PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Bison

LynchMob42
08-31-2013, 03:06 PM
Great win by your squad. They're clearly able to compete at a top 50 FBS level, this year. Like I said before, possibly the best FCS ever.

Experience won the night. K-State made some "new team" mistakes that NDSU didn't. The bad punt, the 66-yard run from the 2-yard line, the repeated 3rd and 10 or more being converted.

K-State's season isn't "over before it started" as stated in another thread. Our team lost to a good non- con team and no conference accomplishments or bowl appearance has been taken off the table.

Good luck, Bison.

BadlandsBison
08-31-2013, 03:28 PM
You can still do us a favor and win the Big12 :) Looks to me like the talent is there to do it, I was a little surprised by the overall athleticism. I guess that is what happens when someone watches 2 golden gopher games in 2 seasons

tjbison
08-31-2013, 03:29 PM
Great win by your squad. They're clearly able to compete at a top 50 FBS level, this year. Like I said before, possibly the best FCS ever.

Experience won the night. K-State made some "new team" mistakes that NDSU didn't. The bad punt, the 66-yard run from the 2-yard line, the repeated 3rd and 10 or more being converted.

K-State's season isn't "over before it started" as stated in another thread. Our team lost to a good non- con team and no conference accomplishments or bowl appearance has been taken off the table.

Good luck, Bison.

thanks but your "new team" quote

come on. I absolutely love how before the FBS games we will get crushed by the best team ever, after we win it was a down year, new players etc

jackstack99
08-31-2013, 03:29 PM
I don't think they are top 50, KSU was just that bad, missed 100s of tackles, they would be a solid FBS team, but they wouldn't be top 50, KSU is average at best this yr. Great win for the Bison, hope they get the opportunity to move up. Great team, but KSU was also just pretty horrible.

tjbison
08-31-2013, 03:30 PM
I don't think they are top 50, KSU was just that bad, missed 100s of tackles, they would be a solid FBS team, but they wouldn't be top 50, KSU is average at best this yr. Great win for the Bison, hope they get the opportunity to move up. Great team, but KSU was also just pretty horrible.

ha thanks for proving my point

jackstack99
08-31-2013, 03:31 PM
thanks but your "new team" quote

come on. I absolutely love how before the FBS games we will get crushed by the best team ever, after we win it was a down year, new payers etc
Well, it was already going to be a down year before it started, losing 10 starters on D makes that happen. I didn't expect us to be that awful.

tjbison
08-31-2013, 03:33 PM
Well, it was already going to be a down year before it started, losing 10 starters on D makes that happen. I didn't expect us to be that awful.

I fully understand you can't face the fact we had a better game and team, it's ok to admit things sometimes

all the bullshit your fans spewed before and now " its a down year"

jackstack99
08-31-2013, 03:37 PM
I fully understand you can't face the fact we had a better game and team, it's ok to admit things sometimes

all the bullshit your fans spewed before and now " its a down year"
Hahahaha you're a moron if you didn't think the defense was going to be bad, you're also a moron for thinking that losing 10 starters including the best LB the team has seen saying it's going to be a down year for at least the D isn't a legitimate excuse.

HerdBot
08-31-2013, 03:39 PM
Look at it this way. Last year we finished the season #35 in the Sagarin ratings. One guy gave us a vote in the BCS poll. Since we are returning damn near the entire team its not a stretch that were good enough to crack the bottom of the polls. So in reality you lost to a borderline top 25 team by 3.

Your Oline is amazing. Your dline is quick as a cat at times. Heads up. Win the Big 12

tjbison
08-31-2013, 03:44 PM
Hahahaha you're a moron if you didn't think the defense was going to be bad, you're also a moron for thinking that losing 10 starters including the best LB the team has seen saying it's going to be a down year for at least the D isn't a legitimate excuse.

but your 3 rd stringer are better than our starters.....at least that's what your jackass fans said

see ya asshole we kicked your ass, go home and hide in your basement

thebootfitter
08-31-2013, 03:44 PM
No, I think you missed the point. We were saying that all along. It was your fan base that said it wouldn't matter. That K-State would simply reload. That the talent and speed of Big XII players would be too much to handle. That there were many players with significant playing time that were returning, so we shouldn't expect to see that much of a drop off. I'm not inclined to call anyone a moron, but I think you have to look elsewhere to assign that label. Most of the fans here expected the dropped off and the lack of team leadership would give us a good shot at winning.

Bison56
08-31-2013, 03:47 PM
I don't comment much but I will here. All everyone heard was how the 2's and 3's were going to be playing the second half and how KSU was going to score 40+ on the Bison. Then when someone brought it up about how KSU lost a lot of starters from last year we got to hear how they dont rebuild they reload. I now only see excuses about it beng a down year and we lost players, but if that helps you sleep better so be it. At least be honest.

344Johnson
08-31-2013, 04:01 PM

Lol @ this guy. Typical FBS fan.

jackstack99
08-31-2013, 04:05 PM
Lol @ this guy. Typical FBS fan.
Some of you guys are just morons. Grats on the win to the fans that are logical and not douchebags. Way to make your point with an actual argument.

jackstack99
08-31-2013, 04:06 PM
Grats to the Bison tho, good team.

Hammerhead
08-31-2013, 04:08 PM
The "typical FBS fan" comment is based on prior years here at Bisonville. First it was the 2006 Gophers who were having their worst year ever when they only beat us by 1 point and NDSU pushed them around on both sides of the ball for most of the game. Then it was more of the same after we beat the goophers twice. Next verse, same as the first, after we dominated CSU. Now we hear more of the same from KSU...

CAS4127
08-31-2013, 04:11 PM
Some of you guys are just morons. Grats on the win to the fans that are logical and not douchebags. Way to make your point with an actual argument.

Oh, the Butthurt is strong with this one. Wasn't our last drive a thing of beauty. What of the "we will not be able to handle the KS, heat, we will be cramping blah, blah, blah. Only players I saw cramping and leaving field were yours, and who was gassed toward the end.
80 yards in 8+ minutes, bitch. Oh, nice use of your timeouts in 2nd half. /purple. LMFAO all the way to Fargo. Later post-game, butthurt Troll. Say goodbye to Bill for us to please, as you kissing HS statue Ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

jackstack99
08-31-2013, 04:13 PM
The "typical FBS fan" comment is based on prior years here at Bisonville. First it was the 2006 Gophers who were having their worst year ever when they only beat us by 1 point and NDSU pushed them around on both sides of the ball for most of the game. Then it was more of the same after we beat the goophers twice. Next verse, same as the first, after we dominated CSU. Now we hear more of the same from KSU...
Well it was pretty obvious that the D was going to be bad, OLine was a surprise and should have been better,
overall pretty much completely outplayed and outcoached besides QB and WR play. Middle was wide open every play for some reason. It kinda sucked to know that NDSU was going to score no matter what on the last drive, the D was that bad, but NDSU deserves credit for taking advantage.

jackstack99
08-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Oh, the Butthurt is strong with this one. Wasn't our last drive a thing of beauty. What of the "we will not be able to handle the KS, heat, we will be cramping blah, blah, blah. Only players I saw cramping and leaving field were yours, and who was gassed toward the end.
80 yards in 8+ minutes, bitch. Oh, nice use of your timeouts in 2nd half. /purple. LMFAO all the way to Fargo. Later post-game, butthurt Troll. Say goodbye to Bill for us to please, as you kissing HS statue Ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)
LOL, k. Didn't realize you played the snaps for NDSU and that I coached the team for KSU.

jackstack99
08-31-2013, 04:17 PM
I like how a lot of you talk shit back to fans who didn't actually talk much shit and gave NDSU respect too. great game, see ya now.

MHDBisonfan
08-31-2013, 04:26 PM
It's always impossible to deal with FBS fans. Doesn't matter the conference. All pre-game comments are snarky, all post-game comments are excuses.
Pregame:
"you hicks have no idea what you're getting into - this is the _____ conference! Big boy football! You can't compete at this level!"
"You've never seen speed/athleticism like this before"
"You won't be able to handle our crowd after playing in your little basketball arena sized football stadium"
"You won't be able to handle the heat (or altitude, or _____)"
"our depth will wear you out in the second half"

Post game:
"this is your best team ever and our worst team ever"
"this was your superbowl and we don't even care about this game"
"our coach played the wrong players - _______ should have been playing instead of ________. We would have won by 30 if that had happened!"
"that ref made a BS call on that one play"
"insert excuse here"

Hard to deal with, but I guess that makes it all the sweeter when the Bison win. Then it's like playing a game of "Excuse Bingo"

Go Bison! and from here on out....go wildcats - finish the year 12-1

tjbison
08-31-2013, 04:38 PM
It's always impossible to deal with FBS fans. Doesn't matter the conference. All pre-game comments are snarky, all post-game comments are excuses.
Pregame:
"you hicks have no idea what you're getting into - this is the _____ conference! Big boy football! You can't compete at this level!"
"You won't be able to handle our crowd after playing in your little basketball arena sized football stadium"

Post game:
"our coach played the wrong players - _______ should have been playing instead of ________. We would have won by 30 if that had happened!"
"insert excuse here"

Hard to deal with, but I guess that makes it all the sweeter when the Bison win. Then it's like playing a game of "Excuse Bingo"

F**k the wildcats and their classless fans

I heard enough shit out of them and seen that dumbass mask fan video that I will never cheer for anything Kansas again

btw the mask video guy is probably locked i his moms basement crying right now

tjbison
08-31-2013, 04:41 PM
I like how a lot of you talk shit back to fans who didn't actually talk much shit and gave NDSU respect too. great game, see ya now.

bye................

MHDBisonfan
08-31-2013, 04:47 PM

I heard enough shit out of them and seen that dumbass mask fan video that I will never cheer for anything Kansas again

I would agree with that in - I'm just wanting k-state to do well so we don't have to hear about how that "yes, you beat some FBS teams, but you haven't beaten a GOOD fbs team". All the jealous types love to throw out the records of the FBS teams we beat.

BadlandsBison
08-31-2013, 04:58 PM

Cats have a great group of fans. These loud jackasses are making ksu look bad, Snyder isn't gonna sit and complain like this

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

BlueKeyAlum
08-31-2013, 05:01 PM
Pregame:

Post game:
"insert excuse here"

And afterwards.....they all want Bohl.

HandoEX
08-31-2013, 05:30 PM
We dropped a wide open touchdown and shanked the FG. Brock had a bad interception. NDSU is a better team and a better football PROGRAM. This wasn't a fluke.

pwbnd
08-31-2013, 05:33 PM
Having spent the entire day in Manhattan KS yesterday interacting in person with lots of KSU fans, I just want to throw this out there...try not to let a few internet tough guys cloud your judgment of KSU and their fans. My friends, family, and I have traveled to quite a few Bison away games over the years and have, for the most part, been treated well by the fans of the home team. But KSU fans were, by far, the most cordial, complimentary, and welcoming folks I've ever seen. Both before and after the game, many of their fans went out of their way to walk over, welcome us to Manhattan and visit about our team and the game. Even after suffering a gut wrenching loss, as we walked out, at least half a dozen times, we thanked us for coming, wished safe travels, and good luck the rest of the season.

Again, don't let a few internet trolls, who may or may not have any association with KSU, give you a bad impression of their school. From what I saw in my 20 hours in Manhattan yesterday, the vast, vast majority of their fans, are a class act.

tjamz
08-31-2013, 05:34 PM
I'd love for the only blemish on ksu's schedule to be us and I think they have the talent to pull it off. Only time will tell but it would be pretty cool to say we beat the previous and current big 12 champs.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

devin45k
08-31-2013, 05:37 PM
Before Game: "Coach Snyder is one of the best coaches in college football history"

After Game "We need to get get rid of Snyder"

They are all dogging Waters too now when he played decent.

344Johnson
08-31-2013, 05:39 PM
Well it was pretty obvious that the D was going to be bad, OLine was a surprise and should have been better,
overall pretty much completely outplayed and outcoached besides QB and WR play. Middle was wide open every play for some reason. It kinda sucked to know that NDSU was going to score no matter what on the last drive, the D was that bad, but NDSU deserves credit for taking advantage.

Was it now? Thats kinda weird...I never once read any K-State folks saying that it would be bad. "We are going to reload. The new starters have played significant minutes...blah blah blah."

MHDBisonfan
08-31-2013, 05:40 PM
Having spent the entire day in Manhattan KS yesterday interacting in person with lots of KSU fans, I just want to throw this out there...try not to let a few internet tough guys cloud your judgment of KSU and their fans. My friends, family, and I have traveled to quite a few Bison away games over the years and have, for the most part, been treated well by the fans of the home team. But KSU fans were, by far, the most cordial, complimentary, and welcoming folks I've ever seen. Both before and after the game, many of their fans went out of their way to walk over, welcome us to Manhattan and visit about our team and the game. Even after suffering a gut wrenching loss, as we walked out, at least half a dozen times, we thanked us for coming, wished safe travels, and good luck the rest of the season.

Again, don't let a few internet trolls, who may or may not have any association with KSU, give you a bad impression of their school. From what I saw in my 20 hours in Manhattan yesterday, the vast, vast majority of their fans, are a class act.

You're right. My comments were basically directed at the trolls. Just about every time fans on the road are pretty good. Pretty much what I'd expect other teams' fans to say about us if they stroll through the tailgating lot. I know we always offer a beer and a brat if any of our opponent fans happen to stroll through.

HandoEX
08-31-2013, 05:41 PM

Great post. I have to keep reminding myself to forget all the KSU jerks we encountered. I interacted with the worst fans I've ever encountered. I've also encountered 20x more awesome fans in Manhattan. Eating lunch at Cox BBQ tight now amd the manager came to our table to say congrats. Class. Class. Class.

MHDBisonfan
08-31-2013, 05:43 PM
We dropped a wide open touchdown and shanked the FG. Brock had a bad interception. NDSU is a better team and a better football PROGRAM. This wasn't a fluke.

Bison looked more cool, calm, and collected than K-State the whole game. We've got a great group of players coming through right now and the coaches are preparing them well. We flat out beat them. Good time to be a Bison fan!

ndsubison1
08-31-2013, 05:50 PM
K state will make a bowl

17>1
08-31-2013, 06:01 PM

I agree 100%. I'll admit that the majority of KSU fans treated us very well before AND after the game. But there were also plenty of fans around us calling us Canadians, and getting pretty mouthy and cocky when they went up 21-7. One guy kept saying "Spiral delivery system dot com" when Waters made some nice throws. I don't even know what that means. So anyway, overall great game experience and great college game day atmosphere. But absolutely nothing makes me want to cheer for them and hope they win out. Screw that.

westnodak93bison
08-31-2013, 09:08 PM

Same experience for our group. Classy fans IMHO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

344Johnson
08-31-2013, 09:13 PM
Some of their younger fans were heckling us on our way out of the stadium calling us Canadian JV fans and shit like that. A K-State fan walking by us chewed them out and told them to grow up. Some other K-State fan walking against the flow of everyone leaving the stadium told us to "get the f*** out of his way" but all in all, almost all of them were awesome.

LynchMob42
08-31-2013, 09:19 PM
CAs, the last drive was amazing. One to be remembered, I'm sure.

As for fan experience, I know I welcomed dozens, and saw many, many more Wildcats doing the same. I saw one Wildcat approach a Bison to tell him welcome, and as they parted ways, Bison turns to his wife and asks her, "what's that all about?"

I think NDSU is about as good as I expected them to be. I did say they were probably the best FCS team ever. I think K-State is not as good as I anticipated, especially in the defensive front seven. No Wildcats should be dogging Waters. Every football fan loves the backup QB, but Waters was a shining bright spot for KSU last night.

Despite the missed FG, you all won on special teams. The kickoff strategy employed by the Bison was perfect. K-State paid for a bad punt. (should have been a first down on the prior play, however)

I didn't see one standout player for the Bison, not one guy who dominated from his position, rather a team that executed their assignments repeatedly.

Despite not throwing the ball deep, the Bison kept the Wildcat defense off balance with the sweeps and sweep action, draws, and screens. The 3rd and 11 conversion may have been the play of the game.

I believe K-State will win six games this regular season, go to a bowl, and be a better team next year. They're still a decent team.

GSUsTALON
08-31-2013, 09:26 PM
Ya, congrats from a GSU fan. My brother a UCF fan & now a 1aa NDSU fan watched the game.

Bison 4 Life
08-31-2013, 11:31 PM
Some of their younger fans were heckling us on our way out of the stadium calling us Canadian JV fans and shit like that. A K-State fan walking by us chewed them out and told them to grow up. Some other K-State fan walking against the flow of everyone leaving the stadium told us to "get the f*** out of his way" but all in all, almost all of them were awesome.

Speaking of which. Did anyone else see the guys selling the Mahnattan F***in Kansas shirts? What in the world what was about?

PattyBison
09-01-2013, 02:51 AM
Speaking of which. Did anyone else see the guys selling the Mahnattan F***in Kansas shirts? What in the world what was about?

There were guys selling Vikings ones outside Target Field last month. But I don't get it either.

jackstack99
09-01-2013, 04:02 AM
Was it now? Thats kinda weird...I never once read any K-State folks saying that it would be bad. "We are going to reload. The new starters have played significant minutes...blah blah blah."
Yeah, it was. We lost Arthur Brown and 9 other starters including B12 DLineman of the Year. You encountered a group of tucks it seems my friend. All you needed to do was go to GoEMAW.com to see this stuff.

jackstack99
09-01-2013, 04:05 AM
Lol, IK you guys think I'm a douche and trying to make excuses, but the Bison played good football. Good luck for the rest of the year.

TILIS-BisonFan
09-01-2013, 05:16 AM
K state will make a bowl

So would NDSU if they were in any conference except the SEC.

Tatanka
09-02-2013, 02:30 AM

Again, don't let a few internet trolls, who may or may not have any association with KSU, give you a bad impression of their school. From what I saw in my 20 hours in Manhattan yesterday, the vast, vast majority of their fans, are a class act.This times eleventy. Yes, KSU had some asshat online internet tough guys, but so did NDSU. In person, to a person (with <1% exceptions) we were treated very very well by complete strangers who are passionate about football. Stark contrast to almost everyone I encountered at the University of Kansas, most at the U of M, and other visited venues.

Great post.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-02-2013, 02:42 AM

What he said. Message board banter is no way to judge a fan base.

KSU has, from my experience, the best fans in the country.

Hansel
09-02-2013, 02:43 AM
K-State fans made an effort to congratulate us whether we were walking out of the stadium, at the hotel, eating in town or getting gas the next day. The classiest fans I have run into at a road game.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-02-2013, 02:44 AM
I'd love for the only blemish on ksu's schedule to be us and I think they have the talent to pull it off. Only time will tell but it would be pretty cool to say we beat the previous and current big 12 champs.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

I don't see this. I would say they will be lucky to go .500 in conference play this year.

missingnumber7
09-02-2013, 03:00 AM
Yeah, it was. We lost Arthur Brown and 9 other starters including B12 DLineman of the Year. You encountered a group of tucks it seems my friend. All you needed to do was go to GoEMAW.com to see this stuff.Can you go back to GoEMAW??? Time to flush Kstate and move on to Ferris Bueller State

ndsubison1
09-02-2013, 08:14 AM

before the game im sure you were saying: "Were the defending Big XII champs. Were not KU or UM. NDSU has no shot." Some of you sure are singing a different tune now. But I guess that's expected and we're used to it from FBS fans

BisonNation11
09-02-2013, 01:46 PM

The middle was wide open on every play because our O-Coordinator saw a tendency in your defense and exploited it. Every time we needed something over the middle, we simply motioned the HB out wide to an empty back set, watched (and smiled) as your lone MLB would follow him, and Boom. First down over the middle. All your D-coordinator had to do was run a defense that stopped plays from going over the middle and we are all talking about a different outcome. Your team was simply out-coached.

THEsocalledfan
09-10-2013, 04:43 PM

Hey, smart guy, you note that K st. took care of business last week? I admit not an NDSU quality team (although I am sure you think so following your logic).