PDA

View Full Version : it's official

drewaely
11-02-2006, 08:19 PM
The path to the gateway is wide open... Western Kentucky board of regents just voted 7-2-1 in favor of pursuing their D1A dreams.... 2008 here we come!!!! :)

BisonBacker
11-02-2006, 08:33 PM
How long do you think it will be before they make the invite? I say before the end of the year.

Bisonguy
11-02-2006, 08:40 PM
How long do you think it will be before they make the invite? *I say before the end of the year.

I say February.

Junior
11-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah, that would make sense. Isn't Feb when the coaches, ADs etc. have their meetings and such?

Trimmy
11-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah Baby!!

BisonBacker
11-02-2006, 08:52 PM
I say before the end of the year to head off any attempt by the Mid-Con to broker some kind of last minute deal to attempt to keep the XDSU's in the mix for the Mid-Con/GWFC deal.

Bisonguy
11-02-2006, 09:05 PM
Yeah, that would make sense. *Isn't Feb when the coaches, ADs etc. have their meetings and such?

Patty V. said the Gateway could have a full meeting, with a decision coming as early as February, so that's what I'm going with. :)

drewaely
11-02-2006, 09:10 PM
I don't think that Douple and the Mid-Con will stand in our way. I don't think that they care as much about the GWFC as we think that they do. After all the XDSU's are the only two schools in the mid-con who are in that conference. They won't stand in our way.

SUPERBUNNY
11-02-2006, 09:13 PM
In an article we saw down here she made the comment that they wanted to act very quickly on this and not necessarily wait until the next meeting. I tried to find the article but couldn't. Actually, that is why I logged in to the Bison Board!

Either way, it's great news for both of our schools!

Could be a big game in a couple of weeks! Just once it would be fun to get you guys up there! My biggest hope is that both of our teams get there without a hiccup!

SUPERBUNNY

roadwarrior
11-02-2006, 09:25 PM
I am guessing and hoping that the Gateway extends an invitation BEFORE their next official meeting date. Its pretty simple to set up a conference call and take a yes or no vote. The Mid-Con did the very same thing in August without having an official meeting date set.

Bisonguy
11-02-2006, 09:58 PM
I believe Patty stated the next 'real' Gateway meeting is not until April.

BisonBacker
11-02-2006, 10:00 PM
They took all of 3 days if memory serves me right to take in WKU.

Bison_Dan
11-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Gene said at Team Makers that Feb 07 is likely. ;D

Paulie
11-02-2006, 10:37 PM
I don't think that Douple and the Mid-Con will stand in our way. *I don't think that they care as much about the GWFC as we think that they do. *After all the XDSU's are the only two schools in the mid-con who are in that conference. *They won't stand in our way. *

You might want to let Southern Utah in on that then.

drewaely
11-02-2006, 10:41 PM
I don't think that Douple and the Mid-Con will stand in our way. I don't think that they care as much about the GWFC as we think that they do. After all the XDSU's are the only two schools in the mid-con who are in that conference. They won't stand in our way.

You might want to let Southern Utah in on that then.

my bad... I forgot about SUU.... Either way, Douple will do what's in the best interest of the Mid-Con and that is not to try to establish a football conference. He has WAY too many mid-con issues to worry about that.

DIBISON
11-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Great news for both NDSU & SDSU!!

I hope the Gateway invite is before the end of the year, as the sooner the better because of the Great West pressure.

Bisonguy
11-03-2006, 12:18 AM
I believe Patty stated the next 'real' Gateway meeting is not until April.

Whoops, looks like I was incorrect. :-[ The next Gateway meeting is schedule for June. -

Viverito said she hasn't received a packet from either school. Beyond that, there isn't a timeline for action, and the next Gateway presidents meeting is scheduled for June.

Source: Argus Leader (http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061026/SPORTS0202/610260342/1002/SPORTS)

I'm sticking with February for an official announcement. Nice B-Day present for me. :)

TheBisonator
11-03-2006, 12:31 AM
The GWFC won't pressure us into staying. Our last GWFC season will be next year. Gateway in 08.

broke_back_mnt
11-03-2006, 12:46 AM
Dont lie to me
Tell me everything is all right!

Jonny Lang * *

8-)

imabison
11-03-2006, 01:39 AM

I think that with the xnd's moving, and going to be invited to the Great West some of the pressure is lightened on Tom Douple.

NDSUstudent
11-03-2006, 02:11 AM
It appears WKU is going I-A next year so even though we wouldn't join the Gateway until 2008 I'm sure we'll have a chance to pick up some games against Gateway teams, hopefully Gene can get one of them to come to Fargo a year early.

sambini
11-03-2006, 09:16 AM
DO YOU KNOW THE WAY TO THE GATEWAY+++++

RedRiver
11-03-2006, 01:19 PM
It appears WKU is going I-A next year so even though we wouldn't join the Gateway until 2008 I'm sure we'll have a chance to pick up some games against Gateway teams, hopefully Gene can get one of them to come to Fargo a year early.

That might be a very good possibility now.

sway1331
11-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Think the Gateway will send some representatives to Fargo in mid-November to check out the football game and atmosphere when we take on SDSU?

Ivy
11-04-2006, 02:56 AM
Think the Gateway will send some representatives to Fargo in mid-November to check out the football game and atmosphere when we take on SDSU?

This would be a great idea. Make it happen NDSU!

Hammersmith
11-04-2006, 03:12 AM
Very possible, but I doubt it. Remember, we've already had a Gateway site visit of a sort. Both the president and athletic director from Gateway member Western Illinois visited the campus as part of the Mid-Con evaluation/invitation. If the other Gateway members want personal observations, they can talk to those two. That's the main reason I think the presidents are just going to vote during a conference call right after the last Gateway member is eliminated from(or wins) the playoffs.

sambini
11-04-2006, 04:04 AM
I just think this is great. What do you think Lonely Griz?