JSUBison
09-01-2013, 05:45 AM
Week 1

WIU 6,437
USD 8,012
SDSU 9,729
MSU 10,147
YSU 12,018

Pretty lackluster across the board. Why did SDSU have only 1700 more than the Yotes? SDSU fans why are your numbers down?

Week 2

WIU 4,021
SIU 10,038
YSU 13,226
UNI 15,960
NDSU 18,979

1998braves64
09-01-2013, 05:59 AM
Pretty lackluster across the board. Why did SDSU have only 1700 more than the Yotes? SDSU fans why are your numbers down?

Too busy watching the bison game on national TV I suppose.. :D

MNLonghorn10
09-01-2013, 06:43 AM
most sdsu fans were probably at the huskers game

HerdBot
09-01-2013, 06:51 AM
I thought SDSU only had a few thousand tickets available for Bison fans before they even went on sale. Trying to do the math. 15000 capacity. Less than 10000 attendance.

Tatanka
09-01-2013, 07:40 PM
It was the "heat and humidity" according to their radio broadcast. I call bullshit. I drove by Brookings at game time and the car thermometer read 84. Same temp as Manhattan.... At 2am after the game.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

BadlandsBison
09-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Oh quack! So NDSU's TRAVELING fans can get close to the conference's average attendance

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

MNLonghorn10
09-01-2013, 08:39 PM
It was the "heat and humidity" according to their radio broadcast. I call bullshit. I drove by Brookings at game time and the car thermometer read 84. Same temp as Manhattan.... At 2am after the game.

I saw more ndsu vehicles in sd than Jack vehicles yesterday afternoon.

Tatanka
09-01-2013, 08:54 PM
I saw more ndsu vehicles in sd than Jack vehicles yesterday afternoon.True story right here.

wow
09-01-2013, 11:15 PM
I thought SDSU only had a few thousand tickets available for Bison fans before they even went on sale. Trying to do the math. 15000 capacity. Less than 10000 attendance.

Our stadium has about 10,000 seats. There are still plenty of tickets available for the NDSU game, but no tickets that will get you a seat. In fact, you will likely be able to buy a ticket at the box office 5 minutes prior to kickoff. Good luck seeing the field.

Regardless, pretty disappointing turnout for home opener. I think our fan base (even season ticket holders) still has the mentality of circling 3-4 dates on the calendar and not paying attention to the others. Sad, but it is getting better.

Bison"FANatic"
09-02-2013, 12:38 AM

The key is on sale to bison fans. They allowed Rabbit season ticket holders to buy extra if they wanted before tickets went on sale to the general public.

SDSUAlum08
09-02-2013, 03:48 AM
I think a lot of it had to do with the weather forecast. All week it said it was supposed to thunderstorm right at the beginning of the game and it didn't end up doing anything until after. SDSU relies on a large walkup crowd. Add in a shitty team and Labor Day weekend too and it looks bad. Still a terrible turnout. I figured it'd be 12-13000 ppl.

Tatanka
09-02-2013, 03:53 AM
I think a lot of it had to do with the weather forecast. All week it said it was supposed to thunderstorm right at the beginning of the game and it didn't end up doing anything until after. SDSU relies on a large walkup crowd. Add in a shitty team and Labor Day weekend too and it looks bad. Still a terrible turnout. I figured it'd be 12-13000 ppl.

if sdsu is a top 10 team they deserve better crowds.

they'll get one on the 28th.

MNLonghorn10
09-02-2013, 04:05 AM
Our stadium has about 10,000 seats. There are still plenty of tickets available for the NDSU game, but no tickets that will get you a seat. In fact, you will likely be able to buy a ticket at the box office 5 minutes prior to kickoff. Good luck seeing the field.

Regardless, pretty disappointing turnout for home opener. I think our fan base (even season ticket holders) still has the mentality of circling 3-4 dates on the calendar and not paying attention to the others. Sad, but it is getting better.
Thats a lot of words for "our fan base fucking sucks"

NDSU will churn out more for Ferris St & Deleware St games than you will for all of your games not including NDSU/UNI. Seriously that has to suck. No. it's not getting better. Hell, I bet the Ferris States attendance will be close to being enough alone.

HerdBot
09-02-2013, 04:11 AM

so the visitor bleachers hold 2500 and the other side which is wider and ten times taller only holds 7500? Everywhere I read says 15,000 capacity with virtually unlimited with standing room /ga

wow
09-02-2013, 03:27 PM
so the visitor bleachers hold 2500 and the other side which is wider and ten times taller only holds 7500? Everywhere I read says 15,000 capacity with virtually unlimited with standing room /ga

Our athletic director told the SDBOR 10,000 when discussing our stadium expansion. Wikipedia says 16,000. Do you honestly think the stadium seats 15,000?

Tatanka
09-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Our athletic director told the SDBOR 10,000 when discussing our stadium expansion. Wikipedia says 16,000. Do you honestly think the stadium seats 15,000?

don't know. Haven't seen that many there ever, except ndsu hames, and ndsu fans weren't sitting.

BisonNation11
09-02-2013, 04:41 PM

Expansion? You can't fill what you have... Renovation would be a better word.

wow
09-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Expansion? You can't fill what you have... Renovation would be a better word.

Actually, expansion was a bad word, although seating capacity will just about double. It is pretty much a new stadium, just built in phases. East side, West Side, South Endzone, so I guess maybe it is a renovation.

The existing stadium has ~10,000 seats. It has been "filled" for all but 4 home games in the last 4 years. Of the four, it is pathetic that 2 of those 4 times were for a home opener and a playoff game. One of the 4 was against UND.

Make jokes if you want, but in 10 years SDSU will have better facilities than most of FCS.

Tatanka
09-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Actually, expansion was a bad word, although seating capacity will just about double. It is pretty much a new stadium, just built in phases. East side, West Side, South Endzone, so I guess maybe it is a renovation.

The existing stadium has ~10,000 seats. It has been "filled" for all but 4 home games in the last 4 years. Of the four, it is pathetic that 2 of those 4 times were for a home opener and a playoff game. One of the 4 was against UND.

Make jokes if you want, but in 10 years SDSU will have better facilities than most of FCS.I actually believe this.

SDbison
09-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Jacks need to get their lame ass alumni in Sioux Falls to go to games in higher percentage. Heck, its only a 45 minute drive to Brookings. I know more about SDSU football than 99% of the SDSU grads in Sioux Falls. Most of them don't know SDSU's current ranking or when the dates are for home games. Inexcusable! I actually feel sorry for SDSU athletes......no respect in Sioux Falls.

leeshajo
09-03-2013, 12:45 PM
I personally think there were other factors hurting SDSU this weekend.. Lifelight (free christian rock concert in Sioux Falls, draws about 300,000 for the weekend) and state fair in Huron, not to mention Ribfest in Yankton (which is a free rock concert all day as well)

I was disappointed in the crowd, but not surprised. I was more upset with the students leaving at half-time... these guys have been out there in two-a-days working their asses off to build a great team, the least they could do is stay the whole game, not pull a USD and leave at half-time.

Tatanka
09-03-2013, 05:17 PM
I was disappointed in the crowd, but not surprised. I was more upset with the students leaving at half-time... these guys have been out there in two-a-days working their asses off to build a great team, the least they could do is stay the whole game, not pull a USD and leave at half-time.

in sleeveless flannels, even.

Bison Dan
09-03-2013, 06:18 PM
I personally think there were other factors hurting SDSU this weekend.. Lifelight (free christian rock concert in Sioux Falls, draws about 300,000 for the weekend) and state fair in Huron, not to mention Ribfest in Yankton (which is a free rock concert all day as well)

I was disappointed in the crowd, but not surprised. I was more upset with the students leaving at half-time... these guys have been out there in two-a-days working their asses off to build a great team, the least they could do is stay the whole game, not pull a USD and leave at half-time.Just take care of business on Saturday and have the who students leave at half....

CAS4127
09-03-2013, 11:48 PM
Just take care of business on Saturday and have the who students leave at half....

What time does that game start and is it actually on desperate TV channel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Hammersmith
09-04-2013, 01:17 AM
What time does that game start and is it actually on desperate TV channel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)
I agree that putting UN_ on the air is desperate for any channel.

;)

But the game will be on Fox College Sports Pacific(FCS-P) and Midco Sports Net. 6pm.

Tatanka
09-04-2013, 01:17 AM
Just take care of business on Saturday and have the who students leave at half....Would you honestly be able to tell the difference?