PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
08-31-2013, 05:09 PM
Anybody hurt that you have heard of? Champion, jirik, beck? Beck took a hard hit when he tried jumping towards the qb looked like a wrist?

A1pigskin
08-31-2013, 05:13 PM
I am not aware of any but I am concerned about Beck. When he was flying through the air he landed directly on his shoulder. Not sure if it was the bad one or not. If anyone has the video of him leaping through the air please post it.

GOBISON123
08-31-2013, 05:41 PM
I am not aware of any but I am concerned about Beck. When he was flying through the air he landed directly on his shoulder. Not sure if it was the bad one or not. If anyone has the video of him leaping through the air please post it.

That was f(*)* awesome, he was flying in the air like a Fu()*)*) Ninja.

He is injured, popped his shoulder out again on that play.

1998braves64
08-31-2013, 07:42 PM
Pretty sure it was his shoulder his arm kind of flopped when he tried to grab the QB.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

A1pigskin
08-31-2013, 08:17 PM
He didn't give up.

GOBISON123
08-31-2013, 08:24 PM
He didn't give up.

He played his heart out.

BisonTru
09-01-2013, 01:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi2A5apBHC8

BisonTru
09-01-2013, 01:48 AM
Sorry not the best video.

What's great to see is his effort after the injury trying to at least a swat at the ball.

1998braves64
09-01-2013, 03:07 AM
It was the superman flight that distracted Waters just enough that he had to move in the pocket allowing more time for other D players to get there by the time waters had a chance to get comfortable to try to set up to pass he had 2-3 Bison players in his face, setting up a huge sack to push them even farther out of field goal range if they were in it before that?

BisonTru
09-01-2013, 03:48 AM
It was the superman flight that distracted Waters just enough that he had to move in the pocket allowing more time for other D players to get there by the time waters had a chance to get comfortable to try to set up to pass he had 2-3 Bison players in his face, setting up a huge sack to push them even farther out of field goal range if they were in it before that?

Yes that was the play.

GOBISON123
09-01-2013, 04:21 AM
Yes that was the play.

Becks and the rest of the team lead by example. The bar is pretty high for the freshmen

CaBisonFan
09-01-2013, 04:24 AM
Becks and the rest of the team lead by example. The bar is pretty high for the freshmen

How strong do the 2 youngest classes look? Do we have guys that are ready to step in?

GOBISON123
09-01-2013, 04:37 AM
How strong do the 2 youngest classes look? Do we have guys that are ready to step in?

If our 2014 team lines up against Ferris Bull Dogs and Delaware State we will have a good idea.

bruinbison
09-02-2013, 06:52 PM
In watching the Craig Bohl Show, the Coach talks of Travis Beck and the play he was hurt on, and
at the end of discussing that play he said this "he'll be back this week but he's got a tough shoulder to work on....."
Those last couple of words were a little mumbly, but the jist of it all sounded promising.
I was worried Beck might miss significant time.

Hammersmith
09-03-2013, 02:26 AM
Champion out 2-4 weeks with an MCL strain. Kolpack mentions it at the end of his story about Bohl and the media. Currently on the GFH website and should be in tomorrow's Forum.

GOBISON123
09-03-2013, 04:43 AM
Champion out 2-4 weeks with an MCL strain. Kolpack mentions it at the end of his story about Bohl and the media. Currently on the GFH website and should be in tomorrow's Forum.

I dont think this is the end of the road for Jordan Champion. Other than CJ and Marcus Williams we dont have dept in the CB area.

KilldeerBison
09-23-2013, 04:45 PM
Injury updates from DSU game? How about Cole Jirik, I saw him back on the side line in the second half.

coloradobison
09-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Apparently no change to the depth chart - so Jirik and Esley expected to play.

tjbison
09-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Apparently no change to the depth chart - so Jirik and Esley expected to play.

I'm assuming being it was DSU and 41-0 in the second they pulled them because they didn't need them

GOBISON123
09-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Billy Turner broken hand. Apparently he did not know this and played 3 games with a broken hand.

aces1180
09-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Billy Turner broken hand.

Source? He's still listed as the starter on the depth chart. Also, he can play with a cast if needed.

devin45k
09-23-2013, 07:31 PM
Source? He's still listed as the starter on the depth chart. Also, he can play with a cast if needed.

I saw something on twitter about it but I don't have a legit source

GOBISON123
09-23-2013, 07:32 PM

I heard this from my buddy.

steelbison
09-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Billy Turner broken hand. Apparently he did not know this and played 3 games with a broken hand.

This is true..he does have a break in his hand. He will be playing on saturday!

don't know about the 3-games? from what I heard it bothered him the past week.

I don't have a link but I do know it for a fact.

tjbison
09-23-2013, 07:35 PM
gonna tAke more than a hand to keep Billy out

BisonNeil
09-23-2013, 07:37 PM

He was the first lineman out of the game against DSU and he had ice on it on the sideline. This is probably true.

CAS4127
09-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Turner tweeted about hour ago, saying: "Well this day went to shit fast". :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

aces1180
09-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Well that sucks...Glad he'll be able to play. Shit, he blocked two guys with two hands at KSU...I expect him to be able to block one guy with 1.5 hands. ;)

CaBisonFan
09-26-2013, 02:06 AM
Does anyone know the story on Cole Jirik? Seems like he hasn't been his usual dominant self this fall.

HerdBot
09-26-2013, 04:10 AM
Does anyone know the story on Cole Jirik? Seems like he hasn't been his usual dominant self this fall.

K state he went against an amazing LT. Ferris was option. Last game he got hurt but played well

westnodak93bison
09-26-2013, 12:31 PM
K state he went against an amazing LT. Ferris was option. Last game he got hurt but played well

RT not LT

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

moosbah
09-26-2013, 02:16 PM

He only needs one to bitch slap the bunnies.

gumby013
09-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Hopefully he can still do the double pass block.

http://purecfr.com/wp-content/uploads/Doubleturner.gif

GOBISON123
09-28-2013, 06:57 PM
I could be wrong but I thought I heard Ryan Drevlow is not playing this game ?

BismarckBisonFan
09-28-2013, 07:04 PM
He is not playing today with concussion issues.

DIBISON
09-28-2013, 07:04 PM
I could be wrong but I thought I heard Ryan Drevlow is not playing this game ?
Correct, he did not travel because of concussion symptoms.

GOBISON123
09-28-2013, 07:05 PM
He is not playing today with concussion issues.

Thank you BismarckBisonFan

A1pigskin
09-28-2013, 07:05 PM
Bison are deep in this position, Danny can play.

GOBISON123
09-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Lets Go Bison

A1pigskin
09-28-2013, 10:34 PM
Any injuries from today?

TAILG8R
09-29-2013, 12:12 AM
Any injuries from today?

Bohl said he was not aware of any injuries following the game.

KTF
09-29-2013, 01:45 AM
Billy Turner was limping a bit from halftime on. I don't think he even played the last series of or two of the game and was sitting on the bench. It was great to Wentz getting some snaps against SDSU.

BlueBisonRock
09-29-2013, 04:04 AM
I understand some pride was injured. But that was on the Bunny sideline.

stevdock
09-29-2013, 04:09 AM
Billy Turner was limping a bit from halftime on. I don't think he even played the last series of or two of the game and was sitting on the bench. It was great to Wentz getting some snaps against SDSU.

Correct on all accounts. He did not look healthy during the second half at all. The last series when Wentz went in, Plankers took over for Turner. Doubt it's anything serious though during UNI week. He'd probably have to be on his death bed or worse to miss this game.

17>1
09-29-2013, 04:41 AM
Someone next to me mentioned Drevlow left early with concussion symptoms. Don't remember seeing much of him in the second half.

BisonTeacher
09-29-2013, 04:48 AM
Someone next to me mentioned Drevlow left early with concussion symptoms. Don't remember seeing much of him in the second half.

IM pretty sure Drevlow never played. They said on the radio he was out due to concussion like symptoms before the game.

17>1
09-29-2013, 04:51 AM
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

IzzyFlexion
09-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Jirik aggrevated his shoulder injury in both the first and second half. But, he returned after a series or two each time.

A1pigskin
10-06-2013, 01:03 AM
Has anybody heard how Cole is doing?

KSBisonFan
10-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Any news on Plankers?

bisonfanette
10-06-2013, 01:14 PM
I saw him (Plankers) come into the Mexican Village on 45th... he was on crutches, & had a black brace (?) on, I believe it was right below the knee. He was a distance away from us.

TateMosersneighbor
10-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Well it's that time of the year where we'll have to suck it up and win a few games with some guys out/banged up. We do have that 2nd bye week coming up which will help big time. It sucks for UNI, Farley was their best guy on Dee in my opinion and a break like that is tough to come back from, period. Let's hope we see him in Cedar Falls next year...hate to see any kid go down like that.

We have Jirik, Turner, Bad Maama Jamma (Gimmestad), Beck, CJ Smith, Plankers...who else is dinged up?

A1pigskin
10-06-2013, 01:32 PM
There were several UNI players hobbling off the field. I thought I counted 6 of their players.

BisonNeil
10-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Plankers was in real pain on the bench with ice on his knee. I am guessing an ACL or MCL, but just a guess.

Jirik played after he came out. He was held by that tackle all day. It had to be frustrating.

BisonNation11
10-07-2013, 04:05 AM
Plankers was in real pain on the bench with ice on his knee. I am guessing an ACL or MCL, but just a guess.

Jirik played after he came out. He was held by that tackle all day. It had to be frustrating.

According to Valley News Live, Plankers "just" has a bruised/sprained MCL. Starting rehab immediately, no surgery needed.

56BISON73
10-07-2013, 04:38 AM
According to Valley News Live, Plankers "just" has a bruised/sprained MCL. Starting rehab immediately, no surgery needed.

Great news!

BadlandsBison
10-07-2013, 04:43 AM

Nice! Good luck to Plankers, hope he makes a speedy recovery. Wonder if Gimme can play next week

Professor Chaos
10-07-2013, 09:51 PM
At his presser Bohl said he expects the starting O-line to be back intact against Missouri St. He said that Plankers is doubtful.

BadlandsBison
10-07-2013, 10:56 PM
At his presser Bohl said he expects the starting O-line to be back intact against Missouri St. He said that Plankers is doubtful.

Did someone ask if Plankers needed surgery? I couldn't hear the questions very well

stevdock
10-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Did someone ask if Plankers needed surgery? I couldn't hear the questions very well

No surgery needed, just a sprain. That's coming from his mom and brother.

coloradobison
10-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Pretty sure he said he was staring rehab right away.

thebigund
10-08-2013, 12:40 AM

A sprained MCL will take him a bit of time to recover from. With the MCL you can go straight forward as fast and hard as you want but if you turn you're in a world of pain. I had a similar injury in highschool and didn't miss any time but as an o lineman he needs his lateral mobility more than any position. The bruise is a non factor, just pain, can't injure it worse but it will hurt like a bitch.

stevdock
10-08-2013, 12:59 AM
A sprained MCL will take him a bit of time to recover from. With the MCL you can go straight forward as fast and hard as you want but if you turn you're in a world of pain. I had a similar injury in highschool and didn't miss any time but as an o lineman he needs his lateral mobility more than any position. The bruise is a non factor, just pain, can't injure it worse but it will burt like a bitch.

Don't know how much this matters but I believe this was the exact same injury to the same knee that he had his junior year in HS.

JustinTyem
10-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Well,Yesturday was one of that hardest games the Bison have had in quite awhile. Not so much by the score or stats. But the Injuries are mounting up,quick............:(

A1pigskin
10-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Seems like we have a bunch of banged up players playing. Backups are really going to have step up.

BisonNeil
10-14-2013, 02:58 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I noticed all of the offensive lineman wearing knee braces in the Missouri State game. The lack of knee braces has been discussed quite a bit, but I wonder if the rash of meniscus tears among linemen, such as Gimmestad and Plankers, caused the change in philosophy on their use.

A1pigskin
10-28-2013, 11:45 PM
How bad is Ryan Smith's high ankle sprain? Do they take a long time to heal?

tjbison
10-28-2013, 11:46 PM
How bad is Ryan Smith's high ankle sprain? Do they take a long time to heal?

Not severe, but they won't know for sure till next week

Deluca is good to go for ISU-r

Professor Chaos
12-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Bohl is usually overly optimistic in his Monday presser about injuries but I think this is pretty good news no matter how you slice it.

https://twitter.com/pintoKFGO/status/412645219943723008

Bohl said he is confident Heagle will be ready to go on Friday. Heagle's shoulder popped out on Saturday.

imabison
12-16-2013, 06:57 PM
Bohl is usually overly optimistic in his Monday presser about injuries but I think this is pretty good news no matter how you slice it.

https://twitter.com/pintoKFGO/status/412645219943723008

Heard from a reliable source Mike Murphy injured a finger on his spin hand. Continued playing

BisonTeacher
12-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Heard from a reliable source Mike Murphy injured a finger on his spin hand. Continued playing

Any word about Beck and Jirik and Brock? Im not even sure why Brock went out on that play? Did he hit his head? it looked more like he landed on his shoulder though.

EC8CH
12-16-2013, 07:15 PM
Any word about Beck and Jirik and Brock? Im not even sure why Brock went out on that play? Did he hit his head? it looked more like he landed on his shoulder though.

Brock said at the post gamer press conference that he hit his head hard on that play, nothing wrong with his shoulder.

BisonEngrGirl
12-16-2013, 07:16 PM

Brock got his head banged, vision was blurry. But he was able to answer all questions on sideline, so no memory loss. They were going to administer concussion test on Sunday. But he felt ok after the game, and as we know he out himself back in right away after it happened.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

BisonEngrGirl
12-16-2013, 07:17 PM

With Jirik, it's his shoulders. I think he already wears braces. Haven't heard anything about keeping him out. He's a tough guy. I didn't know Beck was injured? I'm sure Heagle will get a shoulder brace for the next game. I doubt any of them will be out.

TateMosersneighbor
12-16-2013, 07:39 PM
With Jirik, it's his shoulders. I think he already wears braces. Haven't heard anything about keeping him out. He's a tough guy. I didn't know Beck was injured? I'm sure Heagle will get a shoulder brace for the next game. I doubt any of them will be out.

What specifically is happening to his/their shoulders? Are they separating or ?? Also, what might a brace do to limit them?

BisonTeacher
12-16-2013, 07:49 PM

I thought Beck was battling the shoulder thing all year too...thats all I meant.

Bison03
12-16-2013, 07:50 PM
This is why I love this team. Get hurt, play through pain. These guys would have to be not able to walk before you could convince them to not play. Hell, Grant Olson may come back and play with a torn ACL!! This is what Bison Pride is all about. Playing through adversity and pain in order to help the team accomplish their goals.

coloradobison
12-16-2013, 07:52 PM
What specifically is happening to his/their shoulders? Are they separating or ?? Also, what might a brace do to limit them?

When I separated my shoulder, a harness is work around the chest with a strap to a harness worn around the shoulder. This basically limited the distance my arm could move away from my chest in all directions. If you get hit on the shoulder again, it wouldn't do anything to really help that. What I've seen Jirik wear looks like what I wore as well, so assume its the same. He may be wearing something else underneath his pads to assist further, but it can't be seen.

BismarckBisonFan
12-16-2013, 07:57 PM
This is why I love this team. Get hurt, play through pain. These guys would have to be not able to walk before you could convince them to not play. Hell, Grant Olson may come back and play with a torn ACL!! This is what Bison Pride is all about. Playing through adversity and pain in order to help the team accomplish their goals.

If I were a betting man I would put money down that Grant Olson plays in Frisco. To what capacity who knows.

Thunder_Struck
12-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Beck has been battling shoulder injury since last year. All you have to do is watch him get up off the ground to see how bad it is. He'll roll over to his right side to have a good shoulder to help him get up.

Kermit
12-16-2013, 08:54 PM
When I separated my shoulder, a harness is work around the chest with a strap to a harness worn around the shoulder. This basically limited the distance my arm could move away from my chest in all directions. If you get hit on the shoulder again, it wouldn't do anything to really help that. What I've seen Jirik wear looks like what I wore as well, so assume its the same. He may be wearing something else underneath his pads to assist further, but it can't be seen.

Beck and Jirik have been battling recurrent shoulder dislocations. The term "shoulder dislocation" refers to the big joint where the upper arm (humerus) fits into the shoulder blade. A shoulder "separation" refers to the small joint where the clavicle (collar bone) attaches. I'm unclear what Heagle has.

BismarckBisonFan
12-16-2013, 09:01 PM
There's guys banged up no doubt. But I don't think anything is going to keep them from playing Friday night. Someone would have to lock them in a room off site to keep them from being on the field. Especially the three guys with shoulder injuries. They are tough son of a guns to say the least.

phxbison
01-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Can't believe Jirik. He's like the terminator. You think he's done for and he keeps coming !

A1pigskin
01-04-2014, 10:24 PM
What happened to Crocket limping off the field.

Hola
01-04-2014, 10:27 PM
What happened to Crocket limping off the field.

Don't know, but he was back after the timeout and carried the ball.

Bisonator98
01-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Saw at least 2 guys limping off, Crockett and Jirik, but I believe they both played after that.

NorthernBison
01-04-2014, 11:53 PM
I didn't see Crockett come back. Looked like an ankle sprain and quite painful from how he limped off.

I saw Beck grab at the back of his knee after pulling up on an incomplete pass late. I think he missed a play or two. Looked like a hammy at first but might have been a cramp.

bruinbison
01-07-2014, 03:07 AM
Jeff Kolpack‏@FGOSPORTSWRITER6h
Out for spring fb due to shoulder surgeries: OL Zack Johnson, LB Travis Beck, S Colten Heagle, CB C.J. Smith.
K Adam Keller (hip), out.

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
01-10-2014, 03:17 AM
I didn't see Crockett come back. Looked like an ankle sprain and quite painful from how he limped off.

I saw Beck grab at the back of his knee after pulling up on an incomplete pass late. I think he missed a play or two. Looked like a hammy at first but might have been a cramp.

Yep, Crockett was back after that.