PDA

View Full Version : So...how was it being at the game?

CaBisonFan
08-31-2013, 10:25 PM
What was the atmosphere like? The Bison fans sounded really loud when we made a big play.

Not necessarily interested in tailgating experiences on this thread.

I'm more curious about the 'in the stadium' experience.

Damn...wish I could have been there. It was incredible on tv.

laketrout24
08-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Very impressed with the KState fans. Very knowledgeable and respectful of our team. After the game, numerous people congratulating us and coming away impressed with the NDSU PROGRAM. I sat in row 1 at the 48 yard line on the KState sideline. As mentioned earlier by KState fans it was not easy to see everything since we were so low. However, I never sat down for a single play and it wasn't too bad. The stadium is beautiful with a big time college atmosphere. And the entire town was purple the day of and after the game. Best atmosphere I have ever watched a game. Puts the GOPHERS to shame.

PattyBison
08-31-2013, 10:44 PM
What was the atmosphere like? The Bison fans sounded really loud when we made a big play.

It was really hot. I think the heat subdued a lot of the crowd. K State fans were great. Very friendly and complimentary. We were on the 4th level and I would say the ambiance was nothing special. But you couldn't see the students or the band from that level. From what I hear, the lower level was more rocking.

Excellent time but wish it was a lot cooler.

CaBisonFan
08-31-2013, 10:49 PM
It was really hot. I think the heat subdued a lot of the crowd. K State fans were great. Very friendly and complimentary. We were on the 4th level and I would say the ambiance was nothing special. But you couldn't see the students or the band from that level. From what I hear, the lower level was more rocking.

Excellent time but wish it was a lot cooler.

I've sat in the nosebleed section at a major bowl game...and I wasn't impressed with the loudness of the fans or the bands. But then I snuck down to the main level and it changed my whole attitude. I imagine you're right about the heat affecting everything. Thanks

westnodak93bison
08-31-2013, 10:54 PM
The heat and humidity was ridiculous and definitely took some enthusiasm out of their crowd IMHO. They sold out of bottled water in the third quarter. Their crowd was not loud and not into it. Nothing close to a ramped up "spirited" Fargodome. :beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

CaBisonFan
08-31-2013, 10:55 PM
Very impressed with the KState fans. Very knowledgeable and respectful of our team. After the game, numerous people congratulating us and coming away impressed with the NDSU PROGRAM. I sat in row 1 at the 48 yard line on the KState sideline. As mentioned earlier by KState fans it was not easy to see everything since we were so low. However, I never sat down for a single play and it wasn't too bad. The stadium is beautiful with a big time college atmosphere. And the entire town was purple the day of and after the game. Best atmosphere I have ever watched a game. Puts the GOPHERS to shame.

Sounds like the fan attitude toward NDSU was a little more respectful than some Gophers fans too.

PattyBison
08-31-2013, 11:11 PM
Sounds like the fan attitude toward NDSU was a little more respectful than some Gophers fans too.

Agreed. Attitude was much better than the Goofs. We were stopped often on the way up to the stadium, back to the hotel and even in the stadium. People were really nice, even the event staff was congratulating us.

SamsRams
08-31-2013, 11:49 PM
I had a great time. We were in section 2 and basically surrounded by KState fans. "This is Big 12 football" "this isnt JV anymore" "long ride home" were consistent from KSU fans after big plays by them. But they got real quite after it hit 21-7. Seems like the heat and the excitement from the first half wore them out to thinking the game was over.
Tell a KState fan you were gonna win before the game and 95% laughed at you, tell them that you would love to be in the big 12 and they literally wanted to fight or punch something. Dont get why that would upset them but it did. That and most KState fans were appalled at the suggestion that I thought NDSU deserved some top 25 votes.

Funniest part of the trip is the KState student who came up to our table and offered to buy us a round for a NDSU hat. We did it but that wasnt enough. He literally took 60 out of his wallet and said 60 for one of your tshirts. No one could be convinced to walk home shirtless so he was not very happy, but at least he got a hat

56BISON73
08-31-2013, 11:56 PM

Atmosphere was GREAT!!!!!! Was impressed with the fans at the game!!!!!!

No_Skill
09-01-2013, 12:07 AM
Not nearly as loud as the fargodome...I was in the lower bowl in the corner.

IndyBison
09-01-2013, 01:41 AM

I've been to games at Ohio State and Michigan. Imagine that times 2 (over 100k fans at each). Sounds like K State does it well though! College towns on game day are great all over the country.

No_Skill
09-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Did anyone ever figure out what hell "emaw" is?

Bison 4 Life
09-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Did anyone ever figure out what hell "emaw" is?

Every Man A Wildcat.

Weird that even the women were saying it.

Hammerhead
09-01-2013, 05:00 PM
I thought EMAW stood for Ever meet a woman?

jeffaller
09-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Opening the flood gates at halftime to run out to the tailgate lots was awesome. No halftime hangover. Really wish this would happen in Fargo.

MNLonghorn10
09-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Lakes sat by us. He had security talkin to him & a kstate fan a few rows behind midway through the first...i dont think it meant anything because the kstate fan didnt seem annoyed or whatever by lakes.

the fat 50 year old kstate fan across the aisle and his loser son on the other hand didn't like lakes's shit so they got cocky when the game was still tied and really cocky when Kstate went up 2 td's. other than that...game kicked ass, manhattan was nice, very nice looking campus, arrived at the tailgate a few hours late and went right to where the KS students were with PL, lurker & company had set up camp. Students were great. Not much pre game shit talk. fun conversations were had when I told them I was a Longhorn fan but NDSU keeps my sanity straight.

Tatanka
09-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Atmosphere was fantastic. NDSU student section should aspire to be KSUs student section. Very impressive. Classy KSU fans everywhere before during after the game. Complete opposite of their downstream counterparts in Lawrence... Theme intentional. Band was top notch. Crowd was loud but not as loud as the dome. Overall outstanding.

Soooo many comments about how well ndsu fans travel. They were blown away by all the yellow around town and in the stands. Also told many times that nobody has ever come in and tailgated like ndsu including Nebraska. All the custom rigs blew them away.

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

NDSUstudent
09-02-2013, 12:06 AM
99.99% of the KSU fans were great...only issue was some students yelling at us about being Canadian after the game and some other stupid stuff. I just laughed it off. We strolled through the lots where the students were before the game though and everyone was pretty classy. We had lunch in Aggieville and again met a lot of classy KSU fans. Manhattan is really a pretty cool college town.

As we made our way back from the game people in Topeka, KC, Omaha and Sioux City were all congratulating us on the win. It was pretty cool, the Nebraska fans especially seemed to enjoy the result of the game.

cdwunderlich
09-02-2013, 12:19 AM
A group of guys we tailgated with we convinced that us winning, had just ruined their whole season. Great student section! NDSU needs to do some kind of stadium cheer like KSU did!

BTW did get called "disrespectful" for sporting the horns and shouting Bison during the national anthem!

Bisonguy
09-02-2013, 12:31 AM
A group of guys we tailgated with we convinced that us winning, had just ruined their whole season. Great student section! NDSU needs to do some kind of stadium cheer like KSU did!

BTW did get called "disrespectful" for sporting the horns and shouting Bison during the national anthem!

They're having a "Cheer School" soon (9/4?), so hopefully the students can get us there.

Need to get a student organization that will lead out the cheers ( more than just the yell leaders)

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

PattyBison
09-02-2013, 01:25 AM

Yeah, well, you should have inquired about the K State modified U.S. flag.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-02-2013, 02:07 AM

Very hot and awesome. K State has the best and most classy fans in the country.

Great time. Did I mention is was hot?

Civil06
09-02-2013, 02:11 AM

All of this! The fans were awesome and very welcoming. I was walking around the stadium in the middle of the afternoon when the band was going in to practice and a bunch of band members made an effort to say hi and welcome us to K State. They thought it was cool that Fox Sports 1 was interviewing us about how we pronounce Bison.

Go Bison!! Awesome weekend.

Tatanka
09-02-2013, 02:11 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-02-2013, 02:14 AM

I always love that one.

After this weekend, I believe them.

A1pigskin
09-02-2013, 02:37 AM
I laughed through the entire video.

CaBisonFan
09-02-2013, 02:42 AM
I always love that one.

After this weekend, I believe them.

The sad part, is that they probably paid someone to make the vid.

Kermit
09-02-2013, 03:04 AM

Some things never get old.

KSBisonFan
09-02-2013, 03:20 AM
Here's a summary of how hot it was in Manhattan:

Arrived at tailgate lot before noon, drank countless beers, even more countless waters and the first time I pi$$ed was after the game was over and I'd drank 3 more waters in the tailgate lot waiting for traffic to clear. That is all.

No_Skill
09-02-2013, 03:43 AM
Here's a summary of how hot it was in Manhattan:

Arrived at tailgate lot before noon, drank countless beers, even more countless waters and the first time I pi$$ed was after the game was over and I'd drank 3 more waters in the tailgate lot waiting for traffic to clear. That is all.

I'm still drinking a ton of water...

BadlandsBison
09-02-2013, 03:46 AM
I'm still drinking a ton of water...

I feel like I haven't been hydrated since 'Nam. Bet I had two waters for every beer and I was struggling

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

MNLonghorn10
09-02-2013, 04:17 AM
we walked a mile or so to the stadium from our hotel on anderson.

GF barely made it. I drank like champion.(jk a whopping 3 beers). I dont think i saw a single drunk person...in the lots or in the stadium.

SDbison
09-02-2013, 05:40 AM
99.99% of the KSU fans were great...only issue was some students yelling at us about being Canadian after the game and some other stupid stuff. I just laughed it off. We strolled through the lots where the students were before the game though and everyone was pretty classy. We had lunch in Aggieville and again met a lot of classy KSU fans. Manhattan is really a pretty cool college town.

As we made our way back from the game people in Topeka, KC, Omaha and Sioux City were all congratulating us on the win. It was pretty cool, the Nebraska fans especially seemed to enjoy the result of the game. Was that the same kid paralleling us on the walk back after the game. He was on the other side of a fence and the shit talk got worse as he got closer to the k-state tailgate area. What a loser!

BadlandsBison
09-02-2013, 06:21 AM
How about the game within the game. I'm talking the remarkable struggle of the male cheerleaders who ran the flags out when they scored. That was some much needed comic relief for the Bison fans, I don't think they ever got it right.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

thundarsdaddy
09-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Agreed. Attitude was much better than the Goofs. We were stopped often on the way up to the stadium, back to the hotel and even in the stadium. People were really nice, even the event staff was congratulating us.

Exactly as Patty said it, everyone was nice and 100% sportsmanlike! Also, we stayed in a motel in Sioux Falls thursday night, the gal at the desk told us to root on the Bison, as Danny Luecke was her first cousin!!! THAT was cool!!

thundarsdaddy
09-02-2013, 06:51 AM
Also, hats off to KSU for letting NDSU utilize the Stout Center as a base for operations! This whole event, and the game was fantastic...then add the win!!!

grizlandbisonfan
09-02-2013, 12:04 PM
How about the game within the game. I'm talking the remarkable struggle of the male cheerleaders who ran the flags out when they scored. That was some much needed comic relief for the Bison fans, I don't think they ever got it right.

This. Did you see late in the game when the dude carrying the hyphen had to go see the trainers? I hate to see a guy get injured so early in the season.

gumby013
09-02-2013, 01:02 PM
This. Did you see late in the game when the dude carrying the hyphen had to go see the trainers? I hate to see a guy get injured so early in the season.

Last one to make the team carries the hyphen. Of course he was the least conditioned one.

Tatanka
09-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Last one to make the team carries the hyphen. Of course he was the least conditioned one.

wonder if UN_ has the same policy...

Sent from somewhere using my Win8 phone or something.

IBleedYellow
09-02-2013, 06:07 PM
When it came to loud noise I wasn't that impressed with their students. Maybe it was because I was stuck in the corner, but all they ever seemed to do was shake their arms at us. They also talked mad shit before and after the game. Obnoxious students are never fun.

The REST of the K State fans were great, had lots of fun conversations talking with them. Pretty sure the best part was all of their fans faces after the 28 second mark in the 4th quarter, though.

Typical K State not being able to spell, though.

Tatanka
09-02-2013, 06:09 PM
When it came to loud noise I wasn't that impressed with their students. Maybe it was because I was stuck in the corner, but all they ever seemed to do was shake their arms at us. They also talked mad shit before and after the game. Obnoxious students are never fun.

The REST of the K State fans were great, had lots of fun conversations talking with them. Pretty sure the best part was all of their fans faces after the 28 second mark in the 4th quarter, though.

Typical K State not being able to spell, though.I sat right across from the student section. they were a treat to watch. And they were plenty loud.

IBleedYellow
09-02-2013, 06:10 PM
I sat right across from the student section. they were a treat to watch. And they were plenty loud.

I figured it was because we were in the corner.

Also: Can you stop being on National TV everytime? :D

Tatanka
09-02-2013, 06:15 PM
I figured it was because we were in the corner.

Also: Can you stop being on National TV everytime? :D:D OK. I'll try.

Bison 4 Life
09-02-2013, 06:21 PM
We were waaaay up in the Northeast corner and there were some shit talkers behind us. My friend just kept wondering why the superfans all had such bad seats.

KC Bison
09-02-2013, 08:46 PM
We were 30 rows up in the middle of the end zone and I thought they were plenty loud when we had the ball. If you had asked me before the game I would have said that they were the most friendly fans I had ever met. The friendliness cooled down after their lead began to fade. There were a few fans tell me that we played really well after the game but it was a pretty small minority by that time. Since yesterday, they are turning out to be no better than the KU fans with excuses. They all told me before the game that they thought we had a really great team and then after the game, it was an insult that they lost to a "DII" team.

NDSU
09-02-2013, 08:53 PM
The atmosphere was great! The fans were awesome outside of the game, there were 8 of us in row 1/2 in section 4 during the game and they were a bunch of whiners. Talking all kinds of nasty trash before and during the game until the tides started to change. Then they went and complained how they couldn't see the game from their $9,000 seats with us standing waiving our thunder towels in front of them. Was threatened to be pushed over the rail or punched in the back of the head multiple times. Did my best ignoring them and enjoying the W! Loved all the Nebraska fans on the way home!

HandoEX
09-02-2013, 09:01 PM
We sat in the section right next to the students. They were fairly loud, but I don't think the excitement level was there for them. I bet it's much louder when they host a conference rival. It was incredibly hot and I had to drink Gatorade after Gatorade at the game. Just miserable if you're used to Fargo's weather. The stadium itself was really nice. Love the changes they made, even though I had only seen it on TV before Friday.

There was a super drunk KSU fan in his mid-40's two rows behind us. He went ballistic on the student section about not being loud enough. It was pretty awesome. He heckled the players non-stop, but the only ones he heckled were Keller, LeCompte, and Albers. Thought that was weird. He invited us out for beers at his tailgate at halftime and never came back. Too bad. lol

westnodak93bison
09-03-2013, 04:08 AM
Also, hats off to KSU for letting NDSU utilize the Stout Center as a base for operations! This whole event, and the game was fantastic...then add the win!!!

Yeah but they could have had some goats, sheep, horses or cattle grazing the tailgating area a couple weeks prior to supplement their lame mowing job. Nothing like walking around a tailgate area and stumbling around in a windrow of grass.

Regarding the heat, I told more than one K-State fan that I was more concerned with our fans staying hydrated than our players. They thought I was joking. I quickly reminded the that ND is #1 in per capita beet consumption.

TransAmBison
09-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Yeah but they could have had some goats, sheep, horses or cattle grazing the tailgating area a couple weeks prior to supplement their lame mowing job. Nothing like walking around a tailgate area and stumbling around in a windrow of grass.

Regarding the heat, I told more than one K-State fan that I was more concerned with our fans staying hydrated than our players. They thought I was joking. I quickly reminded the that ND is #1 in per capita beet consumption.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2Yeah, make sure they know that! :rofl: :rofl:

westnodak93bison
09-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Yeah, make sure they know that! :rofl: :rofl:

Hell we are probably #1 in that as well:D

BUZZ BYEWSKI
09-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Absoulutely top notch fans, and a top notch facility, we had several fans come up and welcome us to the stadium and told us they were glad we were there. Coach Snyder runs a great program, you can tell by the pregame interviews and post game interviews that they are well schooled. Great win for the Bison, and alot of class by the K-State players and fans.

CAS4127
09-03-2013, 09:33 PM
I'll add my .02. All in all, a great experience and the best college football atmosphere I have every been a part of. You could tell in the air that this was WAY bigger than Minnesota in terms of KSU fanbase, etc. They give a shit down in Manhatton and you could feel it in the air. The tailgate weather was like being in a furnace, but once your body adjusted, it wasn't that bad, although it was definitely 100 degrees of better for 4-5 hours. Like others, I did not have to "eliminate" fluids very often at all. Being in the stadium was awesome, and hot as hell of course but, again, the atmosphere was great. I had one young KSU fan heckling me and saying we were D2, until I asked him in a not so polite manner if he was the waterboy for his HS 8-man team. He shut up pretty quickly and the game was "uneventful" after that. Most of the KSU fans around me were in disbelief as we scored that last 17 points of the game. One said to me, "It did not seem like you guys even scored enough to win but there it is" in reference to our methodical offense. I told him, "Welcome to NDSU football"!! I even met Bookie the night before the game and while having lunch in Aggieville on Friday (neither by arrangement or choice btw), and he wasn't THAT bad.

Biggist win in best environment in NDSU football history IMO!! Looking forward to rest of season.