
08-18-2014, 05:19 PM
Yes some truth here, yet how many eventually end to getting it back due to an injury (god forbid....)

It says something both about our depth and his ability.

bison_by_blood
08-18-2014, 05:59 PM

We pulled redshirts at LB and RB last year. Pretty deep positions on probably our best team ever. All this tells me is RJ is the real deal.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
08-18-2014, 07:08 PM
We pulled redshirts at LB and RB last year. Pretty deep positions on probably our best team ever. All this tells me is RJ is the real deal.

If he is the real deal, I hope he sees lots of looks and lots of touches, otherwise it is a total waste of a year

tcbison
08-19-2014, 03:02 PM
If he is the real deal, I hope he sees lots of looks and lots of touches, otherwise it is a total waste of a year

I understand your point from an individual players point but I still think it is more about helping the team. If by playing R.J. this year it helps the team beat say UNI and win the conference I wouldn't call it a total waste of a year. I think it is more about getting the best players on the field to win games but that is just my honest opinion.

T-Funk
08-19-2014, 03:57 PM
I understand your point from an individual players point but I still think it is more about helping the team. If by playing R.J. this year it helps the team beat say UNI and win the conference I wouldn't call it a total waste of a year. I think it is more about getting the best players on the field to win games but that is just my honest opinion.

Spot on. This was the philosophy used by the previous coaching staff, and that philosophy appears to have continued with the current staff. It's about putting the best players on the field to contribute now, regardless of their year in school.

CAS4127
08-19-2014, 04:17 PM
Spot on. This was the philosophy used by the previous coaching staff, and that philosophy appears to have continued with the current staff. It's about putting the best players on the field to contribute now, regardless of their year in school.

That philosophy has been around at NDSU for a long time. Best player at a position plays, regardless of age/year.

scottietohottie
08-19-2014, 06:42 PM
Hey didn't Ryan Smith get his red shirt pulled that seemed to work out.

aces1180
08-19-2014, 06:43 PM

Grant Olson as well.

scottietohottie
08-19-2014, 06:52 PM
Edited I was wrong

Bison"FANatic"
08-19-2014, 08:26 PM

As a return man, he had 3 carries and no receptions as a Freshman.

It is rare that a WR has a shirt pulled unless there are injuries. It is probably even rarer for one to do very well as a Freshman.

For RJ to have it pulled this soon and basically forcing the coaches to do it by playing so well is not common for a WR and is a testament to how well he must actually be doing. All this adds up to me being very very excited to see him play ball. WR is a very hard position to get a grasp on in 3 weeks. The intricacies and timing are crazy and thats not adding in the blocking.

stevdock
08-20-2014, 12:59 AM

It worked out fine, but for as little as Ryan Smith and Grant Olson did their freshmen year, wouldn't it be nice to have them back this year?? They both were basically on special teams the whole year. And I really don't know if either played enough that year that they got enough value out of their first year. Billy Turner also had the redshirt pulled that year, but started right around the UNI game.

Let's hope the Bison get the value of Turner out of pulling this redshirt instead of closer to the other two.

ZHerd
08-20-2014, 01:03 AM
It worked out fine, but for as little as Ryan Smith and Grant Olson did their freshmen year, wouldn't it be nice to have them back this year?? They both were basically on special teams the whole year. And I really don't know if either played enough that year that they got enough value out of their first year. Billy Turner also had the redshirt pulled that year, but started right around the UNI game.

Let's hope the Bison get the value of Turner out of pulling this redshirt instead of closer to the other two.

Its easy for me to say in hindsight, but it seemed like Grant was better than being a two year starter. I'm very glad he is still part of the team

SamsRams
08-20-2014, 01:13 AM
Coaches think he can help the team this year. Not sure why there is any debate on this. This staff and team is focused on winning in 2014. If that means every redshirt is pulled so be it.

bri-dog
08-20-2014, 01:22 AM
Definitely a bit of a gamble, but another way to look at it is -- who knows, maybe we'll be loaded at WR by his 5th year so we won't miss him quite as much. I he can help this year, I'm all for it.

HerdBot
08-20-2014, 01:42 AM

Typically I agree with that but sometimes playing as a true freshman mean they will be better prepared to play in year #2 getting first team practice reps. And with Vraa and Gebhart graduating, we will need him next year to be a starter quality receiver.

Kids already built like a college player and he had the speed route running abilities, and most important. .. great hands.

The reality is if he gives us a better chance to win I'm all for it.

Other guys. Gray doesn't appear to have the frame to add weight. Warren has blown out 2 knees so we don't know where he's at.

scottietohottie
08-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Doesn't some one have to replace Ryan Smith? Don't think having Dudzik return punts and kicks is an ideal situation especially when you play a team like cheap shot sdsu. Looks like R.J. was a high school return man. The Dudz is faster then blue blazes but sometimes that ball gets a little slippery in his hands.

THEsocalledfan
08-20-2014, 11:55 AM
Doesn't some one have to replace Ryan Smith? Don't think having Dudzik return punts and kicks is an ideal situation especially when you play a team like cheap shot sdsu. Looks like R.J. was a high school return man. The Dudz is faster then blue blazes but sometimes that ball gets a little slippery in his hands.

I tend to view the Dudz situation much like M Will returning; yes, injury risk, but when I guy is that darn good, I don't really think you can hold him back. With that said, I see Dudz more as a punt return kind of guy, so it would make sense to hold him out of KO duty. And yes, he has to end the dropsies part of his game quickly.

natstar1
01-11-2015, 12:34 AM

Doesn't feel like a waste to me.

A1pigskin
01-11-2015, 01:12 AM
So far I like what I see.

1998braves64
01-11-2015, 01:49 AM
This kid is a big time playmaker he shines when bison needed a play. It is too bad they couldn't red shirt him but glad they didn't!!
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

NDSU1980
01-11-2015, 01:53 AM
This kid is a big time playmaker he shines when bison needed a play. It is too bad they couldn't red shirt him but glad they didn't!!
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.That's the thing, can you imagine what he'd be like as a 5th year senior? Thing is, we never would have gotten by SDSU without him, and the experience from this year is going to make him a much better player next year. I wasn't happy about pulling the shirt either, but it sure was worth it this time. Another thing, if he should get injured, he's still got his redshirt left.

Herd12
01-11-2015, 02:02 AM
The team flat out doesn't get a ring this year if the redshirt doesn't come off of him. Next year's receiving corps could be scary if 82 comes back.

1998braves64
01-11-2015, 02:05 AM
Yeah and he obviously had a good thing with his HS QB... Who just happens to be a Bison also. Would have been nice to have them together for 3 years. But he made it more than worthwhile this year so I'm happy with it!
Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

AKBison
01-12-2015, 03:24 PM
I say bad, we have a lot of other receivers and it would suck to waste his year for some mop up duty. If he is really that good, let him prepare every week for gameday, but only lift the redshirt in case of injury to vraa. Plus, we all want to see 3 full years of stick to Urz.

Hi, I would like to report that after further review, I am in idiot.

Herd12
01-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Hi, I would like to report that after further review, I am in idiot.

Hey man, don't beat yourself up about it. Imagine him as an available player for the next 4 seasons. Would have been pretty special. Still going to be special.

AKBison
01-12-2015, 03:27 PM
I felt like I needed to come clean! However there were other doubters that should also partake in confession.